Quotes of the day

posted at 8:31 pm on July 28, 2012 by Allahpundit

Mayor Vince Gray today joined the chorus of people who don’t consider themselves fans of Chick-fil-A, the southern fried chicken purveyor that has made national news by contributing money to organizations that oppose same-sex marriage.

After being initially queried on the topic today by Post reporter Tim Craig this afternoon, Gray said that he did not know enough about the restaurant to make a judgement call. But according to mayoral spokesman Pedro Ribeiro, after Gray was briefed by aides on the restaurant and the controversy surrounding it, he asked, “Why would I want one of those in the District?” In a later tweet, Gray added: “Given my longstanding strong support for LGBT rights & marriage equality, I would not support #hatechicken.”

***

[Philadelphia] City Councilman Jim Kenney sent a letter to Chick-fil-A president Dan Cathy telling him to “take a hike and take your intolerance with you.”…

He is introducing a resolution to “condemn this anti-American attitude of trying to deny civil liberties that every American enjoys.”…

Kenney said individuals who do not support gay marriage should understand there are consequences to their belief.

“If he really, truly believes what he believes, that is his right to do so,” he told Fox News. “But there is often a price to pay for that.”

***

In a letter to customers that was posted on Twitter and Facebook Thursday, [Hollywood Chick-fil-A] owner Jeremiah Cillpam promised that customers will continue to receive excellent food and service regardless of “belief, race, creed, sexual orientation or gender.”

Emphasizing the “independently owned and operated” structure of Chick-Fil-A franchises, Cillpam went on to say that he personally spoke to Chick-Fil-A CEO Dan Cathy, who clarified that his controversial comments against gay marriage do not represent every company employee.

More from the letter:

“I know that some of our guests are upset by comments made by Dan Cathy, president of Chick-fil-A Inc. He has made it clear to me those were his personal views, and that his intent was not to speak on behalf of every Chick-fil-A owner. We hope those who are upset will look at their relationship with our restaurant, The Hollywood Chick-fil-A, and allow us to continue to serve them.”

***

Bloomberg said on his weekly radio show on WOR that it is inappropriate for a government entity “to look at somebody’s political views and decide whether or not they can live in the city, or operate a business in the city, or work for somebody in the city.”…

Bloomberg said Menino, Emanuel and Lee are “really are good mayors” but “trampling on the freedom to marry whoever you want is exactly the same as trampling on your freedom to open a store.”

Richard Socarides, a New York lawyer and former Clinton White House adviser on gay rights who is urging a boycott of Chick-fil-A, said Bloomberg is right.

***

I won’t ever give my business to a Chick-fil-A, and I know that many LGBTs and our allies will also stay away. But Chick-fil-A has every right to be in business, in the city of Chicago and elsewhere. I would never want their bigotry to keep them from getting a business license…

Chick-fil-A has the right to follow a Bible that authorizes the killing of children who talk back to their parents. They just can’t actually do that. They have a right to oppose same-sex marriage — and I am really glad that they are boasting about it, because many company leaders feel the same way but hide their positions. That means our gay dollars go to haters and we don’t even know it.

We absolutely can’t have a religious or moral litmus test for getting a business license. Because in the past (or a potential future), that would mean some LGBT businesses might not qualify.

***

As an exercise in sheer political muscle, it’s impressive. But, if you’re a feminist or a gay or any of the other house pets in the Democrat menagerie, you might want to look at Rahm Emanuel’s pirouette, and Menino’s coziness with Islamic homophobia. These guys are about power, and right now your cause happens to coincide with their political advantage. But political winds shift. Once upon a time, Massachusetts burned witches. Now it grills chicken-sandwich homophobes. One day it’ll be something else. Already in Europe, in previously gay-friendly cities like Amsterdam, demographically surging Muslim populations have muted leftie politicians’ commitment to gay rights, feminism, and much else. It’s easy to cheer on the thugs when they’re thuggish in your name. What happens when Emanuel’s political needs change?

