Obama campaign: Does Romney “even understand how our economy works?”

posted at 12:41 pm on July 24, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

Steel yourself — these three minutes of relentless condescension, smarmy incredulity, and stunning misinformation are not easy to sit through.

I hardly know where to begin. Ed already handily addressed the Obama campaign’s continued and hackneyed insistence that Mitt Romney is taking his “you didn’t build that” line “out of context” — and I’m rather inclined to agree with Mitt Romney that the context makes the president’s remarks decidedly worse. I’ve been mentally tracking Obama’s various iterations of “the government more or less invented the Internet” since I first noticed it popping up during his 2011 State of the Union address; it’s a small admission, but it’s a clear and loaded indicator about how he thinks individuals’ success and our country’s prosperity are a magnanimous gift from the federal government.

The other money line from Ms. Cutter, however, ran thusly: “Apart from the flagrant hypocrisy, these attack ads make you wonder: Does he even understand how our economy works? We build our businesses through hard work and initiative with public and private sectors working together to create a climate that helps us grow. President Obama knows that.” Wow. I can’t fathom why they’re so eager to invite such obvious counter-punches, but here it is — President Obama’s policies have been running this economy for well over three years, and it is still in shambles. In fact, practically every indicator is currently heralding the United States’ decline back into recession, and no amount of “headwinds” or “inherited problems” is going to help Obama save face on that one.

Americans are hurting, and despite all of the Obama campaign’s attacks against Romney’s business record, it’s getting less easy to convince them that Obama is an effective steward of the economy. These days, with all of our big-government rules and regulations, it feels like the private sector is more often fighting the public sector for survival than working with it, and President Obama’s solutions always seem to involve more government. As Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal has said, President Obama has never even run a lemonade stand — he had a comfy career in academia and limited time in the private sector before turning to community organizing and public office, and voters are more willing to trust Mitt Romney‘s experience on that score now that Obama has a record of mega-fail behind him. Nice try, though.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

These people lie so shamelessly and easy. Imagine how reprobate they really are. We cannot afford to give them a second term.

tom daschle concerned on July 24, 2012 at 3:15 PM

When are we going to stop taking what Leftists say literally? They are the vanguard of the proletariat, pathologically lying as they prod the sheeple toward Year Zero. They could just as well be singing “Oklahoma!” for all the rational sense it would make. Or be bashing in your windshield with a baseball bat while insisting they’re collision repair technicians.

ConservativeLA on July 24, 2012 at 3:22 PM

I’d go to the youtube sie & say horse#$#@ but they never post any of my negative comments.

poppieseeds on July 24, 2012 at 3:22 PM

I can’t follow her. Her delivery is so impassive and the content flits from one thing to another without really explaining the significance. As an informed person, if I force myself to make sense of what she’s saying, I can figure out why it’s supposed to be significant…but who is this supposed to appeal to?

I can’t be mad at this it is so inane. Her words and delivery are so disconnected, her snort after “he didn’t say that” and her constant grinning prevent me me from taking her seriously. Putting on my Independent hat, I come away with a sense that there is a mishmash of stuff, that maybe Romney is being somehow a little hypocritical though I don’t recall how, and that Obama still wants to do really good stuff for the economy. To Obama, I say: more like this and don’t let the door hit you on the way out!

Crispian on July 24, 2012 at 3:34 PM

Or, taken the other way, if Romney is so “conservative,” why did he not support Reagan during the Reagan years as he himself admits, or why did he vote for Paul Tsongas in ’92 as a registered Democrat, or why does the company that he founded fund Democrats as you yourself concede? Curiouser and curiouser.

casuist on July 24, 2012 at 2:34 PM

There you go assuming “facts” not in evidence, again.

1. I am not nor have I ever been a Republican.

2. Other than 1988…when I was growing up in London…and Lady Thatcher was in 10 Downing…and I was 10 years old, I am not nor have I ever been a Conservative.

