Rahm Emanuel: “Chick-fil-A values are not Chicago values”

posted at 4:43 pm on July 25, 2012 by Allahpundit

Is there anywhere in America outside of Chicago itself where the term “Chicago values” isn’t pejorative? It’s basically a byword for political corruption and insane levels of gun violence (tough local gun-control measures notwithstanding). If I were the Cathy family, I’d be tempted to make Rahm’s quote the company’s new slogan. “Chick-fil-A: Where the numbers add up and no one gets shot.”

Ald.Proco “Joe” Moreno announced this week that he will block Chick-fil-A’s effort to build its second Chicago store, which would be in the Logan Square neighborhood, following company President Dan Cathy’s remarks last week that he was “guilty as charged” for supporting the biblical definition of marriage as between a man and woman.

“If you are discriminating against a segment of the community, I don’t want you in the 1st Ward,” Moreno told the Tribune on Tuesday…

“Chick-fil-A values are not Chicago values,” the mayor said in a statement when asked about Moreno’s decision. “They disrespect our fellow neighbors and residents. This would be a bad investment, since it would be empty.”

Moreno is relying on a rarely violated Chicago tradition known as aldermanic privilege, which dictates that City Council members defer to the opinion of the ward alderman on local issues. Last year Moreno wielded that weapon to block plans for a Wal-Martin his ward, saying he had issues with the property owner and that Wal-Mart was not “a perfect fit for the area.”

I always get crossed up when gay-marriage supporters get indignant with opponents because I agree with them on the merits but can’t quite believe that sanctimony can set in so quickly on an issue that used to see ~70 percent opposition as recently as 15 years ago. A lot of people have changed their minds since then, including me, but it’s precisely because I used to hold the opposite position that I feel humility when tempted to sneer at gay-marriage opponents. Were Rahm and Moreno true blue SSM supporters from day one or did they too once — gasp — have “Chick-fil-A values” on this subject? As I recall, Rahm spent a few years working for a guy who lied his ass off about gay marriage for decades purely for cynical, self-interested political advantage. Were his values copacetic with “Chicago values” before he “evolved”? What’s worse, the Cathy family honestly professing their opposition to gay marriage or the Lightbringer dishonestly professing his opposition because he cared more about getting elected than standing up publicly for something he privately believed? The view from your high horse must be amazing, Rahm.

Per First Amendment expert Eugene Volokh, denying the company a building permit because of its managers’ political or religious views is grossly unconstitutional. The same is, and always was, true of the Ground Zero mosque in NYC; you can hope that they don’t build on the site, but when push comes to shove, they have the right. (The legal calculus would change if Chick-fil-A refused to serve gays, but as far as I know, the business itself has never discriminated.) The silver lining: If Rahm and Moreno are right about “Chicago values” then Chicagoans will simply refuse to patronize the new franchise. Evidently Chick-fil-A’s gambling that there are enough locals who’ll come to eat that it’s worth the expense of trying to set up shop. If Rahm’s serious about what he said, he should be willing to gamble too. Let them build and, after a boycott is inevitably organized, the market will decide who wins. And if the boycott works and Chick-fil-A decides to withdraw from blue states and cities, hey, I’ll live. We’ve still got the colonel in NYC, baby. He was pro-gay-marriage, right?

Update: I really should be above linking to Roseanne Barr’s tweets by now. I should be. And yet.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Rahm hates Jews and Christians?

Schadenfreude on July 25, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Good, simple food at an affordable price?

catmman on July 25, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Brilliant! Why we missed you.

Schadenfreude on July 25, 2012 at 4:45 PM

That’s because Chicago has no values.

HotAirian on July 25, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Rahm Emanuel: “Chick-fil-A values are not Chicago values”

Well, thank God!

