Obama now issuing instructional videos on how to send him money

posted at 9:34 pm on July 31, 2012 by Allahpundit

Key quote from a guy who broke his promise four years ago to accept public financing so that he could assemble the most lucrative campaign in American history: “We don’t get some of the massive checks that the other side does.” That tearing sound you hear is the sound of your heart breaking.

In fairness to O, this is a savvy clip insofar as it’s easy to take for granted how many voters — especially older ones — might have trouble figuring out how to donate online. To you and me, it’s second nature. To a 65-year-old who just got an iPad and has been surfing the ‘Net for just a few months, it may be a revelation. Just look at how simple it is! Why, you don’t even need your address to match the address on the credit card you’re using.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Say, aren’t Apple computers made in China?

rogerb on August 1, 2012 at 6:05 AM

The video to follow this shows you how to answer the door when the men come, and hand them your wallet. That’s the last one though. In the final phase, your participation will not be necessary.

SomeCallMeJohn on August 1, 2012 at 6:53 AM

“talking the talk, walking the walk…”

Right. Because ALL the little liberals are so worried that the president himself isn’t sufficiently on board with HIS OWN CAMPAIGN…

If that piece of **** told me the sun came up in the East, I’d make sure to check. I’ve never even HEARD of a more utterly dishonest person.

Dirty Creature on August 1, 2012 at 7:31 AM

I got 2 cents to give him, but he just won’t take them… funny, that.

ajacksonian on August 1, 2012 at 7:44 AM

Occupation: President

I was pretty sure he was going to type Messiah.

mwdiver on August 1, 2012 at 7:54 AM

What’s that 65-year-old doing blowing a few hundred bucks on an iPad instead of putting a check in the mail?

Happy Nomad on August 1, 2012 at 7:59 AM

Occupation: President

I was pretty sure he was going to type Messiah.

mwdiver on August 1, 2012 at 7:54 AM

I was going for “professional golfer” or “fundraiser.”

Happy Nomad on August 1, 2012 at 8:00 AM

Say, aren’t Apple computers made in China?

rogerb on August 1, 2012 at 6:05 AM

Foreign toys for foreign “Americans.”

Happy Nomad on August 1, 2012 at 8:01 AM

What a staged photo. Notice how the fern, it is a fern isn’t it, is sitting at the edge of the little table. He’s got his shirt sleeves rolled up and at the keyboard, does he even know how to type, with his trusty Blackberry at his side. He must be really desperate.

Kissmygrits on August 1, 2012 at 8:47 AM

He hits the keyboard like a girl too.

JellyToast on August 1, 2012 at 9:14 AM

I donated money to a politician for the first time in my life. That politician is Mitt Romney.

RebeccaH on August 1, 2012 at 9:36 AM

I see nothing “savvy” about this clip – it reeks of desperation – obama reeks of desperation.

Pork-Chop on August 1, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Pork-Chop on August 1, 2012 at 9:36 AM

And desperation is a stinky, stinky cologne.

JohnGalt23 on August 1, 2012 at 10:06 AM

I appreciate the joke about the credit card, but not the joke about 65-year-olds. I had a personal computer (a Radio Shack Tandy 100) in 1980 and was on the internet before there was an internet (a private network called “The Source”) in 1981. How old were you in 1980, Allah?

tkmcp on August 1, 2012 at 10:06 AM

His handedness indicates his politics.

rickv404 on August 1, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Send me your tired your poor, your huddled masses yearning for free stuff, but most of all send me yer money so I can pay those huddled masses, yearning for free stuff!

Not happenin Jackass!

ConcealedKerry on August 1, 2012 at 10:09 AM

Did you disable the verification system yet, Daddy? What about for gift cards?

Fallon on August 1, 2012 at 10:12 AM

No, the big money comes in the form of cash, foreign and untraceable.

Clink on August 1, 2012 at 7:08 AM

And don’t forget all the random unaccounted for charges people were getting on their credit cards… people who had never donated to Obama.

A North Kansas City couple has been left scratching their heads after they became the victims of a political scam.

Steve and Rachel Larman say a strange credit card charge appeared on their statement this month — a $2300 donation to Barack Obama’s presidential campaign. The Larman’s say they don’t want this to be about their political affiliation, but they say they’re not about to give the Obama campaign any help from their pocketbook.

