Elizabeth Warren: On second thought, it’s probably silly to think I’ll save capitalism

posted at 10:07 pm on July 31, 2012 by Allahpundit

I don’t know, guys. She probably shouldn’t be so quick to abandon this insane talking point. Democrats do pretty well when they run on the opposite of what they end up doing. They took back the House in 2006 promising to scale back U.S. adventures abroad and rein in spending, O got elected president in 2008 promising to unite the nation and bring a new type of politics to Washington, etc. With that as precedent, if there’s any liberal in all the land who’s super duper “pro-capitalism,” it’s Elizabeth Warren.

Democratic Senate candidate Elizabeth Warren is copping out of her claim that Wall Street executives are supporting her because she’ll “save capitalism,” saying she made a “silly” gaffe.

“I passed along a comment that was over the top, and it was silly for me to do so,” she told the Herald at a Somerville campaign stop.

Warren had boasted to the National Journal that Wall Street executives have told her: “I want to support your campaign because you will save capitalism.”

The real significance of this clip? She’s learned that, when you’re in a hole politically, it’s best to just stop and crawl out. Not dig, and dig, and dig. And dig.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Runs On Stupidity.
Keep talking hag!

AllahsNippleHair on July 31, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Go Faux!!!!!

ted c on July 31, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Some day we’ll remember these days, when complete imbeciles were taken seriously, and shudder.

Akzed on July 31, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Thought bubble over her head: “But I really believe it”.

Bitter Clinger on July 31, 2012 at 10:12 PM

It will be amusing watching her distance herself from Obama as election day nears.

Marcus on July 31, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Well bury my heart at Wounded Knee, Lizzy learns a new trick.

Bishop on July 31, 2012 at 10:13 PM

“I’m over the top” — E. Warren

Schadenfreude on July 31, 2012 at 10:13 PM

She really is a blithering idiot.

The Count on July 31, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Emily Latella: Never mind ;-)

TarheelBen on July 31, 2012 at 10:13 PM

So she’s an Indian Giver? Why am I not surprised.

Flora Duh on July 31, 2012 at 10:13 PM

If Massachusetts elects this dolt it ought to be sawed off the map – and I say that as someone with parents living on Cape Cod.

The Count on July 31, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Heads: “I’ll Save Capitalism”
Tails: “You Didn’t Build That”

Keep flipping back and forth, sweetie. Everyone knows you come up Tails every time.

PatriotGal2257 on July 31, 2012 at 10:15 PM

The Cherokee have more honor then her..

Electrongod on July 31, 2012 at 10:15 PM

How does Scott Brown manage not to pull ahead ??

KenInIL on July 31, 2012 at 10:16 PM

The Comment was over the top!

Be advised,that there is a fake investigation and undertaking as to
who,stated the “Over The Top Comment”,and rumour is,its from a 1/32
unverified American Native of questionable origin!!

The fake ongoing investigation is going to get to the bottom,of this,
in some manner or form,

and all evidence points so far to a Sandy Blonde,wearing glasses,who
claims to be a Democrat,but is rumoured to be an Over The Top BatSh*t
Crazy Progressive!
(snark).

canopfor on July 31, 2012 at 10:16 PM

This woman is scary…honest injun.

d1carter on July 31, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Isn’t she lovely?

50sGuy on July 31, 2012 at 10:17 PM

No Wall Street executive said that to her. She either made that up or she misheard a Wall Street executive say, “I want to support your campaign because you will save cronyism.”

Dusty on July 31, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Elizabeth the Two-Headed Snake speaks with
Progressively Forked-Tongue!!!

canopfor on July 31, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Such a stupid c*nt.

DevilsPrinciple on July 31, 2012 at 10:18 PM

liberals will say anything to get elected…

burserker on July 31, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Elizabeth ‘Silly Rabbit’ Warren.

Amazing how often our “intellectual superiors” need to explain, clarify, put-in-proper-context or rectify their message.

Oh well, just more proof of how dumb we rubes really are I guess.

RavingLunatic on July 31, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Am I racissss if I barked like a seal over Flora Duh’s comment? Oops.

di butler on July 31, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Dont be shy liz, give us your best rain dance.

the_nile on July 31, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Ya know,I bet Warrens supporters are probably giddy,and think,
that she is playing Wall street and the Media like fiddles,and
is going to win this thing!!

Democrat DeLusionists for Warren!!

canopfor on July 31, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Well, that is one campaign promise he kept. He just didn’t mention the new type was communism. We should have asked.

Night Owl on July 31, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Ya think, Princess Little Big Liar?

