Quotes of the day

posted at 10:53 pm on July 24, 2012 by Allahpundit

The head of the House Democratic Caucus said Tuesday that Congress should “absolutely” ban the sale of assault weapons in the wake of last week’s fatal shooting rampage in Colorado.

Many Democratic leaders have been wary of making a full-throated push for such a ban since House Democrats were swept from the majority in 1994 – a bruising loss some observers have linked to the Democrats’ gun reforms earlier that year.

But Rep. John Larson (Conn.) said Tuesday that Congress shouldn’t shy away from the issue simply because it’s tough politically.

***

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) said Tuesday that he does not plan any action on gun control despite calls to pass an assault weapons ban and other measures…

“You guys, I am not going to be here with each of you debating gun control,” he said. “I’ve told you my feeling on that.”

Reid, who was thought to be in the running for an NRA endorsement during his last election, disagrees with many liberals in his party on gun regulation.

***

Even Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., — who was one of the biggest cheerleaders for the assault weapons ban when it passed the House in 1994 – suggested there is no political will for new gun laws or re-instating the assault weapons ban. Under the weapons ban, which lapsed in 2004. Under the ban, it would have been illegal for James Holmes to purchase the deadliest of the weapons he used: the AR-15 assault rifle…

House Democrats including Reps. Earl Blumenauer of Oregon and Carolyn McCarthy of New York, both long-time gun control advocates, point to the shooting in Colorado and other mass shootings as proof that the country’s gun laws are insufficient. Monday Blumenauer took to the floor to accuse the National Rifle Association of political bullying. He pointed to the shooting as a renewed opportunity “to deal with an epidemic of gun violence” in the United States.

“The NRA argues that all we need is for existing gun laws to be enforced while they systematically set about to dismantle which laws we have,” Blumenaue said. “I continue to feel that there’s no reason to permit armor-piercing, cop-killer bullets to be sold like Tic-tac’s, that automatic weapons should be available over the counter with 100-bullet magazines like killer in Colorado had, that facilitate such sprees.”

***

[G]un control advocates tell another story as well. The president has shied away from the gun debate, they said, out of political expedience. The Obama who spoke at that church rally isn’t the same politician who chose soft-touch responses to the mass shootings in Tucson, Ariz., and, most recently, in Aurora, Colo.

“There is no question he’s softened on the issue,” said Ed Rendell, the former Pennsylvania governor who focused on the unwillingness of Democrats to take on the gun lobby in his new book, “A Nation of Wusses.” “But in fairness to the president, you don’t see many other Democrats rushing to the floor saying we need to have legislation.”…

“He has been supportive of national policy until he took office,” said Dan Gross, president of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. “I don’t know how much it is the influence of the gun lobby directly, as it is the kind of political calculus. He had an agenda and this was not at the top of his agenda. He needed to create coalitions of support for things like health care and he didn’t want to risk fragmenting that support in any way.”

But as national incidents of gun violence flared with no major responses, groans have grown louder.

***

On his visit to Aurora, Barack Obama spoke a few half-hearted words—he might have wished he could venture more—on the topic. His rival, Mitt Romney, continued simply to pander to the rich coffers of the National Rifle Association. In Washington, you can be assured that hardly anyone will do more, and not simply because members of Congress “don’t have the spine to act,” the verdict of Rep. Carolyn McCarthy, whose husband was murdered and son was wounded in a gun attack on a commuter train 17 years ago. The stark reality is that the half-century battle for gun control has been lost politically—again, and again, now perhaps permanently. And that outcome seems impervious to any new outrage perpetrated in the increasingly grim randomness of America as a recurring, movable shooting gallery…

Aboard Air Force One, on a journey to console the victims and their families in Colorado, Obama’s press secretary said the president’s focus was on enforcing “existing law.” And you can’t expect him to launch a futile demand for tougher gun laws that would never pass the House or Senate. Nor should he pursue a course of faux courage that would represent a heedless disregard for everything else at stake in 2012—and that would sacrifice his chances in swing states like Ohio and Pennsylvania, thereby shattering the hope for a progressive presidency empowering the forces of reaction to impose their will across the board.

The psychic satisfaction of being pure on gun control is not worth losing the election—and letting Romney further pack a Supreme Court that has already ruled five to four that the Constitution confers an individual right to own firearms despite state and local gun laws. If this happened, things would only get worse.

