Quotes of the day

posted at 8:01 pm on July 20, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

An eager audience forgoing sleep to take in the midnight showing of “The Dark Knight Rises” instead were witnesses Friday to a bloody mass shooting at a suburban Denver movie theater. Police said a man clad in black threw a canister that spewed smoke before he opened fire. Witnesses said that at first, they thought it was a prank or a stunt. Then the gunman shot steadily at the audience, not speaking.

***

The man suspected in the mass shooting at an Aurora, Colorado, movie theater screening of the new Batman film early Friday had colored his hair red and told police he was “the Joker,” according to a federal law enforcement source with detailed knowledge of the investigation.

At least 12 people were killed in the rampage and 59 were wounded.

…Witnesses to the shooting described him as wearing a gas mask that concealed much of his face and head. But the federal law enforcement source’s information about the suspect’s appearance fits with a statement from New York Police Commissioner Ray Kelly, who was briefed by Colorado authorities Friday. …

Police say Holmes, 24, dressed head-to-toe in protective tactical gear, set off two devices of some kind before spraying the theater with bullets from an AR-15 rifle, a 12-gauge shotgun and at least one of two .40-caliber handguns police recovered at the scene.

***

Jordan told the paper that one girl was struck in cheek, others in stomach including a girl who looked to be around 9-years-old. …

“Like little explosions going on and shortly after that we heard people screaming,” he told the station. …

The youngest victim reported was a 6-year-old being treated at Children’s Hospital Colorado, where a total of six victims were taken. Their condition wasn’t known.

***

Now, even as we learn how this happened and who’s responsible, we may never understand what leads anybody to terrorize their fellow human beings like this. Such violence, such evil is senseless. It’s beyond reason. But while we will never know fully what causes somebody to take the life of another, we do know what makes life worth living. The people we lost in Aurora loved, and they were loved. They were mothers and fathers; they were husbands and wives; sisters and brothers; sons and daughters, friends and neighbors. They had hopes for the future, and they had dreams that were not yet fulfilled.

And if there’s anything to take away from this tragedy, it’s the reminder that life is very fragile. Our time here is limited, and it is precious. And what matters at the end of the day is not the small things, it’s not the trivial things, which so often consume us and our daily lives. Ultimately, it’s how we choose to treat one another and how we love one another.

***

“Our hearts break with the sadness of this unspeakable tragedy,” Romney said, according to a rush transcript. “Ann and I join the president and first lady and all Americans in offering our deepest condolences for those whose lives were shattered in a few moments, a few moments of evil, in Colorado. I stand before you today not as a man running for office but as a father and grandfather, a husband, an American. This is a time for each of us to look into our hearts and remember how much we love one another and how much we love and how much we care for our great country. There’s so much love and goodness in the heart of America.”

***

The telegenic schoolmarms we call pundits are all denouncing the politicization of the tragedy in Aurora, calling out the crass opportunists who would dare to use human suffering to advance their preferred public policy choices. I feel terrible about what happened in that movie theater, and I’m agnostic about gun control, but there is nothing wrong with politicizing tragedy.

The talking heads don’t like it, because they think of politics as a silly game about who sang out of tune and whose words can be used against them and whose surrogate undercut whose message, but politics is about life and death and human suffering. At least that’s what it should be about. …

…But politics matters, because policies matter. “Obamacare” and “gay marriage” are not just issues that might play badly with swing voters or turn the tide in Virginia; they’re issues that affect people’s lives. Gun control and the Second Amendment are issues, too, and now seems like a pretty good time to talk about them.

***

***

“Soothing words are nice,” Bloomberg said during a regularly scheduled appearance on WOR 710 AM in New York. “But maybe it’s time the two people who want to be president of the United States stand up and tell us what they’re going to do about it, because this is obviously a problem across the country. And everybody always says, ‘Isn’t it tragic?’”

“I mean, there’s so many murders with guns every day,” Bloomberg continued. “It’s just gotta stop. And instead of these two people, President [Barack] Obama and Governor [Mitt] Romney talking in broad things about, they want to make the world a better place. OK, tell us how. And this is a problem. No matter where you stand on the Second Amendment, no matter where you stand on guns, we have a right to hear from both of them, concretely, not just in generalities, specifically, what are they going to do about guns?”