Americans talk more about liberty than citizens of other Western nations, but, underneath the rhetorical swagger, liberty bleeds. When Mayor Menino and Alderman Moreno openly threaten to deny business licenses because of ideological apostasy, they’re declaring their unfitness for public office. It’s not about marriage, it’s not about gays, it’s about a basic understanding that a free society requires a decent respect for a wide range of opinion without penalty by the state. In Menino’s Boston, the Freedom Trail is heavy on the Trail, way too light on the Freedom.

***

Can it really be that in America today a businessman can be labeled a bigot, boycotted and cut off by suppliers because of the crime of being a Christian?…

Hopefully many will respond to Mike Huckabee’s appeal to patronize Chick-fil-A on Aug. 1 as a display of support for traditional Christian values and as a reminder that our Constitution protects religious freedom.

Have we really gotten to the point where being a Christian is considered un-American?

***

At the Chick-fil-A outlet at the Woodbridge Center mall, most customers seemed more interested in their chicken nuggets rather than the company’s position on marriage.

“What they do is make food,” said Cheryl Alexander, a 51-year-old mother of seven from Essex County who doesn’t agree with the company’s politics. “Whatever happens out there … they donate money? Who cares? I don’t care.”…

“I don’t like what he said about gay people (but) it’s not going to stop me from coming here,” said [Michele] Helfenbaum, 36, who lives in Staten Island. “I’m definitely not going to boycott it. I’m here for the food.”

***

***

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

***

***

Via Mediaite.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 7

Former CPS hoops star one of five shot dead in 12 hours in Chicago

Why yes, he sure is a good mayor.

JPeterman on July 28, 2012 at 8:45 PM

I saw your comment and had to add this:

Emanuel has called tougher gun laws a pivotal piece of Chicago’s crime-fighting strategy and his efforts to reduce a nearly 40 percent spike in homicides.

And yes, Ald. Edward M. Burke (14th) brags that Chicago probably has one of the toughest municipal gun laws.

They never, ever accept consequences that don’t fit their meme.

INC on July 28, 2012 at 9:26 PM

That’s about the best example of liblogic I’ve seen: Let’s protect “civil liberties” (as I personally, broadly define civil liberties because we aren’t talking about restaurants denying service to gay people, or not hiring gay people based on the fact that they are gay, so just go with me here on this somehow being about “civil liberties”) by trampling on the First Amendment.

When even Nanny Bloomberg is like “Whoa! Y’all done lost your minds!” you know you’ve gone so far over the line you can’t even see the line anymore.

Dark Star on July 28, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Nikkia2112 on July 28, 2012 at 9:21 PM

I liked your post. Don’t worry about the unhinged lefties. I have ditched several friends when they started turning into raging fluffing’ nutters.

You don’t need those kinds in your life.

SparkPlug on July 28, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Having to point out the INTOLERANCE and hypocrisy in that statement is an exercise in trying to reason with a bag of rocks: you can explain and explain and explain and…but the rocks and the bag they’re in will just sit there and continue on being rocks in a bag.

I’d laugh at “City Councilman Jim Kenney” but I try not to ridicule people with rocks where brain matter ought to be.

Lourdes on July 28, 2012 at 9:03 PM

In addition, what he has done is set up his city for a law suit. Chik-fil-A does not discriminate in its business, thus the city has no standing to deny licenses or authorization to build their business in that city. The owner, Dan Cathy, has donated to political and religious causes using money he has earned by selling a product people want and like. They traded their money for sandwiches, the money is now his to do with as he sees fit. If the city discriminates against any franchise of his, his lawyers should descend with full wrath upon that city. This would be the same as an old-south city council telling a business that supported desegregation to “get out, they aren’t wanted here”. Imagine the outcry.

AZfederalist on July 28, 2012 at 9:27 PM

That means our gay dollars go to haters and we don’t even know it.

Gay dollars?

Do they have Paul Lynde”s portrait on it? Liberace on 100′s?

