Quotes of the day

posted at 10:53 pm on July 24, 2012 by Allahpundit

The head of the House Democratic Caucus said Tuesday that Congress should “absolutely” ban the sale of assault weapons in the wake of last week’s fatal shooting rampage in Colorado.

Many Democratic leaders have been wary of making a full-throated push for such a ban since House Democrats were swept from the majority in 1994 – a bruising loss some observers have linked to the Democrats’ gun reforms earlier that year.

But Rep. John Larson (Conn.) said Tuesday that Congress shouldn’t shy away from the issue simply because it’s tough politically.

***

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) said Tuesday that he does not plan any action on gun control despite calls to pass an assault weapons ban and other measures…

“You guys, I am not going to be here with each of you debating gun control,” he said. “I’ve told you my feeling on that.”

Reid, who was thought to be in the running for an NRA endorsement during his last election, disagrees with many liberals in his party on gun regulation.

***

Even Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., — who was one of the biggest cheerleaders for the assault weapons ban when it passed the House in 1994 – suggested there is no political will for new gun laws or re-instating the assault weapons ban. Under the weapons ban, which lapsed in 2004. Under the ban, it would have been illegal for James Holmes to purchase the deadliest of the weapons he used: the AR-15 assault rifle…

House Democrats including Reps. Earl Blumenauer of Oregon and Carolyn McCarthy of New York, both long-time gun control advocates, point to the shooting in Colorado and other mass shootings as proof that the country’s gun laws are insufficient. Monday Blumenauer took to the floor to accuse the National Rifle Association of political bullying. He pointed to the shooting as a renewed opportunity “to deal with an epidemic of gun violence” in the United States.

“The NRA argues that all we need is for existing gun laws to be enforced while they systematically set about to dismantle which laws we have,” Blumenaue said. “I continue to feel that there’s no reason to permit armor-piercing, cop-killer bullets to be sold like Tic-tac’s, that automatic weapons should be available over the counter with 100-bullet magazines like killer in Colorado had, that facilitate such sprees.”

***

[G]un control advocates tell another story as well. The president has shied away from the gun debate, they said, out of political expedience. The Obama who spoke at that church rally isn’t the same politician who chose soft-touch responses to the mass shootings in Tucson, Ariz., and, most recently, in Aurora, Colo.

“There is no question he’s softened on the issue,” said Ed Rendell, the former Pennsylvania governor who focused on the unwillingness of Democrats to take on the gun lobby in his new book, “A Nation of Wusses.” “But in fairness to the president, you don’t see many other Democrats rushing to the floor saying we need to have legislation.”…

“He has been supportive of national policy until he took office,” said Dan Gross, president of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. “I don’t know how much it is the influence of the gun lobby directly, as it is the kind of political calculus. He had an agenda and this was not at the top of his agenda. He needed to create coalitions of support for things like health care and he didn’t want to risk fragmenting that support in any way.”

But as national incidents of gun violence flared with no major responses, groans have grown louder.

***

On his visit to Aurora, Barack Obama spoke a few half-hearted words—he might have wished he could venture more—on the topic. His rival, Mitt Romney, continued simply to pander to the rich coffers of the National Rifle Association. In Washington, you can be assured that hardly anyone will do more, and not simply because members of Congress “don’t have the spine to act,” the verdict of Rep. Carolyn McCarthy, whose husband was murdered and son was wounded in a gun attack on a commuter train 17 years ago. The stark reality is that the half-century battle for gun control has been lost politically—again, and again, now perhaps permanently. And that outcome seems impervious to any new outrage perpetrated in the increasingly grim randomness of America as a recurring, movable shooting gallery…

Aboard Air Force One, on a journey to console the victims and their families in Colorado, Obama’s press secretary said the president’s focus was on enforcing “existing law.” And you can’t expect him to launch a futile demand for tougher gun laws that would never pass the House or Senate. Nor should he pursue a course of faux courage that would represent a heedless disregard for everything else at stake in 2012—and that would sacrifice his chances in swing states like Ohio and Pennsylvania, thereby shattering the hope for a progressive presidency empowering the forces of reaction to impose their will across the board.

