Get excited: The presidential debate schedule has arrived

posted at 6:41 pm on July 25, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

Huzzah! Er, sorry… but I’m pretty excited, anyway. Goodness knows there are times when watching political debates can be about as exciting as watching paint dry, and during this last round of Republican debates during the primaries there were a few moments of in-fighting that were positively cringe-worthy; but in general, I think this stuff is pretty fun. I mean, it’s not like this so-far indiscernibly close race is going to decide the fate of the free world, or anything… shudder. Well, maybe “fun” isn’t the right word, but worthy of getting fired up about, yes.

The Commission on Presidential Debates has decreed that the candidates will meet for three separate prime-time debates in October, for ninety minutes each, with the debates being moderated by one person each, that person TBD at a later date. Here’s the sched:

The first, which will focus on domestic policy, is set for Oct. 3 at the University of Denver in Denver, Colo., the city that hosted the 2008 Democratic convention. A second meeting in a town-hall format will take place Oct. 16 at Hofstra University in Hempstead, N.Y., and the final meeting, focusing on foreign policy, will be held Oct. 22 at Lynn University in Boca Raton, Fla.

The vice presidential contenders – incumbent Democrat Joe Biden and the not-yet-named GOP candidate–will debate only once, on Oct. 11 at Centre College in Danville, Ky., over domestic and foreign policy.

We’ve picked our champion, dammit, and he’s ours now, come hell or high water. The economy is the issue about which voters care most, and while I generally agree with most of Romney’s free-enterprise-related messaging (my heart has never been so warm as the time he proudly declared, “Corporations are people, my friend!”), his challenge is going to be relaying that message to effectively combat President Obama’s populist, intellectually cheap rhetoric. I have full faith that it can be done, but there’s only one way to find out — Bring. It. On.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Hemptstead is near NYC.

Key West Reader on July 25, 2012 at 7:22 PM
On Long Island

sharrukin on July 25, 2012 at 7:26 PM

Yes, I know it well. I grew up in Queens and my dad was a bus driver for the NYTA

Key West Reader on July 25, 2012 at 7:30 PM

I will be fun watching Robot Willard trying hard to connect with the average American and humanize himself but failing miserably :D

Salahuddin on July 25, 2012 at 7:22 PM

And I will be fun watching Obama stammer and uh, um, his way through his moronic answers without a teleprompter.

Night Owl on July 25, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Please oh please let Newt be coaching Mitt.

gophergirl on July 25, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Governor Romney, which TEA Party tactics and associations do you find most offensive?

/Georgina Stephanopolous

riddick on July 25, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Egg salad. :)

Axe on July 25, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Topics:
1. Female contraception
2. Caribbean investments
3. Diversity in America

slickwillie2001 on July 25, 2012 at 7:31 PM

I have full faith that it can be done, but there’s only one way to find out —

Bring. It. On.

I absolutely LOVE Erika’s passion and spirit.

As much as I appreciate the listless Allahpundit, I wish that he would, at least ONCE, display some of this kind of passion. What would it take to get Allahpundit visibly fired up?

bluegill on July 25, 2012 at 7:32 PM

7% must be on vacay

cmsinaz on July 25, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Might be with little 7% at a game or something. He’ll be around in time. It’s great adult fun. ; )

Bmore on July 25, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Salahuddin on July 25, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Yo Sally! Little Bammie is the least-American president in our history.

slickwillie2001 on July 25, 2012 at 7:33 PM

canopfor on July 25, 2012 at 7:26 PM

LOL –

Eric King
about 1 month ago
42 people like this reason

I’m signing so I don’t have to listen to Wolf Blitzer.

Axe on July 25, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Key West Reader on July 25, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Do you know if its Blue or Red? I know some areas of Long Island further east are somewhat conservative.

sharrukin on July 25, 2012 at 7:34 PM

“Governor Romney… it is a well established fact that Mormons sacrifice black people for fun and profit. Tell me… Will you put a halt to this practice if you are elected POTUS”?

/Chris Maffews, MissNBC

Key West Reader on July 25, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Stench.

