Team Romney aggressively courting small business in swing states this week

posted at 11:21 am on July 25, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Mitt Romney may be abroad this week at the Olympics and Israel, but his campaign plans to press ahead aggressively this week on the theme handed to them by Barack Obama.  ABC’s Shushannah Walshe reports that the Romney campaign will attack Obama for his “you didn’t build that” speech by organizing small business owners in swing states for rallies:

The Romney campaign has been heavily pressing their “you didn’t build that” attacks for the past ten days and Wednesday is their biggest push yet with events with small business owners in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Virginia, Ohio, Iowa, Florida, Missouri, North Carolina, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Mexico, and Nevada. …

In events at small businesses in locations as varied as Waukesha, Wis. to Palm Beach, Fla. to Columbus, Ohio, entrepreneurs will express their anger at the “you didn’t build that, somebody else made that happen” line.

Lou Ramos, a small business owner from Tampa, will be at his local event. He owns an information technology and computer training company called Value Enterprise Solutions, Inc.  and he said the president’s comments made him “almost throw up when I heard it.”

Ramos is a 64 year old Hispanic veteran, serving in the military from 1973-97, including two tours at the Pentagon, and he said he did read and watch all of the president’s comments in context, not just the two sentences continually highlighted by the campaign.

“I heard the whole thing and I read it,” Ramos told ABC News, mentioning he did like Obama when he spoke at the Democratic National Convention in 2004. “I heard the whole thing…The guy was talking sincere…This guy thinks success is about government hand outs and not perseverance.”

Team Obama continues to complain that Romney and his campaign are taking the quote out of context.  Obama himself said he’s running out of patience with the attack (via JWF and Instapundit):

President Barack Obama said Tuesday that he’s losing his patience over the Republican attacks aimed at his “you didn’t build that” comment.

“I have to tell you, I generally have patience with what the other side says about me, that’s a requirement of this job,” Obama said during a $5,000-per-plate fundraiser here, according to the pool report.

“And if you don’t like folks talking about you, you probably shouldn’t run for president. The one thing I do have no patience for is this argument that somehow what I’m criticizing is success… I want to promote success,” Obama said.

Obama’s defenders insist that Obama referred to building the infrastructure, not the businesses.  Jim Geraghty puts the whole sequence up on his site and asks whether that’s true:

If Obama really meant “roads and bridges” when he said “you didn’t build that,” why didn’t he say “those” instead of “that”?

That misses the point anyway.  In the entire statement, Obama never acknowledges the key difference between those who work hard and benefit from infrastructure, and those who create businesses and expand the marketplace: risk.  Perhaps some are smarter than business creators, and perhaps some work just as hard or harder, although I believe on average a business creator has to work much harder to keep from failing than a salaried employee does at an already-established firm.  The difference is that the business creator takes significant financial risks in launching a business, which the benefits the economy by expanding markets, enhancing demand, and creating jobs.

Add that to the fact that it’s these markets that create the capital to build and maintain the infrastructure that Obama adores, and small business owners mean a great deal to their communities.  Their success would never have happened without that risk, which Obama ignored entirely in this speech, and the infrastructure would crumble without that kind of constant economic expansion that gets produced by risk-takers.

Team Romney has found a powerful theme and argument for this election, and no greater confirmation could be found than to have Obama cutting campaign ads to explain himself and griping in public about having to answer for his disdain for business creators.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Dig that hole, Scooter.

kingsjester on July 25, 2012 at 11:24 AM

@RyanGOP

FLORIDA RT @jeets: Small business owners in Tampa telling Pres. Obama “you’re wrong, I built this business!” http://t.co/sY1eO5sY

Flora Duh on July 25, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Pound relentlessly, Mitt. Meet with business owners, interview them, explore their businesses, their ideas, their products—showcase them, their hard work, their families, their years of scraping by—those are the American heroes. Then, contrast them with the American Zero.

/curbstomps

ted c on July 25, 2012 at 11:26 AM

I love to see this guy squirm…and I hope he does lose patience.

Needling him will produce nothing but ugly…

right2bright on July 25, 2012 at 11:26 AM

RCP: Axelrod: Romney’s ads are making people think Obama’s running a negative campaign

No, it’s Obama’s ads that are making people think O is running a negative campaign.

anotherJoe on July 25, 2012 at 11:28 AM

@unclefungus
You Didn’t Build That roads and bridges. Somebody else made that roads and bridges happen. ~ #ObamaInContext

Flora Duh on July 25, 2012 at 11:29 AM

How can he run a positive campaign? He’s done nothing positive.

kingsjester on July 25, 2012 at 11:30 AM

@RyanGOP

Flora Duh on July 25, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Yeah, but did they build that room or building they held that press conference in? Did they build the power plant or install the power lines that provided the electricity to light that room?

