Video: Romney aide cordially invites media to kiss his ass

posted at 4:01 pm on July 31, 2012 by Allahpundit

They were at Poland’s tomb of the unknown soldier; the questions were shrill, irritating, and dumb; and aide Rick Gorka lost his temper for maybe eight seconds, then apologized. Simple ingredients, but that’s all you need for a tasty summer stew of manufactured outrage that keeps the news cycle churning. September can’t get here soon enough, my friends.

Alternate headline: “Conservative support for Romney now at 100 percent.”

As Romney was walking away from Pilsudski Square toward his vehicle, reporters asked him about his string of gaffes and whether he had any comment for Palestinians, some of whom took offense at the Republican’s suggestion Monday in Jerusalem that Israel’s economy is superior because of cultural advantages Israelis enjoy. Romney ignored the questions and got in his car…

“Kiss my ass; this is a holy site for the Polish people,” said aide Rick Gorka. “Show some respect.”

Gorka then told a reporter to “shove it.”

Gorka subsequently called a pair of reporters to apologize, saying he lost his cool.

The press is annoyed that he’s treating this extended photo op as an extended photo op, taking just three questions from reporters in the span of a week. (“There is a growing frustration among reporters, a growing sense that the campaign doesn’t get it — we don’t want to screw you, we just want to do our job.”) Say what you will about Romney’s retail political instincts, but even he can’t miss an opportunity as golden as having the media mad at him:

Mitt Romney on Tuesday accused the media of looking to protect President Obama by focusing on the GOP candidate’s high-profile gaffes during his week-long foreign tour rather than more substantive policy issues he discussed.

“I realize that there will be some in the fourth estate or in whichever estate who are far more interested in finding something to write about that is unrelated to the economy, to geo-politics, to the threat of war, to the reality of conflict in Afghanistan today, to a nuclearization of Iran,” Romney told Fox News. “They’ll instead try to find anything else to divert from the fact that these last four years have been tough years for our country.”

DeMint once said Romney’s picking up conservatism as a second language. He may not be fluent yet, but media criticism proves that he can at least conjugate his verbs. Baby steps.

Exit question via Dana Loesch: If it’s rude to interrupt Obama in the Rose Garden, why isn’t it rude to scream questions at Romney while on hallowed ground during a goodwill visit?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

The guy is understandably stressed out.
Can’t be an easy week for him.

But pretty laughable that he resorts to ‘this is a holy site for the Polish people’…the same ‘holy site’ they feel fitting to use as a backdrop.
Man, the irony…
Maybe Romney will only be seen in public at holy sites now.
‘No questions’.

verbaluce on July 31, 2012 at 5:22 PM

It’s understandable that you can’t see the irony in your remark, considering that you have apparently been blind the last four years. Who knew the ground in the Rose Garden was holy? Remember not too long ago when one reporter asking Obama a question was denounced for not showing proper respect? You people are clueless or so twisted that you really think there is nothing wrong with a press that has kissed Obama’s ass for all this time instead of being what they were supposed to be, reporters.

Night Owl on July 31, 2012 at 6:05 PM

Should have been done long ago.

conservativecaveman on July 31, 2012 at 6:02 PM

I agree..Team Romney handled this well in my opinion!..:)

Dire Straits on July 31, 2012 at 6:07 PM

the only way you hold a politiicians feet to the fire is to threaten not to vote for him. It really is that simple.

unseen on July 31, 2012 at 5:50 PM

That didn’t work, Willard won anyway. Are you the same unseen that used to always defend Palin? We need you to fight with us to defeat Obama. The better we cope with reality, the better chance we have of turning things around.

mike_NC9 on July 31, 2012 at 6:08 PM

So Romney is drawing ire and fire from both the Obama camp and the press. If you are taking flak, you are over the target.

ghostwalker1 on July 31, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Night Owl on July 31, 2012 at 6:05 PM

Very good point!!..Hear!..Hear!..:)

Dire Straits on July 31, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Low-grade libturds show respect w/r/t matters holy? Yeah, that’s gonna happen.

Just when one thinks the left can’t sink any lower, they turn right around and do it.