Bmore on July 25, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Bmore on July 25, 2012 at 7:33 PM

oh yeah :)

cmsinaz on July 25, 2012 at 7:34 PM

TxAnn56 on July 25, 2012 at 7:27 PM

TxAnn56:Lol,I hope its taped!(snark):)

canopfor on July 25, 2012 at 7:34 PM

sharrukin on July 25, 2012 at 7:34 PM

When I grew up there, they were old party Dems. I went back after 9/11 and the entire population has changed. Put it this way…. I went by my old Church where I was confirmed and when I got out of the car I was promptly surrounded and told to “get out”.

It’s not my Dad’s dem party, that’s for sure. Solid third world commie territory. If you go upstate and west, it’s more moderate.

I’d like to know who chose these venues and if the GOP had any say.

Key West Reader on July 25, 2012 at 7:36 PM

I’m pumped up and look forward to victory!

bluegill on July 25, 2012 at 7:28 PM

LOL! Just wondering….although it would be cruel if the answer deflated your extremely perky countenance today.

Night Owl on July 25, 2012 at 7:37 PM

The debates are so close to election day, so good performance in those will set up peaking at the right time.

bayview on July 25, 2012 at 7:38 PM

You know, considering the certainty of having koolaid-drinking Moderators who are in control of the questions being asked, and considering all the questions (as we’ve seen here already today) that SHOULD be asked –

would it not be a good debate tactic for Romney to end all his answers with a very sharp-pointed question on the topic right back at Obama, which, in a live debate scenario would be impossible to ignore? It would certainly get under his skin to be questioned publicly this way.

Harbingeing on July 25, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Salahuddin on July 25, 2012 at 7:22 PM

You and everyone else. I understand it’s to be televised in all 57 states.

hawkdriver on July 25, 2012 at 7:39 PM

LOL –

Eric King
about 1 month ago
42 people like this reason

I’m signing so I don’t have to listen to Wolf Blitzer.

Axe on July 25, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Axe:

Oh man,Progressives eh,everything,is slanted towards
InEquality (In)Justice,in one form,or another.And some of
those comments are funny,haha!:)

canopfor on July 25, 2012 at 7:39 PM

B
do you mean that rotting fish smell??????……Wow, I think it’s gotten worse……..:(-

angrymike on July 25, 2012 at 7:41 PM

“Governor Romney, we all know that Mormons wear strange clothing and eat babies. Tell me… How many babies have you eaten?”

/Andrea Mitchell

Key West Reader on July 25, 2012 at 7:22 PM

OK, you owe me a new keyboard. I actually scared my new rescue kitty because I shrieked and guffawed when I read this.

My 18 year old cat passed away in March. I found this kitty on craig’s list and I just adore him. This little thing is a jumper and keeps me amused all day long while I work. It is also a purr machine.

So, between my new kitty, and MI being in play in November, I am having a very happy evening. :)

karenhasfreedom on July 25, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Salahuddin on July 25, 2012 at 7:22 PM

When you say ” average American”,what exactly do you mean ?

burrata on July 25, 2012 at 7:41 PM

What would it take to get Allahpundit visibly fired up?

bluegill on July 25, 2012 at 7:32 PM

I don’t know, maybe LGBT midget mud wrestling?

Harbingeing on July 25, 2012 at 7:42 PM

I’d like to know who chose these venues and if the GOP had any say.

Key West Reader on July 25, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Why would it surprise anyone that the GOP was on board with this? They always are their own worst enemy.

sharrukin on July 25, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Once again the GOP morons have agreed to a grossly rigged “debate” game. “Journalists” running things AND three leftist venues. MORONS.

rayra on July 25, 2012 at 7:43 PM

I understand it’s to be televised in all 57 states.

hawkdriver on July 25, 2012 at 7:39 PM

with close captioning in Austrian, for the viewers in Maldives

burrata on July 25, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Can’t wait to see who moderates. I expect some lefty, and the topics will no doubt then be 1) are Republicans all racist, or just mostly; 2) what kind of American rides horses, hides money in foreign bank accounts, doesn’t pay taxes for Tim Geithner and has a car elevator and; 3) is it racist to oppose handing over Israel to it’s rightful owners, Iran?