The psychic satisfaction of being pure on gun control is not worth losing the election—and letting Romney further pack a Supreme Court that has already ruled five to four that the Constitution confers an individual right to own firearms despite state and local gun laws. If this happened, things would only get worse.

***

These days, people are trying to use the Aurora killings as a pretext to criticize America’s gun culture or to call for stricter gun control laws. (This doesn’t happen after European or Asian spree killings.) Personally, I’ve supported tighter gun control laws. But it’s not clear that those laws improve public safety. Researchers reviewing the gun control literature for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, for example, were unable to show the laws are effective.

And gun control laws are probably even less germane in these cases. Rampage killers tend to be meticulous planners. If they can’t find an easy way to get a new gun, they’ll surely find a way to get one of the 200 million guns that already exist in this country. Or they’ll use a bomb or find another way.

Looking at guns, looking at video games — that’s starting from the wrong perspective. People who commit spree killings are usually suffering from severe mental disorders. The response, and the way to prevent future episodes, has to start with psychiatry, too.

***

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

novaculus on July 25, 2012 at 2:33 AM

Nova, I don’t know about Fred, but you played some tunes the other night, old Fleetwood Mac, Ten Years After, and Bill Frisell, that I hadn’t heard in a while… they reminded me of… well… things I hadn’t thought of in a long time. I really appreciated it.

thatsafactjack on July 25, 2012 at 2:41 AM

thatsafactjack on July 25, 2012 at 2:32 AM

No, I didn’t see it. Was it in a Trade Paper or L.A. Times or what?

I’ve always liked Hurt’s acting.

4Grace on July 25, 2012 at 2:41 AM

4Grace on July 25, 2012 at 2:39 AM

It’s late and we don’t see them.

Cindy Munford on July 25, 2012 at 2:41 AM

I think I’m going to call it a night. Sweet dreams everyone.

Cindy Munford on July 25, 2012 at 2:42 AM

novaculus on July 25, 2012 at 2:28 AM

I missed this earlier. You cracked me up!LOL!

thatsafactjack on July 25, 2012 at 2:43 AM

Cindy Munford on July 25, 2012 at 2:42 AM

Good night, Cindy. It was great to talk with you again and share a few tunes! Sleep well and pat the pups for me!

thatsafactjack on July 25, 2012 at 2:44 AM

thatsafactjack on July 25, 2012 at 2:41 AM

Well, that just makes me feel good. I used to dj at a student run radio station in college, and we had complete programming freedom. I loved seeing the phone light up when listeners liked what I was playing.

novaculus on July 25, 2012 at 2:45 AM

novaculus on July 25, 2012 at 2:40 AM

I too drink too much whiskey so I don’t recall the exact song but it was Allman Brothers therefore I knew you would like “Jessica”.
We were just doing a smorgasboard much like tonight.
Fred

jrsrigmvr on July 25, 2012 at 2:45 AM

4Grace on July 25, 2012 at 2:41 AM

give me a sec and I’ll look it up for you! Be right back!

thatsafactjack on July 25, 2012 at 2:45 AM

I’ve always wondered why they have no hesitation insulting what has to be at least 50% of their possible viewing/listening/purchasing audience. And why do they think they are authorities on anything other than “entertaining”?

Cindy Munford on July 25, 2012 at 2:35 AM

Again, just theorizing here, but many of them feel so “cultured.” They travel the world & meet very important people. They feel so learned that they must teach us poor ignorant masses what is really going on in the world.

I will tell you what I DO admire. Someone like Sandra Bullock. We probably don’t have the same philosophy, but I’ve never heard her get up on a soapbox. Yet, she always seems to be one of the first to give large amounts of money to people in need. She’ll send a mil to Haiti, or victims of Katrina, whatever. She doesn’t do a Sean Penn, though. BIG difference.