JellyToast on August 1, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Desperate Preezy is Desperate.

I donated a dislike, please do the same.

8thAirForce on August 1, 2012 at 10:26 AM

So Obama voters have learned helplessness. Good to know.

NaCly dog on August 1, 2012 at 11:07 AM

This is nice but what is its real purpose? Me thinks it is to cover for all the money George Soros is about to pony up for the One either directly to Super PAC’s or through all the sham corporations he has set up for that purpose. Yes, I am afraid there will be an avalanche of money and that will be the source.

Pardonme on August 1, 2012 at 11:11 AM

Watch the leader of the free world panhandle.

So very inspirational.

nico on August 1, 2012 at 11:17 AM

Ah, this explains the massive traffic jams the last time I was in Manhattan while the President was in town. All those $5-$10 donors driving to the fundraisers.

DarthBrooks on August 1, 2012 at 11:56 AM

Apparently, Obama’s hoping to tap that well-known Democrat constituency : people who are damn stupid to fill out an online form without an instructional video.

corncat on August 1, 2012 at 12:03 PM

Say, aren’t Apple computers made in China?

rogerb on August 1, 2012 at 6:05 AM

Indeed they are. No denying however that the OS is the finest OS in the land. Those of you who have not yet enjoyed the wonder that is Apple really owe it to yourself to give it a run. You won’t be sorry. ; )

Bmore on August 1, 2012 at 12:29 PM

This is one big mistake Apple made with the iPad. There are several, I will only address this one at this time. The 65 year old when first opening the box their new iPad came in, as for many of us tech folks, is sweet anticipation reward with that tactile experience of newness. Then the 65 year olds heart sinks as they go to hit the power button. Oh they come fully charged, so it’s not what you may be thinking, on it comes. Then, absosutely zero, until that little hidieous message appears and informs you of just why you are experiencing disappointment………….at this point the confused 65 year owner of the beautiful shiny new device generally starts to panic, then anger, followed buy buyers remorse. These are not good marketing ideas on Apples part. Not fun or funny either. No redeeming feature, near I as can tell. There is more to this saga, if you are indeed considering the purchase of this wonderful device, I can only suggest you do your homework on iPad setup first.

P.S. this comment was entered on an iPad and I am not 65 . ; )

Bmore on August 1, 2012 at 12:47 PM

year should have been year old, not an iPad mistake in this case. Lol!

Bmore on August 1, 2012 at 12:49 PM

buy= by, typical iPad mistake when auto correct is turned on.

Bmore on August 1, 2012 at 12:50 PM

“..Occupation:……Me”

Dongemaharu on July 31, 2012 at 9:39 PM

hahahahaha

Alana on August 1, 2012 at 12:50 PM

LOL!

This is so embarrassing…

William Eaton on August 1, 2012 at 12:51 PM

Bmore on August 1, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Have you seen this?

How to Set Up Your iPad the Right Way. Granted, it is two years old, but I hope it helps.

PatriotGal2257 on August 1, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Wow.

That ad is just…..pathetic.

badtemper on August 1, 2012 at 1:04 PM

(1) First off, what’s this “to you and me” nonsense? Do you assume that no one posting here is over 65?

(2) Secondly, I don’t think there are many over-65-year-olds who are that late to the game. It’s not like the internet was invented yesterday. More like there are a few holdouts (who never intend to use a computer), and everybody else who already knows how to use one.

I’m not 65 quite yet, but I have no friends or acquaintance who don’t know how to use a computer. I don’t know anyone who just recently woke up to the whole thing and bought an ipad. I think you are talking as if this were 10-20 years ago.

Not to mention those who have had to use computers in their job, whether they wanted to or not.

(3) And finally, if an older person has a computer in the first place, I think it’s pretty much a foregone conclusion that they can figure out how to fill in an online form.

Alana on August 1, 2012 at 1:23 PM

look guys, Obummer’s supports are not savvy. They need all the help they can get. Of course they don’t know how to SEND money to anyone; they are only use to RECEIVING money from the government. Notice he doesn’t have to tell them how to get their welfare checks.

katablog.com on August 1, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Alana on August 1, 2012 at 1:23 PM

Take it up with Obama he’s the one who thinks people are so stupid they need an instructional video. If it wasn’t intended for old people then who is it for?
Answer: Anyone stupid enough to send him money might very well be too stoopid to fill in an online form.

