Video: London mayor swipes at Romney at Olympics rally for criticizing UK’s preparation

posted at 5:21 pm on July 26, 2012 by Allahpundit

If you’d asked me last week how I saw Mitt’s big foreign policy trip playing out, having him name-checked as a naysaying stooge before a huge crowd at the start of the Olympics — by a Tory, no less — would not have popped to mind. It’s like a scene from a lost “Naked Gun” movie in which Frank Drebin runs for president.

Watch the quickie clip below from last night’s NBC interview to see what caused the kerfuffle. The word that got the British press hopping today is “disconcerting.” Said a pissy David Cameron about Romney’s Olympics stint at Salt Lake City, “It’s easier if you hold an Olympic Games in the middle of nowhere.” (Upon hearing that, SLC’s mayor offered to get Cameron a map.) The hard-left Guardian quotes one senior British source as saying, “What a total shocker. We are speechless.” The Telegraph’s beating him up too:

Mitt Romney is perhaps the only politician who could start a trip that was supposed to be a charm offensive by being utterly devoid of charm and mildly offensive…

Not once have I heard him [in his stump speech] praise Britain or extol the special relationship he now belatedly trumpets. He even reprised his dislike of the NHS shortly before leaving for these shores of benighted, yellow-toothed natives who spend half their lives waiting in hospital, having tried as governor of Massachusetts to ensure that everyone in his state, as in Britain, had access to health care.

His current pledge to “revive” ties between the US and Britain sounds suspiciously like a talking point drummed up in a policy meeting and designed to differentiate himself from President Barack Obama for domestic purposes.

Romney’s since walked back his comments but the wet cement of this narrative is already turning dry. You’ll see three reactions on the right to all of this, I suspect. One: Who cares? It won’t cost Romney a single vote. As lefty Nate Silver put it, “[Doubtful] that Romney will carry Hertfordshire after this Olympics gaffe.” Two: Romney was right. Watch his comments again. He’s clearly been paying attention to British preparations from the unique perspective of a guy who’s had to deal with all of it before. Even Piers Morgan felt obliged to concede his points on CNN this afternoon. Fleet Street’s shooting the messenger here. Three: Why, Mitt, why? The point of the trip is to draw a contrast with The One’s oafish insistence on insulting the British after he took office, from removing the bust of Churchill in the Oval Office to this immortal moment of narcissistic idiocy. Romney’s going to restore the “special relationship” and his first step in doing so is by gladhanding every Brit in sight. (He even mentioned the Churchill bust today.) It’s the easiest diplomatic task imaginable. And yet, somehow, when Brian Williams tossed him a softball about whether British preparations looked okay, the executive/consultant within couldn’t resist a few criticisms. Baffling. This week is nothing but a big photo op, yet somehow it already involves Boris Johnson sneering at “a guy called Mitt Romney” at an Olympics rally. Good lord.

This wasn’t his only gaffe today either, but thanks to Johnson, this is the one that’ll end up in rotation on CNN and MSNBC.

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6 7

ZippyZ on July 26, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Who gives a flying f*** about the brits? Bunch of gap-touthed limeys who stole rock and roll from us!

ELECT WILLARD – AND NUKE THE F*** OUT OF BRITAIN!!!

/Mittybitties

HondaV65 on July 26, 2012 at 8:35 PM

callingallcomets on July 26, 2012 at 8:26 PM

An excellent point.

Cindy Munford on July 26, 2012 at 8:35 PM

I think Romney should retroactively cancel this trip

Can.I.be.in.the.middle on July 26, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Romney was absolutely right. I live one mile from the Olympic Park and it’s a disaster. London is not ready. From when you arrive at Heathrow, border control is chaos, you can wait up to 4 hours for passport control. Traffic is a disaster, everything is clogged up everywhere. Every day there is talk of other strikes. The joke around town is that “They ran out of toilet paper at the Olympics park”. Not that they actually did, but no one would be surprised if it actually happened. THAT’s how bog of the mess it is.

Romney spoke the truth, he called it like he sees it. Isn’t that what we want from our leaders? Yeah.. yeah I get the diplomacy. Just imagine if Romney would have just responded to the question that yeah everything looks perfect. The criticism would be that for someone who managed the Olympics he’s so out of touch of what really is going on. The British media would have gone after him for not knowing what’s going on and would have demanded that for someone who actually ran the Olympics he should have given real advice. Romney was in a lose lose situation.