Disgusting, low-class shrieking nutjobs.

MisterElephant on July 31, 2012 at 6:12 PM

Why does that matter?

Or do you think that not supporting the candidate might actually cost them the election?

sharrukin on July 31, 2012 at 5:56 PM

Romney is only up 1 in Fla and is down 6 in OH!

I think he needs both states to win. CO, NC, VA, WI, MI, and NH are all up for grabs.

DOn’t know about you but I’d rather not suffer anymore under the worst potus in our history. We need everyone to do everything they can to get involved if they think this country is worth saving.

Waiting to 2016 as unseen suggests is too late

LevinFan on July 31, 2012 at 6:03 PM

Wait…so now you are arguing that Palin/Romney do need the support of the party and voters to win?

sharrukin on July 31, 2012 at 6:16 PM

I suppose the saying why buy the cow when the milk is free will go over your rah rah vote for mitt because Obama is worse head.

unseen on July 31, 2012 at 6:00 PM

As opposed to your braindead logic of allowing obama a 2nd term to finish off the job!!!

Let me know when you pull your head out of your rear!

LevinFan on July 31, 2012 at 6:20 PM

sharrukin on July 31, 2012 at 6:16 PM

I think the more conservative, the greater the difference, the easier it would be to beat obama.

That’s why it’s so close now… but we need to win.

Will you support Romney or follow unseen by burying your head in the sand?

LevinFan on July 31, 2012 at 6:23 PM

mike_NC9 on July 31, 2012 at 6:08 PM

I tried reasoning with him the last few nights, yet he’d rather bring up how Williard Romney met with Saul Alinsky…. maybe you’ll have better luck

LevinFan on July 31, 2012 at 6:25 PM

unseen on July 31, 2012 at 6:00 PM

It is not about you…it is about the country…this idea that unless and until you get what you want…then to hell with everything is very childish. It really is.

Terrye on July 31, 2012 at 6:27 PM

Romney probably wouldn’t want me as an aide. A fuse just waiting for a spark.

arnold ziffel on July 31, 2012 at 5:47 PM

You and me both brother. ; )

Bmore on July 31, 2012 at 6:29 PM

Mutual, true, and that thing is born to be a modern day slave. Starve them.

Schadenfreude on July 31, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Bmore on July 31, 2012 at 6:30 PM

Bmore on July 31, 2012 at 6:29 PM

You still around?..:)

Dire Straits on July 31, 2012 at 6:31 PM

LevinFan on July 31, 2012 at 6:25 PM

I’ve mostly been an unseen fan and can sympathize with his position. But like Mark, this is beginning to piss me off.

will go over your rah rah vote for mitt because Obama is worse head.

unseen on July 31, 2012 at 6:00 PM

As opposed to rah rah vote for Obama because Obama is worse? How does that make sense? We only have two choices. That’s it. You’re not the first person in history to not like your choices. We’re about to go into battle, now is not the time to critique the War Plan.

mike_NC9 on July 31, 2012 at 6:36 PM

next time instead of saying kiss my ass
he should say
“why are you not doing your job and covering fast and furious?”

works great on live tv

audiotom on July 31, 2012 at 6:38 PM

Mutual, true, and that thing is born to be a modern day slave. Starve them.

Schadenfreude on July 31, 2012 at 5:54 PM

I should add Schadenfreude, I just returned from voting. We had one vote that does serve to starve the moochers. Very high probability it will fail to be passed. This is a good out come.

Bmore on July 31, 2012 at 6:39 PM

You still around?..:)

Dire Straits on July 31, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Yes Sir.

Bmore on July 31, 2012 at 6:39 PM

That’s why it’s so close now… but we need to win.

Why?

Why do we need to win?

Will you support Romney or follow unseen by burying your head in the sand?

LevinFan on July 31, 2012 at 6:23 PM

I like Unseen and I don’t think he is the one burying his head in the sand.

You want to believe that Romney and Boehner will deliver on promises that they have shown no inclination to deliver. They have made such promises before and did nothing to make good on them. You want to believe that they will pursue fiscal policies that they have no record of supporting. You want to believe that their current edition of who they are is the real one and we should all just close our eyes to the previous editions because of how hurtful that is to the cause.