***

The only fitting response to a terrible crime like this is silence or prayer. The idea that acts of mass murder reflect Hollywood violence is absurd; you can’t get more violent than King Lear. It’s true that guns are more convenient than hatchets as mass-murder weapons; they are also more convenient for self-defense. Defense and attack are generally on par in the long blood-stain of human history, and this is the wrong moment for political agitation for or against gun control. (If such laws really did “control” guns it might be different. But as matters stand, if we outlaw guns, we had better outlaw crime also.) A whole generation has been reared, in many parts of society, without the moral compass of biblical religion. Does that make any difference to the rate of violent crime? I don’t know and, again, this is the wrong moment to argue about it. In human life, savagery is a given. God knows we all wish it weren’t.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 9

Vegasrick, Ruger P95. 15+1. but against a body armored fool it’s all about ft/lbs. That’s the scary part. I’m a good shot, but damned, in a dark movie theatre filled with teargas or whatever? Body armor? It would have been damned near suicide to take him on. I would like to think that I would have, I know I would have. But I would have been crapping my pants wishing I had a .44mag.

wolly4321 on July 20, 2012 at 10:00 PM

I guess it’s a sunset as my monitor is West of me..:)

Electrongod on July 20, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Correct, I have mine facing West as usual. Reagan thing?

Bmore on July 20, 2012 at 10:02 PM

I’m not Agnostic on the Gun Issue!
I’m probably as Pro-Gun as they come.

But quit saying an armed civilian in that theater could have stopped this character.

1) he threw tear gas (or some sort of smoke grenades) making vision dificult
2) he was wearing Class 3 body armor with Throat and Crotch protecton

This guy was READY for an armed civilian and would have probably won the exchange had there been an armed civilian.

That Said;

And armed civilian would have very likely saved some of the victims by becoming the SOLE focus of the shooter’s attention for the time it took to eliminate the ‘threat’ giving others time to get out.

jaydee_007 on July 20, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Bad Moon Rising.

Bmore on July 20, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Nice Bad Ass moon rising there…

My window is to the East…

Electrongod on July 20, 2012 at 10:04 PM

OK, did it. Links aplenty. But — is there a reason you didn’t want to link anything? :)

Axe on July 20, 2012 at 9:54 PM

I never occurred to me that anyone here would be so demanding and lazy.

RasThavas on July 20, 2012 at 10:05 PM

Corporal Tunnel on July 20, 2012 at 9:59 PM

**blushing**

He does make it easy though.

Resist We Much on July 20, 2012 at 10:06 PM

wolly4321 on July 20, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Green laser, headshot. Gotta go. see you fine folks later.

VegasRick on July 20, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Per angrymikes request.

The Feral Irishman.

Bmore on July 20, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Correct, I have mine facing West as usual. Reagan thing?

Bmore on July 20, 2012 at 10:02 PM

I think so..

It’s Morning in America

But after today’s tragedy.
Mourning in America…

Electrongod on July 20, 2012 at 10:08 PM

I’m bored with liberals having free reign, being given room despite all their lies and slanders. Heck! Liberals have license here, when Conservatives have to watch their mouths all the time.

What is WRONG with the Admin around here, letting that happen?

I’m all for free speech, but free speech was not and is never meant to include license for anyone, especially when it favors one group over another.

If I, as a Conservative, lit off on an ex with the things Admin allows liberals, I’d be banned in a heartbeat. Yet, Admin here lets liberals off any possible hook no matter their slanders, no matter their lies.

I have seen Conservatives leave a site because liberals have made the place so miserable with the willing connivance of the Admin.

Really–for a site that claims to be Conservative, I see allowance for abuse, with impunity, perpetrated by liberals when we Conservatives always have to watch ourselves, be ‘mindful’.

Liam on July 20, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Electrongod on July 20, 2012 at 10:04 PM

4.13 % this evening.

Bmore on July 20, 2012 at 10:10 PM

jaydee_007 on July 20, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Agreed, plus he had leg armor, so it would’ve been a difficult take down, and probably why he used the gas as well. He also no doubt new that there was little likelihood anyone would be carrying, given the theatre’s no CC rules.

It was a very well planned and executed op. That said, if someone had had a 9MM and been able to fire at least 6 rounds into body mass, it would’ve thrown him to the floor, even with chest protection.

Then again, it’s easy to say and hard to do in the middle of chaos. That’s why our special forces train so hard, just for these situations.