Truthfully, since I am already grimly determined to work as hard as I can to elect Republicans (even sort-of Republicans like the Mittster), these debates are just bumps in the road. I want to get right to election day asap. I can’t stand listening to Obama any more, anyway.

MTF on July 25, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Willard on debate stage: The lights are the right volume. :D

Salahuddin on July 25, 2012 at 7:44 PM

angrymike on July 25, 2012 at 7:41 PM

; )

Bmore on July 25, 2012 at 7:44 PM

“President Obama, how the hell did a lying, Marxist scum bag pull a fast one on so many people and actually become President of the United States?”

“Mr. Obama, when you look in the mirror each morning, do you get physically ill looking at the worthless, lying, leftist bum that is staring back at you?”

“Barack, your misses was well on her way to having the fattest ass on the planet.
When she had that thing lipo-ed, did you dispose of all that fat in an environmentally safe manner?”

justltl on July 25, 2012 at 7:45 PM

TxAnn56:Lol,I hope its taped!(snark):)

canopfor on July 25, 2012 at 7:34 PM

I’d live blog for you, but I have a dumb phone – no internet.

TxAnn56 on July 25, 2012 at 7:46 PM

hawkdriver on July 25, 2012 at 7:39 PM
with close captioning in Austrian, for the viewers in Maldives

burrata on July 25, 2012 at 7:43 PM

And naturally, all the Navy Corpsemen will be listening in to see how the government paved the way for everyone who, er, didn’t make anythiung but, erm, made everything, but with the government’s uh, help?

hawkdriver on July 25, 2012 at 7:46 PM

I know a moderator that would make heads explode, a panel of Sarah Palin Mark Levin and Rush Limbaugh

teeheee, /smirk

What would it take to get Allahpundit visibly fired up?

bluegill on July 25, 2012 at 7:32 PM

I dunno, bribe him with the latest Apple gadget gizmo?

karenhasfreedom on July 25, 2012 at 7:47 PM

bluegill on July 25, 2012 at 7:32 PM

…oh I don’t know!…Midol seems to do the trick for you…why don’t you share some?

KOOLAID2 on July 25, 2012 at 7:47 PM

You and everyone else. I understand it’s to be televised in all 57 states.

hawkdriver on July 25, 2012 at 7:39 PM

hawkdriver:Good One:)

canopfor on July 25, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Mitt was my least fav candidate during GOP primary season, but I had to admit after almost every debate he got my nod as the one who handled himself most Presidential. There are times though when I wish Newt would coach him up to toss out a few more red meat comments and stir up the MSM.

hillsoftx on July 25, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Willard on debate stage: The lights are the right volume. :D

Salahuddin on July 25, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Hussein on fire with his audience.

No way the plain ole Mitt Romney can repel fire of this magnitude.

hawkdriver on July 25, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Moderator: “Mr. President, how has talking to I’m a Dinner Jacket without preconditions gone so far?”

Moderator: “Mr. President, what will my taxes be if I can not afford health insurance for the next 5 years under Obamacare?”

Moderator: “Mr. President, who pays for roads and bridges? The Federal Government or the Individual Taxpayer and Tax paying Small Businesses?”

Varchild on July 25, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Oh Yeah…so excited to hear two liberals argue

dom89031 on July 25, 2012 at 7:50 PM

canopfor on July 25, 2012 at 7:34 PM

I’d live blog for you, but I have a dumb phone – no internet.

TxAnn56 on July 25, 2012 at 7:46 PM

TxAnn56:Tee-hee,nice come-back,btw,i’m not that techy savvy
either!:)

canopfor on July 25, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Mitt, watch this and be afraid, verrry afraid.

Hussein on fire on stage.

hawkdriver on July 25, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Hussein on fire with his audience.

No way the plain ole Mitt Romney can repel fire of this magnitude.

hawkdriver on July 25, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Hah! That is great

Key West Reader on July 25, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Tee-hee,nice come-back,btw,i’m not that techy savvy
either!:)

canopfor on July 25, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Ye of mission control isn’t that tech savvy? Can, you’re akin to the Great Oz behind the curtain.