***

These days, people are trying to use the Aurora killings as a pretext to criticize America’s gun culture or to call for stricter gun control laws. (This doesn’t happen after European or Asian spree killings.) Personally, I’ve supported tighter gun control laws. But it’s not clear that those laws improve public safety. Researchers reviewing the gun control literature for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, for example, were unable to show the laws are effective.

And gun control laws are probably even less germane in these cases. Rampage killers tend to be meticulous planners. If they can’t find an easy way to get a new gun, they’ll surely find a way to get one of the 200 million guns that already exist in this country. Or they’ll use a bomb or find another way.

Looking at guns, looking at video games — that’s starting from the wrong perspective. People who commit spree killings are usually suffering from severe mental disorders. The response, and the way to prevent future episodes, has to start with psychiatry, too.

***

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Michael Moore is a complete idiot and an a$$wipe.

Bmore on July 24, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Costco size.

arnold ziffel on July 25, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Then I’ll say a very quick Good Evening, Grace!

thatsafactjack on July 25, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Hi, Jackie! LOL, I know, I feel rushed as I’m typing each comment.
How was your day?

4Grace on July 25, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Sparkplug
Are you trying to say Oprah is FAT?… cause if you are …….your right on target………hehe

angrymike on July 25, 2012 at 12:58 AM

..5-10 MOA and dinner-pates groups come to mind. Those are mine because I am old and my Garand is not BZ’ed. Except the dinner plate in my case is the one the Jolly Green Giant uses.

:-S

The War Planner on July 25, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Night, mike. Try to stay cool!

4Grace on July 25, 2012 at 1:06 AM

4Grace on July 25, 2012 at 1:04 AM

It was very good, Grace, thanks for asking. How was your day?

thatsafactjack on July 25, 2012 at 1:06 AM

that automatic weapons should be available over the counter

And if you just confiscate all of them at put them on the island of Guam it will tip over.

chemman on July 25, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Schadenfreude on July 25, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Awesomeness! Two of my fave GNR songs tonight. The other was November Rain.

Thanks, Schad!

4Grace on July 25, 2012 at 1:09 AM

arnold ziffel on July 25, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Yay! Look who is back!!!

Cindy Munford on July 25, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Anti-gun fools should brush up on their nomenclature before spouting off, it’s embarrassing.

Bishop on July 24, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Exactly! People who are ignorant of the technical characteristics of firearms have no business opining on their regulation.

soundingboard on July 25, 2012 at 1:11 AM

I was born in the wagon of a travellin’ show
My mama used to dance for the money they’d throw

SparkPlug on July 25, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Bmore on July 24, 2012 at 11:13 PM

And even with three of them, sentence structure and syntax are atrocious!

soundingboard on July 25, 2012 at 1:15 AM

The news is always depressing for the most part, which is to say that it’s not always depressing. Occasionally there is some good news but that is rare. The most depressing part about the news is that its often made up and not even accurate.

SparkPlug on July 25, 2012 at 1:19 AM

SparkPlug on July 25, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Cher is plucking on my last nerve lately.

Cindy Munford on July 25, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Young Guns

thatsafactjack on July 25, 2012 at 1:19 AM

arnold ziffel on July 25, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Yay! Look who is back!!!

Cindy Munford on July 25, 2012 at 1:10 AM

You guys make me blush. :) I missed you all and wondered how things were going while I was going to Hogfest 2012.
Emmylou, the stray pup enjoyed running the beach at Brookings OR.

Quite the social butterfly. I guess we’ll have to keep her since she too skinny for market yet.

arnold ziffel on July 25, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Cindy Munford on July 25, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Good evening, Cindy. Second that. She’s a walking commercial for ‘this is your brain on drugs’.

thatsafactjack on July 25, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Cher is plucking on my last nerve lately.

Cindy Munford on July 25, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Put her out in the sun for twenty minutes and all that will be left is a pile of putty and mascara.

arnold ziffel on July 25, 2012 at 1:22 AM

arnold ziffel on July 25, 2012 at 1:22 AM

…and restalyn, botox , and silicone.

thatsafactjack on July 25, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Here’s my dinner pic tonight.

arnold ziffel on July 25, 2012 at 12:48 AM

So, you expecting uninvited guests? ;-)

AZfederalist on July 25, 2012 at 1:25 AM

arnold ziffel on July 25, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Pups are the best!

thatsafactjack on July 25, 2012 at 1:21 AM

I try to give octogenarians with boatloads of plastic pumped in their faces a break but she’s needs to tone it down. Boy, that was a nasty thing to say, I blame her.

