Lawyer for Holmes’s mother: ABC took my quote about having “the right person” completely out of context; Update: ABC responds

posted at 7:21 pm on July 23, 2012 by Allahpundit

Via Politico, I’m tempted to say “unbelievable” but the original ABC story came from The Blotter, which is Brian Ross’s team. (He’s one of five reporters with a byline on the article, in fact.) If a guy’s so jacked to get a Big Scoop that he’d smear the tea party to do it, why wouldn’t he “finesse” a quote from the suspect’s mother to make it sound like a sensational admission to foreknowledge of his violent tendencies?

Or is this less a case of a reporter behaving unethically than a mother trying to protect her son by walking back a hugely damning, yet accurate, quotation? Here’s how the Blotter story began:

A California woman who identified herself as the mother of James Holmes, the 24-year-old man federal authorities said is the suspect in a mass shooting in an Aurora, Colorado movie theater, told ABC News her son was likely the alleged culprit, saying, “You have the right person.”

The woman, contacted at her home in San Diego, spoke briefly with ABC News and immediately expressed concern her son may be involved in the shooting death of at least 12 people overnight.

“You have the right person,” she said, apparently speaking on gut instinct. “I need to call the police… I need to fly out to Colorado.”

Now here’s what the lawyer said this afternoon:

To clarify a statement made by ABC media, I was awakened by a call from a reporter on ABC on July 20, about 5:45 in the morning. I did not know anything about a shooting in Aurora at that time. He asked if I was Arlene Holmes, and if my son was James Holmes, who lives in Aurora, Colorado. I answered, ‘yes, you have the right person.’ I was referring to myself. I asked him to tell me why he was calling, and he told me about a shooting in Aurora. He asked for a comment. I told him I could not comment because I did not know if the person he was talking about was my son, and I would need to find out.

Hard to imagine an innocent explanation for ABC’s account of the conversation if Holmes is telling the truth. If she said “you have the right person” in response to nothing more than a question about her identity, without the shooting having been mentioned yet, then there’s no way they could honestly take that as some sort of admission on her part as to his guilt. Either she’s misremembering the exact exchange (or lying, I guess) or else they did something egregious here. The best-case scenario is that the reporter assumed that she’d already heard about the shooting and took her “right person” comment in that context — but even then, there’d be no reason to think she was talking about his guilt rather than simply identifying herself. And needless to say, the reporter would have had a duty to follow up and press her to clarify so that there was no ambiguity on a quote that explosive. Did he/she? Did ABC record the conversation? I’m eager to hear how it really went down.

Update: ABC says it didn’t happen the way Holmes says it did — and no, there’s no recording of the conversation:

ABC News phoned Arlene Holmes at 5am PST, at her home in San Diego, Calif., according to notes and email records by ABC News producer Matthew Mosk, who placed the call…

Mosk said today that he awoke Arlene Holmes and informed her that a man, he believed was her son had been arrested in Aurora and asked to confirm their relationship.

“You have to tell me what happened… You have to tell me what happened,” the woman on the phone said, according to Mosk. Mosk said he told her that ABC News had learned the 24-year-old had been identified by police as the lone suspect in the mass killing in Aurora, Colo and that the details of the events were still taking shape.

“You have the right person,” was her response, he said. “I need to call the police. I need to fly to Colorado.”

That contradicts Holmes’s claim that she didn’t know anything about the shooting before her “right person” comment — but even here, according to ABC’s own account, the quote is totally ambiguous. Was she saying that James Holmes was the “right person,” i.e. the shooter, or merely that she was his mother? Why did ABC leap to assume the former instead of the latter?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

The d-cRAT puppets and stooges in the socialist FAKE-NEWS media are every bit as beneath contempt as OBOZO’s imbecile AG (and Black Panther Party supporter and defender) holder.

Fortunately, American now has a strong and growing CONSERVATIVE MEDIA that assiduously and accurately reports things that the socialist media doesn’t – particularly, THE TRUTH, THE FACTS and REALITY.

TeaPartyNation on July 23, 2012 at 7:23 PM

I’ll take mom’s word over ABC’s any day.

Hey, Allahpundit! I thought you were off on a “stay-vacation” or something.

