Obama has ‘no patience’ for frequent quoting of dumb thing he said

posted at 1:21 pm on July 25, 2012 by Mary Katharine Ham

“I didn’t say that” is the new “You didn’t build that.”

On the heels of a new ad, which attempts to clarify his now infamous remarks about business and success, Politico reports President Obama vented about attacks at a Seattle fund raiser:

“I have to tell you, I generally have patience with what the other side says about me, that’s a requirement of this job,” Obama said during a $5,000-per-plate fundraiser here, according to the pool report.

“And if you don’t like folks talking about you, you probably shouldn’t run for president. The one thing I do have no patience for is this argument that somehow what I’m criticizing is success… I want to promote success,” Obama said.

He touted the story of Costco founder Jim Sinegal, host of the event, to reiterate that he totes hearts success:

“[W]hat I know is that Jim’s story, my story, the story of so many of you, our success was made possible in this country because our parents, our grandparents our great grandparents, stretching all the way back to the founders, they had a vision that says, you know what, insists on hard work and individual initiative,” Obama said.

“We’re going to reward risk and entrepreneurship. People are going to have to sweat and sacrifice for their success. But there are some things that we’re also going to do together to make sure that everyone has success. Not everyone’s going to succeed, but everyone’s going to have a shot at success,” the president said.

Once again, even leaving the “you didn’t build that” quote aside, is this passage a celebration of success? Is it a pledge to stand behind entrepreneurs?

There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me — because they want to give something back. They know they didn’t — look, if you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own. You didn’t get there on your own. I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something — there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there. (Applause.)

If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges.

He wishes he hadn’t said it, but he did, and it’s a casual dismissal of what it takes to succeed mixed with a sense of entitlement to what entrepreneurs create, along with a tsk-tsk implication that they give nothing back despite the fact that they pay taxes. Gee, I wonder why everyone heard it wrong.

Allahpundit wondered last night if Obama ’08 ever directly answered a line of attack in an ad like this. I wonder why, if he’s going to respond with these ads in 2012, he doesn’t launch them earlier or not at all.

Obama made his “you didn’t build that” comments on July 15 (Correction: July 13). He released a response ad 11 days later. He uttered his last major gaffe— “The private sector is doing fine.”— on June 8. His response ad came out June 25.

In both instances, the gap allowed Republicans to launch several ads without much competition for cementing the public’s impression of the statement, then Obama swooped in to give new life to the story when it might have been on the verge of dying down. Seems odd, doesn’t it, from the genius crew of Obama ’08?

Old and busted: rapid response. New hotness: two-weeks-later response.

Then, there’s this. HAHAHAHA!

Now, everyone whistle along:

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

What did they steal?

Axe on July 25, 2012 at 2:02 PM

Also, just coined over at Ace of Spades:

Obama has been “swiftquoted”

This is freakin’ gold.

Obama whines about the “splicing and dicing” and “tipping over the skis” on this one. Blah blah blah, boo hoo hoo it all adds up to a bunch of whiny unbecoming complaining. So much for mr. cool.

Someone call a waaaahmbulance for preezy fauntleroy, stat!

GrassMudHorsey on July 25, 2012 at 2:02 PM

I suppose Obama never said this:

“America and Islam are not exclusive and need not be in competition. Instead, they overlap, and share common principles of justice and progress, tolerance and the dignity of all human beings.

As for me, I am well past tired of Obama and his minions. Have been since January 2009.

coldwarrior on July 25, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Salahuddin on July 25, 2012 at 1:56 PM

No, YOU move to Somalia. Your attempts to prop up this failure are pathetic.

Night Owl on July 25, 2012 at 2:03 PM

er…..what? is that a quotage? I do have no patience for….er… maybe I don’t have patience for….

ted c on July 25, 2012 at 2:04 PM

For example, I have no doubt that Obama would cheer my success if I were to discover a cure for cancer, but I also have little doubt that he would believe that I should be “punished” through taxation or shame if I decided only to profit from it. In his view, it is the profit that is evil, not the success. As a result, it is incumbent upon him to instill in me a belief that I must “give back to society and those less fortunate and pay ‘my fair share’” and, if I do not, he will use the iron hand of government to make me do it.