Cindy Munford on July 25, 2012 at 1:27 AM

jrsrigmvr on July 25, 2012 at 1:28 AM

She Talks To Angels

thatsafactjack on July 25, 2012 at 1:29 AM

…and restalyn, botox , and silicone.

thatsafactjack on July 25, 2012 at 1:23 AM

No grey matter? She sure thinks she is brilliant. I so liked her ho performance on the battleship from years ago with her 14 year old son Elijah Allman.

arnold ziffel on July 25, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Vaseline Machine Gun-1) for waking up nude in a sleeping bag on the shore of the Atlantic surrounded by a volleyball game at high noon, and 2) for the end of the volleyball game.

novaculus on July 25, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Cindy Munford on July 25, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Cher’s been raving mad for years. No taste, no heart, no sense.

thatsafactjack on July 25, 2012 at 1:31 AM

arnold ziffel on July 25, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Cuz, you went to Hogfest 2012 without me???

Gohawgs on July 25, 2012 at 1:31 AM

So, you expecting uninvited guests? ;-)

AZfederalist on July 25, 2012 at 1:25 AM

They are my family. :) Nobody else likes me. OK, the dogs and sometimes the wife.

arnold ziffel on July 25, 2012 at 1:32 AM

jrsrigmvr on July 25, 2012 at 1:28 AM

VERY COOL! Beautiful.

thatsafactjack on July 25, 2012 at 1:34 AM

It was very good, Grace, thanks for asking. How was your day?

thatsafactjack on July 25, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Whew, was only offline for 20 minutes or so.

My day was good. Busy, but that’s not a bad thing.

4Grace on July 25, 2012 at 1:35 AM

Cuz, you went to Hogfest 2012 without me???

Gohawgs on July 25, 2012 at 1:31 AM

I had to leave on short notice. I probably could have used your help though on some issues I encountered.

arnold ziffel on July 25, 2012 at 1:36 AM

novaculus on July 25, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Kotke is killer.

thatsafactjack on July 25, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Watch My .38

novaculus on July 25, 2012 at 1:39 AM

4Grace on July 25, 2012 at 1:35 AM

Welcome back, Grace! I’m glad your day went well!

thatsafactjack on July 25, 2012 at 1:39 AM

novaculus on July 25, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Did they use you as the ref or a tee?

arnold ziffel on July 25, 2012 at 1:40 AM

arnold ziffel on July 25, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Not me. Kottke. That was from his liner notes.

novaculus on July 25, 2012 at 1:42 AM

arnold ziffel on July 25, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Hehe. I remember that battleship vid. Wow was she skanky!! That didn’t turn on my projector at all.

SparkPlug on July 25, 2012 at 1:43 AM

soundingboard on July 25, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Yes. That’s about right. If your opinion is misinformed and you megaphone it to the world (willfully in the case of liberals and firearms) then you SHOULD be held accountable for all the mayem that arises when some liberal politiciam capitalizes on your ignorance. After all, the NRA is responsible for ALL the mass shootings. Does it get the credit for the decreasing rate of violent crime DESPITE obozo’s economy????

Never met a liberal yet with intellectual honesty.

WryTrvllr on July 25, 2012 at 1:43 AM

thatsafactjack on July 25, 2012 at 1:31 AM

I guess a good singing voice is enough.

I love the sound of the slide on the guitar on this song.

Cindy Munford on July 25, 2012 at 1:44 AM

4Grace on July 25, 2012 at 1:35 AM

I called your ISP and told them to flip the third switch from the left and wipe all the Doritoes crumbs off the router.

Glad it worked and you are back so soon.

SparkPlug on July 25, 2012 at 1:45 AM

jrsrigmvr on July 25, 2012 at 1:28 AM

I haven’t heard that one. Very nice.

4Grace on July 25, 2012 at 1:46 AM

Or…was that sarcasm

WryTrvllr on July 25, 2012 at 1:46 AM

Obama’s campaign strategy is inadequate to maintain him in a serious action such as Mitt Romney and the Tea Party will put to him. He has corruption in the coop, hate on the hoof, taqiyya on the tongue and bats in the belfry — that’s his campaign strategy. He can probably maintain himself in the type of fighting Mitt Romney and the Tea Party will give him in Mexifornia and a few states on the North East front. After that it will make no difference how many thousands of dead he has voting for him early and often, and if Americans want America and the Presidency back, Mitt Romney and the Tea Party will give it to them.

