Quotes of the day

posted at 9:31 pm on July 29, 2012 by Allahpundit

A top Mitt Romney foreign policy aide on Sunday said the GOP presidential candidate would back an Israeli military strike on Iran to prevent Tehran from developing nuclear weapons.

“If Israel has to take action on its own, in order to stop Iran from developing that capability, the governor would respect that decision,” said Romney adviser on Middle East affairs Dan Senor in a briefing with reporters, according to media reports.

***

Mitt Romney on Sunday declared Jerusalem to be the capital of Israel and said he would seek to move the U.S. embassy there from Tel Aviv as president if the Israeli government ascents.

“A nation has the capacity to choose its own capital city, and Jerusalem is Israel’s capital,” the presumptive Republican presidential nominee said in an interview on CNN, conducted in Jerusalem. “I think it’s long been the policy to ultimately have our embassy in the nation’s capital of Jerusalem.”…

“I would follow the same policy we have had in the past, our embassy would be in the capital, and the timing of that is something I would want to work out with the government,” Romney said.

***

While traveling in Israel on a foreign policy “listening tour,” Mitt Romney said he’s not a foreign policy wimp, which is how he’s depicted on the latest cover of Newsweek.

“If I worried about what the media said I wouldn’t get much sleep, and I sleep pretty well,” Romney told CBS News’ Jan Crawford during an interview Sunday in Jerusalem…

Crawford asked Romney about his campaign which has focused on the former Mass. governor and Bain Capital founder’s business experience. “Would you say that foreign policy is the area where you’re weakest?” she asked. Romney invoked another former governor-turned-president, Ronald Reagan, as a model.

“I would say that foreign policy is a place where intelligence, resolve, clarity and confidence in cause is of extraordinary importance,” he said. “Ronald Reagan was one of our great foreign policy presidents. He did not come from the Senate, he did not come from the foreign policy world; he was a governor. But his resolve, his clarity of purpose, his intelligence, his capacity to deal with complex issues and solve tough problems served him extremely well.

***

An Israeli newspaper reported Sunday that the Obama administration’s top security official has briefed Israel on U.S. plans for a possible attack on Iran, seeking to reassure it that Washington is prepared to act militarily should diplomacy and sanctions fail to pressure Tehran to abandon its nuclear enrichment program.

A senior Israeli official, speaking on condition of anonymity to discuss confidential talks, said the article in the Haaretz daily was incorrect.

Haaretz said National Security Adviser Tom Donilon laid out the plans before Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu during a dinner at a visit to Israel earlier this month. It cited an unidentified senior American official as the source of its report, which came out as presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney was telling Israel he would back an Israeli military strike against Iran.

***

But Romney would face several critical challenges in a conflict with Iran that Obama would not:

– Romney would be a new president in 2013, which could plausibly be the year for a preventive attack. He will be inexperienced, and his national security team will be new and potentially inexperienced as well. The learning curve on Iran is steep, and the Iranian regime knows it. The Obama team is deeply knowledgeable, appropriately cynical about Iranian intentions, and has had the time and confidence to make course corrections.

– Romney, by all accounts, is uninterested in inheriting the mantle of President George W. Bush, who invaded two Muslim countries and lost popularity and credibility as a result. Romney, despite his rhetoric, is more of a pragmatist than Bush, and far more cautious. An attack on Iran is an incautious act, one that even Bush rejected.

– The unilateral use of force in the Middle East for a liberal Democrat like Obama is a credential; for a conservative Republican like Romney, it could be an albatross. I argued in a previous column that Romney is more likely than Obama to oversee a revitalized Middle East peace process. That’s because conservatives are better positioned to make peace; liberals are generally better positioned to launch preventive strikes at the nuclear programs of rogue nations. We know that U.S. voters, and world leaders, allow Obama extraordinary leeway when it comes to deadly drone strikes, precisely because of his politics, character and background. (We are talking about a man, after all, who won the Nobel Peace Prize while ordering the automated killing of suspected Muslim terrorists around the world.) Romney will get no comparative slack.

– Obama has done a superior job of building an international sanctions coalition against Iran. He has even received some cooperation from China and Russia.

***

I believe that the enduring alliance between the State of Israel and the United States of America is more than a strategic alliance: it is a force for good in the world. America’s support of Israel should make every American proud. We should not allow the inevitable complexities of modern geopolitics to obscure fundamental touchstones. No country or organization or individual should ever doubt this basic truth: A free and strong America will always stand with a free and strong Israel.