Blake on July 23, 2012 at 7:23 PM

I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO GLAD TO SEE ALLAH PUNDIT!!!!!1111

OmahaConservative on July 23, 2012 at 7:05 PM

OmahaConservative on July 23, 2012 at 7:24 PM

I don’t know.

Why did ABC leap to assume it was a Tea Party member?

Maybe because they’re a crappy news organization?

jjrakman on July 23, 2012 at 7:24 PM

With ABC’s track record on this case, I will believe the mom.

joedoe on July 23, 2012 at 7:26 PM

[quote]Exit quotation via Politico: “Sources tell POLITICO that on an editorial conference call this morning, ABC News SVP James Goldston said the network is taking steps to ensure that incorrect reports such as Ross’s do not happen again.”[/quote]

So they’re firing him then, yes? Hah! I’ll believe it when I see it.

Othniel on July 23, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Found this and modified it…

Sign on ABC News bulletin board:

“This firm requires no physical-fitness program. Everyone gets enough exercise jumping to conclusions and dodging responsibility.”

Fallon on July 23, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Well if ABC says it, it’s like money in MF Global.

the_nile on July 23, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Wow. How long before the wronged parties just call for a class action? I can picture the late night TV commercials now….

Have you or someone you know been slandered, libelled or misrepresented on air by ABC News? Have you had to change your name or phone number and hide out with relatives due to their erroneous reporting? Call our the law offices now. Attorneys are standing by…

cynccook on July 23, 2012 at 7:29 PM

What difference does it make? Unless he gets a California jury.

Marcus on July 23, 2012 at 7:29 PM

My money’s on mama.

That is exactly what one would say given the intitial questions by ABC at 5 o’clock in the morning.

sherry on July 23, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Fallon on July 23, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Hey stranger! :)

cynccook on July 23, 2012 at 7:30 PM

despicable….

but not surprised…

cmsinaz on July 23, 2012 at 7:30 PM

ABC has been shading the facts of the George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin shooting ever since it began. Why wouldn’t they go with their assumptions and misinterpret what the mother said?

The old idea of “the medium is the message” is at play here. TV is creating impressions about the shooting. Have you ever known personally about some event and then read or watched a news account and thought of how wrong they got it? I suspect that’s a big part of this media coverage.

All these TV newscasters acting so upset and emotionally touched by the shooting, it’s all so disingenuous.

Paul-Cincy on July 23, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Hacktastic work by Brian Ross and company.

dswanson on July 23, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Given ABC’s long established HIGH CREDIBILITY – I’ll go with Arlene Holmes’ explanation.

GarandFan on July 23, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Why did ABC leap to assume the former instead of the latter?

That’s rhetorical right?

Headline A: “ABC Exclusive: Mom throws mass murdering son under the bus! Declares he obviously is the killer!”

Headline B: “Lady confirms that she has a son named James Holmes”

nextgen_repub on July 23, 2012 at 7:32 PM

So they’re firing him then, yes? Hah! I’ll believe it when I see it.

Othniel on July 23, 2012 at 7:27 PM

They need to shut down the whole criminal network if they want to ensure that.

the_nile on July 23, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Is ABC trying to race MSNBC to the bottom?

cntrlfrk on July 23, 2012 at 7:32 PM

I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO GLAD TO SEE ALLAH PUNDIT!!!!!1111

OmahaConservative on July 23, 2012 at 7:05 PM

OmahaConservative on July 23, 2012 at 7:24 PM

OmahaConservative:

I join the chorus,good to see the USS Hot Air Command/Control
is back to DEFCON 1…..!:)

canopfor on July 23, 2012 at 7:32 PM

despicable….

but not surprised…

cmsinaz on July 23, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Cut from the same cloth as your Moanin’ Joe…

OmahaConservative on July 23, 2012 at 7:32 PM

C’mon guys… It’s not enough to have ONE unwanted video ad playing on the page? Now I’ve got to hunt down TWO of them and wait for the ad to finish before I can pause the “news” story? If there weren’t another source as good at covering conservative news out there, I’d already be gone…

RationalIcthus on July 23, 2012 at 7:32 PM

She meant the roads and bridges. Anybody can see that.

smellthecoffee on July 23, 2012 at 7:33 PM

else they did something egregious here.

