Brutal new ads: “It Worked,” “Didn’t Build That”

posted at 7:21 pm on July 26, 2012 by Allahpundit

A possible caveat to Sean Trende’s piece yesterday arguing that attack ads can’t hurt Obama because voters already know him so well: What if the ad showcases something he’s said recently that appears to reveal his true economic beliefs? There’s virtually no new, relevant information about him available — except his gaffes, as new windows onto his thinking. You’ve got two bruising spots here that play on that, one from Team Mitt picking up on his claim that “our plan worked” and the other from the American Future Fund targeting the “you didn’t build that” line that’s got Obama hyperventilating. They strike me as attacks not so much on his economic perspicacity (although they’re that too) as attacks on his character. The vibe from both spots is indignation at his refusal to recognize the economic reality that Americans live with. He comes off, more than anything, as callous, not merely naive. Tough stuff. No wonder he’s doing those gauzy West Wing “fireside chat” ads now.

We’ve been over the argument that “you did’t build that” was taken out of context in other posts. Re: the new lefty argument that “our plan worked” was taken out of context too, i.e. that by “our plan” Obama meant the Clinton-era tax rates favored by Democrats and not the dismal failure you and I know as Obamanomics, read Guy Benson for a rebuttal. It’s easier to scream about O being taken out of context, I guess, than it is to try to defend his jobs record. But even if you accept his own spin, it’s simply goofy to imply that restoring ’90s-era tax rates for the top income bracket alone will be some kind of panacea for an economy saddled with 21st-century fiscal liabilities. Your plan’s not going to work with new revenue disappearing into the widening black hole of Medicare and Social Security, champ. Either man up and start pushing across-the-board tax hikes with entitlement reform (as some liberals fear he might in a second term) or stop talking about “the plan.” There is no plan in any meaningful sense except winning the election.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

That second ad is perfect.

goflyers on July 26, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Just watched it. Yeah. The looks of the workers looking back at Obama in response to his words. Priceless.

Paul-Cincy on July 26, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Oh, and pass me a doobie…

MaxSplinters on July 26, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Excellent Ads!..:)

S..Where are the Palinistas to P!$$ all over it??

Dire Straits on July 26, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Excellent Ads!..:)

PS..Where are the Palinistas to P!$$ all over it??

Dire Straits on July 26, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Fixed!..:)

Dire Straits on July 26, 2012 at 8:18 PM

All right…

Good nite all. Headed to bed on our FOB that we didn’t build that on our own and we are not beating the Taliban on our own because government was right there with us just as ST6 did not take down UBL all by themselves if it was not for the bravery of those sitting back in DC…okay I’ll stop there…

Good nite.

g2825m on July 26, 2012 at 8:18 PM

BO’s ticked off at the racist suburbanites and bitter clingers for fleeing the sh!tty cities and becoming greedy prosperous business-owner peeps not sharing their wealth (taxes, retirement accounts, inheritance) with the po’ folks in da city. This according to Rush talking about Stanley Kurtz’ new book “Spreading the Wealth” today.

gracie on July 26, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Excellent Ads!..:)

PS..Where are the Palinistas to P!$$ all over it??

Dire Straits on July 26, 2012 at 8:17 PM

***snort***

;)

JPeterman on July 26, 2012 at 8:24 PM

Obama’s idea of America is that you can be smart and work hard, but only the lucky few make it.

halfbaked on July 26, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Not everybody can be shop steward of their local union. Which is Obama’s definition of hard work paying off.

Happy Nomad on July 26, 2012 at 8:24 PM

S..Where are the Palinistas to P!$$ all over it??

Dire Straits on July 26, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Off in a dark corner with an 8×10 and mayo?

CW on July 26, 2012 at 8:24 PM

Makes it clear Obama is trying to wean himself from the teleprompter, this is what is really in his head. Really strong ads though my fave is the one going back and forth between Obama and Elizabeth Warren who agrees with him, in case you think he was just misspeaking.

waelse1 on July 26, 2012 at 8:26 PM

g2825m on July 26, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Sleep well. Remember we are going to take back this country starting in November. Thank you for your service to America and keep the faith.

d1carter on July 26, 2012 at 8:26 PM

That second ad is perfect.

goflyers on July 26, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Paul-Cincy on July 26, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Yep context.