Squaw Nose On – Squaw Nose Off

Resist We Much on July 31, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Am I racissss if I barked like a seal over Flora Duh’s comment? Oops.

di butler on July 31, 2012 at 10:19 PM

di butler:Er….Er….Er…Lol!:)

canopfor on July 31, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Am I racissss if I barked like a seal over Flora Duh’s comment? Oops.

di butler on July 31, 2012 at 10:19 PM

I snorted.

Night Owl on July 31, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Faux: I better walk this back before I have to admit I made it up.

The Rogue Tomato on July 31, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Don’t forget…

… There are +40 million illegal aliens in this Country that have been told to vote “Democrat” by their handlers who will put people like this in power.

Have a nice evening…

Seven Percent Solution on July 31, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Warren: Why don’t you dive back down into the hole you crawled out of…

Scrumpy on July 31, 2012 at 10:25 PM

We’ve got a long fight ahead of us…

To blatantly come out sayin’ that we didn’t build that…
And get cheers…

Electrongod on July 31, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Ya think, Princess Little Big Liar?

Squaw Nose On – Squaw Nose Off

Resist We Much on July 31, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Now that’s funny! Good one!

50sGuy on July 31, 2012 at 10:26 PM

How does Scott Brown manage not to pull ahead ??

KenInIL on July 31, 2012 at 10:16 PM

We are talking about Massachusetts here. You’re from Illinois. You should understand.

Bitter Clinger on July 31, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Well of course she can’t save capitalism all by herself. Somewhere along the line she’s going to need help. A Mass. electorate with a clue, for example.

Barnestormer on July 31, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Reagan Vs. Obama – Social Economics 101

Glad she agrees, she’s silly.

We’ve finally come to the point that unabashed collectivism is the motivation of main stream political campaigns.

Imagine if Karl Marx wins.

Speakup on July 31, 2012 at 10:26 PM

If this woman wins, then Massachusetts is officially the hairy stinking moral armpit of America.

RBMN on July 31, 2012 at 10:30 PM

So she didn’t build capitalism, apparently.

Good Lt on July 31, 2012 at 10:30 PM

I hear Massachusetts is a nice state. I never want to live there.

Philly on July 31, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Both sad and extremely funny at the same time.

TroubledMonkey on July 31, 2012 at 10:32 PM

She meant to say, “I’ll save Custer.”

Bubba Redneck on July 31, 2012 at 10:32 PM

We’re in trouble now. I thought she was the ONE. If she,’s not the one who is destined to save capitalism *cough*, then who is????

kage on July 31, 2012 at 10:34 PM

RBMN on July 31, 2012 at 10:30 PM

Minnesota already took that award with Franken, that state is a dumphole full of morons. Everyone who lives there is a moron.

Bishop on July 31, 2012 at 10:34 PM

The only thing we can count on Crockagawea saving is affirmative action.

Transpo on July 31, 2012 at 10:34 PM

So she’s an Indian Giver?

Flora Duh on July 31, 2012 at 10:13 PM

That comment is a masterpiece. :)

Axe on July 31, 2012 at 10:34 PM

how you say “smug” in Cherokee?

ted c on July 31, 2012 at 10:35 PM

It’s soooooo…… confusing.

I’d like for Princess Pudding Face to explain why Cherokees are Marxists.

Cody1991 on July 31, 2012 at 10:39 PM

When people tell me they think I’ll save capitalism, I just keep it to myself, I don’t go around bragging about it.

Night Owl on July 31, 2012 at 10:40 PM

She couldn’t have waited until November to learn that lesson?

JohnGalt23 on July 31, 2012 at 10:40 PM

So she’s an Indian Giver?

Flora Duh on July 31, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Fractionally.

Barnestormer on July 31, 2012 at 10:42 PM

What’s really scary is the possibility (however unlikely) that her latest story might actually be TRUE.

People like this spend their whole lives surrounded by sycophantic lobbyists, blowing a constant stream of sunshine up their asses in their constant quest for dispensation.

And, sadly, the kind of people who do what she does are precisely the kind of pathological narcissist it takes to actually BELIEVE that they’re some weird kind of Godlike beings.

As crazy as it sounds, Warren probably does sincerely believe that her brand of economic Fascism will “save” free enterprise from itself… the same way Nancy Pelosi honest-to-God thinks that radically atheistic and aggressively amoral Communism will rescue Christianity — from all those evil heterosexuals who haven’t yet been exorcised from its ranks.

logis on July 31, 2012 at 10:42 PM

She has a really strange idea of what capitalism is, eh?

Whatever. We already know if her lips are moving she’s lying like a rug. Probably when she thinks too, if she does think that is.

