CNN plays “Stupid Girls” bumper over Palin Story

posted at 11:01 am on July 29, 2012 by Jazz Shaw

Coming out of a commercial break at 8:40 AM eastern time today, during Randi Kaye’s shift on CNN, the network “unexpectedly” chose to play the refrain from the song “Stupid Girls” by the pop singer Pink going into a story about former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin. The two word refrain repeated over and over as the camera panned past Ms. Kaye and faded into a picture of Palin visiting a Chic-fil-A restaurant. The host then went on to a fairly stock story about the recent Chic-fil-A brouhaha, including Palin’s visit, with no reference to the introductory tune.

Palin at Chic-fil-A

For the record, it’s my understanding that the hosts of these shows on the 24 hour cable news channels generally have nothing to do with the selection of the bumper music. That’s usually handled by the production staff, and a specific individual is frequently assigned to do nothing but select the musical cuts. CNN can – and probably will – easily say that it was all a coincidence and it might be hard to prove otherwise. (EDIT: See update.)

This is, however, kind of reminiscent of that rapidly exploding moment when the house band on Jimmy Fallon’s show played a derogatory song clip as then presidential candidate Michele Bachmann was coming on stage. Fallon later had to apologize. It makes one wonder if these networks ever manage to learn anything from the past.

After chatting with Noel Sheppard of Newsbusters about it, he came up with the video, which follows.

UPDATE: (Jazz) There seems to be some confusion over the portion where I mention that the anchor generally doesn’t pick the bumper music. This was not intended as any sort of indicator that malice aforethought was ruled out. Simply saying that if it was intentional, it was mostly likely pulled off by the producers and the crew. These anchors are really little more than actors in many cases, coming in to work and reading whatever shows up on the teleprompter.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Did CNN throw a cheap shot at her? Yes. But Palin brought this on her self. She needs to stop doing this sort of crap.

Karmashock on July 29, 2012 at 11:10 AM

I was going to comment that who the squat cares what CNN says – we’re talking about a cable network behind Oprah’s network in ratings, a network so pitiful their CEO quits ( ooh, does that mean we can call him a quitter?)

However what needs addressing is the old “blame the victim mentality. On one hand the Left and too many on the Right dismiss her as an irrelevant ditz so what’s the big deal if she follows her personal opinion? If you think she’s a celebrity diva stop whining when she gets publicity.

katiejane on July 29, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Cheney can suck it.

98ZJUSMC on July 29, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Suck What?

Bmore on July 29, 2012 at 11:39 AM

…and I was going to say…you asked the wrong Virginia!

Uppereastside on July 29, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Suck What?

Bmore on July 29, 2012 at 11:55 AM

…VIRGINIA…!!!…where have you been?…busy shaving?
…Don’t forget to pat it down with hot sauce in the morning…and again with Ben-gay at night!

KOOLAID2 on July 29, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Truth is that CNN is not mocking Palin. They don’t hate Palin.

They’re mocking us. They hate us.

“Us,”for lack of a better term, means conservatives, Believers.

They despise what and Who we believe in.

TitularHead on July 29, 2012 at 12:09 PM

This is sooooo laughable.

Progs taking potshots at Sarah Palin while they dare not say things about Louis Farrakhan and his real anti-semetic and homophoblic leanings. Likewise, Europe is quietly thinking if they ignore the rise of radical Muslims and their homophobism it won’t hurt them.

They’re taking on Sarah Palin an Chic-Fil-A because they’re intellectual cowards, afraid to take on the really bigger issues, such as the rise of intolerance in a much more dangerous form.

Sarah Palin and the CEO of CFA are exercising their God given right (the constitution states these are rights not grated by men, but by our natural state) to express themselves. Everyone here in turn has the chance to express their support or dissapproval. But there’s a bigger war out there going on whether anyone has the right to express anything not explicitly approved by the state.

Decide which side of the argument you want to be on.

itsspideyman on July 29, 2012 at 12:10 PM

ButterflyDragon on July 29, 2012 at 12:06 PM

so you agree then that obamas “build” remark, was also taken out of context.

didn’t think so. so quit with the twisted analogies.

renalin on July 29, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Ha – I love the subversion of it! Go, CNN!

inthemiddle on July 29, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Randi Kaye is not just laughing about it, she’s tapping her pen to the beat and practically dancing to the song, which shows that the music is being played in the studio and that she thinks it’s funny.

jms on July 29, 2012 at 12:11 PM

Obama is REASON 1 for termination affirmative axtion. Without his Ivy League credentials, he’d still be sitting in Jeremiah Wright’s pews.