Obama’s a liar . He was running successful business owners down. That is quite clear.

CW on July 26, 2012 at 8:26 PM

Obama is a product of our warped and sick culture. He is the first “American Idol” president elected not because of his experience but because of both the color of his skin and his talent in delivering scripted lines that caused liberal legs to tingle.

He is the first “social media” president.

If he is re-elected, it will be for the same reason: voting for Obama is the “politically correct”, “socially correct” thing to do”.

It will also mark the end of this country.

Rod on July 26, 2012 at 8:27 PM

JPeterman on July 26, 2012 at 8:24 PM

CW on July 26, 2012 at 8:24 PM

..:):)

Dire Straits on July 26, 2012 at 8:28 PM

From the 2nd ad:

“Dreams are built on hard work, not government”

“We risked it all, because of an idea we believed in”

This is what Obama doesn’t get — creating an idea as part of a personal dream, and making it happen, making it real. That’s what makes America great.

Paul-Cincy on July 26, 2012 at 8:29 PM

These are great.

I especially like the American Future Fund ad. It gives America another chance to look at zero’s ‘out of context’ ad and think “I am not a witch” before he gets hammered.

Lost in Jersey on July 26, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Start at 2:20 and run through two captions… Play that on-loop in PA where coal companies HAVE had to close with some overlay of the number of jobs lost. Then play, “Our plan has worked.”

UnderstandingisPower on July 26, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Now lets look at O’s business quote from O’s perspective.
Just so our attacks are fully grounded.
The only point where the independent voter may feel some true empathy or sympathy for O is when he, where he at this point also kind of softens his delivery, says “If you were successful somebody along the line gave you some help; there was a great teacher somewhere in your life…”
I think, in our attacks, we may want to acknowledge that point seems heartfelt from O so the viewer doesn’t end up having sympathy for O instead of agreeing with us. Yet, of course, the short and long of it spells out O’s collectivist leaning vision of our country. Not good. You get a sense in fact that O really has it out for small businessmen. Not good at all.

anotherJoe on July 26, 2012 at 8:33 PM

For what it is worth, I lost my business and let go of 9 employees just last month.

We were hanging by the skin of our teeth, but in the end had to shut it down.

Now, I’m working for an employer earning what I earned 15 years ago. It’s like the last 20 years of my working life was for nothing. But then I remember all the people I hired and how we worked together for success.

Those 9 people … NOT the government, helped keep my small business alive. Until this year.

Those who know me know how vehemently against government aid I can be. For the first time ever, I actually went online to see if I could qualify for food aid.

FUBO 2012.

I want my life back.

Key West Reader on July 26, 2012 at 8:33 PM

UnderstandingisPower on July 26, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Duh. Forgot the link… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpTIhyMa-Nw&feature=related

UnderstandingisPower on July 26, 2012 at 8:33 PM

So simultaneously Obama’s various propaganda ministers and sundry witless sheeple deny that he said what he said, admit that he said what he said but claim that he didn’t really mean what he said, and accused anyone who dares to suggest otherwise of maliciously lying about his views, even though Obama’s critics have quoted his own words verbatim, placed them in unmistakable context, and drew from them the same obvious conclusion that any mentally competent person would have to draw.

VorDaj on July 26, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Mentally competent liberals are having a hard time completely swallowing their own meme, that “that’s not what he meant [to say].” Not one word or sentence in his “full context” confuses his disdain for private businesses and private enterprise—We know exactly what you were saying Mr. Obama—it’s all about your feckless government swimming in solipsism.

Rovin on July 26, 2012 at 8:34 PM

I want my life back.

Key West Reader on July 26, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Hang in there friend!..It will get better!..:)

Dire Straits on July 26, 2012 at 8:35 PM

“On second thought, maybe I AM a witch”
~Barack Obama

Strike Hornet on July 26, 2012 at 8:36 PM

On Immigration. “Our plan is working…”

Watch it. Share it.

UnderstandingisPower on July 26, 2012 at 8:36 PM

That second ad is awesome ! They should be plastering that one on the airwaves !!!