Wolfmoon on July 31, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Elizabeth Warren is a self-aggrandizing twit and a threat to our Republic.

rayra on July 31, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Oh? Darn! The entire capitalism driven free-market economy was relying on her! WUT DO?

If she’s not saving capitalism then — who is?!

FlatFoot on July 31, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Well, of course, Cheeks. And what use does Massachusetts have for free-market capitalism? Good grief! You have the Massachusetts poor to think of. And the massive Massachusetts unemployed block to think of. Who has time for economic growth? Or productivity? Clearly all we need to do is raise taxes on the rich and continue to print dollars 24/7/365. That’s the solution. And of course, Cheeks will be the first Massachusetts citizen to “give it up” for income equality. Right?

minnesoter on July 31, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Good thing she’s not using Obama’s old campaign slogan: ‘Judgement To Lead’.

SpiderMike on July 31, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Say, that whole fake Cherokee identity scam was kind of silly and over the top too, huh.

Kenosha Kid on July 31, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Heap Funny.

Del Dolemonte on July 31, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Heads: “I’ll Save Capitalism”
Tails: “You Didn’t Build That”

PatriotGal2257 on July 31, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Actually she comes up Tales every time. Fairy Tales.

BKennedy on July 31, 2012 at 10:59 PM

This is the best thread in a long time…you all have me laughing out loud!

Thanks!

LaRepublican on July 31, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Ever notice that she has high cheeckbones…….?

Tim_CA on July 31, 2012 at 11:03 PM

This woman steps in it every time she opens her mouth.Channeling Joe Biden!

jeffinsjvca on July 31, 2012 at 11:03 PM

I’m just struck – in the way that The Great O is often struck – by the way these clowns continue to come out and talk about how it is they who will save capitalism, they who will save Big Bird and Grandma from evil corporate pillagers, they who will magically reconfigure the entire cost structure of the health care industry while simultaneously insuring the entire nation and even with a net reduction in deficit but without infringing on liberty at all, they who heal the earth and recede the oceans by the mere act of being nominated, but if Obama is called out for his comments which are clearly dismissive of hard work and ingenuity as contributing to the success of business, then we’re the ones that are “over our skis”.

The Schaef on July 31, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Wow, sorry for the language, but it is f’ing scary that this clown and her a$$-hat captain clown Biden actually have supporters that are not family members.

uber-con on July 31, 2012 at 11:10 PM

“…if Obama is called out for his comments which are clearly dismissive of hard work and ingenuity as contributing to the success of business, then we’re the ones that are “over our skis”.

The Schaef on July 31, 2012 at 11:05 PM

You forget: Obama and his fellow class warriors and redistributionists “punch above their weight.”

Resist We Much on July 31, 2012 at 11:10 PM

I’ll never cross east of the Mississippi ever again. I am part Cherokee. And this woman can kiss my arse. I guess I’m 1/16. Guess that makes me white, I just tan well. No gubmint check.

Is 1/16 enough for reparations? Pay me.

I don’t pay undue attention to this heritage. I’m American. That’s my heritage.

wolly4321 on July 31, 2012 at 11:12 PM

So when’s the next pow-wow Lizzie?

GarandFan on July 31, 2012 at 11:18 PM

…so she’s going to be the first capitalistic cheekboned… C R A C K HEAD to speak at the Democrat Convention!

KOOLAID2 on July 31, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Warren: I was against capitalism before I was for it, before I was against it. I was for socialism before I was against it, before I was for it.

Where have we heard this before? From another Mass. Senator?

Steve Z on July 31, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Dear AP: Why do we have to suffer through an Obama ad before seeing the video of Thin-Skin Lizzie?

Steve Z on July 31, 2012 at 11:38 PM

They didn’t just promise to “rein in” spending…
They took back the House in 2006 promising NO NEW DEFICIT SPENDING.

Here is what Nancy Pelosi and the Democrats promised in 2006 in order to win the 2006 elections and control of Congress:

Over the past decade, the Republican controlled Congress took our nation in the wrong direction. Too many Americans are paying a heavy price for those wrong choices: record costs for energy, health care and education; jobs shipped overseas; and budgets that heap record debt on our children. For millions, the middle-class dream has been replaced by a middle-class squeeze…

Democrats are proposing a New Direction for America…

With integrity, civility and fiscal discipline, our New Direction for America will use commonsense principles to address the aspirations and fulfill the hopes and dreams of all Americans. That is our promise to the American people….

Our federal budget should be a statement of our national values. One of those values is responsibility. Democrats are committed to ending years of irresponsible budget policies that have produced historic deficits. Instead of piling trillions of dollars of debt onto our children and grandchildren, we will restore “Pay As You Go” budget discipline.

