They built it: Meet Jim and Ché

posted at 6:01 pm on July 26, 2012 by Mary Katharine Ham

My friend and very talented former video producer, Sean Malone, has been working on a new project for months— Economic Freedom Stories, putting a face on the entrepreneurs who take risks, leap through hoops, and work harder and smarter every day to make their businesses and the economy go.

So often, politicians enact regulations with little thought to cost to employers, in sheer dollars, extra time, and sometimes even layoffs. Just recently, the president himself dismissed the hard work and intelligence necessary to start and sustain a business. Meeting some of the people Sean profiles might help even the most collectivist among us understand why we shouldn’t casually dismiss the contributions of people willing to take these risks.

Meet Jim Garland, who started a boat-cleaning business as a young man and now employs 70 people in an airplane-detailing service in Northern Virginia. His business is now spawning another business, which is run by an employee of Jim’s. The whole story is worth your time.

This is Ché Ruddell-Tabisola, who started the BBQ Bus food truck in D.C. He talks about the challenges of doing battle with D.C.’s ever-changing regulations.

I know we’ve got a few entrepreneurs in our audience. Economicfreedom.org is looking for more stories of risk-taking and success, so go share yours.

It’s a project of the Charles Koch Institute.

Meanwhile, in Chicago, Chick-fil-a franchise owner Lauren Silich responds to Mayor Rahm Emanuel:

Since our opening last year, Chick-fil-a Loyola Water Tower has been dedicated to serving all of our guests with honor, dignity and respect.

In response to the recent controversy regarding an additional location in Logan Square and comments by Mayor Rahm Emanuel, I would like to to invite Mayor Emanuel into my restaurant to meet me, my husband Steve, and my management staff.

We are a family of deep Chicago roots— my husband and I both came from city worker families (Teachers, police, laborers) and Steve is a city worker.

We are not a corporation— we are real people and taxpayers as each Chick-fil-a franchise is independently owned and operated. We are Chicagoans who are dedicated to serving our community. We hold fundraisers for hospitals, school, fallen police, and we donate to a wide variety of causes, including everything from churches to gay and lesbian organizations.

We alone created 97 jobs this past year and our passion is building leaders for further generations, regardless of sexual orientation or beliefs.

In addition to my personal invitation to Mayor Emanuel, we would like to extend the invitaion to any Chicagoan to visit and experience our Restaurant. We will continue to serve our guests in the only way we know how — with great food, exceptional service and a lot of fun.

Comments

Seriously, who gives a sh** what their stance is on gay marriage. Their sandwiches are freakin delicious.

God you lefties are so petty and childish.

jawkneemusic on July 26, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Ché Ruddell-Tabisola should sell T-shirts with his face on it.

Mark1971 on July 26, 2012 at 6:05 PM

What O is saying, no joke:
Oh, you think you’re so smart, you think you work so hard… well let me tell you, a lot of people are smart, work just as hard as you ever did, and they don’t have the kind of money got for being lucky in business. Fork it over $$$!
Unfortunately, he’s also slighting all the employees that work real hard to build things, who take pride in what they’ve accomplished, because it’s almost as if O is saying that everything regarding work and getting things done is generic, one warm body is as good as another.

anotherJoe on July 26, 2012 at 6:10 PM

As always with squishes, fighting back means Kowtowing to the opposition. I about puked when I read:
‘I’M NOT ONE OF THEM! I give to LGBTGIXOPDMOGY causes as well.”
Also in the news.
I knew Condi was still in the mix. Way too many coincidental statements. Almost looks like they’re greasing the wheel for an announcement.

AmeriCuda on July 26, 2012 at 6:10 PM

Chick-FilA lemonade. Great on a hot summer day.

dissent555 on July 26, 2012 at 6:13 PM

You know the really bizarre aspect of the Chicago Chick-Fil-A story? Say what you want about gay marriage, it is legal in Massachusetts, so even if the mayor of Boston is flinging down the Free Exercise clause and dancing on it–as I believe he is–he can at least say he’s insisting a business wishing to locate in the Hub observe state policy.

But gay marriage is not recognized in Illinois! So Rahm Emmaneul is basically saying it’s wrong for a company in Chicago to endorse what is, after all, policy of the state.

radjah shelduck on July 26, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Your response Rhamboy ?
Horse’s head or a dead fish ?

burrata on July 26, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Really, this is what America is being reduced to. If this doesn’t sicken the average person, then this country is gone.