And standing by Israel does not mean with military and intelligence cooperation alone.

We cannot stand silent as those who seek to undermine Israel, voice their criticisms. And we certainly should not join in that criticism. Diplomatic distance in public between our nations emboldens Israel’s adversaries.

By history and by conviction, our two countries are bound together. No individual, no nation, no world organization, will pry us apart.

***

[I]f the Republican left little doubt about his ardor for Netanyahu, the prime minister was glad to return the favor.

Despite recently telling Vanity Fair that he didn’t know Romney well, Netanyahu seemed to be auditioning for a future diplomatic buddy pic.

“We’ve known each other for many decades, since you were a young man, but for some reason, you still look young,” he said, prompting a laugh from Romney. “You’ve been a personal friend of mine and a strong friend of the state of Israel, and that’s why it’s a pleasure to welcome you here.”…

The moment was reminscent, if less gushing, of former French President Nicolas Sarkozy all but endorsing Obama four years ago when the then-senator came to Paris during a similar summer foreign tour.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5 6

Bmore on July 30, 2012 at 1:49 AM

You needn’t worry. You’re original enough that I’d certainly have remembered you!

thatsafactjack on July 30, 2012 at 2:01 AM

Mitt looks VERY presidential with Bebe…

Khun Joe on July 30, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Evening Allah…

Palin threads always seem to just go and go…insanely!

SparkPlug on July 30, 2012 at 1:58 AM

Yeah creepy scary… hence the Deep Purple song Demon Eye! Great song tho…

Scrumpy on July 30, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Good evening folks. That Palin thread is insanity.

AllahsNippleHair on July 30, 2012 at 1:57 AM

They eventually all turn out that way. I used to wonder why.

a capella on July 30, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Good evening folks. That Palin thread is insanity.

AllahsNippleHair on July 30, 2012 at 1:57 AM

Those folks no how to have a good time over there don’t they? / LOL!

Bmore on July 30, 2012 at 2:05 AM

The Palin thread is a train wreck. I’ve been lurking there for hours…

OmahaConservative on July 30, 2012 at 2:05 AM

What if they had fired off a nuke or two?

Bmore on July 30, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Excellent ???..:)

Dire Straits on July 30, 2012 at 2:05 AM

OmahaConservative on July 30, 2012 at 2:05 AM

+ 100..:):)

Dire Straits on July 30, 2012 at 2:06 AM

thatsafactjack on July 30, 2012 at 2:01 AM

Thank you, I think ; ) My memory is not so good anymore I’m sad to report. ; )

Bmore on July 30, 2012 at 2:07 AM

Excellent ???..:)

Dire Straits on July 30, 2012 at 2:05 AM

Yeah, we could call it, The Good Times With Paki Nukes Show. Of course we would have to come up with a tune for the theme song. Say…….

Bmore on July 30, 2012 at 2:08 AM

Bmore on July 30, 2012 at 2:08 AM

You made /mke a good point my frend!..:)

Dire Straits on July 30, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Mitt looks VERY presidential with Bebe…

Khun Joe on July 30, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Nice suit.

FloatingRock on July 30, 2012 at 2:12 AM

Bmore on July 30, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Excellent !!!..:)

Dire Straits on July 30, 2012 at 2:05 AM

Fixed..Sorry..:)

Dire Straits on July 30, 2012 at 2:13 AM

I sent a tune in for em over there. They needed it for morale purposes. LOL!

Bmore on July 30, 2012 at 2:14 AM

Bmore on July 30, 2012 at 2:07 AM

You seem to do very well. I’ve seen you spin tunes.

That “MOON NIGHT” that you initiated in Dire’s absence was inspired. I had trouble finding anything of substance to add.

thatsafactjack on July 30, 2012 at 2:15 AM

I thought it was a sure fire winner for that thread.

Bmore on July 30, 2012 at 2:15 AM

Wonder if anyone is calling in sick to work over the Palin thread?

OmahaConservative on July 30, 2012 at 2:16 AM

Evening Allah…

Palin threads always seem to just go and go…insanely!

SparkPlug on July 30, 2012 at 1:58 AM

Yeah creepy scary… hence the Deep Purple song Demon Eye! Great song tho…

Scrumpy on July 30, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Good evening folks. That Palin thread is insanity.

