Open thread: Texas; Update: AP calls it for Cruz

posted at 7:28 pm on July 31, 2012 by Allahpundit

Polls close at 8 p.m. ET. Two months ago, PPP had Dewhurst leading — by 25 points. As of yesterday, Cruz leads by 10 and is poised for arguably the most momentous upset in the brief but successful history of grassroots conservative challenges. How’d he do it? Not so much with sharp policy differences (although Cruz has taken care to paint Dewhurst as a squish, natch) as with good ol’ fashioned populism:

Voters who aren’t happy with the way things are going are throwing out people they blame for the mess, regardless of ideology. It sometimes looks like the Tea Party, but it’s not the same. Those early Tea Party rallies three years ago were all about economics; these races are drawing people from social to fiscal conservatives. That’s why “Washington” is a dirty word, and “lawyer” is a hex…

The establishment has lined up behind Dewhurst. A few have migrated to Cruz, but if you ask an incumbent Republican in Austin who they like in this primary, you’re more likely to find a Dewhurst supporter. The insiders like him because he’s an insider and there’s no pressing ideological reason for the conservatives to ditch him, either…

A Cruz win would be a success for those who’d like to bloody the establishment’s noses, to tell the people in Washington and Austin that the public is angry and that there will be consequences. It could embolden challengers and prompt incumbents to grab their teddy bears and suck their thumbs…

In the Senate race, Dewhurst has wagered they are voting against the Democrats in Washington. Cruz bets they’re voting against the establishment. Ideology is in there somewhere. So is the question of why most people aren’t interested in coming to the polls at all.

That sounds like a critique of tea-party power but it really isn’t. The claim isn’t that tea partiers aren’t driving this; of course they are. The claim is that there’s so much antiestablishment sentiment out there across the electorate that TP candidates might be getting a fresh look from non-TPers. Dewhurst’s problem isn’t so much that he’s a RINO as that, with nine years as lieutenant governor, he’s vulnerable to criticism that he’s a consummate “business as usual” candidate. Who wants business as usual right now? And Cruz, of course, is a star in the making with special appeal potentially to the Latino voters whom the GOP covets. It’s entirely rational to want to roll the dice on him instead of rubber-stamping an older mainstay of the Texas GOP. In fact, baseball fan that I am, today’s trading deadline made me think of this race as a sort of roster move. Texas Republicans are DFAing a decent but past-his-prime slugger in favor of a 20-year-old who’s hitting .400 at AAA. Ted Cruz — the GOP’s Mike Trout.

And as with all good hitters, it helps to have plenty of protection in the line-up:

Another part of Cruz’s strategy involved nationalizing the race and attracting prominent conservatives to boost his credentials and name recognition. Tea Party darling and former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, along with South Carolina Sen. Jim DeMint, a conservative stalwart, rallied 1,500 supporters in Houston over the weekend on Cruz’s behalf. Before the May primary, Palin voiced robo-calls for Cruz, calling him a trustworthy conservative who would change “the way Washington does businesses” and noting that the candidate’s father fled Cuba “seeking freedom.”…

Conservative groups have spent heavily on this race to contend with Dewhurst’s financial advantages. For example, Club for Growth spent $1.5 million on behalf of Cruz in the last week, and $5.5 million on independent expenditures throughout the campaign, most of it targeting Dewhurst. DeMint’s super PAC, Senate Conservatives Action, also ran ads in the state for Cruz.

Dewhurst spent, if you can believe it, $25 million on the race, including more than $16 million of his own money. And it may yet pay off: As impressive as yesterday’s PPP poll was for Cruz, WaPo notes that Dewhurst outspent him in TV ads by more than $1 million over the final week and that early voting, which favored Dewhurst in the first primary election (this one is a run-off), is once again “robust.” In fact, for what it’s worth, Dewhurst’s own internal poll had him up five points as recently as last week. Believe it or not, there are plenty of non-tea party Republicans even in Texas. I think Cruz will win, but I’d bet the margin is closer to four or five points than nine or 10.

Here’s the results page at the Texas Secretary of State’s website so that you can track returns. Stand by for updates and a dramatic conclusion.

