Quotes of the day

posted at 10:41 pm on July 27, 2012 by Allahpundit

President Barack Obama called for a discussion in the wake of the 2011 Tucson shootings and again on Wednesday following the Colorado movie theater rampage. But Mr. Carney did not offer any specifics about his plans for pursuing the matter…

White House officials have said they have no plans to get behind gun-control legislation, citing the difficult politics of the subject.

***

Obama is no stranger to dipping deep into the murky waters of executive powers and finding ways to achieve policy goals that Congress has thwarted. Proponents of gun control say that the president has crystal clear and uncontested powers—some used by an NRA card-carrying GOP president (Bush resigned from the group in 1995)—to deal with assault weapons.

Yet the White House remains stonily silent on Obama’s intentions even to reevaluate whether to exercise these powers. In the Big Easy, he made it sound as if gun control is always hard. It most definitely can be. But there are actions Obama can easily take, and what’s hard for Democrats and gun-control advocates to figure out is why he won’t.

***

[T]he vast majority of voters who dislike gun control have so many other reasons to oppose Obama that they are unlikely to switch just because he holsters this one issue. Congressional Democrats face the same dynamic. One reason Democrats abandoned gun control is because they concluded that it bled them rural- and blue-collar seats during the 1994 GOP landslide. But after slowly recapturing some of those seats, Democrats saw almost all of them wash away again in a 2010 GOP torrent swelled not by guns but the broader recoil from Obama’s activism.

If there is a road back to a Democratic congressional majority, it almost certainly will not run through such downscale districts; rather, it will go through the leafy suburban seats where gun control retains more backing. Likewise, if Obama survives in November, it will largely be because he maintained support among minorities and upscale women—not because he recaptured the blue-collar whites stampeding away from him.

Gun control is a high-risk issue because half of the electorate passionately opposes it. Yet it is the half that Democrats have little chance of reaching. Since Clinton’s era, almost all Republicans, even those from upscale places still open to restrictions, have bowed to the majority position on guns among their core supporters. However, on gun control, almost uniquely for a social issue, the president and most congressional Democrats have elevated the priorities of voters outside of their coalition over the preferences of those within it. In politics, as in combat, it isn’t much of a fight when one side unilaterally disarms.

***

The assault-weapons ban in place from 1994 to 2004, however, was not particularly successful. In prohibiting 19 brands of weapons (along with copycats), the law’s judgments seemed arbitrary. A gun that resembles a military rifle is not inherently more lethal than an aesthetically innocuous weapon. But the law’s prohibition of high-capacity magazines — capped at 10 rounds — strikes me as prudent. A 100-round, drum-style magazine — the kind that police say the Aurora suspect had in his AR-15 — is highly useful to someone intent on mass murder. It is less useful for an average citizen intent on self-defense, unless he fears home invasion by a foreign army.

Such laws are always a balance. In this case, the gain in public safety would be relatively small — restricting access to a destructive technology used by killers at Aurora, Tucson, Fort Hood and Virginia Tech. But the burden on gun rights would be minimal. Defenders of high-capacity magazines argue that they are more convenient at the gun range, since you can fill up a large magazine before leaving home. There is a constitutional difference between the argument “I need to defend myself from aggression” and “I’d prefer to reload less at the range.”

I am open to the idea that other measures — particularly improving the capacity of the mental health system to identify people with emotional problems — should have a higher national priority. Reasonable gun laws are not a panacea. But neither are they a threat to the Constitution. They merit a debate — driven not by ideology but by prudential judgments on public safety.

***

The temptation at times like these is to “do something” about guns. Australia and Britain passed tougher gun laws after mass shootings, and haven’t suffered another since. I would respectfully submit that Australia and Britain are full of Australians and Britons, not Americans. Moreover, neither country is home to an estimated 180 million privately owned guns, as ours is. Guns last forever. The one with which I hunt was made in 1900 and functions as well today as it did then. If tomorrow President Obama signed the ultimate gun-control law—a total ban on the sale, manufacture, and import of guns—we would still be awash in firearms for generations to come. Madmen like the murderer in Aurora would find a way to kill. Witness Timothy McVeigh…

[Forty] percent of Americans own guns, and like it or not, they identify with them, personally. Guns stand in for a whole range of values—individualism, strength, American exceptionalism—that many gun owners hold dear. Tell a gun owner that he cannot be trusted to own a firearm—particularly if you are an urban pundit with no experience around guns—and what he hears is an insult. Add to this that the bulk of the gun-buying public is made up of middle-aged white men with less than a college degree, and now you’re insulting a population already rubbed raw by decades of stagnant wages.