“Social justice” is code for theft by thuggery. Period. Story. End of…as you so beutifully say (or variation thereof :) )

The Nazis and Soviets cheered the success of their scientists…but only as long as the work and success was for the state and the individual subservient to it.

It is a fatal conceit of collectivists, who believe that they are morally superior because their intentions are “noble.” Whenever men set out to create Heaven on Earth, they inevitably end up creating Hell instead.
Resist We Much on July 25, 2012 at 1:59 PM

Must be repeated millions of times. Morning good one.

Schadenfreude on July 25, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Or afternoon, or evening, RWM :)

Schadenfreude on July 25, 2012 at 2:05 PM

If our success is due to our parents, grandparents, teachers and some road or bridge, who is responsible for our failings?

Regarding the video of “Guns n’ Roses”, all I can say is yuck. They look like ugly girls with tattoos, they have hair like girls, they dress like girls, they move like girls, they sleep with girls. . .are they lesbians?

SpiderMike on July 25, 2012 at 2:05 PM

But you don’t have a problem with Willard saying
the same $#!t.

Salahuddin on July 25, 2012 at 1:56 PM

You are incapable of understanding the difference between the two. Parents sacrificing by working two jobs and arising early every morning to bring their kids to 5 AM swim practise is infinitely different than Obama’s government-centric approach to society.

“This only proves that you have very little things to use against Obama, so you’re down to making stuff up.

Yes, because we have full employment, skyrocketing home values, increasing wages, rising test scores, fall deficits and debt, expanding economic growth and opportunity, more freedom, more security, more civil liberties, lower crime, better sex, and, well, pretty much more of every good thing, including even manna from heaven, and less of every bad thing!

I just can’t wait to vote for 4 more years of Obama in November!

FOUR MORE YEARS!!!

FOUR MORE YEARS!!!

FOUR MORE YEARS!!!

/s

Resist We Much on July 25, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Salahuddin on July 25, 2012 at 1:56 PM

Moron – gov’t produces nothing, nada, rien! The projects, contracts for infrastructure and all else, including all the mooching, are funded by the taxes of very hard working individuals, who build companies, proprietorships and etc.

Period. Story. End of.

Your arguments are empty and fortunately the majority of Americans know it. It’s why the comment of this empty goon is so devastating.

Schadenfreude on July 25, 2012 at 2:07 PM

A not-so minor sidebar about Obama’s latest gaffe is that it solidifies what many of us have been saying for five years…that Obama uses the teleprompters as both a crutch and a shield to protect him from revealing who he is and what he really believes. The moment his campaign decides to wean him off the prompters so he can “connect” better with voters is the moment he reveals his true thoughts.

Obama is nothing but a defective, focus group tested product sold to willing dupes by David Axelfraud. Low information voters bought the clever packaging but were ripped off by the actual product, which comes up short.

OxyCon on July 25, 2012 at 2:08 PM

SpiderMike on July 25, 2012 at 2:05 PM

Hey!

I’ve been a lesbian most of my adult life.

Lesbians like girls.

I really really like girls.

coldwarrior on July 25, 2012 at 2:09 PM

You notice that actual worldly success equates to “my story” in O’s postmodern worldview. There is no objective truth; truth is merely a narrative among narratives, hence “success” is whatever O defines it to be…

Pest on July 25, 2012 at 2:09 PM

From the Politico story:

Obama pointed to public schools and colleges and “this amazing infrastructure that allows businesses to move goods and services.”

Maybe he doesn’t understand: ROADS are the infrastructure that allow us to move stuff. SCHOOLS are places where people learn to make stuff, including roads.

hawksruleva on July 25, 2012 at 2:10 PM

Or afternoon, or evening, RWM :)

Schadenfreude on July 25, 2012 at 2:05 PM

G’day, my friend! How are ya?

Did you hear about the miracle in China?

