Quotes of the day

posted at 8:01 pm on July 20, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

An eager audience forgoing sleep to take in the midnight showing of “The Dark Knight Rises” instead were witnesses Friday to a bloody mass shooting at a suburban Denver movie theater. Police said a man clad in black threw a canister that spewed smoke before he opened fire. Witnesses said that at first, they thought it was a prank or a stunt. Then the gunman shot steadily at the audience, not speaking.

***

The man suspected in the mass shooting at an Aurora, Colorado, movie theater screening of the new Batman film early Friday had colored his hair red and told police he was “the Joker,” according to a federal law enforcement source with detailed knowledge of the investigation.

At least 12 people were killed in the rampage and 59 were wounded.

…Witnesses to the shooting described him as wearing a gas mask that concealed much of his face and head. But the federal law enforcement source’s information about the suspect’s appearance fits with a statement from New York Police Commissioner Ray Kelly, who was briefed by Colorado authorities Friday. …

Police say Holmes, 24, dressed head-to-toe in protective tactical gear, set off two devices of some kind before spraying the theater with bullets from an AR-15 rifle, a 12-gauge shotgun and at least one of two .40-caliber handguns police recovered at the scene.

***

Jordan told the paper that one girl was struck in cheek, others in stomach including a girl who looked to be around 9-years-old. …

“Like little explosions going on and shortly after that we heard people screaming,” he told the station. …

The youngest victim reported was a 6-year-old being treated at Children’s Hospital Colorado, where a total of six victims were taken. Their condition wasn’t known.

***

Now, even as we learn how this happened and who’s responsible, we may never understand what leads anybody to terrorize their fellow human beings like this. Such violence, such evil is senseless. It’s beyond reason. But while we will never know fully what causes somebody to take the life of another, we do know what makes life worth living. The people we lost in Aurora loved, and they were loved. They were mothers and fathers; they were husbands and wives; sisters and brothers; sons and daughters, friends and neighbors. They had hopes for the future, and they had dreams that were not yet fulfilled.

And if there’s anything to take away from this tragedy, it’s the reminder that life is very fragile. Our time here is limited, and it is precious. And what matters at the end of the day is not the small things, it’s not the trivial things, which so often consume us and our daily lives. Ultimately, it’s how we choose to treat one another and how we love one another.

***

“Our hearts break with the sadness of this unspeakable tragedy,” Romney said, according to a rush transcript. “Ann and I join the president and first lady and all Americans in offering our deepest condolences for those whose lives were shattered in a few moments, a few moments of evil, in Colorado. I stand before you today not as a man running for office but as a father and grandfather, a husband, an American. This is a time for each of us to look into our hearts and remember how much we love one another and how much we love and how much we care for our great country. There’s so much love and goodness in the heart of America.”

***

The telegenic schoolmarms we call pundits are all denouncing the politicization of the tragedy in Aurora, calling out the crass opportunists who would dare to use human suffering to advance their preferred public policy choices. I feel terrible about what happened in that movie theater, and I’m agnostic about gun control, but there is nothing wrong with politicizing tragedy.

The talking heads don’t like it, because they think of politics as a silly game about who sang out of tune and whose words can be used against them and whose surrogate undercut whose message, but politics is about life and death and human suffering. At least that’s what it should be about. …

…But politics matters, because policies matter. “Obamacare” and “gay marriage” are not just issues that might play badly with swing voters or turn the tide in Virginia; they’re issues that affect people’s lives. Gun control and the Second Amendment are issues, too, and now seems like a pretty good time to talk about them.

***

***

“Soothing words are nice,” Bloomberg said during a regularly scheduled appearance on WOR 710 AM in New York. “But maybe it’s time the two people who want to be president of the United States stand up and tell us what they’re going to do about it, because this is obviously a problem across the country. And everybody always says, ‘Isn’t it tragic?’”

