Quotes of the day

posted at 8:01 pm on July 22, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

Israel has bolstered its security presence for the London Olympics amid fears that an Iranian terror squad in Europe may be planning an attack on its athletes, according to a press report Sunday.

Scotland Yard and Britain’s domestic intelligence service MI5 are believed to have raised their assessment of the threat against the Israeli delegation following last week’s suicide attack on an Israeli tourist bus in Bulgaria, the Sunday Times reported.

The Israeli government has reportedly dispatched agents from its internal security service Shin Bet to protect its team of athletes.

***

Agents from Israel’s elite intelligence organisation, Mossad, are hunting Iranian-backed terrorists in Europe, who are allegedly planning an “anniversary” attack 40 years after the Munich massacre, Britain’s The Sunday Times reports.

The fears come as tensions rise over the International Olympic Committee refusal to commemorate the killing of 11 Israeli athletes and coaches by Palestinian terrorists on September 5, 1972.

In preparation for an Olympic terror assault, panic rooms for VIPs and spectators have been set up beneath London’s Olympic Stadium to protect them from being taken hostage or killed, according to The Sunday Times.

***

Taking into account the possibility of an Israeli attack on Iran during the 2012 Summer Games, the Olympic committee in charge of the London event has formed a special team to prepare for the contingency. …

England is thought to be within the range of Iranian missiles and UK officials believe that a military confrontation between Jerusalem and Tehran could involve the country against its will.

The special team listed a number of steps that would need to be taken in the event of such a conflict, among them: opening a special command center, providing secret safe houses for foreign leaders wishing to meet for diplomatic purposes, and preparing for emergency evacuations of dignitaries.

***

International Olympic Committee president Jacques Rogge won’t budge: There will be no minute’s silence for the Israeli victims of the 1972 Munich massacre at the opening ceremony of the London Olympics.

Rogge rejected the latest calls Saturday for a special observance to commemorate the 40th anniversary of the murder of 11 Israeli athletes and coaches by Palestinian gunmen at the Munich Games.

“We feel that the opening ceremony is an atmosphere that is not fit to remember such a tragic incident,” Rogge said.

***

Organisers of the Olympics hit back on Sunday at cynics after weeks of negative headlines, saying criticism over planning mistakes and costs were being outweighed by a surge in public excitement as the gala opening ceremony nears.

Britain’s famously caustic media, which have highlighted security and transport problems before the July 27-Aug. 12 Games, also seemed to adopt a more positive stance as thousands turned out to cheer the Olympic torch relay through London.

“I think possibly what we’re going through as a nation, as a city is that necessary, pre-curtain-up moment of psychological self-depression before the excitement begins on Friday when the curtain goes up,” London Mayor Boris Johnson told the BBC.

“The mood is perceptibly changing. People are starting to get really excited here in London about the arrival of the torch …. The last remaining clouds of dampness and Olympo-scepticism are going to be banished,” he later told Sky News.

***

The athletes and the Olympic torch have arrived in London – and so has the party.

For those keener on celebrity-spotting or dancing the night away than medal counting, the British host city has plenty of action to offer during games time.

Away from the track and field, Hollywood royalty such as Brangelina and Nicole Kidman will be rubbing shoulders with diplomats and businessmen at the city’s glitziest clubs and grandest historic buildings.

Meanwhile, Dizzy Rascal, Snow Patrol and other musicians will keep crowds entertained at outdoor concerts across the capital…

***

Olympic athletes are giving up their personal physical data in exchange for the latest gadgets that record sleep, diet and exercise patterns as they try to boost their performance in this year’s games.

Several health technology companies plan to use the athletes’ data to help re-engineer the tracking devices and later reposition the products for the amateur sports performance market or the $61bn weight loss market.

“These are early-phase trials to see how it works,” said Kevin Sayer, president of DexCom, which has donated its continuous glucose monitors to several US athletes. “We’re open to learn.”

Many of the technologies have been developed since the last Olympics and executives at a number of health-tracking companies are looking to the London games to increase their exposure.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5 6

Good Morning!

________________

hang in there OC…

cmsinaz on July 23, 2012 at 6:49 AM

24/7 LOL

renalin on July 23, 2012 at 6:29 AM

The irony. You’re hilarious.