TXUS on July 20, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Scene in the ABC newsroom early this morning:

News Director to interns: “We just got a doozy come across the wire. Gunman shot up a movie theater last night. Killed 14, bunch wounded. Suspect’s name is James Holmes. See what you can find about him.”

FIVE MINUTES LATER…

Intern 1: “Bingo! Ha! Got you, motherf**ker!”

Intern 2: “What is it?”

Intern 1: “Googled ‘Colorado Tea Party’. Check it out. A one ‘Jim Holmes’.”

Intern 2: “Hmm.. that’s Jim, not James.”

Intern 1: “Who gives a sh*t? It’s probably the same guy. Hello, tea party?”

Intern 2: “True. Go with it.”

somewhatconcerned on July 20, 2012 at 10:11 PM

wolly4321 on July 20, 2012 at 10:00 PM

You know, I’m not so sure. If I was behind him, without a gun and close enough, I probably could have took him down with my bare hands. What does he weigh? Probably a buck-forty tops. I’m 6’0″ 225. He’s wearing a gas mask and many pounds of Body Armor. His peripheral vision sucks and he wouldn’t have been as mobile. Yeah, I used to play Football too and that was a long time ago. Hopefully when I got him to the ground, other patrons would jump on him too, but you never know. I don’t think he stayed in front of everyone the whole time, but I wasn’t there. Yeah, saying what I said I would do and actually doing it when faced with that situation are 2 different things. I might not have had the balls and completely p***ed out, but if I thought I was going to die, I might not have cared.

All I’m saying is that maybe a firefight with the bastard would be a losing proposition, but a firefight isn’t the only option.

Corporal Tunnel on July 20, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Blue Moon.

Bmore on July 20, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Piers should stick to hacking cell phones.

xblade on July 20, 2012 at 10:12 PM

More Americans will buy guns after this, to defend themselves, and so the dangerous spiral descends. When/How will it stop?

I figure it stops when the attacker is dropped by a couple of well-placed rounds from an armed citizen. Probably.

I mean, it is the attacker who’s choosing to shoot people for the thrill of it, so presumably once he’s stopped, the killing stops.

Maybe Piers Anthony can explain why he’s so worried about guns in the hands of the people who aren’t shooting up movie theaters. Seems a bit misguided to me.

(More Guns, Less Crime)

tom on July 20, 2012 at 10:13 PM

(More Guns, Less Crime)

tom on July 20, 2012 at 10:13 PM

An armed society is a polite society.

Liam on July 20, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Liam on July 20, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Dang straight…

I could be wrong…*not the first time*
But some bigshots visit this site..
Rush…
Hannity…
Levin…
etc..

I never have heard any of these national voices mention what was commented in the threads when they mention it on the air…
But I think there are some listeners out there that get to a computer and visit this site to see what they have just heard..
What they see is us tearing a new a-hole in these trolls.

They see the fight…

It may help our cause…

Electrongod on July 20, 2012 at 10:16 PM

WHY are these MURDERERS and THEIR FAMILIES allowed to HIDE in the infrastructure of our society – and HIDE behind the WALLS that they Lob BOMBS FROM?!!!

I’m talking about THE MEDIA – Brian Ross and George Stephanopoulos and Their FAMILIES!!

I want Satellite Images of Their PRIVATE Homes and the Locations of their Children and Families Linked ALL over the Internet!!

I want the private CELL PHONE numbers of them and EVERY MEMBER OF THEIR FAMILY Published in Public Hundreds of TIMES!!

I want them DOGGED and HARASSED – the way the OWSers DOGGED and HARASSED people who Add Value TO SOCIETY!!

I want them DRAGGED OUT INTO THE STREET BY MOBS and given MOB JUSTICE!!!

I WANT THEM HELD ACCOUNTABLE AND PUNISHED!!!

williamg on July 20, 2012 at 10:16 PM

I never occurred to me that anyone here would be so demanding and lazy.

RasThavas on July 20, 2012 at 10:05 PM

Huh.

Well, now you know.

Axe on July 20, 2012 at 10:17 PM

The Moon Just Turned Blue.

Bmore on July 20, 2012 at 10:19 PM

B
Thanks

Cynccook
Sorry I had a call
no it’s the not at the IX, it’s the now down in willmington, or something of that nature, can’t remember the name, but I can get there……..hehe….. ;-)

angrymike on July 20, 2012 at 10:19 PM

He does make it easy though.

Resist We Much on July 20, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Took a while. :) In two volumes! And there were mostly naked British chicks in the video; i.e., I actually watched it.