AllahsNippleHair on July 30, 2012 at 1:57 AM

They eventually all turn out that way. I used to wonder why.

a capella on July 30, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Good evening folks. That Palin thread is insanity.

AllahsNippleHair on July 30, 2012 at 1:57 AM

Those folks no how to have a good time over there don’t they? / LOL!

Bmore on July 30, 2012 at 2:05 AM

I’m telling you, I am highly disappointed that Darth allowed the media to pull his britches down like that.
No need for it, other than for the media to use it against us conservative types.

AllahsNippleHair on July 30, 2012 at 2:17 AM

thatsafactjack on July 30, 2012 at 2:15 AM

Dire and I did a guitar night one Saturday Evening. Good Times! Wasn’t Dire. ; )

Bmore on July 30, 2012 at 2:17 AM

OmahaConservative on July 30, 2012 at 2:16 AM

lolz..No i don’t think so!..:)

Dire Straits on July 30, 2012 at 2:19 AM

Bmore on July 30, 2012 at 2:17 AM

WHAT?

thatsafactjack on July 30, 2012 at 2:19 AM

AllahsNippleHair on July 30, 2012 at 2:17 AM

It reeked of unsavory decision making. Cheney should know better. So why the heII did he let them snooker him. Or was he not snookered at all. Bad optics either way. Down twinkles.

Bmore on July 30, 2012 at 2:19 AM

Stupid people refusing to vote for Romney to stop Maobama or thinking that we can just use gridlock to stop Maobama really
p!sses me off!

LevinFan on July 30, 2012 at 2:20 AM

Bmore on July 30, 2012 at 2:17 AM

It is always good times with you friend..:):)

Dire Straits on July 30, 2012 at 2:21 AM

LevinFan on July 30, 2012 at 2:20 AM

Yep. That’s why I am lurking, trying to keep my BP down…

OmahaConservative on July 30, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Howdy all
I tired so I just popped in to say hello…….then I’m out…….;-D. Goodnight all…….

B
check your mail……….

angrymike on July 30, 2012 at 2:25 AM

WHAT?

thatsafactjack on July 30, 2012 at 2:19 AM

You seem to do very well. I’ve seen you spin tunes.

thatsafactjack on July 30, 2012 at 2:15 AM

Sorry thatsafactjack, I was a little distracted. One Saturday Dire and I had guitar night. It was a riot. We both thought we were gonna get banned. Both of us checking the inboxes of our email between tunes. Good times! I was just reminiscing.

Bmore on July 30, 2012 at 2:25 AM

Yep. That’s why I am lurking, trying to keep my BP down…

OmahaConservative on July 30, 2012 at 2:22 AM

And that’s why I stopped responding to Sinking Stone, it’s pointless with that paulbot.

LevinFan on July 30, 2012 at 2:26 AM

LevinFan on July 30, 2012 at 2:20 AM

Hang in there!..:)

Dire Straits on July 30, 2012 at 2:26 AM

B
check your mail……….

angrymike on July 30, 2012 at 2:25 AM

Alright Brother, sleep well. ; )

Bmore on July 30, 2012 at 2:26 AM

AllahsNippleHair on July 30, 2012 at 2:17 AM

Just enough to upset… and for us to go at each other like mad things! Makes me wonder about pols in general. I have always and will always say that they speak before they think, and the utterances are just gar bage…

Why now? Makes no sense to me…

Scrumpy on July 30, 2012 at 2:28 AM

AllahsNippleHair on July 30, 2012 at 2:17 AM

I agree. No need for it. At least Liz did some damage control by disagreeing with Darth.

SparkPlug on July 30, 2012 at 2:28 AM

LevinFan on July 30, 2012 at 2:26 AM

Oh yeah. Got that one on my ignore list…

OmahaConservative on July 30, 2012 at 2:29 AM

Scrumpy on July 30, 2012 at 2:28 AM

Exactly, why now. Makes no sense unless…

SparkPlug on July 30, 2012 at 2:30 AM

AllahsNippleHair on July 30, 2012 at 2:17 AM

Why now? Makes no sense to me…

Scrumpy on July 30, 2012 at 2:28 AM

There is a war, the establishment is slowly going extinct. But, we don’t need to drag it out in front of both enemies.
It makes no sense. None at all.