DDay on July 26, 2012 at 6:15 PM

August 1st going to be Chick-fil-a Day……my wife just told me she read someone is calling for a day of unity for our conservative brother. We are going to go buy a platter of nuggets at one of CFA’s premier Atlanta franchises on that day. FWIW – those nuggets freeze well and taste great after being defrosted.

David in ATL on July 26, 2012 at 6:17 PM

Charles Koch Institute

eegads!!! Hyperventilating!!! Swear words!!!

/progressive moron

tru2tx on July 26, 2012 at 6:17 PM

DDay on July 26, 2012 at 6:15 PM

…I’ll be looking for letters to the editor in various newspapers…because the MSM won’t let us know how the average person feels about this…and often times the other side is organized in that regard!

KOOLAID2 on July 26, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Eat more chicken on Aug 1st buycott.

I personally don’t give a rats bum what humans do with their sexuality, but using collective pressure to redefine words, concepts and truths for an emotional need is reprehensible. That makes one guilty of evasion, the root cause of all vice and evil in this world.

end the human action of evasion and we’d have a perfect world.

jomondo44 on July 26, 2012 at 6:24 PM

DDay on July 26, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Look at this

DOJ official refuses to promise that DOJ will NEVER advance an anti-blasphemy law

A stunning exchange took place today when Assistant AG Tom Perez of the DOJ Civil Rights Division refused to commit to the House Judiciary Committee Subcommittee on the Constitution that it would never advance a law criminalizing the right to criticize any religion.

The non-commital answer by Perez was in response to a question asked by Rep. Trent Frank (R-AZ): “Will you tell us here today that this Administration’s Department of Justice will never entertain or advance a proposal that criminalizes speech against any religion?”

Here’s the exchange:

Three guesses as to the religion and the first 2 don’t count.

To paraphrase George Orwell,“All Americans have First Amendment rights, but some have more than others.”

Resist We Much on July 26, 2012 at 6:26 PM

If I told you that I have just completed the work on a super uber scientific style engine that would produce prodigious amounts of energy that cost nothing at all (you can guess or not if I’m being authentic here) and told you that I would not divulge this information because America is too communistic, would you believe me, and if so, would you attempt to force me to divulge the information in the threat of whatever in order to get this Earth changing tech?

I know the answer, this is my reason for silence.

Just wanted to get it on record……that you lose, liberal communist f*cks. BUT, because you lose, so does everyone else.

G’day.

Wolfmoon on July 26, 2012 at 6:27 PM

Oh yes, those brave fast food entrepreneurs, where would people eat without them?

bayam on July 26, 2012 at 6:28 PM

Your response Rhamboy ?
Horse’s head or a dead fish ?

burrata on July 26, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Health Department
Zoning Board
Labor Department
Sanitation Department
SEIU
Teamsters Union
Road Maintenance

slickwillie2001 on July 26, 2012 at 6:29 PM

Ms. Silich, good luck with that.

Rahm Emmanuel is not the least bit interested in an honest business, no matter how well it serves Chicago. He’s a Progressive. That means he’s a thug, he’s amoral, and he’s completely committed to tyranny by political partisans. It also means that he is incapable of an intellectually honest or consistent position, either because he is too partisan to know one when he sees it, or because he is too committed to his personal power to care. Either way, the best you’ll get is a smile toward your face and knife in your back. If you’re lucky, he won’t smile.

These are evil human beings. You cannot approach them using politeness or reason.

philwynk on July 26, 2012 at 6:29 PM

Resist We Much on July 26, 2012 at 6:26 PM

True, if you’re a wealth person or organization, not only can you force people to hear your message by broadcasting it over public airwaves, but you can buy out every single open ad spot to prevent anyone else from sharing another viewpoint- or at the very least push out advertising prices to high as to lock out everyone else. Talk about freedom of speech.

bayam on July 26, 2012 at 6:31 PM

I wondered how long it’d be ’til someone from Chick-fil-a, corporate or otherwise, would screw up and extend an invitation to Emanuel or talk about their openness to the homosexuals.

You cannot be civil with these people. You use (figurative) blunt force on them. They’re like a stupid beast of burden. That’s all they understand. You don’t give into the homofascist movement or their enablers in the democrat party. You destroy their economies by taking your productive business elsewhere and you destroy their ideas and reputations by exposing them, constantly.

avgjo on July 26, 2012 at 6:31 PM

bayam on July 26, 2012 at 6:28 PM

?