Remind me not to p*** you off, btw. :)

Axe on July 20, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Huh.

Well, now you know.

Axe on July 20, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Shut up and get busy on that book :)

JPeterman on July 20, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Cynccook
Sorry I had a call

angrymike on July 20, 2012 at 10:19 PM

No problem. Have fun though! Are you going to buying, selling or just looking?

cynccook on July 20, 2012 at 10:22 PM

The Moon Just Turned Blue.

Bmore on July 20, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Nitty Gritty

Electrongod on July 20, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Corporate- I heard he was about 6’3″. Not a small dude.

wolly4321 on July 20, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Tunes never used to start this early…

OmahaConservative on July 20, 2012 at 10:23 PM

I’m trying to figure out why the Police are insisting the guy acted alone.

Didn’t he use Roads and Bridges to get to the theater?
Weren’t there teachers as UC Riverside and U of Co.

Hmmmmmmmm.

jaydee_007 on July 20, 2012 at 10:23 PM

@Bmore –

Hitler Finds Out He Didn’t Build The Nazi Party…

LOL

That poor video segment has been recycled a million times. I’ve got to do one. It’s like some kind or right-of-passage.

Axe on July 20, 2012 at 10:23 PM

I got this quote from TheFederalistPapers.org today.

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one.”

Cesare Beccaria, Essay on Crimes and Punishments, 1764

IOW: If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

INC on July 20, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Corporate- I heard he was about 6’3″. Not a small dude.

wolly4321 on July 20, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Well, that throws that theory out the window then.

Corporal Tunnel on July 20, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Well Dr. Gelerntner certainly knows better than most about violence done for ideology but it is wise not to do things in the heat of passion.

Cindy Munford on July 20, 2012 at 10:24 PM

It may help our cause…

Electrongod on July 20, 2012 at 10:16 PM

I really don’t think so any more.

The lies I have seen today, just over the shootings, as posted by liberals are appalling. And it’s not nipped in the bud.

While it’s said we are ‘doing fine on our own’, why should we have to see that in the first place? It’s not like liberals are making a debate, because they’re not. The liberals are slandering and abusing us, lying out the wazoo about us.

We have to suffer that crap?

I say NO!

Conservative enclaves are meant for Conservatives to have a peaceful place to discuss matters of the day. If liberals want to debate, fine. But it stops being a debate when lies and slanders are allowed.

Admin, in my view, is NOT giving us a nice place to gather in peace, like we want. Admin is failing us, in my view, by allowing liberals to do their vile things with impunity. We, on the other hand, always have to be mindful.

The Band Hammer, it seems, is not a menace to the liberals around here. It’s always on us.

Liam on July 20, 2012 at 10:25 PM

OmahaConservative on July 20, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Stay cool. I promised bazil9 I would make sure you stayed cool.

SparkPlug on July 20, 2012 at 10:25 PM

What they see is us tearing a new a-hole in these trolls.

They see the fight…

It may help our cause…

Electrongod on July 20, 2012 at 10:16 PM

Naah. If I had visited HA for the first time today in the Holmes thread, I would have thought “why the h would I want to be part of that C/F?”

What the troll defenders don’t see is the lost opportunity for more meaningful discussion to happen.

slickwillie2001 on July 20, 2012 at 10:25 PM

The link that B put up thread, feral Irishman, is the…
Hitler finds out he didn’t build the Nazi party parody, a friend made it up for me yesterday.
H/T Vegas rick, he brought it up, I asked someone to do it, everyone watch, I think we all need a laugh today……….

angrymike on July 20, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Moon Baby.

Bmore on July 20, 2012 at 10:27 PM

jaydee_007

Or he may have turned tail and ran when he realized it wouldn’t be the piece of cake he thought it would be. Wearing body armor and having the nerve to stand there while being fired upon by one or more armed civilians are two different things. Wearing body armor doesn’t mean you’re ready mentally for a gun fight.

xblade on July 20, 2012 at 10:27 PM

TXUS on July 20, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Tim Stanly, who is an expert on America and American History and writes for the UK Daily Telegraph, posted an excellent article on that same subject today.

He pointed out that to blame Americans and our culture and, in particular, our gun laws,for this violence, as some in Britain and Europe were trying to do, was ridiculous.