Sheya on July 26, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Mittbotts yesterday …

Dammit – this Obama fellow is surely poisoning our relations with our long time friends in Great Britain – the guys who were stalwart in supporting us in the war on terror! Why Obama even gave back that bust of Churchill and gave the Queen an Ipod with his speeches on it! THIS SH** HAS TO STOP PEOPLE!!

Mittbotts today …

If I were Mitt, I’d hold every US meeting of my Presidency with Cameron in SLC. And never say a word about it. Just greet him with a smile. But I’m a bastard like that.

WhatSlushfund on July 26, 2012 at 8:33 PM

HondaV65 on July 26, 2012 at 8:38 PM

Speaking of offensive…look at this:

Kate Miltner already contributed greatly to the world with her London School of Economics dissertation on LOLcats. But she’s given us another gift by recently tweeting an awesome photo, bringing an important new fashion product to our attention.

Maiden, a U.K. purveyor of stationery, tote bags and other cute knick-knacks, has gotten into the Olympics spirit, selling a series of humorous Olympic-themed products. The highlight of the collection? A cheeky canvas bag that reads, “I’m Renting My Flat To A Fat American Family.”

Fun fact: about 35.7 percent of American adults are obese, whereas about 26.1 percent of adults in the U.K. earn the “obese” label.

Which isn’t to say that American fans visiting London for the 2012 Olympics this week are necessarily overweight. But the £15.00 tote bag is amusing nonetheless.

At least we think it is. Do you find the dig at Americans bothersome? Check out the “America family” bag, as well as two other funny designs, below… and if you’re so inclined, pick one up at Maiden.com.

They are so sensitive…I would hate to offend them.

Terrye on July 26, 2012 at 8:38 PM

Sheya on July 26, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Okay – so Romney told the truth of the games? I still maintain he shouldn’t have said it.

And then again – if he’s all into telling truths no matter how much they hurt – when’s he gonna admit that RomneyCare is a disaster?

HondaV65 on July 26, 2012 at 8:39 PM

HondaV65 on July 26, 2012 at 8:38 PM

I am not a Mittbot,I am a Republican…what are you? Other than obnoxious… And more than a little strange.

Terrye on July 26, 2012 at 8:41 PM

They are so sensitive…I would hate to offend them.

Terrye on July 26, 2012 at 8:38 PM

We should prolly nuke ‘em huh? I mean – they did insult the messiah right?

Okay – well which is it?

Was Obama right to give back the bust of Churchill since Mitts has proven they are a bunch of bast@rds?

Or did Willy make a mistake in what he said?

Looks to me like you’re making a great argument that Obama has been right all along to snub the Brits.

When did you start shilling for Obama?

HondaV65 on July 26, 2012 at 8:43 PM

ELECT WILLARD – AND NUKE THE F*** OUT OF BRITAIN!!!

/Mittybitties

HondaV65 on July 26, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Like I said, insane…Are you on drugs? You really do seem a bit manic.

Terrye on July 26, 2012 at 8:43 PM

first story on nbc nightly news…is this…

lsm just giddy about this…

cmsinaz on July 26, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Sheya on July 26, 2012 at 8:36 PM

exactamundo

cmsinaz on July 26, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Terrye on July 26, 2012 at 8:41 PM

I’m a conservative who got tired of voting for GOP Ayatollahs who promised me they’d cut government and never, not even one time – did.

So no – I’m not a Republican – though I am registered as one and vote in the primaries in the sincere hope that we can get this party away from the elites who have ruined the hope of conservatism.

You’re still plugged into the Matrix. Enjoy the illusion!

HondaV65 on July 26, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Why are people keeping Honda here by talking to it? It’s so unpleasant.

gracie on July 26, 2012 at 8:46 PM

Strange Romney makes a small gaffe, I’m not even sure it qualifies as a full fledged gaffe, but let’s just call it a small gaffe. Three things occur. One, Romney’s strident supporters can’t acknowledge the misstep and act very thin skinned and too defensive by half about it. Two, Romneys detractors act as if it is Armageddon, and is the end all, thereby making them feel too justified by half in their admitted overall dislike of the man. Three, leftist trolls and leftists feel as though they have something to attack Romney on. And in doing so overshoot by about half. Is that a fair summation of all this much to do about nothing?