AllahsNippleHair on July 30, 2012 at 2:31 AM

AllahsNippleHair on July 30, 2012 at 2:17 AM

Why now? Makes no sense to me…

Scrumpy on July 30, 2012 at 2:28 AM

It sure will be fun to hear what Levin says about it.

He already put out a statement basically saying Cheney’s comments out help the liberals and it’s hypocritcal coming from a guy whose administration went crazy on domestic programs just like Nixon did.

LevinFan on July 30, 2012 at 2:32 AM

AllahsNippleHair on July 30, 2012 at 2:17 AM

SparkPlug on July 30, 2012 at 2:28 AM

The only thing I can figure is that Darth has nothing to lose. He can say what he thinks. But, his thinking is old school. This is a different enemy than in his time.

AllahsNippleHair on July 30, 2012 at 2:32 AM

It is always good times with you friend..:):)

Dire Straits on July 30, 2012 at 2:21 AM

Spunky! ; )

Bmore on July 30, 2012 at 2:33 AM

Why now? Makes no sense to me…

Scrumpy on July 30, 2012 at 2:28 AM

Bad timing to say the least.

Bmore on July 30, 2012 at 2:34 AM

The convention is coming up…that maybe why Darth lowered the boom.

The GOP will betray you.

SparkPlug on July 30, 2012 at 2:35 AM

p!sses me off!

LevinFan on July 30, 2012 at 2:20 AM

No worries, we’re gonna beat 0 like the rented mule he is. We are going to do it with Romney and then we will start to straighten all this crap out.

Bmore on July 30, 2012 at 2:36 AM

AllahsNippleHair on July 30, 2012 at 2:32 AM

What do you mean by nothing to lose?

What did he gain by doing so? Brownie points and a pat on the back from the GOPe.

Do you think Darth is smart enough to realize how bad he effed up? He should keep his mouth shut until after the election.

LevinFan on July 30, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Maobama

LevinFan on July 30, 2012 at 2:20 AM

Maubama? Come on, he isn’t Mau, Mau murdered like 30 million people. You are just engaging in a variation of Goodwin’s law. You are basically doing the same thing the left did when they said, “a vote for anybody but Obama is a vote for Bushitler!”.

FloatingRock on July 30, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Bmore on July 30, 2012 at 2:36 AM

I hope so!

Pretty nervous though that it’s so close when it has no business being close at all.

Means we all can do more and need to do everything we can to support ROmney to defeat Maobama.

LevinFan on July 30, 2012 at 2:38 AM

If Obama, who copied Obamacare from Romney, should be called Maubama, what does that make Romney? Mussomney?

FloatingRock on July 30, 2012 at 2:38 AM

FYI:

I’m not responding to nutjob conspiracy theorists in this thread.

LevinFan on July 30, 2012 at 2:39 AM

It makes no sense. None at all.

AllahsNippleHair on July 30, 2012 at 2:31 AM

Oh there is a war alright… We all know what is wrong and right with Mitt, I don’t care for him much, but what option do we have?

The only thing I know is; should O get another term we are toast!

I do not look forward to another 4 years of him.

Therefore, we have Mitt, and it IS up to ALL of us, as elections come around to ENSURE we put in office the ones who would benefit Conservatives the most!

We can’t affect things any other way, it’s a long slow process…

We can but hope and pray that Mitt isn’t all talk and no action… tho he can’t do much by himself…without backing…

Scrumpy on July 30, 2012 at 2:39 AM

AllahsNippleHair on July 30, 2012 at 2:32 AM

I suspect now that he’s had time to reflect on the damage, he’ll make himself scarce for any more interviews. At least, I hope so.

a capella on July 30, 2012 at 2:40 AM

FloatingRock on July 30, 2012 at 2:36 AM

FloatingRock, the only thing that matters right now is to rid the land of 0. If we don’t do that, the land is likely lost. Call it over the top rhetoric if you like. But its either get on board time or sit on the tracks and cry what might have been. Do what you have to do for you. As for me I’m gonna give it one last ditch effort settle on Romney and rid the Country of 0. The rest of this bs is just shiny things.

Bmore on July 30, 2012 at 2:41 AM

p!sses me off!

LevinFan on July 30, 2012 at 2:20 AM

I used to be a big Mark Levin fan for several years starting about the time I signed up here at HotAir and back at the time he claimed to oppose corporatism. Obviously he didn’t mean it.