He reminded his readership that this sort of insanity is not exclusive to the United States, he cited Breivik in Norway, he mentioned a father who had slain his three children in the Shropshire hills in Britain with a knife and then killed himself by leaping from a cliff,he went on to include acts of terrorism like the 7/7 bombing in London, the ricin attack on the subway in Japan, the ongoing suicide bombings in Iraq. He pointed out that this is madness, it is evil, and it is universal.We can all think of other incidents of madmen slaughtering innocent people… because they ARE insane.

My point about Hollywood is that it wasn’t their intent to set off a nut. Literally anything could have triggered him. As to the anit-gun comments, if it hadn’t been a gun, he had explosives galore in his apartment. These madmen find a means. Hollywood has only responded to the market demands of their most lucrative demographic.

thatsafactjack on July 20, 2012 at 10:28 PM

When this clown goes to jail I hope his cell mate bubba dresses up as batman and humps this Joker dry 7 days a week.

SparkPlug on July 20, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Corporal Tunnel on July 20, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Daily Mail says they think he was on a pain med. They seem to have a bit of information on him there. Don’t have the link handy.

Just such a sickening thing. The value of life for so many today is nothing. Read the newspaper, eat a sandwich, kill somebody. No difference.
This guy should be hung. The needle is too good for him. He needs to be hanged by the neck until dead.

JellyToast on July 20, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Liam on July 20, 2012 at 10:25 PM

I hear ya..

Our best friend Canaphor was banned not too long ago..

When AP shows up…
Lets ask what the end game is for HA.
I would like to know also.

Electrongod on July 20, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Stay cool. I promised bazil9 I would make sure you stayed cool.

SparkPlug on July 20, 2012 at 10:25 PM

It’s gonna only be 103 tomorrow…

OmahaConservative on July 20, 2012 at 10:28 PM

An armed society is a polite society.

Liam on July 20, 2012 at 10:14 PM

These guys have a bunch of great quotes on the subject here.

cynccook on July 20, 2012 at 10:29 PM

I was thinking the man was probably another schizophrenic but doesn’t he seem way to organized for that?

Cindy Munford on July 20, 2012 at 10:29 PM

slickwillie2001 on July 20, 2012 at 10:25 PM

OK…

I will have to retract what I said earlier..

You guys make sense with your take on this..

Electrongod on July 20, 2012 at 10:30 PM

Cynccook
Oh I’m not gonna make this show, I go in the fall and winter. More ppl show up during that time. It looks like we will have some collectables to sell this fall, a nice ladies husband passed, so we are gonna try to sell his collection ……….

angrymike on July 20, 2012 at 10:30 PM

I’m not suggesting breaking the law, but perhaps my eyesight is poor on these public entities that post no carry signs. Either that, or I don’t patronize.

wolly4321 on July 20, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Moon over Miami.

Bmore on July 20, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Our best friend Canaphor was banned not too long ago..

Electrongod on July 20, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Canopfor was banned?

sharrukin on July 20, 2012 at 10:32 PM

jaydee_007 on July 20, 2012 at 10:02 PM

xblade on July 20, 2012 at 10:27 PM

He surrendered very quickly once the police came upon him, according to what I have seen. He didn’t want to die.

He probably is looking forward to being analyzed for the next twenty years, Jared Loughner style.

slickwillie2001 on July 20, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Shut up and get busy on that book :)

JPeterman on July 20, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Hi, JPeterman! I’m working on it!

Sheesh. Tough day. :)

Still have hooks out for The Battle of Athens, by the way. No joy, but I’ll leave them out indefinitely.

Axe on July 20, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Our best friend Canaphor was banned not too long ago..

Electrongod on July 20, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Canopfor was banned?

sharrukin on July 20, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Temp ban awhile back…

OmahaConservative on July 20, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Moon over Miami.

Bmore on July 20, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Had to crank up The Old Crank phonograph to listen to that…)

But the whole family huddled around the horn for a good listen..

Electrongod on July 20, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Howlin at the Moon.

Bmore on July 20, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Canopfor was banned?

sharrukin on July 20, 2012 at 10:32 PM

After posting too many links. The protest was huge and Ed let him come back.

JPeterman on July 20, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Canopfor was banned?

sharrukin on July 20, 2012 at 10:32 PM

You’re kidding right?

sandee on July 20, 2012 at 10:35 PM

But the whole family huddled around the horn for a good listen..

Electrongod on July 20, 2012 at 10:34 PM

LOL! Its a good one. ; ) Nice family activity.

