Quotes of the day

posted at 8:31 pm on July 28, 2012 by Allahpundit

Mayor Vince Gray today joined the chorus of people who don’t consider themselves fans of Chick-fil-A, the southern fried chicken purveyor that has made national news by contributing money to organizations that oppose same-sex marriage.

After being initially queried on the topic today by Post reporter Tim Craig this afternoon, Gray said that he did not know enough about the restaurant to make a judgement call. But according to mayoral spokesman Pedro Ribeiro, after Gray was briefed by aides on the restaurant and the controversy surrounding it, he asked, “Why would I want one of those in the District?” In a later tweet, Gray added: “Given my longstanding strong support for LGBT rights & marriage equality, I would not support #hatechicken.”

***

[Philadelphia] City Councilman Jim Kenney sent a letter to Chick-fil-A president Dan Cathy telling him to “take a hike and take your intolerance with you.”…

He is introducing a resolution to “condemn this anti-American attitude of trying to deny civil liberties that every American enjoys.”…

Kenney said individuals who do not support gay marriage should understand there are consequences to their belief.

“If he really, truly believes what he believes, that is his right to do so,” he told Fox News. “But there is often a price to pay for that.”

***

In a letter to customers that was posted on Twitter and Facebook Thursday, [Hollywood Chick-fil-A] owner Jeremiah Cillpam promised that customers will continue to receive excellent food and service regardless of “belief, race, creed, sexual orientation or gender.”

Emphasizing the “independently owned and operated” structure of Chick-Fil-A franchises, Cillpam went on to say that he personally spoke to Chick-Fil-A CEO Dan Cathy, who clarified that his controversial comments against gay marriage do not represent every company employee.

More from the letter:

“I know that some of our guests are upset by comments made by Dan Cathy, president of Chick-fil-A Inc. He has made it clear to me those were his personal views, and that his intent was not to speak on behalf of every Chick-fil-A owner. We hope those who are upset will look at their relationship with our restaurant, The Hollywood Chick-fil-A, and allow us to continue to serve them.”

***

Bloomberg said on his weekly radio show on WOR that it is inappropriate for a government entity “to look at somebody’s political views and decide whether or not they can live in the city, or operate a business in the city, or work for somebody in the city.”…

Bloomberg said Menino, Emanuel and Lee are “really are good mayors” but “trampling on the freedom to marry whoever you want is exactly the same as trampling on your freedom to open a store.”

Richard Socarides, a New York lawyer and former Clinton White House adviser on gay rights who is urging a boycott of Chick-fil-A, said Bloomberg is right.

***

I won’t ever give my business to a Chick-fil-A, and I know that many LGBTs and our allies will also stay away. But Chick-fil-A has every right to be in business, in the city of Chicago and elsewhere. I would never want their bigotry to keep them from getting a business license…

Chick-fil-A has the right to follow a Bible that authorizes the killing of children who talk back to their parents. They just can’t actually do that. They have a right to oppose same-sex marriage — and I am really glad that they are boasting about it, because many company leaders feel the same way but hide their positions. That means our gay dollars go to haters and we don’t even know it.

We absolutely can’t have a religious or moral litmus test for getting a business license. Because in the past (or a potential future), that would mean some LGBT businesses might not qualify.

***

As an exercise in sheer political muscle, it’s impressive. But, if you’re a feminist or a gay or any of the other house pets in the Democrat menagerie, you might want to look at Rahm Emanuel’s pirouette, and Menino’s coziness with Islamic homophobia. These guys are about power, and right now your cause happens to coincide with their political advantage. But political winds shift. Once upon a time, Massachusetts burned witches. Now it grills chicken-sandwich homophobes. One day it’ll be something else. Already in Europe, in previously gay-friendly cities like Amsterdam, demographically surging Muslim populations have muted leftie politicians’ commitment to gay rights, feminism, and much else. It’s easy to cheer on the thugs when they’re thuggish in your name. What happens when Emanuel’s political needs change?

