Quotes of the day

posted at 8:31 pm on July 28, 2012 by Allahpundit

Mayor Vince Gray today joined the chorus of people who don’t consider themselves fans of Chick-fil-A, the southern fried chicken purveyor that has made national news by contributing money to organizations that oppose same-sex marriage.

After being initially queried on the topic today by Post reporter Tim Craig this afternoon, Gray said that he did not know enough about the restaurant to make a judgement call. But according to mayoral spokesman Pedro Ribeiro, after Gray was briefed by aides on the restaurant and the controversy surrounding it, he asked, “Why would I want one of those in the District?” In a later tweet, Gray added: “Given my longstanding strong support for LGBT rights & marriage equality, I would not support #hatechicken.”

***

[Philadelphia] City Councilman Jim Kenney sent a letter to Chick-fil-A president Dan Cathy telling him to “take a hike and take your intolerance with you.”…

He is introducing a resolution to “condemn this anti-American attitude of trying to deny civil liberties that every American enjoys.”…

Kenney said individuals who do not support gay marriage should understand there are consequences to their belief.

“If he really, truly believes what he believes, that is his right to do so,” he told Fox News. “But there is often a price to pay for that.”

***

In a letter to customers that was posted on Twitter and Facebook Thursday, [Hollywood Chick-fil-A] owner Jeremiah Cillpam promised that customers will continue to receive excellent food and service regardless of “belief, race, creed, sexual orientation or gender.”

Emphasizing the “independently owned and operated” structure of Chick-Fil-A franchises, Cillpam went on to say that he personally spoke to Chick-Fil-A CEO Dan Cathy, who clarified that his controversial comments against gay marriage do not represent every company employee.

More from the letter:

“I know that some of our guests are upset by comments made by Dan Cathy, president of Chick-fil-A Inc. He has made it clear to me those were his personal views, and that his intent was not to speak on behalf of every Chick-fil-A owner. We hope those who are upset will look at their relationship with our restaurant, The Hollywood Chick-fil-A, and allow us to continue to serve them.”

***

Bloomberg said on his weekly radio show on WOR that it is inappropriate for a government entity “to look at somebody’s political views and decide whether or not they can live in the city, or operate a business in the city, or work for somebody in the city.”…

Bloomberg said Menino, Emanuel and Lee are “really are good mayors” but “trampling on the freedom to marry whoever you want is exactly the same as trampling on your freedom to open a store.”

Richard Socarides, a New York lawyer and former Clinton White House adviser on gay rights who is urging a boycott of Chick-fil-A, said Bloomberg is right.

***

I won’t ever give my business to a Chick-fil-A, and I know that many LGBTs and our allies will also stay away. But Chick-fil-A has every right to be in business, in the city of Chicago and elsewhere. I would never want their bigotry to keep them from getting a business license…

Chick-fil-A has the right to follow a Bible that authorizes the killing of children who talk back to their parents. They just can’t actually do that. They have a right to oppose same-sex marriage — and I am really glad that they are boasting about it, because many company leaders feel the same way but hide their positions. That means our gay dollars go to haters and we don’t even know it.

We absolutely can’t have a religious or moral litmus test for getting a business license. Because in the past (or a potential future), that would mean some LGBT businesses might not qualify.

***

As an exercise in sheer political muscle, it’s impressive. But, if you’re a feminist or a gay or any of the other house pets in the Democrat menagerie, you might want to look at Rahm Emanuel’s pirouette, and Menino’s coziness with Islamic homophobia. These guys are about power, and right now your cause happens to coincide with their political advantage. But political winds shift. Once upon a time, Massachusetts burned witches. Now it grills chicken-sandwich homophobes. One day it’ll be something else. Already in Europe, in previously gay-friendly cities like Amsterdam, demographically surging Muslim populations have muted leftie politicians’ commitment to gay rights, feminism, and much else. It’s easy to cheer on the thugs when they’re thuggish in your name. What happens when Emanuel’s political needs change?