Bmore on July 26, 2012 at 8:46 PM

Like I said, insane…Are you on drugs? You really do seem a bit manic.

Terrye on July 26, 2012 at 8:43 PM

You don’t find it hilarious that Mittwits have been complaining about Obama’s disrespect to Britons for years …

And now it’s the Mittwits who are saying … “F*** the Brits!”

I find that absolutely H I L A R I O U S ! ! ! !

HondaV65 on July 26, 2012 at 8:47 PM

When did you start shilling for Obama?

HondaV65 on July 26, 2012 at 8:43 PM

You are so ridiculous…I am aware of the anti Americanism that exists in Europe and Great Britain, especially among the media. I was aware of it long before Mitt Romney was running for President.
This has nothing to do with nuking anyone. And I am not shilling for Obama either, however, I can not say the same thing for you.

Terrye on July 26, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Governor Romney is on a goodwill mission to the British Isles, hopefully to rectify the insult of Obama returning the bust of Winston Churchill, and he gets into a pissing contest with them? What is his goal? Does he want to take over managing the Olympics or the Presidency of the United States? Don’t get me wrong, I’m an avid supporter of his, but someone please get him up to speed on diplomacy! I would have thought only Obama could make such a bone-headed, amateurish error! Come on, Mitt, get your game on!

Oracleforhire on July 26, 2012 at 7:20 PM

That’s how I see it. I’m glad a Mitt supporter agrees, because so few will call it as it is.

INC on July 26, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Why are people keeping Honda here by talking to it? It’s so unpleasant.

gracie on July 26, 2012 at 8:46 PM

Well, ya see – the Willy McDole kiddies love to watch trainwrecks ya sees …

I mean – look at who they’re voting for!

HondaV65 on July 26, 2012 at 8:48 PM

INC on July 26, 2012 at 8:47 PM

That’s an awesome post by that guy – and truely how the Willy McDole kiddies should have handled it.

Mitt make a sh** – now how do we clean this up.

That should have been the approach.

HondaV65 on July 26, 2012 at 8:50 PM

You’re still plugged into the Matrix. Enjoy the illusion!

HondaV65 on July 26, 2012 at 8:45 PM

So, this means that you are some loud mouthed obnoxious moron that deserts the party because the other rank and file Republicans out there did not kiss your ass and vote for whoever you happened to be backing at the time…so now you just have to turn on the whole party and rave like some lunatic on a comment thread. Fine…go vote for Obama until and unless every other Republican out there gets the message and says how high when you say jump..or sit home and pout..whatever. I am done with you.

Terrye on July 26, 2012 at 8:51 PM

I don’t stand behind Sarah Palin. I’m interested in Palin only as a spoiler – if she ran indie – she wouldn’t get my vote (that vote is going to Obama) – but she would get the votes of enough real conservatives to de-rail this embarrassing ayatollah the GOP has put forward as a nominee.

HondaV65 on July 26, 2012 at 8:32 PM

So what happened to your address in “Palinville”?

BTW- I especially love the prediction the Perry “has the speaking talent” and “is in it for the duration”.

Not a recent change … sure, I was a die-hard Palinista and I still don’t believe these stories about her. I could give a rat’s ass for Nicole Wallace – I don’t like her.

But the thing is …

1. Sarah Palin, though she could still enter this race, it’s too late for her to win it. All of us in “Palinville” acknowledged that she had bad numbers with indies – and we said she could turn those numbers around. And – she’s had about three or four opportunities to jump on stage with the other GOP candidates and start creating a narrative that would turn those numbers around. She hasn’t done it. She – of all people, needed to jump into this race early so she could repair the damage done to her reputation by the LSM.

2. Had she jumped in – Rick Perry would not have – and we would not be having this discussion.

3. Perry’s in for the duration – he’s got the money and organization – if not the speaking talent. So the only thing Palin does by getting in at this point is split the Conservative vote to give Romney a boost to the nomination.

HondaV65 on October 5, 2011 at 4:30 PM

HAHA!

