Quotes of the day

posted at 8:31 pm on July 28, 2012 by Allahpundit

Mayor Vince Gray today joined the chorus of people who don’t consider themselves fans of Chick-fil-A, the southern fried chicken purveyor that has made national news by contributing money to organizations that oppose same-sex marriage.

After being initially queried on the topic today by Post reporter Tim Craig this afternoon, Gray said that he did not know enough about the restaurant to make a judgement call. But according to mayoral spokesman Pedro Ribeiro, after Gray was briefed by aides on the restaurant and the controversy surrounding it, he asked, “Why would I want one of those in the District?” In a later tweet, Gray added: “Given my longstanding strong support for LGBT rights & marriage equality, I would not support #hatechicken.”

***

[Philadelphia] City Councilman Jim Kenney sent a letter to Chick-fil-A president Dan Cathy telling him to “take a hike and take your intolerance with you.”…

Kenney said individuals who do not support gay marriage should understand there are consequences to their belief.

“If he really, truly believes what he believes, that is his right to do so,” he told Fox News. “But there is often a price to pay for that.”

***

In a letter to customers that was posted on Twitter and Facebook Thursday, [Hollywood Chick-fil-A] owner Jeremiah Cillpam promised that customers will continue to receive excellent food and service regardless of “belief, race, creed, sexual orientation or gender.”

Emphasizing the “independently owned and operated” structure of Chick-Fil-A franchises, Cillpam went on to say that he personally spoke to Chick-Fil-A CEO Dan Cathy, who clarified that his controversial comments against gay marriage do not represent every company employee.

More from the letter:

“I know that some of our guests are upset by comments made by Dan Cathy, president of Chick-fil-A Inc. He has made it clear to me those were his personal views, and that his intent was not to speak on behalf of every Chick-fil-A owner. We hope those who are upset will look at their relationship with our restaurant, The Hollywood Chick-fil-A, and allow us to continue to serve them.”

***

Bloomberg said on his weekly radio show on WOR that it is inappropriate for a government entity “to look at somebody’s political views and decide whether or not they can live in the city, or operate a business in the city, or work for somebody in the city.”…

Bloomberg said Menino, Emanuel and Lee are “really are good mayors” but “trampling on the freedom to marry whoever you want is exactly the same as trampling on your freedom to open a store.”

Richard Socarides, a New York lawyer and former Clinton White House adviser on gay rights who is urging a boycott of Chick-fil-A, said Bloomberg is right.

***

I won’t ever give my business to a Chick-fil-A, and I know that many LGBTs and our allies will also stay away. But Chick-fil-A has every right to be in business, in the city of Chicago and elsewhere. I would never want their bigotry to keep them from getting a business license…

Chick-fil-A has the right to follow a Bible that authorizes the killing of children who talk back to their parents. They just can’t actually do that. They have a right to oppose same-sex marriage — and I am really glad that they are boasting about it, because many company leaders feel the same way but hide their positions. That means our gay dollars go to haters and we don’t even know it.

We absolutely can’t have a religious or moral litmus test for getting a business license. Because in the past (or a potential future), that would mean some LGBT businesses might not qualify.

***

As an exercise in sheer political muscle, it’s impressive. But, if you’re a feminist or a gay or any of the other house pets in the Democrat menagerie, you might want to look at Rahm Emanuel’s pirouette, and Menino’s coziness with Islamic homophobia. These guys are about power, and right now your cause happens to coincide with their political advantage. But political winds shift. Once upon a time, Massachusetts burned witches. Now it grills chicken-sandwich homophobes. One day it’ll be something else. Already in Europe, in previously gay-friendly cities like Amsterdam, demographically surging Muslim populations have muted leftie politicians’ commitment to gay rights, feminism, and much else. It’s easy to cheer on the thugs when they’re thuggish in your name. What happens when Emanuel’s political needs change?