Americans talk more about liberty than citizens of other Western nations, but, underneath the rhetorical swagger, liberty bleeds. When Mayor Menino and Alderman Moreno openly threaten to deny business licenses because of ideological apostasy, they’re declaring their unfitness for public office. It’s not about marriage, it’s not about gays, it’s about a basic understanding that a free society requires a decent respect for a wide range of opinion without penalty by the state. In Menino’s Boston, the Freedom Trail is heavy on the Trail, way too light on the Freedom.

***

Can it really be that in America today a businessman can be labeled a bigot, boycotted and cut off by suppliers because of the crime of being a Christian?…

Hopefully many will respond to Mike Huckabee’s appeal to patronize Chick-fil-A on Aug. 1 as a display of support for traditional Christian values and as a reminder that our Constitution protects religious freedom.

Have we really gotten to the point where being a Christian is considered un-American?

***

At the Chick-fil-A outlet at the Woodbridge Center mall, most customers seemed more interested in their chicken nuggets rather than the company’s position on marriage.

“What they do is make food,” said Cheryl Alexander, a 51-year-old mother of seven from Essex County who doesn’t agree with the company’s politics. “Whatever happens out there … they donate money? Who cares? I don’t care.”…

“I don’t like what he said about gay people (but) it’s not going to stop me from coming here,” said [Michele] Helfenbaum, 36, who lives in Staten Island. “I’m definitely not going to boycott it. I’m here for the food.”

***

***

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

***

***

Via Mediaite.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

I have cancer.

there it is.

Key West Reader on July 28, 2012 at 10:48 PM

And you will beat it because you are strong and we are here for you.

JPeterman on July 28, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Slade
I only know what I read, might be, might not………..

angrymike on July 28, 2012 at 10:56 PM

I think the homosexuals prefer beef, no?

the new aesthetic on July 28, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Or muffins…

You can’t leave out lesbians and Etonians…like David Cameron.

Resist We Much on July 28, 2012 at 10:57 PM

KWR- Prayers from here, too.

When I was burned a nurse held my hand and asked if she could pray with me. When we were finished she told me something that I can’t even say out loud anymore without tearing up:

Everything will be okay in the end.
If it’s not okay, it’s not the end.

We love you and we’re praying for you.

rogerb on July 28, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Oh, dangitall, anyway, KWR !!
So sorry to learn that. :-(
25-yr survivor here, so take heart, and know prayers are yours.

pambi on July 28, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Seriously, Key West Reader, you are a treasure here and we all love and respect you. My heart is borken.

the new aesthetic on July 28, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Key West Reader on July 28, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Oh, no. I am so sorry. Hugs and prayers.

INC on July 28, 2012 at 10:58 PM

We need Austin Powers to rip that wig off Angry Mike

Slade73 on July 28, 2012 at 10:58 PM

broken + broken. Godspeed my friend.

the new aesthetic on July 28, 2012 at 10:59 PM

I have cancer.

there it is.

Key West Reader on July 28, 2012 at 10:48 PM

You will beat it. All of us just hope for the best outcome.

arnold ziffel on July 28, 2012 at 11:00 PM

And you will beat it because you are strong and we are here for you.

JPeterman on July 28, 2012 at 10:56 PM

…one of the reasons I feel you will beat it Key!

KOOLAID2 on July 28, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Key, one more thing. If you can get to MD Anderson, do it. My 82 year old mother got the best treatment possible and I am thankful it was in our back yard in Houston. It is the best place around. And you already have friends that you don’t know here! Don’t think for a minute that cancer can’t be beaten, because it can.

TxAnn56 on July 28, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Well I’m out…
key, take care, sadmike tonight………;-(

angrymike on July 28, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Key West Reader 1
Cancer 0

the new aesthetic on July 28, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Isn’t it enough that “gays” have absconded with the word “gay”?

When Johnny comes marching home again,
Hurrah! Hurrah!
We’ll give him a hearty welcome then
Hurrah! Hurrah!
The men will cheer and the boys will shout
The ladies they will all turn out
And we’ll all feel gay,
When Johnny comes marching home.