Ragnar Danneskold on July 26, 2012 at 8:38 PM

If the Clinton era tax rates were the thing, then I guess BO shouldn’t have signed the extension of the Bush tax cuts.

Part of me wants to call them the Bush-Obama tax cuts just to needle the lefties, but OTOH he certainly deserves no credit as a tax cutter.

kjl291 on July 26, 2012 at 8:39 PM

War on Chickenz!

the new aesthetic on July 26, 2012 at 7:42 PM

LOL

Strike Hornet on July 26, 2012 at 8:41 PM

gracie on July 26, 2012 at 8:20 PM

I’m glad you mentioned this. I listened to Rush today, but I haven’t read Kurtz’ book.

Last night I was thinking about some of the polls that seem to indicate that female voters still favor BO. There are the feminist types who will never vote for a Republican, but I think Mitt should go after those soccer moms, suburbanite moms. They are not immune from this economy, and it seems to me (as a woman) that Mitt should appeal to them. He’s a devoted husband and family man, definitely a man who takes his responsibilities seriously and needless to say, a good provider. He is successful in every way that should appeal to many women……stability, security.

I’m not saying I’m Mitt’s biggest fan. I’m not. Nevertheless this is what we have to work with, and IIRC, last time around he seemed to have a reasonably strong following with this group.

Why women poll strongly in favor of BO is something I cannot comprehend.

Cody1991 on July 26, 2012 at 8:41 PM

Excellent Ads!..:)

S..Where are the Palinistas to P!$$ all over it??

Dire Straits on July 26, 2012 at 8:17 PM

I find the Palinistas far more tolerable than the paultards.

The paultards point at Ground Zero from their parents basements and scream that the jews did it.

Alberta_Patriot on July 26, 2012 at 8:41 PM

Hang in there friend!..It will get better!..:)

Dire Straits on July 26, 2012 at 8:35 PM

You know, I’m just resigned to what I’m doing now. It’s like the stages of grief and knowing that my future is in the hands of an uninformed electorate. I’m angry but not yet defeated. We have 100 days to decide if this nation will stand as founded or fall into communism/socialism.

I just want a sense of normalcy. I am tired of 4 years of chaos. But then again, Chaos is what Alinsky ordered, was it not?

Key West Reader on July 26, 2012 at 8:44 PM

…. than the paultards.

Alberta_Patriot on July 26, 2012 at 8:41 PM

Really? At this site. You’re as toolish as they get.

CW on July 26, 2012 at 8:44 PM

kjl291 on July 26, 2012 at 8:39 PM

They’re not tax cuts. They are existing tax rates.

Key West Reader on July 26, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Alberta_Patriot on July 26, 2012 at 8:41 PM

You have a point!..:)

Dire Straits on July 26, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Key West Reader on July 26, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Yes Alinsky did..But I have faith that we can change this!!..:)

Dire Straits on July 26, 2012 at 8:47 PM

HIS OWN WORDS…PERFECT

Wagthatdog on July 26, 2012 at 8:51 PM

Why women poll strongly in favor of BO is something I cannot comprehend.
Cody1991 on July 26, 2012 at 8:41 PM

Ann and Mitt are doing better with women – married women. The unmarried women particularly with kids are more likely to need government support and free stuff so they lean BO. Not much Mitt can do about that I guess.

gracie on July 26, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Key West Reader on July 26, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Same here. The last two years have been, well, challenging. I can’t believe some of the work I’ve done, but I did it. Right now I’m between jobs (which is why I have spare time to hang out here), and getting a little nervous about finding more work.

Getting through the next few months is what I’m focused on. Getting Romney elected and helping with any other races I can is essential. I’m working on plans for my own business because I believe that once we get these marxists out of the WH and a more pro-business Congress we can, once again, get our lives back.

Conserve your energy. Use it well. Fight back.

Cody1991 on July 26, 2012 at 8:54 PM

This man doesn’t even roll out of bed until 10 am….

He knows what hard work is like Brian Ross knows investigative reporting.

Wagthatdog on July 26, 2012 at 8:54 PM

This man doesn’t even roll out of bed until 10 am….

Wagthatdog on July 26, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Wake and bake.

BoxHead1 on July 26, 2012 at 8:58 PM

Ad # 1 about “it worked” is very powerful and effective.