Report: Chinese Police Rescue “Fantasy Girl” … Still “Non-Responsive,” But Back At Work

M2RB: .38 Special, live at Sturgis
“So, honey, what did you do today??? …”

hehehe

Resist We Much on July 25, 2012 at 2:10 PM

Resist We Much on July 25, 2012 at 1:59 PM

OT/I attempted to write you at your thingy about a possible typo that may have not been a typo at all. Hope that’s OK. If it wasn’t — never mind, it never happened. :)/OT

Axe on July 25, 2012 at 2:10 PM

Once, again, I think that Zero is going insane. To equate “giving” with Zero’s eroticism for “taxation” and “confiscation” is irrational.

OhEssYouCowboys on July 25, 2012 at 2:10 PM

He sounds like a bitter clinger. And a baby.

“I did not say that.” Stamps foot and socks teleprompter.

LetsBfrank on July 25, 2012 at 2:11 PM

swiftquoted

GrassMudHorsey on July 25, 2012 at 2:02 PM

lol

Axe on July 25, 2012 at 2:12 PM

I think it’s past time to tell Obowma or who ever paid for his education…

… that he was seriously ripped off.

Seven Percent Solution on July 25, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Obama has been “swiftquoted”

This is freakin’ gold.

GrassMudHorsey on July 25, 2012 at 2:02 PM

heh!! that’s money

ted c on July 25, 2012 at 2:12 PM

I have to tell you, I generally have patience with what the other side says about me, that’s a requirement of this job, Obama said…

Yes, his remarkable ability to accept criticism is one of his most admirable qualities. It probably comes from his lifetime of executive experience.

Mr. Wednesday Night on July 25, 2012 at 2:14 PM

COSTCO ?
COSTCO FOUNDER ?
Success ??

ARE YOU FREAKIN KIDDING ME ???

COSTCO SELLS MUCHO PRODUCTO FROM OFFSHORED JOBS IN MEXICO AND CHINA !!!

Ocommie touting offshoring success at a campaign event ?

Is anyone paying attention to what this dip shiite is saying- and contradicting himself-

Is his bus still the Canadian one ?

FlaMurph on July 25, 2012 at 2:14 PM

And they had to create absurd notions such as Nazi consciousness or Socialist Man to justify it. In the end, it is the war on “bourgeois” modes of thinking…

Pest on July 25, 2012 at 2:15 PM

Obama has ‘no patience’ for frequent quoting of dumb thing he said

MKH, I think you should update your headline to closer resemble the actual quote.

Obama: ‘I do have no patience for‘ for frequent quoting of dumb thing he said.

ted c on July 25, 2012 at 2:17 PM

Salahuddin on July 25, 2012 at 1:56 PM

That’s the silliest thing I’ve read in a while. His entire tenure is available.

Axe on July 25, 2012 at 2:17 PM

A double minded man is unstable in all his ways. James 1:8, King James Bible

Marcola on July 25, 2012 at 2:17 PM

Lesbians like girls.

I really really like girls.

coldwarrior on July 25, 2012 at 2:09 PM

What’s the old joke….

“I’m a man trapped in a lesbians body”

Tim_CA on July 25, 2012 at 2:18 PM

This election will be epic in scope as it will pit actual worldly achievement and success vs. postmodern notions of individual “narratives” to justify redistribution. O is on the verge of going down in history as the most colossal failure ever produced by Affirmative Action…

Pest on July 25, 2012 at 2:18 PM

Dang it was heading out for a Costco run later today

cmsinaz on July 25, 2012 at 2:18 PM

Rush is hammering this right now!!!

ted c on July 25, 2012 at 2:18 PM

Resist We Much on July 25, 2012 at 2:10 PM

G’day back at you. I just watch the world go bye/by, er…to Hell/hell…with 98% apathy and 2% fire.

Thanks for the insanity in China tip.

Schadenfreude on July 25, 2012 at 2:19 PM

“I’m a man trapped in a lesbians body”

Tim_CA on July 25, 2012 at 2:18 PM

No, it’s “I’m a lesbian trapped in a man’s body.”

ted c on July 25, 2012 at 2:19 PM

He sounds like a bitter clinger. And a baby.

“I did not say that.” Stamps foot and socks teleprompter.