Do they have to rip off the word “marriage” too?

Can’t they come up with a new word? Aren’t “gays” suppose to be so creative? Maybe “gayiage”? Or better yet give back the stolen “gay” and go with “homoiage”. Be creative.

VorDaj on July 28, 2012 at 11:03 PM

My ambivalence towards gay marriage has now been changed to hard opposition.

When people can no longer voice an opinion without being attacked verbally, physically or financially it’s time to fight.

darwin on July 28, 2012 at 10:30 PM

Sadly, I’m right there with you — the left’s intolerance & hatred is making me loss any sympathy in a “live & let live” way that I had.

And if they push me any further I’m going to say the h3ll with civil unions too.

They want to claim I’m intolerant? They ain’t seen nothing yet.

Dark Star on July 28, 2012 at 11:03 PM

It is or as KWR said, it’s chaos and I’m sick of it. I’m hoping that we all will feel as good on November 8th as I felt on November 29, 1989. The madness needs to be stopped but I fear the worst is yet to come.

JPeterman on July 28, 2012 at 10:47 PM

I’m sick of it, too. Chaos…accurately descriptive word. The chaos is intentional, too. November 29, 1989…the Velvet Revolution? If so, one of the greatest days in history! I hope November 6, 2012 will feel as good, too.

kakypat on July 28, 2012 at 11:05 PM

My opposition to considering gay couples to be married couples is not based in religion. I think marriage is built into out biology; it’s a question of physics, the universe and it’s laws, not ethics, the world of man’s ideas. I have no questions about whether a gay couple is a married couple — I don’t believe it is. The only question I had to answer was whether or not a gay couple is equivalent to a married couple. Without writing the book, I concluded it isn’t. There seem to be many analogs in society to gay couples, they are like this, like that; marriage doesn’t appear to be among them.

So, I think it’s irrational to identify gay couples as married, and I probably never will. It’s sorted. I’m done.

My religion does come into it — it leaves me no choice in this. To lie about it, the way the pressure is seriously being applied to people to lie about it — is unconscionable. I can’t just lie and go to the cool parties, or to save myself from being tossed in a bucket I don’t belong in. Hell or high water, I am required to tell the truth, because God is truth, as surely as he’s love. Turning my back on the truth is … well, it’s to war with the universe and it’s creator.

I can keep my mouth shut, and that I try to do most days. I don’t want to be misunderstood, and I don’t want to fight all night. I also seem to be on the losing philosophical side.

More important than “gay marriage” is the monster using it as a shield to get a foothold. Thought policing, enforced by hate crimes laws in general, and hate speech laws in particular. I seem to be two steps away from going to jail for just saying what I’ve said here. I don’t want to lie to my own kids from now on about homosexuality as a behavior; I don’t want a government redacted Bible; I don’t want to lose biology or physiology, or sociology or psychiatry (assuming those last ever decide to become sciences). These things are not incompatible, and they are all in jeopardy if we think we can create any truth we want and put it on a poster.

There’s a much bigger fight going on here. I think it’s a mistake to believe one is being loving and accepting by conceding this issue — “who does it hurt?” I think a person is giving away a lot more than nothing over this.

Be advised that if I’m wrong, I don’t care. I was wrong before once. I just correct and go on. Also, I apologize for all these “I thinks” in here; I just needed to focus tightly to distance my peeps from unwanted fire. This particular rail has bio-hazard signs on it. :) I’d keep my mouth shut tonight too, except I’m watching people being attacked — being slammed down under that serious pressure I mentioned, and … once again, I don’t really have a choice.

Axe on July 28, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Key West Reader on July 28, 2012 at 10:48 PM

I’m so very sorry to hear that. You’ll be in my prayers.

kakypat on July 28, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Key West Reader:
I lost my amazing sister to cancer seven years ago. This is the song that reminds me of her and makes me cry.
The Beatles – The Long and Winding Road

the new aesthetic on July 28, 2012 at 11:07 PM

angrymike on July 28, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Me too angry mike. This old warhorse can’t keep his eyes dry tonight. Take care everyone.

hawkdriver on July 28, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Kenney said individuals who do not support (insert political belief here) should understand there are consequences to their belief.