Ad # 2 it is OK but it can be better. Avoid a woman announcer… man announcer works much better…

mnjg on July 26, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Key West Reader on July 26, 2012 at 8:44 PM

I almost want Obama to get 4 more years just to see how the culmination of his policies will lead to a huge crash. He’s borrowing $5000 a year for every single person in the U.S., and the economy still isn’t doing well. For a family of 4, that’s $20,000 gratis. If your family got an extra $20,000 a year, wouldn’t you be doing great? And then we have to pay it all back. Four years of Obama at $20,000 a year for a family of four, that’s $80,000. And since half of adults don’t pay any federal income tax, that’s $160,000 in four years for a working family of 4 that actually pays taxes. All in just 4 years. No way it can be paid back.

Obama thinks the rich are going to pay it off. It’s the rich, white man’s national debt. Well I have news for him. It’s everyone’s debt.

It’s just so bad that I want Obama in there to take the blame for the huge crash that’s coming. Don’t worry, I’m voting for Romney. My fantasy of Obama getting what he deserves is just a fantasy.

Paul-Cincy on July 26, 2012 at 9:01 PM

If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help.

Do we know who helped Obama get into Columbia and Harvard?

Jasper61 on July 26, 2012 at 9:02 PM

If you don’t like talking about the Bush tax cuts, just say they were a roll back of the Clinton middle class tax increase.

To be accurate, they should be called the Bush tax rate cuts, but most of us never will meet a liberal smart enough to understand the explanation.

halfbaked on July 26, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Cold Cocked!

roy_batty on July 26, 2012 at 9:03 PM

Those are great.

Still, just run the “You didn’t build that.” youtube video in prime time till November. Ridicule works. Especially in large doses.

Dongemaharu on July 26, 2012 at 9:04 PM

I want those welfare hos to pay me a toll for driving on my roads & bridges when they go pick up their welfare checks. They did not build that.

redguy on July 26, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Dire Straits on July 26, 2012 at 8:17 PM JPeterman on July 26, 2012 at 8:24 PM

Yes, yes, let’s go read the temperate Gov. Romney supporters discuss his minor London Olympic gaffe, so vastly more mature and rational. Not.

Cindy Munford on July 26, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Key West Reader on July 26, 2012 at 8:44 PM

I was thinking the same thing last night. I never thought this could ever happen to the U.S. when I decided to immigrate here and become a citizen.

JPeterman on July 26, 2012 at 9:08 PM

First of all those are not gaffes, he meant it 100%… He is socialist to say the least, most probably a communist.
Now you say there is virtually no new relevant information about him available…just wait until September or October, you may be shocked…

mnjg on July 26, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Key West Reader on July 26, 2012 at 8:33 PM

I am so sorry, you are having a bad year. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Cindy Munford on July 26, 2012 at 9:09 PM

kjl291 on July 26, 2012 at 8:39 PM

They’re not tax cuts. They are existing tax rates.

Key West Reader on July 26, 2012 at 8:45 PM

If you REALLY wanted to get the economy going – you would CUT the existing
Bush rates. You cannot tax your way out of a hole.
You want to slash the deficit? Start becoming an oil exporter.
We could bring the middle east to it’s knees.
Kill 2 birds with one stone –
Of course Obama is 180 to this philosophy.
That is why he and the democrats must be destroyed.

redguy on July 26, 2012 at 9:11 PM

That second ad was probably one of the best I’ve ever seen. Ever. I don’t see how it can be countered, other than with lies. If this is warm-up material for when he can actually start spending warchest money, ,,, it’s promising.

wolly4321 on July 26, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Howaboutthat! The Romney camp anticipated it and let him have it in real time, right between the eyes. Glad to see they appear to have their act together. It must be hell for The One to be on the defensive.

churchill995 on July 26, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Barack to Michelle: “Honey, I didn’t say that dress makes your fat ass look fatter. What I said was, we have to stand behind you even if it means we can’t see around you.”

natasha333 on July 26, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Cindy Munford on July 26, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Good point!..Two wrongs do not make a right!..:)

Dire Straits on July 26, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Yet to come: the commercial where Obama tells (I believe) The Today Show host that if he doesn’t have the economy fixed in three years he’ll be a one-term proposition. If July and August unemployment remain at 8%+, it will come. Can’t wait to see him try to respond to that.

churchill995 on July 26, 2012 at 9:16 PM

This is the Political Economy That Barack Built, A Mother Axelrod Faerie Tale

M2RB: Aerosmith

Resist We Much on July 26, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Would it kill him to put on a damned tie?

natasha333 on July 26, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Cindy Munford on July 26, 2012 at 9:07 PM

After reading several articles in the British press I posted something earlier in the headlines section. Ultimately I decided it was ‘much ado about nothing’.