Chuck Schick on July 26, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Bmore,

I don’t know if anyone ever gave you a link, or if you looked at AP’s, but this was in the headlines earlier. If you scroll down you’ll see quotes from the NBC interview–those are the ones that made the Brits mad.

His answer later when he was with Miliband was fine, and was what he should have said earlier.

His staff really, really needs to make him practice impromptu speeches and answers to all sorts of questions. They need to think of the most hostile ones that they can. That’s the only way to improve.

INC on July 26, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Terrye on July 26, 2012 at 8:47 PM

So why dis on the Brits? If Cameron had come over here and said something like that – you’d have been all over him.

Get over yourself.

And by the way – the anti-Americanism came along well before Obama. ;)

HondaV65 on July 26, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Bmore on July 26, 2012 at 8:46 PM

I think you have a real point here.I think one of the reasons that some of us are defending Romney is that the reaction was so over the top to the socalled gaffe. I would prefer that it had not happened..I am sure if he had it to do again, he would probably just smile and say it all looks perfect…but then again, the media just went nuts..and the people who always look for an excuse to go after Romney went off on him and in the end..it is all so silly.

Terrye on July 26, 2012 at 8:53 PM

One other observation, did this thread really merritt 513 comments?

Bmore on July 26, 2012 at 8:54 PM

HAHA!

Chuck Schick on July 26, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Hey – I liked Palin one time … and Perry … and Newt … and Sweater Vest.

Woulda voted for any of them except Romney – too bad one of them didn’t win!

Now you’re stuck with a gaffe machine – and reduced to complaining about Britons complaining about his gaffes!

He’s your problem – not mine!

HondaV65 on July 26, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Terrye on July 26, 2012 at 8:53 PM

In other words – “It’s everyone else’s fault but ours!”

HondaV65 on July 26, 2012 at 8:56 PM

More gold – this time the “anti-Palin” Hondav65 melting down about a poll where Romney is beating Palin by 8

It’s a sample of 850 Republicans and “Republican Leaning” Independents.

“Independents” predominately do not vote in primaries unless they are “open”.

Sample conducted in all 50 states – which is also a problem unless they weighted the South heavily. I can’t find any data on the weighting though.

Basically a “big yawn” here because Mitt Romney IS NOT going to be the nominee for the Republican Party. And – if he is – you’ll see a full-throated third party run in the general.

Is the GOP stupid enough to nominate the only other man in the nation with a Socialist Health Care system named after him besides Obama? Amazingly – I don’t even think the GOP is that stupid.

But we’ll see.

HondaV65 on June 13, 2011 at 10:48 AM

HAHA!

Chuck Schick on July 26, 2012 at 8:57 PM

HAHA!

Chuck Schick on July 26, 2012 at 8:57 PM

He never did win it straight up – he won it by splitting the conservative vote. His performance in the south – the geopolitical center of the Republican universe – was lackluster and he LOST in some of the constests down here – especially here in Louisiana where Sweater Vest whipped his ass.

Now – I was wrong that he wouldn’t win the GOP nomination – which is why I won’t make a prediction on whether he’ll win or lose in November.

And – I’ll make this prediction also – before you shut your eyes tonight to go beddie bye – you’ll be thinking of HONDAV65 – because I’m living in your head rent free.

Now back to google with your ass!

HondaV65 on July 26, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Hondav65 on all those nasty, incorrect primary polls:

Polls are very bad predictors at this point.

For instance … they UNIVERSALLY have Romney in the lead.

Romney will NOT win the GOP nomination – even if Palin doesn’t run. There is no way …

HondaV65 on June 9, 2011 at 2:52 PM

Chuck Schick on July 26, 2012 at 9:01 PM

But we’ll see.

HondaV65 on June 13, 2011 at 10:48 AM

But they were Honda … you were so blind!

HondaV65 on July 26, 2012 at 9:01 PM

Mittbotts yesterday …

Mittbotts today …

WhatSlushfund on July 26, 2012 at 8:33 PM

HondaV65 on July 26, 2012 at 8:38 PM

Huh? I am not a Mitt-bot. I am sorely disappointed that he is the nominee (although I’ll hold my nose and vote for him). My point was that Cameron was out of line. Even if Romney’s remark was poor diplomacy, he clearly didn’t mean it as an attack. Cameron responded by pretty much attacking a lot of the US – essentially parroting the US lib “flyover state” rhetoric.