“I mean, there’s so many murders with guns every day,” Bloomberg continued. “It’s just gotta stop. And instead of these two people, President [Barack] Obama and Governor [Mitt] Romney talking in broad things about, they want to make the world a better place. OK, tell us how. And this is a problem. No matter where you stand on the Second Amendment, no matter where you stand on guns, we have a right to hear from both of them, concretely, not just in generalities, specifically, what are they going to do about guns?”

***

The only fitting response to a terrible crime like this is silence or prayer. The idea that acts of mass murder reflect Hollywood violence is absurd; you can’t get more violent than King Lear. It’s true that guns are more convenient than hatchets as mass-murder weapons; they are also more convenient for self-defense. Defense and attack are generally on par in the long blood-stain of human history, and this is the wrong moment for political agitation for or against gun control. (If such laws really did “control” guns it might be different. But as matters stand, if we outlaw guns, we had better outlaw crime also.) A whole generation has been reared, in many parts of society, without the moral compass of biblical religion. Does that make any difference to the rate of violent crime? I don’t know and, again, this is the wrong moment to argue about it. In human life, savagery is a given. God knows we all wish it weren’t.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 9

off the rails

Slade73 on July 20, 2012 at 9:09 PM

According to Twitchy, the leftists are now blaming Bass Pro Shops for the shooting…I thought it was James Holmes.

d1carter on July 20, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Many of you know me and many of you don’t.

I think that we should imagine the pain of the mothers and fathers and sisters and brothers and aunts and uncles and cousins that lost loved ones in this tragedy.

My heart goes out to the parents that have lost their children. There is no greater pain.

Key West Reader on July 20, 2012 at 9:09 PM

d1carter on July 20, 2012 at 9:09 PM

He bought a gun there. Next, they will go after the steel company that made the gun.

AllahsNippleHair on July 20, 2012 at 9:11 PM

AllahsNippleHair on July 20, 2012 at 9:04 PM

the new aesthetic on July 20, 2012 at 9:05 PM

If one of you is the other’s sock puppet, this is the weirdest breakdown I’ve ever seen.

Axe on July 20, 2012 at 9:11 PM

think somebody became a little lady today and needs some Midol.

AllahsNippleHair on July 20, 2012 at 9:07 PM

A pox on you and your four inch peenis. Apologies to the girls who were desperate enough.

the new aesthetic on July 20, 2012 at 9:11 PM

It will never stop until bad guys cease to exist you dumbass (Piers).

racquetballer on July 20, 2012 at 9:12 PM

slickwillie2001 on July 20, 2012 at 9:05 PM

It goes much deeper than just a desensitization to violence. That’s just a consequence. Because if it can be attributed to Hollywood’s irresponsibility, ask yourself this: What prevented the writers and producers of the 1940′s from doing the same thing?

Cleombrotus on July 20, 2012 at 9:12 PM

I’ve liked you, in the past Allahs Nipple Hair. But you scorned me, recently, and I do not forget. You pubic hair.

the new aesthetic on July 20, 2012 at 9:12 PM

what gives Piers Morgan legitimacy? Is it his gig on Britain’s Got Talent, or the gravity of his British accent?

or is CNN retarded?

Slade73 on July 20, 2012 at 9:12 PM

AllahsNippleHair on July 20, 2012 at 9:04 PM
the new aesthetic on July 20, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Axe on July 20, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Like I said, I have no idea what is going on with that one.

And, I agree with KWR. We should also commend the police. I’m sure it was not easy going through that crime scene.

AllahsNippleHair on July 20, 2012 at 9:13 PM

AllahsNippleHair on July 20, 2012 at 9:11 PM

I think he drove a Prius…

Maybe not…
But I am stating it anyway…

Electrongod on July 20, 2012 at 9:13 PM

Foo Fighters – Best Of You

I’ve got another confession to make!

the new aesthetic on July 20, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Don’t get your knickers in a twist, Piers. If you like gun control so much, move to NYC, or better yet, Jolly Old England, where only criminals have guns.