The harm we’ve done by messing with law-abiding Americans’ guns is significant. In 2010, I drove 11,000 miles around the United States talking to gun guys (for a book, to be published in the spring, that grew out of an article I wrote for this magazine), and I met many working guys, including plumbers, parks workers, nurses—natural Democrats in any other age—who wouldn’t listen to anything the Democratic party has to say because of its institutional hostility to guns. I’d argue that we’ve sacrificed generations of progress on health care, women’s and workers’ rights, and climate change by reflexively returning, at times like these, to an ill-informed call to ban firearms, and we haven’t gotten anything tangible in return. Aside from what it does to the progressive agenda, needlessly vilifying guns—and by extension, their owners—adds to the rancor that has us so politically frozen and culturally inflamed. Enough.

***

***

Via Mediaite.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 7

Serious ???..Aren’t the conservtis called Tories in England??..:)

Dire Straits on July 28, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Mathew Arnold and half of English-speaking Canada are (were)Tories. They went to Canada so they could remain British and not join the American secession from Britain. There was a whole slew of them that left up the Merrimec R in Maine ( including Arnold, who was Washington’s best general).

kenny on July 28, 2012 at 12:21 AM

thatsafactjack on July 28, 2012 at 12:02 AM

..aye aye! Full speeding ahead at this time ma’am!

Ya’all be sure to cheer up Cindy Mumford, ya heah? She’s good people, a blood sister, and a mainstay here at Hot Gas! We need to take care of our own!

..blub..blub..blub..

The War Planner on July 28, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Now be sure to get the rest of your fan club out for a counter attack.

JPeterman on July 28, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Hey, JP, everything okay with you? Not like you to be so harsh(ish)….

cynccook on July 28, 2012 at 12:21 AM

CurlyTop on July 28, 2012 at 12:18 AM

You must be new. Allah doesn’t write the QOTD. It’s entirely comprised of quotes of articles, which you’ll notice he hyperlinks in each.

If you’re not new, you’re a goddamned nincompoop.

MadisonConservative on July 28, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Spread this article around, from now until Nov. 6, 2012.

Schadenfreude on July 28, 2012 at 12:18 AM

I’ve been a fan of PJ since…high school early 90′s.

But this article you have just linked is PJ holding no punches.

tom daschle concerned on July 28, 2012 at 12:22 AM

You guys are killing my buzz. Allah finally took me to chick-fil-a and I’m happily stuffed full of chicken.
Now, kiss and make up. All of yous.

AllahsNippleHair on July 28, 2012 at 12:22 AM

What’s up your sphincter? I’m guessing a redwood.

MadisonConservative on July 28, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Why are you getting involved here?

Liam on July 28, 2012 at 12:23 AM

When can we talk about “reasonable” restrictions on abortions?

Blame Obama First on July 28, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Your sign-on name is sweet. I wanted “ObamaIsAStupidB***h!” but they wouldn’t let me have it.
(LOL. Just kidding.)

RedCrow on July 28, 2012 at 12:23 AM

RedCrow on July 28, 2012 at 12:19 AM

Rasmussen has him down by 5 points 49/45 Romney. Romney is exactly where Obama was in the polls at this same point in the election in ’08.

I think Romney will win. I’m throwing a party election night… and another one the 20th of January when Obama takes his LAST free helicopter ride back to Chicago. The minute that chopper lifts off… I’m popping the champagne cork!

thatsafactjack on July 28, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Why are you getting involved here?

Liam on July 28, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Why do you think anything here is private?

MadisonConservative on July 28, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Hey…

Who invited you?

Electrongod on July 28, 2012 at 12:13 AM

…no one!…I fell down!…left knee buckled…right knee buckled…and the wee knee…oh…never mind!

KOOLAID2 on July 28, 2012 at 12:24 AM

cynccook on July 28, 2012 at 12:12 AM

That was very cool!..:)

PS..Almost as cool as when Nicolas Cage broke into Buckingham Palace in the movie National Treasure (2) ..:)

Dire Straits on July 28, 2012 at 12:25 AM

What’s up your sphincter? I’m guessing a redwood.