Update: Bad omens for Dewhurst

@tedcruz sweeps the four big NTX counties that Dewhurst needed to win or run very strong. Denton County goes to @tedcruz 62-38.

Update: The Senate’s tea-party caucus will have a new member next year:

Tea party-backed Ted Cruz has defeated Texas Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst for the Republican nomination for U.S. Senate.

The former state solicitor general won the runoff Tuesday. He’d lost the May 29 primary by a large margin but forced the runoff because Dewhurst fell short of a majority. Cruz advances to the November election to succeed retiring Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison.

Says Dan Foster of NRO, “This is how you make the Senate more conservative, primary a guy in a safe seat with an excellent challenger. This is the anti-Delaware ’10.” I’ll bet Cruz is already being slotted for a speech at the convention.

Update: How big of a problem is this for Rick Perry? If you believe PPP, a pretty big one.

Update: I think the occasion warrants a cameo.

Robot libido by sabotage

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 11

I voted Cruz!

KCB on July 31, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Anybody else?

KCB on July 31, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Whoa!!

KCB on July 31, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Guess I’ll check back later……

KCB on July 31, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Polls had him down by just a few points last week, but I think the momentum is his. Perry proved what a good ‘ol boy crony he is by endorsing Dewhurst. That will haunt him in the future.

Cruz Cruz Cruz!!!

TheLoudTalker on July 31, 2012 at 7:32 PM

I agree..Maybe 3 or 4..:)

Dire Straits on July 31, 2012 at 7:32 PM

No more stale beltway pie, only fresh TEA and biscuits.

ahlaphus on July 31, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Drove past my polling place half an hour ago.

Parking lot was filled. Turnout in Tarrant county at least seems pretty big, especially after a weeks worth of early voting and a runoff election.

Rebar on July 31, 2012 at 7:32 PM

OK, not funny.

KCB on July 31, 2012 at 7:32 PM

AP, you is one lucky bug! (stolen from “Mulan”) THANKS AP! *smooches*

sicoit on July 31, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Early voting results supposed to be released at 7:15 CDT. I’m hoping Cruz gets the gold. Ain’t no room for a silver or bronze in this race.

TxAnn56 on July 31, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Le *gulp*!

;)

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on July 31, 2012 at 7:33 PM

I think Huckabees endorsement will help put Dewhurst over the edge…..of the Ash heap of history.

portlandon on July 31, 2012 at 7:33 PM

I am soooooooooo very pizzed off right now! My polling place that I ALWAYS vote at decided that they weren’t going to hold the run-off there and has moved it to an area that…uh hum….an older, single woman should not go to by herself….I just went to vote and walked into the usual polling area and a little smart azz (probably a lib child) told me with a snicker, “no ma’am there is no voting here tonight. You can probably go to the main office and ask where the voting is but, I wouldn’t waste my time if I were you”. I wanted to yank that little POS up out of his chair and slap the krap outta him, but, I maintained and told him. Well, thank you son for that information. Oh and son, God Bless you! Heh…probably pizzed him off straight up! YEAH, I’M BAD! :) *little freakin turd*

sicoit on July 31, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Had to repost here y’all. :)

sicoit on July 31, 2012 at 7:34 PM

I’m so excited, if Cruz wins (he will) shockwaves through both the republican and democrats parties!

Zcat on July 31, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Two-if-by-Tea

The revolution has begun – in earnest.

jake-the-goose on July 31, 2012 at 7:34 PM

28 minutes to go. If you haven’t voted for Cruz yet, you shouldn’t be at Hot Gas, but in case you are, get out there and get r done!

And many thanks to y’all who voted for Cruz, either today or earlier.

22044 on July 31, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Believe it or not, there are plenty of non-tea party Republicans even in Texas.

Translation: Austin

TxAnn56 on July 31, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Go Cruz! You are spot with the Austin establishment. As recently as two weeks ago they were still trying to say the letter they signed for Dewhurst was not an endorsement. Last week almost all of the GOP state senators have come for Dewhurst. He got to them and they will be scrutinized. You hear me Dan Patrick?