Americans talk more about liberty than citizens of other Western nations, but, underneath the rhetorical swagger, liberty bleeds. When Mayor Menino and Alderman Moreno openly threaten to deny business licenses because of ideological apostasy, they’re declaring their unfitness for public office. It’s not about marriage, it’s not about gays, it’s about a basic understanding that a free society requires a decent respect for a wide range of opinion without penalty by the state. In Menino’s Boston, the Freedom Trail is heavy on the Trail, way too light on the Freedom.

***

Can it really be that in America today a businessman can be labeled a bigot, boycotted and cut off by suppliers because of the crime of being a Christian?…

Hopefully many will respond to Mike Huckabee’s appeal to patronize Chick-fil-A on Aug. 1 as a display of support for traditional Christian values and as a reminder that our Constitution protects religious freedom.

Have we really gotten to the point where being a Christian is considered un-American?

***

At the Chick-fil-A outlet at the Woodbridge Center mall, most customers seemed more interested in their chicken nuggets rather than the company’s position on marriage.

“What they do is make food,” said Cheryl Alexander, a 51-year-old mother of seven from Essex County who doesn’t agree with the company’s politics. “Whatever happens out there … they donate money? Who cares? I don’t care.”…

“I don’t like what he said about gay people (but) it’s not going to stop me from coming here,” said [Michele] Helfenbaum, 36, who lives in Staten Island. “I’m definitely not going to boycott it. I’m here for the food.”

***

***

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

***

***

Via Mediaite.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 5 6 7

Night, Jackie. Have a good one!

4Grace on July 29, 2012 at 3:22 AM

G’night Jackie.

SparkPlug, Axe was looking for you earlier, wanted to make sure you heard this one.

novaculus on July 29, 2012 at 3:25 AM

My nephew said one of the Pittsburg franchises was doing a bang up business on Saturday, lines down the street, full parking lot, waiting lines to get into the store. He stopped by later in the day when it wasn’t quite so busy and got his meal. He felt it was important to make a statement.

karenhasfreedom on July 29, 2012 at 3:25 AM

Intolerant muslims are incredibly hip right now though. Libtards love them some Muzlims….it’s just those “radical” Christians that they can’t stand (they don’t seem to be too crazy about Jews either).

Tim_CA on July 28, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Just wait till those same people tell those liberal women to shut up and obey thy husband. O and to cover all parts of the body with no skin showing… become property instead of a person…

Why liberals wanna hug a Muslim so much is beyond me. They are at war with the wrong crowd…

watertown on July 29, 2012 at 3:26 AM

Key West Reader, just one last thing before I turn in for the night. I love you and will be thinking of you. I hope you will email hawkdriver so we might communicate off thread. Love you. xoxo

GoodNightAll.

Bmore on July 29, 2012 at 3:26 AM

karenhasfreedom on July 29, 2012 at 3:25 AM

That seems to be the pattern. I certainly hope so. I hope they all do double their normal business.

4Grace on July 29, 2012 at 3:27 AM

Night, Bmore. Get some well-deserved rest!

4Grace on July 29, 2012 at 3:29 AM

You know what would be hysterical? That the local Chick Filet franchise in Tampa is given a license or access to the convention center and have a booth for the RNC delegates. Of course the PC crowd of RINOs would never allow it.

karenhasfreedom on July 29, 2012 at 3:29 AM

Sorry if this was played!

A.F.I.: The Chicken Song

4Grace on July 29, 2012 at 3:31 AM

I don’t go to malls, so I have no idea of we have a franchise in the Grand Rapids, MI area, but I know we don’t have stand alone stores. They did in Austin, and I loved to have that option for lunch. They have good food.

karenhasfreedom on July 29, 2012 at 3:31 AM

I’m heading off to bed.
Goodnight, all.

Key West:

In this troubling time, I hope you take some encouragement from all the people that posted here tonight. I would also wager that many, MANY others (lurkers and non-members) are sending prayers and hugs your way. God bless you and keep you, KWR.