BuckeyeSam on July 29, 2012 at 12:03 PM

but you see for people like Cheney all that matters to them is that ivy league /part of the club record. their works, achievments, character doesn’t matter. All that matters to the PPC is that they checked the right box, went to the right school, say the correct code words. Don’t rock the boat too much. Be a team player. That to them is being experienced. It doesn’t matter if they did nothing, accomplished nothing, have wrong headed ideas. the funniest thing is that millions upon millions of people look up to these fools and jesters and look down upon those that do the work, accomplish things and build lasting improvments.

unseen on July 29, 2012 at 12:11 PM

so you agree then that obamas “build” remark, was also taken out of context.

didn’t think so. so quit with the twisted analogies.

renalin on July 29, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Don’t be a moron.

Have you listened to the song? Do you even know the lyrics? So tired of zealots.

ButterflyDragon on July 29, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Karmashock on July 29, 2012 at 11:10 AM

No, YOU need to stop! You need to stop cowtowing to all the liberal media’s bias’.
We need to stop being the only ones compromising and thinking that the left plays by the same rules we do.

What the heck is wrong with you…..Palin did nothing wrong…..shame on you.

tencole on July 29, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Bmore on July 29, 2012 at 11:43 AM

I know, I’m feeling pretty powerless.

Cindy Munford on July 29, 2012 at 11:44 AM

First I’ve heard of this. I wish her the best and prayers to her and family. Be strong.

Mimzey on July 29, 2012 at 12:13 PM

More to come apparently. I am sure that he was very kind and complimentary but I am also sure that that isn’t what will be reported.

Cindy Munford on July 29, 2012 at 12:06 PM

many people think Cheney made a mistake by choosing Bush.

unseen on July 29, 2012 at 12:14 PM

Truth is that CNN is not mocking Palin. They don’t hate Palin.

They’re mocking us. They hate us.

“Us,”for lack of a better term, means conservatives, Believers.

They despise what and Who we believe in.

TitularHead on July 29, 2012 at 12:09 PM

Palin IS us.

tencole on July 29, 2012 at 12:14 PM

Night Owl on July 29, 2012 at 12:04 PM

^smack^

Dude. I felt that before I read it.

Uppereastside on July 29, 2012 at 11:51 AM

You might want to see a doctor. That one’s going to leave a mark.

HotAirian on July 29, 2012 at 12:14 PM

Your words will fall on deaf ears here. Haven’t you remembered? Anybody But Obama. They will take Jerry Sandusky over Obama if possible.
Uppereastside on July 29, 2012 at 11:59 AM
yes but doesn’t mean they still do not need to be said.
unseen on July 29, 2012 at 12:04 PM

By the way, I also disagree with Obama’s escalation of the wars in the middle east. However I will be voting for him because deep inside, I truly believe he would end those wars if American Politics allow it. it’s a choice election unfortunately. We have to choose between bad and potentially worse. I think I will choose bad.

Right now Romney is on CNN, assuring the Israelis of our commitment to start another war with Iran. Why the heck would I even consider voting for someone with that kind of thinking?

Uppereastside on July 29, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Bmore on July 29, 2012 at 11:43 AM

I know, I’m feeling pretty powerless.

Cindy Munford on July 29, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Mimzey on July 29, 2012 at 12:13 PM

I’m being nosey here, what happened?

sicoit on July 29, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Exactly, tencole.

TitularHead on July 29, 2012 at 12:16 PM

I wonder what the next msm distraction will be?

And how many will be consumed by it?

artist on July 29, 2012 at 12:16 PM

Tell me again who it is that’s supposed to be conducting a war on women? Since no one watches Randi(is she?) who’s gonna know about this. CNN will follow Newsweek and be online only fairly soon.

Kissmygrits on July 29, 2012 at 12:16 PM

I can’t stand Palin these days, but what CNN did was childish.

McDuck on July 29, 2012 at 12:17 PM

sicoit on July 29, 2012 at 12:15 PM

You aren’t being nosey. On QOTD last night she told us she has lung cancer.

Cindy Munford on July 29, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Ha – I love the subversion of it! Go, CNN!

inthemiddle on July 29, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Fried foods cause heart attacks, strokes, and shortens people’s lives.