4Grace on July 25, 2012 at 2:48 AM

I think I’m going to call it a night. Sweet dreams everyone.

Cindy Munford on July 25, 2012 at 2:42 AM

Good night, Cindy. If you are still paying attention, here is something different. If you listen carefully, yo can hear the guns. That is Eric Garvatt on drums, I think.

Unknown Soldier

novaculus on July 25, 2012 at 2:48 AM

forgive me I just can’t help myself.
Fred

jrsrigmvr on July 25, 2012 at 2:49 AM

jrsrigmvr on July 25, 2012 at 2:45 AM

OK, Fred, that narrows it down some. I do seem to have partial recollection of that evening, er, early morning. Dreams I’ll Never See, maybe?

novaculus on July 25, 2012 at 2:50 AM

4Grace on July 25, 2012 at 2:41 AM

It was the Washington Times.

“HURT: An open letter to Christopher Nolan, Sean Penn, and Warner Brothers”

John Hurt was BRILLIANT! He went OFF on Hollywood, those named in particular, for the violence they’ve been pedaling and then having the gall to say it wasn’t their fault while thy counted their ‘blood money’! He laid it out!

thatsafactjack on July 25, 2012 at 2:50 AM

Night, Cindy. Nice to see you!

4Grace on July 25, 2012 at 2:52 AM

Hey Joe

novaculus on July 25, 2012 at 2:19 AM

I’ll see your Experience and raise you a Band of Gypsies

Kenosha Kid on July 25, 2012 at 2:53 AM

novaculus on July 25, 2012 at 2:45 AM

It surprised me how much it affected me, Nova. Thanks again.

That being said, I’ve been on a real Gary Moore kick the last few days.

thatsafactjack on July 25, 2012 at 2:55 AM

thatsafactjack on July 25, 2012 at 2:50 AM

Thanks for the scoop. I will read that letter. Finally some one had the guts to challenge the celebutards.

SparkPlug on July 25, 2012 at 2:55 AM

Unknown Soldier

novaculus on July 25, 2012 at 2:48 AM

Fooled me. I assumed this one.

4Grace on July 25, 2012 at 2:57 AM

novaculus on July 25, 2012 at 2:50 AM

Yes I do believe that was the night, & that was the song you played.
Sometimes it takes me several days to remember what I did yesterday.
Fred

jrsrigmvr on July 25, 2012 at 2:57 AM

4Grace on July 25, 2012 at 2:57 AM

I listened to that album earlier tonight. What an incredible collection of talents in that band.

novaculus on July 25, 2012 at 3:00 AM

thatsafactjack on July 25, 2012 at 2:50 AM

Thanks for checking on that. I’ll have to read that, for sure.

4Grace on July 25, 2012 at 3:00 AM

Sometimes it takes me several days to remember what I did yesterday.
Fred

Me too. And sometimes I wish I hadn’t remembered!

novaculus on July 25, 2012 at 3:01 AM

Ramblin’

jrsrigmvr on July 25, 2012 at 3:02 AM

Kenosha Kid on July 25, 2012 at 2:53 AM

The Band Of Gypsies version is my favorite.

novaculus on July 25, 2012 at 3:02 AM

SparkPlug on July 25, 2012 at 2:55 AM

Its 2 pages of John Hurt nailing them to the wall! I loved it. He’s absolutely right about the industry. He nails everyone from the actors to the producers and distribution companies.

thatsafactjack on July 25, 2012 at 3:03 AM

thatsafactjack on July 25, 2012 at 3:03 AM

Is he still active in film & Broadway productions? I haven’t heard much about him recently.

Elephant Man (movie version) is still one of my favorites. Visually, emotionally, acting performances, just a well-done film, IMHO. :)

4Grace on July 25, 2012 at 3:07 AM

Norway bans automatic weapons, and high powered hand guns, yet Anders Breivik was still able to able to slaughter 77 people last summer. Automatic weapons are 19th century technology, which can easily be produced using items found in your local Home Depot.