I vote for this especially since they said they didn’t tape it.

chemman on July 23, 2012 at 7:33 PM

I thought she was identifying herself as the “right person” from the get-go. It didn’t make any sense to me the way ABC put out the story. If someone told me that my child had been identified as a mass-murderer, I would blurt out something along the lines of “Oh my God! NOOOOO!!!!” I think anyone would say something like that—even if they had reason to believe that their child was capable of something so horrific.

ABC has behaved unethically…again. Despicable.

IrishEi on July 23, 2012 at 7:33 PM

To bad Newsroom won’t be on the air in four years, this would be a great episode. Sorkin could write a great rant for Daniels, he would have to change ABC to FOX of course but I can hear the self righteousness pouring out of Daniels yap, chastising the evil FOX Network for their rush to judgement and shoddy journalism. Ratings gold baby.

lowandslow on July 23, 2012 at 7:33 PM

cntrlfrk on July 23, 2012 at 7:32 PM

i think so…

OmahaConservative on July 23, 2012 at 7:32 PM

oh yeah….

cmsinaz on July 23, 2012 at 7:34 PM

canopfor on July 23, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Heh
Even though we have both had warnings from him in our inbox…

OmahaConservative on July 23, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Why did ABC leap to assume the former instead of the latter?

because Hussein would like that ?

burrata on July 23, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Geez. They woke the woman up, tell her this and while she’s trying to process the info she answers their first question.

That’s all it probably is. What a bunch of DBs.

kim roy on July 23, 2012 at 7:34 PM

The mother may be trying to help her son, because there will be a trial and it sounds very bad, so she has a powerful reason to lie…on the other hand its ABC, whose stock in trade is deception?

sharrukin on July 23, 2012 at 7:34 PM

ABC is in trouble.

Del Dolemonte on July 23, 2012 at 7:35 PM

You know, the way things are going, if ABC needs to improve its journalistic reputation, they might consider Dan Rather.

beatcanvas on July 23, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Well of course the mother thought they had the right person..
I mean, come on…the name…James Holmes???

who would think that name is popular?

Electrongod on July 23, 2012 at 7:35 PM

The poor mother…

OmahaConservative on July 23, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Pleeze.

We can pin Ross all we went, but he’s just f’ing antsy to get on air, ASAP, so he doesn’t check squat.

It’s the groupthinking prog zombies working BTS for ABC that are the problem and need to be fired.

I don’t question Holmes’ mother, that her comment was either about her identity, before or after, the shooting info was passed on.

Either way, the question asked by ABC was not “Do you think your son could be responsible for such an action”?

In both forms, it was “Are you this kids mom? Because he just got arrested for gunning people down”.

As for the Tea Party disaster, that had spaz-out written all over it. Not hard to deduce, either.

Ross says “get me anything on a James Holmes”. His lackeys start pluggin in every variation possible and hand him Jim Holmes, Tes Party. Ross asks, “how sure are you” and his prog-troll responds “what are the odds it’s not”. Good enough.

budfox on July 23, 2012 at 7:36 PM

I’d believe anybody over a news operation – except maybe Barack Obama and DWS.

forest on July 23, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Hey Brian Ross-
i’m sure msdnc has an opening for ya

cmsinaz on July 23, 2012 at 7:36 PM

===================

Maybe the reporter was hyped up on Hopey/Changey KOOL_AID,and
inadvertently misconstrude`d her words!!
(sarc).

canopfor on July 23, 2012 at 7:37 PM

So they’ve decided to call the shooters mother, who no doubt is suffering as badly as the victims and their families, a liar?

Someone take that shovel away from the idiots at ABC.

JPeterman on July 23, 2012 at 7:37 PM

…A B C…YOU LIE…!!!

KOOLAID2 on July 23, 2012 at 7:38 PM

I think it is pretty obvious that “you have the right person” was concerning IDENTITY and not concerning the culpability.

crosspatch on July 23, 2012 at 7:38 PM

So when did they find out he was a member of the Tea Party..?

d1carter on July 23, 2012 at 7:38 PM

When I saw the quote on Friday, I thought the mom was saying “you have the right person?” as in a question rather than an answer. It seems ABC was going for sensationalism, so I think I’d side with the mom.