Budget discipline has been abandoned by the Bush Administration and its Republican congressional majorities. Congress under Republican control has turned a projected $5.6 trillion 10-year surplus at the end of the Clinton years into a nearly $3 trillion deficit– including the four worst deficits in the history of America. The nation’s debt ceiling has been raised four times in just five years to more than $8.9 trillion. Nearly half of our nation’s record debt is owned by foreign countries including China and Japan. Without a return to fiscal discipline, the foreign countries that make our computers, our clothing and our toys will soon be making our foreign policy. Deficit spending is not just a fiscal problem – it’s a national security issue as well.

Our New Direction is committed to “Pay As You Go” budgeting – no more deficit spending.

And here is what Nancy Pelosi promised on January 4, 2007 when she became Speaker of the House:

After years of historic deficits, this 110th Congress will commit itself to a higher standard: pay-as-you-go, no new deficit spending. Our new America will provide unlimited opportunity for future generations, not burden them with mountains of debt.

- New Speaker Nancy Pelosi, 01/04/2007

Nancy Pelosi was Speaker of the House from January 4, 2007 to January 3, 2011.
How much new debt was created during Pelosi’s 4 years as Speaker?

Over $5.3 TRILLION!

And how much new debt that has been created since the Democrats took majority control on January 4, 2007?

Over $7 TRILLION!

How did multiple promises of “pay-as-you-go, no new deficit spending” turn into Trillions and Trillions and Trillions and Trillions and Trillions and Trillions and Trillions of NEW debt?

Democrats LIE.

ITguy on July 31, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Ya know,I bet Warrens supporters are probably giddy,and think,
that she is playing Wall street and the Media like fiddles,and
is going to win this thing!!

Democrat DeLusionists for Warren!!

canopfor on July 31, 2012 at 10:20 PM

They might very well be right

ChrisL on August 1, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Socialists often approach me to tell me that they support me because they believe that I will save socialism, because Euro-U.S. welfare-state socialism requires for its basis a robust market economy to fund its operations. I always tell them to go straight to hell.

casuist on August 1, 2012 at 12:22 AM

They might very well be right

Yes, and Wall Street went strong for Obama in ’08. And for TARP. And for the bank bailouts. And for the quantitative easing measures that prop up the stock markets at the expense of the larger economy. I’m not sure that Wall Street is our friend any more.

casuist on August 1, 2012 at 12:24 AM

… in explaining her gaffe, she said, “I misspoke, what I really meant to say was, ‘Wall Street occupiers have told me, ‘I want to support your campaign because you will destroy capitalism”” She apologized to her fellow Cherokees and communists for this unfortunate verbal gaffe.

AZfederalist on August 1, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Just so. We err to the degree that we assume that our ideological adversaries speak or act in bad faith. They don’t. They believe what they say; they believe in what they do.

casuist on August 1, 2012 at 12:27 AM

uber-con on July 31, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Even if it were family members supporting her, that would be scary. In most cases with rational families, family members would quietly bundle her off to the home where she could be helped and not cause anyone any harm.

AZfederalist on August 1, 2012 at 12:35 AM

casuist on August 1, 2012 at 12:27 AM

I’m not so sure that both your points are correct. They do believe in what they do, however, they do not necessarily believe what they say. For them, it is critical that they ascend to power; they will say whatever it takes to get there and if a lie is better than the truth, they will use it. To statists, their aim is to control because, in their minds, they have a superior knowledge of the world and how is should operate and that they need to be in charge to make sure it operates properly. These types of people view a republic and common elections as a problem and impediment, not as a remarkable system. Therefore, to lie to ascend to power is no shameful act, it is necessary to bypass the stupid system currently in place. Once they have accumulated sufficient power (see, for example Bev Purdue’s remarks), they can start suspending elections in order to solve problems without having to waste time getting approval of their constituents.

AZfederalist on August 1, 2012 at 12:41 AM

It’s like Warren wanted to save capitalism so she could destroy it

Jimbobby on August 1, 2012 at 12:44 AM

“What makes the redwoman red?” Paraphrasing Walt Disney.
(As it turns out in the Peter Pan cartoon, it is anger)

pat on August 1, 2012 at 12:49 AM

It’s the water!! Kennedys, Kerry Barney Frank, Dukakis and now Warren.

Sticky Wicket on August 1, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Yeah, it was probably silly of me to make this bouncy stuff up, but I did.

Cuz, I can.

So, I do.

98ZJUSMC on August 1, 2012 at 2:01 AM

She really is a blithering idiot.