3. I am not nor have I ever been a “fan-girl” of Mitt Romney’s. In fact, I have been vetting and exposing Mitt Romney — along with Newt Gingrich, Ron Paul, Rick Santorum, and others — on my blog for a very longer time.

I’ll see your Paul Tsongas and raise you:

Mitt Romney: Flip-Flopping Away, Flip-Flopping Away. You Know The Weaker Your Foundation, The More You’ll Be Flip-Flopping Away

M2RB: Paul Simon

Now, let me be perfectly clear, I didn’t go through the hassle of becoming an American citizen only to watch another Labourite-asshole like Barack Obama bankrupt my country, regulate and strangle the free market to death, and transform the countryty from one where the individual is emphasised to a government-centric society. If I wanted that, I would have just moved from Londonistan to Scotland or Wales where government spending accounts for around 75% of the economy, which is about as close as you can get without full-scale Sovietisation.

I’m a libertarian, but I will do whatever it takes to get Barack Obama out of the White House and, if you ever want to see abandon the Galt position that I took when Obama came into office, you had better hope that Romney wins. Until then:

FUND YOUR UTOPIA WITHOUT ME™

I can outlast Obama. Can you outlast more and more of people like me Going Galt? More importantly, can America survive 4 more years of Obama?

I have a fall-back plan and a parachute. Do you? Go ahead and reelect Obama. As they say, good luck with that, my dear chap!

Resist We Much on July 24, 2012 at 3:35 PM

Behind Stephanie Cutter’s pleasant smile, there is a snarky, nasty hard-bitten Lefty. Too bad, Stephanie, you’re on the wrong side of history and the truth.

TruthBeTold on July 24, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Pravda has more freedom.

WH cracks down on tweeting Biden’s inanities.

Schadenfreude on July 24, 2012 at 3:37 PM

So when does all this start to show up in Romney’s polling numbers. He’s getting killed in MI if the Rasmussen poll today is accurate.

gumbyandpokey on July 24, 2012 at 3:40 PM

Is it just my screen or is one of her eyes lower than the other?

CurtZHP on July 24, 2012 at 3:44 PM

I have a delima and need help. I can’t decide if these Liberal Socialists actually think we are STUPID enough to believe this propaganda or are they actually just STUPID and don’t know any better? Maybe the latter. Afterall “Stupid people don’t know their Stupid”. What’s worse, you can’t explain it to them either…

That’s it! It’s a conspiracy. The Ultra Libs want the dumbest population they can create in order to control them. Create as many Cutter’s as possible. i.e. Public Education, Welfare and Illegal Immigration (why not? Smart immigrants do it legal and get delayed by beauracracy. Idiots pay Coyotes and enter right away). The perfect way to steal a country…

EastTexBubba on July 24, 2012 at 3:45 PM

casuist on July 24, 2012 at 2:34 PM

So everything O’bama did 20 years ago is now fair game too? OK, that was the year he and Michelle had a Racist, America-Hating Minister join them in wedded bliss.

FYI, I knew Paul Tsongas. He was a “Democrat” 20 years ago but wouldn’t even be in the Democrat Party today had he lived.

And he was also a pro-business Democrat, something you’ll never be able to fathom.

F-

Del Dolemonte on July 24, 2012 at 3:53 PM

gumbyandpokey on July 24, 2012 at 3:40 PM

Your Mom just called-”Davey and Goliath” are on. She has your milk and cookies ready.

Del Dolemonte on July 24, 2012 at 3:55 PM

I just want to scream when I read these headlines, and the idiots who make them. What the heck (@#$$) does a community organizer know abouthe economy? Even after 4 years in office, golfing, vacationing, wifey vacations with huge entourage to Spain, flying a dog on vacation on a separate plane, over 100 fund raisers which take most of the day and he still doesn’t know a darn thing about the making the economy work or how businesses are created!
On the other hand there is straight shooter (oh dear I used that word) Romney who has run a business and helped other business to be successful.
EEEEEEEKKKKKSSS!!!!!!