(BTW, I’m being facetious, but this is the logic of Obama and his sycophants.)

Doughboy on July 25, 2012 at 11:30 AM

You want success, but you aren’t doing anything to promote it. You think it just happens on its own and want your cut when it happens.

You’re like the mobsters in Goodfellas who show up to their “partner’s” restaurants every week going “F*ck you, pay me!”

teke184 on July 25, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Mr. Large Ears may take offense at Romney’s use of his own words, but he is completely ignoring the offense taken by the business community.

Doing that confirms the offense, doesn’t it?

BobMbx on July 25, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Obama and his band of liars need to shut up about this. They spent a week lying about Romney’s tenure at Bain. Not taking it out of context, but lying about it and calling Mitt Romney a felon. And now, when Obama’s own words are used against him, they think that is out of bounds.

To paraphrase what DWS said, Obama needs to put on his big boy pants and take responsibility for his own words.

milcus on July 25, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Obama himself said he’s running out of patience with the attack

And so, like the petulant, stunted man-child that he is, he goes into a snit.

You own him, dims.

MisterElephant on July 25, 2012 at 11:32 AM

And what, dear sir, happens when your magnanimous patience runs out? You’re not suggesting you’ll do something to make it stop, are you?

A threat, perhaps?

BobMbx on July 25, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Look, it’s IMPOSSIBLE for a Community Organizer, who has done nothing but ride the tidal wave of Affirmative Action/Institutional Racism, all of which was created by the State, to embrace anything other than the beneficient State.

He is the Commie equivalent of Pavlov’s Dog. Just replace the sound of a bell with the terms, “State” or “Government,” and you’ll get a slobbering Commie.

OhEssYouCowboys on July 25, 2012 at 11:32 AM

jingles.
ted c on July 25, 2012 at 11:29 AM

That’s fab!!! Send it to Mitt’s campaign. What a great way to bug BO’s Butt.

gracie on July 25, 2012 at 11:34 AM

What is at issue is your definition of success, Champ.
Protip: “Julia’s” government subsidized McLife™ ain’t it.

Kataklysmic on July 25, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Hey obama, you big baby, save yourself the aggravation…if you can not take it, do us and yourself and the country a favor…..RESIGN……

crosshugger on July 25, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Well then, I’msure next time Obama talks he will metioning how risky it was to build those bridges and roads. :D

Rich on July 25, 2012 at 11:35 AM

History will record that day and those remarks as the time when TFGRP lost the election.

Bishop on July 25, 2012 at 11:35 AM

The petulant man-child has no patience, what else is new…

Pest on July 25, 2012 at 11:36 AM

President Downgrade went off-prompter and what came out was Marx and Alinsky.

That’s the context.

“The one thing I do have no patience for is this argument that somehow what I’m criticizing is success… I want to promote success,”

Promote it, then confiscate it.

mudskipper on July 25, 2012 at 11:36 AM

This is where Obama starts to be indignant…this will be good in the next few days.
I have a feeling while Mitt is out, he has some good ones in store for Obama…

right2bright on July 25, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Who is stepping up in profile this week when Romney is out of country may give us a hint as who the VP pick will be.

bayview on July 25, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Evidently, It is better to be silent and thought a socialist than to speak and remove all doubt.

kingsjester on July 25, 2012 at 11:37 AM

“Read my lips. No new taxes.”

“You didn’t build that.”

2 statements that will turn out to be big reasons why incumbent presidents lost reelection.

Khun Joe on July 25, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Love it

Pass the popcorn over here

Mr thin skin not very happy

cmsinaz on July 25, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Even roads and bridges are built by private construction companies, who bid on the contracts. Without the expertise and resources of private construction firms, there would be no infrastructure. No doubt, Mr Thinskin is ignorant of the fact, as he is of most other facts.

kenny on July 25, 2012 at 11:37 AM

I wrote here about was was missing from President Obama’s speech & what’s missing from his presentations in general.

If President Obama had a slogan, it’d be ‘it’s about the government, stupid.’