What a maroon.

hillbillyjim on July 20, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Unfortunately for Piers the folks in the UK have also been known to kill and maim with knives, broken glass, used needles</a and… Actually just google "U.K." & "knife crime" and you'll get the general gist. Fortunately the overall population of the U.K. is completely unarmed, so that makes it pretty straightforward for the bad guys to slaughter them.

cynccook on July 20, 2012 at 9:14 PM

It’s already political.

Ban. Guns. Now. will be preached for weeks.

JPeterman on July 20, 2012 at 9:00 PM

That’s what they were hoping to use the Martin-Zimmerman incident for an excuse to restrict law abiding citizens 2nd Amendment rights.

They don’t get that everyone has caught on to their script. We can write the dialog ourselves now. It goes like this: Tighter gun controls would have stopped this tragedy. No it wouldn’t if someone wants a gun and they can’t buy one legally, they will find a way to get their hands on one illegally. Meanwhile just like locks on doors, and noisy alarms, gun restrictions keep the honest people honest.

Dr Evil on July 20, 2012 at 9:14 PM

the new aesthetic on July 20, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Get help. Or at least post what malady I bestowed upon you, nutjob.

AllahsNippleHair on July 20, 2012 at 9:14 PM

He was interviewed today, said he received a number of death threats. It sounds like some lawyers are already on the case. I hope they go after Ross and ABC.

idesign on July 20, 2012 at 8:56 PM

Brian Ross is a malicious bastard. He even acknowledged at the time he made his remarks that he wasn’t sure Jim Holmes the Tea Party member was the guy, but mentioned his name anyway, putting an innocent man’s life at risk. I guess what was important to him was smearing the Tea Party, and not reporting the facts. ABC News should be sued for millions.

Reggie1971 on July 20, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Foo Fighters – Best Of You

I’ve got another confession to make!

the new aesthetic on July 20, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Hi there. How are things? Seems like you’re never here for very long!

cynccook on July 20, 2012 at 9:15 PM

Get help. Or at least post what malady I bestowed upon you, nutjob.

AllahsNippleHair on July 20, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Go phuck yourself, pu$$y.

the new aesthetic on July 20, 2012 at 9:15 PM

AllahsNippleHair on July 20, 2012 at 9:11 PM

I think he drove a Prius…

Maybe not…
But I am stating it anyway…

Electrongod on July 20, 2012 at 9:13 PM

He couldn’t find a job.
He couldn’t afford a Volt.
I see, EG.

AllahsNippleHair on July 20, 2012 at 9:15 PM

Hi there. How are things? Seems like you’re never here for very long!

cynccook on July 20, 2012 at 9:15 PM

Hello precious. Not bad, not good. Just fighting with people that I agree on almost everything with.

the new aesthetic on July 20, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Get help. Or at least post what malady I bestowed upon you, nutjob.

AllahsNippleHair on July 20, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Don’t take it too personally. Sometimes our dear friend likes to have a drink or five before he winds up here for the evening. :D He’s actually a real sweetheart.

cynccook on July 20, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Get help. Or at least post what malady I bestowed upon you, nutjob.

AllahsNippleHair on July 20, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Go phuck yourself, pu$$y.

the new aesthetic on July 20, 2012 at 9:15 PM

I don’t have a dog in this race, but maybe you guys should cool it because I think the banhammer may be swinging after this exchange.

Corporal Tunnel on July 20, 2012 at 9:18 PM

or is CNN retarded?

Slade73 on July 20, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Piers Morgan is a scumbag. For your reading pleasure….

Editor sacked over ‘hoax’ photos…..
Daily Mirror editor Piers Morgan has been sacked after the newspaper conceded photos of British soldiers abusing an Iraqi were fake.

JPeterman on July 20, 2012 at 9:18 PM

the new aesthetic on July 20, 2012 at 9:16 PM

So you’ve been doing the whole ‘early to bed, early to rise’ thing lately, I think. I don’t usually make it before you’re already gone! But I have to wait until all the small people are in bed, you know? How are your gorgeous pooches?

cynccook on July 20, 2012 at 9:18 PM

cynccook on July 20, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Ain’t no sweet-heart at the moment. Needs to ease off a bit. Some of that is starting to walk up to the edge.