Bambi on July 24, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Well, by that statement she proves without a shadow of a doubt she is willing to lie and say anything to further her agenda.

I wonder what this “Democrat Operative” knows .. What qualifies HER to make a statement such as she did..

It is plainly obvious that Obama hasn’t the foggiest how the economy works.. Funny how people that have never even run a lemonade stand think they know more about business than a man who has been involved in business and sucessful at the highest levels most of his adult life..

The Democrats are a pathetic bunch of liars..

RockyJ. on July 24, 2012 at 4:17 PM

She is the modern day Eva Braun.

Schadenfreude on July 24, 2012 at 4:20 PM

Talk about panic mode.

ahlaphus on July 24, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Schadenfreude on July 24, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Dude’s got dimentia and doesn’t know what he’s saying and crs (can’t remember sh!t). It’s pathetic that they let him go on. But apparently they think the tweets are like ridiculing old Joe and maybe they are. He needs to be retired for the country’s sake.

gracie on July 24, 2012 at 4:24 PM

She is the modern day Eva Braun.

Schadenfreude on July 24, 2012 at 4:20 PM

Please… all Eva Braun did was sleep with Adolf Hitler…

I would group Ms. Cutter in with Tokyo Rose or crossing the gender line, Lord Haw Haw…

Khun Joe on July 24, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Why is everyone of Obama’s close aides so damned creepy looking?

This Stephanie Gutter has a little bit of that Jared Loughner/James Holmes thing going on with her eyes and expressions.

OxyCon on July 24, 2012 at 4:32 PM

I am so very sorry for this clueless and desperate female, not a lady, but a zombie sheeple. I tried, I really tried listening for 3 minutes, but I just could not do it. Obama did say that exactly as Romney has claimed he said it. It is on tape and in video EXACTLY how Romney claims. You liberals that regret what he said are the ones distorting what he actually said by referring to another portion of the video.

j bo on July 24, 2012 at 4:34 PM

So everything O’bama did 20 years ago is now fair game too?

Well, duh. Yes! Yes, of course. Why wouldn’t that be the case? Why would I single out a man like Romney? There’s absolutely nothing special about him except for his long career as a statist, corporatist, as evidenced by his depressing record of mus-governance.

casuist on July 24, 2012 at 4:34 PM

Amatuer night at the Obama campaign.

bw222 on July 24, 2012 at 4:34 PM

She purses her lips any tighter and that jaw is gonna slip off.

GOD I HATE SMUGASSED DUMBASSED ARROGANT LIBERALS. Liar. Sam Kinison used to say have a line in his comedy routine, something about “knowing why mr. Hand turns into Mr. Fist”

Scoreboard44 on July 24, 2012 at 4:34 PM

How much does Obama really know about running a business or a country? There is a new book out and you can purchase it at the post Office for just the price of a stamp, afterall it is printed on the back of a postage stamp, that is how little he knows.

j bo on July 24, 2012 at 4:36 PM

I’m a libertarian, but I will do whatever it takes to get Barack Obama out of the White House and, if you ever want to see [me] abandon the Galt position that I took when Obama came into office, you had better hope that Romney wins.

I should care what you do why, precisely? That would be between you and your conscience. You’re a strange sort of “libertarian” if you want me to somehow take responsibility for your position.

casuist on July 24, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Dude’s got dementia and doesn’t know what he’s saying and crs (can’t remember sh!t). It’s pathetic that they let him go on.