VorDaj on July 25, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Speaking of Tech Tips I think I need a splurge protector. I spend to much on extraneous things.

SparkPlug on July 25, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Desperado

Nice video with this one.

thatsafactjack on July 25, 2012 at 1:48 AM

novaculus on July 25, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Suh-weet song.

4Grace on July 25, 2012 at 1:48 AM

SparkPlug on July 25, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Made me laugh! ME TOO!

thatsafactjack on July 25, 2012 at 1:49 AM

Glad it worked and you are back so soon.

SparkPlug on July 25, 2012 at 1:45 AM

I’m forever indebted, SP. (And yes, I did catch hell for the Dorito crumbs.)

4Grace on July 25, 2012 at 1:54 AM

4Grace on July 25, 2012 at 1:48 AM

Kottke is one of my all time faves. I was at one of his shows back in the ’70s, and he played most of the 6 and 12 String Guitar album, including VMG. About half way through he stopped dead; you could have heard a pin drop in the hall. He said, “Stopping in the middle of a song like this is like waking up in the middle of a wet dream and trying to go back to sleep and into the dream.”

Then he started playing again, right where he left off. The place went nuts. Great show.

novaculus on July 25, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Cindy Munford on July 25, 2012 at 1:44 AM

METALLICA…. Ms Munford! Excellent cover. Of course, I have to confess, pretty much love Seger!

thatsafactjack on July 25, 2012 at 1:56 AM

SparkPlug on July 25, 2012 at 1:47 AM

ROFL. When younger, I needed one of those. Nowadays, I’m the splurge protector.

4Grace on July 25, 2012 at 1:56 AM

SparkPlug on July 25, 2012 at 1:47 AM

You are really funny.

Night Owl on July 25, 2012 at 1:57 AM

thatsafactjack on July 25, 2012 at 1:48 AM

That was unexpected. I remember that Val Kilmer said “I’m your Huckleberry!” in that movie, I had never heard that expression before.

Cindy Munford on July 25, 2012 at 1:58 AM

In what certainly seems like four score and seven years ago, American voters, deceived by a man of a true nature most foul and his media propaganda ministers, brought forth, upon this Nation, a profoundly warped man, conceived who knows where for certain, who is dedicated to the proposition that all men are created weak and subservient to his every insane will and whim.

Now we are engaged in a great battle, testing whether this nation, or any nation so burdened, and so assaulted, can long endure. We are met here on a great internet battlefield, with compatriots in the Tea Party Freedom Movement rallies, compatriots on the radio waves and Spartan Warriors in the Great State of Arizona, of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of our lives in honor of our forefathers who dedicated their lives that this nation might live vigorous and free.
It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

It is for us, the living, to be dedicated to the restoration of freedom, liberty, rule of law, progress and sanity which our Founders so nobly brought about. It is for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us – that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they so long ago gave the full measure of devotion – that we here highly resolve that our Founding Fathers shall not have labored in vain; that this nation shall have a rebirth of freedom and responsibility; and that this government will once again be of the people, by the people, for the people, and that we will not allow abominations like Barack Hussein Obama, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid and their gang of quislings to cause it, and it’s shinning light, to perish from the Earth.

VorDaj on July 25, 2012 at 1:58 AM

thatsafactjack on July 25, 2012 at 1:56 AM

I really like the brass in the original, it makes it stand out but I have to say I really really like that slide effect. I will admit to my prejudice up front.

Cindy Munford on July 25, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Not me. Kottke. That was from his liner notes.

novaculus on July 25, 2012 at 1:42 AM

lol, But don’t you wish it had been you? Would have made a nice war story.

arnold ziffel on July 25, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Cindy Munford on July 25, 2012 at 1:58 AM

I admire a woman of principle! LOL!

thatsafactjack on July 25, 2012 at 2:04 AM

for u jack/jill
forgive me. on a floyd trip tonite and ironically jack & coke to quench my thirst
Fred

jrsrigmvr on July 25, 2012 at 2:05 AM

Didn’t I see Dire around earlier in the day?

Cindy Munford on July 25, 2012 at 2:06 AM

The School of Hard Marx is obviously Stalin the recovery. And what happens when China stops Lenin the big bucks ? End of the Obamateur Hour ?