TxAnn56 on July 25, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Watch this and then just concede the election to President Obama. Really. I’m not kidding.

hawkdriver on July 25, 2012 at 7:59 PM

As to whether Long Island is Blue or Red, it doesn’t really matter. The seats at the debate are only available through the CPD or through Hofstra University. I don’t know what criteria the CPD uses, but it does not appear that the tickets are available to the public which leads me to believe that most of the attendees whom they invite will be media types. The 250 tickets allocated to Hofstra are only being distributed to Hofstra students who will also be allowed to ask questions in this “town meeting” format, and who, I am guessing, will mostly stack up for Teh One.

Mariner44 on July 25, 2012 at 8:01 PM

sharrukin on July 25, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Conspiracy theory. They assume the right is sewn up — that doesn’t include the un-sew-able — and they are now going to troll for that mystical, crypto-zoological “independent swing voter.” And somehow, that means going into enemy territory in the abstract, and somehow, that means going on hostile venues.

I know. But –

Axe on July 25, 2012 at 8:01 PM

hawkdriver on July 25, 2012 at 7:46 PM

HAHA..and then Hussein will regale the fallen heroes sitting in the audience with stories of how his uncle liberated Auschwitz when a bomb fell on Pearl Harbor !

burrata on July 25, 2012 at 8:04 PM

This just in and a little OT. Palin and Demint will be in north Houston for a rally Friday evening for Cruz. Luckily, I work up there, so I can’t miss this conservative orgy. After Reagan, Demint is my most revered conservative.

TxAnn56 on July 25, 2012 at 7:27 PM

If my son didn’t have a baseball tourney game that night and if I weren’t coaching, I’d be there along side of you. I tried get Cruz to change the date a few weeks ago because of it, but he suggested to me that Palin’s and DeMint’s schedules were a “little” more important than mine. ;-)

Anyway, have big fun and give us a full report afterwards, even if OT. Thanks.

TXUS on July 25, 2012 at 8:04 PM

I know. But –

Axe on July 25, 2012 at 8:01 PM

So they throw away the home team advantage for mythical unicorns? Great.

sharrukin on July 25, 2012 at 8:05 PM

hawkdriver on July 25, 2012 at 7:46 PM

burrata on July 25, 2012 at 8:04 PM

All of you dead guys out there that received medical attention from corpsemen or para-legals, they didn’t train themselves, the government trained them.

Mitt, just stay home. President Obama cannot be matched in wit on a stage when he’s on a roll.

hawkdriver on July 25, 2012 at 8:12 PM

So they throw away the home team advantage for mythical unicorns? Great.

sharrukin on July 25, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Please note I buffered that with “conspiracy theory” — and I did not endorse that line of thinking. :) I wouldn’t put it past anyone though.

Axe on July 25, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Axe on July 25, 2012 at 8:12 PM

They do it all the time so I would call it much of a conspiracy.

sharrukin on July 25, 2012 at 8:14 PM

hawkdriver on July 25, 2012 at 7:59 PM

What if a lot of those gaffes are not really gaffes? Sort of like the “you didn’t build that” gaffe-that-wasn’t-a-gaffe?

Key West Reader on July 25, 2012 at 8:15 PM

If the moderators step aside, Romney will destroy 0.

Destroy Him.

For all of Barry’s vaunted oratory skills, everyone forgets the simple fact that he’s never faced a tough debater. Not in the Stae Senate, US Senate, and certainly not against McCain.

The only person that ever challenged Barry was Hillary, and she only lost because Dems wanted to some New Coke to drink.

Romney is a different breed. This is the real reason Team 0 has been pouring it on so heavily; they fear the optics of the debates.

The caveat is the moderators. We have to hawk the choices.

budfox on July 25, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Key West Reader on July 25, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Regular citizens are incapable of making gaffes without the help of the government.

hawkdriver on July 25, 2012 at 8:16 PM

I’d feel better if those moderators were “ET” to “Mickey Mouse”– persons of character.