DanMan on July 31, 2012 at 7:35 PM

As I’ve said numerous times, both men would serve Texas well. I think the reason the campaign has been so nasty has been largely because there isn’t much to distinguish the two, in reality. The difference is that although Dewhurst would be a reliable conservative vote, Cruz would be a conservative leader, and that gives him the edge. So I voted for Cruz. Hope I’m not jinxing it by announcing it; I usually don’t tell people how I vote.

Caiwyn on July 31, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Heard Ted on Bill Bennet’s show this morning, and the man has got a great head on his shoulders !
Very happy we voted for him.

pambi on July 31, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Translation: Austin

TxAnn56 on July 31, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Heh……. :)

sicoit on July 31, 2012 at 7:36 PM

And they’re off!

Bmore on July 31, 2012 at 7:36 PM

I agree..Maybe 3 or 4..:)

Dire Straits on July 31, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Or 15 or 20!

*sip*

Or 40!

Axe on July 31, 2012 at 7:36 PM

You hear me Dan Patrick?

DanMan on July 31, 2012 at 7:35 PM

I wonder how Patrick really voted when he got behind the curtain. You know that “letter” wasn’t worth the paper it was written on. They have to work with Dewhurst when he loses.

TxAnn56 on July 31, 2012 at 7:37 PM

Proudly voted for Cruz today, the first time in 30 something years I’ve voted for a Senate candidate I had not at least met. Dewhurst has been a disappointment and Cruz has great promise. Internals say he’ll win, but we’ll see pretty soon.

TXUS on July 31, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Cruz has run a brilliant campaign. Good job, Ted! (and, Thank you, Sarah!)

Go-CRUZ-Go!

Pork-Chop on July 31, 2012 at 7:38 PM

I voted for Cruz-come on tea party!

texanpride on July 31, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Krap, gotta go cook some dinner, keep me posted y’all….puhleeeeezzzzeee and thank you! :)

sicoit on July 31, 2012 at 7:38 PM

El Paso is an hour behind, not sure if results will be withheld an hour to wait on them

commodore on July 31, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Whoever can beat the Dem in November is what matters. I personally don’t care, more interested in taking control of Senate.

Redford on July 31, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Cruzin’

Electrongod on July 31, 2012 at 7:39 PM

TheLoudTalker on July 31, 2012 at 7:32 PM

3 early votes for Cruz here-AND we like Rick Perry.

annoyinglittletwerp on July 31, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Voted in Austin about an hour ago, Polling place was dead. It was my first time here, so I can’t really compare.

KCB on July 31, 2012 at 7:40 PM

I heard Cruz on a podcast today, he said once the nominee is chosen there is no serious challenger for November. So instead he will barnstorm the country helping other Senate candidates and help them raise money. Love his mindset.

commodore on July 31, 2012 at 7:40 PM

6.25% +/- .02

Axe on July 31, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Where is that Annin??? that moved to Texas?
Any word from her lately?

Electrongod on July 31, 2012 at 7:40 PM

One of the local radio guys in Houston said on the drive home that if Dewhurst loses, one of the turning points will be that slimy ad about Cruz being responsible for that PA woman’s son’s suicide. If you didn’t know better, you’d think it had come from the Obama machine.

TxAnn56 on July 31, 2012 at 7:40 PM

I voted for Cruz. Also, at our polling place, the poll worker told me that turn out was very high at this particular polling station. Take that for what it’s worth.

Weight of Glory on July 31, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Redford on July 31, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Ditto – whomever wins better win in November.

gophergirl on July 31, 2012 at 7:41 PM

TxAnn56 on July 31, 2012 at 7:37 PM

Yeah, as lieutenant gov. he controls things like their committee chairmanships, doesn’t he?

Caiwyn on July 31, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Redford on July 31, 2012 at 7:39 PM

It’s Texas. Anyone can beat the Dem, barring a spectacular gaffe a la Clayton Williams.

Caiwyn on July 31, 2012 at 7:43 PM

I voted Cruz.
I voted Miller.

ericdijon on July 31, 2012 at 7:43 PM

LoLz..:)

Dire Straits on July 31, 2012 at 7:43 PM

TheLoudTalker on July 31, 2012 at 7:32 PM

No it won’t.

cozmo on July 31, 2012 at 7:43 PM

I voted Cruz this morning and my husband is getting his vote in right now. GO CRUZ.