LFRGary on July 25, 2012 at 11:38 AM

So what’s he going to do? Hold his breath until he turns blue? Roll around on the floor screaming?

Trafalgar on July 25, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Too funny. Obama’s so thin-skinned that OF COURSE he is irritated that his own words are (accurately) being used against him. Two weeks ago Obama had a problem convincing businesses that he had their best interests at heart. That problem got at least four times worse following his remarkably candid comments in Roanoke.

The reality is that the mask slipped. Obama really does believe that businesses were not built by their owners. It is the basis by which he justifies taxing the hell out of successful companies in the name of everybody paying their “fair share.” After all, if you can dismisss personal initiative and entrepreneurship as impossible without government intervention, then it shores up the idea that businesses should have to pay for what they got from government.

Happy Nomad on July 25, 2012 at 11:39 AM

I think when you spread the wealth around, it’s good for everybody. – Obama

lorien1973 on July 25, 2012 at 11:39 AM

If Obama has no patience for this argument, that’s a good reason for Romney to bring it up!

We’ve been waiting 3 1/2 years for the economy to rebound and unemployment to decrease, and WE’RE LOSING PATIENCE NOW!!!

Steve Z on July 25, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Bishop on July 25, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Like McCain suspending his campaign to go back to Washington to fix the problem…or “Read my lips”, or any number of numb skulls who have sunk their own ship.

Obama has lost…I don’t think he will ever recover, from here on, he will have a feeble offense, and be on defense.

Mitt has him in the corner, and I think Mitt can finish him off…you know he has a few “left hooks” in the final rounds. Obama is staggering like a washed up fighter…

right2bright on July 25, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Obama and his band of liars need to shut up about this.

milcus on July 25, 2012 at 11:31 AM

..you make an excellent point but no they do not. They need to keep whining about this interminably right up until 6 November..

..when it will be our turn to tell this festering bunghole and his crowd to STFU and get the hell out of Dodge.

The War Planner on July 25, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Obama himself said he’s running out of patience with the attack

And so, like the petulant, stunted man-child that he is, he goes into a snit.

You own him, dims.

MisterElephant on July 25, 2012 at 11:32 AM

As I said in the headline thread… the meltdown has begun.

MobileVideoEngineer on July 25, 2012 at 11:40 AM

B.S.

GhoulAid on July 25, 2012 at 11:41 AM

Mr. Obama, that car you’ve driven into the ditch…..you didn’t build that, right?

Rovin on July 25, 2012 at 11:41 AM

Wear your big boy pants
-dws

cmsinaz on July 25, 2012 at 11:41 AM

Too bad bho, poor snotty brat kid is upset because Mitt/team uses his words against him?

Can’t take the heat bho, keep your lying anti-American forked tongue mouth shut!
L

letget on July 25, 2012 at 11:41 AM

Bishop on July 25, 2012 at 11:35 AM

This was the moment

gracie on July 25, 2012 at 11:41 AM

Yep. Romney’s momentum is building.
*LOL*

kingsjester on July 25, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Liar. He’s done nothing but criticize this country and its people since he took office.

Now that he actually has to work to get reelected and because his chances are fading he’s telling everyone how great we are, etc. etc. He’s one of the most depressing people I’ve ever heard.

Revolting.

Here’s one of the best take-downs I’ve seen.

And….. here’s his schedule for the day:

Obama Schedule || Wednesday, July 25, 2012

by Keith Koffler on July 24, 2012, 10:29 pm

9:25 am PT || Departs Seattle
3:25 pm || Arrives New Orleans
3:50 pm || Attends a fundraiser; private residence
5:45 pm || Delivers remarks at a campaign event; House of Blues
7:00 pm || Delivers remarks the National Urban League convention; Ernest N. Morial Convention Center
8:25 pm || Departs New Orleans
11:55 pm || Arrives White House

Blabber, blabber, blabber…… that’s all he does.

Cody1991 on July 25, 2012 at 11:42 AM

If President Obama was talking about “roads and bridges” wouldn’t he have said, “You didn’t build ‘THOSE” instead of “THAT”. Business – You didn’t build “THAT”. Roads and bridges – You didn’t build “THOSE”. He said “THAT”. All we hear is that Obama is the smartest, greatest, most genius speaker so certainly he wouldn’t have messed up singular/plural in a simple sentence, right?

Delta Tango on July 25, 2012 at 11:42 AM

WE’RE LOSING PATIENCE NOW!!!