ButterflyDragon on July 28, 2012 at 9:28 PM

A “friend” on my FB page, whom I subsequently dropped, actually asked if my son learned to hate gays at camp. Seriously? I can’t even begin to wrap my brain around the vile mind of liberals.
Nikkia2112 on July 28, 2012 at 9:21 PM

When liberals are in charge of children, they try very hard to teach them to love homosexuality.

And that is a very bad thing.

logis on July 28, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Let him go live in Muslim country and see what price he’d pay for being gay. If they want to spew their wrath at someone, spew it at Muslims who have zero tolerance for gays.

TxAnn56 on July 28, 2012 at 9:28 PM

…it’s the ECONOMY stupid…!!!
(:->)

KOOLAID2 on July 28, 2012 at 9:17 PM

the media and the left loves shiny things … that way they don’t have
to talk about the economy …..

conservative tarheel on July 28, 2012 at 9:29 PM

We should all dust off our tuxedos and wedding gowns, and wear them to lunch at Chick-Filet next week.

……… and order everything on the menu.

fogw on July 28, 2012 at 9:29 PM

Hit the drive thru @ waterford lakes earlier today. The line went once around the building from the drive thru window … as always.

And I do mean “always.”

BD57 on July 28, 2012 at 9:30 PM

SparkPlug on July 28, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Not so much, but thanks for asking.

Key West Reader on July 28, 2012 at 9:30 PM

and I won’t be quoting him again until I see him posting.

rogerb on July 28, 2012 at 9:09 PM

inthemiddle on July 28, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Alrighty then.

rogerb on July 28, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Evenin’ all.

They had a Chick-fil-A at EIU when I went there. Loved it. The waffle fries are to die for. I wish they had one here.

predator on July 28, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Evening predator, sounds like all is well. ; )

Bmore on July 28, 2012 at 9:32 PM

excerpt: Allahpundit

That point was reached a long time ago . . . within the “dominant culture of Professional Journalism”.

The issue here, is how much longer will our fellow Americans allow Professional Journalists to define what is right and wrong; what is good and evil, for all of us.
BTW, great link Allah’. I do love Star Parker ! : )

listens2glenn on July 28, 2012 at 9:33 PM

And that is a very bad thing.

logis on July 28, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Don’t I know it! Last year my second grader was taught that Jimmy Carter is a “Georgia Hero” and was assigned to write a report chronicling his awesomeness. That was the final straw. He and my 5 year old will start private Christian school in the fall.

Nikkia2112 on July 28, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Meet the White Barack Hussein Obama

Key West Reader on July 28, 2012 at 9:33 PM

I’m taking a van of gay couples for the CFA Kiss-In on Friday, August 3. We’re hoping to find the most conservative looking families so they get the best views! Can’t wait!

Alrighty then.

rogerb on July 28, 2012 at 9:31 PM

LOL!

Bmore on July 28, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Screw all those lefties. I’m not a big fan of Chick-Fil-A’s food, but when they came out with the spicy chicken sandwich (yeah, it’s hot), I found something I liked. I’ll be eating there on Wednesday.

Ward Cleaver on July 28, 2012 at 9:35 PM

inthemiddle on July 28, 2012 at 9:33 PM

This is what you do with your life? Pretty pathetic.

Dr Evil on July 28, 2012 at 9:36 PM

I am so sick of these gay thug activists banging their spoons on their high chairs because someone has the audicity to believe in the 2,000 year old tradition of marriage. It’s their way or the high way, the intolerant hypocrites. I’m sorry, but I don’t see what makes someone so special just because they copulate with the same gender.

TxAnn56 on July 28, 2012 at 9:06 PM

I agree totally, but enjoy it. The more they bang their spoons the more they irritate the average person. This is advertising for the business that money just can’t buy and they weren’t trying.

And, as another poster said, the left aren’t even hiding their intolerance and bully tactics. This is wonderful and should be encouraged!