BigGator5 on July 25, 2012 at 4:46 PM

So how long before the response is – “you didn’t donate to my campaign” or “you didn’t vote for me” – so your business is denied.
“Equal protection under the law” – dead in Chicago.

dentarthurdent on July 25, 2012 at 4:46 PM

“Chick-fil-A values are not Chicago values”

Chicago has no values – Chick-fil-A should close all it’s
locations in ILLINOIS.

redguy on July 25, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Pretty sure they’ll take that as a compliment.

antipc on July 25, 2012 at 4:46 PM

That’s okay. There are Chik-fil-As in the Western suburbs of Aurora/Naperville and Wheaton. Chicago is getting too dangerous to visit anyway…

Fallon on July 25, 2012 at 4:47 PM

I guess there are not enough murders or corruption in the Chick Fil-A. Who knew!

aniptofar on July 25, 2012 at 4:47 PM

I have a fundamental civil liberties problem with any government at any level that would block the opening of a business because the owner expressed a personal opinion that would be unpopular in that jurisdiction. Where does that end? What if Texas decided to ban Progressive Insurance? The banning of businesses based on the personal opinions of people are likely illegal and I would challenge it in court.

He didn’t discriminate AGAINST anyone. He didn’t say anything disparaging about anyone. He said what he SUPPORTED, not what he was AGAINST.

crosspatch on July 25, 2012 at 4:47 PM

the Cathy family honestly professing their opposition to gay marriage

did they do that? I thought they merely affirmed what they believed and the implication is that they’re opposed. That’s two different things, isn’t it?

ted c on July 25, 2012 at 4:47 PM

“Chick-fil-A values are not Chicago values”

Which is why Chick-fil-A is prospering and Chicago is a dangerous festering shiithole of corruption worthy of cautionary saga.

Akzed on July 25, 2012 at 4:48 PM

If Chick-fil-A did have Chicago values – their employees would be shooting each other and customers on a regualr basis.

dentarthurdent on July 25, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Rahm and obama are members of a gay bathhouse. I am sure that Cathy’s values are not the same as tiny dancer’s or oblowme’s.

lakeman on July 25, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Chick-fil-A: Where the numbers add up and no one gets shot.

heh!

ted c on July 25, 2012 at 4:49 PM

This is what Wikipedia has to say about IL SSM:

Illinois recognizes same-sex unions in the form of civil unions that provide same-sex couples the rights of marriage under state law. Civil unions were legalized in Illinois on January 31, 2011, after Governor Pat Quinn signed legislation, and the law went into effect on June 1, 2011.

The same law also allows opposite-sex civil unions as well as
recognition of substantially similar legal relationships, including same-sex marriages and civil unions, entered into in other jurisdictions. Same-sex marriages cannot be legally entered into in Illinois.

The 2005 Illinois Policy Survey found that 31 percent of residents supported the legal right to marry someone of the same sex, and an additional 34 percent of residents supported civil unions.

Marriage

In 1996, because Hawaii seemed poised to legalize same-sex marriage, the Illinois Marriage and Dissolution of Marriage Act was amended to
state that “A marriage between 2 individuals of the same sex is contrary to the public policy of this state.” The state does not recognize marriages entered into in other jurisdictions if the marriage would have been prohibited in Illinois.

Yep, those Chick-fil-A people sure are out of the IL mainstream.

Greg Q on July 25, 2012 at 4:49 PM

“Chick-fil-A: Where the numbers add up and no one gets shot.”

Oh snap! (Whatever the hell that means)

squint on July 25, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Chick-fil-A values are not Chicago values

Chick-fil-A’s newest marketing campaign

Stoic Patriot on July 25, 2012 at 4:49 PM

How many people have been killed this week in the city of Values?

rob verdi on July 25, 2012 at 4:49 PM

If chick fil A’s values were chicago values, then the register would be empty and the cooler would be full, every night.

ted c on July 25, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Mass murder is a Chicago value. Pretty much nightly.

JammieWearingFool on July 25, 2012 at 4:49 PM

As Rahmbo bellows from his Ivory Tower…

southsideironworks on July 25, 2012 at 4:50 PM

I so hope it all ends up at the SC, aside from the Muenchhausean/Machiavellian/Orwellian/Pinocchean Obama and his, all in one.

Schadenfreude on July 25, 2012 at 4:50 PM

Uh, yeah. I’ve eaten at Chick-Fil-A hundreds of times and they’ve never asked me my orientation when I place my order.