Steve Z on July 25, 2012 at 11:40 AM

You know Mitt will use this…possible response:

“Losing patience, he worries about losing patience…how about all the people losing jobs, losing homes, and he is worried about losing patience…we have lost patience waiting for Obama do something besides his 110 fund raisers, and never meeting with the job council…they are the ones losing patience, waiting for him to show up”

right2bright on July 25, 2012 at 11:43 AM

I am so glad that many of Obummers supporters know what the President meant to say better than the President did…

How do they do that?

Inquiring minds want to know.

When will the President begin running his campaign on his record of achievements in office over the past 3.5 years…?

RockyJ. on July 25, 2012 at 11:43 AM

bayview on July 25, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Jindal, McDonnell Will Tour Iowa on Romney Bus Thursday

Flora Duh on July 25, 2012 at 11:44 AM

But mitt has to be more specific on his plans
-lsm deflection

cmsinaz on July 25, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Sometimes taking a risk ends in a miserable failure. The USA took a big risk like that in 2008.

RSbrewer on July 25, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Losing Patience.

The emperor has no clothes…

RockyJ. on July 25, 2012 at 11:44 AM

“I want to promote success,” Obama said.

He’s lying (yeah, yeah, we’re all shocked to hear that, I know). He has said many times that his goal is fairness not success. For example, recall his take on capital gains taxes. Sure, he doesn’t mind success, but in a contest between success and fairness (however he defines and measures them), he will pick fairness every time.

jwolf on July 25, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Well, join the patience-losing club Barkman…I’ve lost patience with you a loooooong time ago. Get over it, El Presidente.

NJ Red on July 25, 2012 at 11:45 AM

So the Fast & Furious defense is now: Holder didn’t build it alone?

Here is a great answer to Obama’s denials that he didn’t say or mean what our lying ears heard him say. http://youtu.be/SNZx3R0P2Kc and Mitt is exactly right. Not only have we heard Obama in the last 3.5 years enough to KNOW what the context of his statement means but one only has to read the entire speech – it’s full of the theme that without government, the masses are nothing.

Katablog

National Review

Red Alert

katablog.com on July 25, 2012 at 11:46 AM

It’s ridiculous to bring up infrastructure anyway. What small business owner tries to take credit for the infrastructure when they talk about the business they built? None. They do pay taxes, though, to support the infrastructure, so they could take credit for that.

kerrhome on July 25, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Next time try letting the clutch out between your brain and your flipper lips before inserting both feet.

“Losing his patience”… grow a pair, willya? Did you forget you volunteered for this job, which is obviously bigger than you? Please… you know what to do when the kitchen gets too hot.

VietVet_Dave on July 25, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Good one right2bright

cmsinaz on July 25, 2012 at 11:47 AM

right2bright on July 25, 2012 at 11:40 AM

It would help if Issa could load Mitt’s gloves with some nice F&F lead weights for the knockout haymaker.

Bishop on July 25, 2012 at 11:48 AM

“I want to promote success,” Obama said.

jwolf on July 25, 2012 at 11:45 AM

The prompter just forgot to put the rest of what he thought up. The real thought was “I want to promote success (because of the campaign), but I just can’t.”

MobileVideoEngineer on July 25, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Obama is trying to whitewash his Kinsleyian gaffe buy shifting his outrageous attack on capitalism to being some kind of support for infrastructure. Keep in mind that this is coming from the man who personally killed the largest infrastructure project America has seen in decades, the Keystone Pipeline. And as a result of Obama caving to the far-left, America has been deprived of a key, cheap source of oil from our closest ally Canada, who is now going to ship the oil to China. The only way to reverse this failed Obama mistake is to elect Romney.

OxyCon on July 25, 2012 at 11:48 AM

if jug ears doesn’t like what he’s hearing now, just wait…

burserker on July 25, 2012 at 11:49 AM

“You don’t hear me complaining a lot about what’s been said about me,” Obama said. July 16, 2012

LMFAO!

OxyCon on July 25, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Bishop on July 25, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Just saw the American Crossroads ad mocking Obama for his comments. It’s done up like an instant replay since Obama makes the claim he actually didn’t say what we all know he said.

Definitely a keeper!

Happy Nomad on July 25, 2012 at 11:49 AM

…because he is the most intelligent, articulate, well spoken person who has ever run for President…in moms pants!