LetsBfrank on July 25, 2012 at 2:11 PM

Hey, how dare you compare me to the SCOAMF!!

Bitter Clinger on July 25, 2012 at 2:20 PM

Show me just one single small business who doesn’t get help from the government in one way or another.

Salahuddin on July 25, 2012 at 1:56 PM

Henry Ford didn’t get any grants. And there were no highways when he started cranking out cars.

CurtZHP on July 25, 2012 at 2:20 PM

To call Obama a “socialist” is a far too generous description.

He is waaaaay to the left of that…and watch out for an unrestricted 2nd/last term.

Schadenfreude on July 25, 2012 at 2:20 PM

No, it’s “I’m a lesbian trapped in a man’s body.”

ted c on July 25, 2012 at 2:19 PM

I thought I was the only one! You mean I’m not really alone??

(sniff)

Group hug!

CurtZHP on July 25, 2012 at 2:21 PM

So what’s stopping them? Set up a bloody foundation and give back all you want…

Pest on July 25, 2012 at 2:21 PM

“I’m a man trapped in a lesbians body”
Tim_CA on July 25, 2012 at 2:18 PM

No, it’s “I’m a lesbian trapped in a man’s body.”

ted c on July 25, 2012 at 2:19 PM

You people better stop trapping lesbians.

#waronwomen

Axe on July 25, 2012 at 2:22 PM

To call Obama a “socialist” is a far too generous description.

Schadenfreude on July 25, 2012 at 2:20 PM

He is rabid, dyed-in-the-wool Marxist hellbent on the destruction of capitalism…

Pest on July 25, 2012 at 2:22 PM

From the Politico story:

hawksruleva on July 25, 2012 at 2:10 PM

He’s off the prompter again. Sweet.

Lost in Jersey on July 25, 2012 at 2:22 PM

A double minded man is unstable in all his ways. James 1:8, King James Bible

Marcola on July 25, 2012 at 2:17 PM

Nice touch.

OhEssYouCowboys on July 25, 2012 at 2:23 PM

Hit dog always hollers. Even if Obama’s already eaten it.

de rigueur on July 25, 2012 at 2:24 PM

You people better stop trapping lesbians.

#waronwomen

Axe on July 25, 2012 at 2:22 PM

I use beaver in the traps./

ted c on July 25, 2012 at 2:25 PM

Then, there’s this. HAHAHAHA!

Shameless and delusional.

John the Libertarian on July 25, 2012 at 2:26 PM

It is amusing to watch Barry lose his patience and his mind over this.

As much as I love G&R, “Paitence” is just an awful, awful song. It is undeniable proof that there are some bands that just shouldn’t attempt acoustic ballads.

crazy_legs on July 25, 2012 at 1:38 PM

I agree. Paradise City was a masterpiece but even September Rain was awful.

Fallon on July 25, 2012 at 2:27 PM

People are going to have to sweat and sacrifice for their success.

Says the guy who is trying to gut the work requirement for welfare recipients.

The Obama administration spent taxpayer money to produce and run some Spanish-language novellas (soap-opera like ads) in which one character mocks and ridicules another after she says she’s not on food stamps because her husband makes enough money to provide for their family: You just don’t get it!

It’s free, swipe it on your EBT!” should be the official song for this clueless and hypocritical administration.

AZCoyote on July 25, 2012 at 2:30 PM

S

o what’s stopping them? Set up a bloody foundation and give back all you want…

Pest on July 25, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Easier than that.

If any American or American business, or celebrity millionaire wants to “give back” then simply go here:

The Department of Treasury has been accepting donations to pay down the public debt for decades. Now, you can do it online.

Forcing all, or requiring all to do the same, or somehow trying to shame citizens into “giving back” by diktat or law or posturing by a President is certainly anti-American. Corporatist, fascist. Socialist, Communist, Yes.

But certainly not American.

coldwarrior on July 25, 2012 at 2:30 PM

tetriskid on July 25, 2012 at 1:58 PM

U mad bro?

Salahuddin on July 25, 2012 at 2:33 PM

move to Somalia. A very perfect example for government getting out of the way, and letting citizens “prosper”.

