Quotes of the day

posted at 10:41 pm on July 27, 2012 by Allahpundit

President Barack Obama called for a discussion in the wake of the 2011 Tucson shootings and again on Wednesday following the Colorado movie theater rampage. But Mr. Carney did not offer any specifics about his plans for pursuing the matter…

White House officials have said they have no plans to get behind gun-control legislation, citing the difficult politics of the subject.

***

Obama is no stranger to dipping deep into the murky waters of executive powers and finding ways to achieve policy goals that Congress has thwarted. Proponents of gun control say that the president has crystal clear and uncontested powers—some used by an NRA card-carrying GOP president (Bush resigned from the group in 1995)—to deal with assault weapons.

Yet the White House remains stonily silent on Obama’s intentions even to reevaluate whether to exercise these powers. In the Big Easy, he made it sound as if gun control is always hard. It most definitely can be. But there are actions Obama can easily take, and what’s hard for Democrats and gun-control advocates to figure out is why he won’t.

***

[T]he vast majority of voters who dislike gun control have so many other reasons to oppose Obama that they are unlikely to switch just because he holsters this one issue. Congressional Democrats face the same dynamic. One reason Democrats abandoned gun control is because they concluded that it bled them rural- and blue-collar seats during the 1994 GOP landslide. But after slowly recapturing some of those seats, Democrats saw almost all of them wash away again in a 2010 GOP torrent swelled not by guns but the broader recoil from Obama’s activism.

If there is a road back to a Democratic congressional majority, it almost certainly will not run through such downscale districts; rather, it will go through the leafy suburban seats where gun control retains more backing. Likewise, if Obama survives in November, it will largely be because he maintained support among minorities and upscale women—not because he recaptured the blue-collar whites stampeding away from him.

Gun control is a high-risk issue because half of the electorate passionately opposes it. Yet it is the half that Democrats have little chance of reaching. Since Clinton’s era, almost all Republicans, even those from upscale places still open to restrictions, have bowed to the majority position on guns among their core supporters. However, on gun control, almost uniquely for a social issue, the president and most congressional Democrats have elevated the priorities of voters outside of their coalition over the preferences of those within it. In politics, as in combat, it isn’t much of a fight when one side unilaterally disarms.

***

The assault-weapons ban in place from 1994 to 2004, however, was not particularly successful. In prohibiting 19 brands of weapons (along with copycats), the law’s judgments seemed arbitrary. A gun that resembles a military rifle is not inherently more lethal than an aesthetically innocuous weapon. But the law’s prohibition of high-capacity magazines — capped at 10 rounds — strikes me as prudent. A 100-round, drum-style magazine — the kind that police say the Aurora suspect had in his AR-15 — is highly useful to someone intent on mass murder. It is less useful for an average citizen intent on self-defense, unless he fears home invasion by a foreign army.

Such laws are always a balance. In this case, the gain in public safety would be relatively small — restricting access to a destructive technology used by killers at Aurora, Tucson, Fort Hood and Virginia Tech. But the burden on gun rights would be minimal. Defenders of high-capacity magazines argue that they are more convenient at the gun range, since you can fill up a large magazine before leaving home. There is a constitutional difference between the argument “I need to defend myself from aggression” and “I’d prefer to reload less at the range.”

I am open to the idea that other measures — particularly improving the capacity of the mental health system to identify people with emotional problems — should have a higher national priority. Reasonable gun laws are not a panacea. But neither are they a threat to the Constitution. They merit a debate — driven not by ideology but by prudential judgments on public safety.

***

The temptation at times like these is to “do something” about guns. Australia and Britain passed tougher gun laws after mass shootings, and haven’t suffered another since. I would respectfully submit that Australia and Britain are full of Australians and Britons, not Americans. Moreover, neither country is home to an estimated 180 million privately owned guns, as ours is. Guns last forever. The one with which I hunt was made in 1900 and functions as well today as it did then. If tomorrow President Obama signed the ultimate gun-control law—a total ban on the sale, manufacture, and import of guns—we would still be awash in firearms for generations to come. Madmen like the murderer in Aurora would find a way to kill. Witness Timothy McVeigh…

[Forty] percent of Americans own guns, and like it or not, they identify with them, personally. Guns stand in for a whole range of values—individualism, strength, American exceptionalism—that many gun owners hold dear. Tell a gun owner that he cannot be trusted to own a firearm—particularly if you are an urban pundit with no experience around guns—and what he hears is an insult. Add to this that the bulk of the gun-buying public is made up of middle-aged white men with less than a college degree, and now you’re insulting a population already rubbed raw by decades of stagnant wages.