FirstBoot on July 31, 2012 at 7:43 PM

CRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUZ!

dforston on July 31, 2012 at 7:44 PM

A Cruz win will mean that a Bush backed candidate has defeated and up and comer. They tried to beat Perry with KBH a few years ago and lost.

Kermit on July 31, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Caiwyn on July 31, 2012 at 7:43 PM

That is to say, Texas is the perfect place to pick the more conservative candidate in order to offset the necessity of more moderate candidates in, say, Massachusetts.

Caiwyn on July 31, 2012 at 7:44 PM

I voted Cruz!

KCB on July 31, 2012 at 7:30 PM

So did I. Then I called his campaign headquarters in Austin and told the person who answered the phone what I’d done.

Babsy on July 31, 2012 at 7:45 PM

I really enjoyed voting today. Didn’t have to hold my nose or nuthin’!

KCB on July 31, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Don’t be shocked when Cruz turns out to be a moderate. You heard it from me.

Kermit on July 31, 2012 at 7:45 PM

I made two calls today and got three more votes for Cruz. Two in Austin and one in E. Texas. They first said it was too hot to get out and I told them it was gonna really get hot if we don’t elect a real conservative. All sent me a text to say mission accomplished.

PatrickHenry599 on July 31, 2012 at 7:45 PM

I’ve been sick over this all day. After Roberts betrayed us all, I hope TX does not betray us, too.

jubalearly on July 31, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Babsy on July 31, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Nice…Were they upbeat?

KCB on July 31, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Caiwyn on July 31, 2012 at 7:42 PM

The Texas Senate’s rules state the Lieutenant Governor establishes all special and standing committees, appoints all chairpersons and members to those committees, and assigns all Senate legislation to the committee of his or her choice. That last part is important! Being able to assign bills to any committee gives one the power to move a bill quickly through a ‘friendly” committee or effectively kill a bill (like the sanctuary city and tsa bills) by sending it to a more hostile committee or multiple committees which prevent it from ever reaching the floor of the Senate for a vote.

TxAnn56 on July 31, 2012 at 7:46 PM

No it won’t.

cozmo on July 31, 2012 at 7:43 PM

I agree..:)

Dire Straits on July 31, 2012 at 7:46 PM

If Dewhurst wins will Cruz supporters back him?

changer1701 on July 31, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Don’t be shocked when Cruz turns out to be a moderate. You heard it from me.

Kermit on July 31, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Really, starting your crap, again, already?

Give it some time, your guy could still pull his huevos out of the fire.

cozmo on July 31, 2012 at 7:47 PM

PatrickHenry599 on July 31, 2012 at 7:45 PM

*Raising my glass*

KCB on July 31, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Evaded the still-flooded area and arrived at our polling place in far western Harris County at 3:00, the parking lot was jammed. My son and I had a 40 minute wait to vote. Those were an awful lot of resolute-looking people standing outside on a 96 degree summer day to vote in a run-off. We’ll see.

Whatever smal hesitation I had, Perry and Dewhurst clinched it for me when they attacked “outsiders” for endorsing Cruz. That, and the outrageous Dewhurst ads accusing Cruz for responsibility for a man’s suicide and the awful allegations that Cruz is a pawn of the Chinese. Truthfully, I don’t know if I would have been inclined to just be for Cruz, but I sure as heck am against Dewhurst– and Perry. As for Dan Patrick, I did consider his other endorsements, but he sold out on Dewhurst.

obladioblada on July 31, 2012 at 7:48 PM

changer1701 on July 31, 2012 at 7:47 PM

This one will.

annoyinglittletwerp on July 31, 2012 at 7:48 PM

3 for Cruz in north Texas.

wheelgun on July 31, 2012 at 7:49 PM

I have no sense of this race: is Dewhurst like a Texas Murky Cow Ski?