CW on July 23, 2012 at 6:51 AM

cmsinaz on July 23, 2012 at 6:49 AM

It is beyond nasty. Hard to wear clothes…

OmahaConservative on July 23, 2012 at 6:51 AM

OmahaConservative on July 23, 2012 at 6:51 AM

ugharoo…

cmsinaz on July 23, 2012 at 6:53 AM

I am considering having my head shaved for the first time in my life…

OmahaConservative on July 23, 2012 at 6:56 AM

i kinda feel bad for erika, now. what a heavy cross to bear.

renalin on July 23, 2012 at 6:56 AM

OmahaConservative on July 23, 2012 at 6:56 AM

hmmmmm

go for it

cmsinaz on July 23, 2012 at 6:58 AM

Do conservative babes find bald men attractive?

OmahaConservative on July 23, 2012 at 7:00 AM

Do conservative babes find bald men attractive?

OmahaConservative on July 23, 2012 at 7:00 AM

I can’t speak for everyone, but I would prefer that to a bad comb over- LOL!

Night Owl on July 23, 2012 at 7:04 AM

I bet Rush will be on a tear today.

Night Owl on July 23, 2012 at 7:05 AM

OmahaConservative on July 23, 2012 at 7:00 AM

yeah baby :)

cmsinaz on July 23, 2012 at 7:06 AM

I can’t speak for everyone, but I would prefer that to a bad comb over- LOL!

Night Owl on July 23, 2012 at 7:04 AM

Lolz! God Bless ya’ darlin’

OmahaConservative on July 23, 2012 at 7:06 AM

morning joe pushing the gun control meme once again this am…bloomie will be on shortly…

show us the proof folks…

cmsinaz on July 23, 2012 at 7:07 AM

Bravo to Erika Johnsen!

I want Erika and the HotAir staff to know that we thoroughly enjoy all of Erika’s work on this site. She has been a consistently strong blogger from the start. Her articles always have an appropriate hint of wit/humor/sarcasm, they make excellent points/ask good questions, and are accessible and enjoyable to read.

When I see “Erika Johnsen” in the byline, I always make a point of reading the post. She is a fine talent, and her writing/blogging style is PERFECT for this format.

So, thank you, Erika, for keeping us informed and, at times, entertained!

bluegill on July 23, 2012 at 6:09 AM

I’m going to bookmark this comment so I can pull it up the first time Erika disagrees with something Romney has said or done, thereby sending the blue gilled one into attack mode by questioning Erika’s sanity, patriotism or even if she’s human.

You all know it will happen, it’s what hypocritical liars do.

#WAR

Flora Duh on July 23, 2012 at 7:07 AM

yeah baby :)

cmsinaz on July 23, 2012 at 7:06 AM

Heh…
I’m gettin’ shaved today

OmahaConservative on July 23, 2012 at 7:09 AM

the radicalization of the nra is fueling this gun control fight according to the mj talking head….

what an idiot…

cmsinaz on July 23, 2012 at 7:09 AM

OmahaConservative on July 23, 2012 at 7:09 AM

mrs OC is going to love it

cmsinaz on July 23, 2012 at 7:10 AM

cmsinaz on July 23, 2012 at 7:07 AM

So sick of the gun meme. Only look at Ill and Chicago…

OmahaConservative on July 23, 2012 at 7:10 AM

OmahaConservative on July 23, 2012 at 7:10 AM

exactly…

cmsinaz on July 23, 2012 at 7:12 AM

Is London going to be a big Bomb fest?

OmahaConservative on July 23, 2012 at 7:15 AM

Flora Duh on July 23, 2012 at 7:07 AM

Hey darlin’
I appreciate your yeoman trenchwork…

OmahaConservative on July 23, 2012 at 7:16 AM

show us the proof folks…

cmsinaz on July 23, 2012 at 7:07 A

They don’t need proof. With leftists, it only matters whether they’ll feel better for taking the emotional posistion. It shows how much they care!

Night Owl on July 23, 2012 at 7:16 AM

OmahaConservative on July 23, 2012 at 7:15 AM

that’s what I asked mr cms yesterday….I feel something is going to happen…

cmsinaz on July 23, 2012 at 7:17 AM

Night Owl on July 23, 2012 at 7:16 AM

indeed

cmsinaz on July 23, 2012 at 7:17 AM

that’s what I asked mr cms yesterday….I feel something is going to happen…

cmsinaz on July 23, 2012 at 7:17 AM

Hate to be a worrier, but…

OmahaConservative on July 23, 2012 at 7:18 AM

You all know it will happen, it’s what hypocritical liars do.