The harm we’ve done by messing with law-abiding Americans’ guns is significant. In 2010, I drove 11,000 miles around the United States talking to gun guys (for a book, to be published in the spring, that grew out of an article I wrote for this magazine), and I met many working guys, including plumbers, parks workers, nurses—natural Democrats in any other age—who wouldn’t listen to anything the Democratic party has to say because of its institutional hostility to guns. I’d argue that we’ve sacrificed generations of progress on health care, women’s and workers’ rights, and climate change by reflexively returning, at times like these, to an ill-informed call to ban firearms, and we haven’t gotten anything tangible in return. Aside from what it does to the progressive agenda, needlessly vilifying guns—and by extension, their owners—adds to the rancor that has us so politically frozen and culturally inflamed. Enough.

***

***

Via Mediaite.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

angrymike on July 28, 2012 at 12:53 AM

+ 100..I hear you!..:)

Dire Straits on July 28, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Wow. Who pulled your azz hair? It was stupid, what did you expect?
But, let txmomof6 enjoy it.

AllahsNippleHair on July 27, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Shut up, stupid child.

rayra on July 28, 2012 at 12:52 AM

You want some of this? I’m handing out knuckle sandwiches tonight for free.
You crotchety old cow.

And, can I say…..fluke Paul McCartney!

AllahsNippleHair on July 28, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Actually, I think s/he was talking about your propensity to give your opinions as absolutes. (I don’t know how this whole thing started, but you can’t thing you’re the angel in the thing?)

Very difficult to have a conversation with someone who’s certain they’re always correct.

RedCrow on July 28, 2012 at 12:53 AM

It’s my fault; MC saw me being dragged under a bridge (ahem) and interceded. It all started on page 1 of the comments. I remember it like it was yesterday….

cynccook on July 28, 2012 at 12:57 AM

PS..Maybe I am wrong about it being a classic!..:)

Dire Straits on July 28, 2012 at 12:52 AM

It’s weird and an acquired taste — but definitely a classic. :) Kind of like various British cars.

Axe on July 28, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Kenny
Look I have no problem with you, so don’t drag me in, I’m not a internet tough guy ……OK?

angrymike on July 28, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Good to hear. But internet tough guy? Sure you are. We all are! Sure beats the streets of Chicago at night. You just don’t want to admit it :)

kenny on July 28, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Shouda been for :

thatsafactjack on July 28, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Scrumpy on July 28, 2012 at 12:58 AM

The Yardbirds – For Your Love

SparkPlug on July 28, 2012 at 12:58 AM

SparkPlug on July 28, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Oh, sorry about the terminology. I think the good Dr. Tesla was mentioned. He hasn’t been around in a long time. Too bad. I have to admit I don’t miss the person who seemed far to focused on suicide.

Cindy Munford on July 28, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Lately you’ve been nothing but a ray of sunshine. What, does your dog keep crapping in your Wheaties? Stop eating on the floor, a**hole.

MadisonConservative on July 27, 2012 at 11:53 PM

You too, you poseur fraud.

rayra on July 28, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Like “damn! you best friend is hot!” — never say this to your girlfriend. Learned that one at 30.

Like “damn! time for the gym!” — learned that one at 15.

Axe on July 28, 2012 at 12:54 AM

LOL!! HAHAHA!
Best thing I read all night. Also, I think we’re at about the same speed. (LOL)

RedCrow on July 28, 2012 at 12:59 AM

thatsafactjack on July 28, 2012 at 12:55 AM

I’m well, how about you?

Cindy Munford on July 28, 2012 at 1:00 AM

AllahsNippleHair on July 28, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Be careful or you might turn it into a wasteland!!..:)

Dire Straits on July 28, 2012 at 1:02 AM

RedCrow on July 28, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Well, let’s see. You’re lecturing me about asserting my opinions as absolutes, while also scoffing at the notion that I could disagree that I’m the antagonist in the tiff twixt cynccook and Liam.