El_Terrible on July 23, 2012 at 7:39 PM

I thought she was identifying herself as the “right person” from the get-go.

IrishEi on July 23, 2012 at 7:33 PM

You mean she got a cold call that her son just shot 70 people and she’s like, oh yeah, that’s him. You don’t find that credible?
/ABCnews

Paul-Cincy on July 23, 2012 at 7:39 PM

No recording of the conversation? What kind of journalism is that? Does ABC really intend to claim with a straight face their reporter didn’t do what is likely a common practice in the 21st Century, if only to quote accurately as journalistic ethics require?

I know there are laws against recordings not being admissible in court proceedings unless both parties agree to the taping, but there’s no law against making those recordings by one side or other.

My score:

Mrs. Holmes: 1
MSM: -5000

Liam on July 23, 2012 at 7:41 PM

A mother clarifies a news story, and the general reaction is, “wait a minute … we already had an earlier impression, as reported by ABCnews, and we’re not going to change that impression … the mother is lying … we stand by ABCnews which stands by its story”.

Someone corrects the factual record, and the reaction is, she’s lying? Who’s loony now?

Paul-Cincy on July 23, 2012 at 7:42 PM

That’s all it probably is. What a bunch of DBs.

kim roy on July 23, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Probably.

the_nile on July 23, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Over the past couple of months ABC has lied about Zimmerman not having any injuries, about Holmes being a Tea Party member, and about the mom’s comments.

Has the media always been this dishonest or are they just getting caught more frequently?

El_Terrible on July 23, 2012 at 7:43 PM

The poor mother…

OmahaConservative on July 23, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Worse than losing a child.

the_nile on July 23, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Rich. And I don’t mean Frank Rich.

petefrt on July 23, 2012 at 7:44 PM

I would believe O.J. before I would believe ABC.

I would believe Barry last.

SparkPlug on July 23, 2012 at 7:45 PM

sharrukin on July 23, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Mom can do all she wants if protection of her son is a motive for her claim today. Her son is caught dead-to-rights as a viable ‘accused’. He’s way past the point of being a suspect or person of interest.

Liam on July 23, 2012 at 7:45 PM

When I first heard it I thought it was a little odd that the mother would say such a thing but I didn’t think much about it. Now that I’ve read more details, especially that she was awakened early in the morning by ABC, I would believe the mother’s story over that of the culpable, reproachable AllBarackChannel.

stukinIL4now on July 23, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Worse than losing a child.

the_nile on July 23, 2012 at 7:43 PM

I’m sure. I’ll never forget my moms grief wails when my eldest brother died April 8 1961…

OmahaConservative on July 23, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Did the mother know her son was a dangerous nut job?

She must be in pain.

SparkPlug on July 23, 2012 at 7:47 PM

I don’t even want to read another story about Hack reporters at ABC. I only clicked on the Video because I think Lawyer Lisa is kind of HOT!

Alabama Infidel on July 23, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Well if ABC says it, it’s like money in MF Global.

the_nile on July 23, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Heh!

98ZJUSMC on July 23, 2012 at 7:49 PM

ABC is the Joker.

SparkPlug on July 23, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Who you gonna believe? ABC news or your own lyin’ ears

davidk on July 23, 2012 at 7:50 PM

MSM “Journalism” at its finest.

May we never forget Andrew Brietbart.

nobar on July 23, 2012 at 7:50 PM

ABC is in trouble.

Del Dolemonte on July 23, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Couldn’t happen to a finer group of lying doucherockets.

98ZJUSMC on July 23, 2012 at 7:50 PM

I hope that she and the TEA Party James Holmes sue the hell out of ABC… for many millions.

If it was FOX news that had done it, Gloria AllRed would have inserted herself and filed suit by now.

ABC: Fake but Inaccurate.

LegendHasIt on July 23, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Who to put your trust in the verasity of the story in…the PROVEN lying liar faced liars at ABC…or the distraught mom of a mass murder suspect, I`ll take mom`s account thanks.

NY Conservative on July 23, 2012 at 7:51 PM

OmahaConservative on July 23, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Is it still hot? Hope it cools down for you and the lightning bugs.