4Grace on July 29, 2012 at 3:41 AM

Time for me to call it a night. Good night, my friends.

Chicken Lullaby

novaculus on July 29, 2012 at 3:50 AM

KWR: God Bless

Adios vaja con dios
Fred

jrsrigmvr on July 29, 2012 at 3:52 AM

Antoine is a friggin’ legend. Good on him.

Reaps on July 29, 2012 at 5:44 AM

I ate at chick fil a for the first time today on purpose. place was packed and the food was great.

CO Infidel on July 29, 2012 at 6:09 AM

They have a right to oppose same-sex marriage —

Oh thank you Tracy. It is so kind and benevolent of you to bestow your blessing on what one has “a right” to personally oppose.

You want to talk “hate” Tracy? Here’s some hate for you!

Against a 17 yr old kid simply because of who her mother is.

Kathy Griffin: 17-Year-Old Willow Palin a Dirty Wh**e, Future P*rn Star

btw, you can take your “gay dollars” and pluck off.

Flora Duh on July 29, 2012 at 7:28 AM

@DLoesch So are Chicago, Boston, and Philly telling Christians they don’t want their tourism dollars or jobs? Seems like it.

Flora Duh on July 29, 2012 at 7:39 AM

Here’s my rant…err…take.

kingsjester on July 29, 2012 at 7:40 AM

CO Infidel on July 29, 2012 at 6:09 AM

i’m sure you meant you ate there “yesterday” they’re closed on sundays.

there was an april fools joke a while back which said they would be open.

renalin on July 29, 2012 at 7:50 AM

Well said, KJ! This is #WAR!

I don’t think anyone posted this song in the thread. Little Feat with guests Bonnie Raitt and EmmyLou Harris singing backup. Dixie Chicken!

Naturally Curly on July 29, 2012 at 7:52 AM

Flora Duh on July 29, 2012 at 7:28 AM

she’s tied to the hip with anderson cooper. the guy should get more heat for his association with such vermin.

renalin on July 29, 2012 at 7:54 AM

Glad to see CFA is getting support across the country. We don’t have one in our town but will stop in if I find one. Christian beliefs should be supported as Mr. Cathy is doing. He will suffer for these beliefs, that’s the way it is when the Evil one walks the earth.

Kissmygrits on July 29, 2012 at 7:55 AM

Naturally Curly on July 29, 2012 at 7:52 AM

Thanks! Being born and raised in Memphis (as Handsome Jimmy Valiant used to call it), I’ve always loved that song.

kingsjester on July 29, 2012 at 7:58 AM

I’ve never been to Chick-Fil-A, but there is one about 3 miles from my house. I’ll be going on Wednesday, and if it’s as good as everyone says we’ll become regulars.

On a related note, I will no longer be patronizing Costco, since their founder/CEO is supporting the re-election of the marxist-in-chief.

The purse has power.

Naturally Curly on July 29, 2012 at 8:05 AM

Here’s my rant…err…take.

kingsjester on July 29, 2012 at 7:40 AM

Hear Hear!

What infuriates me the most is the blatant hypocrisy of the left on this. We all know that if the roles were reversed and it was Republican mayors telling, for instance, Men’s Wearhouse, that they can’t open a store in their city because they support the Occupy movement, the leftists, the media (but I repeat myself), and the ACLU would be shrieking to high heaven how its a violation of the Constitution.

It amazes me how demwits like inthemiddle takes great pleasure in simply ignoring the hypocrisy.

Which reminds me inthemiddle, I do hope you and your buddies have done your homework when it comes to your little “kissing protest.”

You may not realize it, but there are some states, towns and cities, where it is still illegal for people to kiss in public.

Just sayin’. Ya’ll have fun now, ya hear.