Bmore on July 20, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Canopfor was banned?

sharrukin on July 20, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Banned with options..

An email conversation to AP…

Electrongod on July 20, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Our best friend Canaphor was banned not too long ago..

Electrongod on July 20, 2012 at 10:28 PM

What?

Axe on July 20, 2012 at 10:36 PM

My heart goes out to the parents that have lost their children. There is no greater pain.

Key West Reader on July 20, 2012 at 9:09 PM

I agree, I’m even feeling sorry for the killer’s family. So much promise that he erased last night, including his own. I can’t begin to imagine.

Cindy Munford on July 20, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Electrongod on July 20, 2012 at 10:28 PM

I left HA for a long time, because liberals had more freedom to spew than Conservatives had liberty to speak honestly.

I see that Admin hasn’t changed a thing.

Liberals can lie all they want. But if a Conservative gets frustrated with that, the conservative gets a private email of warning to watch his mouth.

Far as I’m concerned, Conservatives have all right to a peaceful place to gather. Liberals are fine, until they start lying like crazy.

Then, sadly, liberals get a free pass all the time, even here.

Liam on July 20, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Canopfor was banned?

sharrukin on July 20, 2012 at 10:32 PM

While you were gone. But it’s okay, we baked him a cake with a file in it. :D

cynccook on July 20, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Our best friend Canaphor was banned not too long ago..
Electrongod on July 20, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Canopfor was banned?

sharrukin on July 20, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Temp ban awhile back…

OmahaConservative on July 20, 2012 at 10:34 PM

What? For what?

AllahsNippleHair on July 20, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Key West Reader on July 20, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Cindy Munford on July 20, 2012 at 10:36 PM

How sweet, motherly and caring of both of you. Thanks for caring as moms…

OmahaConservative on July 20, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Cindy Munford on July 20, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Yes, ma’am. Curiouser and curiouser. And revolting.

kingsjester on July 20, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Our best friend Canaphor was banned not too long ago..

Electrongod on July 20, 2012 at 10:28 PM

When? Why?

Geeze Louise…he was one of the good guys around here, Canuck and all…

coldwarrior on July 20, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Canopfor was banned?

sharrukin on July 20, 2012 at 10:32 PM

After posting too many links. The protest was huge and Ed let him come back.

JPeterman on July 20, 2012 at 10:34 PM

What a load of crap. His links add to the story.

AllahsNippleHair on July 20, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Cindy Munford on July 20, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Yep. The parents will spend the rest of their life wondering what they did wrong, if anything.

slickwillie2001 on July 20, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Cynccook

angrymike on July 20, 2012 at 10:30 PM

Yeah. I see that it will be back at the I-X in October. Maybe I’ll bring my Dad up. If so, we’ll have to find you and say “Hi!”

cynccook on July 20, 2012 at 10:39 PM

That was my point. I don’t know what crawled up new aesthetics’ big butt.

AllahsNippleHair on July 20, 2012 at 9:06 PM

…I’m trying to catch up on threads (had router problems)…but page one has me looking at two people I never thought would throw tomatoes at each other…are there any cops around?… geeze never thought these two would see who could pee farther!(ca..can…can’t we get along?)

KOOLAID2 on July 20, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Canopfor is still here, he got a spankin for to many o/T’s
he wasn’t happy, but is still with is…….;-D

angrymike on July 20, 2012 at 10:39 PM

We’ve had some particularly ugly Trolls agitating today.

kingsjester on July 20, 2012 at 10:40 PM

After posting too many links. The protest was huge and Ed let him come back.

JPeterman on July 20, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Thats just silly.

While you were gone. But it’s okay, we baked him a cake with a file in it. :D

cynccook on July 20, 2012 at 10:37 PM

I guess he was able to escape then!

Trolls get free reign and they ban him for links?

sharrukin on July 20, 2012 at 10:40 PM

These guys have a bunch of great quotes on the subject here.

cynccook on July 20, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Liberals, like other criminal victimizers, have a hard time against someone who is able to make a real, solid, and deadly defense when menaced.

Liam on July 20, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Cindy Munford on July 20, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Not just his poor parents; everyone who knew him will be asking themselves “What if…what could I have done differently?” The little 3-month old was released from the hospital today, at least.

cynccook on July 20, 2012 at 10:41 PM

That was my point. I don’t know what crawled up new aesthetics’ big butt.