Axe on July 20, 2012 at 9:19 PM

JPeterman on July 20, 2012 at 9:18 PM

All right, Peterman. Are you ignoring me or something? :(

cynccook on July 20, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Cleombrotus on July 20, 2012 at 9:12 PM

A sense of propriety.

An ability to fashion words into vistas that required no CAD or flashy special effects.

An abhorrence of actual violence. Hitchcock said something about the deepest sense of terror is not what is on the movie screen but what exists in the mind of the viewer. Not even in Psycho ( I know, a bit later than the 40′s) there was no actual portrayal of stabbings in the shower scene…a shadow approaching, a knife, a horrified face, running water and a good bit of Hershey’s chocolate syrup rolling down the drain.

Actual plot lines and character development.

(And yes, there was that Hays Commission and Motion Picture Code thingie…)

coldwarrior on July 20, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Get help. Or at least post what malady I bestowed upon you, nutjob.

AllahsNippleHair on July 20, 2012 at 9:14 PM

cynccook on July 20, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Fantastic. Thank you, cyn.
And, Corporal Tunnel, please read up thread and see where this started. I’m just trying to figure out wtf is figging him out.

AllahsNippleHair on July 20, 2012 at 9:21 PM

He couldn’t afford a Volt.
I see, EG.

AllahsNippleHair on July 20, 2012 at 9:15 PM

No job huh….
Now he doesn’t need one.
We will be paying for his housing, food and healthcare…

Electrongod on July 20, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Axe on July 20, 2012 at 9:19 PM

He’ll stop. :)

cynccook on July 20, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Sorry, I haven’t read all of the posts, but I have a question:
I heard today on the radio that the POS is going to have all flags flown at half mast tomorrow in honor of those killed in Aurora, CO today? Question, isn’t the half mast reserved for special people such as military, etc………? Just asking…..

sicoit on July 20, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Press conference going on now. Chief of police made sure to mention how many guns he bought, where he bought them, how many rounds he bought on the internet. If they can’t get the guns, they’ll go after the ammo. Watch for ammo sales on the internet to be banned.

TxAnn56 on July 20, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Axe on July 20, 2012 at 9:19 PM

He’ll stop. :)

cynccook on July 20, 2012 at 9:21 PM

I won’t retort again because I don’t want the new aesthetic to get banned. Thanks again, cyn.

AllahsNippleHair on July 20, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Corporal Tunnel on July 20, 2012 at 9:18 PM

After the outrageous trollery that went on in the Holmes threads today, I don’t think anyone will ever be banned.

slickwillie2001 on July 20, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Axe and Allahsnipple hair, bygones. I like to drink.

the new aesthetic on July 20, 2012 at 9:25 PM

coldwarrior on July 20, 2012 at 9:20 PM

All very good points, I must admit. The “soil” if you will of the human heart at that time seemed to be much deeper, wouldn’t you say? Even in the audiences, no?

Cleombrotus on July 20, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Sorry, I haven’t read all of the posts, but I have a question:

sicoit on July 20, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Naw, that was how it used to be. These days they fly half-mast when your pet goldfish dies.

In fairness, though, there were some service members in the theater that were shot today, I believe they all survived, though.

Corporal Tunnel on July 20, 2012 at 9:26 PM

slickwillie2001 on July 20, 2012 at 9:25 PM

It’s almost like they tolerate the trolls because they drive up the comment count, but regular people won’t get the same consideration I’ll bet.

cynccook on July 20, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Axe and Allahsnipple hair, bygones. I like to drink.

the new aesthetic on July 20, 2012 at 9:25 PM

If I vexed you earlier, TNS, I do apologize. It’s been a hard day and a lot of words were thrown. Cheers.

AllahsNippleHair on July 20, 2012 at 9:28 PM

All right, Peterman. Are you ignoring me or something? :(

cynccook on July 20, 2012 at 9:20 PM

No, just busy trying to get my real work done and playing cowboy at the same time.