…the Romney campaign needs to run the words that milcus refers to whenever JugEars and his jackals howl!…

milcus on July 25, 2012 at 11:31 AM

KOOLAID2 on July 25, 2012 at 11:49 AM

It doesn’t matter what the context is, the government used none of its own money to do anything.

Any infrastructure built was bought and paid for by the people of the United States through Federal, State and Local taxes. Developers paid for improvements around their developments. It is all ours. Obama just doesn’t understand any of this.

This is his Joe the Plumber moment for 2012.

Mr_Magoo on July 25, 2012 at 11:50 AM

right2bright on July 25, 2012 at 11:43 AM

May I send your post on? It was good. Thanks.
L

letget on July 25, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Plus the ‘work hard’ meme is straight from socialism where all work is seen as equal: an hour work by a ditch digger is exactly equal to an hour of work by a neurosurgeon.

Ideas of doing a quality job, ideas of time invested to get the skills, ideas of subjective evaluation of work leading to different valuation of it all fly right out the window. That is why places like the USSR see quality and production go downhill: they don’t matter and they couldn’t be rewarded. Working hard is nice and all, but doing a good job and getting it done means you want to spend your working hours doing quality work and, perhaps, saving your time while doing such work. That doesn’t get rewarded under this meme, either, just showing up for work is enough.

This is more than just an attack on businesses: it is an attack on the work ethic that provides higher productivity and quality, simultaneously. That is why there is a wider revulsion of the meme than just amongst those running businesses.

ajacksonian on July 25, 2012 at 11:50 AM

The only way to reverse this failed Obama mistake is to elect Romney.

Even if we do reverse it, America still gets hurt compared to where we were pre-Obama.

Canada was selling us oil below market value due to the relationship between the countries.

Obama flipping them the bird on Keystone XL and complaining about “dirty oil” from the Canadian tar sands means that we now have to pay market price if we buy from them.

teke184 on July 25, 2012 at 11:51 AM

right2bright on July 25, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Watch at around 16 secs in…Ali lands 11 punches in 3 seconds

Trafalgar on July 25, 2012 at 11:51 AM

President Barack Obama said Tuesday that he’s losing his patience

and we all know what happens when Owe loses patience:

1. Someone gets and IRS audit and harassment
2. an executive order gets signed
3. Moochelle takes an expensive vacation on the taxpayers
4. Owe plays golf and then holds a fund raiser

katablog.com on July 25, 2012 at 11:52 AM

___________
Right, Oblabla is a shining example of patience. I’m sure Paul Ryan would be first in line to agree. What was the exact quote? “I won, your side lost”? Or referring to the GOP as driving the car into ditches and needing to sit in the back seat, drinking Slurpees. Yeah, so patient.
This guy is so fake, phony, and false i don’t understand how anyone takes him seriously. He’s the metaphorical Joker making any analogy, any allegory at that moment regardless of truth. He’s got a laser-like focus on jobs one minute, then he’s wrecking the health care industry with Obamacare. He’s saving the planet one fish at a time, but plays 100 rounds of golf and attends 1000 campaign events. His is the most honest, truthful administration evah, but don’t ask about who works there, how much they’re paid, who is visiting and why, or how decisions are made.
Romney better keep man-ing up and hammering this fool for a POTUS we have. Mitt might not be the best, but he’s the best we got now.

smfic on July 25, 2012 at 11:52 AM

OhEssYouCowboys on July 25, 2012 at 11:32 AM

You forgot “Investments”

lakeman on July 25, 2012 at 11:53 AM

Dear Leader: The cheap veneer masking your thinly veiled contempt for the free market system and hence the American Way of Life has finally worn off for good. Doubling down on this issue will only make you look more contemptuous, more desperate, more impetuous, more stupid…

So please keep it up!!

Pest on July 25, 2012 at 11:54 AM

When an incumbent President has to spend millions and millions of dollars to go after an opponent who is merely using what an incumbent President has said, and the incumbent refuses to run on his own record, certainly suggests that Obama is not all the wonderfullest prezdit that he thinks himself to be.

If Obama’s record were soooo special, if his accomplishments were better than all the other Presidents of the US (other than FDR and Lincoln, I believe Obama said that) then he’d be wiping the floor with all challengers.

Hell, the guy has been campaigning for re-election since January 2009, for crissakes,

When November comes, we have to squash him like the cockroach he is…a resounding defeat. No close election. A replay of 1984 Reagan v. Mondale.

coldwarrior on July 25, 2012 at 11:54 AM

You know Mitt will use this…possible response:

right2bright on July 25, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Exactly. And when has he ever shown up to perform his duties? He campaigns – constantly. That’s about all he has done during his tenure. President “Present”.