SparkPlug on July 23, 2012 at 7:51 PM

ABC news owned by Disney…making up fairy tales all along.

F15Mech on July 23, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Is it still hot? Hope it cools down for you and the lightning bugs.

SparkPlug on July 23, 2012 at 7:51 PM

104 in the shade according to my back porch Oregon Scientific sensor…

OmahaConservative on July 23, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Coming soon to Current TV.

98ZJUSMC on July 23, 2012 at 7:53 PM

I believe the mother. ABC News is not committed to the truth.

Peacerose on July 23, 2012 at 7:54 PM

ABC IS FULL OF SHIT!!!!1111111111111

OmahaConservative on July 23, 2012 at 7:55 PM

ABC’s version never made sense from the beginning.
Mrs Holmes version does make sense.

About the whole Tea Party accusation–I sent ABC an email to let them know they lost a dedicated viewer back in 2008. About the time it became obvious to me that protecting Obama/pushing their agenda was more important than looking out for the people.

If they had an ounce of credibility or integrity left they lost it Friday morning. Felt good to tell them so.

bailey24 on July 23, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Because they keep us from being like every other country.

MadisonConservative on July 23, 2012 at 7:24 PM

108 here in c entral IL. But the humidity is down so it only feels like 105.

davidk on July 23, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Speaking of Holmes,heres how he could afford,his stockpile!!!
==============================================================

CU officials defend academic, personal support available to Holmes
Posted: 07/23/2012 05:25:41 PM MDT
Updated: 07/23/2012 05:30:38 PM MDT
**************************************

Holmes received $171,024 from the National Institute of Health for his first year in the program.

Of that total, $26,000 is allotted for “personal expenses.”
(More..)

canopfor on July 23, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Shocker. The all-Barack-channel shows aversion to honesty and integrity and no aversion whatsoever to lying through their teeth.

Jaibones on July 23, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Whoops!

SparkPlug on July 23, 2012 at 7:51 PM

104 in the shade according to my back porch Oregon Scientific sensor…

OmahaConservative on July 23, 2012 at 7:53 PM

davidk on July 23, 2012 at 7:56 PM

ABC IS FULL OF SHIT!!!!1111111111111

OmahaConservative on July 23, 2012 at 7:55 PM

OmakaConservative:Make that Donkey Poo:)

canopfor on July 23, 2012 at 7:57 PM

We all know that there are some people in this world who have given themselves over so completely to their own ambitions, sold so much of themselves in pursuit of those ambitions, that they become unable to recognize the line between right and wrong.

IF Brian Ross has succumbed to that kind of all consuming ambition has sunk to the level of the lowest possible denominator of human experience. He has lost his own humanity.

thatsafactjack on July 23, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Am I misreading this? First…

Then…

“You have to tell me what happened… You have to tell me what happened,”… …Mosk said he told her that ABC News had learned the 24-year-old had been identified by police as the lone suspect…

And finally…

Hesiodos on July 23, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Did the mother know her son was a dangerous nut job?

She must be in pain.

SparkPlug on July 23, 2012 at 7:47 PM

I dont think she knew he was dangerous.Maybe only a bit “special”.
Not any reports so far that he has been violent before the shooting.

the_nile on July 23, 2012 at 7:59 PM

thatsafactjack on July 23, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Please quit trying to be diplomatic and kind, darlin’
He is a jackass of the first order…

OmahaConservative on July 23, 2012 at 8:00 PM

What difference does it make the order she asked them what happened, and said “You have the right person”? She may not and surely probably didn’t integrate all the information of the conversation into her mind as it happened. In her mind, she could just as well have said “You have the right person” and then asked “what happened?”. She didn’t integrate the one with the other. She’s just communicating two things — what happened, and her own identity. ABCnews clearly leapt to a wrong conclusion.

Paul-Cincy on July 23, 2012 at 8:01 PM

Gee, uh, why would anyone doubt ABC News?

SouthernGent on July 23, 2012 at 8:01 PM

Ha. I called this yesterday.

Mosk’s rebuttal is a convenient rearrangement of the the events of the conversation to defend cutting room floor style original report.