#WAR

Flora Duh on July 23, 2012 at 7:07 AM

Good thing Erika didn’t start before the primaries were over. I don’t think Romney would have been her first choice, in which case she would be suffering the wrath of the gilled one on a daily basis- LOL

Night Owl on July 23, 2012 at 7:19 AM

Night Owl on July 23, 2012 at 7:19 AM

LOZ1! Love your early morning rapier wit…

OmahaConservative on July 23, 2012 at 7:21 AM

Can I just mention again how much I love and revere my HA hottie conservative BABES???

OmahaConservative on July 23, 2012 at 7:24 AM

’72 Deja Vu? My take.

kingsjester on July 23, 2012 at 7:24 AM

show us the proof folks…

cmsinaz on July 23, 2012 at 7:07 AM

Let ‘em. The media and people like Bloomberg/Feinstein appear to be under the impression that only “right-wing nutjobs” cling to their guns and all liberals support gun-control. They are very much mistaken.

Flora Duh on July 23, 2012 at 7:27 AM

LOZ1! Love your early morning rapier wit…

OmahaConservative on July 23, 2012 at 7:21 AM

Sadly, I speak from experience. Erika did a really nasty, late hit on Newt, and I am still sort of holding that against her, even though I do like her writing, I won’t tell her that!

Night Owl on July 23, 2012 at 7:29 AM

BARF. Mika is really out of her mind. It will be delicious watching Elizabeth Warren lose.

Watch the replay of the first Moaning Joe hour and Boobinski blatantly roll her eyes directly into the camera when reporting Mitt Romney is leaving on a European trip. Such a b!tch.

Marcus on July 23, 2012 at 7:29 AM

Hey darlin’
I appreciate your yeoman trenchwork…

OmahaConservative on July 23, 2012 at 7:16 AM

Mornin’ OC. Thank you.

btw, IMHO Telly Savalas was sexy personified. :-)

Night Owl on July 23, 2012 at 7:19 AM

Yup. Remember when Ed announced he was supporting Rick Santorum? The verbal abuse she heaped upon him was cringe worthy.

Flora Duh on July 23, 2012 at 7:33 AM

’72 Deja Vu? My take.

kingsjester on July 23, 2012 at 7:24 AM

Great post, but it was 40 years ago, not 50.

Night Owl on July 23, 2012 at 7:33 AM

I don’t think I’ll leave the house today. It’s just too hot…

OmahaConservative on July 23, 2012 at 7:33 AM

Flora Duh on July 23, 2012 at 7:27 AM

i hear ya

Marcus on July 23, 2012 at 7:29 AM

unstinkingbelievable…she must of that it was awesome when dear leader went to germany in 08….

cmsinaz on July 23, 2012 at 7:37 AM

Flora Duh on July 23, 2012 at 7:33 AM

I do remember. Like you said, I don’t think Erika is out of the woods yet- LOL!

Night Owl on July 23, 2012 at 7:37 AM

I hate these excessive heat days with no rain…

OmahaConservative on July 23, 2012 at 7:38 AM

OFF TO VOTE TED CRUZ!

Remember Texans, polls open 7-7 all week for early voting.
Dewhurst would be a disaster. You know somethings up when I drove through a heavily Democratic area yesterday and saw Dewhurst signs everywhere. I have a feeling whoever the Democrat lib Senate candidate is, it’s a Hispanic and they would LOVE to run against that guy, and NOT Ted Cruz!

Marcus on July 23, 2012 at 7:38 AM

kingsjester on July 23, 2012 at 7:24 AM

they don’t call it londinistan for nothing…

good take…

cmsinaz on July 23, 2012 at 7:40 AM

Night Owl on July 23, 2012 at 7:19 AM

The funny thing about your comment is that you are apparently clueless about the fact that, had Erika been a very outspoken Romney supporter during the primaries, you self-awareness-lacking hypocrites would have been bashing her non-stop and calling her every name in the book. Ponder that for a while before you start slinging mud at other commenters over their enthusiasm.

The nasty vitriol I saw spewed at Romney supporters on this site in the last year made me sick to my stomach. Before I had an account here, I read these comments and saw the way some of you viciously and disgustingly attacked people like the nice, pro-Romney commenters like Sherry and petunia, for examples. After I signed up for my HotAir account, I decided to put some of you Mitt-bashing bullies in your place.