Americans talk more about liberty than citizens of other Western nations, but, underneath the rhetorical swagger, liberty bleeds. When Mayor Menino and Alderman Moreno openly threaten to deny business licenses because of ideological apostasy, they’re declaring their unfitness for public office. It’s not about marriage, it’s not about gays, it’s about a basic understanding that a free society requires a decent respect for a wide range of opinion without penalty by the state. In Menino’s Boston, the Freedom Trail is heavy on the Trail, way too light on the Freedom.

***

Can it really be that in America today a businessman can be labeled a bigot, boycotted and cut off by suppliers because of the crime of being a Christian?…

Hopefully many will respond to Mike Huckabee’s appeal to patronize Chick-fil-A on Aug. 1 as a display of support for traditional Christian values and as a reminder that our Constitution protects religious freedom.

Have we really gotten to the point where being a Christian is considered un-American?

***

At the Chick-fil-A outlet at the Woodbridge Center mall, most customers seemed more interested in their chicken nuggets rather than the company’s position on marriage.

“What they do is make food,” said Cheryl Alexander, a 51-year-old mother of seven from Essex County who doesn’t agree with the company’s politics. “Whatever happens out there … they donate money? Who cares? I don’t care.”…

“I don’t like what he said about gay people (but) it’s not going to stop me from coming here,” said [Michele] Helfenbaum, 36, who lives in Staten Island. “I’m definitely not going to boycott it. I’m here for the food.”

***

***

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

***

***

Via Mediaite.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 7

Hope everyone is on their meds tonight…

OmahaConservative on July 28, 2012 at 10:08 PM

I’ll fess up. I’ve had two valium because my degenerative disc is killing me. Too much yard work today in the 103 degree heat.

TxAnn56 on July 28, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Well…I don’t think Inthemiddle was on his/her/its meds this afternoon. Sheesh. The intolerance of Liberals is amazing.

kingsjester on July 28, 2012 at 10:12 PM

I just made my point, now he want to be buds……..;-D

angrymike on July 28, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Buds are good. Say how long before we get to do a full photo exposé on the rod?

Bmore on July 28, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Don’t miss this reminder of the proggie incrementalism we’ve been subjected to re ‘gay marriage’: Guns and Chick-Fil-A -a Matter of Trust

slickwillie2001 on July 28, 2012 at 10:13 PM

kingsjester on July 28, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Normally I might think it was due to the hot summer. In this case I think it’s a safe bet we are witnessing a breakdown. With many more to come, me thinks.

Bmore on July 28, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Fried foods cause heart attacks, strokes, and shortens people’s lives.

In other words, EAT UP Sarah and Todd!

inthemiddle on July 28, 2012 at 3:23 PM

I’m taking a van of gay couples for the CFA Kiss-In on Friday, August 3. We’re hoping to find the most conservative looking families so they get the best views! Can’t wait!

inthemiddle on July 28, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Maybe we should look at gay people with this guy in mind. Seeing twitchy/twitter comments and the reactions of gays across the country to the Chic-fil-a guy, inthemiddle seems to be quite mainstream gay. Very representative of gays.

jaime on July 28, 2012 at 10:15 PM

What kind of a hateful person would call any and everyone who does not support “gay” “marriage” a hater? That doesn’t seem gay at all to be so filled with so much hate – to have such a hatred for a majority of the people on earth. What about someone who does not support heterosexual marriage?Do they hate them? I don’t think Hugh Hefner ever supported that. Do they call him a hater? How about Bill Clinton? Does he support heterosexual marriage? I mean really? He would probably like to have it banned. But then given what he is married to, who could blame him.

VorDaj on July 28, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Key west reader
Most excellent song, more ppl should listen to it…………

angrymike on July 28, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Why can’t you nanny state right wingers stay the heck out of people’s bedrooms?

Uppereastside on May 31, 2012 at 4:33 PM

If a Gay couple is recognized as married, then their homosexuality no longer remains in the privacy of their bedroom.