JPeterman on July 20, 2012 at 9:28 PM

JPeterman on July 20, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Ahhhh. You’re not getting tired of Fred already, are you?

cynccook on July 20, 2012 at 9:29 PM

sicoit on July 20, 2012 at 9:21 PM

New Jersey did it for Whitney Houston…

Colorado is a swing state..

America We Thrive tee shirts a comin’

Electrongod on July 20, 2012 at 9:29 PM

AllahsNippleHair on July 20, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Good on you, Allah’s. He’s usually a good read.

Cleombrotus on July 20, 2012 at 9:29 PM

I just read that the number killed is different than what is being reported.
Why would they do that? If indeed they are. The source is pretty reliable though.

ORconservative on July 20, 2012 at 9:30 PM

TxAnn56 on July 20, 2012 at 9:22 PM

I noticed that, too, and don’t forget his mention of the multi-round clips, another thing the left has always wanted to target.

That said, I thought this Chief of Police handled himself quite professionally and didn’t give up shit to the media on things that could later jeopardize the prosecution.

TXUS on July 20, 2012 at 9:31 PM

The MSM doesn’t want to find the ’cause’ for this. They want only to assign blame, and only to Conservatives. For them, they don’t want it to be anything else, and the truth be damned.

Liam on July 20, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Cheers.

AllahsNippleHair on July 20, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Cheers, and I apologize for my earlier rants.

the new aesthetic on July 20, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Perhaps we should all be banned and start over. Or we could listen to this lovely tune. Under the moon.

Bmore on July 20, 2012 at 9:33 PM

AllahsNippleHair on July 20, 2012 at 9:28 PM

I shall henceforth think of you as “High Road Guy.” :D

cynccook on July 20, 2012 at 9:33 PM

TxAnn56 on July 20, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Google no longer lists local gun shops in their search engine, according to a news report last week.

Liam on July 20, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Going to a gun show tomorrow. Going to drop off a check at the NRA booth.

tom daschle concerned on July 20, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Ahhhh. You’re not getting tired of Fred already, are you?

cynccook on July 20, 2012 at 9:29 PM

No way can I ever get tired of Comrade Fred. I never knew horses could have such great personalities.

JPeterman on July 20, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Cheers, and I apologize for my earlier rants.

the new aesthetic on July 20, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Ahhhh….there’s my good boy. :D Thanks for not making me look like a doofus for saying that you are sweet! :D

cynccook on July 20, 2012 at 9:35 PM

AllahsNippleHair on July 20, 2012 at 9:28 PM

I shall henceforth think of you as “High Road Guy.” :D

cynccook on July 20, 2012 at 9:33 PM

If I was high road, I wouldn’t have engaged. But, I’m part swine and like to get into the mud. I know TNA is a good egg, he’s just having a bad day.

AllahsNippleHair on July 20, 2012 at 9:36 PM

It’s only a paper moon.

Bmore on July 20, 2012 at 9:38 PM

excerpt: Erika Johnsen

The absence of a recognition of God, makes these kind of actions much easier for an individual to purport.

listens2glenn on July 20, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Going to a gun show tomorrow. Going to drop off a check at the NRA booth.

tom daschle concerned on July 20, 2012 at 9:34 PM

When I was a little girl my Dad used to take me with him to the Ohio Gun Collectors gun shows at the Swiss Club in Canton. It was so cool.

cynccook on July 20, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Fly me to the moon
Let me swing among those stars
Let me see what spring is like
On Jupiter and Mars
In other words, hold my hand
In other words, baby, kiss me

Fill my heart with song
Let me sing forever more
You are all I long for
All I worship and adore
In other words, please be true
In other words, I love you

Why don’t you fill my heart with song?
Let me swing forever more
Because you are all I long for
All I worship and I adore
In other words, please be true
In other words
In other words, I, I love, you

Axe on July 20, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Cheers.