The Count on July 31, 2012 at 10:13 PM

The mind reels that people actually vote for this kind of thing.

It’s………man….

(words are failing me, damn them)

98ZJUSMC on August 1, 2012 at 2:04 AM

Noting that there were 99 days left until the election, Obama added: “If I can say that every single day for the next 99 days, then we will be able to embark on the next phase of this journey.”

For any thinking American, this is the stuff of nightmares.

Pull the lever for (R), please please PLEASE.

Even if you’re not crazy about Romney, just think what a 2nd term Obarmy presidency would look like. Ojugears without the politics is a scary thing to me. I’m not really into the Marxism/Communism Shazizzle.

Save our nation and disinfect Congress.

The R party machine is disappointing at times, but look at the alternative.

I beg you. Please vote for Mitt Romney and PLEASE vote for your Republican Senate candidate. It is crucial.

Of course, it goes without saying, hopefully, that this will include pulling the trigger for your (R) Representative as well.

The stakes couldn’t be higher.

hillbillyjim on August 1, 2012 at 3:09 AM

“Please” Dems – Continue to allow Ms Liz and Ms Deb CONTINUE to speak for you……………

Panentheist on August 1, 2012 at 3:34 AM

Panentheist on August 1, 2012 at 3:34 AM

Badda bing.

hillbillyjim on August 1, 2012 at 4:01 AM

I must’ve missed an open reg. If so, welcome all. I don’t get in here like I used to, but I still keep up. Come on in, and have fun; most of all, let’s get our nation back.

Greetings and salutations and all of that other fun shix/

————————————-Catch me later,

————————————————————-hillbillyjim

hillbillyjim on August 1, 2012 at 4:05 AM

Maybe you missed her intractable claim to Indian heritage?

Don L on August 1, 2012 at 5:15 AM

Over the top? Could that possibly be a racist (taking scalps) remark?

Don L on August 1, 2012 at 5:17 AM

I think her comments are off the reservation

malkinmania on August 1, 2012 at 6:51 AM

I find this woman to be just plain ODD. She spews forth the usual liberal propaganda but there’s something about her that just isn’t right.

trish333 on August 1, 2012 at 7:03 AM

Elizabeth Warren – Not ready for Prime time… unless it is at the DNC!

The Democratic Convention is promising to be a clown show without rival this time around.

ajacksonian on August 1, 2012 at 7:42 AM

If you look at that picture of her, you’ll see a tear running down her cheek- because America is polluting the Communist Utopia.

justltl on August 1, 2012 at 7:45 AM

Whew! Why is this woman even in the race?

albill on August 1, 2012 at 7:52 AM

Why is this woman even in the race?

albill on August 1, 2012 at 7:52 AM

Because she was too much of a communist to get confirmed by the Senate for a job created specifically for her.

The sad part is that she’s well within the ideological norm for the communists of the Bay State. They deserve this vile woman.

Happy Nomad on August 1, 2012 at 8:15 AM

Do I have any hope for Mass. Sen. Brown?

Uhhh, may I introduce you to Connecticut Sen. Richard Blumenthal.

Sen. Dick is hoping Warren gets elected as he hates being thought of as the most clueless U.S. Senator. Evah.

BigAlSouth on August 1, 2012 at 8:18 AM

That this Phoney Baloney from Muskogee represents the best and brightest Democrats offer these days it should be obvious to even the rank-and-file Ds that their party is in steep decline. I bet Good Morning America and suchlike trash TV don’t give her or Little Debbie much exposure or your average habitual Dems would see it for themselves. Good people, by-and-large, but they’re unaware that they are being taken for a Marxist ride. You might call them the “Boiled Frog Democrats.” It would be up to the RNC to put Warren in the proper frame, for both the local race and to let it bleed out nationally. You don’t even need to call her a Commie. Forked-Tongue Harvard Ivory Tower Affirmative Action Scammer Blockhead should do it, and go a long way to neutralize the deep-seated anti-Fat Cat strain in your average working-stiff hereditary Democrat. Alas. The GOP go for the jugular? Not holding breath.

curved space on August 1, 2012 at 8:25 AM

I don’t get it. Granny is obviously nuts, and anytime I read an online article about her the comments section is pretty harsh. Yet polls usually show her tied with or ahead of Brown.

How is this possible? Who the heck in my state is planning on voting for her?!?

J.H. on August 1, 2012 at 9:01 AM

Who the heck in my state is planning on voting for her?!?

J.H. on August 1, 2012 at 9:01 AM

I’ll take dead people for $200, Alex . . .

BigAlSouth on August 1, 2012 at 9:13 AM