I’m not sure which is better:

1. Your display of the very behavior you’re decrying, or..

2. Your simultaneous admission that you don’t know what the situation is, but you’re sure that I’m in the wrong.

Fact of the matter is that Liam acted like an a**hole to a friend of mine, while repeatedly seeing the need to tell everyone how much he dislikes the author and one of the founders of the very site on which he appears to like spending time reading and commenting.

MadisonConservative on July 28, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Kenny
I live near Cleveland, I’m not afraid of the city or the dark, we have ccw in Ohio………;-)

angrymike on July 28, 2012 at 1:03 AM

You too, you poseur fraud.

rayra on July 28, 2012 at 12:59 AM

This is the second time you’ve spoken abut me as a “fraud”. You ever going to elaborate, or do you just enjoy smearing people and running?

MadisonConservative on July 28, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Cindy Munford on July 28, 2012 at 12:59 AM

The suicide guy was “Mitchel” something. I hope he’s ok.

JPeterman on July 28, 2012 at 1:04 AM

This QOTD reminds me of something. Oh, yes…

cynccook on July 28, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Axe on July 28, 2012 at 12:57 AM

roflmao..Good one..:)

Dire Straits on July 28, 2012 at 1:04 AM

My Mother-in-Law went thru a TSA “pat down” and it took her over a month to get over it!..It really affected her badly!..:)

Dire Straits on July 28, 2012 at 12:56 AM

…I’m not quite sure if you’re serious or not. The smiley throws me off.

MadisonConservative on July 28, 2012 at 1:04 AM

All right… this calls for serious medicine…

TIN PAN ALLEY

Because this is the roughest QOTD I’ve ever seen!

thatsafactjack on July 28, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Liam on July 28, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Darlin, haven’t you been around long enough to know that there is nothing Mad Con likes better than an argument. The more you mix it up the better he likes it, so jump in there and have some fun. Don’t forget to insult Wisconsin.

Cindy Munford on July 28, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Kenny

angrymike on July 28, 2012 at 1:03 AM

I live in the Colo Mtns and have 4 shotguns, much goose load and a 300 Savage 99G.

kenny on July 28, 2012 at 1:06 AM

MadisonConservative on July 28, 2012 at 1:03 AM

I know you’re not usually here so late at night, but I swear QOTD is usually a lot lighter and more fun than this.

cynccook on July 28, 2012 at 1:06 AM

I remember it like it was yesterday….

cynccook on July 28, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Well, I apologize for getting involved. (Just don’t think we should trouble ourselves so.) (I’ll read back–normally I try to read all the posts before posting, but if I get to a thread that’s three pages deep, already…)

RedCrow on July 28, 2012 at 1:06 AM

How have you been?

thatsafactjack on July 27, 2012 at 11:51 PM

I owe you an email. But I just had to vent, because I’ve never seen such a horrible mish-mosh of an incoherent disaster that was the opening ceremonies. What the heck is he doing promoting NHS as a political statement?

And it’s a pity, because I like Danny Boyle’s movies.

John the Libertarian on July 28, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Why do you feel threatened, when I have clearly proven time and times again I’m on your side?

Liam on July 28, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Why are you attempting to paint me as feeling threatened, when I’ve said nothing of the sort?

Not a very good response to me pointing out that you express your manhood through the internet, old chap. A bit like confirmation, really.

MadisonConservative on July 28, 2012 at 1:06 AM

JPeterman on July 28, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Me to, I couldn’t figure out if he needed help or wanted to help others. Unfortunately none of us knew him well enough to connect.

Cindy Munford on July 28, 2012 at 1:07 AM

cynccook on July 28, 2012 at 1:06 AM

I think it’s the guy pretending to be Qui-Gon Jinn.

MadisonConservative on July 28, 2012 at 1:08 AM

…I’m not quite sure if you’re serious or not. The smiley throws me off.