Unseen is not the one with his head in the sand.

sharrukin on July 31, 2012 at 6:41 PM

“we don’t want to screw you, we just want to do our job…. which is to screw you.”

AbaddonsReign on July 31, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Good for the aide! These reporters are horrible. They have no respect for the place. or the people, or the dead.
I would kick them off the plane and I mean kick them!

Bambi on July 31, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Bmore on July 31, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Good deal..Left you a couple of messages..See you tonight on the Cruz/Dewhurst thread!..:)

Dire Straits on July 31, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Dire Straits on July 31, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Its gonna be a fun one! See you there Dire. ; )

Bmore on July 31, 2012 at 6:49 PM

I just saw this and all I can say is: ROFLMAO!!!!!!! Nuff said! See y’all on the CRUZ WHIPS SOME DEWHURST BUTTE post later! :)

sicoit on July 31, 2012 at 7:00 PM

Wow, just read Bmore and Dire Straits posts about the Cruz/Dewhurst thread tonite…..great minds and all that? ;)

sicoit on July 31, 2012 at 7:01 PM

sicoit on July 31, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Hello!..Haven’t seen you in a while..Allah better have a Cruz/Dewhurst thread or there will be a riot!..:)

PS..Great minds indeed!..Good to see you!..:)

Dire Straits on July 31, 2012 at 7:08 PM

IT…………..IS………………..ABOUT………….TIME!!!!!!

pilamaye on July 31, 2012 at 7:10 PM

There is not a group on the planet, outside the US congress, that more deserves an invitation to kiss ass.

Trouble is, of course they would kiss Barry’s while biting a chunk out of Mitt’s.

Hmm, come to think of it, that is exactly what they have

been doing!

Siddhartha Vicious on July 31, 2012 at 7:16 PM

Unseen is not the one with his head in the sand.

sharrukin on July 31, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Really? Unseen is still pining after Sarah Palin, who could not be bothered to run..even Herman Cain tried to run.

No, I am sorry, but I think both of you have your heads buried in the sand. I really do.

Terrye on July 31, 2012 at 7:19 PM

AbaddonsReign on July 31, 2012 at 6:43 PM

So true.

Terrye on July 31, 2012 at 7:21 PM

Dire Straits on July 31, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Good to see you too my friend….yup, AP best do what’s right and have a thread tonight……*grrrrrrr* ;)

sicoit on July 31, 2012 at 7:21 PM

The public pretty much hates the MSM by now. This can only be a positive for Romney.

RebeccaH on July 31, 2012 at 7:24 PM

RebeccaH on July 31, 2012 at 7:24 PM

I agree!..:)

Dire Straits on July 31, 2012 at 7:27 PM

OT:
I am soooooooooo very pizzed off right now! My polling place that I ALWAYS vote at decided that they weren’t going to hold the run-off there and has moved it to an area that…uh hum….an older, single woman should not go to by herself….I just went to vote and walked into the usual polling area and a little smart azz (probably a lib child) told me with a snicker, “no ma’am there is no voting here tonight. You can probably go to the main office and ask where the voting is but, I wouldn’t waste my time if I were you”. I wanted to yank that little POS up out of his chair and slap the krap outta him, but, I maintained and told him. Well, thank you son for that information. Oh and son, God Bless you! Heh…probably pizzed him off straight up! YEAH, I’M BAD! :) *little freakin turd*

sicoit on July 31, 2012 at 7:28 PM

I’ve already spoken to Ed via email and told him about these tactics. He has already assured me that what some of you are doing will not work and only he has the power to ban. Nice try, though!

inthemiddle on July 29, 2012 at 1:02 PM

Ha. I just realized what this post was about. He saw one of the ghost “delete/ban/ban and delete” what-nots that have shown up when some people get quoted and was apparently worried enough (and confused enough by scary technology) to have actually emailed Ed and asked.

It’s neat to think that there are folks out there who worry about their words getting them kicked out but, instead of taking responsibility, they instinctively blame other folks and their “tactics”. Hilarious.