HarryBackside on July 25, 2012 at 3:13 AM

4Grace on July 25, 2012 at 3:07 AM

Yeah… he’s still working, he’s got one in post-production now, set to release in 2013, and he’s set to start filming a new one in 2013.

He’s a huge talent. He’s been working steadily, but hes’ careful about the scripts he accepts. If you go to his name and IMDB you’ll see a complete filmography there for him.

thatsafactjack on July 25, 2012 at 3:15 AM

I’d Love To Change The World

novaculus on July 25, 2012 at 3:17 AM

thatsafactjack on July 25, 2012 at 3:15 AM

Thanks! I have to be careful wit IMDB. I always wind up on a trip down the rabbit hole. lol

FYI: I found the article, but it’s actually written by Charles Hurt, not John Hurt. I believe Charles writes for them regularly.
It would have been even sweeter if it had been John Hurt.

4Grace on July 25, 2012 at 3:18 AM

Gary Moore

Can’t get enough of this.

thatsafactjack on July 25, 2012 at 3:19 AM

4Grace on July 25, 2012 at 3:18 AM

wit=with

4Grace on July 25, 2012 at 3:21 AM

4Grace on July 25, 2012 at 3:18 AM

Oh, my… I got so excited,too! Sorry about that. I was working when I noticed it and just read it quickly. Oh, well, no excuses… its still a great article!

thatsafactjack on July 25, 2012 at 3:21 AM

Someone posted a derisive comment about the QOTD turning into a jukebox by the end of the second page. Probably a Madonna fan.

novaculus on July 25, 2012 at 3:22 AM

I’d Love To Change The World

novaculus on July 25, 2012 at 3:17 AM

Most excellent, nova. I played that to death when it was a hit.

4Grace on July 25, 2012 at 3:23 AM

thatsafactjack on July 25, 2012 at 3:19 AM

As Grace would say, suh-weet!

novaculus on July 25, 2012 at 3:25 AM

novaculus on July 25, 2012 at 3:22 AM

Or Sherm’s sock puppet.

4Grace on July 25, 2012 at 3:25 AM

novaculus on July 25, 2012 at 3:22 AM

I saw that, too. No one said they have to hit the links. Probably a disgruntled troll!

thatsafactjack on July 25, 2012 at 3:25 AM

novaculus on July 25, 2012 at 3:25 AM

I’m glad you like it. His music really speaks to me.

thatsafactjack on July 25, 2012 at 3:26 AM

4Grace on July 25, 2012 at 3:23 AM

Those guys weren’t known for their lyrics, but that song has some interesting lyrics.

Everywhere is freaks and hairies
Dykes and fairies, tell me where is sanity
Tax the rich, feed the poor
Till there are no rich no more

I’d love to change the world
But I don’t know what to do
So I’ll leave it up to you

Population keeps on breeding
Nation bleeding, still more feeding economy
Life is funny, skies are sunny
Bees make honey, who needs money, monopoly

I’d love to change the world
But I don’t know what to do
So I’ll leave it up to you

World pollution, there’s no solution
Institution, electrocution
Just black and white, rich or poor
Them and us, stop the war

I’d love to change the world
But I don’t know what to do
So I’ll leave it up to you

novaculus on July 25, 2012 at 3:29 AM

Nova: remember these guys?

jrsrigmvr on July 25, 2012 at 3:32 AM

Saw this lady at the Greek in L.A. in the 80s. Smoky Robinson opened for her. Great concert.

4Grace on July 25, 2012 at 3:32 AM

4Grace on July 25, 2012 at 3:23 AM

Alvin Lee wasn’t known for writing lyrics, but the lyrics to that song ring familiar now forty years after.