That’s a part of why Gay marriage is being rejected.
Why can’t you stop being a defiant atheist ?

listens2glenn on July 28, 2012 at 10:17 PM

I haven’t read all of the comments, so don’t know if this point has been made.

Do the libs realize that they are targeting SMALL businesses? These stores are franchised!

They are middle class people just trying to earn a living and, hopefully, will be able to open more franchises to get ahead. Sheesh! Will this crap ever end?

kakypat on July 28, 2012 at 10:17 PM

One thing I find so annoying about militant homosexual groups (and militant atheists, liberals, and Muslims) is that while they run about squawking about their beliefs all over the place (and in public), insulting and condemning other people and other people’s belief, and some of them claim to be about tolerance, they try to shut down or demonize anyone who even so much as states a differing view point even in a most civil manner.

Christians or anyone who disagrees with them about anything (and who dares to express it0 get hate mail, lawsuits, or harassed in other ways.

The outpouring of hatred over a chicken restaurant, all over one of the employees/owners expressing his view (and he was not hateful about it) is ridiculous.

TigerPaw on July 28, 2012 at 10:18 PM

So when you do this, do you jump up and down and hold your crotch and laugh with glee?

Or, do stand at a van that you rented, all alone, waiting for riders that will never come?

Key West Reader on July 28, 2012 at 9:49 PM

I think ITM lives in a van down by the river.

TxAnn56 on July 28, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Maybe the van is from her airport park-and-ride job.

slickwillie2001 on July 28, 2012 at 10:18 PM

B
soon, were replacing the rear tomorrow, get some out side shots………

angrymike on July 28, 2012 at 10:18 PM

I think ITM lives in a van down by the river.

TxAnn56 on July 28, 2012 at 9:55 PM

One of the greatest SNL skits ever.

ButterflyDragon on July 28, 2012 at 10:19 PM

You can’t help but wonder what they would they be saying if Obama hadn’t flip-flopped a couple of months ago.

The Count on July 28, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Our anniversary was this past mid-week, so DH & I planned on the ‘dinner & a movie’ for this weekend.
Once we chose the flick, and realized it was showing @ our mall, we decided to make our ‘dinner’ some CFA !!
(our closest store).
THAT meant changing original timing to mean TODAY, because CFA is the only closed mall vendor on Sundays. No problem for us … AND it was all delicious.
Now, we WERE a bit surprised that the lines weren’t as long as we’d expected, but as we were eating, it dawned on us both …
all of the other food vendors were staffed with MAYBE 2 workers ! They were doing their best to keep up with their customers, but looking very rushed and flustered.
At CFA, there were SIX + pleasant, efficient, smiling servers (and I use that word on purpose), and hubby brought over our food before I could even find a table in the food court. No time for lines to last long. They WERE constantly busy, tho.
This company walks in His graces & blessings, and it’s very obvious to anyone who’ll look with open eyes.

P.S. The Dark Knight Rises in IMAX was mostest awesome.
Nearly 3 hours of greatness, that NEVER dragged. Coolness.
hehe

pambi on July 28, 2012 at 10:22 PM

soon, were replacing the rear tomorrow, get some out side shots………

angrymike on July 28, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Good deal. We have to do some nice shots finished. You have been taking shots of it in process, yes?

Bmore on July 28, 2012 at 10:22 PM

We are all gay now

Electrongod on July 28, 2012 at 10:22 PM

angrymike on July 28, 2012 at 10:16 PM

You called me “stench” the other night.

Key West Reader on July 28, 2012 at 10:23 PM

We are all gay now

Electrongod on July 28, 2012 at 10:22 PM

So,….you want to grab a drink. Wink wink.

Bmore on July 28, 2012 at 10:24 PM

soon, were replacing the rear tomorrow, get some out side shots………

angrymike on July 28, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Bmore on July 28, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Ghey much?

Key West Reader on July 28, 2012 at 10:26 PM

kakypat on July 28, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Who else is targeting small businesses? Hmmm, let me think….