MadisonConservative on July 28, 2012 at 1:04 AM

This is true, Dire!

cynccook on July 28, 2012 at 1:08 AM

RedCrow on July 28, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Awwww, you’re sweet. Don’t worry about it, but MC really is a good guy, too. :)

cynccook on July 28, 2012 at 1:10 AM

JPeterman on July 28, 2012 at 1:04 AM

How about CW on that thread the other night, pegging you as a Palinista! Makes me feel so much better about my reading comprehension skills.

Cindy Munford on July 28, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Cindy Munford on July 28, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Gasp! Why, Cindy Munford! You ought to be ashamed…. ;)

cynccook on July 28, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Kenny
I’m more into military stuff, AR….AK…….K-98…..Nazi pistols, as I said city boy, from the country….;-)

angrymike on July 28, 2012 at 1:11 AM

I heard that Julia has joined the NRA..

Electrongod on July 27, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Axe on July 28, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Cindy Munford on July 28, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Wrong. There is one thing I like better, and that is being talked up by a classy lady.

I’m swimming in like.

MadisonConservative on July 28, 2012 at 1:12 AM

MadisonConservative on July 28, 2012 at 1:06 AM

I think this is his(?) way of distancing himself from his over-reaction. We could let him off the hook…

cynccook on July 28, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Well its rack time……good night all…….;-D

angrymike on July 28, 2012 at 1:12 AM

John the Libertarian on July 28, 2012 at 1:06 AM

You know…. I didn’t watch it. I read the UK Daily Telegraph and a couple of other Brit newspapers every day… and I knew it was going to be a disaster.

There have been problems brewing from security, to budget cuts putting the cops off the beat and soldiers doing police work at the venue, to spat with Beckham over who was going to get to carry the torch… and the constant rumor that the opening was going to be a cheap pop type send up. People were pretty unhappy about those missile launchers going on the rooftops, too.

I guess if that was the goal it was a huge success.

I’ve seen photos.. like the ‘Queen’ parachuting in…

Maybe a case of everyone trying to be too ‘relevant’ and politicizing the games.

thatsafactjack on July 28, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Cindy Munford on July 28, 2012 at 1:10 AM

I could not believe my eyes when I saw that!!

JPeterman on July 28, 2012 at 1:13 AM

…I’m not quite sure if you’re serious or not. The smiley throws me off.

MadisonConservative on July 28, 2012 at 1:04 AM

lolz..I was being serious..She was not a happy camper!..:)
PS..The smileys are a patented “trademark” and mean all is well!..:)

Dire Straits on July 28, 2012 at 1:13 AM

I never regret what I say online, simply because nobody should take it seriously.

MadisonConservative on July 28, 2012 at 12:46 AM

…if you’re referring to what you say personally to a particular poster…gotcha…but when you state your personal opinion on some subjects online (as with numerous other posters here)…if I agree with how you and others look at a subject and how you articulate it… it helps me articulate that subject better in my mind…and I take that seriously.

KOOLAID2 on July 28, 2012 at 1:14 AM

And it’s a pity, because I like Danny Boyle’s movies.

John the Libertarian on July 28, 2012 at 1:06 AM

I was sincerely embarrassed for Kenneth Branagh and the entire United Kingdom. It was truly bizarre. When the parade of Sgt. Pepper people came out, a man behind me did a true spit take of his drink. Luckily he was seated far enough away from me…. :S

cynccook on July 28, 2012 at 1:14 AM

I’m perfectly fine with private citizens owning tanks and fighter jets, with ONE condition: you have to pass military training for them. The armed forces do a very good job of filtering out potential psychos from running destructive equipment.

MelonCollie on July 28, 2012 at 12:09 AM

… uhmmm
, long time ago I worked with a fellow who rolled over the tank he was learning to drive …

… they didn’t kick him out of “tank school” – they just didn’t let him drive the tank anymore.

Of course, this was during WW II so maybe they were less judgemental.

Quiet guy too – You would never have thought, “He LOOKS like the type to roll a tank.”

True story

PolAgnostic on July 28, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Kenny

angrymike on July 28, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Any Walthers? A guy once showed me a Walther P38, the original condition.

kenny on July 28, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Cindy Munford on July 28, 2012 at 1:05 AM

I generally don’t like arguing, Lady Cynthia. That’s the only reason I’m not a lawyer.

Despite that, if engaged, I will aim to destroy. My main target is liberals. But if the ‘conservatives’ here want to toss and tumble, so be it.