I’d post them, but they won’t get past the filters.

novaculus on July 25, 2012 at 3:32 AM

“Try to ban the AK I got 10 of ‘em stashed with a case o’ hand grenades” ~Ice T

JimmyMack on July 25, 2012 at 3:34 AM

Well, as Elwood P. Dowd observed ‘… and the evening wore on….’

Its been a pleasure, as always, you guys! See you soon. Good night!

thatsafactjack on July 25, 2012 at 3:35 AM

jrsrigmvr on July 25, 2012 at 3:32 AM

Love it! My favorite would be this classic.

Or, anything off of Disraeli Gears.

4Grace on July 25, 2012 at 3:36 AM

jrsrigmvr on July 25, 2012 at 3:32 AM

Sure. Those were the days.

novaculus on July 25, 2012 at 3:37 AM

novaculus on July 25, 2012 at 3:32 AM

Funny you said that because I was thinking the EXACT same thing as I listened to it!

4Grace on July 25, 2012 at 3:38 AM

Night, Jackie.

4Grace on July 25, 2012 at 3:40 AM

SWLABR

novaculus on July 25, 2012 at 3:41 AM

G’night jackie

Asturias

novaculus on July 25, 2012 at 3:43 AM

Another classic.

4Grace on July 25, 2012 at 3:44 AM

4Grace on July 25, 2012 at 3:38 AM

We are dating ourselves, dear.

novaculus on July 25, 2012 at 3:44 AM

SWLABR

novaculus on July 25, 2012 at 3:41 AM

Good stuff.

4Grace on July 25, 2012 at 3:47 AM

We are dating ourselves, dear.

novaculus on July 25, 2012 at 3:44 AM

Haha. Too late. I outed myself as an oldie a mature woman a long time ago. :)

4Grace on July 25, 2012 at 3:48 AM

4Grace on July 25, 2012 at 3:48 AM

Yeah, the secret is out.

And so am I, I’m afraid. Lovely to visit with you again Grace. I’ll leave with one more tune from Ana.

novaculus on July 25, 2012 at 3:53 AM

One more before I head out. Winding down…

Night, nova and anyone else out there. Have a blessed Wednesday!

4Grace on July 25, 2012 at 3:54 AM

I’m sure it must have been mentioned somewhere here, but don’t forget Bill O’Reilly’s idiotic diatribe today. He came across as ill-informed and completely clueless. He was just flat wrong in some of the things he was saying.

tballard on July 25, 2012 at 3:55 AM

novaculus on July 25, 2012 at 3:53 AM

To clarify, the secret is out, and both of us are in the mature category.

This time for sure. G’night.

novaculus on July 25, 2012 at 3:58 AM

….have seen a picture of the assailant’s AR in the “Daily Mail” laying on the ground with a 30 round clip in it. This gun would have been no problem to buy even with the AWB in place. Even if this gun met the ban….all Holmes would have had to do was drop one of three features..collapsible stock…high capacity mag (which could have been bought separately)….. or suppressor(which could have been bought separately)….if bayonet lug is the other feature besides suppressor…..then fine…Holmes gun had no bayonet lug.
It is just plain bullsh!t to say Holmes could not have purchased an AR-15 with the AWB in place.

I personally bought these “assault rifles” during the ban:

Colt AR-15 .223 caliber.
Colt AR-15 7.62 x 39 caliber.
Rock River Arms AR-15 7.62 x 39 caliber.
Romanian AK-47 7.62 x 30 caliber.
Romanian Ak-47 7.62 x 39 caliber.
Bulgarian Ak-47 7.62 x 39 caliber.
Bulgarian Ak-47 7.62 x 39 caliber.

…since the ban lifted

Stag AR-15 6.8 caliber.
Alexander Arms Beowulf AR-15 .50 cal.

Bottom line:
…..I was able to get an assault rifle with the ban….and without the ban as long as I passed the background check and had the money.

…the only real difference I have seen in purchasing firearms period since the AWB was lifted is that the prices have gone sky high.