Say, now that I think about it:

Obama 2012!!/!

rogerb on July 31, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Bravo . . . good for Romney’s aide.

rplat on July 31, 2012 at 7:32 PM

This incident is an example of why I don’t rely on the Lamestream media for their slant on news. I never watch CNN/NBC/CBS/ABC/PBS.
My blood pressure rises when I see clips of the goons on this site and others – I can’t stand to watch/listen to the likes of Andrea Mitchell/ Elenor Clift/ Cokie Roberts/Tamara Holder/ Katy Couric/Dan Blather/ Gibson/ Brian Williams/ and worst of all – Madcow and ol’
‘Toucan-beak’ Maher. When satellite calls and offers 3 months free HBO, I tell them not until they dump that jerk. When I receive free unsolicited issues of Newsweak / People at my office, they go straight into trash along with weekly crap from AARP. I’ll continue to rely on Drudge/Rush/Mark/Shaun/ Brit Hume (last of the real journalists). I long for the day when reporters start hounding little Barry and vet him like they should have done years ago. WH screens which reporter will be called on and must know his question before asking to give them time to prepare the prompters for the idiot to read. I CAN’T WAIT TO VOTE!!!

USN Corpseman on July 31, 2012 at 7:33 PM

sicoit on July 31, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Great Job!..You handled that well!..But please be careful!..:)

Dire Straits on July 31, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Dire Straits on July 31, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Thanks, my friend. Will do! I’m a feisty ole beyatch! I ain’t skeert! ;)

sicoit on July 31, 2012 at 7:58 PM

I like Unseen and I don’t think he is the one burying his head in the sand.

Unseen is not the one with his head in the sand.

sharrukin on July 31, 2012 at 6:41 PM

You are both clueless morons.

You don’t see a difference between a moderate and a radical socialist??

The bottom line is that Romney is NOT a Marxist. He won’t give a Medal of Honor to an American hating socialist. He won’t bow to dictators, he won’t sell out Israel, He won’t do deals like Solyndra, he won’t do Fast and Furious, he won’t raid Gibson guitars, he won’t gut our defense.
He won’t play golf on Sunday.
He will be in the Oval office before 8:00am, until after 5:00.
He won’t pick supremes like soto and the others obama has picked. He will open the pipe line.
He will give every state a waiver until he can get rid of obamacare through congress unless the supremes act.
I’m sure he will get rid of all the obscene regulations that obama has forced on businesses and thus kept them from hiring.
He will not allow performers who use obscene language to perform in the white house.
He will visit Israel.
He will appoint an AG who will go after all crime.
He will not criticize rich, poor, black, white, yellow people.
He will not tell people to ride in the back of the bus.
He will not say, if they bring a knife, we’ll bring a gun.
He will meet with his cabinet and the congress.
There are others, but it’s skipped my mind.

LevinFan on July 31, 2012 at 8:11 PM

If the nightmare in the White House gets a second term it will be because of those slimeballs in the MSM, who will do anything to keep him there.

If Romney wins not only do we send Obama off in a helicopter in Jan 2013 but we stick it to the media and all of those Hollywood idiots.

Good for Team Romney for showing some backbone. I like it.

bailey24 on July 31, 2012 at 8:30 PM

LevinFan on July 31, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Well done Comrade!

JPeterman on July 31, 2012 at 8:50 PM

WHy is this a controversy? Those same reporters routinely kiss Obama’s a$s.

Doug Piranha on July 31, 2012 at 8:54 PM

The female reporter sounds like Gladys Kravitz from “Bewitched”

Glenn Jericho on July 31, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Well done Comrade!

JPeterman on July 31, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Can’t tell if you’re being serious or pulling an unseen/shakkurin by calling me a “comrade” for supporting Romney now.

LevinFan on July 31, 2012 at 9:04 PM

I have to admit to be all over the map on this one. The irony of saying “Shove it” while talking about the sanctity of the location is pretty funny but a show of gumption is definitely appreciated.

Cindy Munford on July 31, 2012 at 9:24 PM

LevinFan on July 31, 2012 at 9:04 PM

Comrade=”friend”, “colleague”, or “ally”

I was as serious as the weather.