If Mad Con is what he seems, he is destructive to our cause and needs to be disregarded. He is inimical to us. That’s just my view.

I don;t come here to fight, but only to learn from other Conservatives and maybe offer a few things. If that’s considered a ‘weakness’, so be it.

But, on the other hand…

Liam on July 28, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Well its rack time……good night all…….;-D

angrymike on July 28, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Sweet dreams, mikey. Happy Saturday! :)

cynccook on July 28, 2012 at 1:15 AM

cynccook on July 28, 2012 at 12:57 AM

It was page 2.

Damn that was a lot of reading. But, up to speed.

Axe on July 28, 2012 at 1:15 AM

cynccook on July 28, 2012 at 1:12 AM

NEVER! It’s too much fun watching people take stupid s**t seriously on the internet. It’s like watching a cat jump at its reflection, only to knock itself out on the patio door.

I hate cats.

MadisonConservative on July 28, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Dire Straits on July 28, 2012 at 1:02 AM

thanks dire I was fixin’ to queue that one up.

jrsrigmvr on July 28, 2012 at 1:16 AM

cynccook on July 28, 2012 at 1:10 AM

You just don’t know how badly I miss the guy Mad Con use to get into with. I know I’m not spelling it correctly but it was something like wccwa. They were hysterical.

Cindy Munford on July 28, 2012 at 1:16 AM

John the Libertarian on July 28, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Great to see you JtL!..:)

Dire Straits on July 28, 2012 at 1:16 AM

I’m not sure which is better:

1. Your display of the very behavior you’re decrying, or..

MadisonConservative on July 28, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Had to post your whole comment so I could keep up. (You’re sooo much smarter than I am.)

So, are you arguing that instead of the phrase, “Giving your opinions as absolutes”, I should have said, “Treating others like dirt”? Or, perhaps, “Treating others like they’re beneath your contempt”?

You’re right. As I said, I’m not sure what your problem is–DON’T CARE. Grow up and treat others with respect, a-hole!

(BTW, I don’t give a turd out a rat’s ass what you think about ANYTHING! You really are not all that bright. AND–you’re a jackass who treats others poorly and with contempt. Really, not sure why I’m wasting my time on your dumb ass.)

BYE!

RedCrow on July 28, 2012 at 1:16 AM

lolz..I was being serious..She was not a happy camper!..:)
PS..The smileys are a patented “trademark” and mean all is well!..:)

Dire Straits on July 28, 2012 at 1:13 AM

I can only hope that the TSA agent in question falls down a flight of stairs sometime soon. :)

MadisonConservative on July 28, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Well its rack time……good night all…….;-D

angrymike on July 28, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Goodnight angrymike.

AllahsNippleHair on July 28, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Blame Dire for reminding me.

INFORMATION SOCIETY – WHAT’S ON YOUR MIND

Axe on July 28, 2012 at 1:16 AM

JPeterman on July 28, 2012 at 1:13 AM

It was almost as funny as me being smart and fair. WTH?

Cindy Munford on July 28, 2012 at 1:17 AM

KOOLAID2 on July 28, 2012 at 1:14 AM

If it helps, I’m glad.

MadisonConservative on July 28, 2012 at 1:18 AM

This is true, Dire!

cynccook on July 28, 2012 at 1:08 AM

See my 1:13am post!..:)

Dire Straits on July 28, 2012 at 1:18 AM

But, on the other hand…

Liam on July 28, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Really? Because it seems like you m.o. is more: make passive-aggressive statements criticizing other people, launch personal attacks when questioned about them, then declare that you surrender to the other person because they’re a “liberal” and ‘they need it more’ than you do and then proclaim at great length how ‘we’re all on the same side here! Waaaaah!!! Hmmmm. Well, I stand corrected; I truly learn something new every day. Rock on, Liam, rock on with your cuckoo self.

cynccook on July 28, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Good night, Mike!

thatsafactjack on July 28, 2012 at 1:20 AM

MadisonConservative on July 28, 2012 at 1:16 AM

She would like that!..:)

Dire Straits on July 28, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Liam on July 28, 2012 at 1:14 AM

I don’t think you have to worry about Madison Conservative doing any damage to the cause. He would have your back anytime.