Buttercup on August 1, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Republicans sign their checks on the front.
Liberals sign their checks on the back.

Buttercup on August 1, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Alana on August 1, 2012 at 1:23 PM

I’m 54 and I have friends, a couple relatives, and assorted high school acquaintances my age and younger who do not have an email account, who are bewildered by Facebook and uncomprehending of Twitter. For them, the phone is still their technology of choice, which is fine as far as that goes. If they have a cell phone, it’s the simplest one that is offered.

Then again, I do not expect everyone to have the attitude I do, which is that all these technological advancements are the greatest things since sliced bread, that the market will be the defining force that will determine what will remain and what won’t, and that these technologies have the ability to improve our lives in ways we probably don’t know.

PatriotGal2257 on August 1, 2012 at 1:53 PM

8 years old
Julia teaches her grand mother how to vote on a computer

Grandmother asks “what are we doing this for?”

audiotom on August 1, 2012 at 1:58 PM

I’m surprised they don’t have kiosks at the unemployment and welfare lines

audiotom on August 1, 2012 at 1:59 PM

People aren’t donating. He just didn’t explain it well enough.

NOMOBO on August 1, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Buttercup on August 1, 2012 at 1:47 PM

I’m taking it up with Allahpundit, for his comments. I don’t expect anything better from Obama.

Alana on August 1, 2012 at 2:15 PM

You old people are awful sensitive.

Buttercup on August 1, 2012 at 3:10 PM

President: I was going to make a video about how easy it is to send a check thru the mail. But then I realized that I’d have to show you how to balance your checkbook – and quite honestly – I have noooo idea how to do that. Besides, keeping track of your spending and living within your means is so overrated!

Hill60 on August 1, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Nice that he’s using a Mac.

Steve Jobs wasn’t exactly a fan. In fact he told Barker that if he cut the insane regulatory burdne he’d make Apple products in the US.

Barky Dawg clammed up and left shortly thereafter.

But hey, Macs are cool.

CorporatePiggy on August 1, 2012 at 5:22 PM

The young people are always so surprised to discover their favorite ingame player is old enough to be their parent or grandparent. They assume that no one that old would play a game like WoW or Rift or any of the other simuliar games.

Older people,if they get around he notion they are too old to use a computer, do quiet well, often taking themselves beyond what I have taught them in a short time. In someways they have an easier time since like the young children, they learn with a discovery approach and use what works if even they don’t know why it works. My father in law was 70 when I bought him a computer and spent two hours teaching him how to use it. Two years later he was buying and managing his stocks on line.

The group that is sold short even more than the elderly are the Mentally handicaped. I have taught hundreds students others said could not learn to use a computer. They learned not only how to use a computer, but basics such as antivirus and internet safty. They also the basics, or what the average user learns, on using word, Excel, Access and Power point which included finding resources on the web.

Franklyn on August 1, 2012 at 6:29 PM

If this is video on teaching how to donate, then the problem of not communicating with the public is easy to understand.

It did appear from the little that we saw of the page form that the information was basic personal information that you should know.

Did anyone notice that he kept having to look at notes beside the laptop as he type?

I guess when you lie all the time, you have to check the notes to make sure your not lying. Remembering all that stuff is hard work.

I have a hard time imagining him trying to understand anything to do with his job as president. I seems obvious they took away the pen long ago and handed him a box of crayons and a placemat.

Franklyn on August 1, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Hey AP, ever heard of a Kaypro? Skip the jokes about 65 year olds and computers, please. We aren’t that dumb.

tngmv on August 1, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Cool, a video of President Obama putting in a full day’s work. You must appreciate his great sacrifice of giving up a whole day of golfing.

mediamime on August 2, 2012 at 8:42 AM

Is it just me?

What in the world is the President looking at as he’s supposedly filling out a donation form that is so simple a caveman could do it?

It looks like he has the information he needs to type into the form on a piece of paper next to the computer and he’s checking to enure that he’s entering “United States of America” instead of “United States of Amerika.”

Well, I shouldn’t be surprised. This is the President that needed teleprompters to address a small group of grade schoolers.

BMF on August 2, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Every time this thread loses one of my posts, I’m sending the Obama campaign $10 K.

IlikedAUH2O on August 2, 2012 at 7:33 PM