AllahsNippleHair on July 20, 2012 at 9:28 PM
Cheers, and I apologize for my earlier rants.

the new aesthetic on July 20, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Happy ending, good. It was kinda fun to watch you two though.

VegasRick on July 20, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Ahh, gun control…… The left gives us, no morals, no religion and a I’m out for myself attitude. Then when this happens its our fault, from the TEA party to Bass pro shops……. I have owned many many guns over the years, probably in the hundreds, I’ve bought and sold, but never has anyone knocked on my door to ask me who I sold one to because it was used in a crime. Why blame the gun seller or gun manufacturer ? Why don’t you these ppl look around, it’s the fault of the society that the left has wanted, now they have it, look in the mirror Bloomy and Morgan, this is the society your ppl wanted, not ours…………..

angrymike on July 20, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Maybe 9mm+p isn’t enough. I keep picturing rounds bouncing off as I face an AR.

wolly4321 on July 20, 2012 at 9:42 PM

purport.

listens2glenn on July 20, 2012 at 9:39 PM

… it would have to be “perpetrate.” “Purport” goes a little sideways on you.

Axe on July 20, 2012 at 9:42 PM

I think the real hero of Colorado is a young man by the name of Jarell Brooks who stopped and helped a young woman with a baby and a four year old, after the “baby daddy” left said infant crying on the floor because he thought the crying would draw attention to him. He left his own child and bolted to safety. Jarell, a total stranger, came by and helped the mom and kids get out, taking a bullet in the process.

RasThavas on July 20, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Cheers.

AllahsNippleHair on July 20, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Cheers, and I apologize for my earlier rants.

the new aesthetic on July 20, 2012 at 9:32 PM

That’s better, now I won’t have to pull over.

Rio Linda Refugee on July 20, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Going to drop off a check at the NRA booth.

tom daschle concerned on July 20, 2012 at 9:34 PM

*uptwinkles*

Axe on July 20, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Axe and Allahsnipple hair, bygones. I like to drink.

the new aesthetic on July 20, 2012 at 9:25 PM

AllahsNippleHair on July 20, 2012 at 9:25 PM

We are all on the same team.

Corporal Tunnel on July 20, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Moonlight Serenade

JPeterman on July 20, 2012 at 9:43 PM

I’d like to address the issue of Hollywood and violence.

Some people have suggested that Hollywood should take responsibility for the violent content of its films and television programing.

While it has always been true that there has been violence suggested or depicted in film and television, and, for that matter literature and theater, and even cave paintings, there has been increasing volume and degree of violence in the entertainment industry.

Hollywood is involved in what is correctly termed SHOW BUSINESS. Note the word ‘BUSINESS’. Film and television producers react to the demand for content. They respond to the market. Their world is driven by demographics, particularly the 14-24 year old male demographic that will pay to see these action/fantasy films. This is the single demographic determined to spend the most on entertainment. The only real exception would be families during the Holidays.

Comedies, overall, have been performing poorly in terms of box office and overall profitability. Particularly when compared to these ‘summer block busters’ like the super hero franchises. Action/fantasy/adventure films.

Television has fared even worse. For instance, television sit-coms have been on life support for years. Reality shows have taken over a huge share of the market as well as procedural programing.

Does Hollywood ( film and television development and production) bear some responsibility for the content available in film and television? Absolutely.

Hollywood has long argued and prided itself, on having the ability to ‘inform’ public opinion and guide the direction of our culture.

When something like this awful tragedy occurs, Hollywood cannot reasonably then declare that they had nothing to do with it.

Most of the people in Development in Hollywood these days, those who hear the pitches from writers and buy the scripts, are in their 20′s an 30′s. Why? Because Hollywood is youth driven, in the belief that it is the younger consumer who will spend the most on their products, whether that be films, downloads, merchandise, etc. This youth oriented culture permeates every sector of the industry.