The Old Fighters of NSDAP would have all nodded in agreement had they read that statement.

Wait until geneticists get harangued, threatened and picketed for not coming up with the means for two people of the same sex to mate and bear children fast enough. You know damn well that’s next…oh, and the “right” to make it with little kids.

Dr. ZhivBlago on July 28, 2012 at 11:08 PM

hawkdriver on July 28, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Yep, I got nothin’ else either. RLR

Rio Linda Refugee on July 28, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Dark Star on July 28, 2012 at 11:03 PM

The fanatical activists also give regular gays a bad name. I have a gay friend that’s a jeweler and have known him for years. He has on more than one occasion said that the militant activists don’t speak for him. He doesn’t even want to get married. The hate spewing radical gay leftists are more like Westboro baptist church members.

TxAnn56 on July 28, 2012 at 11:10 PM

For you, KWR.

predator on July 28, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Key West Reader, I’m probably not telling you anything new, but take care of your head, too. If it means relaxing candlelit baths, fine. If it means psychologists, fine, too. That’s a huge part of the struggle, and an even bigger part regarding the person you’ll be when you come on the other side of this.

Please don’t take the mental aspect lightly.

rogerb on July 28, 2012 at 11:10 PM

What kind…if I might ask…

Electrongod on July 28, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Lung.

My dad had it.

My son doesn’t know yet.

Key West Reader on July 28, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Key west reader
not sure why, but I let things go, never a grudge. As I tried to tell people last night, we have bigger fish to fry………..

angrymike on July 28, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Shadefreude said that about “bigger fish to fry” not you grudgeless

kenny on July 28, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Axe on July 28, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Very well said, and megadittos.

pambi on July 28, 2012 at 11:13 PM

For you, KWR.

predator on July 28, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Oops. I left off the caption. It says, “Don’t ever give up.”

predator on July 28, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Axe on July 28, 2012 at 11:05 PM</blockquote

Its wonderful to see a man take a courageous stand for his principles. Well done.

thatsafactjack on July 28, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Lung.

My dad had it.

My son doesn’t know yet.

Key West Reader on July 28, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Oh….

My prayers to you..

Electrongod on July 28, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Please don’t take the mental aspect lightly.

rogerb on July 28, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Mental attitude is everything. My cousin’s mother had breast cancer in the late 50s when there wasn’t a whole lot that could be done. She had a radical masectomy and was given no guarantee or the best of odds. She just celebrated her 100th birthday last December. Honest to God’s truth.

TxAnn56 on July 28, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Key West Reader on July 28, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Are you still smoking?

OmahaConservative on July 28, 2012 at 11:17 PM

The GOP will betray you!..:)

The GOPe will betray you!..For the true cons!!..:)

Dire Straits on July 28, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Key West Reader on July 28, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Sorry to hear this..Thoughts and prayers for you!..

Dire Straits on July 28, 2012 at 11:19 PM

kakypat on July 28, 2012 at 11:05 PM

I was there.

JPeterman on July 28, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Run

Key West Reader on July 28, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Axe on July 28, 2012 at 11:05 PM

This is precisely what it is.

VorDaj on July 28, 2012 at 11:23 PM

My 82yo MIL has survived 2 bouts of lung cancer AND is, most recently, declared completely free of last year’s brain tumors. And people pi$$ and moan about health care in this country !!
FB ‘friends’ have spent today expressing how glorious it was to see the UK honoring their ever-wondrous NHS, and ridiculing the Right for resisting it’s apparent glorious-ness. PUKE.
Makes me want to scream, some days.

pambi on July 28, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Key West Reader on July 28, 2012 at 10:48 PM

I just want to join the others to say you will be in my heart. You know you have the support of everyone here.

novaculus on July 28, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Juat catching up.

KWR – just know that you will have all of us HA “soilders” helping you with your fight. You will beat this.