In other words, EAT UP Sarah and Todd!

inthemiddle on July 28, 2012 at 3:23 PM

we shouldn’t accept bigotry in the name of keeping a “free society”.

inthemiddle on July 28, 2012 at 9:21 PM

And I’m taking several gay couples there on Friday for the kiss-in. We hope to find the most conservative looking families to make sure they get the best views!

inthemiddle on July 28, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Bmore on July 29, 2012 at 12:18 PM

You aren’t being nosey. On QOTD last night she told us she has lung cancer.

Cindy Munford on July 29, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Oh dear Lord…..prayers are working….she is such a GREAT poster! Wow, this just breaks my heart. :(

sicoit on July 29, 2012 at 12:19 PM

To Unseen: you are describing all the jokers in the MSM who are too frightened or too lazy or too immoral to criticize The One and all his evil cronies. Don’t condemn Cheney and the well-educated; condemn the haters who vilify anyone who disagrees and who may actually have a spine and try to be kind in this secular world.

chai on July 29, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Bmore on July 29, 2012 at 12:18 PM

You seem to be obsessed with me. Which I take as a compliment. However, I feel sorry for you that your life is so empty you have nothing better to do than to retain my past comments. So sorry.

inthemiddle on July 29, 2012 at 12:20 PM

They say a picture is worth a thousand words…

In Sarah Palin’s case, a picture is worth tens of thousands of words, hundreds of stories, and hatred and fear in the hearts of liberals everywhere..:)

idesign on July 29, 2012 at 12:21 PM

How presidential of them.

hungrymongo on July 29, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Uppereastside on July 29, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Another war with Iran? When was the first?

itsspideyman on July 29, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Ha – I love the subversion of it! Go, CNN!

inthemiddle on July 29, 2012 at 12:10 PM

I’m going to go out on a limb here and guess that in the unlikely event that you work, you are not very successful.

Night Owl on July 29, 2012 at 12:22 PM

I was no fan of Palin, but she was more qualified than John Edwards.

johnboy on July 29, 2012 at 12:22 PM

What is so lost in the lefty narrative is the track record of Chick Fil-A. Begrudgingly, not one single untruth has come out about their hiring practices or discrimination over their customers. This is smear personified. Shoot the messenger and anyone who supports it.

When put to the popular vote, there isn’t one state that has chosen to support an anti-DOMA position. So what’s it all about? Pandering for votes and PC. So why isn’t the left going after Billy Graham? Oh, never mind, that’s a rhetorical question. You can have your first amendment as long as its not counter to leftist views.

A little OT: I got some free tickets to see Beck last night. Yep, he’s another polarizing figure. If nothing else, watch the first AND last 10 seconds. THAT is the problem in our country today. BTW… there were 65,000 people there and it was quite a message of the REAL hope and change for this country.

November 6th… 100 days.

VietVet_Dave on July 29, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Network nobody watches plays song by a person with no talent to introduce a person of no consequence. That about it?

Todd Palin craps better things than CNN.

SurferDoc on July 29, 2012 at 12:22 PM

However I will be voting for him because deep inside, I truly believe he would end those wars if American Politics allow it. Uppereastside on July 29, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Then you are a fool. You state openly that you would vote for a man that places our sons and daughters lives before his alter of politcal power and would gladly sacrifice those lives if he sees it helping him politcally. You further state he doesn’t believe in the fight and is simply fighting it for politcal points. why would anyone give such an ego maniac their vote. It is those type of people we need to force fromt he halls of power with all haste. I’m no fan of Mitt and most likely won’t vote for him. Nor will I vote for Obama. those that seek power for power’s sake are worthless humans that should never be given power.

unseen on July 29, 2012 at 12:22 PM

sicoit on July 29, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Here.

Bmore on July 29, 2012 at 12:23 PM

I would look at this song being played with Palin as a compliment, not a put-down.

ButterflyDragon on July 29, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Ummmm…..yeah, ok.

Dopenstrange on July 29, 2012 at 12:23 PM

chai on July 29, 2012 at 12:19 PM

It’s all of them. Sit back and watch the new found respect that VP Cheney is going to be given. All of these people are sick of those people who don’t know what’s good for them.

Cindy Munford on July 29, 2012 at 12:23 PM

Uppereastside on July 29, 2012 at 12:15 PM

I guess you aren’t up to date on the latest White House leaks, are you?

Night Owl on July 29, 2012 at 12:24 PM

VietVet_Dave on July 29, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Amen.