When I returned home at looked at that food fight I decided not to participate. Good grief!

Cody1991 on July 26, 2012 at 9:19 PM

O/T: Anyone have a good way to pass on a message to the Romney camp? They need to add an option for APO/FPO addresses (under State) on their website’s donation page. A lot of folks (including myself) who work overseas on military bases want to donate to Mitt’s campaign, but we can’t because there is not APO/FPO option on their State address drop-down menu. I’ve sent several messages with no luck. The Obama 2012 website DOES have the APO/FPO State option on their donation page!!!

galvestonian on July 26, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Cindy Munford on July 26, 2012 at 9:07 PM

I haven’t even read that Romney thread yet. Sorry if I offended you because I thought Dire’s post was kind of funny at the time.

Off in a dark corner with an 8×10 and mayo?

CW on July 26, 2012 at 8:24 PM

You forgot one.

JPeterman on July 26, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Dire Straits on July 26, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Just for clarification……did any Palinistas trash the commercials?

Cindy Munford on July 26, 2012 at 9:25 PM

JPeterman on July 26, 2012 at 9:25 PM

I’m not offended, just don’t understand starting an argument where there isn’t one.

Cindy Munford on July 26, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Cody1991 on July 26, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Gov. Romney will take care of it. Minor misstep.

Cindy Munford on July 26, 2012 at 9:30 PM

… attack ads can’t hurt Obama because voters already know him so well: What if the ad showcases something he’s said recently that appears to reveal his true economic beliefs?

And/or that Romney, who he is and what he has done, represents everything Obama hates.

farsighted on July 26, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Key West Reader on July 26, 2012 at 8:44 PM

JPeterman on July 26, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Great, the Glenn Beck carnival barkers are out. Yes, that’s why Obama has refused to follow the advice of the Dallas Fed and Sandy Weill to break up the too big to fail banks. It’s because the Dallas Fed and the former CEO of Citibank are commie organizations and bigger communists than Obama.

Sheer genius.

bayam on July 26, 2012 at 9:50 PM

JPeterman on July 26, 2012 at 9:25 PM

I was trying my hand at humor!!..:)

Dire Straits on July 26, 2012 at 9:50 PM

……did any Palinistas trash the commercials?

Cindy Munford on July 26, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Not yet..:)

Dire Straits on July 26, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Cindy Munford on July 26, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Sorry!..I underestimated a few of the Palinistas..:)

PS..My bad!..:)

Dire Straits on July 26, 2012 at 9:53 PM

I remember a friend of mine whose husband was starting his business that one day she looked in her husband’s sock drawer and found a stack of credit cards that she didn’t know about. He accepted those offers that came in the mail. They were never used, but he kept them, she thinks, just in case it all blew up and he needed some cash.

He didn’t build that?

PattyJ on July 26, 2012 at 9:55 PM

i must say those are nice ads.

and, now i see the plan…and it was a good plan.

dangle the quote out there a few days, get barry and his red-diaper babies to take the bait….and then he did.

boom…play the whole thing. It’s the tone, the paralinguistic cues, the gesticulations…as Lakoff would know…that’s what is communication is all about…right?

there’s an old saying, you can not not communicate

and that’s why barry will be on a tight leash from now on…teleprompter all fired up

r keller on July 26, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Factor in +11 Dem tilt, Republican enthusiasm overtaking Dem enthusiasm, and the fact that Romney just went up by four in Rasmussen. That doesn’t exactly spell “even” to me.

UnderstandingisPower on July 26, 2012 at 7:58 PM

And they have voter fraud. If we factor that in, even is about right, IMO. The Virginia absentee ballot fiasco scares the crap out of me. I feel sick thinking about what other fraud his minions are perpetuating.

idalily on July 26, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Dire Straits on July 26, 2012 at 9:53 PM

No bad, just thought I had missed something.