Bmore on July 26, 2012 at 6:32 PM

Charles Koch Institute
eegads!!! Hyperventilating!!! Swear words!!!
/progressive moron
tru2tx on July 26, 2012 at 6:17 PM

LOL – let’s hope it makes some progressive moron heads explode! (Figuratively speaking, of course)

KS Rex on July 26, 2012 at 6:33 PM

bayam on July 26, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Cry me a bloody river, already!

I can’t force you to listen to anything and I support the rights of all organisations, including unions, EnviroNazis, and communists, to advocate their positions.

I believe in MORE speech, not LESS. I will defend to the death your right to say whatever you want no matter how despicable it is. I am not of the ideology that supports speech codes, hate speech laws, and is unable to rule out “anti-blasphemy” laws.

Good luck with that, toots! I’ve seen your future and, if you think it is “liberal,” I have a falling down bridge in Londonistan to sell you.

Resist We Much on July 26, 2012 at 6:36 PM

These would be effective memes were Romney capable of keeping his pie hole shut. A cursory glance at the aggregator memeorandum indicates a schooling-of-sharks feeding frenzi over Romney’s “charm offensive” in the U.K., a “charm offensive” that Spillius (great name!) of the Telegraph calls both “charmless” and “offensive.”

Apparently our “Anglo-Saxon” (snarf!) brothers and sisters actually read Romney’s book No Apology, particularly the part where the candidate called Britain “a tiny island that makes stuff nobody wants.” Romney has spent a lot of time apologizing for his No Apology, wouldn’t you say? Ironic, I must say. And then there’s the Olympics thing that Romney’s already had to “backpedal” on and so for forth.

Well, it’s not as bad as Obama’s speech beneath the Column of Victory but only conservatives were outraged by that particular slap in the face. Romney’s gaffes and pratfalls entertain everyone.

casuist on July 26, 2012 at 6:37 PM

I went out of my way to eat at Chick-fil-a today.

Can’t stand fried food. But some things are lot more important than arteries.

logis on July 26, 2012 at 6:37 PM

While listening to Rush this AM, another realization hit me.

As successful business owners, we pay our basic income/payroll/fuel/sales/etc. taxes just like everyone else for the “roads & bridges”, etc. What has been unmentioned, though is that businesses also pay business license fees, business property taxes, and other payments to government entities simply for the “privilege” of doing business in a city, county, or state. We pay significantly more than our share for the infrastructure.

This needs to be acknowledged in presenting our side of the issue.

LooseCannon on July 26, 2012 at 6:38 PM

MKH on Fox News now.

TXUS on July 26, 2012 at 6:40 PM

Resist We Much on July 26, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Yeah, but “P!ss Christ” will always be okay. Why? Well, because Christians, by and large, aren’t complete barbarians and nobody’s scared of them.

RedCrow on July 26, 2012 at 6:40 PM

HOTAIR.COM getting major exposure with MKH on Fox’s All Star Panel right now.

Way off topic, but way cool.

tru2tx on July 26, 2012 at 6:41 PM

A multi-millionaire recently sent this “Open Letter” to certain Americans:

Dear US citizen on the dole:

35% of you are on some sort of welfare or government assistance (excluding Medicare or Social Security). In 1962 only 6% were on what we call “welfare” today. 8% of you are on some sort of disability payment, more than double the amount from 1992, one in 15 of working Americans now versus one in 33 in 1992.

You think I am complaining? Oh no, quite the opposite. Stay on those programs. In fact, you folks out there that are thinking “if Joe can get on it, why not me? Please, feel free to go ahead.

Why would I say such a thing? Well, because I am motivated and ambitious. I am what most would describe as a real “go-getter”. I didn’t waste 100K on some Ivy League BA in “diversity studies”. I majored in business. And I am well on my way on making millions of dollars. And you folks will never be a competitor of mine. You see, you folks increase my chances of success because there are less and less of folks like me in the populace. Well, except for the hard working legal immigrants that come here because they know the same thing I do: your inability to add yourselves to the competitive pool make it easy pickings for those of us who persevere and never give up.

To quote Chris Rock: “we’re rich bit#@!”

True, I am considered the 1%. I work REALLY hard and long, but the payoff is well worth it. And yes, you will demonize me and the President will do the same and wax on that I do not “pay my fair share”. Fine. Raise my taxes if you can. If you do, I’ll begrudgingly comply. Then, I’ll work even harder to make up the difference or I will raise my prices for my product. I will find a way to make up the difference and do whatever I can to keep as much as I can so I can be in charge of what I do with my wealth and so I can personally decide whom I donate to as part of my ongoing charitable and philanthropic commitments.