This community is so great – that is all.

gophergirl on July 28, 2012 at 11:26 PM

I’m going to go watch some Olympics, but I’m going to leave you this link KWR. It was sent to me when my mother was diagnosed with cancer several years ago. It’s Patrick Byrne’s incredible story (CEO of overstock.com) of his battle with cancer 3 times. It is the most awe inspiring and hopeful cancer survivor story that I have ever read. Bar none.

TxAnn56 on July 28, 2012 at 11:26 PM

I have cancer.

there it is.

Key West Reader on July 28, 2012 at 10:48 PM

So sorry to hear that. You will definitely be in our thoughts and prayers.

AZfederalist on July 28, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Key West Reader on July 28, 2012 at 10:48 PM

I’m sorry to hear that you are ill. I wish you a swift and complete recovery.

thatsafactjack on July 28, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Axe on July 28, 2012 at 11:05 PM

This is precisely what it is.

VorDaj on July 28, 2012 at 11:23 PM

And in all likelihood, if they get their way, and people are silenced, then once the leftists control everything they will turn on these “special interest” groups and subjugate them as well. “Useful idiots” is the term, I believe.

predator on July 28, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Key West Reader on July 28, 2012 at 11:11 PM

My wife and I have both gone through successful treatments for metastatic cancers that were considered fairly resistant to treatment up till about twenty years ago years ago. I don’t want to sound pollyanna, but, there are truly some remarkable advances in therapies nowdays. Keep yer dauber up,..as mentioned above, that’s really important,…professional support if necessary.

a capella on July 28, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Key West Reader , I gave hawkdriver my contact info. If you feel like it, please contact me. We can talk off thread. I promise to be a good listener. If you contact me, I can give you my phone number, if you would like. XO

Bmore on July 28, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Key West Reader on July 28, 2012 at 11:19 PM

No words. Not qualified. :)

I don’t know if I have anything you can use while you’re beating cancer … point, though.

Axe on July 28, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Key West Reader on July 28, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Please know that I will pray for healing and wellness for you.

lynncgb on July 28, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Key West Reader on July 28, 2012 at 11:11 PM

It’s been a tough few weeks for you. Take care of yourself…

Gohawgs on July 28, 2012 at 11:35 PM

I have KWR phone number and name and would never dream of calling her unless she called first…

OmahaConservative on July 28, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Day O

Axe on July 28, 2012 at 11:40 PM

OmahaConservative on July 28, 2012 at 11:37 PM

OC, I would have to break policy, and call.

Bmore on July 28, 2012 at 11:40 PM

#chickenlover

lol

Axe on July 28, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Key West Reader on July 28, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Excellent tune!..Thumbs up..:)

Dire Straits on July 28, 2012 at 11:40 PM

I am in favor of gay rights and recognition of same sex marriages but I am hoping these divisive and idiotic protests over someone’s personal beliefs fail miserably.

lexhamfox on July 28, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Axe on July 28, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Eat more Chicken!..:)

Dire Straits on July 28, 2012 at 11:53 PM

This is a depressing quote from the QOTDs above. She said we can’t have a religious test, because it might affect her side! Not because it would be wrong. As if to say, if it didn’t affect her side, and she could get away with it, she’d ban CFA and any establishment she didn’t like.

Reminds me of a “man in the street” interview in NY City shortly after 9/11/01.

Interviewer: You’re Muslim?
Man in Street: Yes.
Interviewer: So what do you think of those Muslims who flew the planes into the buildings?
Man in Street: They’re crazy!
Interviewer: Yeah?
Man in Street: Yeah! There could have been Muslims in those buildings!

Let’s treat all people the way we’d like to be treated, even those with whom we disagree!

Paul-Cincy on July 28, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Eat more Chicken!..:)

Dire Straits on July 28, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Not normally a fan of dead bird, but I really do like Chik-fil-A. Had it twice this past week. Need to get some more this next week.