Biden’s not demented, he’s just impossibly stupid.

eyedoc on July 24, 2012 at 4:37 PM

He taxes for small businesses 18 times

She’s been sniffing butt cheeks too long.

banzaibob on July 24, 2012 at 4:37 PM

He cut taxes for small businesses 18 times
She’s been sniffing butt cheeks too long.

banzaibob on July 24, 2012 at 4:37 PM

banzaibob on July 24, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Obama thought the office the office of the president was so easy and he could play golf and go on vacation and fly all over on AF-1 and make speeches and dictate everything and assume he is likable by everyone and charming etc. Well there are a lot of likeable people out there, there are a lot of charming people out there and there are a lot of people that do not take the office of president as a joke. I certainly hope one of them drop kicks your a$$ out of there soon.

j bo on July 24, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Obama campaign: Does Romney “even understand how our economy works?”

It’s kinda like Gomer Pyle asking “Does Stephen Hawking even understand how physics works?”

Scrappy on July 24, 2012 at 4:45 PM

em

She is the modern day Eva Braun.

Schadenfreude on July 24, 2012 at 4:20 PM

The handle gives you too much authority to be questioned on that one Schadenfreude. Couldn’t have picked a better one to use it on either.

onomo on July 24, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Romney needs to start countering these videos. Let’s be honest about the appeal to the target market: white males between 18 and 35 (internet users). The video has apparently gone “viral,” however one defines that since different definitions apply across the net, because you have a relatively cute blonde woman who smiles and preens for the camera and explains how the evil Romney is lying about our President and how he “guts” companies rather than help them.

Of course, the bullet points she listed in favor of the President are throw aways – for example, Pell Grants? Really? Even the Washington Post is decrying the amount of debt students are getting into to go to school. Pell Grants are a drop in the bucket and this is what she offers as evidence of the President’s support of small business?

Yet, this is not what is important. The pretty woman nodding at me and telling me Romney is evil is what is important. I’m not trying to be sexist – if anything the ad is blantantly sexist because it is using the pretty blonde to explain things to us. Put Axelrod up there to say the exact same things and I’ll bet you the video doesn’t go viral. The Obama campaign knows this and that’s why sweet Ms. Cutter is giving us a lecture about something she knows nothing about. Ms. Cutter went to Smith, then straight to law school at Georgetown and then straight into politics, no stopping. She has never started a business, owned a business, run a business, employed anyone, hired anyone, (my guess is) fired anyone, or paid anyone a dime. Like most of the Obama administration, she is and always will be a government employee (or political or “non-profit,” which is the same thing.

Romney needs to get a truely intelligent, but attractive (because we have to play by these stupid rules) business woman out there who can explain why Ms. Cutter and the President are just dead wrong. Until he starts playing hardball, 21st Century style, he is going to lose this race.

studentofhistory on July 24, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Isn’t this the same chick that got into a heap of trouble a couple of weeks ago for calling Romney a felon? I would have assumed she was fired then. If this is the best the Obama campaign can hire this is going to be a landslide victory for Romney in November. I guess you have to be stupid to say any of this with a straight face like you believe it.

Ellis on July 24, 2012 at 4:54 PM

She looks like one of those big wind up dolls that never blink, have a blank expression, smile, and speak with a computer monotone. I’ll never understand them and the way they think.

Kissmygrits on July 24, 2012 at 4:57 PM

Ok class, first thing to remember about marxist—They Lie!

bgibbs1000 on July 24, 2012 at 4:59 PM

She needs designer tire pressure gauge ear-rings.

profitsbeard on July 24, 2012 at 5:02 PM

casuist on July 24, 2012 at 4:37 PM

You should care because I am a 34 year-old woman with a JD from an Ivy League law school, who used to pay a lot of Federal income taxes. Since Obama has been POTUS, I’ve been on strike and avoid Uncle Sam on Tax Day.

I have never taken a penny from the government nor will I. I can outlast Obama by simply living off of principal and arranging my affairs to avoid funding his utopian idiocy. In fact, this is exactly what I have done.

I am one of many and belong to an ever-growing network of people, who have gone dropped out and are on capital strikes. As our numbers grow, what happens to your tax bill, my dear?

Exactly. Like I said, I can outlast Obama. Can you?

