Friendly reminder from Obama: This is a choice election, not a referendum on my performance; Update: New Obama ad responds to “you didn’t build that” criticism

posted at 6:01 pm on July 24, 2012 by Allahpundit

He’s right, it is a choice election. First choice: Eight percent unemployment and catastrophic deficits. Second choice: Something different from that. Monty, I’ll stick with what’s behind door number two.

I learned two important things here. First, the cause of our current “mess” was apparently a “top-down approach” to wealth creation, not the widespread, hugely irresponsible practice of banks making subprime loans to homeowners who couldn’t afford their mortgages. See Guy Benson for more on that. Second, as Guy also notes, Obama’s obviously starting to worry about what all the anti-Bain nastiness is doing to his image as the Lightbringer. (With good reason.) This spot is solidly upbeat, a shot of Hopenchange sweetness vintage 2008 straight from O’s lips while Axelrod and crew prepare the next sh*t-pelting of Romney. It’s always been Bambi’s M.O. to stay “above the fray” while his surrogates do his dirty work, but this year the contrast is unusually stark. BuzzFeed:

The attacks have accused Romney of possibly committing a “felony” (Stephanie Cutter, head of Obama’s communications team); behaving like a “Bond villain in the next James Bond film” (Patrick Gaspard, executive director of the DNC) to suggesting, repeatedly, that there’s something untoward about the way he does his taxes (“he’s taken advantage of every single conceivable tax shelter and loophole that we can see,” per senior campaign advisor David Axelrod).

The bombardment is intended to associate Romney with the Wall Street banksters who drove the economy into the ground. “You can see in the numbers for his character traits that there’s been some damage to him,” claims a senior Obama official. “On the top-line question — on, you know, who would do better on the economy—he’s had some real damage done to him. He used to beat us on that in double digits. And now, you know, in the latest poll, we lead.” According to The Hill, a poll by the Purple Strategies firm found that recent revelations about Romney’s finances made four out of every ten voters think of the ex-governor less favorably than they had before…

Obama’s rhetoric about rejecting “say-anything, do-anything divise politics” are at odds with a strategy that relies on calling his opponent a crook, but this kind of thing is nothing new for campaign honcho Axelrod. “Axelrod’s strategy is always to run unopposed, literally if possible,” says a Democratic insider in Chicago. “He wants to take the opponent out—there’s a long tradition in Illinois of trying to force your opponent off the ballot—and if that doesn’t work, literally, then do whatever needs to be done to destroy him figuratively.”

Romney’s had some real damage done to him on the economy from the Bain attacks? Here’s the hard data, posted just this afternoon, from the Gallup poll I blogged yesterday:

Remember, as Sean Trende pointed out yesterday, despite O’s best efforts to farm the nastiness against Romney out to his associates, he risks losing his huge — and I think important — edge in likability if the public starts thinking of him less in terms of Hopenchange and more as a win-at-all-costs bruiser. That’s what this ad is designed to correct, I suspect: They’ve probably gotten all they can get from the Bain stuff at the moment, so it’s time to go positive and give O lots of face time on camera to personalize his candidacy. That’s been a noticeable hole in Romney’s own pitch thus far; I think it’s part of the reason why that attack ad mocking him for singing “America the Beautiful” is evidently pretty effective. It’s easy to make him look hollow when he hasn’t spent much time fleshing himself out. Expect more ads like this, with The One holding quasi-intimate face-to-face conversations with the viewer, over the next few weeks.

Oh, and before you ask: Yes, this was filmed inside the White House.

Update: Annnnd, right on cue, here’s another face-to-face spot, this time responding to the “you didn’t build that” criticism. Am I right in thinking that O never felt obliged to do a spot like this, clarifying his own comments, back in 2008? He gave his speech on race to try to defuse the Rev. Wright uproar, but he never did an ad directly answering an attack that I can recall, not even after his immortal “bitter-clinger” comments at that lefty fundraiser. Typically the playbook when a pol says something damaging is to let it lie and not extend its media shelf life with a new commercial that dredges it up again in the course of rebutting it. He must be awfully nervous about how “you didn’t build that” is playing with that middle class he claims to care so much about if he feels obliged to do this.