AZfederalist on July 28, 2012 at 11:57 PM

TxAnn56 on July 28, 2012 at 11:10 PM

True, and I know it. I shouldn’t have allowed myself to sound so hateful about it because I didn’t mean it — it was 100% frustration with what I know is a small, hateful, LOUD minority of the LBGT community. I need to keep your Westboro analogy in mind — they don’t speak for me as a Christian; I shouldn’t let the small minority in the LBGT community speak for the rest of the gay community either.

Dark Star on July 28, 2012 at 11:58 PM

KWR; God bless you. Hang in there. You are a great woman and I appreciate what you contribute here. ted

ted c on July 28, 2012 at 11:59 PM

lexhamfox on July 28, 2012 at 11:47 PM

There will be a backlash,…a big one. They seem to never be satisfied and many of us who were pretty neutral on the issue are neutral no longer.

a capella on July 29, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Eat more Chicken!..:)

Dire Straits on July 28, 2012 at 11:53 PM

I was trying to find a chicken themed song , but they are all comedy and vaguely pornographic. :) — no idea why. Apparently, “chicken” is just a funny thing.

Abandoning.

Always liked this Scorpions’, whilst waiting for better spinners to get their tables warmed up.

Axe on July 29, 2012 at 12:01 AM

AZfederalist on July 28, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Good deal!..:)

Dire Straits on July 29, 2012 at 12:02 AM

OT – What your unlawful thuggish government is up to.

Schadenfreude on July 29, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Axe on July 29, 2012 at 12:01 AM

I hear you..I will do a little peeking around myself!..:)

PS..I am adding a new band into my fold..Pretty cool little band!..:)

Dire Straits on July 29, 2012 at 12:06 AM

I don’t really have a choice.

Axe on July 28, 2012 at 11:05 PM

You have the gift of passion. Get busy ;)

JPeterman on July 29, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Key West Reader on July 28, 2012 at 10:48 PM

I’m really sorry to hear this & wish you a speedy & full recovery. My aunt is a lung cancer survivor (she had surgery to remove part of one lung, plus chemo, etc). It wasn’t easy going but she’s doing great 10+ years later (and treatment has only gotten better since then). I hope that makes you feel a little better because I know some days may seem hopeless, but you can’t let that kind of thinking overwhelm you.

Dark Star on July 29, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Fried foods cause heart attacks, strokes, and shortens people’s lives.
In other words, EAT UP Sarah and Todd!

inthemiddle on July 28, 2012 at 3:23 PM

From the HA headlines – what the ‘tolerant’ left wishes on Sarah and Todd Palin.

HA is derelict for allowing death threats.

Schadenfreude on July 29, 2012 at 12:09 AM

HA is derelict for allowing death threats.

Schadenfreude on July 29, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Yep.

Bmore on July 29, 2012 at 12:14 AM

OT – What your unlawful thuggish government is up to.

Schadenfreude on July 29, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Absolutely infuriating.

Please pray for our nation and our leaders. America has fallen so far in my lifetime. I do not want to witness or take part in America under complete judgement. We have been blessed with more than any other nation in world’s history with the exception of the short time that Israel actually abided by God’s law. We have been tested and have fallen short. Americans today have become so cynical and demand so little from their political leadership. It is all a horse race to so many. I cannot believe that so many do not demand integrity and honesty anymore. Evil, immoral actions are ignored and even lauded by an ever increasing plurality. The stage is being set for a chapter of American history that I do not believe many willing to imagine or believe possible. The rest of the world is descending into hell at an alarming rate. We call it tolerance. What a lie. We call it multi-culturalism. what a lie. We call it post-modern, progress, politically correct. All lies.

tom daschle concerned on July 29, 2012 at 12:15 AM

KWR- I don’t comment much, but I lurk lots- Prayers ascending from this household for you to feel some peace and comfort.

Kristamatic on July 29, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Fried foods cause heart attacks, strokes, and shortens people’s lives.
In other words, EAT UP Sarah and Todd!

inthemiddle on July 28, 2012 at 3:23 PM

All I can think to call this is righteous hatred. Which beats both jumbo shrimp and military intelligence in the oxymoron category.