MadisonConservative on July 28, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Speaking of that — er, term you used:

The Associated PressROCHESTER, Minn. — Illinois Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr., whose whereabouts haven’t been disclosed since he quietly took a medical leave from Congress several weeks ago, is being treated for depression at the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota, according to a statement released Friday by the hospital.
Jackson is undergoing an extensive inpatient evaluation for depression and for gastrointestinal issues, the hospital said in providing the first details about his medical condition. But the statement didn’t disclose where the longtime Chicago congressman, the son of civil rights leader Jesse Jackson, had previously been staying.

You don’t suppose…..

cynccook on July 28, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Why do you think anything here is private?

MadisonConservative on July 28, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Again–why are you getting involved here?

Liam on July 28, 2012 at 12:26 AM

You don’t suppose…..

cynccook on July 28, 2012 at 12:26 AM

If he’s anything like his dad, I’m guessing that wasn’t the only thing left up there by his latest conquest.

MadisonConservative on July 28, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Why are you getting involved here?

Liam on July 28, 2012 at 12:23 AM

We hunt as a pack around here.

cynccook on July 28, 2012 at 12:27 AM

MadisonConservative on July 28, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Thank you for the info!!..:)

Dire Straits on July 28, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Again–why are you getting involved here?

Liam on July 28, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Again-why do you think anything here is private?

MadisonConservative on July 28, 2012 at 12:27 AM

I’m popping the champagne cork!

thatsafactjack on July 28, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Well, if it happens, CHUG a glass for me!!
But, you know, in the US the right is dealing with election fraud–something fierce. Also, media is 95-5 in support of the liberal.

Just not sure how we can win with people “on our side” against “our” candidate.

RedCrow on July 28, 2012 at 12:28 AM

MadisonConservative on July 28, 2012 at 12:27 AM

!!!! Sadly, they could post pix of him tomorrow stiletto-stomping baby sea turtles and he’d still win in a landslide.

cynccook on July 28, 2012 at 12:29 AM

thatsafactjack on July 28, 2012 at 12:24 AM

I’m not celebrating until Obama is on the ground in Chicago, and Airforce Two is in the air and headed back to Andrews without him.

TKindred on July 28, 2012 at 12:30 AM

KOOLAID2 on July 28, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Electrongod on July 28, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Hey, JP, everything okay with you? Not like you to be so harsh(ish)….

cynccook on July 28, 2012 at 12:21 AM

I’m fine, just defending someone against supposition and other crap that stated in May.

JPeterman on July 28, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Now be sure to get the rest of your fan club out for a counter attack.

JPeterman on July 28, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Remind me not to make you mad. :)

kenny on July 28, 2012 at 12:31 AM

cynccook on July 28, 2012 at 12:29 AM

I said it the other night and I’ll say it again…if it wasn’t for the fallout risk, I wouldn’t give a rat’s ass if a nuke hit that s**thole.

MadisonConservative on July 28, 2012 at 12:31 AM

I am a grandfather.

kenny on July 28, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Thank you for being so nice and forgiving. These are incredibly surreal times. Lots of coconuts on the right side too.

You are as welcome here as are all the others. It’s an open house, crazy as it appears at times.

JPeterman you are a very classy person.

A few of the others, sleep, if you can, then apologize, or do it in reverse order, and then move on.

We’ve got bigger fish to fry.

Schadenfreude on July 28, 2012 at 12:31 AM

txmomof6 on July 28, 2012 at 12:19 AM

Good deal..My Mother is a super fan of the Olympics..I like them also I was just mainly picking!..:)

PS..Some of the commercials have been very good!..:)

Dire Straits on July 28, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Sarah is looking good today, especially in them there gogo boots………;-)

angrymike on July 28, 2012 at 12:32 AM

We hunt as a pack around here.

cynccook on July 28, 2012 at 12:27 AM

You’re kidding with that, right?

Liam on July 28, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Thanks!! I loves me some LZ!!! Keep ‘em coming…

Scrumpy on July 28, 2012 at 12:32 AM

JPeterman on July 28, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Good lord. The irony is that BMore is displaying the same spamming tendency that Dr. Tesla always shows…yet they appear to be adversaries.

MadisonConservative on July 28, 2012 at 12:33 AM

Schadenfreude
well put…..;-)

angrymike on July 28, 2012 at 12:33 AM

You’re kidding with that, right?

Liam on July 28, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Sure she is.

MadisonConservative on July 28, 2012 at 12:33 AM

Again-why do you think anything here is private?

MadisonConservative on July 28, 2012 at 12:27 AM

I’ll toss you the ‘win’ you so desperately need right now.