Don L on July 25, 2012 at 8:22 PM

From Canopfor’s link: Obama speaking lie now!

Check out his face. Oh, my,.

Key West Reader on July 25, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Look, debates are media events. As such, they are always rigged for the democrat. Everyone knows this. It doesn’t bother me that Romney went along with these venues; it means he believes he has the better ideas. He will have an opportunity to have a trial by fire, and if he does well, the Incredible Shrinking barack will continue to shrink, fielding softball questions from a lap dog press that everyone watching will see as softball questions from a lapdog press. barack isn’t a candidate anymore, he’s the goddamn president of the United States. If he needs his butt boys to keep wiping his tender brow through a debate, he’ll just look weaker and weaker than he already does. This country is in deep sh*t. People don’t want to hear platitudes from their president. They want to hear just what in the hell he’s going to do in a second term that will be different from the first term which he royally screwed up. You want to be the Republican president-elect? Then you’ve got to win a debate against the democrat incumbent and his boot-licking press court jesters. Romney can do that. He has the better ideas for this country, and barack is an empty suit.

Rational Thought on July 25, 2012 at 8:25 PM

hawkdriver on July 25, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Regular citizens are capable of driving down the roads and bridges to serfdom!

Obama built that bridge

Key West Reader on July 25, 2012 at 8:27 PM

From Canopfor’s link: Obama speaking lie now!

Check out his face. Oh, my,.

Key West Reader on July 25, 2012 at 8:23 PM

OMG he is politicizing the violence at Aurora. O.M.G.

Key West Reader on July 25, 2012 at 8:28 PM

3? Seriously? In deep blue areas no less. Romney should make a deal, 3 more debates in red areas, townhall style but Barry can bring the teleprompter.

Zaggs on July 25, 2012 at 7:17 PM

I know Denver and Boca are lefty towns, not sure about Hempstead, NY, couldn’t even find it on a map for that matter.

Did Team Romney drop the ball here? I thought that the selection of debate locales was negotiated between the camps. No?

TXUS on July 25, 2012 at 7:21 PM

Having lived on LI all my life, about 20 minutes from Hempstead, I was really surprised by this venue. The immediate surrounding area is heavily black, with some Hispanic, but it is surrounded by some of the nicest and wealthiest areas i.e. Garden City and for those who read Nelson DeMille, The Gold Coast. I worked for a company that was heavily involved with Hofstra sports (and my beloved Jets used to practice their before moving tho NJ this year) and I can not figure out how they chose it. I get Boca and Denver, but NOT Hempstead. They could have done this at Columbia or NYU. I am puzzled for some reason.

FLconservative on July 25, 2012 at 8:28 PM

The caveat is the moderators. We have to hawk the choices.

budfox on July 25, 2012 at 8:15 PM

The network news goons who will be the moderators will be straining their guts out to deliver the “knockout blow” to Romney that they hope to brag about, write books about, and get interviewed about by their fellow network news scumbags for years and years.

Django on July 25, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Sure, but can Romney throw like this?

Bmore on July 25, 2012 at 8:32 PM

FLconservative on July 25, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Did you grow up in Queens Village or Jamaica Ave? Just curious.

Key West Reader on July 25, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Hofstra University hosted in 2008. It’s actually quite a coup for them to be hosting again. NY is a liberal state but that’s because the cities dominate. Romney will do well in the suburbs and upstate which will help in local elections.

monalisa on July 25, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Sure, but can Romney throw like this?

Bmore on July 25, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Key West Reader on July 25, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Get excited: The presidential debate schedule has arrived

Actually, I’d be very excited if I thought there was any chance an actual DEBATE has been scheduled; with a relevant resolved thesis, and one candidate taking the “pro” stance and the other taking the “con” stance….

But as for yet another endless and pointless string of retarded quiz show, dueling soundbite contests; with the “moderator” doing most of the arguing?