Flora Duh on July 29, 2012 at 8:09 AM

Flora Duh on July 29, 2012 at 8:09 AM

Thank you, m’dear. The little cretin should have gotten the hammer concerning his/her/its remarks about wishing violence on the Palins.

kingsjester on July 29, 2012 at 8:11 AM

Demwits. Heh heh heh. That’s catchy, Flora!

Naturally Curly on July 29, 2012 at 8:16 AM

kingsjester on July 29, 2012 at 7:58 AM

Glad you liked it. Southern Rock is the bomb! Just saw the Allman Brothers Band (and Santanna) the other night from my beach chair under a beautiful starry sky. Highlight of the summer, so far!

Naturally Curly on July 29, 2012 at 8:20 AM

There’s another “say no more, squire” moment.

listens2glenn on July 28, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Ed got me watching Python the other day. Reminded me of these two skits blended together.
Bmore on July 28, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Wow, apparently I cut-out too early last night- . . . missed a lot of great replies, and other comments.
But, yeah B’ . . . that first link is the ‘Python sketch that always comes to mind whenever I hear OR read “wink wink”.

ALWAYS . . . . . .

listens2glenn on July 29, 2012 at 8:43 AM

Correct me if I am wrong, but unless there was an overnight rewriting of the Constitution that no one was told about, I do believe it is still a protected right in this country for one to verbally express an opinion, whether some may like it or not.

Also, I am curious, but if the CEO of a major restaurant chain like McDonald’s or Burger King had made this exact same comment concerning gay marriage, would there still be the idiotic uproar we are seeing right now?

pilamaye on July 29, 2012 at 8:47 AM

Key West, was reading through the thread this morning and saw your post about the C word. My eyes filled with tears and had pain in my heart. Will Pray!!!!

lisa fox on July 29, 2012 at 8:48 AM

I hadn’t bother to seek the transcript of Dan Cathy’s interview until last night. Where is the bigotry he is being accused of? He never even mentioned the word “Gay”. He said he supports the “Traditional biblical definition of the family” and “Christian Values”. I’m convinced that these idiot mayors and protesters haven’t even bothered to read the quotes.

So please how about someone that is so upset with his remarks tell me what excactly he said that is bigotry?

conservativecaveman on July 29, 2012 at 8:53 AM

pilamaye on July 29, 2012 at 8:47 AM

Uh . . . yeah.

listens2glenn on July 29, 2012 at 8:54 AM

So much for the old adage that I may disagree with what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to say it. Or something like that.

The truth is this is a tyrannical impulse and it is not at all uncommon on the left. It is in fact typical of how they operate.

Terrye on July 29, 2012 at 9:05 AM

Kenney said individuals who do not support gay marriage should understand He is introducing a resolution to “condemn this anti-American attitude of trying to deny civil liberties that every American enjoys.”…

This is great. See… you can can get away with all the intolerance you want as long as you are accusing the other guy of intolerance as you act out your intolerance.

OH.. and how I love this…

there are consequences to their belief.

Now tell me…a couple things here. First.. I’d like to see him go tell some Muslims this. Second. There are consequences for our beliefs against homosexuality? This is so freaking evil! We’re not suppose to be Christians? We can’t believe our Bibles or practice our beliefs anymore?.. Say whatever you want about homosexuality for or against it. This government official is saying law abiding citizens of the United States are going to pay consequences for having “beliefs!”

OK.. where are all the conservative homosexuals on this? Stand up man! Oh God bless you! Give them all a hand!

I can see where this is freaking going now! We will not be allowed to have our beliefs! We will not be allowed to engage and participate in the political process! We will not be allowed to voice our opinions! We will not be allowed to earn a living! All because of our beliefs! So we are left with no choices!

I remember way back in the 70′s and up through the 90′s… it was all about tolerance. Homosexual activists just wanted to be allowed to live out there lives without being fired for being gay (which they weren’t) just wanted to live openly and be “tolerated,” left alone, live love and laugh.
Now here we are in 2012. It has gone from so called “Just leave us be ( which everybody was) to “You will worship us, embrace us or we will destroy you!”