Liam on July 28, 2012 at 12:33 AM

That was very cool!..:)

Dire Straits on July 28, 2012 at 12:25 AM

It was cool but at the same time reminded me of someone’s granny being talked into doing something undignified by her grandkids so they could make a youtube video…

cynccook on July 28, 2012 at 12:35 AM

I’ll toss you the ‘win’ you so desperately need right now.

Liam on July 28, 2012 at 12:33 AM

Interesting that you couldn’t answer the question. You couldn’t answer the question because the fact is that nothing here is private. It’s an open forum. Every now and then, though, we get internet tough guys like you who flex their e-pecs by telling someone to keep out of a discussion, as if you have some expectation of privacy.

It’s always funny.

MadisonConservative on July 28, 2012 at 12:36 AM

JPeterman on July 28, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Gotcha. You’re both good guys, you know that though, right?

cynccook on July 28, 2012 at 12:37 AM

cynccook on July 28, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Proper background check would probably disqualify jr. from purchasing a firearm if he’s being treated.

jrsrigmvr on July 28, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Jpeterman
but your defending the person who started it, we didn’t know him from Adam, and he came here throwing insults……… We should forgive and forget……. as Schadenfreude said, we have bigger fish to fry………

angrymike on July 28, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Sarah is looking good today, especially in them there gogo boots………;-)

angrymike on July 28, 2012 at 12:32 AM

GoGo Boots? BMore will be likin’ that.

Me too.

SparkPlug on July 28, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Sure she is.

MadisonConservative on July 28, 2012 at 12:33 AM

LOL It’s okay, officer, I’ve got my Internet Commenter’s License right here…er, somewhere…

cynccook on July 28, 2012 at 12:39 AM

We hunt as a pack around here.

cynccook on July 28, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Heh.

I have a chicken hangover.

AllahsNippleHair on July 28, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Remind me not to make you mad. :)

kenny on July 28, 2012 at 12:31 AM

I’m the most easy going person you will ever meet. I watched and saw what happened in May and I was a coward and said nothing. I didn’t like watching it happen again for absolutely no good reason.

JPeterman on July 28, 2012 at 12:40 AM

Cynccook
Lol, a pack of cons………;-)

angrymike on July 28, 2012 at 12:40 AM

cynccook on July 28, 2012 at 12:35 AM

You make a very good point!..:)

Dire Straits on July 28, 2012 at 12:40 AM

To Sarah Palin,

the kinks- you really got me

SparkPlug on July 28, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Sparkplug
Me three….hehe……;-D

angrymike on July 28, 2012 at 12:42 AM

*LOL* Okay, sure. I’ll indulge you having a ‘win’ here. Seems to me you need one.

I don’t.

Liam on July 28, 2012 at 12:18 AM

I’ll toss you the ‘win’ you so desperately need right now.

Liam on July 28, 2012 at 12:33 AM

Careful — Those ‘prizes’ aren’t going to mean much if you keep tossing them at everyone who talks back to you…. :D

cynccook on July 28, 2012 at 12:42 AM

I agree with Allah’s post earlier that Bloomberg sounded the “Dog Whistle” on the gun control and all the liberals will began dropping it like a hot potato!..;)

Dire Straits on July 28, 2012 at 12:44 AM

jrsrigmvr on July 28, 2012 at 12:37 AM

I’m sure the Nation of Islam will be sure to keep him supplied with bodyguards so he won’t need one. :/

cynccook on July 28, 2012 at 12:44 AM

JPeterman on July 28, 2012

MadisonConservative on July 28, 2012

Liam on July 28, 2012

etc….and a few names more

……there’s no full moon out…and I’m not used to seeing some of the names I see nipping at each other…it may be because it’s so dry and hot out………….there hasn’t been enough water either side of the Mississippi to fill a swimming pool…..But!…like the guy who drowned in the pool…can I say we reflect on the totality of how we act with these same people on subjects during months and months of threads….where you support each other time and again… and maybe think “Can we?…Can WE ALL get along?
(I don’t want anybody regretting anything…this is a little wierd tonight)…I’m the wierd one…I know!

KOOLAID2 on July 28, 2012 at 12:44 AM

I didn’t like watching it happen again for absolutely no good reason.

JPeterman on July 28, 2012 at 12:40 AM

If you feel like it, post a link so I know what you’re talking about.

If you don’t, listen to this and forget. (LOL)

RedCrow on July 28, 2012 at 12:44 AM

It’s always funny.

MadisonConservative on July 28, 2012 at 12:36 AM

Actually, if you understood a few things, you could have waited a few moments. But your ego couldn’t handle that; you just have to be right all the time–like do liberals.