Cindy Munford on July 28, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Grow up and treat others with respect, a-hole!

RedCrow on July 28, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Dude, are you doing this on purpose? If so, you should write for South Park. The irony is just off the f**king meter. You seem to be a master at writing the most clever contradictions. The juxtaposition is breathtaking in its duality. I doff my hat, sir.

Unless you really are that much of a goddamned imbecile. In which case…

MadisonConservative on July 28, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Liam on July 28, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Always interesting how those who dislike me also inflate my worth.

MadisonConservative on July 28, 2012 at 1:23 AM

It was almost as funny as me being smart and fair. WTH?

Cindy Munford on July 28, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Well I was taught a valuable lesson. Never *snort* when you are in the vicinity.

JPeterman on July 28, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Cindy Munford on July 28, 2012 at 1:10 AM

I could not believe my eyes when I saw that!!

JPeterman on July 28, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Definite a “jump the shark” moment..:)

Dire Straits on July 28, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Cindy Munford on July 28, 2012 at 1:16 AM

wccawa was his name, I believe. Haven’t heard from or seen him in quite a while.

MadisonConservative on July 28, 2012 at 1:24 AM

It was page 2.

Damn that was a lot of reading. But, up to speed.

Axe on July 28, 2012 at 1:15 AM

LOL Well, thanks for doing that! :D So, what did you think?

cynccook on July 28, 2012 at 1:24 AM

MadisonConservative on July 28, 2012 at 1:06 AM

That question, of itself, exposes you as you are.

Just using your own words here, of your own post.

Anything you posted after that question is irrelevant, a weak and pitiful defense on which you have no possible stand.

I can hammer you here, but I won’t. But the fact remains, as confirmed by your own question, that you feel threatened in some deep-centered way.

Can I help?

Liam on July 28, 2012 at 1:24 AM

I need more popcorn. This is better than UFC pay per view.
I just wish rayra slapped harder. Pathetic.

AllahsNippleHair on July 28, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Dire Straits on July 28, 2012 at 1:13 AM

I got patted down once, but I think the TSA person wasn’t happy doing or considered me much of threat since it was minimally invasive. Some of those folks are crazy.

Cindy Munford on July 28, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Not much of value in here tonight. G’night all.

a capella on July 28, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Cindy Munford on July 28, 2012 at 1:05 AM

…Oh OK! I’m running around doing chores and coming back to the monitor periodically to see what’s going on…I just grabbed a mouthful of Salt Vinegar potato chips…then I saw that! …Do..do you know what chips look like when you are about to swallow them…and they end up like hail on your screen?
It…looks…like…boogers!

KOOLAID2 on July 28, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Always interesting how those who dislike me also inflate my worth.

MadisonConservative on July 28, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Obama would say the very same thing.

Liam on July 28, 2012 at 1:25 AM

MadisonConservative on July 28, 2012 at 1:24 AM

He has commented a few times. I believe he has dedicated his life to the Lord and being here wasn’t the focus he felt was helpful.

Cindy Munford on July 28, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Liam on July 28, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Seriously? Dude!

JPeterman on July 28, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Unless you really are that much of a goddamned imbecile. In which case…

MadisonConservative on July 28, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Your ability for non-sequitur is off the charts. You should write for SNL. You’re a pretentious a-hole who can’t deal with it personally.

RedCrow on July 28, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Cindy Munford on July 28, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Only if he has something to gain by it.

Like would Obama.

Liam on July 28, 2012 at 1:27 AM

John the Libertarian on July 28, 2012 at 1:06 AM

I’m going to wish you a good evening , John. I’ll be looking forward to your email. I’m out.

thatsafactjack on July 28, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Always interesting how those who dislike me also inflate my worth.

MadisonConservative on July 28, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Lol.

RedCrow on July 28, 2012 at 1:28 AM

KOOLAID2 on July 28, 2012 at 1:25 AM

YEW! Have you ever read Bishop and Mad Con go at it? Very very funny.

Cindy Munford on July 28, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Some of those folks are crazy.

Cindy Munford on July 28, 2012 at 1:24 AM

And easily distracted….

cynccook on July 28, 2012 at 1:28 AM

That question, of itself, exposes you as you are.