Why the left keeps doing this, I’ll never know. I’m pro-gay marriage(provided it’s approved by voters and not forced on us by activist judges), but this kind of crap makes me very unsympathetic to its staunchest supporters. Just like when they went after the Prop 8 crowd in California. From an economic standpoint alone this is ludicrous. Chicago is blocking Wal-Mart and Chick-Fil-A from opening stores in their area which is keeping jobs and millions of dollars out of neighborhoods that could badly use them.

Doughboy on July 25, 2012 at 4:50 PM

Akzed on July 25, 2012 at 4:48 PM

A+++

dentarthurdent on July 25, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Oh, Allah…

There’s a nice one in Orland Park, too.

But here’s the extra crazy sauce: there already IS a Chick-fil-A in Chicago, right in the heart of urbane, sophisticated, same-sex marriage fetishizing downtown Chicago.

Kensington on July 25, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Wait, so the gov’t *can* discriminate on the basis of religion and speech? I’m so glad we cleared that up.

xuyee on July 25, 2012 at 4:51 PM

You’ll end up like Sodom and Gomorrah, too.

listens2glenn on July 25, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Hey Chick-fil-A, You didn’t build that!!! We wouldn’t let you!!

lakeman on July 25, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Roseanne will die of something very nasty.

Schadenfreude on July 25, 2012 at 4:51 PM

redguy on July 25, 2012 at 4:46 PM

And punish the good people in central & southern Illinois?

Yikes!

22044 on July 25, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Just another reason to love Chick Fil-A..hmm guess I know what I’m having for dinner tonight. Sucks to be anyone in these crazies districts. You can’t get a large soda in NYC and you won’t be able to get a chicken sandwich in Chicago. We have Chick Fil-A’s all over the DFW Texas area and they are BUSY. Why the sudden indignation? Chick Fil-A hasn’t changed their values since the franchise was started. Looks like political grandstanding in an election year to me. Stupid Democraps.

neyney on July 25, 2012 at 4:52 PM

CHICAGO — Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s first reading material each morning, at 5:30, is not a budget update, a legislative proposal or a packet of headlines. It is an e-mail from the Chicago Police Department listing the crimes that were committed during the night that just ended. By 7 a.m., he is calling Garry F. McCarthy, the police superintendent. That is unlikely to be their final conversation of the day, or even of the morning.

Tawaila Medley, manager of a laundry in that neighborhood, says she sees boys gathering at all hours of the night.

Mr. Emanuel listed safer streets among his top three priorities when he became mayor a year ago, but Chicago, the nation’s third-largest city, is now testing that promise. Homicides are up by 38 percent from a year ago, and shootings have increased as well, even as killings have held steady or dropped in New York, Los Angeles and some other cities. As of June 17, 240 people had been killed here this year, mostly in shootings, 66 more deaths than occurred in the same period in 2011.

/values/

ted c on July 25, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Isn’t this where they put up a strip club right next to a Catholic church?

stldave on July 25, 2012 at 4:52 PM

How is the company discriminating? Are they refusing to serve gay customers? Are they refusing to hire lesbian employees? Where is the discrimination?

aunursa on July 25, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Chick-fil-A isn’t load with illegal aliens. When I order my food I don’t have to speak eat world slowly.

N-O C-O-M-B-O.

Oil Can on July 25, 2012 at 4:53 PM

So how much does Chick-Fil-A owe Mr. Emanuel for this endorsement?

lonestarleeroy on July 25, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Is shooting 7 year old girls selling lemonade a Chicago value, Rahm?

JPeterman on July 25, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Chick-fil-a: We don’t require ID just like Chicago voting booths

Chick-fil-a: We aren’t Chicago, none of our leaders have been arrested for corruption

Chick fil a: This is a BFD (had to throw Biden reference in htere)

Chick fil a: Never let a chicken go to waste

Chick fil a: We produce more jobs then the city of Chicago

Defector01 on July 25, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Rahm Emanuel: “Chick-fil-A values are not Chicago values”

…ahhhhhh!…more sensitivity to free speech from the touchy feely crowd!