If you’ve got a business. you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. ……………
……………..King Obama, Friday, July 13, 2012

Just part of the plan I assume.

JPeterman on July 28, 2012 at 10:26 PM

So,….you want to grab a drink. Wink wink.

Bmore on July 28, 2012 at 10:24 PM

I had to chuckle at that one. Isn’t it nice that we have this refuge from all the intolerance out there, except of course gnats like ITM? I can openly say that I cling to my guns and chicken and am proud of it.

TxAnn56 on July 28, 2012 at 10:27 PM

So,….you want to grab a drink. Wink wink.

Bmore on July 28, 2012 at 10:24 PM

I already did…:)

Electrongod on July 28, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Electrongod on July 28, 2012 at 10:22 PM

So,….you want to grab a drink. Wink wink.

Bmore on July 28, 2012 at 10:24 PM

There’s another “say no more, squire” moment.

listens2glenn on July 28, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Ghey much?

Key West Reader on July 28, 2012 at 10:26 PM

LOL!

Bmore on July 28, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Bmore on July 28, 2012 at 10:24 PM

L

Key West Reader on July 28, 2012 at 10:28 PM

inthemiddle on July 28, 2012 at 9:33 PM

You’re a hateful person.

massrighty on July 28, 2012 at 10:29 PM

B
from beginning to the end, its gonna be in process for another year, paint, front suspension and trunk over this winter. Baby steps………;-)

angrymike on July 28, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Ghey much?

Key West Reader on July 28, 2012 at 10:26 PM

KWR beat me to it.

predator on July 28, 2012 at 10:29 PM

notice to the GhayZ – this is why no one takes you seriously

Slade73 on July 28, 2012 at 10:30 PM

So,….you want to grab a drink. Wink wink.

Bmore on July 28, 2012 at 10:24 PM

I already did…:)

Electrongod on July 28, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Which reminds me. *clink*

predator on July 28, 2012 at 10:30 PM

My ambivalence towards gay marriage has now been changed to hard opposition.

darwin on July 28, 2012 at 10:30 PM

Bmore on July 28, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Key West Reader on July 28, 2012 at 10:30 PM

anyone know how the Texas Primary went .. did Cruz get it ??

conservative tarheel on July 28, 2012 at 10:30 PM

Since you’re so fearless and love to cram your agenda down other’s throats, why don’t you try that at a Muslim restaurant and see what happens. Find the families wearing the full burqas and make sure they get the best view, then get back to us.

TxAnn56 on July 28, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Fat chance. Where’s the gay boycott of Chicado and Rahm Emanuel for inviting in the Nation of Islam Leader who advocates murder of homosexuals, Farrakhan?

Hypocrites, the lot of them.

tdpwells on July 28, 2012 at 10:30 PM

For real?

JPeterman on July 28, 2012 at 9:20 PM

For real. During the showing of the HHS’ premiere of the anti-bullying film, she fell asleep. The documentary, kids were instructed not to call others “hurtful names” like “stupid,” “fat” and “jerk.”

During a Q & A following a screening of the film, Sebelius was asked for her advice to kids being bullied, and that advice included telling the bully in question to “stop it, you’re being a jerk.”

Smart Power.

Resist We Much on July 28, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Just part of the plan I assume.

JPeterman on July 28, 2012 at 10:26 PM

I don’t know why I’m surprised that they would be so blatant about it, and are able to draw so much support.

Sick…isn’t it?

kakypat on July 28, 2012 at 10:31 PM

IN the documentary, kids were instructed not to call others “hurtful names” like “stupid,” “fat” and “jerk.”

Typo

hawkdriver on July 28, 2012 at 10:32 PM

erase erase erase

*sigh*

*deep breath*

Axe on July 28, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Key west reader
not sure why, but I let things go, never a grudge. As I tried to tell people last night, we have bigger fish to fry………..

angrymike on July 28, 2012 at 10:33 PM

You’re a hateful person.

massrighty on July 28, 2012 at 10:29 PM

ITM probably has a pentagram hanging from its rearview mirror in the gay toting van versus your normal pair of fuzzy dice or one of those pine air fresheners.