This will eventually and in the long run kill any momentum made by Obama’s pandering to the gay community and also give us wonderful examples of exactly what liberals are.

MOAR PLEEZ.

kim roy on July 28, 2012 at 9:36 PM

so looking fwd to my next spicy chicken sammy ….
hmmm maybe monday …..
the lines are long .. but worth it …. love the waffle fries ….

conservative tarheel on July 28, 2012 at 9:36 PM

My,my look at you.

Fried foods cause heart attacks, strokes, and shortens people’s lives.

In other words, EAT UP Sarah and Todd!

inthemiddle on July 28, 2012 at 3:23 PM

Sounds like fun. You having a nervous breakdown yet? How did the breeze feel?

Bmore on July 28, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Chicago and Boston’s mayors should be ashamed of themselves.

But – they have no shame.

TimBuk3 on July 28, 2012 at 9:36 PM

As a cattle rancher, all I got to say is: Eeet Mor Kowz!

TXUS on July 28, 2012 at 9:23 PM

CHORTLE
SNORT
CHORTLE

Rio Linda Refugee on July 28, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Uh-Oh, NOWWW you’ve done it, suggested STEAK on this thread, ohmygolly, lookout.

;)

Lourdes on July 28, 2012 at 9:36 PM

This is what you do with your life? Pretty pathetic.

Dr Evil on July 28, 2012 at 9:36 PM

No one cares. And when no one notices, these clowns will have to escalate their shenanigans…

Just clowns.

tom daschle concerned on July 28, 2012 at 9:37 PM

inthemiddle on July 28, 2012 at 9:33 PM

If they don’t order any food, I hope they get arrested for trespassing. It’s sad how this country has turned upside down. God have mercy on us.

Ward Cleaver on July 28, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Evening predator, sounds like all is well. ; )

Bmore on July 28, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Howdy podnah! Yep. Everything’s good here. Well, except for no Chick-fil-A.:(

My new slogan:

Eat Chick-fil-A and p!ss off a ghey!

predator on July 28, 2012 at 9:38 PM

I found something I liked. I’ll be eating there on Wednesday.

Ward Cleaver on July 28, 2012 at 9:35 PM

ok monday AND wednesday …..

conservative tarheel on July 28, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Not to sound to cavalier here, but my guess is a large percentage of gay people will continue to eat there….Just because the ass-less chaps crowd is barking loudly doesn’t mean the majority of gay people are totally insane does it??

Tim Zank on July 28, 2012 at 9:38 PM

They never, ever accept consequences that don’t fit their meme.

INC on July 28, 2012 at 9:26 PM

I wonder how that Louie Farakhan and his bow-tied security forces are
working out? Anyone know if there is a Jewish gang problem in Chicago?

JPeterman on July 28, 2012 at 9:38 PM

inthemiddle on July 28, 2012 at 9:33 PM

I plan on working so I can pay for your health insurance…

Electrongod on July 28, 2012 at 9:39 PM

inthemiddle on July 28, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Since you’re so fearless and love to cram your agenda down other’s throats, why don’t you try that at a Muslim restaurant and see what happens. Find the families wearing the full burqas and make sure they get the best view, then get back to us.

TxAnn56 on July 28, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Chicago and Boston’s mayors should be ashamed of themselves.

But – they have no shame.

TimBuk3 on July 28, 2012 at 9:36 PM

they are DEMS …. shame is not in their DNA ….

conservative tarheel on July 28, 2012 at 9:39 PM

How did the breeze feel?

Bmore on July 28, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Oh, for a moment there, I thought you were talking about the whistling that ITM hears as air enters one ear, rattles around in that empty cavity, and exits out the other ear, but then I thought, “he’s used to that, being an empty-headed liberal and all”. Then I realized to what you were referring.