Anyway, Erika seems like a very intelligent person, and it wouldn’t surprise me at all if she had recognized, as did the primary voters, thankfully, that Romney was and is, by far, our best shot at winning this year. I mean, hello? Newt Gingrich? Rick “Oops!” Perry? It wasn’t a hard choice.

Regardless, Erika has done an admirable job on this site. It would be perfectly okay if she were to disagree with Romney here and there, but I can’t imagine she’d ever start rooting for Obama the way some of the deranged Mitt-bashers on here do, or that she’d engage in the kind of wishy-washy pessimism that characterizes much of Allahpundit’s work.

I am proud to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with people like Ed Morrissey, who know we must defeat Obama by electing Romney. Some of you may prefer to look back at primary season squabbles in this comment section, but I prefer to look forward to victory.

bluegill on July 23, 2012 at 7:40 AM

what an idiot…

cmsinaz on July 23, 2012 at 7:09 AM

It’s interesting. The NRA is out there defending the Second Amendment and somehow that is radical behavior. Yet, the ACLU making it harder and harder to protest state-sanctioned murder of unborn life is just “protecting the Constitution” and not radicalizing the abortion fight?

Do these idiots not see their own hypocrisy?

Happy Nomad on July 23, 2012 at 7:40 AM

bluegill on July 23, 2012 at 7:40 AM

Azzholes like you make me want to sit out the election…

OmahaConservative on July 23, 2012 at 7:44 AM

bluegill on July 23, 2012 at 7:40 AM

Wow. You are really special. (In the short bus sense of the word, I mean.)

Night Owl on July 23, 2012 at 7:45 AM

’72 Deja Vu? My take.

kingsjester on July 23, 2012 at 7:24 AM

I too remember it like it was yesterday KJ. I think it is terrible that the Olympic Committee won’t permit a moment of remembrance. We all know that if the roles had been reversed and it was the Israelis who had perpetrated the slaughter, we would be reminded of it constantly.

Like cmsinaz, I have an uneasy feeling about what might happen in London.

Flora Duh on July 23, 2012 at 7:46 AM

no joe this morning. mika in heaven. wish i could question her on the context of obamas, veins “spurting” blood, comment.

the stupidity of the propped up idiot never ceases to amaze me. yet the press obligingly photographs him carrying around some erudite tome.

total bs.

renalin on July 23, 2012 at 7:48 AM

That rustle you hear is coming from the White House. Practice bowing is second in the preferred presidential exercise only to golfing and head turning with the twin-TOTUS neck-exercise machines.

Don L on July 23, 2012 at 7:51 AM

Do these idiots not see their own hypocrisy?

Happy Nomad on July 23, 2012 at 7:40 AM

That was a rhetorical question, wasn’t it? The ACLU is suing the State of PA, saying that the new voter ID laws are going to keep over 1 million people from voting because they have NO ID. Who are these people? If you can count them, they must be identifiable in some way. They can’t be employed, they can’t be receiving any sort of benefits. I’m guessing if they have no ID, they are probably here illegally.

Night Owl on July 23, 2012 at 7:51 AM

Happy Nomad on July 23, 2012 at 7:40 AM

apparently not…
*shaking the head*

cmsinaz on July 23, 2012 at 7:53 AM

renalin on July 23, 2012 at 7:48 AM

yepper

cmsinaz on July 23, 2012 at 7:54 AM

How do you not have a valid ID in America?

OmahaConservative on July 23, 2012 at 7:55 AM

How do you not have a valid ID in America?

OmahaConservative on July 23, 2012 at 7:55 AM

THIS

boggles the mind….they talk about disenfranchising folks, if they are on any entitlement program, they need an ID…

cmsinaz on July 23, 2012 at 7:58 AM

Night Owl on July 23, 2012 at 7:51 AM

Mooch Obama had some sort of a public event a few weeks ago. Guess what you had to present to security in order to get into the event?

Happy Nomad on July 23, 2012 at 7:59 AM

Happy Nomad on July 23, 2012 at 7:59 AM

Exactly. I wonder if they had to turn in their cell phones as well. You also had to have ID to get into the NAACP convention.

Night Owl on July 23, 2012 at 8:01 AM

The mornig crew has not disappointed. You guys sweeten my coffee.

Just got back from catching bluegills (seriously) and catfish and riding jetskis in the Ozarks. I couldn’t catch a bass or a crappie to save me but, sheesh, the bluegills were jumpin’ onto the dock.