Exit question: O says here that his point in the original “you didn’t build that” comments was that America needs to “stand behind” its small business owners. Is that right? Go re-read what he said in Roanoke. Sure sounded at the time like he was telling them that they owe us, not that we owe them.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

I was/am.

Mitt is impressing me. He’s earned my support.

gophergirl on July 24, 2012 at 7:27 PM

..God bless you too, ma’am. Schadenfreude and i are gonna do everything we can to make him live up to his promises after he gets elected; we’re gonna work our tails off for this. You are more than welcome at the barricades with us, if you wish, ma’am!

The fight’s just begun!

The War Planner on July 24, 2012 at 7:32 PM

cmsinaz on July 24, 2012 at 7:27 PM

I see where you and the “morning crew” have been cleaning up the QOTD thread nicely!..:)

PS..Don’t know if I have told you this but I agree with you about Fox & Friends..It just doesn’t do it for me either!.Again I love to go back and catch up with the “morning crew”..You all do a good job!..:):)

Dire Straits on July 24, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Oh no, whatever makes you sleep at night…the latest Quinnipiac poll should give you nightmares. ..it puts obama at 46% and romney at 46%, so basically dead heat…with the guy leading the Q institute saying that usually it’s the republicans who win when an incumbent shows this bad polling at this time in the election campaign process, and with the big disapproval rate on 0′s job on the economy…

jimver on July 24, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Which is why NBC is swooping in with its D +11 poll tonight. Must. Save. barack.

Too late.

Rational Thought on July 24, 2012 at 7:33 PM

What I wouldn’t give to see Obama’s internal poll that prompted this idiotic add. It must be soaked in urine.

Chuck Schick on July 24, 2012 at 7:34 PM

It will be D +25 by early October.

artist on July 24, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Now, for two centuries, we’ve made these investments — not as Democrats or Republicans, but as Americans who understand what it takes to give our people and our businesses the best possible chance at success.

BHO

/There it is. Again.

We The People are nothing without the government.

Key West Reader on July 24, 2012 at 7:34 PM

D+11? Now you know why Microsoft ended its partnership with NBC.

kingsjester on July 24, 2012 at 7:35 PM

The War Planner on July 24, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Hear!..Hear!..:)
PS..Good to see you!..:)

Dire Straits on July 24, 2012 at 7:35 PM

“I’m Barrack Obama and I think you are stupid” What a lying SOB

PrincipleStand on July 24, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Dire Straits on July 24, 2012 at 7:33 PM

stop by anytime

cmsinaz on July 24, 2012 at 7:36 PM

As much as I dislike Obama, this is the kind of ad Romney needs to put out. He needs to stare in the camera and introduce himself and tell his side of things. Its a good ad from Obama on style. The substance of course is wrong. But Romney needs to learn from this type of ad. Say hello to America Mitt. Or else this creep will cement his definition of you!

Robb on July 24, 2012 at 7:36 PM

kingsjester on July 24, 2012 at 7:35 PM

oh yeah….

cmsinaz on July 24, 2012 at 7:36 PM

ACK they just played the America the Beautiful ad on A&E. Couldn’t change the channel fast enough.

gophergirl on July 24, 2012 at 7:37 PM

“I am not a Witch”
~Barak Obama

Strike Hornet on July 24, 2012 at 7:38 PM

RE: Obama’s “Always” ad

He’s saying EXACTLY THE SAME MARXIST CR*P, just sweetened with the lies of a serial spouse abuser (Gee, honey, I *promise* that was the last time.).

I mean, REALLY: “We’re all in this together.” THAT’S *IT*?!?

If Romney doesn’t ride this issue out to the election, he deserves to lose.

Czar of Defenestration on July 24, 2012 at 7:39 PM

..God keep you and your mates safe and out of harm’s way! Come back to us safe and cast that vote AGAINST socialist tyranny on these shores, old son!

Prayers for you each day!

The War Planner on July 24, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Thanks War…and to Dire Straits as well for the kudo’s.

Yes, Gopher Girl the fridge is stocked with Diet Pepsi as well…one of my favorites.

Well, I have to head to bed now. We had a little “entertainment” earlier with some booms around us but we’ll continue to schwack them while we are working on a better Afghan engagement.