Of course… that is.. unless you are Muslim. No Dem will say that to a Muslim even though they are anti-homosexual too.

Now.. the Democrats are catering to groups that are diametrically opposed to each other. What are these two groups? Homosexuals and Muslims. Now consider this.. at some point.. if things continue.. one of these groups is going to rise above the other. Which group do you think that is going to be? Which group at some point is going to intimidate the Democrats more than the other group? Which group do you think the Democrats are going to one day realize they no longer need to pander to?

I will drive 50 freaking miles today to eat at a Chick-fil A!

JellyToast on July 29, 2012 at 9:07 AM

conservativecaveman on July 29, 2012 at 8:53 AM

The left defines “bigotry” as any statement not expressing full support for their agenda. In this case, Cathy did not give full throated support for gay marriage therefore he must be destroyed as an example to other businesses that unless they want the same they better support gay marriage and anything else on the left’s plate.

It’s nothing more than a mafia tactic. Soon, people not toeing the liberal line will be “whacked”, which is why gun rights are so important these days. Once liberals have full power they have a tendency to “disappear” their opponents … by the millions.

darwin on July 29, 2012 at 9:09 AM

“Traditional biblical definition of the family”

conservativecaveman on July 29, 2012 at 8:53 AM

I wonder what would have happened if he had said:

“Traditional biological definition of the family,” Just a thought.

Key West Reader, you are in our hearts and thoughts.

Fallon on July 29, 2012 at 9:13 AM

Key West Reader -

May God hold you in the hollow of His hand, darlin’.

kingsjester on July 29, 2012 at 9:22 AM

No! Chick-fil-A is engaging in the political process. They are not breaking any laws! They do not discriminate against any customers! They do not ask their customers whether they are gay or not before serving them! The people who are intimidating and acting out their hatred are the so government officials and the homosexual activists! And the government officials are acting illegally! They can not discriminate against a business because of their political beliefs!

If Chick-fil-A caves on this we will have crossed a new line in America and this will just be the beginning! You want a government contract? Are you for or against the homosexual agenda?
You want a mortgage? Are you for or against gay marriage? You want to move to this neighborhood? Are you a Christian?

As I have said before.. it is not a great leap to go jump from religious beliefs to political ones. We are on the way to making one party in America. If supporting traditional marriage is now bordering on illegal.. how can the political party that supports it to also not be illegal?

I can not freaking believe this! Here we are in the United States of America and a solid good business and their customers is being illegally harassed and attacked and denied permits to operate by mayors because they support traditional marriage!

JellyToast on July 29, 2012 at 9:24 AM

I have cancer.

there it is.

Key West Reader on July 28, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Prayers still ascending for you darlin;
Wish I could do more…

OmahaConservative on July 28, 2012 at 10:50 PM

praying .. sorry I am late to this conversation ….

conservative tarheel on July 29, 2012 at 9:30 AM

karenhasfreedom on July 29, 2012 at 3:29 AM

…I don’t think we have any CFA places in Michigan. We are headed to Hilton Head this next weekend…told the bride that we will be focusing food breaks to one franchise.

KOOLAID2 on July 29, 2012 at 9:39 AM

I have cancer.

there it is.

Key West Reader on July 28, 2012 at 10:48 PM

My mother is a 20 plus year survivor of Breast Cancer. Please try and maintain a positive attitude knowing that many of us are including you in our prayers.

conservativecaveman on July 29, 2012 at 9:51 AM

The best way to fight back against intolerant liberals who try to destroy a businessman for standing up for his beliefs is to keep that businessman in business.I have been a Chik-Fil-A customer for years due to their good food and great service.I will now double the number of times I eat there.As for the mayors who are trying to stop Chik-Fil-A from building in their cities-we fought against Nazis like them during WW II.

redware on July 29, 2012 at 9:54 AM

I will drive 50 freaking miles today to eat at a Chick-fil A!