To top the whole thing off….not one of these “let’s ban guns” cheerleaders has shown any evidence what-so-ever that stricter gun laws actually reduce crime rates……as a matter of fact…..they increase them.

Absolutely stuck on stupid.

Baxter Greene on July 25, 2012 at 3:58 AM

Nova: ’til we meet again.
jack, 4grace,et al, God bless America.

Throw the bums out
Fred

jrsrigmvr on July 25, 2012 at 4:03 AM

tballard on July 25, 2012 at 3:55 AM

OK, you just had to post that, didn’t you?

O’Reilly doesn’t know anything about firearms or firearms law. Worse yet, what he thinks he knows is wrong.

He displayed all of his worst traits in that interview with Jason Chaffetz. Arrogance, ignorance, and the completely unjustified conviction of his own wisdom and righteousness.

Contemptible and nauseating.

And now, I am OUT.

novaculus on July 25, 2012 at 4:03 AM

Yes, heaven forbid a president appoint SC Justices who actually uphold the Constitution.

Flora Duh on July 25, 2012 at 6:10 AM

If psychiatry can’t help an Obama-sucking turd like you, Brooks, how can it possibly help the more violence-prone wack-jobs out there?

swinia sutki on July 25, 2012 at 6:16 AM

This is the heart and soul of Democrat political strategy. Hide what they really believe and only do what’s politically expedient. If they thought they could get away with it they’d ban guns in a heartbeat.

They have no principles beyond staying in power. This is the face of political corruption.

Cleombrotus on July 25, 2012 at 6:21 AM

Oh
My
Lord.

Morning Moaning Joe watchers. It is completely unwatchable today.
Schmoe Scarborough and Steven Schmidt (!!!!) moaning how AWFUL Mitt Romney is and how AWFUL the Republicans are. The big Valerie Jarrett push has begun.

Mika has the biggest grin on her face I’ve ever seen. Schmidt: “It’s been hijacked by Rush Limbaugh and his listeners, who are ALL over 65 by the way.”

Click. I’ll suffer through Doocey.

Marcus on July 25, 2012 at 6:28 AM

Click. I’ll suffer through Doocey.

Marcus on July 25, 2012 at 6:28 AM

Shows you how smart Steve Schmidt is. My husband listens to Rush and he’s only 62.

Flora Duh on July 25, 2012 at 6:30 AM

@earthquakesLA: A 3.7 magnitude earthquake 1.86 mi ESE of Marina del Rey, CA. http://t.co/VywylYHI Map: http://t.co/PIejwMY6

Flora Duh on July 25, 2012 at 6:35 AM

I’ve been listening to rush since I was 16.

tom daschle concerned on July 25, 2012 at 6:35 AM

rush is going downhill since he got married. he went all establishment yesterday, pushing mitt. saying he was going to win in a landslide over obama.

don’t listen to rush much these days. he’s so 2008.

renalin on July 25, 2012 at 6:43 AM

good morning HA crew

yeah, marcus, i turned it on to morning joe just flabbergasted that dear leader has a better rating than mitt on foreign policy….ummm joe, dude, it’s a SKEWED poll, geez!

cmsinaz on July 25, 2012 at 6:43 AM

Cleombrotus on July 25, 2012 at 6:21 AM

cmsinaz on July 25, 2012 at 6:44 AM

Click. I’ll suffer through Doocey.

Marcus on July 25, 2012 at 6:28 AM

can’t do it…

time to make the coffee…

cmsinaz on July 25, 2012 at 6:45 AM

O/T: My take on this classless Administration.

kingsjester on July 25, 2012 at 6:48 AM

kingsjester on July 25, 2012 at 6:48 AM

great take KJ

does not bring dignity to the office…

cmsinaz on July 25, 2012 at 6:53 AM

Flora Duh on July 25, 2012 at 6:51 AM

the palinization of gop donors

despicable…

cmsinaz on July 25, 2012 at 6:54 AM

renalin

Oh dear!