There is NOT ONE instance of discrimination being brought up here.

Only an anger of what they think.

Orwell, where are you?

itsspideyman on July 29, 2012 at 12:24 PM

we shouldn’t accept bigotry in the name of keeping a “free society”.

inthemiddle on July 28, 2012 at 9:21 PM

The Fuhrer couldn’t have said it more clearly.

TitularHead on July 29, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Queue the PDS crowd . . .

TarheelBen on July 29, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Bmore on July 29, 2012 at 12:23 PM

Thanks Bmore….I just don’t know what else to say. I’m sending out a prayer request email to my prayer circle. Sad day, really sad day. I enjoy both her witty as well as wise posts. :(

sicoit on July 29, 2012 at 12:27 PM

inthemiddle on July 29, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Stupidity like yours will not go unstudied. Civilization demands it.

Chuck Schick on July 29, 2012 at 12:27 PM

chai on July 29, 2012 at 12:19 PM

anyone with a 4th grade education could see Palin was more quailified than Obama in 2008. And she had just has much quailifications as the candidate Gov Bush did in 1999.
In fact her RECORD was better than Bush’s. For cheney to say what he did he is no better than those in the MSM. Cheney is also a man that stood before you screaming about gay marriage and how wrong it was then quietly went and sat at his daughter’s gay marriage. the well-educated? Well educated in what being a hypocrite?

unseen on July 29, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Stupidity like yours will not go unstudied. Civilization demands it.

Chuck Schick on July 29, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Hahahaha…

BallisticBob on July 29, 2012 at 12:30 PM

sicoit on July 29, 2012 at 12:27 PM

It makes me tear.

Bmore on July 29, 2012 at 12:30 PM

inthemiddle on July 29, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Make no mistake, I am trying to walk your sorry arse to the door.

Bmore on July 29, 2012 at 12:31 PM

mitt can’t even shine Sarah’s boots.
renalin on July 29, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Yeah! And all that jazz about running for president? Could a job be more beneath her?

Chuck Schick on July 29, 2012 at 12:32 PM

unseen on July 29, 2012 at 12:22 PM

If you read my post, you will see that I said I truly believe Obama would stop those wars if he had the power to. You and I know pulling those troops out ASAP is easier said than done. You and I know u the unconditional support we have for the Isreali’s pro war government is very difficult to end.

This is a choice election. I believe one guy is worse than the other. Unlike you, I won’t sit idly by why the worse candidate gets elected. Thats the problem we have in this country. 50% of Americans choose not to vote at all because they feel the whole system is corrupt and nothing will ever change. That 50% not voting is why we are where we are today.

Uppereastside on July 29, 2012 at 12:33 PM

we shouldn’t accept bigotry in the name of keeping a “free society”.

inthemiddle on July 28, 2012 at 9:21 PM

you have no idea what freedom is then. Freedom means having the right to be a bigot among other things.

unseen on July 29, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Make no mistake, I am trying to walk your sorry arse to the door.

Bmore on July 29, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Because opposing viewpoints to those of the RNC talking points will NOT be tolerated here, huh Bmore?

Who’s being intolerant now?

inthemiddle on July 29, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Is this the ‘Apple Pie hubbub’ that Steve Martin was referring to?
…hillbilly from Wasilly…

Sarah does shriek better than Hillary, so there’s that.
She’s American and wants what’s best for this country.

OT: Any of you late (31st) voters here in TX, you can pretty much
choose the ‘other’ if you received the literature about
“Official Voter’s Guide” that I did.

merriam-webster can filter all they want.

dictionary.com
brack
“salty, briny,” 1510s, from Du. brak “brackish,” probably from M.Du. brak “worthless,” a word also used in commercial trade and which also made its way into early Modern English.

Close, no cigar, but close.

Yep, ‘Apple Pie hubbub’, h/t Steve Martin.

mickytx on July 29, 2012 at 12:34 PM

many people think Cheney made a mistake by choosing Bush.

unseen on July 29, 2012 at 12:14 PM

So…how’s Cheney doing since his transplant? Everything going well?

I only ask you since it seems that Dick lives rent-free in your head; and I thought you might have spoken with him.

Solaratov on July 29, 2012 at 12:36 PM

Freedom to liberals is like sunshine to a vampire.