WhatSlushfund on July 26, 2012 at 9:01 PM

Chuck Schick on July 26, 2012 at 9:01 PM

Send that comment to ABC news – I’m sure they’ll bump the Willard gaffe in London in order to run that!

Come on man! Do IT!!

HondaV65 on July 26, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Bmore on July 26, 2012 at 8:54 PM

If the other Mitt people had said something similar to Oracleforhire on July 26, 2012 at 7:20 PM, this thread would have died out quickly.

Most, however, insist he’s perfect and insult anyone who disagrees. I thought the list you left last night on the Walker thread was appropriate. I just went back and checked and there’s no reply. I don’t know if it was missed or ignored.

INC on July 26, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Great news, didn’t even watch the clip, I will take your word for it. Europe is socialist, Europe panders to the (not allow to say the nationality of the terrorists). Europe is lost. Good on Romney, sick and tired of the current panderer in chief.

shar61 on July 26, 2012 at 9:03 PM

WhatSlushfund on July 26, 2012 at 9:01 PM

Don’t short yourself – you make a fine Mittwitt.

HondaV65 on July 26, 2012 at 9:03 PM

HondaV65 on July 26, 2012 at 9:00 PM

So basically, Wrongney lost a contest of “dumb and dumber” against a TheoCon doofus in the South? That’s like losing a clumsiness contest against the Three Stooges.

MelonCollie on July 26, 2012 at 9:04 PM

MelonCollie on July 26, 2012 at 9:04 PM

Hmmm – maybe you should look at the lead story in the network news – the three stooges has been eclipsed by Charle Chapman (a.k.a. Willy McDole)!!

HondaV65 on July 26, 2012 at 9:05 PM

There it is.

INC on July 26, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Thanks INC, yes I had gone back and read everything I could. Mainly because when I got to this thread, admittedly late, I was surprised by all the hub bub. My final take is that sometimes things take on a life of they’re own. This seems like one of those times. We all know Romney has the dreaded foot in mouth disorder. He’s proved that out many times. He has that uncanny ability to create tose unforced errors. In the larger picture, I find this particular instance a bit overplayed. As you are aware, I am by no stretch of the imagination a strident Romney supporter, the reactions just seem a bit over the top. From all sides.

Bmore on July 26, 2012 at 9:06 PM

HondaV65 on July 26, 2012 at 9:05 PM

*jaw drops*

I don’t see what you’re laughing about…dear Lord we are so screwed.

MelonCollie on July 26, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Bmore on July 26, 2012 at 9:06 PM

A very good post sir!

HondaV65 on July 26, 2012 at 9:07 PM

*jaw drops*

I don’t see what you’re laughing about…dear Lord we are so screwed.

MelonCollie on July 26, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Yes – yes we are.

HondaV65 on July 26, 2012 at 9:08 PM

HondaV65 on July 26, 2012 at 9:00 PM

And we all know how good your predictions are, Kreskin!

Chuck Schick on July 26, 2012 at 9:09 PM

INC on July 26, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Yes, I see what you mean. Perhaps I will be able to catch him sometime for his list. I’ll at least try. ; )

Bmore on July 26, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Where did Chuck Schtick go? Is he still locked on to Google gravedigging my old posts from last year?

HondaV65 on July 26, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Oh well, off to some other thread then. Enjoy. ; )

Bmore on July 26, 2012 at 9:10 PM

And we all know how good your predictions are, Kreskin!

Chuck Schick on July 26, 2012 at 9:09 PM

And we all know you can’t defend your candidate very well. You did a good job googling for my posts from last year but you never once came up with a coherent argument supporting Willy’s statements.

Because of course …

There’s no defense for them. :D

HondaV65 on July 26, 2012 at 9:11 PM

INC on July 26, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Yeah, don’t you hate those rude, crude and socially unattractive Palinistas……….oh, wait.

Cindy Munford on July 26, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Time for dinner! Later taters!

Just a recap –

Mitt gaffe today was a 3 on a scale of 1 to 10.

Mittbott reaction and crazy rationalizations …

9 of 10

Pretty good to all those Willy McDole kiddies out there!

Honda signing off!

HondaV65 on July 26, 2012 at 9:15 PM

Because of course …

There’s no defense for them. :D

HondaV65 on July 26, 2012 at 9:11 PM

As I said- he could have worded it better, but the hysteria is delicious.