FloatingRock on July 30, 2012 at 2:43 AM

The rest of this bs is just shiny things.

Bmore on July 30, 2012 at 2:41 AM

That is all it is, distractions…

Sometimes some people say the darndest things just to irk the ire!

I will not allow my ire to be irked…

Scrumpy on July 30, 2012 at 2:45 AM

AllahsNippleHair on July 30, 2012 at 2:32 AM

What do you mean by nothing to lose?

LevinFan on July 30, 2012 at 2:36 AM

Like all politicians, they’re always looking for the next reelection. Darth is done. Finished. Yes, he knowingly got back doored by the msm.
Palin is running for nothing. She’s a lightening rod, so he unloaded on her. No reason for it.

AllahsNippleHair on July 30, 2012 at 2:46 AM

FloatingRock on July 30, 2012 at 2:43 AM

I used to be a fan of you, until I realized you exist.

Rusty Allen on July 30, 2012 at 2:47 AM

I will not allow my ire to be irked…

Scrumpy on July 30, 2012 at 2:45 AM

Scrumpy good on you. I knew there was a good reason I was smitten with you the first time we met. ; )

Bmore on July 30, 2012 at 2:47 AM

FloatingRock, the only thing that matters right now is to rid the land of 0.

Bmore on July 30, 2012 at 2:41 AM

No, that’s not the only thing that matters, what ever gave you that absurd notion, are you a little kid who thinks this is some sort of game? What matters is our lives, liberty and our happiness. We need to save America and regain our freedom from people like Obama and Romney and insider traders like our Congress who have been systematically stripping it away.

Getting rid of creeps like Obama and Romney is only the first step, not an end unto itself. We have to get rid of all the crooks and cronies in our government, or as many as we can, and save America, not play partisan politics while Rome burns and our nations youth are irrevocably sold into slavery to other peoples debt.

Gary Johnson is the non-partisan choice, the American choice. Obama and Romney represent the European far left and far right. Screw them, vote for the most qualified candidate, the only successful governor running for President, Gary Johnson.

FloatingRock on July 30, 2012 at 2:49 AM

It makes no sense. None at all.

AllahsNippleHair on July 30, 2012 at 2:31 AM

The only thing I know is; should O get another term we are toast!

I do not look forward to another 4 years of him.

We can’t affect things any other way, it’s a long slow process…

Scrumpy on July 30, 2012 at 2:39 AM

He wasn’t my choice. But, I will do everything I can to see him elected in November. We need to oust the commits, Marxist, socialist, class warfare warrior before it’s too late.
Any vote not for Romney is for the commie in the WH.

AllahsNippleHair on July 30, 2012 at 2:49 AM

I’ve got to start wrapping it up and getting to bed soon…

OmahaConservative on July 30, 2012 at 2:50 AM

Hellfire, I must of confused thatsafactjack did she split? Sorry.

Bmore on July 30, 2012 at 2:50 AM

Sometimes… is really best to just keep walking. I don’t engage people who are unrealistic and determined to be nasty.

thatsafactjack on July 30, 2012 at 2:50 AM

FloatingRock on July 30, 2012 at 2:49 AM

Gary Johnson is a f*ck up hack.

AllahsNippleHair on July 30, 2012 at 2:51 AM

FloatingRock on July 30, 2012 at 2:49 AM

Fine.

Bmore on July 30, 2012 at 2:51 AM

Any vote not for Romney is for the commie in the WH.

AllahsNippleHair on July 30, 2012 at 2:49 AM

At least you know your politics even iff your music sucks!

LevinFan on July 30, 2012 at 2:53 AM

thatsafactjack on July 30, 2012 at 2:50 AM

I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to come off nasty. I had two emails two threads going etc. two to many things going at once I reckon. Here, you like Zep, Let me load you a tune.

Bmore on July 30, 2012 at 2:55 AM

Bmore on July 30, 2012 at 2:50 AM

NO! You didn’t confuse me. I didn’t leave… yet. That last post was regarding engaging the RONULAN.

I heard all of those arguments… without the personal smears directed at Romney… from Ron Paul during the primary… and .. like the majority of the GOP electorate.. I rejected them. Romney is the presumptive nominee…and like you…I want to see him succeed.

thatsafactjack on July 30, 2012 at 2:55 AM

Any vote not for Romney is for the commie in the WH.