AZfederalist on July 28, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Oh my. We are in a time warp

Biden

Key West Reader on July 28, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Ward Cleaver on July 28, 2012 at 9:37 PM

But they’re pissed Ward, because we “pry into their private lives.” I get it!!!/

hawkdriver on July 28, 2012 at 9:40 PM

inthemiddle on July 28, 2012 at 9:33 PM

What a brilliant way to win the hearts and minds of people.

jackazz…..

Tim Zank on July 28, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Nikkia2112 on July 28, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Mom, you missed a golden opportunity to shotgun some poop all over the teacher. The second grader should have written about Jimmah’s many many missteps. He was awesome alright. :)

arnold ziffel on July 28, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Old and busted:

we shouldn’t accept bigotry in the name of keeping a “free society”.

inthemiddle on July 28, 2012 at 9:21 PM

12 minutes later new hotness:

rogerb on July 28, 2012 at 9:41 PM

inthemiddle on July 28, 2012 at 9:33 PM

So now you’ve moved onto stone throwing, eh?

You do realize, or I hope you might, that everyone will be feeling very, very sorry for you and your “Kiss-In” and there will almost certainly be a very large prayer circle going up to assist you in your struggles with what possesses you.

I feel sorry for you and for your “van of…” It’s not “‘gay’ marriage” you want but attention and everyone else in a pen.

Lourdes on July 28, 2012 at 9:41 PM

inthemiddle on July 28, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Please come to Auburn, AL and do that. Please. Nothing to do with homosexuals: I want students to see a real racist.

AubieJon on July 28, 2012 at 9:41 PM

inthemiddle on July 28, 2012 at 9:33 PM

You’re not old enough to drive, but thanks for the laugh.

JPeterman on July 28, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Electrongod on July 28, 2012 at 8:37 PM

I hope Rosanne Barr wakes up, like Gregor Samsa, to discover that… she really is Rosanne Barr. And there’s no cure.

de rigueur on July 28, 2012 at 8:43 PM

I’m placing that one on my list of “All Time Great Comments”, de rigueur.

Oh, YEAHHH ! ! !

: )

listens2glenn on July 28, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Evening predator, sounds like all is well. ; )

Bmore on July 28, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Howdy podnah! Yep. Everything’s good here. Well, except for no Chick-fil-A.:(

My new slogan:

Eat Chick-fil-A and p!ss off a ghey!

predator on July 28, 2012 at 9:38 PM

LOL! Good one. All my gay friends down here in Ga love them some Chick-fli-a.

Bmore on July 28, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Since you’re so fearless and love to cram your agenda down other’s throats, why don’t you try that at a Muslim restaurant and see what happens. Find the families wearing the full burqas and make sure they get the best view, then get back to us after you are released from the hospital if you recover.

TxAnn56 on July 28, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Sorry, just had to append that

AZfederalist on July 28, 2012 at 9:42 PM

;)

Lourdes on July 28, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Hehe. You were the steak cooker on the 14 hour lying liars who lie thread. That has to be a world record.

SparkPlug on July 28, 2012 at 9:42 PM

You don’t need those kinds in your life.

SparkPlug on July 28, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Thank you. I used to be so careful about what I posted on FB. Didn’t want to offend people. Now, I just don’t give a rip! I “Like” as many conservative posts as I can. Funny, I’ve seen some of my “friends” drop off. So what, who cares???

Nikkia2112 on July 28, 2012 at 9:43 PM

inthemiddle on July 28, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Now I get the “inthemiddle.” So are you the chicken or the pork? Mayo with?

arnold ziffel on July 28, 2012 at 9:43 PM

IF it’s “tolerance” they want, they ought to be acting in tolerance of others. But that is asking far too much of the Left, who just can’t, won’t do that. They would be happy if all belief other than theirs were destroyed.

Lourdes on July 28, 2012 at 9:06 PM

No, they’d still be unhappy. I’ve never encountered a more bitter, unhappy, immature, emotionally and developmentally retarded group of people. Teh Gheys are an especially unhappy and vindictive subset among the intolerant left – they act like a bunch of spoiled brat 7th-grade girls, as observed in my 35+years of dealing directly with them on a business level.