Fallon on July 23, 2012 at 8:06 AM

Fallon on July 23, 2012 at 8:06 AM

welcome back :)

cmsinaz on July 23, 2012 at 8:08 AM

cmsinaz on July 23, 2012 at 7:58 AM

I have to believe that if the Obama admin and the ACLU are so against AMERICAN CITIZENS presenting an ID at the polls, they must know there are illegal’s voting—and condone it.

Rovin on July 23, 2012 at 8:08 AM

Azzholes like you make me want to sit out the election…

OmahaConservative on July 23, 2012 at 7:44 AM

Wow. You are really special. (In the short bus sense of the word, I mean.)

Night Owl on July 23, 2012 at 7:45 AM

I don’t know what bluegill posted during the primary season, but judging from the comments here, I’m definitely going to side with him over you two jerks. (Oh, and Omaha? You kind of proved his point about Romney-haters irrationally putting their hatred of Romney above the need to boot Obama from office.)

CanofSand on July 23, 2012 at 8:09 AM

the bluegills were jumpin’ onto the dock.

Fallon on July 23, 2012 at 8:06 AM

Making a spectacle of themselves is the only way anyone will pay attention to them.

Nice to see you again Fallon.

Now, where’s the donuts? ;-)

Flora Duh on July 23, 2012 at 8:11 AM

Rovin on July 23, 2012 at 8:08 AM

agree with ya Rovin….

cmsinaz on July 23, 2012 at 8:13 AM

Now, where’s the donuts? ;-)

Flora Duh on July 23, 2012 at 8:11 AM

Donuts and bagels coming up! I’m beyond happy that the neighbor girl watered my garden for me. I didn’t lose anything! Oh, feel free to take a bag of tomatoes this morning, too.

Fallon on July 23, 2012 at 8:17 AM

bluegill on July 23, 2012 at 7:40 AM

Actually, some of us can carry more than one thought with us…one of the thoughts is how totally foolish you are, we all laugh at you.
As some one said, you are the mascot, the jester, you would be the water boy on for the third string.
But, having said that, I look forward to your posts…it reminds me of how people like Obama get elected, how we have ended up with runaway government spending, how stupid our foreign policy is, how broken our system is…because the U.S. if full of bluegill’s, I would not believe that if no for you posting, I would never believe someone could think as shallow as someone like you…but I fear (and with Pelosi, Reid, Obama, Schumer, etc) many, many do.
So you are the reminder, you are the cross and flowers on the side of the road marking the end of a life, you are the fender bender of life, that slows down the traffic…

right2bright on July 23, 2012 at 8:19 AM

CanofSand on July 23, 2012 at 8:09 AM

I don’t know what bluegill posted during the primary season

It might do you well to acquaint yourself with what she posted before jumping to her defense and criticizing others who have been on the receiving end of the blue gilled one’s vicious tirades for months. She was so harsh and over the top in her criticism of anyone who was not a Romney supporter she even disgusted other Romney supporters.

Since you’re not familiar with bluegill’s previous comments, it may interest you to know that she has proudly boasted that the only reason she signed up here was to ridicule and mock those who did not support Romney.

Flora Duh on July 23, 2012 at 8:20 AM

CanofSand on July 23, 2012 at 8:09 AM

Aren’t you embarrassed to admit you know nothing about something, and then comment on it anyway?

Night Owl on July 23, 2012 at 8:26 AM

But, having said that, I look forward to your posts… it reminds me of how people like Obama get elected, how we have ended up with runaway government spending, how stupid our foreign policy is, how broken our system is…because the U.S. if full of bluegill’s, I would not believe that if no for you posting, I would never believe someone could think as shallow as someone like you… but I fear (and with Pelosi, Reid, Obama, Schumer, etc) many, many do.

right2bright on July 23, 2012 at 8:19 AM

It is a scary and sobering reality that many (even on our side, if bluegill is real) treat elections as a silly popularity contest, a game.

Fallon on July 23, 2012 at 8:27 AM

Night Owl on July 23, 2012 at 8:26 AM

But I didn’t say I know “nothing” about it. I know that the two of you are jerks and that he isn’t being one here, and thus it’s safe to side with him here. Worst case scenario, I’ve sided with someone who was a jerk in the past against people that are being jerks now. I can live with that.

CanofSand on July 23, 2012 at 8:29 AM

Worst case scenario, I’ve sided with someone who was continues to be a jerk and hurts the Republican candidate who they profess to support in the past against people that are being jerks now. I can live with that.