TitularHead on July 29, 2012 at 12:37 PM

This was not news of any sort- CNN broke the newest liberal media rule to NOT report on anything Sarah be thy name does. Did anyone in the liberal world cover her her speech in Texas the other day? If they I’d I missed it- nope – this CNN BS is just another drive by shot at the woman who helped bring about the the Democrite Shellacking of 2010.

Sorry to all the Dick Cheney’s out there- but you are dead wrong. stupidly dead wrong. NO REPUBLICAN WAS GOING TO WIN FOLLOWING BUSH AS A PRESIDENT. Get that through your thick skulls. A ham samich could’ve won the presidency in 2008-as long as it wasn’t a republican one.

Today’s political situation would be a lot worse off if Sarah Palin had NOT been elevated to a National spotlight in 2008. She fought and attacked, while the cowardly men of DC stayed on the sidelines and watched – and gave very little support.

I’ll take a commoner like Sarah over “educated” COWARDLY career DC MEN any day of the week.

FlaMurph on July 29, 2012 at 12:37 PM

In the course of a few months she has lost her foster child, business and now has a serious health issue. Words fail me.

Cindy Munford on July 29, 2012 at 11:41 AM

May God Bless KWR and give her strength through the times. I hope she also knows that she is in our prayers.

TXUS on July 29, 2012 at 12:37 PM

inthemiddle on July 29, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Make no mistake, I am trying to walk your sorry arse to the door.

Bmore on July 29, 2012 at 12:31 PM

inthemiddle… maybe you’re wearing a red shirt today and can’t see the laser on your chest. But you will. And you can join the group of Bmore’s other trophys.

VietVet_Dave on July 29, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Uppereastside on July 29, 2012 at 12:33 PM </blockquotnobody else orders the troops but Obama. If he gave the order today to leave Afgan and the middle east the militry will pull up stakes and leave. He refuses to do so because it would be bad politcally for him to do so in your words. Therefore he would rather have our sons and daughter be killed in a cause he doesn't agree with then do what he believes in to retain power. People talk about how bad Hitler was or Stalin or Mao but when they see the same type of power hungry person in their country they are like I will vote for him because I hope he will change. Say what you will about Bush and him starting the wars but Bush did believed in what he was doing. He didn't take a poll and say well I guess we need to bomb Afganistain because it will be good for me politcally.

Even Iraq bush didn't go in there for politcal reasons. It might have been for revenge against Saddam, or oil or to "root out the evildoers" or any number of reasons but Bush took a major politcal hit for doing so. He knew he would and he still went in. Bush isn't a shinning light in the country's history but he could at least be trusted with power.

unseen on July 29, 2012 at 12:40 PM

VietVet_Dave on July 29, 2012 at 12:38 PM

So because Bmore sees me as intolerant, she wants to ban me for expressing opinions. So much for that “intolerant of free speech accusation”!

And no worries. I’ve already contacted the mods to let them know of little Bmore’s game.

inthemiddle on July 29, 2012 at 12:40 PM

This probably got more views here than it got when it aired since no one watches CNN anymore anyway. And probably even less on Sunday morning…

crazywater on July 29, 2012 at 12:41 PM

A few hours after Palin was selected as the Vice Presidential nominee, an obsequious RINO with a featherweight intellect who can’t write his way out of a paper bag, i.e., Jazz Shaw, beat Andrew Sullivan to the punch with the Trig Truther rumors. And that’s hardly the only example of Jazz Shaw happily assuming his role of Palin-basher-in residence during his tenure at that Left-wing site, comically called The Moderate Voice. Click here for an endless cornucopia of Jazz Shaw’s moronic Palin-bashing, so much so that at one point Mr. Shaw refers himself to “…entry number 114 in my ongoing 2,000 part series of baseless and despicable attacks on Sarah Palin and her family…” (Yes, I know, he was being “ironic.”)

So it’s kinda trippy, or maybe just dishonest & hypocritical, for this pioneer in Palin-bashing Jazz Shaw to express such concern about it now.

Related question: Allah & Ed are excellent writers. Why have they consistently taken on board writers who suck?

BCrago66 on July 29, 2012 at 12:41 PM

inthemiddle on July 29, 2012 at 12:20 PM

If you can’t make a cogent argument then be silent. The “Stalker!” defense strategy goes down over here slightly less well than Godwin.

Irritable Pundit on July 29, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Who’s being intolerant now?

inthemiddle on July 29, 2012 at 12:34 PM

It has nothing to do with that at all. I have always been more than willing to have conversations with honest individuals about their opposing points of view. You are not that person. You are dishonest and wish harm to others. Your comments show a direct link to intolerance, read them and do some deep thinking on it. Read this and defend it.