AllahsNippleHair on July 30, 2012 at 2:49 AM

At least you know your politics even iff your music sucks!

LevinFan on July 30, 2012 at 2:53 AM

I knew you couldn’t help yourself, that weakness for bad music you have. I actually thought of our conversationalist night. I was loading another iPod and I had my Godsmack cd right next to my Alice in Chains cd. Godsmack was above. I had to change that toot sweet. And I laughed.
:-)

AllahsNippleHair on July 30, 2012 at 2:56 AM

Bmore on July 30, 2012 at 2:55 AM

No problem at all, B. That post was regarding the endless bore.. AKA… Floating Rock.

thatsafactjack on July 30, 2012 at 2:58 AM

Scrumpy good on you.

Bmore on July 30, 2012 at 2:47 AM

Thanks :-)…

Any vote not for Romney is for the commie in the WH.

AllahsNippleHair on July 30, 2012 at 2:49 AM

Exactly…

Gonna seek a tune to close out the nite! Brb…

Scrumpy on July 30, 2012 at 2:59 AM

I want to see him succeed.

thatsafactjack on July 30, 2012 at 2:55 AM

Good, glad I didn’t alienate you too. Seems I’ve been doing a bit of that lately. LOL! I guess I cued up that tune for you for nothing huh? Still a nice tune though. Never a bad time to play Zep. Matter of fact if memory serves Dire and I had an all Zep night here once. Or mostly all Zep. Like I said earlier, at least I think I said earlier, the memory she’s a going. ; )

Bmore on July 30, 2012 at 3:01 AM

Bmore on July 30, 2012 at 3:01 AM

Zep is always right and I enjoyed it, too! You’ve done nothing to alienate me at all. You’ve been very gracious.

I am going to bid you good night, though. Its been a pleasure, as always. See you soon, B. Sleep well.

thatsafactjack on July 30, 2012 at 3:06 AM

For my tone deaf friend, LevinFan.

AllahsNippleHair on July 30, 2012 at 3:06 AM

Good night all. Its been a pleasure!

thatsafactjack on July 30, 2012 at 3:07 AM

You know what I’ve noticed here at HA lately? There are some folks you just plain ole can’t reason with. I’m moving on. Y’all sit by the freaking tracks and cry if that’s what you’re happy doing. Fine. You’ll do it with out me. I’m a winner! And I like a winner!

Bmore on July 30, 2012 at 3:08 AM

Good Night thatsafactjack, Pleasant Dreams.

Bmore on July 30, 2012 at 3:09 AM

Love this song:

LZ live!! It’s long enjoy folks!!

G’night all…

God bless!!

Scrumpy on July 30, 2012 at 3:10 AM

Night Jack, and up thread, angrymike. Sweet dreams.

AllahsNippleHair on July 30, 2012 at 3:11 AM

Had a nice evening all in all, some laughs, some tears. KWR, sending love your way. xo

Good Night All.

Bmore on July 30, 2012 at 3:12 AM

Nighty night Bmore. A pleasure as always.

Did I miss something on KWR?
I saw she had a rough anniversary a week ago. Sending prayers, one of my fave posters when I used to lurk.

AllahsNippleHair on July 30, 2012 at 3:15 AM

AllahsNippleHair on July 30, 2012 at 3:15 AM

She has lung cancer. Pray for her…

OmahaConservative on July 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM

FloatingRock

Are you mental patients even allowed to vote?

xblade on July 30, 2012 at 3:26 AM

AllahsNippleHair on July 30, 2012 at 3:15 AM

She has lung cancer. Pray for her…

OmahaConservative on July 30, 2012 at 3:20 AM

Oh no. I will pray. She’s had enough sadness. :-(

AllahsNippleHair on July 30, 2012 at 3:27 AM

p!sses me off!

LevinFan

Don’t let them fool you. They’re not voting for Romney because Obama is their guy.

xblade on July 30, 2012 at 3:29 AM

Well, on that note, gonna go say my prayers.
Goodnight all.
Chin up, KWR. You have many here praying and pulling for you.

AllahsNippleHair on July 30, 2012 at 3:29 AM

Awesome and sobering. : 0

listens2glenn on July 29, 2012 at 11:58 PM

..sorry about not getting back to you; I go lost in the shuffle. Thank you for the visit and it’s kinda interesting to see how that type of mission is carried out. They’re brave folks! Betcha Hawkdriver could spin some years.