CanofSand on July 23, 2012 at 8:29 AM

Whatevs. Need any tomatoes?

Fallon on July 23, 2012 at 8:36 AM

CanofSand on July 23, 2012 at 8:29 AM

I don’t know what bluegill posted during the primary season,

Let’s parse this. You said, “I don’t know”, which means you don’t know. If you meant to say you don’t know much, that would be different, but that isn’t what you said. In the future, you ought to try to express yourself more clearly.

Night Owl on July 23, 2012 at 8:37 AM

CanofSand, I’ve never seen you here before. Hmmm.

kingsjester on July 23, 2012 at 8:39 AM

Really? You’re seriously going to play word games now, Night Owl? How about before you “parse” my comment, we parse yours:

Now, what is the “something” there? What bluegill posted during the primary season. And what is the “it”? Well, convention would say it refers to that same something — but that’s not what I commented on. I commented on the fact that the two of you are being jerks, for lack of a better term.

“In the future, you ought to try to” not be an arrogant hack.

CanofSand on July 23, 2012 at 8:42 AM

“In the future, you ought to try to” not be an arrogant hack.

CanofSand on July 23, 2012 at 8:42 AM

You are really reaching. I have to say, I really don’t care whether you think I am being a jerk. If that makes me arrogant in your eyes, well, I can live with that.

Night Owl on July 23, 2012 at 8:46 AM

Oh, another senseless remark. You can’t parse my comment before I parse yours, cause I did it first. Why don’t you give it up? You are just making yourself look more stupid with each comment you make.

Night Owl on July 23, 2012 at 8:49 AM

Fallon: What in this thread would make you claim that he’s continuing to be a jerk?

kingsjester: If you’re going to call me a “sock puppet” or whatever it is you’re implying, just come out and do it. You’ll only look foolish after you search the site for my posts here. Romney wasn’t even my top choice.

CanofSand on July 23, 2012 at 8:50 AM

CanofSand on July 23, 2012 at 8:42 AM

Nevermind, no tomatoes for you. You are what you are accusing others of being.

Fallon on July 23, 2012 at 8:50 AM

Night Owl on July 23, 2012 at 8:49 AM

You really are all about the word games. Who bloody cares that you already supposedly “parsed” (in reality, twisted) my words? Do you have anything substantive to argue? You know, like I did where I showed that your characterization of my comments was groundless? Or are you just going to fling another meaningless insult?

CanofSand on July 23, 2012 at 8:53 AM

CanofSand on July 23, 2012 at 8:50 AM

Did I write the words “sock puppet”? I just said I had never seen you around before. Lord knows, I would not want to make any false accusations.

The fact that you are defending a poster who is quite unpopular, just added to the mystery.

kingsjester on July 23, 2012 at 8:54 AM

CanofSand on July 23, 2012 at 8:42 AM

As you said earlier, you don’t know what the blue gilled one posted during the primary season.

There’s something else you obviously don’t know – she set the parameters of how she’s treated here by the way she has treated others in the past and continues to treat others to this day.

Most here who were not Romney supporters in the past have accepted that he’s our nominee and will vote for him to get rid of Obama. I assure you that Night Owl and OmahaConservative are among them.

The comments you’re witnessing about the blue gilled one are part of a months long “game” for lack of a better word and bluegill plays it to the hilt.

You should have acquainted yourself with the rules of the game before coming in and trying to change them.

Flora Duh on July 23, 2012 at 8:56 AM

CanofSand on July 23, 2012 at 8:50 AM

I can’t do your homework for you. You’ve obviously jumped into something that you have no or limited knowledge about. In the process, you have insulted two great (funny and insightful) posters, OC and Night Owl.

Being what you might consider “chivalrous” towards the blue one will come back to bite you. Believe me, this isn’t the hill to die on. If you had any sense you would apologize and leave it at lesson learned.

Fallon on July 23, 2012 at 8:57 AM

Fallon on July 23, 2012 at 8:50 AM

I’m accusing others of being jerks. And any decent, moral person would agree that’s what they’ve been here with their unprovoked attacks. If you disagree, then I point you to the comments I quoted earlier of theirs. If you still disagree, then your moral judgments are poor. The only other accusation I made was in reference to certain Romney-haters putting hurting Romney above hurting Obama, and if you deny THAT is the case, then you’re just lying. Ignorance could also be an excuse, except you’re a Hot Air commenter of some frequency and I know you’ve seen it, if not posted it yourself. (I’m not besmirching all commenters here. I’m just saying they’ve seen it, just as I could say they’ve seen liberal trolls.)