Salahuddin on July 25, 2012 at 1:56 PM

What’s your preoccupation with Somalia? This is at least the third comment you’ve made (that I’ve seen) that referenced someone moving to Somalia.

???

kim roy on July 25, 2012 at 2:34 PM

ted c on July 25, 2012 at 2:25 PM

After a genuine laugh out loud — I officially jump off this rail. :)

Axe on July 25, 2012 at 2:35 PM

He’d have no issues with repetitive Romney gaffe sound bites. Hypocrite to the core.

kirkill on July 25, 2012 at 2:36 PM

He touted the story of Costco founder Jim Sinegal, host of the event

Great reason to boycot Costco

txdoc on July 25, 2012 at 2:37 PM

Obama is all about redistribution. He redistributes credit for success from the folks who earned it to the folks he prefers have it. The individual to the collective – in all things.

txmomof6 on July 25, 2012 at 2:37 PM

President Obama went on the defensive today over his understanding of small business owners, saying Republicans “may have tipped a little bit over their skis” in their attempts to use his words against him.

I wonder if that phrase will get the Thomas Buch-Andersen treatment…

Obama: Same Old Song And Dance, My Friend

M2RB: Aerosmith

Resist We Much on July 25, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Too bad President Thin Skin doesn’t take his own advice.

GarandFan on July 25, 2012 at 2:39 PM

Oh Barry boy, the votes, the votes are calling
From dead to dead and down Chicago’s way
The summer’s gone and all the ballots dying
‘Tis you, ’tis you must go and Mitt must stay

But come ye hack when Plouffe cries in his pillow
Or when your campaign’s broke and out of blow
And I’ll be here when Al Gore’s in your shadow
Oh Barry boy, oh Barry boy I told you so

But if you come and all the voters dying
And if they’re dead, as dead they well may be
We’ll count the votes behind closed doors just for you
Lying and steal and hang a chad just for thee

And you shall feel, oh feel it’s still all Bush’s fault
And then my vote will richer, sweeter be
For you will lose ‘cuz losing’s all you ever do
For Mitt will win and then we’ll Barry you

PolarCoug on July 25, 2012 at 2:40 PM

Does he possibly think that skiing is a summer Olympic sport?…

Pest on July 25, 2012 at 2:40 PM

Pimp thanks pimp.

Schadenfreude on July 25, 2012 at 2:41 PM

President Bart Simpson

Scrappy on July 25, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Obama has no patience for:

- Smart people who succeed
- Hard working people who succeed
- Tough questions
- Effective Nov 6th – over half of the American People

Oh and one more thing – 225 yard par 3′s.

NeoDawg on July 25, 2012 at 2:43 PM

???

kim roy on July 25, 2012 at 2:34 PM

Maybe that’s where he is and he’s lonely?

Night Owl on July 25, 2012 at 2:45 PM

“may have tipped a little bit over their skis”

Is that what you do when you toss a few coins to the lift operator? Maybe give a fiver to the wax man?

This is the most intelligent articulate (and clean, thank you, Joe Biden) President ever?

The man cannot construct a simple coherent sentence to save his butt.

Saw that when Obama was in Denver…when he said “…these are the pillars upon which our foundations are built.”

Try that sometime. Those pillars will crush like cans once you pour the foundation over them.

Not only inarticulate, but soooo dumb. [Compliments to the late great Cleavon Little.]

i

coldwarrior on July 25, 2012 at 2:47 PM

I literally JUST got back from Costco, where I spent $65. So mad I could spit.

Naturally Curly on July 25, 2012 at 2:47 PM

O the two-minded slithering snake surfaces yet again:

Pest on July 25, 2012 at 2:48 PM

Barry does, in fact, have EVERY desire to promote success. That’s something that should be indisputable by now. It’s just that it’s really only HIS success that he has any desire to promote.

Such a small difference really, so what’s the big deal…?

Shawn_NH on July 25, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Salahuddin on July 25, 2012 at 2:33 PM

You sad bro?

