The Ed Morrissey Show: Guy Benson, Mary Katharine Ham

posted at 1:48 pm on July 25, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Today on The Ed Morrissey Show (3 pm ET), we’re back with HamCam! Today’s a Salem All-Stars show, starting with Townhall political editor Guy Benson, followed by our newest colleague Mary Katharine Ham on Skype.  Trust me, you don’t want to miss today’s show…

The Ed Morrissey Show and its dynamic chatroom can be seen on the permanent TEMS page — be sure to join us, and don’t forget to keep up with the debate on my Facebook page, too!

Video streaming by Ustream

Marizela Perez has been missing for a year.

Marizela’s case has a connection here at Hot Air, as she is the cousin of the Boss Emeritus, Michelle Malkin. Michelle is trying to spread the word through Facebook and Q13Fox/KCPQ in Seattle. We want to encourage prayers for Marizela’s family, and also try to reach anyone in the area who knows where Marizela might be and ask them to contact the police.

The search has its own website now, Find Marizela, for the latest in the efforts to bring Marizela home. There is also a fund for the family to keep the search efforts going. Be sure to check there and at Michelle’s site for further developments, and keep the family in your prayers.

America’s Most Wanted is now on the case, too.

Michelle had an update on the case on the one-year anniversary:

Exactly one year ago today, my 18-year-old cousin Marizela (known affectionately to her family and friends as “Emem” or “Mei”) Perez disappeared from the University of Washington campus in Seattle.

She is still missing.

Those words form on the computer screen with disembodied disbelief. But my heart is screaming:

SHE IS STILL MISSING. WHY, DEAR GOD, WHY?!!!!!

The not-knowing is every parent’s worst nightmare. It brought normal life to a standstill for Marizela’s parents, Edgar and Jasmin. And yet, they have to keep living and working and praying for their only daughter. Because that is what they must do. Their strength and dignity through all the suffering has been an inspiration to me.

There have been no new developments in Emem’s case. No word from the police or the medical examiner’s office. No activity on her bank accounts or social media accounts.

And no response from the Google legal department to our request for help in January.

Keep the prayers coming.

Comments

Aka Jessica Biel

TheAudacityofNOPE on July 25, 2012 at 1:54 PM

Today on The Ed Morrissey Show (3 pm ET), we’re back with HamCam! Today’s a Salem All-Stars show, starting with Townhall political editor Guy Benson, followed by our newest colleague Mary Katharine Ham on Skype. Trust me, you don’t want to miss today’s show…

Like that time I watched to see TK.

Yeah.

O sure.

Axe on July 25, 2012 at 1:54 PM

SHOW US YOUR FEET!

Did you know that there is a celebrity foot fetish website with a shot of our own MKH’s tootsies? lol!

Blake on July 25, 2012 at 2:00 PM

Whatever MKH is make out of, they should make durable goods out of. It’s tough, resilient, practical, workable, attractive, and attractive. Did I say good-looking. Also funny but I don’t know how that works into the durable goods analogy.

Paul-Cincy on July 25, 2012 at 2:19 PM

I watch MKH almost all of the times she is on TV and I have some advice for her. First you are attractive and articulate but I’m not sure about clean:-) Second you need to grow a pair if you are going to go head to head with BOR, Sean Hannity and Juan Williams. They talk over you and cut you off way too much and your response is to smile. You would be considered a lady in my family but I am not sure if that is what is required to be in the arena with these rude guys. When you and Juan are on BOR’s show he lets Williams talk uninterrupted most of the time but rarely lets you finish your first sentence before going after you. Take a look at Megan Kelly and emulate her technique. She busts BOR’s chops every time she is on his program and he loves it. Otherwise keep standing your ground for all of us.

inspectorudy on July 25, 2012 at 2:23 PM

inspectorudy on July 25, 2012 at 2:23 PM

???

Can’t speak to most of it as none of us know what goes on over there, but it is extremely clear and obvious that they are grooming Megan Kelly and she probably has “rights” that a lot of other people don’t. It’s not a fair comparison.

Plus, I’m not sure if it’s really a bonus to be “one of the guys and keep up” when the guys are O’Reilly and Williams. *shudder*

kim roy on July 25, 2012 at 2:31 PM

My saved Twitter page is to mkhammer, just because I’m honored to see “Follows you” on her page. ;-) Now she’ll probably block me, lol! I followed MKH near the first day I joined twitter, and that’s really the only reason.

kirkill on July 25, 2012 at 2:32 PM

…I think she’s getting better and stronger on BOR every time she’s on…it takes time to learn the ropes in any setting. I can tell who’s smarter!

KOOLAID2 on July 25, 2012 at 3:10 PM

Ed, you ever thought about making it so your show plays on the iPad thingy?

Bmore on July 25, 2012 at 3:17 PM

I think she’s getting better and stronger on BOR every time she’s on . . . it takes time to learn the ropes in any setting. I can tell who’s smarter!

KOOLAID2 on July 25, 2012 at 3:10 PM

I ‘gree.

The hamster asserts. Talking over people and not allowing them to speak isn’t asserting. It’s something else.

To become that is to stop being the hamminator, the hammer; it is to stop being capable of hammoscopy, of hamtastic hammage and mayham. It would be terrible for Ham to lose her Hamesqeness. Ham I clear, here? Ham up, O’Reilly.

Axe on July 25, 2012 at 3:20 PM

Guy Benson is good value…

CorporatePiggy on July 25, 2012 at 3:32 PM