PS: I don’t ask you to take responsibility for me at all nor will I ever. In the same vein, if Obama is reelected, I don’t want to hear your belly-aching over the next 4 years as your taxes increase and liberties decrease.

XOXO

Resist We Much on July 24, 2012 at 5:05 PM

Ah yes, the celebrated “public-private partnership”. Also known as “We’re from the government, and we’re here to pick the winners and losers.”

RINO in Name Only on July 24, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Well, duh.

casuist on July 24, 2012 at 4:34 PM

Well Articulated!

I notice you were afraid to address my comments about Paul Tsongas. I’m shocked.

Del Dolemonte on July 24, 2012 at 5:09 PM

I suspect any viewer who isn’t already well versed in Cutter’s topic will walk away scratching their heads. Too much information packed into too short a video, with her talking too fast for a listener to process what she’s saying. Amateur effort.

Dee2008 on July 24, 2012 at 5:11 PM

She has such lovely blonde hair; I wonder how she manages to dye the roots black? Oh, well, what she says may seem vague but in reality is a lot of liberal hooey.

ghostwalker1 on July 24, 2012 at 5:21 PM

Dee2008 on July 24, 2012 at 5:11 PM

Again, I don’t think the particulars of what she is saying are important. Look at the bullet points she gives – their idiotic. She could have talked about the particulars of the stimulus, or the crowdfunding act, or any of the other irrelevant but great-sounding efforts of this administration. Instead, they chose education, small business tax cuts (which everyone knows are offset by the tax increases elsewhere) and infrastructure. Even college graduates stuck at home with their parents, jobless, don’t care about Pell Grants. The formula is: relatively pretty woman + somewhat smart talking economic banter = viral.

studentofhistory on July 24, 2012 at 5:22 PM

The irony coming from Osquanderer’s campaign is excruciating. I think Romney should use Overspender’s overspending in a campaign commercial as an example of his underwhelming knowledge of Econ 101: don’t spend more than you take in or you go Baroke. The campaigner-in-chief’s fundraiding stops now outnumber his golf dates something like 109 to 101, and counting, on both.

stukinIL4now on July 24, 2012 at 5:30 PM

Del Dolemonte on July 24, 2012 at 5:09 PM

There’s nothing shocking about causist. His attempt to equate Romney with Obama is completely predictable.

Do I approve of everything that Romney has ever done? Not even close, but I know that he doesn’t hate the free market.

Many Americans focus on Obama’s government-centric and advocacy for government dependency and — rightfully — point out that he is instilling a sense of entitlement and a lack of desire to pursue success in younger generations. Too many, however, miss the other side of the coin, which is just as critical. The United States needs people my age to be incentivised to become as successful as possible. It needs this to survive.

The more Obama demonises success and initiative, the more people say, “Why even bother? All I’m going to get in return is a bunch of obscenities thrown my way by smelling OWS kids that believe I should pay off their $100,000 debt that they incurred majoring in LGBT studies with a minor in Puppetry.”

The demographics in the US over the last 4 decades, especially, are why SS/Medicare are bankrupt. When the first SS cheque was mailed out to Ida May Fuller in 1940, there were 159.4 workers paying for her. In 2010, there were a mere 1.75 workers paying for each SS recipient.

America cannot afford more people like me to Go Galt and more will, as they did during the atrocious 13 years of Labour, if Obama is reelected.

Resist We Much on July 24, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Resist We Much on July 24, 2012 at 5:05 PM

Movie due out in Oct. Perfect timing :)

Schadenfreude on July 24, 2012 at 5:33 PM

I don’t know what foul Chicago sewer they fished this creature out of, but she’s the same one who was shouting “felon” over the last few weeks.

MJBrutus on July 24, 2012 at 5:35 PM

casuist on July 24, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Heh, you’re not very bright, and as a consequence not very discerning.

Schadenfreude on July 24, 2012 at 5:37 PM

A bubble-headed bimbo for Obama

Sic humpbot on her !