RasThavas on July 25, 2012 at 2:06 AM

arnold ziffel on July 25, 2012 at 2:02 AM

I don’t know about that, arnold. The title suggests it might have been an embarrassing situation.

I’m a bit bummed out. Back in my dj days I had a whole set of stuff that had a gun theme, and all I can remember now is what I played and the Hendrix Machine Gun tune Bmore played earlier.

novaculus on July 25, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Don’t know if there’s a theme, but I’m in the mood to just play miscellaneous tunage.

You don’t know how it feels!

4Grace on July 25, 2012 at 2:07 AM

Thanks Night Owl.

There are many crazies among the night crew. Thats whats so fun.

Then when the sun rises the morning people just sweep up the mess are start back on the thread topic.

SparkPlug on July 25, 2012 at 2:08 AM

Didn’t I see Dire around earlier in the day?

Cindy Munford on July 25, 2012 at 2:06 AM

I believe he was here for a short while on QOTD.

4Grace on July 25, 2012 at 2:09 AM

VorDaj on July 25, 2012 at 1:58 AM

Wow.

RasThavas on July 25, 2012 at 2:06 AM

C’mon, you guys. Sipping whiskey here, and those required a couple of reads to get the full flavor.

novaculus on July 25, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Doesn’t it seem odd that Mr. Moore thinks he can rally the public for gun control, when the state where the incident happened has a 40% increase in gun purchases? I think he is being a tad unrealistic.

Cindy Munford on July 25, 2012 at 2:14 AM

Another random song. Just going with the flow.

4Grace on July 25, 2012 at 2:14 AM

Someone said Dire ran out if smiley faces, had to order more, and wasn’t going to post until his package arrived.

I think it’s coming UPS second day air so maybe tomorrow night he will be back. (: (: (:

SparkPlug on July 25, 2012 at 2:14 AM

jrsrigmvr on July 25, 2012 at 2:05 AM

Thank you. Its very cool. I like Floyd a lot, too. Is it ‘Fred’? I have it playing now.

thatsafactjack on July 25, 2012 at 2:14 AM

4Grace on July 25, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Is he back from his business trip?

Cindy Munford on July 25, 2012 at 2:15 AM

I’m sure this has been done already but I’m doing it again.

Cindy Munford on July 25, 2012 at 2:16 AM

SparkPlug on July 25, 2012 at 2:14 AM

Knock it off, Sparky! I can’t breathe.

4Grace on July 25, 2012 at 2:17 AM

4Grace on July 25, 2012 at 2:07 AM

Good one, Grace. Haven’t listened to that one in a while.

novaculus on July 25, 2012 at 2:17 AM

Cindy Munford on July 25, 2012 at 2:14 AM

Michael ‘Wild BORE’ Moore is often delusional. He says he supports the 99%…and then sues when he doesn’t think he get enough for one of his dreadful ‘films’ despite already having been paid an obscene amount for it. He has an estate on Torch Lake in Michigan that’s pretty much palatial. What a jerk.

thatsafactjack on July 25, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Is he back from his business trip?

Cindy Munford on July 25, 2012 at 2:15 AM

Yes, I believe so. Perhaps he was just exhausted. He’s usually one of the last to check out each night.

4Grace on July 25, 2012 at 2:19 AM

Hey Joe

novaculus on July 25, 2012 at 2:19 AM

jrsrigmvr on July 25, 2012 at 2:05 AM

That was great. Thanks again.

thatsafactjack on July 25, 2012 at 2:21 AM

thatsafactjack on July 25, 2012 at 2:14 AM

I’ll answer to most anything but Fred is what my mom calls me.
Have a jd & coke and listen to this one.
Gilmore is the best.
Fred

jrsrigmvr on July 25, 2012 at 2:22 AM

thatsafactjack on July 25, 2012 at 2:18 AM

You know, it’s hard to believe that he could be unaware of the irony. It’s kind of insulting that he believes he has much of an impact on people.

Cindy Munford on July 25, 2012 at 2:23 AM

This thread has become a smorgasbord of tunes! COOL!

thatsafactjack on July 25, 2012 at 2:23 AM

4Grace on July 25, 2012 at 2:19 AM

I haven’t been around all that much either and I don’t even know why.

Cindy Munford on July 25, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Novaculus: I owe you one from the other night.
Fred

jrsrigmvr on July 25, 2012 at 2:26 AM

novaculus on July 25, 2012 at 2:19 AM

LOVE that one!

Here’s a gun song!