KOOLAID2 on July 25, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Chic-fil-a’s profits are going to go through the roof because of this kerfuffle. It’s too bad they’re privately owned. If they were publicly traded, I’d buy stock.

Kataklysmic on July 25, 2012 at 4:53 PM

but as far as I know, the business itself has never discriminated

they don’t serve cows…../

ted c on July 25, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Jimmy Fallon was fellating her last night on this show, too.

lorien1973 on July 25, 2012 at 4:53 PM

war for Chick-Fil-A in Chicago

Chicken war heats up in #Chicouncil. Aldermen whisper they’d take Chick-Fil-A’s jobs if @Alderman_Moreno doesn’t

William Amos on July 25, 2012 at 4:54 PM

He is touting the crime capitol of America? The killing capitol of America as Chic-Fil-A not with the same standards? Really?

So Chic-Fil-A should what, shoot 3 and kill one customer every night?

right2bright on July 25, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Tweet of the day:

In order to promote Chicago values, Chick-Fil-A announces it will start randomly murdering people and selling meth.

rockmom on July 25, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Chick-fil-A says thanks. We’ll take those 40 jobs over to the next neighborhood.

BacaDog on July 25, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Mr. Cathy said on Huck’s show last week that their restaurants serve everyone and treat them as they would want to be treated. So what if he doesn’t approve of gay marriages?

gracie on July 25, 2012 at 4:56 PM

CFA should follow the Wal-Mart model and open their stores accross the street from Chicago city boundaries.

tom daschle concerned on July 25, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Rahm Emanuel: “Chick-fil-A values are not Chicago values”

Values. “You keep using that word. I don’t think it means what you think it means.”

squint on July 25, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Logan Square, where Chick-Fil-A wanted to build this restaurant, is a predominantly Hispanic neighborhood. For this alderman Moreno (who also is Hispanic) to state with a straight face (no pun intended) that there’s no point in Chick-Fil-A building there because the restaurant will be boycotted by the residents of the neighborhood over their anti-gay marriage stance is laughable.

Not only that, but what’s the unemployment rate among the Hispanic community, like 15%? How can you say no to the jobs that restaurant will provide, and the tax revenue to pander to a tiny minority of your constituents? Unless this is some kind of shakedown scam, which I wouldn’t put past these clowns, it makes no sense.

eyedoc on July 25, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Idiots

cmsinaz on July 25, 2012 at 4:57 PM

I think I have another reason to eat at Chick-Fil-A now! They actually have values unlike Chicago – I’m so full of not surprised!

Southgirl on July 25, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Probsably better in the long run. They would be risking their lives as Chicago is now more dangerous and Baghdad.

mouell on July 25, 2012 at 4:58 PM

228 murdered in Chicago as of 6-16
At this rate – it will be about 450 murders in Chicago in 2012 -
Or about 37 Aurora “incidents”….
Put’s it in perspective.

redguy on July 25, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Rahm Emanuel: “Chick-fil-A values are not Chicago values”

Yet another good reason to never ever vote for a politician from Chicago!

And that rule applies double to politicians who share Nancy Pelosi’s “San Francisco Values”!

wren on July 25, 2012 at 4:58 PM

What, no senseless murders and gun violence on a massive scale at CFA lately? Thank God CFA doesn’t share Chicago’s corrupt and homicidal values, Rahmbo.

These moonbats never cease to amaze me with their sheer ignorance.

Philly on July 25, 2012 at 4:58 PM

I thought that accepted for protected classes, like racial background, businesses were free to determine who they did business with?

For example, if I ran a Photo Hut and didn’t want to process nudist film, that would be against the law?

18-1 on July 25, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Chicago values

…Sharia Law?

KOOLAID2 on July 25, 2012 at 4:58 PM

“Chick-fil-A values are not Chicago values”

I guess Chick-fil-A will have to make sure their next 3 chief executives and a couple dozen high level managers get indicted so they can comply with Chicago values.