As I’ve often joked, I can tolerate just about anything except intolerance. I think as a culture, we’ve all had just about enough of leftist intolerance, and sadly, we are long overdue for a reckoning over this.

Harbingeing on July 28, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Sorry, just had to append that

AZfederalist on July 28, 2012 at 9:42 PM

No problem, I would even to append it to, if you make it out alive.

TxAnn56 on July 28, 2012 at 9:44 PM

I don’t usually go to CfA but I made a point of going to one today. It was very good! It was also very busy!

d1carter on July 28, 2012 at 9:46 PM

Now I get the “inthemiddle.” So are you the chicken or the pork? Mayo with?

arnold ziffel on July 28, 2012 at 9:43 PM

LOL! How you doing arnold? Aren’t you relieved the tag line ended up being “Eat Mor Chickin. “

Bmore on July 28, 2012 at 9:47 PM

inthemiddle on July 28, 2012 at 9:33 PM

And miss your NAMBLA meeting?

SparkPlug on July 28, 2012 at 9:47 PM

inthemiddle on July 28, 2012 at 9:33 PM

So when you do this, do you jump up and down and hold your crotch and laugh with glee?

Or, do stand at a van that you rented, all alone, waiting for riders that will never come?

I ride the short bus

Key West Reader on July 28, 2012 at 9:49 PM

listens2glenn on July 28, 2012 at 9:16 PM
I just try to do whatever that guy would do, like you suggested. So far, so good.

Rusty Allen on July 28, 2012 at 9:52 PM

I haven’t kept up completely with this topic the past week, but does anyone know of any public figures who have openly expressed support for Chick-fil-A?

Dongemaharu on July 28, 2012 at 9:52 PM

TxAnn56
on July 28, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Go to a Muslim country ?

What the hang, all he has to do is go to Dearborn, Michigan.

But your point is well taken ‘Ann’.
Let these proponents of Gay Marriage conduct one of their protests in Dearborn, and see what happens.

listens2glenn on July 28, 2012 at 9:53 PM

At my local CFA today, the line at the cash registers went to the back of the room, then wrapped around the corner toward the opposite wall. Never seen that many people in the building at one time before. People were claiming tables before the staff could wipe them off.

Drive through was crazy, but that’s typical.

CJ on July 28, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Bmore on July 28, 2012 at 9:47 PM

I’m fine Mr. B. Good to be back on HA and see all the crew. Hope tonight is good. Last night I called the Police.

arnold ziffel on July 28, 2012 at 9:53 PM

inthemiddle on July 28, 2012 at 9:33 PM

What exactly are you visualizing to confirm at CFA you have found the most conservative families? Bigot.

hillsoftx on July 28, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Key West Reader on July 28, 2012 at 9:49 PM

I think ITM lives in a van down by the river.

TxAnn56 on July 28, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Dongemaharu on July 28, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Mike Bloomberg.

JPeterman on July 28, 2012 at 9:56 PM

inthemiddle on July 28, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Why can’t you nanny state right wingers stay the heck out of people’s bedrooms?

Uppereastside on May 31, 2012 at 4:33 PM

rogerb on July 28, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Dongemaharu on July 28, 2012 at 9:52 PM

I don’t know, but it seems like some governor or someone like that said something.

Harbingeing on July 28, 2012 at 9:56 PM

in the rear
why don’t you come up to a n/e Ohio CFA and aggravate some conservatives, let me know which one, I’ve bought popcorn in bulk, so let me know how many friends are coming up to get hurt. This ain’t New York City……hehe………

angrymike on July 28, 2012 at 9:56 PM

I had a pretty open mind toward gay marriage, but when you see this many idiots all in one place, how can any sane person identify with them? THEY are the intolerant ones. This business has discriminated against no one. They just don’t like the owner’s Christian views. So, if they want everybody to pick a side… that’s on them. I side with Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Religion, “and the free exercise thereof”.