Could. Not. Possibly. Care. Less.

logis on July 25, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Django on July 25, 2012 at 8:29 PM

I’ve said for months, barack will have the questions in advance. Of course he will! There is no daylight between the MSM and the West Wing. None. And that’s just the way it is. Romney’s team ought to be able to figure out what those questions will be, ought to be able to plan for the inane questions about birth control and “diversity,” and Romney should be ready for it. If he isn’t, then shame on him. There is no point in whining about what simply is — the media is in the tank for barack and will try desperately to hand him a win at the debates. But his ideas are bad, his leadership has been hideous, his character is deeply, deeply flawed, and the voting public knows that the media is in the tank for barack. Give them some credit. They’ll see it and they’ll wonder why their PRESIDENT is so incompetent that he needs that kind of obvious advantage. There is a lot of material there for Romney to work with. I would like to see Fox News be given one debate, but I say so because they deserve it — they have more viewers than CNN has ever dreamed of, more than MS-DNC will ever, ever have, and that should be the factor. It probably won’t go that way, though. So what. Romney can beat them in their rigged game, and by doing so he gets an even bigger win.

Rational Thought on July 25, 2012 at 8:39 PM

Romney’s team needs to not only spend time on facts, but on humor and the best way to skewer Obama with it.

INC on July 25, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Very good advice. Let’s hope they take it.

tom on July 25, 2012 at 8:40 PM

President Obama cannot be matched in wit on a stage when he’s on a roll.

hawkdriver on July 25, 2012 at 8:12 PM

He is the miracle baby of civil right movement.
Remember, his parents were so inspired by the march of Selma AL that they conceived and gave birth to their son 4 years before that march !!!

burrata on July 25, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Key West Reader on July 25, 2012 at 8:34 PM

I didn’t say 0 throws like a girl. The poster of the clip did. ; )

Bmore on July 25, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Rational Thought on July 25, 2012 at 8:39 PM

You sure do live up to your screen name.

Thanks for posting that…. Really.

Key West Reader on July 25, 2012 at 8:45 PM

hawkdriver on July 25, 2012 at 8:12 PM

I look forward to his accent choice.

rogerb on July 25, 2012 at 8:52 PM

You sure do live up to your screen name.

Thanks for posting that…. Really.

Key West Reader on July 25, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Thank you. Very kind of you to take the time to say that.

Rational Thought on July 25, 2012 at 8:55 PM

First, he needs to become visible.

Bouncing Beatnik on July 25, 2012 at 8:58 PM

Did you grow up in Queens Village or Jamaica Ave? Just curious.

Key West Reader on July 25, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Hi, neither, more like Manhasset. You?

FLconservative on July 25, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Salahuddin on July 25, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Maybe they could move it to Somalia if someone complains.

kim roy on July 25, 2012 at 9:01 PM

burrata on July 25, 2012 at 8:44 PM

I know, I know. How can we hope to compete against these eternal truths handed down and supplied daily by the creater of all things himself?

President Obama is purity in it’s purest most pure sacred form.

hawkdriver on July 25, 2012 at 9:03 PM

hawkdriver on July 25, 2012 at 8:12 PM

I look forward to his accent choice.

rogerb on July 25, 2012 at 8:52 PM

He is all accents, all accents are him.

hawkdriver on July 25, 2012 at 9:05 PM

hawkdriver on July 25, 2012 at 9:05 PM

You’re on a roll! lol

Yeah, those accents drive me crazy.

His worst one is the one he uses for his class warfare pitches – a very strange hybrid of California Valley Girl and Chicago South Side street hustler….. just awful.

I hope Mitt can reduce him to that level during the debates so that he starts stammering and using the usual fillers, eh, eh, eh, eh, eh, eh, uh, uh, uh, uh, uh…… and finishing sentences as though they are questions.

Stocking up on some good Bourbon for the events. :)

Cody1991 on July 25, 2012 at 9:13 PM

Cody1991 on July 25, 2012 at 9:13 PM

Have to roll out though. Good to see a lot of the old commenters. Good to see Key West Reader back. :-)

hawkdriver on July 25, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Good to see Key West Reader back. :-)

hawkdriver on July 25, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Yes, it is!