In the final analysis, Hollywood didn’t set this heinous act in motion. Hollywood certainly didn’t encourage this violence intentionally and certainly didn’t intend this tragedy. Even if the delusional, crazed individual who perpetrated these acts saw the Batman films, the comic books, graphic novels, etc, have been around for decades.

thatsafactjack on July 20, 2012 at 9:43 PM

RasThavas on July 20, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Link?

Axe on July 20, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Cynccook
I still belong to OGCA, there is a show this weekend…….

angrymike on July 20, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Maybe 9mm+p isn’t enough. I keep picturing rounds bouncing off as I face an AR.

wolly4321 on July 20, 2012 at 9:42 PM

My Sprigfield XDM 9mm is awesome.

VegasRick on July 20, 2012 at 9:44 PM

JPeterman on July 20, 2012 at 9:35 PM

LOL So true! We had a pony when I was little who had a strange personality. She would let us up on her back, carry us to the farthest end of the paddock and then dump us off. Then she would run back to the barn and smile. She would genuinely grin at how funny she thought she was.

cynccook on July 20, 2012 at 9:46 PM

thatsafactjack on July 20, 2012 at 9:43 PM

I agree. I think the same thing applies to hip-hop music. It’s a reflection of the culture.

Corporal Tunnel on July 20, 2012 at 9:46 PM

Cynccook
I still belong to OGCA, there is a show this weekend…….

angrymike on July 20, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Is it at the I-X Center? We’ve gone to a couple of those, but my Dad doesn’t like it there.

cynccook on July 20, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Amore’

Bmore on July 20, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Cheers.

AllahsNippleHair on July 20, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Cheers, and I apologize for my earlier rants.

the new aesthetic on July 20, 2012 at 9:32 PM

That’s better, now I won’t have to pull over.

Rio Linda Refugee on July 20, 2012 at 9:42 PM

But I have to peeeeeeeee!!!!! :P

AllahsNippleHair on July 20, 2012 at 9:48 PM

That’s better, now I won’t have to pull over.

Rio Linda Refugee on July 20, 2012 at 9:42 PM

Darn.

I was hoping you would..
Gotta stretch my legs and drain something…

Electrongod on July 20, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Come fly with me, let’s fly, let’s fly away
If you can use some exotic booze
There’s a bar in far Bombay
Come on and fly with me, let’s fly, let’s fly away

Come fly with me, let’s float down to Peru
In llama land there’s a one-man band
And he’ll toot his flute for you
Come on fly with me, let’s take off in the blue

Once I get you up there where the air is rarefied
We’ll just glide, starry-eyed
Once I get you up there I’ll be holding you so near
You may hear all the angels cheer ’cause we’re together

Weather-wise it’s such a lovely day
Just say the words and we’ll beat the birds
Down to Acapulco Bay
It’s perfect for a flying honeymoon, they say
Come fly with me, let’s fly, let’s fly away

[Instrumental]

Once I get you up there where the air is rarefied
We’ll just glide, starry-eyed
Once I get you up there I’ll be holding you so very near
You may even hear a whole gang cheer ’cause we’re together

Weather-wise it’s such a cool cool day
You just say those words and we’ll beat the birds
Down to Acapulco Bay
It’s so perfect for a flying honeymoon, oh babe

Come fly with me, let’s fly, let’s fly
Pack up, let’s fly away!!
And don´t tell your mamma!!

Axe on July 20, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Hannity is interviewing a girl that threw the fire alarm as she ran out. I don’t think it stopped the loon, but hopefully, people realized a little sooner that something was wrong.

AllahsNippleHair on July 20, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Link?

Axe on July 20, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Just do a search. “Jarell Brooks Colorado Batman” and you will have links aplenty.

RasThavas on July 20, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Corporal Tunnel on July 20, 2012 at 9:26 PM

New Jersey did it for Whitney Houston…

Colorado is a swing state..