Murf76 on July 28, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Key West Reader on July 28, 2012 at 9:49 PM

LOL! I like the short buses, not sure which is my fav, tough decision, I’m a truck kinda guy so the second one.

Bmore on July 28, 2012 at 9:57 PM

And miss your NAMBLA meeting?

SparkPlug on July 28, 2012 at 9:47 PM

ouch .. that is gonna leave a mark ….

conservative tarheel on July 28, 2012 at 9:57 PM

In case it hasn’t been posted here, August 1st has been deemed “CFA Appreciation Day.” I heard about it from a friend and looked it up. It seems that this day was chosen, perhaps by Mike Huckabee, to show their support for CFA. Although, I don’t know how my local store will be affected. I swear there’s a line wrapping around the place morning, noon, and night. Even after the FAILED boycott.

Nikkia2112 on July 28, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Lourdes on July 28, 2012 at 9:36 PM

SparkPlug on July 28, 2012 at 9:42 PM

It was one steak one night out of several months of nights’.

And lying liars are in the same van as “inthemiddle”…

I’m not the one who has carried on for, starting with, those “14 hours” and now over a year (or so) about “steak”.

Just clearing this up.

Steak and one steak dinner, seriously, is that really what occupies your thoughts? Now tell me what distinguishes you from “inthemiddle” so I can understand the nuances of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, because so far, I don’t see any clear differences of lack of ethics.

Anyone can write anything about anyone when they disregard ethics and people who do are who I know to be “lying liars”. Whether they obsess about steak or don’t.

Lourdes on July 28, 2012 at 9:58 PM

TxAnn56 on July 28, 2012 at 9:28 PM

That gives me an idea.

inthemiddle on July 28, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Why don’t you go instead to a mosque and protest the execution of gays in Muslim countries?

INC on July 28, 2012 at 9:58 PM

rogerb on July 28, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Game, set, match.

hawkdriver on July 28, 2012 at 9:58 PM

I am tired of all of this Chaos.

Key West Reader on July 28, 2012 at 9:59 PM

inthemiddle on July 28, 2012 at 9:33 PM

And isn’t it nice that you can do such a thing?

If you really want show you’re a big boy, why don’t you take them to the Middle East or even to a mosque and try that sort of thing.

Then come back and report to us what happened. We’ll be waiting!

kim roy on July 28, 2012 at 9:59 PM

arnold ziffel on July 28, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Yes, I heard last night all the mischief makers were out, sorry I missed it. ; )

Bmore on July 28, 2012 at 9:59 PM

listens2glenn on July 28, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Ah, you beat me to it.

INC on July 28, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Yeah, we’ve heard from all the leftists politicians, where the hell are the fraud conservatives on our side? And where is that coward Romney. Every day we have to hear about his political team, referred to a ‘Boston’. “Boston this” “Boston that” but where is he when a Christian is the victim of Mayor ‘Jim Crow’ Menino in his own home town? And when is someone going to ask Obama where he stands on this?

AmeriCuda on July 28, 2012 at 10:00 PM

I am struck by the similarities between the outrage against Chick-fil-A President Dan Cathy and the Two Minutes Hate in Orwell’s prophetic piece, 1984.

Chick-fil-A is Eurasia and Dan Cathy is Goldstein.

Yesterday the 1% was Eastasia and Wall Street brokers were Goldstein.

Who will be Goldstein tomorrow, brothers and sisters?

DEATH!! TRAITOR!! HATE!! HATE!! HATE!! TRAITOR!!

EternalMalachi on July 28, 2012 at 10:00 PM

listens2glenn on July 28, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Excellent point. Forgot all about Dearbornistan.

TxAnn56 on July 28, 2012 at 10:00 PM

rogerb on July 28, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Funny!

This thread is moving too quickly. I’m missing things!