So, you folks in the “occupy” movement and you liberals and Democrats out there who are pushing for more and more “income redistribution”, please go ahead and go all out with your goal of “social justice”, pushing more and more folks into dependency on some sort of government program that takes them out of the market of competitiveness. Make the talent pool even smaller. I LOVE IT.

What is great about the liberals, progressives and Democrats goal of “social justice”is that it ensures that I will not have to worry about being around you folks. You will never enter my realm or my neighborhood. Granted, liberals, progressives and democrats are all over my neighborhood! VERY RICH liberals, progressives and democrats that is! The joke on you is that THEY also do not have to worry about being around folks like you on the dole. And believe me; they love it that way because I KNOW them. I hang with them. They push the whole liberal, progressive “social justice” platform to keep them in power since unlike me, they get their riches from the taxpayers and via inside information they glean from Capitol Hill & Ivy league alma mater connections or from Hollywood or the Sports & Entertainment world. They don’t care one whit about you. The more they remain in power the richer they become. Just like me, but with a different vehicle. We all live in the same neighborhoods and frequent the same vacation spots, restaurants, country clubs, etc.

You will never see the inside of these places.

Seriously, when was the last time Nancy Pelosi, John Kerry, Jay Z or Sean Penn hung out or socialized with one of you? How many of folks on welfare or food stamps hang out at their cribs or are friends of theirs.

Answer: ZERO!

Think of all the big liberals, progressives and democrats out there “fighting” for you. I can’t even fathom how long a list can be made. When was the last time you ever personally saw them? They live in a different world; my world. They invite me to all their affairs because, political affiliation notwithstanding, I am indeed part of the CLUB. You, the nanny-state dependent, sorry to say, are not welcome in their inner world.

Now, if you want to enter this world, and REALLY piss em’ off, stop taking the payments and get yer’ ass in gear and I and folks like me on the rich, Republican, Conservative side of the world will welcome you into the fold.

We are waiting.

Opposite Day on July 26, 2012 at 6:42 PM

yeah, cuz right up there with policemen and women getting shot and killed in the line of duty are %$#@s screaming and whining about how “oppressed” they are. turn on your television any given day and you’ll see how “oppressed” they are. this is utterly ridiculous.

GhoulAid on July 26, 2012 at 6:42 PM

KOOLAID2 on July 26, 2012 at 6:22 PM

I was out working near a Chic-fil-a today and decided to have lunch. And much to my surprise, not a parking space available and the drive-thru line was at least fifteen cars deep. I want to believe these were the average people of America. But, the skepticism in me says they only wanted a good chicken sandwich.

DDay on July 26, 2012 at 6:43 PM

David in ATL on July 26, 2012 at 6:17 PM

Huckabee announced this on his FNC TV show this past weekend.

BuckeyeSam on July 26, 2012 at 6:43 PM

This needs to be acknowledged in presenting our side of the issue.

LooseCannon on July 26, 2012 at 6:38 PM

Great point.

As you probably now everyone should see what trucking businesses pay in taxes.

Imagine of most businesses were not started…as Rush pointed out we would not have the money for the roads. The businesses are the eggs and the egg came first.

CW on July 26, 2012 at 6:44 PM

bayam on July 26, 2012 at 6:28 PM

The customers would just find somewhere else to eat.

But if the entrepreneurs themselves couldn’t succeed in their business venture, they would have to quit and go back to low-level employee-status somewhere, like yourself.

listens2glenn on July 26, 2012 at 6:44 PM

I love American Exceptionalism.

davidk on July 26, 2012 at 6:45 PM

August 1st going to be Chick-fil-a Day… …

David in ATL on July 26, 2012 at 6:17 PM

I like that idea, this has the potential to become a point of resistance to rally together against the pushers of the new morality and insidious political correctness. It has the potential, but I personally don’t know whether the Chik-Fil-A issue is big enough to do it.

Like the Ground Zero Mosque was the ultimate winning issue for us. At the height of the furor regarding the gzmosque people were being turned off to the Democrats en masse. I really hope we can revive that issue again, or a related issue, and stir passion again. Not just for political gains, but also as a means to fight the political correctness run amok.

anotherJoe on July 26, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Thank you, God for our American Freedom.

kingsjester on July 26, 2012 at 6:46 PM

I went out of my way to eat at Chick-fil-a today.

Can’t stand fried food. But some things are lot more important than arteries.

logis on July 26, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Order the Chargrilled Chicken Sandwich, numbnuts. Take a pass on the potato wedges and order the cole slaw.

Problem solved.