AllahsNippleHair on July 20, 2012 at 9:06 PM

KOOLAID2 on July 20, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Read ahead. We’re baking cookies together now.
A hard day and I think I might have offended him.

AllahsNippleHair on July 20, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Is=us

Cynccook
we will be there, we rent tables, I’ll let you know where we are located ……..;-)

angrymike on July 20, 2012 at 10:42 PM

So why are we not blaming Obama and his Hollywood pals for this massacre of innocent people ?

burrata on July 20, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Whoa..

I should have added more to my post about the outcome of Canaphor..
My bad..

But still..

Why would Canaphor get the ban hammer for brushing to rules but the trolls get away with far worse?

Electrongod on July 20, 2012 at 10:45 PM

After posting too many links. The protest was huge and Ed let him come back.

JPeterman on July 20, 2012 at 10:34 PM

What kind of links? I post a lot of links.

I try to post stuff that’s relevant or an OT link in a thread that’s winding down. But sometimes I just plop something OT right in the middle of an active thread.

davidk on July 20, 2012 at 10:45 PM

cynccook on July 20, 2012 at 10:41 PM

You never know what is true while things are still happening but I had read earlier that the 3 months old hospitalization was just precautionary and that it was wounded. I guess between the gas and the loud noise it is better to check everything out.

Cindy Munford on July 20, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Liam on July 20, 2012 at 10:41 PM

LOL I like these two: The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes. The response time of a .357 magnum is 1400 feet per second.

If you carry a gun, people may call you paranoid. That’s ridiculous. If you have a gun, you have no reason to be paranoid.

cynccook on July 20, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Relax. canopfor is back. The ban is lifted…

OmahaConservative on July 20, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Canaphor was banned? That’s just wrong. Terrific posts.

I agree we have some issues. The trolls here are media matters sounding boards. I can go to any other site and read the same tripe word for word.

That’s just the trolls.

I don’t come here for them. I come here for everybody else. Good people. New cat toys are a dime a dozen. Get rid of them when they get borish.

wolly4321 on July 20, 2012 at 10:46 PM

burrata on July 20, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Because we tend to blame toe perpetrator?

Cindy Munford on July 20, 2012 at 10:46 PM

You guys know Canopfor is probably sound asleep right now, he was up all night posting links to the shooting……….
Our northern brother, is one hell of a guy………………:-)

angrymike on July 20, 2012 at 10:46 PM

It’s the main reason so many of the good, long time posters are no longer here. At some point, the frustration of dealing w/ the trolls does you in and you end up saying something borne of that frustration. Allowing them as much freedom as they have doesn’t make for a better site that isn’t an echo chamber, it just keeps down in-depth and more interesting discussions. This site should be better than this, especially with the callibur of contributors and and hard work done by Ed and Allah.

di butler on July 20, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Looks like I’ve hurt Bathtub Boy’s widdle feelings by comparing Brian Ross to him.

@FloraDuh1

It’s really sad to see @ABC’s @BrianRoss, who I once thought of as a trusted reporter, stoop to the level of @KeithOlbermann

@KeithOlbermann

@FloraDuh1 Please keep your crazy conspiracy theories to yourself. The only fight to take this nation is by the rich candidates you support

@FloraDuh1

@KeithOlbermann Saying @BrianRoss had stooped 2 your level of accusing the Tea Party of crimes without proof is a “crazy conspiracy theory?”

@FloraDuh1

@KeithOlbermann Need proof Keith? Here it is: http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/302352

Flora Duh on July 20, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Electrongod on July 20, 2012 at 10:45 PM

“fairness”

Liam on July 20, 2012 at 10:46 PM

slickwillie2001 on July 20, 2012 at 10:39 PM

A guy goes that wrong because his mind is sickened. Moms and dads can twist things up, apparently — but … this is more than some screwed up guy. This is disease.

Axe on July 20, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Cindy Munford on July 20, 2012 at 10:45 PM

The youngest victim was a precious little 6 year old girl.

kingsjester on July 20, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Liam on July 20, 2012 at 10:36 PM

+100

Electrongod on July 20, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Full Moon On Main Street

thatsafactjack on July 20, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Who killed Mr Moonlight?

Bmore on July 20, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Electrongod on July 20, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Everyone will catch up. :)

Axe on July 20, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Read ahead. We’re baking cookies together now.
A hard day and I think I might have offended him.

AllahsNippleHair on July 20, 2012 at 10:41 PM