TxAnn56 on July 28, 2012 at 10:33 PM

My ambivalence towards gay marriage has now been changed to hard opposition.

darwin on July 28, 2012 at 10:30 PM

Whole lot of us leaning that direction now…that previously were ambivalent…

Tim Zank on July 28, 2012 at 10:33 PM

We are all gay now

Electrongod on July 28, 2012 at 10:22 PM

There’s another “say no more, squire” moment.

listens2glenn on July 28, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Ed got me watching Python the other day. Reminded me of these two skits blended together.

Bmore on July 28, 2012 at 10:33 PM

They would impress me more if they went down to a local Halal meat market protest there…

Caper29 on July 28, 2012 at 10:34 PM

inthemiddle on July 28, 2012 at 9:33 PM

I thought Lucky Pierre got the ban hammer???

Isn’t wishing death on Americans a ban-able offence?

Resist We Much on July 28, 2012 at 10:34 PM

JPeterman on July 28, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Sick…isn’t it?

kakypat on July 28, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Actually, it’s tyrannical.

kakypat on July 28, 2012 at 10:34 PM

My ambivalence towards gay marriage has now been changed to hard opposition.

darwin on July 28, 2012 at 10:30 PM

Hey, me too. I didn’t care before. Now I’m against it.

SparkPlug on July 28, 2012 at 10:34 PM

inthemiddle on July 28, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Go to a Muslim country ?
What the hang, all he has to do is go to Dearborn, Michigan.
Let these proponents of Gay Marriage conduct one of their protests in Dearborn, and see what happens.

listens2glenn on July 28, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Key West Reader on July 28, 2012 at 9:49 PM

…yep!…come and try that in Dearborn!…they’ll be holding their crotch all right!…but it won’t be to pee…and it won’t be with glee!…and if you ask me!…their pecker will need an APB!

KOOLAID2 on July 28, 2012 at 10:35 PM

angrymike on July 28, 2012 at 10:33 PM

You are an ass kisser.

Key West Reader on July 28, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Which reminds me. *clink*

predator on July 28, 2012 at 10:30 PM

*clink!* and *clinks!* to everyone!

Bmore on July 28, 2012 at 10:36 PM

*clunk*

goes the aluminum can…

Tall one tonite..

And that’s not gay…

Electrongod on July 28, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Having a few Bud Light Platinums along with a few Jim Beam “enhancers.”

Enhancement is good.

predator on July 28, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Slade
I always thought you had a little sugar in the tank…….lmao

angrymike on July 28, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Rogerb-

You rock, dude.

wolly4321 on July 28, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Smart Power.

Resist We Much on July 28, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Ha! I must have been absent that day LOL.

BTW, I read your little rant today in another thread about last nights fiasco. I’m not sure how I would feel if my home country put on such a disgraceful display. The whole world has gone mad.

JPeterman on July 28, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Key west reader
Now I see why I said what I said……….I really dislike keyboard tough guys……..

angrymike on July 28, 2012 at 10:38 PM

anyone know how the Texas Primary went .. did Cruz get it ??

conservative tarheel on July 28, 2012 at 10:30 PM

We’ll know on Tuesday.

TxAnn56 on July 28, 2012 at 10:39 PM

I hit CFA during my lunch hour today. It was busy-but not packed. My #1 deluxe w/ sweet tea extra ice…well it hit the spot.

annoyinglittletwerp on July 28, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Key west reader
Now I see why I said what I said……….I really dislike keyboard tough guys……..

angrymike on July 28, 2012 at 10:38 PM

KWR is a HA BABE, and tough to boot…

OmahaConservative on July 28, 2012 at 10:40 PM

angrymike on July 28, 2012 at 10:33 PM

You are an ass kisser.