Cindy Munford on July 25, 2012 at 2:26 AM

Cindy Munford on July 25, 2012 at 2:14 AM

Oh, don’t get me started on Moore. I’ve often wondered why so many celebs are not content to just have their political positions. No, they must share them with the world. My theory is that 1) the fine arts atmosphere is just liberal and often activist by nature (I used to be in it), 2) At the end of the day, I believe many of the actors are unfulfilled; they feel empty. Many use a “cause” to try and fill that void. It makes them feel as though they really matter. 3) And some are just pompous a$$holes that think they know better than anyone else.

Hypocrites abound. Try telling an A-list actor that he makes too much money, so from now on, he will earn the same fee per movie that his unknown co-stars make.

Sorry. Rant off.

4Grace on July 25, 2012 at 2:27 AM

Liberals suffer from an obsession with pretending they are great generals, political scientists, law enforcement geniuses, and greatly admired. And only they should have guns. To shoot(liberals never kill) all those that disagree.

pat on July 25, 2012 at 2:27 AM

jrsrigmvr on July 25, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Got it, Fred! Hope its the only ‘Sorrow’ you’ve got tonight.

thatsafactjack on July 25, 2012 at 2:28 AM

thatsafactjack on July 25, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Shortly he will be suing fork manufacturers for making his ass fat.

novaculus on July 25, 2012 at 2:28 AM

Hey Joe

novaculus on July 25, 2012 at 2:19 AM

I’ve always liked that song.

4Grace on July 25, 2012 at 2:29 AM

This thread has become a smorgasbord of tunes! COOL!

thatsafactjack on July 25, 2012 at 2:23 AM

I’m glad you’re good with smorgasbord, because I can never stay with one theme for too long. LOL. I haven’t event looked for one that matches the gun theme.

4Grace on July 25, 2012 at 2:32 AM

4Grace on July 25, 2012 at 2:27 AM

Grace! That was fantastic! Very astute assessment. Did you see the open letter that John Hurt released today directed at Warner brothers, Sean Penn, and Hollywood in general? He let them have it for that violence that created that monster, Holmes. TOO COOL.

thatsafactjack on July 25, 2012 at 2:32 AM

jrsrigmvr on July 25, 2012 at 2:26 AM

Ummmm, ok. I love the Allman Brothers, and that is a great tune. But I have no recollection what I may have done here in the wee hours to obligate you, or for that matter what I may have done period. #BecauseWhiskey

novaculus on July 25, 2012 at 2:33 AM

I haven’t been around all that much either and I don’t even know why.

Cindy Munford on July 25, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Are you still on your trip, or have you returned home?

4Grace on July 25, 2012 at 2:33 AM

4Grace on July 25, 2012 at 2:32 AM

Our friend, Fred, is burning down the house with Floyd!Excellent set!

thatsafactjack on July 25, 2012 at 2:34 AM

pat on July 25, 2012 at 2:27 AM

You are right Pat. Good observation.

SparkPlug on July 25, 2012 at 2:34 AM

4Grace on July 25, 2012 at 2:27 AM

I’ve always wondered why they have no hesitation insulting what has to be at least 50% of their possible viewing/listening/purchasing audience. And why do they think they are authorities on anything other than “entertaining”?

Cindy Munford on July 25, 2012 at 2:35 AM

jrsrigmvr on July 25, 2012 at 2:26 AM

Another one I haven’t heard in a long time. Nice.

4Grace on July 25, 2012 at 2:35 AM

jrsrigmvr on July 25, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Got it, Fred! Hope its the only ‘Sorrow’ you’ve got tonight.

thatsafactjack on July 25, 2012 at 2:28 AM

I just hope & pray I’m not drowning my sorrow in whiskey & coke on the morning of 11/7/2012

Throw the bums out
Fred

jrsrigmvr on July 25, 2012 at 2:36 AM

4Grace on July 25, 2012 at 2:33 AM

No, I’ll be here probably until the first of October. A couple of nights the puppies wanted to be in my lap. It’s hard to type like that.

Cindy Munford on July 25, 2012 at 2:36 AM

A very sad gun song.

Cindy Munford on July 25, 2012 at 2:39 AM

Yes, I see my spelling & grammar errors. It’s late, so I just don’t care to correct them. :)

4Grace on July 25, 2012 at 2:39 AM

jrsrigmvr, what did I play the other night you liked?

novaculus on July 25, 2012 at 2:40 AM