Now your turn to defend your candidates remarks: let’s start with “the private sector is doing fine”.

Chuck Schick on July 26, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Mitt Romney to the Queen:

“By the way, I faked every orgasm.”

Mr. Wednesday Night on July 26, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Cindy Munford on July 26, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Hey, I’m not a TrueCon anymore. Did you know that I’m now a fake conservative?

Mitt needs to buy some copies of How to Win Friends and Influence Others and send them to some of his more enthusiastic supporters.

INC on July 26, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Oh well, off to some other thread then. Enjoy. ; )

Bmore on July 26, 2012 at 9:10 PM

I’m with you.This one was a big waste….

Barred on July 26, 2012 at 9:24 PM

I think we’re pretty much done here, so I’ll leave with this:

I think you should vote for the flip flopping liar who also has a socialist healthcare system named after him! :D

HondaV65 on July 26, 2012 at 8:26 PM

HondaV65 on July 26, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Meth kills, kids.

Chuck Schick on July 26, 2012 at 9:25 PM

One other observation, did this thread really merritt 513 comments?

Bmore on July 26, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Not really..and now it is 556.

I thought this was an interesting take on the day.

Toby Harndenblog

Terrye on July 26, 2012 at 9:32 PM

INC on July 26, 2012 at 9:18 PM

How in the world did you lose your TruCon status? I’d be crushed.

Cindy Munford on July 26, 2012 at 9:34 PM

INC on July 26, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Probably true, but I also think that a lot of the British press was just so silly about all this that they lost any right to complain.

Really.

Terrye on July 26, 2012 at 9:34 PM

I can’t decide what’s more amusing; the Press working themselves into outrage because some johnny foreigner has accused us of not being ready for the games, or the frothing at the mouth comments by fellow commentators.

And just for the record, I have nice teeth considering I’m English.

EnglishRogue on July 26, 2012 at 9:47 PM

How in the world did you lose your TruCon status? I’d be crushed.

Cindy Munford on July 26, 2012 at 9:34 PM

I think because I enjoyed being labeled as one, so now I’m a fake conservative. The insults have now officially jumped the shark.

INC on July 26, 2012 at 9:50 PM

HondaV65 on July 26, 2012 at 8:32 PM

There it is. Honda’s done gone stupidER.

AllahsNippleHair on July 26, 2012 at 9:53 PM

One other observation, did this thread really merit 513 comments?

Bmore on July 26, 2012 at 8:54 PM

It’s only about 74 if you subtract all of Hondo65′s.

profitsbeard on July 26, 2012 at 9:53 PM

It took Mitt exactly one day overseas before he started apologizing to foreign leaders. Note to Mitt…when you are in Poland, don’t tell them the light bulbs are not installed correctly. Also, when you go over to Israel, please don’t bring up that you’re good friends with their long lost relatives…you know the Indians.

ZippyZ on July 26, 2012 at 10:02 PM

ZippyZ on July 26, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Where did he apologize?

Romney’s ‘No Apologies’ Diplomacy in Action as U.K. Trip Turns to Public Spat

I guess he can’t win!

Chuck Schick on July 26, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Bottom line?

Palin has been overseas and hasn’t f**ked up this way. She’s a careful steward of the language, though you wouldn’t tell by listening to the media.

This is what we get for nominating Governor Marmalarde.

victor82 on July 26, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Now, bear in mind…

When the local Muslim radicals in the East End declare jihad against the Israeli team and MI-6 misses all the signals because of PC, then Mitt will come up smelling like a rose.

However, until then, he gets the bum’s rush. Most of this is unfair hacking by a British Media that wants to deal with the Devil It Knows.

victor82 on July 26, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Rebuttal!

LMFAO!!

Man, if I LMFAO’d that much I’d probably rapture an organ.

R. Waher on July 26, 2012 at 10:24 PM

victor82 on July 26, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Anyone can make a mistake.

Cindy Munford on July 26, 2012 at 10:30 PM

Mitt proved himself unworthy to be President in England.

Three unforced errors in short order.

1) This is the worst. You never talk about intelligence briefings. Here we are talking about White House leaks and Romney leaks British intel. You simply do not do that. What you talk about is “private”. Period. I sure hope a Syrian does not lose his life over this.