tom daschle concerned on July 25, 2012 at 6:56 AM

cmsinaz on July 25, 2012 at 6:53 AM

Thank you, ma’am!

kingsjester on July 25, 2012 at 6:57 AM

chuck todd coming up to tout his skewed polls…fawning once again for dear leader

cmsinaz on July 25, 2012 at 6:59 AM

todd admits his poll is democrat heavy…but still thinks dear leader is winning on message…

delusional

cmsinaz on July 25, 2012 at 7:08 AM

I just turned back – Schmidt, the Huff Poop idiot, Chris Silly-a, UpChuck Todd, Schmoe Scarbrough, Mika : you can sit through that? They’ve called out every idiot but Heilmann.

Look at those two McCain Campaign jerks, including the one who LEFT THE CAMPAIGN RATHER THAN GO NEGATIVE AGAINST THE PERSON THEY WERE RUNNING AGAINST!

Marcus on July 25, 2012 at 7:17 AM

morning joe crew did not like mitt’s speech yesterday, natch

cmsinaz on July 25, 2012 at 7:17 AM

O/T: My take on this classless Administration.

kingsjester on July 25, 2012 at 6:48 AM

But opposing Obama disrespects the office don’t you know, so we can’t go there. Oh, and its racist (reliable fallback position if all else fails).

swinia sutki on July 25, 2012 at 7:18 AM

Marcus on July 25, 2012 at 7:17 AM

i know

cmsinaz on July 25, 2012 at 7:19 AM

Flora Duh on July 25, 2012 at 6:30 AM

I listen to Rush, and I’m only 54.

Axlegrease up now on Morning Joe. Joe is kind of needling him, in a wussy kind of way.

Naturally Curly on July 25, 2012 at 7:27 AM

swinia sutki on July 25, 2012 at 7:18 AM

I don’t care.:)

kingsjester on July 25, 2012 at 7:29 AM

Naturally Curly on July 25, 2012 at 7:27 AM

hes lying about the you build it response ad…and NO ONE calling him out on it…

cmsinaz on July 25, 2012 at 7:29 AM

The autoplay video of Ted Baxter is most annoying. Grrr.

Naturally Curly on July 25, 2012 at 7:30 AM

Soooo embarrassed for O’Reilly last nite… you would think someone on his staff would take the three minutes required to Google up the distinction between automatic and semiautomatic weapons…

On a related note, anyone got a link for a site where I can order me up a bazooka? I don’t seem to have one in my safe…

PointnClick on July 25, 2012 at 7:36 AM

joe going after axelrod on the leaks…about dang time…

cmsinaz on July 25, 2012 at 7:36 AM

Why do we call these Constitution-hating traitors gun control advocates? It is as offensive as calling the pro-murder crowd pro-choice when the only option they care about is abortion.

These people don’t advocate for gun control or responsible gun ownership, they want to ban guns period. Let’s at least be honest about their intent.

Happy Nomad on July 25, 2012 at 7:37 AM

interesting to hear Scott Walker. thinks mitt should ditch the podium, get into the crowd with a mike. stir things up. goes on to say that just sitting back and letting the economy become the issue isn’t enough.

ouch!

renalin on July 25, 2012 at 7:51 AM

burton’s super pac ad on mitt and the oylmpics is pure awfulness…

cmsinaz on July 25, 2012 at 8:02 AM

Happy Nomad on July 25, 2012 at 7:37 AM

If there had been an armed citizen or two on that Long Island Railroad train, Carolyn McCarthy might have her husband and son with her today rather than having to visit them in a cemetary.

Naturally Curly on July 25, 2012 at 8:13 AM

Pointandclick
just get a .50 Cal, as good as a bazooka and goes farther…………

angrymike on July 25, 2012 at 9:24 AM

Haven’t read the comments, I confess, so don’t know if this has been pointed out yet. Holmes’ “assault weapon” jammed – he used a friggin SHOTGUN.

PJ Emeritus on July 25, 2012 at 11:21 AM