YOU didn’t answer my question, either. So enjoy your high horse there. I simply don’t care either way. I have nothing to prove and seek no regard while you, being a staple around here, have to maintain all the time.

I’m a Conservative. If you reject me from your ranks, I’m okay with that. That’s your loss, not mine. There are plenty of other Conservatives out there other than you.

I simply don’t care either way.

Over to you…

Liam on July 28, 2012 at 12:45 AM

cynccook on July 28, 2012 at 12:39 AM

*flashes a TSA badge* Strip search time, lady.

MadisonConservative on July 28, 2012 at 12:45 AM

There certainly is a lot of testosterone on this thread tonight. Where my girls at?

cynccook on July 28, 2012 at 12:45 AM

(I don’t want anybody regretting anything…

KOOLAID2 on July 28, 2012 at 12:44 AM

I never regret what I say online, simply because nobody should take it seriously.

MadisonConservative on July 28, 2012 at 12:46 AM

“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to buy cars”

rayra on July 28, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Hm. Hard to figure out who’s fighting with whom, or even why. :) So I need to find something else to do.

Anyone seen Resist? I’ll go check for new evisceration. She loves the evisceration.

Axe on July 28, 2012 at 12:46 AM

RedCrow on July 28, 2012 at 12:28 AM

I think you’re going to be surprised by how very little attention people are paying to the MSM.

I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised by how poorly Obama finishes.

thatsafactjack on July 28, 2012 at 12:46 AM

*flashes a TSA badge* Strip search time, lady.

MadisonConservative on July 28, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Uh, officer — those aren’t what you think they are…I can explain — they’re not mine, a man asked me to carry them for his sick Grandmother — ooh, that tickles!

cynccook on July 28, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Are we grouchy tonight? Come on, the opening ceremony was boring but it wasn’t that bad. Or maybe the parts I slept through were! How did the crowd react to “The Blade Runner”.

Cindy Munford on July 28, 2012 at 12:47 AM

thatsafactjack on July 28, 2012 at 12:46 AM

She’s like a rainbow – The Rolling Stones (with lyrics)

SparkPlug on July 28, 2012 at 12:48 AM

cynccook on July 28, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Yeah! Where your gals at???

RedCrow on July 28, 2012 at 12:48 AM

……… We should forgive and forget

Who is “we”. Do you have a mouse in your pocket?

kenny on July 28, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Somthing to sooth ‘savage’ chests:

Scrumpy on July 28, 2012 at 12:48 AM

cynccook on July 28, 2012 at 12:42 AM

I give self-presumed ‘hotshots’ the win for the day.

Time always tells, later on.

Liam on July 28, 2012 at 12:48 AM

angrymike on July 28, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Just for the record..Rick Perry gave Sarah those cowboy boots..:)

Dire Straits on July 28, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Bmore, please come back. I like you and JPeterman.
It’s just a really strange QoTD.

AllahsNippleHair on July 28, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Liam on July 28, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Ah, I love it. The awesome people who can attribute any perceived negative characteristic of someone they dislike as “liberal”. Like sitting on a website talking about how you don’t “trust” the website author, as if we give a f**k. Don’t like him? Leave. If you’re staying here, reading someone you dislike or distrust, you’re not too bright.

Like liberals.

MadisonConservative on July 28, 2012 at 12:49 AM

She’s like a rainbow – The Rolling Stones (with lyrics)

SparkPlug on July 28, 2012 at 12:48 AM

One of my favorites. Try this one.

RedCrow on July 28, 2012 at 12:50 AM

I simply don’t care either way.

Over to you…

Liam on July 28, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Do people ever tell you that come off as a little defensive? :S

cynccook on July 28, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Here’s one that Nova cued up the other night…. TEN YEARS AFTER

Very soothing.

thatsafactjack on July 28, 2012 at 12:50 AM

cynccook on July 28, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Just take a deep breath and let it out. It’ll make this easier.

MadisonConservative on July 28, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Cindy Munford on July 28, 2012 at 12:47 AM

I think we need some Midol in the water, Cindy. I haven’t seen this much discontent on a QoTD in a long time.

AllahsNippleHair on July 28, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Kenny
Look I have no problem with you, so don’t drag me in, I’m not a internet tough guy ……OK?

angrymike on July 28, 2012 at 12:51 AM

I give self-presumed ‘hotshots’ the win for the day.

Liam on July 28, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Why do you think there’s something to “win” here?