2) You do not rain on someones parade. Period. No excuses. He was not helping in any way just raining on their parade.

3) His expensive horse in the Olympics and he is bragging about it. Give me a break. Rubbing his wealth in our faces. Bad performance.

Check out Krauthammer.

Steveangell on July 26, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Let’s remember who the critics are here!

Del Dolemonte on July 26, 2012 at 10:52 PM

HAHA!

Chuck Schick on July 26, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Thanks for the reminder – the a good portion of the Perry tribe were some of the nastiest, most irritating posters going. Glad most of them are gone. Makes sense now that there was a period where it was quiet. It seems the butthurt of seeing Perry crash and burn has diminished and now we are being punished for Perry’s bad performance.

kim roy on July 26, 2012 at 10:56 PM

It’s only about 74 if you subtract all of Hondo65′s.

profitsbeard on July 26, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Lol! Good point as usual. ; )

Bmore on July 26, 2012 at 10:56 PM

The larger clip here adds some context. It bothered me that Mitt had no idea what his wives horse would be doing. Can not imaging my wife would be happy if I did not care enough about her to find that out were she Ann.

It also bothers me that Piers is defending Romney. He hates all non Democrats. But then too I do consider Romney a Democrat guess so does Piers. Again you do not rain on someones parade.

Steveangell on July 26, 2012 at 11:00 PM

HondaV65 on July 26, 2012 at 8:32 PM

There it is. Honda’s done gone stupidER.

AllahsNippleHair on July 26, 2012 at 9:53 PM

More like a deranged individual…

jimver on July 26, 2012 at 11:06 PM

It’s official – Romney’s trip has proved to be a PR fiasco. The kicker is he didn’t even have to be there or say any of it! And just when he seemed to be on offensive again. Someone save that man from himself!

inthemiddle on July 26, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Steveangell on July 26, 2012 at 11:00 PM

‘His wives horse’???i wasn’t aware that Mitt had more than one wife :)..

jimver on July 26, 2012 at 11:09 PM

inthemiddle on July 26, 2012 at 11:08 PM

You mean like when Obama gifted the Queen DVDs encoded for the US NTSC region looool :)

jimver on July 26, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Wait, did I say “rapture an organ”? Oh. Well, that’s probably worse than it just rupturing.

R. Waher on July 26, 2012 at 11:11 PM

inthemiddle on July 26, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Oh. And I forgot the ‘POlish death camps’ charm offensive :)…

jimver on July 26, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Only Mittens is so devoid of tact or social intelligence that he has turned our biggest foreign ally against us in a matter of hours upon landing there. That has got to be some kind of record. On the other hand, somewhere Axelrod is offering to pay for any foreign travels Mittens wants to take from now on.

inthemiddle on July 26, 2012 at 11:18 PM

It’s a ‘flesh wound’ that can heal rather quickly, but Harnden ad Spilius, were rather ‘thick’ during the last campaign, illustrating
the trend we see here;

narciso on July 26, 2012 at 11:24 PM

inthemiddle on July 26, 2012 at 11:18 PM

I’m sure giving back that Churchill bust, giving the Queen an iPod of your speeches and those DVDs that didn’t work, classless trash, and the falkland island debacle is gonna be a bigger snub.
But, keep dreaming, stupid.

AllahsNippleHair on July 26, 2012 at 11:28 PM

inthemiddle on July 26, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Really dumba$$…
Obama hands an ipod of his own speeches to the Queen…this in conjunction with giving the Brits a bunch of lame CD’s in the wrong format.

….and after the Brits had a gift made from a slave ship to represent their support for how far the black community had come.

….or was taking Churchill’s bust out of the White House not insulting enough.

Obama had insulted the British so much that he was not even invited to the Royal wedding.

…..and of course the best way to tie this era of democratic stupidity up was for the Obama administration to leak out a secret program and expose an invaluable M15 al-qaeda undercover agent with one of their self-serving leaks.

….does your dumba$$ even have the ability to think past a double digit IQ before you post???????

Baxter Greene on July 26, 2012 at 11:28 PM

AllahsNippleHair on July 26, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Exactly….

There are so many dipsh!t moves by Obama to keep up with that I had forgotten about the Falkland Island debacle.