JellyToast on July 29, 2012 at 9:07 AM

I guess I won’t since my wife reminded me they are closed today. That will be Wednesday.

JellyToast on July 29, 2012 at 9:56 AM

I will drive 50 freaking miles today to eat at a Chick-fil A!

JellyToast on July 29, 2012 at 9:07 AM

JellyToast on July 29, 2012 at 9:56 AM

That’s one of the things wives are for. : )

listens2glenn on July 29, 2012 at 10:11 AM

renalin on July 29, 2012 at 7:54 AM

Obama voter Anderson Cooper is nothing but low class trash. He’s also boring with a capital B. When I saw him giggle and joke in an obscene, sexually-explicit manner using the “teabag” joke to mock the Tea Party during his supposed “news” broadcast, I knew he was a useless, sanctimonious phoney. He’s never funny or clever. Have any of you tried to watch his talk show? It’s unwatchable. I can’t stand it when huffy Anderson does his little frowning act and tries to act all morally superior and bothered by something. Why is that man still on TV? How did he even get this job? It must be because his mom inherited a boatload of money and has a famous name. Seriously, I can’t imagine what CNN was thinking when they hired that dull nothing of a man.

bluegill on July 29, 2012 at 10:13 AM

listens2glenn on July 29, 2012 at 10:11 AM

And to remind you to take your checkbook since you are about to travel a hundred miles to specifically to make a purchase.

Cindy Munford on July 29, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Key West Reader you have had the most awful couple of months, I can’t even begin to imagine. I hope you take whatever comfort of knowing that you are supported and cared for here and let it help push to endure all that it takes to get better. Our words seem insignificant compared to your life lately. Stay strong and know that so many are praying for you and keeping you in their hearts.

Cindy Munford on July 29, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Key West Reader you are in my prayers.

JellyToast on July 29, 2012 at 10:23 AM

Germany, 1938: Sign on front of bookstore reads, “This is a Jewish business!”

United States, 2012: Sign on Chick-Fil-A storefront reads, “This is a Christian business!”

Dunedainn on July 29, 2012 at 10:34 AM

Dunedainn on July 29, 2012 at 10:34 AM

And the fall out will become even more heated when the Christian business succeeds.

Cindy Munford on July 29, 2012 at 10:38 AM

Key West Reader: I am so sorry to hear you have cancer. Please accept whatever help you are offered at this time, both from family and the medical profession. You value independence, and you are a very strong woman, which I’m sure will help you deal with this, but it is important to also let others help in whatever way they can. I will be praying for your treatment to be successful and your health to be restored.

Night Owl on July 29, 2012 at 10:44 AM

JellyToast on July 29, 2012 at 9:24 AM

I have a feeling this will reach a tipping point, where those of us who have been mostly live and let live about the issue realize what the actual agenda is.

Night Owl on July 29, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Fried foods cause heart attacks, strokes, and shortens people’s lives.

In other words, EAT UP Sarah and Todd!

inthemiddle on July 28, 2012 at 3:23 PM

Bmore on July 29, 2012 at 11:06 AM

It’s amazing that so many people can get upset with much MSM attention over Chick-fil-A coming to town when there should be orders of magnitude more outrage at Somalis being dump on towns because enemies of America like the UN and some of Obama’s irresponsible low life bureaucrats think they have the right to do so, never mind the wishes of the town.

Where is the major media attention on these arrivals? They and the State Dept. arrogance are a much bigger threat than the chicken sandwiches.

Chessplayer on July 29, 2012 at 11:22 AM

The owner of Chick Fil-a is against gay marriage, so are most Black people. Chick Fil-a serves fried chicken, which most Black people like to eat, at prices that working class Black people can afford.