Good nite.

g2825m on July 24, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Vaunted rugged individualist barak Obama fights the smears

Lmfao!

tom daschle concerned on July 24, 2012 at 7:41 PM

g2825m on July 24, 2012 at 7:40 PM

take care G

cmsinaz on July 24, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Hear!..Hear!..:)
PS..Good to see you!..:)

Dire Straits on July 24, 2012 at 7:35 PM

..very good to see you back here, Mark. Missed your and “Lord BMore’s” “hosting” of the QOTD. Hope all is well!

The War Planner on July 24, 2012 at 7:42 PM

I believe it is already decided and Obama’s Roanoke comments will only solidify his demise even amongst “smart, hard-working” Democrats. I am still sticking by my projections of Romney by 5-7% win.

g2825m on July 24, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Yep, couple that with his ‘spread the wealth’ moment from the 2008 campaign and he just summed up his philosophy, encapsulated in 2 memorable Freudian slips… But the ‘you didn’t build is going to actually sink his ship….that was pretty much his ‘malaise speech..errr moment that will go down in history….his/he’s history :)…

jimver on July 24, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Oh, and PS: FU-

Del Dolemonte on July 24, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Tweaked.

hillsoftx on July 24, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Surrrrreeee!

Uppereastside on July 24, 2012 at 7:06 PM

It’s “suuuuuuure!” You make yourself sound like a refugee from a Rogers and Hammerstein musical.

de rigueur on July 24, 2012 at 7:43 PM

So I posted the first paragraph of Romney’s VFW speech as my facebook status. First response I got was from a liberal friend agreeing with every word it said.

Hee hee!

gophergirl on July 24, 2012 at 7:43 PM

take care G

cmsinaz on July 24, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Will do…from a fellow Arizonan.

g2825m on July 24, 2012 at 7:43 PM

‘you didn’t build that’ that is.”..

jimver on July 24, 2012 at 7:44 PM

g2825m on July 24, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Good night, God Bless and BE SAFE!

gophergirl on July 24, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Yep, couple that with his ‘spread the wealth’ moment from the 2008 campaign…

jimver on July 24, 2012 at 7:42 PM

not to mention thirdly, “the private sector is doing just fine”….rope meet noose…and he still has 3+ mos. to further strangle himself…

hillsoftx on July 24, 2012 at 7:45 PM

g2825m on July 24, 2012 at 7:43 PM

excellent

cmsinaz on July 24, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Oh, and PS: FU-

Del Dolemonte on July 24, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Tweaked.

hillsoftx on July 24, 2012 at 7:43 PM

OKay, I was getting ready ot sign off and saw this…hahahhaha

Thanks for the laugh before I hit the rack.

g2825m on July 24, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Hint at the meme coming from the MSM (Time):

According to the Census Bureau, Nevada’s population grew 35% between 2000 and 2010; Latinos, who now comprise more than a quarter of the state’s population and break Democratic, accounted for nearly half that growth.

Let’s see, the blacks haven’t figured out the Progressives need them state-dependent; howsabout the Latinos?

socalcon on July 24, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Good night, God Bless and BE SAFE!

gophergirl on July 24, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Thanks, GG. You, too…keep slaying the Obama dragon and DWS also…I guess that is the same isn’t it? haha

g2825m on July 24, 2012 at 7:47 PM

He needs to stare in the camera…

Robb on July 24, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Apparently staring slightly above or to the right of the camera polls well, too.

rogerb on July 24, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Good Night g2825m, Sleep Easy.

Bmore on July 24, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Todd Schnitt, a radio talker in Tampa, has a great song out to the tune of We Built This City On Rock and Roll but the lyrics are changed to We Built This Business but Barack Says No. He uses Prezzy Splice and Dice’s own bites in the track. Hilarious.

Kissmygrits on July 24, 2012 at 7:48 PM

so sick of this lying fraud….the sound of his patronizing voice, his dumb, jug-eared-learing-mug dripping with fake simcerity.

While watching him implode is indeed a pleasure…I Cannot wait for November to be rid of this skinny little @ss-d*uche-in-a-suit.