BuckeyeSam on July 26, 2012 at 6:47 PM

bayam on July 26, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Force? Really how so?

Every single spot? All “wealth” people and organizations? Really? they all have that much money?

Push out prices? Oh so powerful

F-

You’re a nut but let’s pretend for a second you are not. Ever hear of the internet?

You’re still dimmer than a box of dope addicted democrats.

Sheesh you’re a useful idiot.

CW on July 26, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Resist We Much on July 26, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Very interesting, I vaguely remember hearing something of this before. I believe you and I agree, the First Amendment applies to all and that includes the loony tunes crowd as well. After all, I need a laugh from time to time.

DDay on July 26, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Opposite Day on July 26, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Great letter, there, the guy sums it all up, and it’s certainly recommended reading.

TXUS on July 26, 2012 at 6:48 PM

bayam on July 26, 2012 at 6:28 PM

Better than what you sell on the corner. No one’s buying.

AllahsNippleHair on July 26, 2012 at 6:49 PM

bayam on July 26, 2012 at 6:28 PM

Wow. Really?

Phuck off mooch. We have enough welfare queens like yourself.

CW on July 26, 2012 at 6:49 PM

Romney’s gaffes and pratfalls entertain everyone.

casuist on July 26, 2012 at 6:37 PM

So does your relationship with your mother.

AllahsNippleHair on July 26, 2012 at 6:51 PM

RedCrow on July 26, 2012 at 6:40 PM

The head of the BBC admitted earlier this year that the network goes harder on Christians and is easier on Muslims because it fears retaliation.

BBC Chief: Christianity Gets Less Sensitive Treatment Than Other Religions

M2RB: The Clash

Resist We Much on July 26, 2012 at 6:52 PM

bayam on July 26, 2012 at 6:28 PM

Better they be brave like Solyndra right? You know gambling with our money ….

and where would anybody get there energy without them?

——

Oh wait…hmmmm

Quite unbelievably, President Obama put himself in the company of persons related to the 2010 Solyndra energy company scandal, which has sullied the reputation of the White House for the past two years. Not only was Obama in the presence of such individuals again, but he was repeating the same reasoned-method of contact. Obama and the Solyndra-related people were together to raise funds for Obama’s election once again.

CW on July 26, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Romney’s gaffes and pratfalls entertain everyone.

casuist on July 26, 2012 at 6:37 PM

barack obama: “uh……uh…..i’d like to lead the uh……united states…..but, uh…….uh….my testicles seem to be…..uh….in my wife’s purse…..and uh…..uh…….she’s out eating a cheeseburger, fries, and a milkshake right now. uh.”

GhoulAid on July 26, 2012 at 6:54 PM

casuist on July 26, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Heh did you hear the one about Obama putting down business owners?////

CW on July 26, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Romney’s gaffes and pratfalls entertain everyone.

casuist on July 26, 2012 at 6:37 PM

So does your relationship with your mother.

AllahsNippleHair on July 26, 2012 at 6:51 PM

davidk on July 26, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Guess where I went for lunch today? Heh. The only reason I would go to Chicago would be to buy a meal at that store…

golfer1 on July 26, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Talk about freedom of speech.

bayam

Talk about being dumb as a stump.

You and your friend didn’t do that, somebody else made that happen.

xblade on July 26, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Force? Really how so?

CW

Well, apparently the mute button stops working when a wealth person buys an ad.

xblade on July 26, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Romney’s gaffes and pratfalls entertain everyone.
casuist on July 26, 2012 at 6:37 PM

So does your relationship with your mother.

AllahsNippleHair on July 26, 2012 at 6:51 PM

davidk on July 26, 2012 at 6:57 PM

*pardon me, eh.*

AllahsNippleHair on July 26, 2012 at 7:05 PM

The left against Chick-Fil-A? haha. I know where the smart money is. Hey left-wing communist hacks, You just can’t get enough of attacking the constitutional rights of Americans, can ya?

rebarnard on July 26, 2012 at 7:08 PM

XBlade or the power button …or the internets for that matter eh?

—————————

From the Greek pessimism thread:

**********************************************************

There must be no roads or bridges, the fount of all prosperity, in Greece.

aquaviva on July 26, 2012 at 7:05 PM

******************************************************

CW on July 26, 2012 at 7:13 PM

bayam on July 26, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Sheer jealousy.

listens2glenn on July 26, 2012 at 7:19 PM

bayam on July 26, 2012 at 6:28 PM

Ask that question of the parents and children who have benefited from foundations like Ronald McDonald House, and all the attendant medical assistance they provide.