Baxter Greene on July 26, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Romney will probably make up for this foreign relations problem with his visit to Israel. They will probably love him there.

Frivolous on July 26, 2012 at 11:30 PM

inthemiddle on July 26, 2012 at 11:18 PM

..and by the way genius….
With the Brits taking on some serious egg on their face screwing up the Korean flag today….
……….Mitt’s starting to look like he is right on target.

Nothing screams “we’re ready” like watching an Olympic team storm off the field in protest because the Brits can’t get their flags straight.

Baxter Greene on July 26, 2012 at 11:33 PM

The Tories……are NOT Thatcher Tories they are Jeb Bush Tories……

And I don’t care if Romney calls Cameron the Anti-Christ and Londoners snobs…..which they are.

Mitt isn’t a COMMIE, case closed.

PappyD61 on July 26, 2012 at 11:37 PM

inthemiddle on July 26, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Not to worry, obama took care of that long before mitt, he pretty much pissed on he US-UK ‘special relation’ when he returned Churchill’s bust and when he implied that the UK austerity policies are somehow nor the right policies for the UK….soon after that he was pretty much told off and suggested to to mind his own economic problems and deficit by both Merkel amd Cameron….talking of monumental gaffes :)…as for what Mitt did, that’s not a gaffe, idiot, it was all over the newspapers and media in England, if you bothered to inform yourself you’d know that one of the private security firms contracted to provide security during the Oympic games failed to provide the adequate number of security guards, reason why they had to bring more military personnel in…so it’s the preparations for the even that were inadequate and a fiasco by the organizers, Mitt only repeated everybody”s concern over the security screw up…when you have so many people from all over the world in your country for an event of that magnitutde, I believe that the sensitivity of the Brits over the criticism is less important, what matters is the security of hundreds of thousanfs of people present at the event…so, MItt was right in expressing concerns over preparations…

jimver on July 26, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Cameron and Romney, are distressingly similar, McKinsey and Bain men, consultants, concerned with minutae rather than the big plan,

narciso on July 26, 2012 at 11:41 PM

AllahsNippleHair on July 26, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Exactly….

Baxter Greene on July 26, 2012 at 11:30 PM

I completely forgot about the falkland debacle…and remember when he called them the maldives hahaha :)

jimver on July 26, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Lol my neighbor next door is a Brit and said the idiots had no idea what they were doing over there. Mitt was more than gracious, I didn’t want Mitt to win the primary, but at least he fights back.

Africanus on July 27, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Steveangell on July 26, 2012 at 11:00 PM

What? I mean really…Romney gets in trouble if a British media guy is sort of nice to him and he gets in trouble if a British media guy or gal is mad at him.

And to hear Charles Krauthammer tell it..it is a bad thing is Romney is associated with the horse thing..but then it is a bad thing if Romney does not know about the horse stuff.

No one is going to care about any of this in November.

Terrye on July 27, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Bottom line?

This is what we get for nominating Governor Marmalarde.

victor82 on July 26, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Really? When?

And btw, one of the reasons that Sarah Palin was not nominated was that she did not bother to run. Governor Marmalarde…{whatever that means} did..and he won the most votes. Sarah was too busy doing reality TV.

Terrye on July 27, 2012 at 12:09 AM

inthemiddle on July 26, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Maybe he was there to get the Winston Churchill bust back.

Dr. ZhivBlago on July 27, 2012 at 12:12 AM

ELECT WILLARD – AND NUKE THE F*** OUT OF BRITAIN!!!

/Mittybitties

HondaV65 on July 26, 2012 at 8:35 PM

You are demented, if there were any doubts….

jimver on July 27, 2012 at 12:18 AM

ELECT WILLARD – AND NUKE THE F*** OUT OF BRITAIN!!!

/Mittybitties

HondaV65 on July 26, 2012 at 8:35 PM

You are demented, if there were any doubts….

jimver on July 27, 2012 at 12:18 AM

No doubts, no doubts at all.

Terrye on July 27, 2012 at 12:21 AM

I thought all the brits left for spain when the burka crowd
overtook the joint.

Texyank on July 27, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Funny how our professional candidate, makes such rather elementary
misjudgements’

but the ‘reality star’, a travelogue of the state she holds so dear,
got the issue right,