CanofSand on July 23, 2012 at 8:59 AM

CanofSand on July 23, 2012 at 8:53 AM

At this point, I’m just screwing with you because you appear to be the type of person who is not to be taken seriously. And now I’m bored with it and will not respond to your idiocy at all. How arrogant is that?

Night Owl on July 23, 2012 at 9:01 AM

Romney wasn’t even my top choice.

CanofSand on July 23, 2012 at 8:50 AM

And if you had said that during the primary this is the type of response you would have gotten from the blue gilled one, as I did.

come November, you will vote for Romney, and you will like it.

bluegill on January 10, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Flora Duh on July 23, 2012 at 9:02 AM

I’m not blanket defending anyone. I’m attacking a certain behavior and attitude that should not be accepted, whether the people holding it are popular or not. The fact that you’re piling on me instead of saying “yeah, bluegill’s been bad in the past, but not here, so he’s got a point, turn the other cheek and all that” is actually quite sickening. I’ll grant you the “I’m bookmarking this so I can show it to you later” comment (assuming you lot are right about blue), but not the petty insults and the “people like you make me want to stay home and not vote” stuff (paraphrasing all these).

CanofSand on July 23, 2012 at 9:03 AM

This is very strange.

kingsjester on July 23, 2012 at 9:07 AM

CanofSand on July 23, 2012 at 9:03 AM

Here’s something else you don’t know. Last week the blue gilled one made a false accusation about me. I asked her 3 times to either prove it or issue a public apology. Guess what her response has been?

zilch – nada – nothing.

So yeah, I harbor ill-will against the blue gilled one who is a liar and a hypocrite. And I have the proof to back up that claim.

Flora Duh on July 23, 2012 at 9:09 AM

Night Owl on July 23, 2012 at 9:01 AM

And you guys say this one is popular? Why? Are you using the same standards that applied in those high school movies or something, where snobbery and bullying is “cool”?

kingsjester on July 23, 2012 at 9:07 AM

Yes, I suppose it is “strange” these days for someone on the Internet, or even offline, to take issue with people acting rudely to others. But it shouldn’t be. And it’s particularly sad that on a conservative blog it would be met with such a caustic response.

CanofSand on July 23, 2012 at 9:13 AM

CanofSand on July 23, 2012 at 9:13 AM

You want to see rudeness? Go to the Palin threads from last Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and read what the person you’re defending had to say to anyone who dared to disagree with her.

Then come back here and tell us the blue gilled one doesn’t give even more than she gets.

Flora Duh on July 23, 2012 at 9:18 AM

Flora Duh on July 23, 2012 at 9:18 AM

What’s the point? 1) It would be hypocritical for me to agree with you, what with the “turn the other cheek” reference I just made. I’ll admit that I’m a hypocrite, as all human beings are, but I’d at least like to attempt not to be one here. 2) Like I said, I’m okay with the “I’m bookmarking this” thing, which you posted, assuming you’re correct about bluegill being a scumbag. I take more issue with the “makes me want to stay home on election day” thing, which someone else posted.

CanofSand on July 23, 2012 at 9:26 AM

This is very strange.

kingsjester on July 23, 2012 at 9:07 AM

We live in strange times.

Night Owl on July 23, 2012 at 9:35 AM

CanofSand on July 23, 2012 at 9:26 AM

And as I said above, you haven’t been around when even ardent Romney supporters have said the same thing to her because of her over the top rhetoric and the way she abuses other posters here.

OC said this

Azzholes like you make me want to sit out the election…

OmahaConservative on July 23, 2012 at 7:44 AM

He didn’t say he WAS going to sit out the election and if you had been familiar with bluegill’s history here, or read any of OC’s other comments where he emphatically states that getting rid of the boy king is our top priority before automatically taking a side, you would have known what his intentions are.

Flora Duh on July 23, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Flora Duh on July 23, 2012 at 9:18 AM

Something tells me this newest of HA azzhat trolls has no interest in what’s been actually happening. It came here, combative out of the gate, defending one of the nastiest trolls HA has seen, insulting people who have proven their conservatism. Then it magically turns “you make me WANT to sit out the election” into the accusation of being “Romney-haters irrationally putting their hatred of Romney above the need to boot Obama from office” which we all know was NEVER said, and to top it off it cries “bullying!” I don’t comment here often but I know a CanofCrap when I see one.

shaloma on July 23, 2012 at 9:37 AM

kingsjester on July 23, 2012 at 8:54 AM

A Google advanced search will return CanofSand comments going back to December 2011. Not a lot of them, but they’re there.