Cody1991 on July 25, 2012 at 11:54 AM

The one thing I do have no patience for is this argument that somehow what I’m criticizing is success… I want to promote my success,” Obama said.

FIFY using Bishop’s patented Truth Filter™ technology. Chump.

Difficultas_Est_Imperium on July 25, 2012 at 11:55 AM

In short…petulant little pr*ck, isn’t he?

coldwarrior on July 25, 2012 at 11:56 AM

“Success” for O means permanent wealth redistribution…

Pest on July 25, 2012 at 11:56 AM

When you think about it, every week should be Small Business Week, because America is small business. Small firms account for nearly half our jobs; they create some 60 percent of new jobs; and they’re on the cutting edge of innovation, providing products and ideas for the future. Everything from ballpoint pens to FM-radios, automatic transmissions and helicopters was conceived in the minds of entrepreneurs-men and women who had the spirit to dream impossible dreams, take great risks, and work long hours to make their dreams come true.

-Ronald Wilson Reagan

If you’ve got a business–you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.

-Barack Hussein Obama

kingsjester on July 25, 2012 at 11:56 AM

As Obowma once said: “just words, just speeches” and he stepped in a huge pile of words he can’t escape:

He told Joe the plumber “I don’t want to punish your success, I just want to redistribute the wealth to those less fortunate.”.

“At some point, you’ve made enough money”

“fat cat bankers on Wall Street”.

It’s pretty clear, Obowma hates wealthy people unless they donate to his campaign.

dthorny on July 25, 2012 at 11:56 AM

hellloooo! Geithner being questioned about the libor scandal by the US congress!!!

nathor on July 25, 2012 at 11:57 AM

“And if you don’t like folks talking about you, you probably shouldn’t run for president.” — Barack Obama

You can’t make this stuff up.

J_Crater on July 25, 2012 at 11:57 AM

I remember seeing a show on Big Ten running backs featuring Wisconsin’s Ron Dayne. His coach, Barry Alvarez, had a philosophy that he’d run Dayne until the other team proved that they could stop him.

Romney needs to run with Obama’s disdain of the private sector and small business until Obama can prove that he can blunt–and he can’t.

Team Romney should look at this:

Think about the contrast between Romney and Obama.

If you’re a small-business owner, who do you want knocking at your door to help: Romney or Obama? Obama probably can’t reconcile his checkbook.

Now, if you’re a welfare recipient, I suppose you’d much rather see Obama than Romney knocking at your door.

BuckeyeSam on July 25, 2012 at 11:57 AM

Okay, so why are you running?

GarandFan on July 25, 2012 at 11:58 AM

coldwarrior on July 25, 2012 at 11:54 AM

Surely every American would be happy to vote for a man who got a solid B+

katablog.com on July 25, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Romney is right — Obama’s ideology is foreign to Americans. I’ve listened to the entire section of the speech several times now and I am still angry. The hostility to the entire productive class is just dripping from his mouth.

It is shocking.

There is nothing Obama or his media mouthpieces can do now to un-ring this bell. He has laid bare his foreign ideology, and must be held accountable for it.

rockmom on July 25, 2012 at 12:03 PM

I hope Dear Leader argues this all the way to the election…

d1carter on July 25, 2012 at 12:03 PM

I think when you spread the wealth around, it’s good for everybody. – Obama

lorien1973 on July 25, 2012 at 11:39 AM

He learned this working as a community organizer buying votes for the democrats with the walking around money that was given to him by the democrats.

lakeman on July 25, 2012 at 12:03 PM

President Barack Obama said Tuesday that he’s losing his patience

You know what, O’Butthead? Here’s three words for ya.

G.F.Y.

You’re a spoiled child who has been handed EVERYTHING your entire life, while EARNING NOTHING.

We lost patience with your bullshite a long time ago, starting with “the office of the President Elect” and “I Won” right through $15 trillion and counting of a deficit and 40+ months of > 8% unemployment.

This election is not going to be close, no matter how hard the LSM desperately flails away to make it so.

D + 20 polls, anyone??