Cindy Munford on July 26, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Key West Reader on July 26, 2012 at 8:44 PM

JPeterman on July 26, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Sadly, even defeating Barky does not assure the survival of this country (as founded). There has been so much damage already, and not just from Barky’s reign.

I wish my late father (WWII vet/Greatest Generation) was still alive, so that I could apologize to him for failing to sufficiently value and care for what he risked his life to defend.

bofh on July 26, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Cindy Munford on July 26, 2012 at 10:01 PM

It is all good!..:)

PS..Hope things are going well for you and your family!!..:)

Dire Straits on July 26, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Sheer genius.

bayam on July 26, 2012 at 9:50 PM

huh? you need to watch barnie frank and maria b. wrt dodd-frank

pretty funny watching barnie spinning and slip sliding his way thru an interview on his bill

here’s the deal…the left doesn’t want the big banks broken up…because they want the regulators to regulate them…ok?

the banks love this..it called regulatory capture. ok?

so a large sub-industry will be made of people going to and from the big banks to government and back and forth…making themselves a fortune…ok?

now, is the typical leftist really too dumb to see this?

r keller on July 26, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Dire Straits on July 26, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Everything is fine. I have missed you on QOTD even though I have missed a lot of them myself. I hope your trip went well. It has been hotter than blue blazes in Virginia Beach. Walks with puppies have been limited.

Cindy Munford on July 26, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Cindy Munford on July 26, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Good deal!..Trip went well and I am still busy!..It is great to see you and the family are doing well!..:)

Dire Straits on July 26, 2012 at 10:15 PM

You forgot one.

JPeterman on July 26, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Awww poor boy . Are you enamored to a freakish degree with SP?

IF you are like ipalin and ddrintintin I suggest you seek help.

And CINDY if you don’t see how disturbed some of these fools are then you are not as smart or as fair as claim.

CW on July 26, 2012 at 10:17 PM

The value of my home plummeted after two years of a Democratic Congress under Bush. The first year under Obama my business growth dropped, and two years later I lost money for the first time. If this happens for another four. there will be no return to at least being self sufficient. I no longer have employees and we live month to month paying bills and praying to at least break even.

How can this election be close, because I am not alone.

Hening on July 26, 2012 at 10:18 PM

CW on July 26, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Expand, please. Who is disturbed? I have never claimed to be either smart or fair, I just say what I think and no one has to agree with me.

Cindy Munford on July 26, 2012 at 10:21 PM

CW on July 26, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Mr. Peterman is not enamored with Gov. Palin, AT ALL!!!!

Cindy Munford on July 26, 2012 at 10:22 PM

How can this election be close, because I am not alone.

Hening on July 26, 2012 at 10:18 PM

It’s a mystery.

Cindy Munford on July 26, 2012 at 10:37 PM

What I SAID was “We need to stand behind them.”

Oh, boy, this is Dukakis again with “Of course if those horrible awful things happened to Kitty I would be outraged!”

Marcus on July 26, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Awww poor boy . Are you enamored to a freakish degree with SP?

IF you are like ipalin and ddrintintin I suggest you seek help.

CW on July 26, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Do you have a problem with reading comprehension? Or following posts in a thread?

JPeterman on July 26, 2012 at 10:40 PM

JPeterman on July 26, 2012 at 10:40 PM

LOL! Well if your going to be wrong, go big and completely.

Cindy Munford on July 26, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Look we are winning this. Really we are.

Sure we have a horrible nominee in Mitt Romney.

But when he loses all will be fine.

The Tea Party is strong. Tens of Thousands in Dallas today and Hundreds of Thousands tomorrow.

The Tea Party has huge support and will make the Congress stronger and stronger till we end the Obama/Romney madness.

We just might be able to Impeach Obama by 2015. Keep up the good work vote for Conservatives.

Defeat the Establishment Republicans and Democrats one and for all.