DarkCurrent on July 23, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Flora Duh on July 23, 2012 at 9:36 AM

It’s almost like you’re splitting hairs, but the analogy is slightly off. I KNOW he didn’t say he WOULD sit out. You’ll notice that I took issue with him saying he WANTED to, not that he WOULD.

shaloma on July 23, 2012 at 9:37 AM

What’s with this “azz” stuff? You’re the second one in this thread doing this. Getting past a filter or something? Shouldn’t the existence of such a filter, if there is one, clue you in on why someone might take issue with your sort of attitude? Anyway, you prove my point. It’s ridiculous to call ME a “troll” for taking issue with rudeness instead of the people who were jerks in the first place – include bluegill in there if you want, but two wrongs don’t make a right and he wasn’t doing that here, anyway.

CanofSand on July 23, 2012 at 9:57 AM

You’ll notice that I took issue with him saying he WANTED to, not that he WOULD

Liar. What you said, available for everyone to see (and now bookmarked against your future lies) is:

Poor baby, my profanity hurts you, but not your lying and slandering people you don’t know? Don’t like “jerks” – don’t be one.

shaloma on July 23, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Flora Duh on July 23, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Just for grins, I went over to Town Hall to see if bluegill was being honest about her assertion that Erika was pro-Romney all the way through the primaries. There is absolutely no evidence of that on the site. I wonder where she got her “information”.

Night Owl on July 23, 2012 at 10:06 AM

CanofSand on July 23, 2012 at 9:57 AM

And you’re ignoring that other people, even those who have supported Romney from the beginning of the primaries, have stated the same thing to her.

I don’t understand why you have decided to latch onto one comment OC made to one of HA’s most detestable commenters, yet ignore that OC (and Night Owl) have emphatically stated they will vote against Obama in November.

But if that’s the route you choose to take, have at it. Just don’t be surprised when you’re met with resistance when you call 2 of HA’s most friendly and well-liked commenters “jerks” while defending one of HA’s most disliked commenters.

Flora Duh on July 23, 2012 at 10:11 AM

shaloma on July 23, 2012 at 10:05 AM

The bit you quoted doesn’t actually prove your point. (See, nothing in there can be honestly construed as meaning “I’m angry at you because you said you’re going to stay home on election day”. No, I’m frustrated at the notion that he could even WANT, or claim to want, to stay home.) Know what especially destroys your point? The bits you didn’t quote. Telling, that. Yet I’M the slanderer..

CanofSand on July 23, 2012 at 10:11 AM

CanofSand on July 23, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Are you familiar with the term “Moby” as it relates to internet forums?

Flora Duh on July 23, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Flora Duh on July 23, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Why can’t you just admit that those comments weren’t called for? Oh, that’s right – because you think they were, since they’re your political enemy or something. I’m not sure what you think you’re gaining by continuing to defend an attitude that is clearly against the ideals of your parents (most likely) tried to instill upon you.

Maybe you don’t think they’re a big deal in comparison to whatever was said to you before, but actually attacking a guy for daring to hold to a standard that was once (and will again be, I tell you) prevalent throughout society, if not in action all the time on the street, certainly still something almost all would at least say they’re striving for? (Oh, and FYI, did a little digging, and found that this isn’t the first time Night Owl and other “conservatives” have been contemptible jerks. The HA crowd really gets pretty disgusting to conservatives who dare disagree with them. But I’m sure it’s just the vocal minority.)

CanofSand on July 23, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Night Owl on July 23, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Other than a couple of comments she made against Gingrich, which I have forgiven her for ;-), I’ve never really known who Erika supported in the primary. Of course I never read alot of her work at Town Hall either so I guess that’s to be expected.

Flora Duh on July 23, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Flora Duh on July 23, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Are you saying bluegill is one? Because I don’t fit the definition, and his last post doesn’t either, nor does the one you quoted earlier (at least it didn’t seem to in the limited context given). A moby would be spouting out racist stuff and other filth to make us look bad. I don’t see that here.

CanofSand on July 23, 2012 at 10:24 AM