BacaDog on July 25, 2012 at 4:59 PM

rockmom on July 25, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Now you’re talkin’….
@TinyDancer

ted c on July 25, 2012 at 4:59 PM

eyedoc on July 25, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Liberal groupthink at it’s finest. Now that the Preezy has “evolved” on SSM, it’s mandatory for all Democrats to support it at all costs, even atthe expense of actual jobs and economic development for their constituents.

rockmom on July 25, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Hey – who do I have to kill to get a chicken sandwich here?….

dentarthurdent on July 25, 2012 at 4:59 PM

I’ve seen their ads – they discriminate against cows…..

dentarthurdent on July 25, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Spicey Chicken bisquits, yummmmmmm. :)

paulsur on July 25, 2012 at 5:01 PM

I guess this is an insult, or something.

Left Coast Right Mind on July 25, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Rahm Emanuel: “Chick-fil-A values are not Chicago values”

I’m pro-SSM, but like Allah, I can’t stand the sanctimony and vigorously defend the First Amendment rights of the faithful. When people like Rahm Emanuel make statements like the above, it really infuriates me…not just from a, well, values standpoint, but from an economic one, as well. It’s idiotic…like Obama saying he would hike CGRs for “purposes of fairness” even if it meant a decrease in revenue to the Treasury.

Illinois politicians make a habit of putting their “values” above the values of the mainstream and commonsense. I’m reminded of this chart that dramatically demonstrates the point:

Chart of the Day: Illinois Democrats Were Soooo Certain They Were Right And Scott Walker Was Wrong

M2RB: Ronnie James Dio

All of those in Illinois, who got socked with that 67% tax increase and are dealing with the fallout, just remember those “Democratic values.”

Resist We Much on July 25, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Chicago Values

Chicago Remains Most Segragated Among Big Cities

visions on July 25, 2012 at 5:02 PM

I’ve seen their ads – they discriminate against cows…..

dentarthurdent on July 25, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Yes, but they are above average cows. They make signs and have an overhead projector and stuff.

BacaDog on July 25, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Rahm and Obama are members of a gay bathhouse. I am sure that Cathy’s values are not the same as tiny dancer’s or oblowme’s.

lakeman on July 25, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Chicago’s Man’s Country has always been a big supporter of gay rights!

slickwillie2001 on July 25, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Maybe the real problem is that Chick-fil-a doesn’t serve dog meat, and Chicago’s taking offense on the President’s behalf.

Kensington on July 25, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Chicago’s street thugs are going to attack each other, they should take their fight away from innocent children.

We’ve got two gangbangers, one standing next to a kid. Get away from that kid. Take your stuff away to the alley. Don’t touch the children of the city of Chicago.

Don’t get near them, and it is about values. As I said then when a 7-year-old girl was shot and killed last month, who raised you? How were you raised?

And I don’t buy this case where people say they don’t have values. They do have values. They have the wrong values. Don’t come near the kids don’t touch them.”

Chicago values…

stldave on July 25, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Moreno’s neighborhood doesn’t need new business coming in.

Not as long as welfare checks are still going out.

GarandFan on July 25, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Segregated

visions on July 25, 2012 at 5:03 PM

“Chick-fil-A values are not Chicago values”

He is exactly right. Chick-fil-A is moral, ethical, and law abiding. Everything Chicago politicians are not.

paulsur on July 25, 2012 at 5:04 PM

228 murdered in Chicago as of 6-16
At this rate – it will be about 450 murders in Chicago in 2012 -
Or about 37 Aurora “incidents”….
Put’s it in perspective.

redguy on July 25, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Seriously, what is wrong with the people of Chicago?

They need serious help.

tetriskid on July 25, 2012 at 5:04 PM

What if Bloomberg denied the mosque building permit because of Islam’s stance on gay marriage? The ACLU would be all over that like stink on a monkey. This case? I doubt it.

gwelf on July 25, 2012 at 5:05 PM

In order to match Chicago Dem values, all our stores will now have quotas for hiring dead people….

dentarthurdent on July 25, 2012 at 5:05 PM

Rahm is holding out until Chic-fil-A delivers dead fish.

itsnotaboutme on July 25, 2012 at 5:05 PM

Therin lies your problem, Tiny Dancer.

kingsjester on July 25, 2012 at 5:05 PM

rockmom on July 25, 2012 at 4:55 PM

you’re killin’ me here…..