Time and time again we see this same adulteration of the facts and events to fit what journalists want to report. Reporters like Mosk have no credibility on this subject. Look at what he actually reported originally about the conversation. There were at least three questions asked in the same order as her responses he reported.

Journalistic abuse. Mosk should be fired, now, too.

Dusty on July 23, 2012 at 8:04 PM

fake news…i’m shocked

some moron producer calls her at 5AM, to tell her news and asks her if he (the moron) has the right person.

being a mother she wants to know more…then tells the moron, that yeah, i’m the right person.

Moron producer doesn’t parse english sentences none too well, and confuses the sentence ‘they have the right person’ with ‘you have the right person’…moron leaps to stupid conclusion…and considers that he has done a good day’s work

the follow=up morons at ABC try to say they were right..but then say she said ‘you have the right person’

ABC, in addition to employing political hacks, has many morons on its staff…

charming

r keller on July 23, 2012 at 8:04 PM

abc NEWS- nice record on this story.

BKeyser on July 23, 2012 at 8:04 PM

They may be right…but their credibility is now shot to hell. I’ll have to take her word over theirs since they are known to be manipulative, politically motivated liars.

AUINSC on July 23, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Yesterday talking about this with my sister I told her the mother said to the police that they had the right person, that she must have known he was capable of this. Now since I trusted the reporting of ABCnews I feel like a total fool. Fool me once, shame on you … fool me twice … I won’t be fooled again (copyright — GW Bush).

Paul-Cincy on July 23, 2012 at 8:05 PM

The poor mother…

OmahaConservative on July 23, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Worse than losing a child.

the_nile on July 23, 2012 at 7:43 PM

How could you possibly know that?
The mothers of all those that were just massacred may very well disagree.

lynncgb on July 23, 2012 at 8:05 PM

It has been so long since ABC has done any real reporting, they’ve forgotten how to ask clear questions, or at least followup on ambiguous answers. It is tough being a reporter with real questions and people who give real answers. /s

STL_Vet on July 23, 2012 at 8:07 PM

They may be right…

AUINSC on July 23, 2012 at 8:04 PM

No chance. They gave the impression the mother knew her son was not only capable of this, but that she wasn’t surprised that it happened. ABCnews is scum.

Paul-Cincy on July 23, 2012 at 8:07 PM

OT: Tina Korbe is on Cavuto on FBN. And is hot.

Curtiss on July 23, 2012 at 8:10 PM

I don’t think his Mom knew what a beast he was. He kept himself in check near home. Then he got away and apparently no one checked. Parents, poke your nose in your kids’ business until you drop dead.

gracie on July 23, 2012 at 8:11 PM

There is no possible way that the MSM is corrupt.

Blasphemy!

Key West Reader on July 23, 2012 at 8:12 PM

AP, when are you going to be on Cavuto?

Curtiss on July 23, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Mom is a psychiatric nurse…

OmahaConservative on July 23, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Hey stranger! :)

cynccook on July 23, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Hey Cyn!

*waving*

I was on vacation. I took AP’s cats to the lake for some meow time. We went for a jetski ride to live like the 1%-ers do. It was a lot of fun. We went fishing and they caught a mess of catfish but I kept catching bluegills, no crappies.

*sigh*

This week, back to reality.

Fallon on July 23, 2012 at 8:13 PM

sharrukin on July 23, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Maybe on the former, but as a juror, I wouldn’t invest much in a conversation by someone who was awakened by a phone call at 5:45 in the morning. Besides, if it reflected damage to the son’s arrest there really ought to be quite a bit of other medical evidence to rely on to back up the assertion her reaction means something, which the prosecution could show.

The latter? Guilty, guilty, guilty! Hang the lot of ‘em.

Dusty on July 23, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Hey ABC, an unknown stranger has more credibility than you.

TfromV on July 23, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Nightline — self-important newsreaders, designer suits, and meaningless animated graphics. It’s a sign of the times.

ABC News. The most f***ed up name in news.

More Americans get their lies, misinformation, and propaganda from ABC News than from any other source.

Paul-Cincy on July 23, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Why would anybody give benefit of doubt to the scumbag media?

rrpjr on July 23, 2012 at 8:14 PM