And, after asking that question, please proceed to the nearest Mickey D’s, buy a Big Mac, and stick it where the sun doesn’t shine. With all due respect.

waterytart on July 26, 2012 at 7:27 PM

I have been amused by my openly gay coworker walking in with bags/drinks from Chik fil a…CFA does NOT discriminate. Period.

ladyingray on July 26, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Well hell. I am going to get the left. No more Macy’s make up counters for this boy.

pat on July 26, 2012 at 7:47 PM

A lesson in irony.

The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of
Agriculture, is actually proud of the fact it is distributing the greatest
amount of free meals and food stamps ever.

Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S.
Department of the Interior, asks us to “Please Do Not Feed the Animals.”
Their stated reason for the policy is because the animals will grow
dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves.

Schadenfreude on July 26, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Just had to bring this one over here.

Bmore on July 26, 2012 at 7:52 PM

bayam on July 26, 2012 at 6:28 PM

?

Bmore on July 26, 2012 at 6:32 PM

Forget about it, Bmore. Bayam is a leftie who apparently believes starting a franchise is easily started with just the change in your pocket and all governmental laws, requirements, regulations and stipulations are met with a simple nod and a “yessir. how high, sir?”. Why, they’ve practically placed themselves in front of the juggernaut comprising of whiny unions, overweening laws, and a fickle customer base, have they not?

So yah, Bayam, just where will they go? Certainly not your place. You haven’t the nads to even try to think of doing something like opening a fast food franchise.

BillH on July 26, 2012 at 8:03 PM

I would hope that all these Chick-fil-a franchises and the parent company can pool their resources (like they could with health insurance if Obamacare allowed that) and litigate the crap out of every city and municipality, public figure and organization that has tried toi “keep them out” or “close them down.”

Chicago just met Greensboro (lunch counters +52 years.)

Guess where I am going to lunch tomorrow?

coldwarrior on July 26, 2012 at 8:04 PM

BillH on July 26, 2012 at 8:03 PM

I suppose you are correct. I will never understand the likes of bayam. I will say this about the trolls here at HA. They are good at so little. ; )

Bmore on July 26, 2012 at 8:24 PM

DDay on July 26, 2012 at 6:43 PM

…I know when I travel south of Michigan…they are a popular fast-food…I’ll make it a point to stop there now!

KOOLAID2 on July 26, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Sheesh you’re a useful idiot.

CW on July 26, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Not to be critical CW, but you are only half right :)

JusDreamin on July 26, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Resist We Much on July 26, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Tom Perez is a seriously dangerous America-hating Marxist. Getting rid of him alone is enough reason to vote against Obama in November. If more Americans knew about that guy they would be marching on Washington to demand his firing.

rockmom on July 26, 2012 at 8:49 PM

I stopped at a Chick-fil-a in Scottsdale last year. Maybe I ordered incorrectly, but I was served a pretty good chicken cutlet between dry bread with a piece of lettuce. I don’t see the attraction.

phxconservative on July 26, 2012 at 9:02 PM

phxconservative, that’s unfortunate. Sorry to hear that, wish you had brought it to the attention of the manager.

Bmore on July 26, 2012 at 9:14 PM

This is the Political Economy That Barack Built, A Mother Axelrod Faerie Tale

M2RB: Aerosmith

Resist We Much on July 26, 2012 at 9:18 PM

BillH on July 26, 2012 at 8:03 PM

IF brayam were to open an eatery, it would likely only serve arugula and brie sandwiches served on some crusty bread-like cardboard with a side of sprouts, and the charge would be $10 a pop. She would tell the customers what they wanted instead of asking; and if they dined in, they’d be forced to sit cross-legged on the floor on little hemp mats and eat with biodegradable rice paper spoons.

The place would fold inside of a week.

CurtZHP on July 26, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Ate at Chick-Fil-A today… I forgot there was one by my roomie’s school; had an hour to kill waiting for her to finish class.

Wouldn’t have considered it; but they’ve been in the news a lot so I was thinking about it when I was hungry. Convenient for them…

Good job liberals, although I have to say the lines were brutal. Could you guys tone down the free advertisement for them so I can get my food a bit faster in the future?

I don’t recall them being that packed the last time I was there.

gekkobear on July 27, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Somebody should tell Obama that he did not become president on his own…He had a lot of help from the weak kneed Media a la Chris Matthews. Let Obama know that his achievments are nothing.

logicman_1998 on July 27, 2012 at 9:46 AM