ICanSeeNovFromMyHouse on July 25, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Kiss re-do.
Ad re-do.
Just make sure he DOES NOT get a President re-do.

hillsoftx on July 25, 2012 at 12:04 PM

“We Did Build It” event at Freddie’s Market in St. Louis, MO this morning: http://yfrog.com/oeelclnj

Flora Duh on July 25, 2012 at 12:04 PM

I’d like to see President Romney blame everything on Obama at least the first year so they can get a taste of their own medicine. I bet they wouldn’t like it so much then but Romney will easily inherit a much worse mess than anything Obama inherited.

Romney has to deal with people that have 2-3 year gaps in employment, Obama didn’t.

Wagthatdog on July 25, 2012 at 12:05 PM

right2bright on July 25, 2012 at 11:40 AM

..and to add to that, where is Mitt now? In Europe LISTENING to the reps of the heads of state at the opening of the Olympics. (That’s the Olympic, Obama, you numb-nutted poseur. You know the world-stage event that occurs every four years; like the one you fumbled away for your hometown with your egotistical plea back in 2009 and like the one that Romney jumped in and saved from financial ruin for his hometown.)

After that, Mr Romney plans to visit Poland to LISTEN to what their leaders have to say. (Oh, to be a fly on that wall.) And then he wraps up with Isreal — again to LISTEN). (ibidem.)

All the while, Mr Romney will not cast about any gratuitous remarks about his SCOAMF opponent because it’s what people should do about the leader of their country. Unless, of course, you are a weak, sniveling, insecure, drooling peanut farmer from Georgia with a limp organ and an addled pate.

Meanwhile his campaign has fought this ersatz juggernaut — the political equivalent of the Nazi Blitzkrieg — to a standstill with only what funds are at hand and allowed him by law. Wait’ll after August and Mr Ronmey’s campaign is legally allowed to tap the fruits of his fundraising labors.

To borrow on and further torture the Blitzkrieg metaphor, our Jug Eared Wonder Boy is about to feel what it was like to be on the outskirts of Stalingrad.

The War Planner on July 25, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Obama “has no patience for this argument”?

Who the hell does he think he is? He doesn’t dictate what we think of his idiotic pontifications. We don’t care about his kindergarten-like antics. You are an empty tiny man behind NO curtain any more.

A lesson in irony.

The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of
Agriculture, is actually proud of the fact it is distributing the greatest amount of free meals and food stamps ever.

Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S.
Department of the Interior, asks us to “Please Do Not Feed the Animals.” Their stated reason for the policy is because the animals will growdependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves.

YOU, Idiotic President, might run on “From Diapers to Depends”, but we, the people, don’t give a damn about your anti-business socialist views. To Hell with all the looters! Too bad the moochers don’t wake up and pitchfork you, for keeping them in modern day plantations, for votes only.

Schadenfreude on July 25, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Our first anti-American president really stuck his foot in it this time.

kingsjester on July 25, 2012 at 12:06 PM

And those feeble attempts are Epic Failures too.

Let’s take the internet. It would have never succeeded with the “infrastructure” built not by the Government, but by private companies like A T & T. But of course, the Democrats believe that the Federal Government built AT & T’s phone networks.

And the very first ISP on the Planet(that’s “Internet Service Provider” to you Democrats) was and still is a private company, The World. It started in 1989, and is still headquartered in Boston. I still belong to a Listserv (remember those?!) that is hosted by The World.

Del Dolemonte on July 25, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Obama’s discomfiture relates directly to his ideology.

The progressive has only their ‘vision’ of a utopian state. They have no idea what it takes to make a real society function.

Thus, they don’t realize the value of those who take the risk and create a viable business in creating a stable and viable community, just as they don’t understand the value of a stable traditional family to the cohesiveness of a stable, viable community.

thatsafactjack on July 25, 2012 at 12:07 PM

our…Wonder Boy is about to feel what it was like to be on the outskirts of Stalingrad.

The War Planner on July 25, 2012 at 12:05 PM

It’s more effective to call him a Wunderkind. His elitists know what you mean and absolutely get stung by the hurt of him being anything but one.

Schadenfreude on July 25, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Schadenfreude on July 25, 2012 at 12:05 PM

Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S.
Department of the Interior, asks us to “Please Do Not Feed the Animals.” Their stated reason for the policy is because the animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves.

Now there is a campaign ad all written for ya.

coldwarrior on July 25, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Assuming that he did, he’s an even bigger buffoon. He then insults ALL the taxpayers who fund the infrastructure projects.

An Idiot is President either way.

Schadenfreude on July 25, 2012 at 12:09 PM