Order him to be merciless !! :D

BigSven on July 24, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Khun Joe on July 24, 2012 at 4:30 PM

I will/can agree with you, on your examples. But all Cutter does is do Obama too.

Schadenfreude on July 24, 2012 at 5:40 PM

This would be hilarious of it wasn’t so sickeningly serious and if so many Americans did not buy it.

Team Obama lives in a different reality, a socialist fantasy world. A parallel relaity in which a guy, Obama, who has never had a real job in the private sector, who has never run even a lemonade stand, can claim he knows more about how a free market economy runs than a man, Romney, who built a very successful investment firm that saved many failing companies and that helped establish and build several very successful new companies.

Team Obama lives in a socialist fantasy world in which Romney did not really build Bain or help build companies like Staples. Those enterprises are simply a by product of government.

Even the Commies running China understand how a free market economy works better than Obama does.

farsighted on July 24, 2012 at 6:19 PM

How do you tell a Romney supporter from an Obama supporter?

Romney supporters sign their checks on the front.

Obama supporters sign their checks on the back.

Schadenfreude on July 24, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Hmmmm…….for a moment I thought she was talking about Barry.

GarandFan on July 24, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Two new poll questions.

How many independent voters think Romney does not know how the US economy works?

How many independent voters think Obama does not know how the US economy works?

farsighted on July 24, 2012 at 6:33 PM

Does Obama understand what work is?

farsighted on July 24, 2012 at 6:46 PM

There is a grace about conservative women. They’re just beautiful. They glow with a warmth and confidence that is attractive.

beatcanvas on July 24, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Mitchel Milkin is the fugliest dude I’ve ever seen on TV.

Salahuddin on July 24, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Does Obama understand what work is?

farsighted on July 24, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Does Mittens?

Pragmatic on July 24, 2012 at 6:48 PM

I hope they have this…b***h on all the time , all through the campaign…little snot…not likeable either…good….keep her on.
That being said, I would like to know just when she sold her soul…IF she ever had one..

Xango Annie on July 24, 2012 at 6:51 PM

How do you tell a Romney supporter from an Obama supporter?

Romney supporters sign their checks on the front.[Obama supporters sign their checks on the back.
Schadenfreude on July 24, 2012 at 6:26 PM

are you engaging in class warfare? …it certainly sounds like it! Take off your Mittens and put on your boxing gloves….Americans need a fighter who can and will fight! but most importantly…America needs conservatives in charge for a change!

Pragmatic on July 24, 2012 at 6:51 PM

I believe that this is the idiot who started the “felon” meme.

Personally, I think the Romney campaign should sue her on libel/slander charges. I know he’s a “public figure” and a candidate, but even for them, there is a line where negative speech becomes legally actionable, and I’d think that crossed it.

If nothing else watching the Dems try to backtrack would be entertaining, and if they didn’t back down and “apologize”, the discovery could be … enlightening.

LibraryGryffon on July 24, 2012 at 6:51 PM

If there is ever an argument for putting women in full burqa coverings she is exhibit A. Look at those evil, condescending, lying eyes. You can see phony fraud written all over her crooked brows. What a dastardly and stunningly ugly smug woman she is.

TheAudacityofNOPE on July 24, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Why is everyone of Obama’s close aides so damned creepy looking?

OxyCon on July 24, 2012 at 4:32 PM

This is a soul issue… looks like they are going cheap these days.

MrMoe on July 24, 2012 at 6:57 PM

I’d love to be a fly on the wall in the Obama campaign strategy meetings…
“Hey, I’ve got an idea! Instead of Cutter calling Romney a Felon, let’s have her challenge his knowledge
of “Free Market Capitalism” and call him out on how he doesn’t understand “the Obama Economy”!!! Hell! WE don’t even understand the “Obama Economy” so how the hell can Mitt!!!!!”

WINNING!!!!!!