Fried foods cause heart attacks, strokes, and shortens people’s lives.

In other words, EAT UP Sarah and Todd!

inthemiddle on July 28, 2012 at 3:23 PM

Bmore on July 29, 2012 at 12:43 PM

So…how’s Cheney doing since his transplant? Everything going well?

Solaratov on July 29, 2012 at 12:36 PM

I have no idea. I wonder how the person who didn’t get the heart because he didn’t have the right connections is doing more then I wonder how Cheney is doing…

unseen on July 29, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Bmore is a pretty intolerable thing, and not very bright. Where is Honda when you need it to achieve critical mass stupidity?

antisense on July 29, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Who’s being intolerant now?
inthemiddle on July 29, 2012 at 12:34 PM

You’ve never once attempted an intelligent conversation and your taunts are childish and repetitive. Every single other leftie here is more intelligent than you now that liberal4life got the axe.

Chuck Schick on July 29, 2012 at 12:43 PM

itsspideyman on July 29, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Nice one. Real good.

SparkPlug on July 29, 2012 at 12:44 PM

inthemiddle on July 29, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Just in case you sent it to the wrong place. tips@hotair.com

Bmore on July 29, 2012 at 12:44 PM

antisense on July 29, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Brilliant comment.

Bmore on July 29, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Of course CNN didn’t mention the oh so tolerant responses to that pic from their liberal brethren, like this one.

clearbluesky on July 29, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Bmore on July 29, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Thanks, but no thanks. I got the address right the first time. Have fun.

inthemiddle on July 29, 2012 at 12:45 PM

many people think Cheney made a mistake by choosing Bush.

unseen on July 29, 2012 at 12:14 PM

Hehe. I liked W but…

SparkPlug on July 29, 2012 at 12:45 PM

inthemiddle on July 29, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Funny how Bmore is still here and where is crr6? uppereastside? dameon1976 and a few others?

Nobody gets tossed because of someone else. But its always someone else’s fault with left thinkers, isn’t it?

VietVet_Dave on July 29, 2012 at 12:45 PM

OT: Any of you late (31st) voters here in TX, you can pretty much
choose the ‘other’ if you received the literature about
“Official Voter’s Guide” that I did.

mickytx on July 29, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Also OT in response:
Pfffftttttt, I received the Conservative Republicans of Harris County “voting guide” in which they had all of the RINO’s names checked and not the true conservatives. Yep, I definitely know who to vote for on the 31st! THANKS CRoHC (hmmmm…kinda looks like it spells crock, does it not?) ;)

sicoit on July 29, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Uppereastside on July 29, 2012 at 12:15 PM

At least you acknowledge Obama isn’t a leader.

chemman on July 29, 2012 at 12:46 PM

FlaMurph on July 29, 2012 at 12:37 PM

only thing I disagree with is I think a Reagan would have won after a Bush because he would have been smart enough to place the blame not on the GOP party but on the progressive polices the last POTUS pushed in aattempt to appease the “middle”. what McCain failed to understand is you can be respectful of the person without accept the concept that their ideas were the correct ideas. McCain had a chance to win if he would have made a break with the failed progressive policies of the last 20 years and return to reagan conservatism. He was too tied to those progressive ideas to be able to do that so he lost.

unseen on July 29, 2012 at 12:47 PM

CNN is not funny…it’s not newsworthy and, in fact, as its ratings point out, it is a joke.

driguana on July 29, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Thanks, but no thanks. I got the address right the first time. Have fun.

inthemiddle on July 29, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Coward.

Bmore on July 29, 2012 at 12:47 PM

BCrago66 on July 29, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Thanks for the intel.

TitularHead on July 29, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Why have they consistently taken on board writers who suck?

BCrago66 on July 29, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Because of what they write not how they write.

unseen on July 29, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Uppereastside on July 29, 2012 at 12:33 PM

What pro war government might that be?

chemman on July 29, 2012 at 12:54 PM

Meh.

FlatFoot on July 29, 2012 at 12:56 PM

Who’s being intolerant now?

inthemiddle on July 29, 2012 at 12:34 PM

So you wishing death for the Palins is concidered tolerent?
How progressive of you.