Ah, that’s right. This is how you express your manhood. You take it seriously. So cute.

MadisonConservative on July 28, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Sparkplug
Me three….hehe……;-D

angrymike on July 28, 2012 at 12:42 AM

You reminded me of this classic!!..:)

PS..Maybe I am wrong about it being a classic!..:)

Dire Straits on July 28, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Wow. Who pulled your azz hair? It was stupid, what did you expect?
But, let txmomof6 enjoy it.

AllahsNippleHair on July 27, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Shut up, stupid child.

rayra on July 28, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Dire
They definitely look better on Sarah………;-D

angrymike on July 28, 2012 at 12:53 AM

MadisonConservative on July 28, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Actually, I think s/he was talking about your propensity to give your opinions as absolutes. (I don’t know how this whole thing started, but you can’t thing you’re the angel in the thing?)

Very difficult to have a conversation with someone who’s certain they’re always correct.

RedCrow on July 28, 2012 at 12:53 AM

RedCrow on July 28, 2012 at 12:50 AM

That’s sassy. kewl.

SparkPlug on July 28, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Cindy Munford on July 28, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Cindy! How nice to see you! Please, come sit over here in the corner out of the way. The boys are wrestling. What was the ‘Blade Runner?’ I couldn’t stay to see the end, I had to get my small, traumatized children home to bed. Did you see the dream sequence or whatever it was supposed to be?

cynccook on July 28, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Some people don’t like the music videos on QOTD, some others get offended at LOL (???), others “chit chat” and some people don’t like to encourage the occasion thread thief. Skip what you don’t like, you know who they are.

Cindy Munford on July 28, 2012 at 12:53 AM

cynccook on July 28, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Standing by, Cynccook… or by standing… sipping a very dry martini.

thatsafactjack on July 28, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Yeah! Where your gals at???

RedCrow on July 28, 2012 at 12:48 AM

I thought that exact thing. :) But I don’t think you are supposed to say that out loud. That’s an “inside voice” thing. :) I think. It sounds like one. Like the things I think when I see a hot chick in boots — all “inside voice” things.

Like “damn! you best friend is hot!” — never say this to your girlfriend. Learned that one at 30.

Like “damn! time for the gym!” — learned that one at 15.

Axe on July 28, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Do people ever tell you that come off as a little defensive? :S

cynccook on July 28, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Usually, I’m told I’m overbearing in my Conservatism.

Liam on July 28, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Just take a deep breath and let it out. It’ll make this easier.

MadisonConservative on July 28, 2012 at 12:50 AM

LOL Uh, you’ve done this before, haven’t you?

cynccook on July 28, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Cindy Munford on July 28, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Good evening, Cindy. How’ve you been?

thatsafactjack on July 28, 2012 at 12:55 AM

If you feel like it, post a link so I know what you’re talking about.

RedCrow on July 28, 2012 at 12:44 AM

He did, upthread.

a capella on July 28, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Cindy Munford on July 28, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Thread Hijacker

// (:

SparkPlug on July 28, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Shut up, stupid child.

rayra on July 28, 2012 at 12:52 AM

You should really get that sand out of your vagina.

MadisonConservative on July 28, 2012 at 12:55 AM

*flashes a TSA badge* Strip search time, lady.

MadisonConservative on July 28, 2012 at 12:45 AM

My Mother-in-Law went thru a TSA “pat down” and it took her over a month to get over it!..It really affected her badly!..:)

Dire Straits on July 28, 2012 at 12:56 AM

If you feel like it, post a link so I know what you’re talking about.

If you don’t, listen to this and forget. (LOL)

RedCrow on July 28, 2012 at 12:44 AM

Right here.

Sorry, I just don’t like it when people make stupid accusations without anything to back it up.

JPeterman on July 28, 2012 at 12:56 AM

cynccook on July 28, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Wrestling! That’s why we can’t have nice things. No I didn’t see the dream sequence, I couldn’t even stay awake to see our kids parade through. The Blade Runner is the young man from Spain who is being allowed to run on prosthetics.

Cindy Munford on July 28, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Back at ya Red Crow:

Scrumpy on July 28, 2012 at 12:56 AM

MadisonConservative on July 28, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Why do you feel threatened, when I have clearly proven time and times again I’m on your side?

Liam on July 28, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Very soothing.

thatsafactjack on July 28, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Tried that one, Jack. Not bad.
Try this one, though. (Listen all the way through, though!)

RedCrow on July 28, 2012 at 12:57 AM