Strike Hornet on July 24, 2012 at 7:14 PM

It’s obvious this stupid Broad was brain-washed! You know how Democrats are brain-washed? They are given an enema!! Of course, I am giving her credit for having a brain, small as it may be. Libtards don’t have brains! They are told what to do by the chief Mutant in Wash DC and they follow like Zombies! Let’s get rid of this abomination in November!!!

Jersey Dan on July 24, 2012 at 7:34 PM

jersey Dan thats a plan man

MrMoe on July 24, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Stephanie Cutter is the perfect person to lecture Mitt Romney on understanding how the economy works. Why (like Obama), she’s had tons of experience in that realm!/

Buy Danish on July 24, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Stephanie Cutter has replaced DWS as being the most clueless Democrat in America. And I thought that would be impossible to do.

milcus on July 24, 2012 at 1:21 PM

Actually, it’s a Battle Royale cage match to determine the champ!

socalcon on July 24, 2012 at 7:58 PM

A question for His Excellency:

If it was the ‘free enterprise system that has benefitted entrepenuers’ to which you were referring, is that the same America that you were promising to fundamentally change?

socalcon on July 24, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Cutter’s mouth make a skewed shape as she speaks… wonder what that’s from?

socalcon on July 24, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Considering the ratio of workers to those on SS disability is 16 to 1, I doubt Barry knows how the economy works. Or more people would have jobs instead of going on disability when the unemployment ran out. Good news – the number of people on disability went up by about 20,000 so far this month.

This woman has no soul and no reflection in the mirror.

Philly on July 24, 2012 at 8:32 PM

If you are in your forties and fifties and you are still hiding your grades from college, I have a problem with you.

steveracer on July 24, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Well, Obama has no clue what is going on with the economy at all. Got that, Ms. Cutter…..

chai on July 24, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Does Obama understand what work is?

farsighted on July 24, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Does Mittens?

Pragmatic on July 24, 2012 at 6:48 PM

LOLOLOLOLOLOL
Gasp … Gulp…. Gasp
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Wow, reading a lot of giggles on HA today… LOLOLOL.

pambi on July 24, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Obama campaign: Does Romney “even understand how our economy works?”

They may be right. Long-Legged Mack Daddy and his gang seem to know exactly where and how to cripple it most effectively.

Dr. ZhivBlago on July 24, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Your honor, that b1tch is crazy.

rayra on July 24, 2012 at 10:18 PM

But this is the whole point, innit?

Republicans, moreso conservatives, do understand how the economy works. However, liberals, moreso progressives, have a completely different understanding view of how the economy works. That view is at best idealized and at worst divorced from reality.

We conservatives win independents when we can show that to all points on the intellectual spectrum, from hard-working 8th grade drop-outs who can balance their personal budgets to the left coast scientist whose PhD required hard data and not merely chalkboard dogma.

321mdl on July 25, 2012 at 12:16 AM

If you check her wiki, you see she was a spokesman, for a hedge fund, JC Flowers, founded by a former Morgan partner, which tried
and failed, at acquiring sallie Mae, Northern Rock, et al.

narciso on July 25, 2012 at 12:28 AM

At least this lady is more photogenic than DWS: still couldn’t make it all the way thru clip, tho’.

Sherman1864 on July 25, 2012 at 8:04 AM

The cute little “poodle” should know that Romney has more business experience in his little finger than Obama would ever have, and that is the reason the voters have lost patience with President Obama. He had his chance, now we will give Romney his chance to turn things around.

Amazingoly on July 25, 2012 at 8:05 AM

“…the public and private sector, working together…” Gee, that sounds an awful lot like “…you didn’t build that by yourself…” Nice try, Stephanie.

LizardLips on July 25, 2012 at 2:41 PM

I’m not convinced Romney does understand how our economy works — at the macro level.

But I know who really doesn’t have a clue!

tom on July 25, 2012 at 7:51 PM