About 15 yrs ago some guys went into a KFC in Des Plains outside Chicago and murdered 5 or 6 people working there. The police kept the chicken dinners half eaten that had been thrown into the dumpster that nite. Just a few years ago they matched the DNA on one of these chicken dinners to one of the guys who did the murders. His girlfriend was really p. o.’d with him, knew he had done it yrs previously and turned him in. The police had met their match. True Story.

gracie on July 25, 2012 at 5:05 PM

Eugene Volokh: It’s a violation of the First Amendment.

But denying a private business permits because of such speech by its owner is a blatant First Amendment violation. Even when it comes to government contracting — where the government is choosing how to spend government money — the government generally may not discriminate based on the contractor’s speech, see Board of County Commissioners v. Umbehr (1996). It is even clearer that the government may not make decisions about how people will be allowed to use their own property based on the speaker’s past speech.

aunursa on July 25, 2012 at 5:06 PM

Chicago Values – Naked encounters.

antisocial on July 25, 2012 at 5:06 PM

Rahm is holding out until Chic-fil-A delivers dead fish.

itsnotaboutme on July 25, 2012 at 5:05 PM

…and horse heads…

ted c on July 25, 2012 at 5:07 PM

BacaDog on July 25, 2012 at 5:02 PM

But there spelling indicates publik skool edukation by union teechers.

dentarthurdent on July 25, 2012 at 5:07 PM

In my book that means they are good values.

jukin3 on July 25, 2012 at 5:07 PM

gracie on July 25, 2012 at 5:05 PM

This was a Brown’s Chicken. 7 people were murdered. Horrible event.

Ted Torgerson on July 25, 2012 at 5:07 PM

Unacceptable. It is not enough to change your position to the Correct One. You must atone for your past deviance by rooting out other dissenters.

RINO in Name Only on July 25, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Chick-Fil-A was a former client of mine when I was practicing architecture. Truett Cathy is the ultimate enemy of liberals. Self-made success, Christian values and charitable. Government lovers loath men of such stature.

These stupid liberal politicians are just showing how shallow they truly are.

We will not grant permits to a company that has different political views then ours? This is a stupid hill to die one for them.

the new aesthetic on July 25, 2012 at 5:08 PM

“Chick-fil-A values are not Chicago values,”

That’s right, there’s no way you could keep up that kind of a Murder rate, if they were.

God Bless America!

paratisi on July 25, 2012 at 5:09 PM

Chick-fil-A is a purveyor of chicken. Ald. Moreno is a purveyor of chicken****.

Mr. D on July 25, 2012 at 5:10 PM

they don’t serve cows…../

ted c on July 25, 2012 at 4:53 PM

How do you know, you ever see them refuse a cow service?

SWalker on July 25, 2012 at 5:10 PM

I wish I could take this as light- heartedly as most… But this is not the country I grew up in. 2012 America means you cannot express your views unless they comport with the far- left establishment? No room for opposing views unless they are to be Alinskied? (attacked, singled out, smeared, destroyed)

This is not America anymore and these totalitarian bastards can go to hell.

Snackrabbit on July 25, 2012 at 5:11 PM

The Anchoress has posted that this “reeks of fascism.” And I completely agree:

I used to think the term “liberal fascism” might be over the top. No more, especially after this episode.

WannabeAnglican on July 25, 2012 at 5:11 PM

Ted Torgerson on July 25, 2012 at 5:07 PM

thanx

gracie on July 25, 2012 at 5:13 PM

WannabeAnglican on July 25, 2012 at 5:11 PM

“Liberal fascism” is repetitive and redundant….

dentarthurdent on July 25, 2012 at 5:13 PM

I guess in Chicago when you pull up to the window the ask what you want and how you do it.

Did you want KY with your fries? Free Trojenz in the kids meal.

Robert Jensen on July 25, 2012 at 5:13 PM