AshleyTKing on July 31, 2012 at 7:49 PM

If Dewhurst wins will Cruz supporters back him?

changer1701 on July 31, 2012 at 7:47 PM

The non-nutball ones will, reluctantly.

cozmo on July 31, 2012 at 7:49 PM

I voted Cruz.
I voted Miller.

ericdijon on July 31, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Hey neighbor, you must be in state district 26. I voted for Miller too.

TxAnn56 on July 31, 2012 at 7:49 PM

I have no sense of this race: is Dewhurst like a Texas Murky Cow Ski?

AshleyTKing on July 31, 2012 at 7:49 PM

No, but not as conservative, or fire filled, as Cruz.

cozmo on July 31, 2012 at 7:50 PM

KCB on July 31, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Yes, and she was grateful for the vote.

Babsy on July 31, 2012 at 7:50 PM

If Ted Cruz wins this is also a huge victory for Sarah Palin.

technopeasant on July 31, 2012 at 7:51 PM

I hope Cruz wins, he has the potential to be a real star in the future, while Dewhwurst is nothing but an old establishment RINO that needs to be put out to pasture.

Raquel Pinkbullet on July 31, 2012 at 7:51 PM

…I’ve been looking FORWARD to this evening…to see how irrelevant the Tea Party has become!

KOOLAID2 on July 31, 2012 at 7:51 PM

If Dewhurst wins will Cruz supporters back him?

changer1701 on July 31, 2012 at 7:47 PM

All the ones I know will.

TxAnn56 on July 31, 2012 at 7:51 PM

If Dewhurst wins will Cruz supporters back him?

changer1701 on July 31, 2012 at 7:47 PM

If Cruz wins, and Dewhurst supporters don’t back Cruz, it’s a good thing and is applauded by the GOP.

If Dewhurst wins, and the Cruz supporters don’t back Dewhurst, it is the biggest sin of all time, angels weep, kittens die and you are for Obama, and Communism, and hate Texas.

portlandon on July 31, 2012 at 7:51 PM

TxAnn56 on July 31, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Wylie :)

ericdijon on July 31, 2012 at 7:51 PM

I long for the day to have two candidates like this fighting for the nomination in my state.

gophergirl on July 31, 2012 at 7:52 PM

I voted for Cruz too. Happened to be in Texas to see family.

Uppereastside on July 31, 2012 at 7:52 PM

TxAnn56 on July 31, 2012 at 7:46 PM

That sounds like something LBJ would dream up.

INC on July 31, 2012 at 7:52 PM

If Dewhurst wins will Cruz supporters back him?

changer1701 on July 31, 2012 at 7:47 PM

The past 3 years taught us explicitly that there is no such thing as a moderate or conservative Democrat. They will always follow marching orders and vote with their party, even when it means selling out the American people. We have a shot at something approaching sanity with a Republican candidate, none with a Democrat. So, yes, Cruz supporters can vote for Dewhurst over a Democrat, although it may mean a lot of time and effort expended to hold his feet to the fire afterwards.

obladioblada on July 31, 2012 at 7:53 PM

2 for Cruz from East Texas.

momoftxmomof3 on July 31, 2012 at 7:53 PM

I voted for Cruz too. Happened to be in Texas to see family.

Uppereastside on July 31, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Bless your heart. Was fraud involved?

cozmo on July 31, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Voted Cruz here in Anderson County. Personally drove a buddy who’d gotten off work and forgot to vote. Always used to say that I didn’t care who you voted for, as long as you vote smart. He says he voted Cruz too.

This is what I love about America; the people exercising their franchise.

Texan on July 31, 2012 at 7:54 PM

I voted for Ted Cruz, and probably would have voted for him even without his Tea Party cred because I got to the point where I would vote for ANYBODY except David Dewhurst. The $25,000,000 Mr. Dewhurst spent, I believe, helped Ted Cruz more than it helped Mr. Dewhurst. We’ll see for sure tonight.

In my opinion, Dewhurst’s problem is that his campaign and Super Pac were their own worst enemy.

The Anti-Cruz ad’s were over the top, deceptive, vile and unworthy of a candidate for the United States Senate. Except for the last few days there was little to nothing about any Dewhurst accomplishments in any of his ads.