Just using your own words here, of your own post.

Can I help?

Liam on July 28, 2012 at 1:24 AM

*applause* That is some finely spewed internet bravado, honey. Next time, though, might I suggest a simple hyperlink to save you the keystrokes?

Or are keystrokes not the only strokes that this tough guy routine provides for you? (See? I can pull the same mindless bulls**t and it sounds just as dumb. Honestly, though…none of it sounds quite as dumb as sitting on a website, complaining about the person who makes the website available to you. Do you go to someone else’s house and tell them how ugly you think their kids are?)

MadisonConservative on July 28, 2012 at 1:29 AM

a capella on July 28, 2012 at 1:25 AM

A very odd night.

Cindy Munford on July 28, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Axe on July 28, 2012 at 1:15 AM

LOL Well, thanks for doing that! :D So, what did you think?

cynccook on July 28, 2012 at 1:24 AM

It looked like Liam swatted you with more verve than might be expected, and MadCon eventually asked Liam about the metaphorical stick in his butt — and it went on from there. :)

It doesn’t look like anything that should have gotten very far.

I dunno.

Freakin’ Olympic ceremony, probably. The whole world is probably a little p***** tonight.

Axe on July 28, 2012 at 1:30 AM

cynccook on July 28, 2012 at 1:28 AM

TSA is same sex and that is a pretty weird feeling.

Cindy Munford on July 28, 2012 at 1:31 AM

nite jack

jrsrigmvr on July 28, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Obama would say the very same thing.

Liam on July 28, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Oh, look. The liberal card again. My, but you rely quite heavily on the discount version of Godwin’s Law.

MadisonConservative on July 28, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Can I help?

Liam on July 28, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Sure, Liam, sure.

cynccook on July 28, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Liam on July 28, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Anonymous people commenting to anonymous people, what is there to gain?

Cindy Munford on July 28, 2012 at 1:32 AM

@cynccook

Whatever works for you.

Liam on July 28, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Axe on July 28, 2012 at 1:16 AM

lolz..You reminded me of this stupid dance..:):)

PS..Hope I don’t give you “mind worm”!!..:)

Dire Straits on July 28, 2012 at 1:32 AM

thatsafactjack on July 28, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Goodnight, Jackie. Sweet dreams!

cynccook on July 28, 2012 at 1:34 AM

RedCrow on July 28, 2012 at 1:27 AM

If you’re going to lazily rip off an entire comment, at least adapt the elements in a way that makes sense, or is at least less ironic than using multiple nonsequiturs in a comment decrying them.

Really…I want to know…are you punking us with the waterfall of irony? If you’ve got a site with more of your work, I’d love to see it.

MadisonConservative on July 28, 2012 at 1:35 AM

JPeterman on July 28, 2012 at 1:23 AM

You can *snort* anytime, anywhere.

Cindy Munford on July 28, 2012 at 1:35 AM

Anonymous people commenting to anonymous people, what is there to gain?

Cindy Munford on July 28, 2012 at 1:32 AM

I see no gain, Cynthia. Which is why I don’t argue very much. But I will counter attack.

I let the indigents and other come to their own understanding, let them be seen for what they are.

Egotists like Obama can’t stand being seen as they are. (I’m avoiding other persons here, to suspend the combat if I can)

Liam on July 28, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Oh Love

Schadenfreude on July 28, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Anonymous people commenting to anonymous people, what is there to gain?

Cindy Munford on July 28, 2012 at 1:32 AM

It’s possible that he thinks there will be an ultimate ‘winner’ of the internets announced at some point in the near future. :0?!?

cynccook on July 28, 2012 at 1:36 AM

PS..Hope I don’t give you “mind worm”!!..:)

Dire Straits on July 28, 2012 at 1:32 AM

lol — perfect.

So weird to hate songs I loved once. Or love songs I hate. Whatever’s actually going on in here when those songs are playing. :)

Axe on July 28, 2012 at 1:37 AM

Anonymous people commenting to anonymous people, what is there to gain?

Cindy Munford on July 28, 2012 at 1:32 AM

For Liam, a great deal, it seems. I’d make more jokes about e-peen, but I’m more of a number one than a number four.

MadisonConservative on July 28, 2012 at 1:37 AM