Tim_CA on July 24, 2012 at 7:48 PM

YOU LIE!!!!!!

saltydogg14 on July 24, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Yep, couple that with his ‘spread the wealth’ moment from the 2008 campaign…

jimver on July 24, 2012 at 7:42 PM

hillsoftx on July 24, 2012 at 7:45 PM

My bad, I forgot that one,yeah, we have a trifecta of ‘memorable’ moments/slipsof the tongue that will sink him….

jimver on July 24, 2012 at 7:49 PM

that ['you didn't build that'] with his ‘spread the wealth’ moment from the 2008 campaign and he just summed up his philosophy, encapsulated in 2 memorable Freudian slips

Finding the ‘truth’ in O’JugEars’ oratory is like fishing through a turd-pile for that kernel of corn.

socalcon on July 24, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Huck Fim. he is a friggen joke. He said what he said , no one in America created their own business.

ColdWarrior57 on July 24, 2012 at 7:51 PM

The comments at the ABC news link above (about the commercial being filmed in the WH) are currently running 23-0 ANTI-Obama. And that’s the ABC site. He may be going down a lot harder than anyone thinks.

baldylox on July 24, 2012 at 7:51 PM

What next ‘my wife is your wife’ too?’ :)
jimver on July 24, 2012 at 7:04 PM

After the last four years I wouldn’t put it past BHO to try his luck with jus primae noctis on the down low.

Difficultas_Est_Imperium on July 24, 2012 at 7:51 PM

de rigueur on July 24, 2012 at 7:43 PM

I thought he was making a disparaging cat call to Cindy. I probably over-reacted, but nothing should shock me anymore I suppose.

Key West Reader on July 24, 2012 at 7:51 PM

The War Planner on July 24, 2012 at 7:42 PM

All is well!..:)

PS..Bmore and you fine folks kept the QOTD thread sails full of good wind!!..:)

Dire Straits on July 24, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Oh, poor obama, having to grovel. Just think what this is doing to his ego. Love it.

Barred on July 24, 2012 at 7:58 PM

What next ‘my wife is your wife’ too?’ :)
jimver on July 24, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Difficultas_Est_Imperium on July 24, 2012 at 7:51 PM

As the AFGP and judging by a series of other indicators I think he will probably want to inaugurate that practice with gay couples….

jimver on July 24, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Barred on July 24, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Love it too. But nothing will be as sweet as the concession speech followed up by the perp walk across the lawn and into the helicopter for the flight home to Chicago. $10 says Michelle gives him the silent treatment during the entire flight. Or slaps him silly. Either way, I’m good.

sherry on July 24, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Good Lord!

I live in a swing state. I just saw the first ad on TV followed by a Romney ad followed by an attack ad by an Obama ally. I want it all to stop.

But the second ad (the one where the jug-eared Kenyan lies about what he said in Roanoke). In the ad he talks about standing behind those hard-working businesses. In Roanoke, he clearly said that those who worked hard didn’t build their own businesses because they didn’t build roads or something. The man is a complete liar.

Happy Nomad on July 24, 2012 at 8:05 PM

For those of you who need a palate cleanser…

Here’s the full Romney speech with the VFW.

(I’m kinda surprised they haven’t posted it yet.)

CPT. Charles on July 24, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Key West Reader on July 24, 2012 at 7:51 PM

I think he was saying “sure” in dragged-out, exaggerated “disbelief.” Not a catcall, but not a “nice” response either. Thing is, the way he spelled it… you can only pronounce what he wrote as “surrey.” And he’s pretty fringy on top, too.

de rigueur on July 24, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Oh, so you didn’t mean to say “you didn’t build that.”

Ok,cool…thanks for clearing that up for us, douche.

St Gaudens on July 24, 2012 at 8:08 PM

sherry on July 24, 2012 at 8:03 PM

When Carter lost, his spouse said that she was bitter enough for the both of them. This, of course, was a pre-Hillary First Lady when there was a little bit more class than today.

When Obama loses, I do not envy whomever has to tell Mooch that the free rides in private planes at taxpayer expense is coming to an end. Nor do I envy the first time this vile angry woman is “forced” to fly commercial.

Happy Nomad on July 24, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Paraphrasing from Smokey and The Bandit:
Mitt’s gonna barbecue your a$$, boy!

the new aesthetic on July 24, 2012 at 8:13 PM

behind enemy lines

Valkyriepundit on July 24, 2012 at 8:18 PM

“I am not a Witch”
~Barak Obama

Strike Hornet on July 24, 2012 at 7:38 PM

LOL.