Bmore on July 25, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Obama has no patience for:

- Smart people who succeed
- Hard working people who succeed
- Tough questions
- Effective Nov 6th – over half of the American People

Oh and one more thing – 225 yard par 3′s.

NeoDawg on July 25, 2012 at 2:43 PM

heh!

ted c on July 25, 2012 at 2:49 PM

He touted the story of Costco founder Jim Sinegal, host of the event

…He hosted a fund raiser for JugEars?…I love that store…but no more! I have to add that to my wife’s ‘list’…and the one I keep in my car…(since I can’t remember them all… a month later!)

KOOLAID2 on July 25, 2012 at 1:55 PM

That was exactly my reaction when I read this.

I am a Costco member, but after my membership expires, I will not renew. I’ll switch to BJs or Sams Club.

ARBY’s is on my sh1t list too. I will support Wendy’s instead.

UltimateBob on July 25, 2012 at 2:51 PM

As soon as you blame the federal government for demolishing the education system and promoting poverty through financial enslavement, then you can have kudos for private sector success there, Barky O’ThreePutt

Huckabye-Romney on July 25, 2012 at 2:51 PM

#ObamaDidThat Booze
#ObamaDidThat Pot
#ObamaDidThat Blow

ITguy on July 25, 2012 at 2:55 PM

There’s a reason why he hasn’t had a press conference in a long long time and has yet to answer any questions about his lawlessness over the last few months.

We all saw how upset he got when anybody dared to even try to ask a question.

Wagthatdog on July 25, 2012 at 2:56 PM

Salahuddin on July 25, 2012 at 1:56 PM

Using that logic, what about those millions who use the very same “government provided” infrastructure who are hopelessly trapped in poverty because of a government program designed decades and decades ago to eradicate poverty?

They all should be successful because of roads and bridges, right?

coldwarrior on July 25, 2012 at 2:56 PM

Is this the best argument that liberals have? Pretending that conservatives are against roads and bridges?

blink on July 25, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Δ

Yes, exactly, yes.

Yes, yes, yes.

Axe on July 25, 2012 at 2:56 PM

#ObamaDidThat Bow
#ObamaDidThat EatDog
#ObamaDidThat Breathylyzer
#ObamaDidThat 57 States
#ObamaDidThat $16,000,000,000,000 Debt

tom daschle concerned on July 25, 2012 at 2:57 PM

coldwarrior on July 25, 2012 at 2:30 PM

Knock yourself out Clooney and Buffett…

Wagthatdog on July 25, 2012 at 2:59 PM

…for frequent quoting of dumb thing he said

I suspect that while it may have been dumb, it was also the closest he has yet come to telling us the true intent and goal of his agenda. He just thought we are already all his yes men!

Don L on July 25, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Bmore on July 25, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Nope, I am a happy warrior :)

Salahuddin on July 25, 2012 at 3:04 PM

so taking obama at his word (yeah), his point was that parents, and family had a lot to do with a person’s success. uhhh, does that even need to be said?? who’se denying that???

my family was a part of my success, but that’s between them and me. paying “my fair share” in taxes because of their efforts isn’t a discussion i have ever had with my family, and i highly doubt anyone else has either.

if his point is that society’s infastructure was already in place for me to be successful, my arguement would be that that infastructure was paid for by people like me, not him or the government. today, my taxes (and the fees i pay vendors) goes towards those same roads, bridges, airports, police and fire; and i’m willing to bet i’m paying more for those services than most.

jetch on July 25, 2012 at 3:06 PM

That’s the thing about Obama. Time and again, he does things and says things that are un-American. Not evil. Not anti-American. Just un-American.

smellthecoffee on July 25, 2012 at 2:51 PM

Great quote, but I have to disagree with that last line.

I do believe he’s anti-American. His tactics are straight from the teachings of Cloward-Piven.

UltimateBob on July 25, 2012 at 3:08 PM

He sounds like a bitter clinger. And a baby.

“I did not say that.” Stamps foot and socks teleprompter.

LetsBfrank on July 25, 2012 at 2:11 PM

Hey, how dare you compare me to the SCOAMF!!