Key West Reader on July 28, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Key, from an old friend, this is not like you. Not at all. (I hope I’m missing a big inside joke here.)

hawkdriver on July 28, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Enhancement is good.

predator on July 28, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Next time I am up..

Bmore?

Electrongod on July 28, 2012 at 10:41 PM

anyone know how the Texas Primary went .. did Cruz get it ??

conservative tarheel on July 28, 2012 at 10:30 PM

The election is this coming Tuesday.
Early voting ended today, and reports are turnout was HUGE !

pambi on July 28, 2012 at 10:41 PM

angrymike on July 28, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Ass kisser

Key West Reader on July 28, 2012 at 10:41 PM

My ambivalence towards gay marriage has now been changed to hard opposition.When people can no longer voice an opinion without being attacked verbally, physically or financially it’s time to fight.

darwin on July 28, 2012 at 10:30 PM

Yep. Me too.

a capella on July 28, 2012 at 10:42 PM

TxAnn56 on July 28, 2012 at 10:39 PM

I might be working as a Cruz Poll watcher. He is NOT doing well in Lubbock early voting.

annoyinglittletwerp on July 28, 2012 at 10:42 PM

BREAKING NEWS!

Chick-fil-A, in order to avoid any further controversy with the ghey community, has agreed to change their name to Chic-fil-A and will immediately start serving Chicken Pecker Wraps.
////

predator on July 28, 2012 at 10:42 PM

I always thought you had a little sugar in the tank…….lmao

angrymike on July 28, 2012 at 10:37 PM

haha

I’m actually super Ghay but I like chickin more than c0ck

Slade73 on July 28, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Enhancement is good.

predator on July 28, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Next time I am up..

Bmore?

Electrongod on July 28, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Yes, please, appreciate it.; )

Bmore on July 28, 2012 at 10:43 PM

angrymike on July 28, 2012 at 10:33 PM

You are an ass kisser.

Key West Reader on July 28, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Not necessary. angrymike is a very good fellow.

Now did we ever establish if the naughty pics of Obama’s mom from last week were real or not? Because he has sure been riding us (USA) dirty, as good old Jeremiah Wright would say.

arnold ziffel on July 28, 2012 at 10:44 PM

I’m actually super Ghay but I like chickin more than c0ck

Slade73 on July 28, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Extra points for nice use of a 0.

Bmore on July 28, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Yes, please, appreciate it.; )

Bmore on July 28, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Electrongod on July 28, 2012 at 10:45 PM

JPeterman on July 28, 2012 at 9:56 PM

So Palin and Bloomberg? That’s it? Huh.

Dongemaharu on July 28, 2012 at 10:46 PM

hawkdriver on July 28, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Hawk, I am nog doing well. Just leave it at tnat.

Key West Reader on July 28, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Sick…isn’t it?

kakypat on July 28, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Actually, it’s tyrannical.

kakypat on July 28, 2012 at 10:34 PM

It is or as KWR said, it’s chaos and I’m sick of it. I’m hoping that we all will feel as good on November 8th as I felt on November 29, 1989. The madness needs to be stopped but I fear the worst is yet to come.

JPeterman on July 28, 2012 at 10:47 PM

I have cancer.

there it is.

annoyinglittletwerp on July 28, 2012 at 10:42 PM

He’s doing well down in Houston because he’s from here, but I can’t gauge the other areas. I would think he’d be doing well in Lubbock because for some reason I think of it as part of the heartland. From what I read, early voting had quadrupled and I think Dewhurst has turned off alot of people with his slimy ads.

TxAnn56 on July 28, 2012 at 10:49 PM

JPeterman on July 28, 2012 at 10:37 PM

It is absolutely disgraceful. Truly. Can you imagine what would have happened if a country had demanded to be separated from black players? Would the IOC or the London committee have capitulated? Before the racist country could have threatened to leave, the Western countries would have said, “you put up that barrier/wall and WE are leaving!”