Steveangell on July 26, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Obama is an affirmative action composite. He has all the boxes checked. His remarks about “you didn’t make that happen!”, when all is said and done, is a projection of his background onto the lives of all Americans. His life is all about he not making anything happen. Doors opening for him. He simply has to step in. His small, closed, reactionary rigid mind lacks the flexibility and imagination to understand that others don’t share his experience. Big Government is Affirmative Action for all. He didn’t make his college admission possible. He didn’t write his “best seller”. He didn’t buy his house in Chicago without “assistance”. His bellicose wife didn’t get her high flying jobs on her abilities. He didn’t make that Nobel happen either. When someone glides through life using his skin color and implicit threats coupled with menace to arrive at where he is today, is it any wonder that he thinks no one else makes their life happen without some gigantic assist from Big Brother? He’s Living Proof. In Living Color. Someone should ask him: are you talking about yourself? Again?

RasThavas on July 26, 2012 at 8:16 PM

All true. I think that’s also what makes Palin his polar opposite: no one ever gave her anything or did anything for her. Which is why Obama went to the best schools on someone else’s dime, while Palin went to state universities and took extra time to work her way through them.

tom on July 26, 2012 at 10:53 PM

I love both ads. My only question on the PAC add is whether they emphasized the correct word in the final caption. They said: “Is that what he said?”. I think it should have been: “Is that what he said?”

Maybe I’m nitpicking, but I can’t imagine that this mistake got through.

35tww on July 26, 2012 at 10:58 PM

now, is the typical leftist really too dumb to see this?

r keller on July 26, 2012 at 10:06 PM

No, the big banks don’t want to be regulated. As the Libor and other rate fixing and racketeering practices have indicated, the banking sector has been grossly under-regulated. Clearly you don’t understand the implications of the Libor scam and what it represents.

Is that how banking regulation works in more regulated countries like Germany- a revolving door between industry and government?

The solution to that form of corruption is easy- anyone who serves in office should be banned from lobbying.

bayam on July 26, 2012 at 11:01 PM

bofh on July 26, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Perhaps you should apologize to him for being part of a generation of whiners, a generation that embraced the foolish belief that cutting taxes during a time of war and increased spending would lead to a balanced budget when in fact it has left the country mired in debt.

The greatest generation paid its taxes to build great institutions and never complained about it.

bayam on July 26, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Hey Obama,
We ALLOW you to govern.
You DO.
NOT.
ALLOW.
us to thrive.

It’s called the Constitution. You should check it out some time.

Fogpig on July 26, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Im not a big romney fan, but i think his ads have been good. I especially like the BELIEVE IN AMERICA text on his slogan. Kinda chokes me up. I hope to god he delivers and tries to steer this country back, If he goes RINO..i think the country will never pull out of the death spiral. Sigh.

lostinjrz on July 26, 2012 at 11:16 PM

RasThavas on July 26, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Well said.

This is the way Communist Societies work. If you are the right person you are given things making you what you are. If you are rich it is because you were the best thug and took it from others not because you built it your self (that person you stole from).

Obama was raised from birth for this. Well nearly. Frank Davis must have seen something in Obama and set Obama up. Him his mother and grandparents anyway. Every thing in his life was given to him on a silver platter. Now he is a good thug. He can play that game well. He is evil enough to do so.

Obama is incapable of perceiving America for what America is or at least was. Where Government protects people and enables them to build great things. Doubt this is nearly as much possible after Obama.

Steveangell on July 26, 2012 at 11:20 PM

lostinjrz on July 26, 2012 at 11:16 PM

If?

There is no question Romney is a full Democrat. He denied he was a Republican when he won in Mass in 2002. Severely Republican. Only a far leftist would say such a stupid thing. We are not severe.

Steveangell on July 26, 2012 at 11:23 PM

There’s virtually no new, relevant information about him available.

Er, does that include all the stuff about his Marxist pedigree and avocation that never made it into general consciousness when he was winning the White House?

Dude! Seriously?

ConservativeLA on July 26, 2012 at 11:47 PM

He is so tiny.

The Joke is on America.

It’s too late for him to grow up. Send the narcissistic underdeveloped latte hued teenager back to Chicago.

To have such low expectations of the first black president is the ultimate racism.

Schadenfreude on July 26, 2012 at 11:52 PM

the closer on the 2nd ad is ….brutal.

and right from CBS.