Yes, but the problem for Barry is that too many people are starting to figure out exactly what he is . . . and they don’t like it.

AZCoyote on July 24, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Happy Nomad on July 24, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Can you imagine? Small children will have to look away.

sherry on July 24, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Oh, and PS: FU-

Del Dolemonte on July 24, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Tweaked.

hillsoftx on July 24, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Yee Haw +!

Oh, and Bob Wills is Still The King!

Del Dolemonte on July 24, 2012 at 8:22 PM

BAHAHAHA sorry champ, the mask was lifted.

Wagthatdog on July 24, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Romney is at a severe disadvantage since the only positives the public will see about him will largely be paid ads.

conservativecaveman on July 24, 2012 at 8:48 PM

KOOLAID2 on July 24, 2012 at 8:49 PM

…(forgot to put)…NBC must have edited his remarks!

KOOLAID2 on July 24, 2012 at 8:51 PM

KOOLAID2 on July 24, 2012 at 8:51 PM

Stand behind American businessmen?

Yep.

BOHICA!

coldwarrior on July 24, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Of course Obama wants to stand behind the small businessman.

Easier to pick his pocket from there.

BD57 on July 24, 2012 at 9:13 PM

Dear Leader is running scared…

d1carter on July 24, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Pantload is leaving skid marks in his shorts…

Seven Percent Solution on July 24, 2012 at 9:40 PM

zer0 certainly has large, protruding ears, doesn’t he? Like something out of Gremlins.

MisterElephant on July 24, 2012 at 9:43 PM

So when he said “You didn’t build that” what he really meant was “Great job on building that”?

I’m confused. It seems like all of the liberal clarification about the “context” of his words has been exactly that: that business owners should be thanking their lucky stars for government assistance.

BlueCollarAstronaut on July 24, 2012 at 9:53 PM

Robb on July 24, 2012 at 7:36 PM

I agree with your comment. Romney needs to do more of this very type of add. This type of approach – speaking directly to the public – was what made Ronald Reagan so appealing to people across various demographic categories. His experience as an actor allowed him to perform and articulate ideas with clarity before the camera. Clinton had the same skill. While Romney does not have the warmth of either a Reagan or Clinton, he needs to make the effort and not leave the field to Obama.

What kills me about this Obama ad is that if you actually listen to what he is saying, he is STILL just saying he is going to give more money to his constituencies and that his constituencies are essential for private business owners to do what they do. Think about it – more money to (i) investigation and training (teachers unions and colleges/universities; (ii) roads and bridges (unions) and (iii) research (green energy, colleges/universities).

Yet, what do we know about these three constinuencies: (i) study after study (both internal and external) have shown that both secondary education and our colleges and universities are failing miserably in the job of education (read “Academically Adrift”); (ii) any attempts to build roads and bridges today are usually met with beauracratic delays from the EPA and overuns and overcosts that can exceed budgets by almost double; and (iii) investments in research into unsustainable and unaffordable technologies, overrun with corruption and waste. How does any of this help small and mid-sized businesses? Rhetorical question – it doesn’t.

studentofhistory on July 24, 2012 at 10:27 PM

That response to his statement?

He didn’t think that. Somewhere he got help.

itsspideyman on July 24, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Great, time to chose a real American over the anti-American.

ray on July 24, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Happy Nomad on July 24, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Yep. He’s got an extreme-level maintenance wife there, and he won’t have anywhere near the money it would take to maintain her, even if he writes ‘his’ third autobiography.

They can spend their life mooching off the truly wealthy, borrowing private planes and all, but that won’t work for long. He won’t have the staying power that someone like Billy Clinton does as a celebrity pal. Once he loses, his celebrity capital will run out in a year or two.

slickwillie2001 on July 24, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Happy Nomad on July 24, 2012 at 8:05 PM

He can try to explain it six ways to Sunday. Watching the complete quote, as Krauthammer says, only makes it worse. Its not just the words, it’s the sneer in his voice when he belittles entrepreneurship. There’s something very nasty there.

itsspideyman on July 24, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Wasn’t it just last week that Obama said:

“You don’t hear me complaining a lot about what’s been said about me,” Obama said. “And Lord knows a lot’s been said about me over the past three and a half years. I understand the nature of our democracy has always been a little bit messy like this.”