Uppereastside on July 29, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Obama through his own exercise has escalated arial drone attacks that has caused the death of thousands of innocent people. Obama and Holder OK’ed and implemented fast and furious, which has had a hand in the deaths of hundreds of innocent Mexicans and at least two US agents.
How’s that Hopey Changy stuff working out for you hypocrite?

Garym on July 29, 2012 at 12:56 PM

And I’m taking several gay couples there on Friday for the kiss-in.

inthemiddle on July 28, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Don’t forget your Gerbil.

SparkPlug on July 29, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Fried foods cause heart attacks, strokes, and shortens people’s lives.

In other words, EAT UP Sarah and Todd!

inthemiddle on July 28, 2012 at 3:23 PM

How come someone who wishes people dead is still commenting on HA?

Shame on you Townhall and HA.

May the left take a good example from you.

Schadenfreude on July 29, 2012 at 12:59 PM

inthemiddle on July 29, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Nobody wants – yet – to ban you. And certainly not for “expressing opinions” – even stupid, intolerant ones. Bmore is having fun – at your expense and with your co-operation – exposing your intolerance and the hypocrisy of every position that you hold and opinion that you express.
The rest of us just mock you for the intolerant little prig that you are.

“And no worries…” You’re a whining, sniveling little lickspittle.

“The only things one finds in the middle of the road are a yellow stripe and a lot of dead chickens.” —M.T.

Solaratov on July 29, 2012 at 1:00 PM

BCrago66 on July 29, 2012 at 12:41 PM

It’s not Ed and Allah’s call- they don’t own Hot Air. The owners of Hot Air make that decision ask yourself why they are choosing the bloggers they are for Hot Air.

I like Mary Katherine Ham and Tina Korbe, I was surprised to Tina blogging here last week.

Why hasn’t Madison Conservative been reinstated in the Green Room? Surely he’s been disciplined enough. It’s not as if Wisconsin isn’t integral in the republicans plans, to restore fiscal conservative policies across the county.

But sure why not just put up blog filler about back ground music being played on a Palin segment on CNN/

Dr Evil on July 29, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Thanks, but no thanks. I got the address right the first time.

inthemiddle on July 29, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Soliciting at the mens room on the Hersey Highway is prohibited by law.

SparkPlug on July 29, 2012 at 1:01 PM

I’m not wishing them dead and you know it. It was what some, with a sense of humor, would call a silly joke.

I’ve already spoken to Ed via email and told him about these tactics. He has already assured me that what some of you are doing will not work and only he has the power to ban. Nice try, though!

inthemiddle on July 29, 2012 at 1:02 PM

inthemiddle on July 29, 2012 at 1:02 PM

LIAR – you wished them dead. It’s black on white.

Schadenfreude on July 29, 2012 at 1:03 PM

Solaratov on July 29, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Just love that line. No pun intended, or is there? LOL!

Bmore on July 29, 2012 at 1:03 PM

Fried foods cause heart attacks, strokes, and shortens people’s lives.

In other words, EAT UP Sarah and Todd!

inthemiddle on July 28, 2012 at 3:23 PM

This is considered a joke?

Enlighten us Ed, on what is considered leftist humor these days.

Schadenfreude on July 29, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Fried foods cause heart attacks, strokes, and shortens people’s lives.

In other words, EAT UP Sarah and Todd!

inthemiddle on July 28, 2012 at 3:23 PM

How come someone who wishes people dead is still commenting on HA?

Shame on you Townhall and HA.

May the left take a good example from you.

Schadenfreude on July 29, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Well sometimes it’s good to keep some OBot lefties around so we can be reminded of how scummy they are.

SparkPlug on July 29, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Why was your original commented removed if this was humor, LIAR?

Schadenfreude on July 29, 2012 at 1:05 PM

commented = comment

Schadenfreude on July 29, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Schadenfreude on July 29, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Oh, my. Getting irritated that your Nazi-style chilling tactics on opposing views aren’t working? Sorry.

inthemiddle on July 29, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Is this a joke also? Just to showcase your tolerant nature?

inthemiddle on July 28, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Bmore on July 29, 2012 at 1:07 PM

inthemiddle wants Sarah and Todd to have a heart attack.

And then whines about tolerance.

SparkPlug on July 29, 2012 at 1:07 PM

unseen on July 29, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Oh, cry me a river. You couldn’t care less about someone you don’t know not getting a heart transplant because someone else did.
That is one of the most simpering, typically leftist statements I have seen here.

Solaratov on July 29, 2012 at 1:07 PM