JPeterman on July 31, 2012 at 9:59 PM

I’ve never heard of Rick Gorka until today, but he now has a new Twitter stalker. ;-) If he would have told that beeyotch to shut her @#%$ piehole, I’d have to hit max contribution early.

di butler on July 31, 2012 at 10:26 PM

The Rose Garden is only for beer summits due to Obowma’s jumping the gun on the Washington DC police acting stupidly.

dthorny on July 31, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Cindy Munford on July 31, 2012 at 9:24 PM

I think he had just had enough…some people said he should not have apologized, but I think this is why Gorka said he was sorry, he felt it was not the place.

Terrye on July 31, 2012 at 11:23 PM

And how would one go out and support giving everyone a terrible virus because the alternative is worse.

unseen on July 31, 2012 at 5:20 PM

It’s called vaccination.

soundingboard on July 31, 2012 at 11:46 PM

So I never watch the Main stream media…does it tilt liberal or conservative? My liberal friends tell me the liberal media is a myth created by the Koch brothers and Rush.

I just know when I turned on the nightly news in 2006 there was a nightly body count from Iraq. When I turned it on in 2009 there you wouldn’t know we were even in a war….

nazo311 on August 1, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Winning over friends and independents.

The new civilized tone.

inthemiddle on July 31, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Put on your big girl pants.

Night Owl on July 31, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Maybe she could borrow a pair of lil barry’s mom jeans.

Solaratov on August 1, 2012 at 12:59 AM

what’s funny is that if Mitt were to propose a carbon tax or god forbid a mandate on health insurance many here would support the idea because it’s a GOP proposing it.

unseen on July 31, 2012 at 5:37 PM

That’s odd.

You didn’t seem that stupid…at first.

Solaratov on August 1, 2012 at 1:17 AM

You are both clueless morons.

You don’t see a difference between a moderate and a radical socialist??
LevinFan on July 31, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Yer just barkin’ at the moon, LF. I’ve had plenty of people like those two tell me that, if obama wins, it will be what we (who voted for Mitt) deserve. If we had just nominated a trucon they would have gotten off their butts to vote – or not gone out to vote for obama (to teach us a lesson).
Besides, their plan is that, if obama wins, there will be a “Second American Revolution” — and a “real, Constitutional Republic” (as the founders intended) will be established.
No mention, however, of what might be the result if their little foray into “revolution” FAILS.

Solaratov on August 1, 2012 at 1:40 AM

The better we cope with reality….

mike_NC9

The reality ship has sailed for the clowns for Palin crew like unseen, sharrukin, etc. It pushed them over the edge when she decided not to run after yanking them around for a couple of years.

xblade on August 1, 2012 at 6:27 AM

unseen

Ye, just like we supported Bush’s push for amnesty. Oh…wait.

Meanwhile, back in the real world, everyone here knows which woman’s fanatics would jump off a bridge if she told them to.

xblade on August 1, 2012 at 6:34 AM

Gorka then told a reporter to “shove it.”

Heh. What if Palin had said this?

Aitch748 on August 1, 2012 at 8:47 AM

Sorry, but I’ve got to grin. Maybe the press would be less outraged if he’d told them to kiss his tush in Austrian, which was the dominate language in those “Polish Death Camps”…..

BTW, I liked what Romney said about cultural problems were at the core of cultural poverty. Israel wasn’t anything but a barren, rocky outpost until the Jews arrived. The Jordanians had denuded the land of all greenery; they were using sisterns in Jerusalm which were built by the Romans. Pretty much, Jews brought it back and without any oil, they produce more scientists and artists per square foot than Washington DC has lawyers.

Portia46 on August 1, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Portia46 on August 1, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Of course only in Obama and your view, since there is no Austrian language.

Schadenfreude on August 1, 2012 at 12:04 PM

There was a group of people out there that shot themselves in the foot by voting for Obama the first time around. I don’t think all of them will shoot themselves in the other foot by voting for this disaster again. I have faith that the people of this country are not really that stupid.

savage24 on August 1, 2012 at 3:08 PM