And now a week later he cuts a TV ad whining like a little b*tch over something Romney said about him.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

OxyCon on July 24, 2012 at 11:57 PM

I am not a witch.

John the Libertarian on July 25, 2012 at 2:40 AM

Friendly reminder to Obama – the November election IS a reaction to all of your failed policies and new leadership is needed and will come. Repealing Obamacare, starting the Keystone Pipeline, eliminating all of your illegal executive orders are the first major changes for the American people. Your anti-business acts have only wounded our country and President Romney will get us back to work.

Amazingoly on July 25, 2012 at 8:00 AM

Top down economics doesn’t work, Mr. President?
Then why do you keep ramming it down our throats?

You ARE Mr. Top Down!

You’re the King of Top Down!

What else is federal control of everything?

Mr. President, do you ever read books?

Geez, what a dipstick.

gordo on July 25, 2012 at 8:19 AM

President Obama went on the defensive today over his understanding of small business owners, saying Republicans “may have tipped a little bit over their skis” in their attempts to use his words against him.

“Earlier today Gov. Romney was at it again. He’s been twisting my words around to suggest I don’t value small business,”

Tipped a little bit over their skis?

And this means what?

Wee Wee Up?

Have spent a lot of time on the slopes, never heard the expression.

Tripped over…yeah. But tipped?

And Obama is the most articulate (and clean, thank you, Joe) President we’ve ever had?

coldwarrior on July 25, 2012 at 9:05 AM

Robb on July 24, 2012 at 7:36 PM

I totally agree. It is very frustrating that he will not simply look at the camera and give an introduction, a shortlist of values, and a shortlist of specific initiatives. That’s the first thing every campaign does!! He’s tentative and you don’t win elections that way. People don’t like voting for someone they don’t feel like they know. He’s feeding a popular paranoia that he’s trying to hide something.

michaelthomas on July 25, 2012 at 9:29 AM

O is the first postmodern president; he doesn’t need to rely on results for re-election, just words…

Pest on July 25, 2012 at 10:01 AM

You bet it is a referendum on your non-governing, Obozo. Plus, it’s all of us choosing a solid American over a staunch socialist/commie/progressive/liberal anti-American.

chai on July 25, 2012 at 10:08 AM

People should be just as outraged over his “at some point you’ve made enough money” comment from years ago. Why did we let that one slide?

At what point is that Mr. President and what happens to money after that point? The government gets it all?

Wagthatdog on July 25, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Why should we care what’s in Mitt Romney’s taxes if he wasn’t responsible for his wealth anyway?

Wagthatdog on July 25, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Wagthatdog on July 25, 2012 at 10:15 AM

He’s still guilty for being wealthy in the first place according to O…

Pest on July 25, 2012 at 10:58 AM

So this election is not a referendum on Obozo’s performance? I’ve got to conclude he’s a liar who poses as a conventional Lefty. This is all about the job Obozo has done, how well he’s performed, and whether he has built our great country to be greater. Conclusion — his performance sucks. Hiding one’s intentions, as Barry has done, only detracts from his already low grade. One term and out for Obozo the Imposter.

TruthBeTold on July 25, 2012 at 11:08 AM

Obama is a liar.

magicbeans on July 25, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Wagthatdog on July 25, 2012 at 10:14 AM

You have it backwards, in the world of liberals, ALL monies you receive belong to the government, they graciously lend some of it to us which is how they can laughably claim a tax cut is an expense.

Obowma is worse than Carter.

dthorny on July 25, 2012 at 11:38 AM

He’s still guilty for being wealthy in the first place according to O…

Pest on July 25, 2012 at 10:58 AM

+100

itsspideyman on July 25, 2012 at 11:43 AM

“Always” = “I Am Not A Witch”

(h/t Jennifer Rubin WashPo)

Haiku Guy on July 25, 2012 at 11:58 AM

“This is a choice election, not a referendum on my performance”

I hope the dumbass truly believes that.

woodNfish on July 25, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Au Contraire…It is whatever I want to make it. It is still a free country and my choice is to say thunbs down on your sorry ass performance.

logicman_1998 on July 25, 2012 at 5:48 PM

If you got to where you are by affirmative action then to justify your position you must assume that everyone else succeeds on the same basis.

Nomas on July 26, 2012 at 6:41 AM