America We Thrive tee shirts a comin’

Electrongod on July 20, 2012 at 9:29 PM

Yup, that’s what I thought. It never ceases to amaze me how this POS in OUR house has totally destroyed and spit on everything that we have eternally held dear. *spit*

sicoit on July 20, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Amore’

Bmore on July 20, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Axe on July 20, 2012 at 9:51 PM

I am pleased to announce that, after a hiatus, Yeastie Noyz has returned to the ebony screen of PHUP and is now starring in:

Broad Brushes Paint Wide Swaths

M2RB: Louis XIV

“You like me! You really, really like me!”

Yeastie Noyz, accepting his “Squirrel!!!” for Best Hypocrite from the Academy of Progressive Blamers, Shifters, Frauds, Liars, “Move along, folks, there’s nothing to see here” Automatons, and Dolts. He was presented his award by last year’s winner, Lucky Pierre, who won for Dances With Dunces.

Resist We Much on July 20, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Cajun Moon.

Bmore on July 20, 2012 at 9:52 PM

But I have to peeeeeeeee!!!!! :P

AllahsNippleHair on July 20, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Get the milk jug and wait ’til we stop for gas.

Rio Linda Refugee on July 20, 2012 at 9:53 PM

O/T:

AllahsNippleHair

I hate to say this, but I will, your name, ALLAHSNIPPLEHAIR just make me go UGH and shake! I guess I have a visual or something. I do love your comments though….just had to tell you that. Carry on! :)

sicoit on July 20, 2012 at 9:54 PM

RasThavas on July 20, 2012 at 9:51 PM

OK, did it. Links aplenty. But — is there a reason you didn’t want to link anything? :)

Axe on July 20, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Liam on July 20, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Not surprising. They’ll have a special logo for some composer’s 151st birthday whom you’ve never heard of, but God knows they can’t do anything for Easter. And for Memorial Day, they had a tiny flag. Communists.

TxAnn56 on July 20, 2012 at 9:54 PM

look in the mirror Bloomy and Morgan, this is the society your ppl wanted created, not ours…………..

angrymike on July 20, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Cleombrotus on July 20, 2012 at 9:54 PM

But I have to peeeeeeeee!!!!! :P

AllahsNippleHair on July 20, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Get the milk jug and wait ’til we stop for gas.

Rio Linda Refugee on July 20, 2012 at 9:53 PM

AllahsNippleHair on July 20, 2012 at 9:54 PM

O/T:

AllahsNippleHair

sicoit on July 20, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Thank you.

AllahsNippleHair on July 20, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Get the milk jug and wait ’til we stop for gas.

Rio Linda Refugee on July 20, 2012 at 9:53 PM

And if we get pulled over for speeding?
Do I just hand the milk jug to the cop?

Electrongod on July 20, 2012 at 9:56 PM

TxAnn56 on July 20, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Google: Safe for America but having nothing to do with the Democrat Party–we swear!

Liam on July 20, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Thank you.

AllahsNippleHair on July 20, 2012 at 9:55 PM

*blush* ;)

sicoit on July 20, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Harvest Moon.

Bmore on July 20, 2012 at 9:56 PM

… If Hollywood bears any responsibility, that responsibility is peripheral and purely due to a saturation of violent, special effects rich films and programming meant to appeal to a core demographic. If the public rejected this programming and content, the film and television industry, the BUSINESS in SHOW BUSINESS would immediately respond and move to provide the type of content audiences and consumers demanded.

thatsafactjack on July 20, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Hollywood bears no responsibility at all. Guns bear no responsibility at all. Video games bear no responsibility at all. The shooter’s family or neighbors bear no responsibility at all. Society bears no responsibility at all. The laws bear no responsibility at all. Even the government bears no responsibility at all.

No one but this evil, whack-job savage is responsible, PERIOD.

TXUS on July 20, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Resist We Much on July 20, 2012 at 9:52 PM

It was a well-deserved award, Yeasty worked hard for it. It was it’s magnum opus.

Corporal Tunnel on July 20, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Harvest Moon.

Bmore on July 20, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Nice sunset…

Well..
I guess it’s a sunset as my monitor is West of me..:)

Electrongod on July 20, 2012 at 9:59 PM