INC on July 28, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Lourdes on July 28, 2012 at 9:36 PM

SparkPlug on July 28, 2012 at 9:42 PM

I continue to find it amusing from an intellectual perspective how it is that those of you hung up on my one steak dinner and the lies certain liars lied about here for those “14 hours” occured BECAUSE OTHER PEOPLE WERE THERE.

I’d have left at the first half-hour had not the lying liars arrived and slurred me for…”14 hours”.

That means, don’t blame-shift. Other people bear the responsibiliity for the awful night, I just stayed present as long as it took to show who they were.

Lourdes on July 28, 2012 at 10:01 PM

INC on July 28, 2012 at 9:58 PM

and do it in a Muslim country ….

conservative tarheel on July 28, 2012 at 10:02 PM

B
Hope your good….:-)
Ya your boy Kenny is now a friend, lol, I don’t fight on the net……..;-)

angrymike on July 28, 2012 at 10:02 PM

INC on July 28, 2012 at 9:58 PM

everyone knows there’s no gay people in Muslim countries

Slade73 on July 28, 2012 at 10:02 PM

And when is someone going to ask Obama where he stands on this?

I hope you understand that that’s the end-result objective of Axelrod, Obama, etc. They really WANT people oozing with sympathy over the poor “gays” denied their “chickenhate”….

Lourdes on July 28, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Why can’t you nanny state right wingers stay the heck out of people’s bedrooms?

Uppereastside on May 31, 2012 at 4:33 PM

rogerb on July 28, 2012 at 9:56 PM

I hereby nominate you for HA poster of the year.

JPeterman on July 28, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Romney/”Hide your kids, hide your wife” guy 2012

Mark1971 on July 28, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Well given my long standing support for free speech and opposition to tyranny, I would not support #hatemayors or #controlfreakmayors who hate everyone who disagrees with them and want to be tyrants.

VorDaj on July 28, 2012 at 10:04 PM

…I can tolerate just about anything except intolerance. I think as a culture, we’ve all had just about enough of leftist intolerance, and sadly, we are long overdue for a reckoning over this.

Harbingeing on July 28, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Yes, I agree.

And media, unfortunately, has urged forward a false image of what our population is about — media a tool now of this very problem.

Lourdes on July 28, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Lourdes on July 28, 2012 at 10:01 PM

I wasn’t even there. I just heard about it because everyone was talking about that epic thread that went on for 14 or 17 hours.

Someone called it the lying liars who lie thread. Others called it the kooked steak thread. They wouldn’t stop talking about it cause I guess it was so weird.

Anyway I don’t know who to believe.

SparkPlug on July 28, 2012 at 10:07 PM

B
Hope your good….:-)
Ya your boy Kenny is now a friend, lol, I don’t fight on the net……..;-)

angrymike on July 28, 2012 at 10:02 PM

I’m sure he will make a most excellent friend. Some seem to just love him. To each their own. ; )

Bmore on July 28, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Hope everyone is on their meds tonight…

OmahaConservative on July 28, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Okay.

How about we all just take a gigantic breath… breathe.

And reject communism.

That’s all this is about. All the chatter, all the blather, all the fomenting, whatevah.

No, we don’t want to be communist and we’ll elect Mitt Romney and Obama’s going to lose. Whatever.

Breathe….
What is and what shall ever be.

Key West Reader on July 28, 2012 at 10:08 PM

listens2glenn on July 28, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Rusty Allen on July 28, 2012 at 9:52 PM

You have a finite amount of time in this life, for that decision.

Choose wisely, while you still can.

An eternity “separated from God”, is exponentially beyond “it SUCKS.”

listens2glenn on July 28, 2012 at 10:08 PM

AmeriCuda on July 28, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Lolz. I love your name.

Lourdes, I think you are pretty smart. You know a lot.

SparkPlug on July 28, 2012 at 10:09 PM

B
I just made my point, now he want to be buds……..;-D

angrymike on July 28, 2012 at 10:09 PM

NBC is revisiting the genius of Danny Boyle again tonight…

d1carter on July 28, 2012 at 10:11 PM