Bitter Clinger on July 25, 2012 at 2:20 PM

Apologies!! I should have differentiated between Bitter Clingers….you are the good kind of Bitter Clinger.

Guess I’m a bigot :-)

LetsBfrank on July 25, 2012 at 3:08 PM

=== translated ===

You’ll sweat your butts off trying to get around my maze of regulations, then you’ll rewarded with an ample supply of social justice oriented, er, communist penalties in the form of taxes, mandates, and anything else really really stupid I can think of to make your business a part of my extended fascist, communist government. That’s what you’ll get in my next 4 years. Oh, I forgot, you’ll get unemployment, food stamps, and welfare! When the unemployment runs out you’re perfectly welcome to come get some disability! Business? You have no business being in business!

Why aren’t you cheering?

Wolfmoon on July 25, 2012 at 3:09 PM

Successful people want to give back out of the excess from their own success. Obama wants to claim that excess as his own to divvy up as his government favors. Big difference.

dominigan on July 25, 2012 at 3:11 PM

I literally JUST got back from Costco, where I spent $65. So mad I could spit.

Naturally Curly on July 25, 2012 at 2:47 PM

Save the receipt?

CurtZHP on July 25, 2012 at 3:11 PM

blink on July 25, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Then tell the Republicans in Congress to pass the President’s Jobs Act bill to repair our crumbling bridges and roads and help send thousands of construction workers back to work. Would you?

Salahuddin on July 25, 2012 at 3:14 PM

Nope, I am a happy warrior :)

Salahuddin on July 25, 2012 at 3:04 PM

I don’t know bro, you seem sad. The little smile isn’t working for you.

Bmore on July 25, 2012 at 3:14 PM

“Let me clarify what I said. I celebrate success, but if you’re successful, regardless of how much risk, hard work, schooling and brains went into it, you need to give a much, much higher percentage of it to government to provide welfare for those that won’t work. That will make everybody successful!”

The left still believes in equal results, not equal opportunity. He’s basically saying that results are unequal, and the ones with better results need to give money to the ones with lesser.

Fact is, it’s the rich and business owners, when they can keep their money, that are most likely to invest in their neighbor, family member, friend that comes and asks for money to start their own business and on their own path to success.

PastorJon on July 25, 2012 at 3:16 PM

“Of course I want you to create as much wealth as possible…. So that you can give it to me, because I deserve it more than you do.”

logis on July 25, 2012 at 3:18 PM

Salahuddin on July 25, 2012 at 3:14 PM

Tell your president not to raise our taxes, would you?

kingsjester on July 25, 2012 at 3:18 PM

Salahuddin on July 25, 2012 at 3:14 PM

Might want to tell Harry Reid (D-NV) to allow the Senate to actually vote on over a dozen or so real jobs bills that have already cleared the House.

It isn’t the GOP holding these up.

coldwarrior on July 25, 2012 at 3:21 PM

What did they steal?

Axe on July 25, 2012 at 2:02 PM

Exactly! “Give back” sounds so much nicer than “have their money confiscated through taxation.”

Drained Brain on July 25, 2012 at 3:24 PM

Obozo isn’t used to being held accountable.

You can see how much it affects him when he is, and frankly, we all knew he is a Marxist well before this. I can only imagine how badly he would melt down if had really had to answer for so many other examples of his anti American beliefs.

KMC1 on July 25, 2012 at 3:29 PM

Say it ain’t so. How can business-types even consider rubbing shoulders with Obama? I suppose if he’s got his and has cashed out in the IPO, he can pursue whatever liberal agenda he wants. But could he have ever succeeded in an Obama economy?

BuckeyeSam on July 25, 2012 at 3:30 PM

blink on July 25, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Right after you tell me:
Who is government?
How did government come to be?
Who pays for government?

Hint: Read the beginning of the US Constitution: “We the people of the United States of American in order to form a more perfect union….”

katablog.com on July 25, 2012 at 3:30 PM

May I just borrow from DWS here for a moment, and suggest that Obama and Axlerod simply need to put on their big girl panties and quit whining?

Midas on July 25, 2012 at 3:32 PM