Paul-Cincy on July 29, 2012 at 12:16 AM

PS..I am adding a new band into my fold..Pretty cool little band!..:)

Dire Straits on July 29, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Diggin’ The Temper Trap. :) Definitely desk-dancing worthy.

Axe on July 29, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Who are Sarah and Todd?

Rusty Allen on July 29, 2012 at 12:17 AM

We dined at CFA tonight — nearly every table was occupied & the line was almost out the door! Take that, you hateful, anti-1st-Amendment libs!

KS Rex on July 29, 2012 at 12:18 AM

KWR…

The battle against cancer has come a long way – with huge strides being made everyday. You’ll make it. But a positive attitude is a must.

Hill60 on July 29, 2012 at 12:18 AM

You have the gift of passion. Get busy ;)

JPeterman on July 29, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Aw man! I sat down to do and do. But then I wanted to ask ‘jack what she writes, and I never get to see Resist … and then …

(idea!)

You know.

Axe on July 29, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Who are Sarah and Todd?

Rusty Allen on July 29, 2012 at 12:17 AM

They are real people. Hence, they don’t occupy your universe.

kenny on July 29, 2012 at 12:22 AM

KWR…..prayers your way from Possum Holler.

PappyD61 on July 29, 2012 at 12:23 AM

I couldn’t find a ‘chicken’ song…. but how about THIS

thatsafactjack on July 29, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Axe on July 29, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Definitely give their music a listen..You will not be sorry!..:)

Dire Straits on July 29, 2012 at 12:25 AM

I couldn’t find a ‘chicken’ song…. but how about THIS

thatsafactjack on July 29, 2012 at 12:24 AM

“Warning: Air guitar this song only with sunglasses and appropriate head waggling.”

Axe on July 29, 2012 at 12:28 AM

KS Rex on July 29, 2012 at 12:18 AM

I was all excited that we finally had one here. Turns out it is at the student union of the University and it is closed on weekends during the summer.

Grrrrrrrrr.

gophergirl on July 29, 2012 at 12:29 AM

*Heh.

Axe on July 29, 2012 at 12:30 AM

TxAnn56 on July 28, 2012 at 11:01 PM

KWR, your note put life in perspective in one second.

TxAnn56 is absolutely right. MDAnderson center/s in Houston are the best. They aim to eradicate cancer – thus, the word Cancer is stricken with a red line in their name. They also are loaded with money and will contribute in many ways. Also, they have locations outside of Houston, but the main center/s are there.

No words will do, and none are apt, but I send you hugs. Please be here as best you can. You are much loved and respected. May all turn out ok no matter what it takes.

Schadenfreude on July 29, 2012 at 12:30 AM

@thatsafactjack

What genre, jack?

Axe on July 29, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Romney needs to go to chicago and eat at the Chick-fil-a.

Mormontheman on July 29, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Oh, wow — I missed that AP is back doing the QOTD thread. Glad you’re back, AP.

And good night all.

Again, prayers going out to KWR.

Dark Star on July 29, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Chicken Train

novaculus on July 29, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Axe on July 29, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Excellent tune!..You fooled me..I thought for a second you might go this way!..:)

Dire Straits on July 29, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Axe on July 29, 2012 at 12:31 AM

I’m a script consultant and a novelist, primarily.

As to the novels… lately I’ve been working on a film noir style murder mystery set in Old Hollywood… and a period piece set in late Victorian era Midwest.

thatsafactjack on July 29, 2012 at 12:40 AM

Dire Straits on July 29, 2012 at 12:38 AM

lol — I should have. :) Linking this/jamming that.

Rio

Axe on July 29, 2012 at 12:41 AM

KWR, print this out. It’s a storch reminder :)

Schadenfreude on July 29, 2012 at 12:41 AM

I’d Rather Go Blind – Chicken Shack

novaculus on July 29, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Key West Reader

Prayers for your healing, comfort, and peace.

de rigueur on July 29, 2012 at 12:42 AM

thatsafactjack on July 29, 2012 at 12:24 AM

This should qualify shouldn’t it!..:)

Dire Straits on July 29, 2012 at 12:42 AM