Let the Lebanese and other Arab countries leave. If they can’t train or take the field with Israeli athletes, then the United States, Britain and the rest of the civilised world shouldn’t be sharing the field with the uncouth, racist, bigoted barbarians anyway.

PRESIDENT ROGGE & SEBASTIAN COE, THE LORD COE, TEAR. DOWN. THAT. WALL!

Resist We Much on July 28, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Slade
speaking of sugar, check your mail…….;-D

angrymike on July 28, 2012 at 10:49 PM

100 days.

wolly4321 on July 28, 2012 at 10:49 PM

I have cancer.

there it is.

Key West Reader on July 28, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Prayers still ascending for you darlin;
Wish I could do more…

OmahaConservative on July 28, 2012 at 10:50 PM

hawkdriver on July 28, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Hawk, I am nog doing well. Just leave it at tnat.

Key West Reader on July 28, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Prayers to you and write me here for anything you might need.

hawkcontractor@gmail.com

hawkdriver on July 28, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Key West Reader on July 28, 2012 at 10:48 PM

You know we all love you. If you want to talk about it, we’re here. If you don’t,..what can we do to help? A lot of us have had some experience with that.

a capella on July 28, 2012 at 10:51 PM

no way that’s a man Angry Mike

No. Way. ;)

Slade73 on July 28, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Key West Reader on July 28, 2012 at 10:48 PM

My God, Key. Wet eyes here.

hawkdriver on July 28, 2012 at 10:52 PM

I have cancer.

there it is.

Key West Reader on July 28, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Very sorry to hear that. My best.

predator on July 28, 2012 at 10:52 PM

I have cancer.

there it is.

Key West Reader on July 28, 2012 at 10:48 PM

My heart breaks a little more tonight, I will say prayers for you Kay Dub.

Rio Linda Refugee on July 28, 2012 at 10:52 PM

*hug*

annoyinglittletwerp on July 28, 2012 at 10:52 PM

….From what I read, early voting had quadrupled and I think Dewhurst has turned off alot of people with his slimy ads.
TxAnn56 on July 28, 2012 at 10:49 PM

I’m up in the metroplex, and can concur with this assessment.
Prayers.

pambi on July 28, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Key West Reader on July 28, 2012 at 10:48 PM

…well I won’t stop praying until you give me other news! Love you KWR!

KOOLAID2 on July 28, 2012 at 10:53 PM

KWR… man, I’m speechless. Prayers.

wolly4321 on July 28, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Key west reader
I’m really sorry to hear, prayers headed to you, fight, you’ll be ok………

angrymike on July 28, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Key West Reader on July 28, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Major prayers going your way KWR. A former next door neighbor had stage IV non hodgkins lymphoma and has been cancer free for years. A lady that did some light house work for my parents before they passed away has had liver cancer for two years and the tumors are now shrinking. Keep the faith my friend.

TxAnn56 on July 28, 2012 at 10:53 PM

I think the homosexuals prefer beef, no?

the new aesthetic on July 28, 2012 at 10:54 PM

I have cancer.

there it is.

Sad to here this..

What kind…if I might ask…

Electrongod on July 28, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Key West Reader: so sorry to hear, however, you can beat this. Godspeed.

the new aesthetic on July 28, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Key West Reader on July 28, 2012 at 10:48 PM

I’m filled with sorrow. We love having you here.

jaime on July 28, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Key West Reader on July 28, 2012 at 10:48 PM

I’m so sorry to hear that. All the best. Know that we are pulling for you!

And, despite last night’s tribute to the “glorious NHS,” I am very grateful that you will NOT be in the NHS system, which has the lowest cardiac and cancer survival rates in the developed world. Of course, the dancing nurses and trampolining children forgot those salient facts, among others.

Resist We Much on July 28, 2012 at 10:56 PM

I have cancer.

there it is.

Key West Reader on July 28, 2012 at 10:48 PM

You know we love you. What can we do? What can I do? Please.

Bmore on July 28, 2012 at 10:56 PM