For weeks we were bombarded by the Dewhurst camp with non-stop ads which basically did nothing but condem Ted Cruz for representing a couple of reprehensible clients.

For God’s sake, every lawyer is going to have some reprehensible clients, and the nature of our advocacy system of justice gives them the same right to counsel as a saint.

Even John Adams represented the British Officers who committed the Boston Masacre. I don’t think that disqualified him from serving in the Continental Congress.

If Mr. Dewhurst ever runs for office again, he would be well advised to not insult the intelligence of his potential voters. At least not 24 hours a day for weeks on end.

MessesWithTexas on July 31, 2012 at 7:54 PM

I voted for Cruz too. Happened to be in Texas to see family.

Uppereastside on July 31, 2012 at 7:52 PM

So are you a resident of Texas or can you vote in any state you happen to be in at the time?

portlandon on July 31, 2012 at 7:54 PM

If Ted Cruz wins this is also a huge victory for Sarah Palin.

technopeasant on July 31, 2012 at 7:51 PM

I have to somewhat disagree. While her endorsement and appearance certainly helped, she came on board alot later than Demint and others. A victory will be a result of Cruz’s dogged determination and all the grassroots who block walked and called and spread the word when no one had heard of him.

TxAnn56 on July 31, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Bless your heart. Was fraud involved?

cozmo on July 31, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Now that right there is funny! Funny!

Bmore on July 31, 2012 at 7:55 PM

I voted for Cruz too. Happened to be in Texas to see family.

Uppereastside on July 31, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Must admit that I laughed.

KCB on July 31, 2012 at 7:55 PM

I voted Cruz!

KCB on July 31, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Besides that you are the Bishop of this thread.

SparkPlug on July 31, 2012 at 7:55 PM

obladioblada on July 31, 2012 at 7:48 PM

I met Ted Cruz about 6 months ago and decided then that he is exactly what we need. But if I hadn’t, the Dewhurst campaign would’ve pushed me to vote for Ted. Negative campaiging is one thing but those ads were pure slime.

Eren on July 31, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Whats,s up B?

KCB on July 31, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Is this a Humpbot event if Mr. Cruz wins?

Cindy Munford on July 31, 2012 at 7:56 PM

momoftxmomof3 on July 31, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Good deal!..Good to see you!..:)

PS..I hope your daughter is doing well!..:)

Dire Straits on July 31, 2012 at 7:57 PM

SparkPlug on July 31, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Got QOTD last night too. On a roll!

KCB on July 31, 2012 at 7:57 PM

commodore on July 31, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Sec of St office will start reporting results after the Central Time polls close at 7, and before the El Paso/Hudspeth County polls close at 7 Mountain (the race would have to be incredibly close for El Paso County to make a difference, since it’s mostly Democrat. They also have a Senate primary runoff race tonight that hardly anybody’s paying attention to, while there is some interest in CD-23, the most evenly divided D/R district in Texas, and where the announced keynote speaker for the DNC convention has endorsed one Democratic hopeful, while the former president and the other guy speaking before Obama on Sept. 6 endorsed the other guy).

jon1979 on July 31, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Whats,s up B?

KCB on July 31, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Just enjoying watching them out of the gate. Felt good to vote today. I always feel good after I vote.

Bmore on July 31, 2012 at 7:58 PM

TxAnn56 on July 31, 2012 at 7:54 PM

You are correct..imho!..:)

Dire Straits on July 31, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Is this a Humpbot event if Mr. Cruz wins?

Cindy Munford on July 31, 2012 at 7:56 PM

It should be. How about it, AP?

Eren on July 31, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Is this a Humpbot event if Mr. Cruz wins?

Cindy Munford on July 31, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Allah posted so I would have to guess, yes.

Bmore on July 31, 2012 at 7:59 PM

I don’t really know either of these gentlemen but isn’t this a no lose situation?

Cindy Munford on July 31, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Isn’t there a primary in GA today too?

TxAnn56 on July 31, 2012 at 8:00 PM

It was very busy when I went. There was a table outside just beyond the limits with volunteers and decorations and signs for Cruz even though it was over a hundred degrees.

txmomof6 on July 31, 2012 at 8:01 PM