We have to hang tough for the next few months. I’m sticking to my plan of speaking with people, asking for a commitment to get out to vote and make sure they find a few more people especially those who might be thinking of sitting this one out.

We simply have to get through this.

Cody1991 on July 25, 2012 at 9:25 PM

President Obama is purity in it’s purest most pure sacred form.

hawkdriver on July 25, 2012 at 9:03 PM

When Hussein gets ready to read form the teleprompter, they slip in a little boy with a fire extinguisher behind his podium .
By the time Hussein’s speech is done, the fire extinguisher is empty and his pants are OK !
:D

burrata on July 25, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Those debates will be the first time in his presidency that I will intentionally watch Obama speak.

Of course, I am not going to be able to do that without a drink in my hand and Obama is going to cause me to inhale drinks; so I’ll have to see if I can limit myself enough so I can remember who I think won.

cougar on July 25, 2012 at 9:34 PM

FWIW, this is the Assoc Professor of Poli Sci at Hofstra:

FLconservative on July 25, 2012 at 9:34 PM

When is this kind of crap gonna stop?

From Drudge; “Obama creating African-American education office”

UncleZeb on July 25, 2012 at 9:46 PM

You’re on a roll! lol

Yeah, those accents drive me crazy.

Stocking up on some good Bourbon for the events. :)

Cody1991 on July 25, 2012 at 9:13 PM

Will the debate commission allow little Bammie to use reverb on his mike?

slickwillie2001 on July 25, 2012 at 9:48 PM

After which every liberal media outlet will declare Obama the clear winner.

idalily on July 25, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Mitt’s a good debater and he will naturally come off as better informed than Obama, and having sounder ideas. I hope he sticks with that, and doesn’t try to get folksy or lob one-liners. That’s not his forte. Act like a leader, Mitt. Relax and do it your way. You can’t lose.

J.E. Dyer on July 25, 2012 at 10:08 PM

The same folks that asked Obama if it was boxers, or briefs are going to ask that? I don’t think so.

sharrukin on July 25, 2012 at 6:51 PM

This time it will be boxers OR poodles – right?

koaiko on July 25, 2012 at 10:15 PM

This time it will be boxers OR poodles – right?

koaiko on July 25, 2012 at 10:15 PM

I suspect not, though it would be hilarious.

sharrukin on July 25, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Let me guess: Rachel Maddow, Chris Mathews and Lawrence O’Donnel?

catmman on July 25, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Q for Gov Romney: Will you be going to Disney immediately after losing the election or later?

News2Use on July 25, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Q for Governor Romney: Will you be going to Disneyland immediately after losing the election, or will you simply buy it using your evil wealth?

Q for President Choom: Tell us about yourself. Lie as necessary. Composite as necessary. Use the term “I” as often as possible. Use the whole 90 minutes if need be. We’ll cut off whatshisnames microphone and the timer lights so you’re not interrupted. Slobber slobber.

The three moderators: Bill Maher, Keith Odorman, Van Jones.

MrKleenexMuscles on July 25, 2012 at 10:42 PM

October 22 is Detroit @ Chicago on MNF. They better move that last one …

TouchdownBuddha on July 25, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Foreign policy last and right before the election because “Obama Got Bin Laden!”.

farsighted on July 25, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Three colleges…cool…that means 2/3 of the audiences will be local lefty MushForBrains.

I’m shocked, shocked I say, that one of the debates will not be at Americans for Prosperity headquarters, moderated by Michelle Malkin.

eeyore on July 25, 2012 at 11:48 PM

The debate organization likes to go back to venues they know. So they will return this year to beautiful Centre College outside of Lexington Ky did the VP debate between Lieberman and Cheney. It has a good auditorium, plenty of room for the zillions of media folks to set up, places for parking vans, equipment etc. They like what they know. I don’t think they care about the red/blue thing. And the campaigns, the RNC and DNC have no input.

Ricki on July 26, 2012 at 6:11 AM

Harbingeing on July 25, 2012 at 7:39 PM

I like it. Would certainly unbalance the dork and get under his thin skin.

jan3 on July 26, 2012 at 7:32 AM