The War Planner on July 30, 2012 at 3:53 AM

FloatingRock on July 30, 2012 at 2:49 AM

Gary Johnson is a f*ck up hack.

AllahsNippleHair on July 30, 2012 at 2:51 AM

..is this clown still banging that gong, Allah? It grows beyond tedious. Ignore him. Those screeds absolutely ruin QOTD.

The War Planner on July 30, 2012 at 3:58 AM

FloatingRock on July 30, 2012 at 2:38 AM

…blah..blah..blah..blah..blah..blah..whine..cajole..wheedle..argue..pout..eruct..bloviate..blah..blah..blah..blah..tediously opine..etc., etc.

…ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

The War Planner on July 30, 2012 at 4:04 AM

O/T: regarding the Palin Thread: my take.

kingsjester on July 30, 2012 at 6:41 AM

joe, being his usual putzzy self, they’re talking about mitt and israel and right out of the blue, turns to john heilman(sp) and starts to trash palin with the cheney remark…idiot..he truly doesn’t want to lose his job at msdnc

cmsinaz on July 30, 2012 at 6:42 AM

kingsjester on July 30, 2012 at 6:41 AM

excellent take KJ….

cmsinaz on July 30, 2012 at 6:49 AM

cmsinaz on July 30, 2012 at 6:49 AM

Thank you, ma’am!

kingsjester on July 30, 2012 at 6:56 AM

O/T: regarding the Palin Thread: my take.

kingsjester on July 30, 2012 at 6:41 AM

Great post! I agree that it will all come back to bite them.

Night Owl on July 30, 2012 at 6:57 AM

The Palin thread is a train wreck. I’ve been lurking there for hours…

OmahaConservative on July 30, 2012 at 2:05 AM

I avoided the Palin thread..I made one comment and ran away. I get in enough trouble without hanging around over there.

Terrye on July 30, 2012 at 7:00 AM

Well Well Well, cmsinaz!

Let’s see what you’re made of. The obese Tingles Matthews just sat down to the Moaning Joe table and is going to “discuss the star power of Bill Clinton – Barack Obama”.

Think you can handle it???? Not me, I found Olympic stuff being broadcast and would rather watch Korean volleyball against some country I’ve never heard of.

Marcus on July 30, 2012 at 7:01 AM

Night Owl on July 30, 2012 at 6:57 AM

I’ve always wondered why the GOP Elite and our “fiscal Conservatives” (ahem) are trying so hard to alienate the largest political ideology in this country…Conservatives.

kingsjester on July 30, 2012 at 7:01 AM

cmsinaz on July 30, 2012 at 6:42 AM

LOL! JD Hayworth is filling in all this week on my local morning radio show. So far he’s doing a pretty good job.

Night Owl on July 30, 2012 at 7:02 AM

p!sses me off!

LevinFan

xblade on July 30, 2012 at 3:29 AM

I think that is true. Remember, this is the internet…we are not in our living rooms chatting face to face..these people are not always who they say they are. Some of these socalled TruCons and libertarians are actually on the other side.

Of course that could be true about me too. But it is not. Honest.

Terrye on July 30, 2012 at 7:04 AM

Night Owl on July 30, 2012 at 7:02 AM

Ol’ J.D. can talk a stump out of the ground. I’ve heard him before. He does alright.

kingsjester on July 30, 2012 at 7:05 AM

kingsjester on July 30, 2012 at 7:01 AM

Well, I’m not the paranoid type, but I wonder if there is a woman anywhere they would find acceptable as Presidential material. It seems like the bar is much, much higher than it is for men. Hope I’m not starting something here!

Night Owl on July 30, 2012 at 7:06 AM

Marcus on July 30, 2012 at 7:01 AM

tingles is feeling the love for bubba, that is for sure…

cmsinaz on July 30, 2012 at 7:08 AM

Night Owl on July 30, 2012 at 7:02 AM

heh, kfyi?

cmsinaz on July 30, 2012 at 7:09 AM

Night Owl on July 30, 2012 at 7:06 AM

The problem is:

1. Sarah’s a woman.
2. Sarah’s a Christian.
3. Sarah’s a Reagan Conservative.
4. Sarah’s a Beltway Outsider.
5. Sarah tells it like it is.

kingsjester on July 30, 2012 at 7:09 AM