The racist dog whistles are too much for my ears to take.

ardenenoch on July 29, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Uh Huh.
Once again that blooming idiot Bloomers stuck his size 4 in his mouth.
~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on July 29, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Key West Reader, my address isn’t accessible due to trolls now. Sorry, but I had to shut it down.

I understood that you have commo up with OmahaConservative. Please keep in touch with him/her and do not ever worry about wanting to talk about it with one of us. That subject will never be OT if you need some support.

hawkdriver on July 29, 2012 at 12:03 PM

KWR,
While others had a 12 hour head start on praying for you sweetness, I will play catch-up with God. Be still your heart during these wrenching times. He will walk beside ya.

Hills

hillsoftx on July 29, 2012 at 12:59 PM

There is no doubt in my mind that we are in the ramp up to a full blown war between good and evil in this country. Stay strong and stay on the side of good…

CCRWM on July 29, 2012 at 1:06 PM

From Pat Caddell…

White House Leaks: What Does Axelrod Know, and How Does He Know It?

M2RB: ‘Til Tuesday

Resist We Much on July 29, 2012 at 1:10 PM

KWR
You will be in my prayers for healing and peace. I’m a 7 yr survivor of Stage 3 non-hodgkins lymphoma after pretty much a year of treatment. Learned many things and most of them were good. Let friends and family in to give you support and encouragement — you are not alone.
It took a lot of courage to open up last night. God bless you and hold you close.

msactionjackson on July 29, 2012 at 1:43 PM

The best way to fight back against intolerant liberals

You know it isn’t just liberals who are intolerant. I have looked at posts from Jetboy and thuja, and it seems the whole gay thing is intolerant. Thuja it is expected, but Jetboy I didn’t. Live and learn. It just cements my decision to oppose gay marriage. I used to be agnostic at best about it.

melle1228 on July 29, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Interesting, was rereading CS Lewis, The Great Divorce. In it he talks about those who wish to do Gods will and those who insist that their rights come first, before any obedience to God. That in the end their insistence on their own narcissistic behavior is what leads them to hell. My rights, my way.

There is a piece about a mother who is in hell, she takes the yearly bus tour of heaven to see her son. When she arrives, she is informed that of course the reason to come to heaven is to see God, perhaps repent and then she can see her son. She of course insists that her right to see her son comes first, and any God that would come between a mother and her son is not a God worth worshipping. If God will not conform to her image, is not willing to come second before the rights of a loving mother. It’s all about her.

Sounds just like the left these days. Its all about them.

odannyboy on July 29, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Wow…queers now define the Bible as a hate doctrine. I appreciate the clarity, actually.

Jaibones on July 29, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Ruh -roh.
666 comments.
Oops ,this is 667.
Never mind.

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on July 29, 2012 at 2:59 PM

New advertising slogan:

Don’t be gay! Eat Chick-Fil-A!!!

lonestarleeroy on July 29, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Manufactured outrage.

BallisticBob on July 29, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Yet another example of how we need to get states out of the business of DEFINING MARRIAGE.

fatlibertarianinokc on July 29, 2012 at 4:54 PM

I just got rid of my Google toolbar…

After Google’s “free love” campaign, I am boycotting them…

MGardner on July 29, 2012 at 5:44 PM

I’m just catching up to this thread myself, but I want to say this:

Key West Reader, I will be keeping you in my prayers in light of your earlier comment. Please know that we on this forum are praying for you and sending you our best and that we are here for you 110%. God bless you.

PatriotGal2257 on July 29, 2012 at 6:03 PM

I’m not sure if anyone has posted this and I’m at work so can’t scroll around to see but to alert everyone. On August 1st please patronize your local Chick-Fil-A. Several Christian groups are asking that we use that day to show solidarity towards Chick-Fil-A and the Cathy family. I’ll be there, and judging by the lines I’ve been seeing it’s going to take a while to get through the drive thru.

neyney on July 30, 2012 at 10:42 AM