Quotes of the day

posted at 10:01 pm on July 19, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

***

The Mitt Romney who spoke in Bowling Green, Ohio, on Wednesday wasn’t robotic or stilted. Speaking without a teleprompter, he paced the stage, jabbing at the air with an index finger, shirtsleeves rolled up, surrounded on all sides by an amped-up crowd. There seemed to be a new fire in his belly, an unaccustomed passion. For Romney’s stumbling campaign, an adrenaline injection may have come from the most unexpected precinct: the famously uninspiring candidate himself. …

“What he’s saying,” Romney told the crowd in Bowling Green, “is that if someone has succeeded, if they built something, he’s saying they didn’t really build it — no, it was the government, it was the government that takes responsibility. So for the student in school that works hard to get on the honor roll, that’s not really them — it was their teacher that did that, and the government that paid for it. And if somebody came here across the border legally and brought their family seeking a better life, their success is not due to them — no, no, they didn’t build it; the government gets credit for that. And if a person in their job says, ‘You know what, I’m going to work hard an get more skills, and I got a promotion’ — that promotion, oh by the way, that’s not yours, that’s thanks to government. That’s where this leads.”

It was the vehemence with which Romney delivered these lines that was surprising — a forcefulness usually absent from his bland recitation of a stump speech calculated first and foremost to offend as few people as possible. By (arguably) dissing free enterprise, Obama, it seems, struck at the core of Romney’s being, arousing at long last the passion beneath his buttoned-up exterior.

***

Mitt Romney made an impromptu swing by a Massachusetts body shop Thursday afternoon to again hammer President Obama over the president’s suggestion last week that the success of private enterprises in the United States were dependent on public infrastructure and programs. …

It wasn’t a gaffe. It was instead his ideology,” Romney said. …

“The president does, in fact, believe that people who build enterprises like this really aren’t responsible for it,” Romney said. “But in fact it’s a collective success of the whole society that somehow builds enterprises like this. My view, we have to celebrate people who started enterprises and employ other people.” …

“If you attack success, you’ll continue to see what we’ve seen over these past three and a half years, and that’s less success … I don’t think the president by his comments suggests an understanding of what makes America such a great nation,” Romney said.

***

I think Obama has made the gaffe of the year when he said if you created a business, you didn’t build it. That phrase, ‘you didn’t build it’ should be hung around Obama until the end of his presidency.

I read the totality of the statement and it’s worse if you read it all. Essentially, he has a view that is antithetical to view that the majority of the Americans have, which is that enterprise, initiative of the markets are what drive American wealth and excellence and achievements. Government is parasitic on that and lives off the excess wealth in the form of taxation.

Obama has view at the heart of American excellence and achievement is government. not enterprise. And I think what Romney ought to do is take the headline in today’s lead editorial in the Wall Street Journal, ‘Solyndra versus Staples.’ And he has to have a simple slogan, Romney, which is, ‘Obama and his administration gave you Solyndra, using your money incidentally. I and my colleagues in the free enterprise system gave you Staples with all the jobs and all the wealth and all the accrued wealth it gave to the foundations with the pension and the universities that invested with us in those enterprises.’

***

***

These defining moments take hold most devastatingly when they confirm what a large portion of the electorate already believes. Taken alone, it seems unfair that a single moment, an unguarded remark or a slip of the tongue can carry such weight. They’re often dismissed as “gotcha” moments, but when voters are able to nod and say, “I knew it,” these moments stick and do terrible damage. We have witnessed such a moment.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

I am watching “Trading Places” on HBO and the little light bulb went on when this scene came on:

where Randolph & Mortimer Duke settle their bet on Billy Ray and Louis.

This is how the leader of the Choom Gang views EVERYONE in business. Given the people who sponsored him in Chicago and his Attorney General, he feels anyone with a business has been “helped” and has no room to complain now that it is his turn to “take”.

PolAgnostic on July 19, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Resist We Much on July 19, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Thanks for those stories from real life. Our local paper had a letter in it today from a dentist describing all the hard work he and his wife had to do to get where they are now. In the final sentence he asks if the president wants to come over and kick the dog,too,

esr1951 on July 19, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Good Night Flora, Pleasant Dreams.

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 11:56 PM

“It wasn’t a gaffe. It was instead his ideology,” Romney said.

This has to pounded home day in and day out until November…

… then explain to the recently graduated what ‘ideology’ is.

Seven Percent Solution on July 19, 2012 at 10:21 PM

A minor but somewhat important point you make, 7%. That is, and though I am the biggest fan of big words, you should only use them when it is appropriate to the venue (like here!).
On the stump, though, vocabulary words, “SAT” words in other words, are rarely every called for. You really do have to dumb down your talk to a lower denominator, or you may appear stilted and pedantic. Unfortunately, Romney tends to use too many big words. It’s difficult for some to dumb it down. And more important is that Romney appears natural, so he shouldn’t worry about dumbing it down if that’s too much trouble.

anotherJoe on July 19, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Do we have any more Friday the 13th’s before the election????

JPeterman on July 19, 2012 at 11:38 PM

I’m unsure, but I think that there might be a “triple witching hour” before then and, of course, Michael Myers could make an appearance on Halloween and drop an October surprise!

Thanks for posting those. I think all Americans feel the same way. What an insult to our Country and it’s people that B.O. made. Perhaps Romney needs to see these comments. On second thought, as many other Americans as possible need to see them. Talk radio could make good use of them also.

bluefox on July 19, 2012 at 11:38 P

Do you know what the journalists reaction was to the 4 (there may have been more, but I only have those)?

According to John Nolte:

Did the very same media that pretend to fight for the “little guy” ask these small business owners logical questions such as, “How will ObamaCare affect your company?” “How would raising taxes by not re-upping the Bush tax cuts affect you?”

No, of course not. The media doesn’t want to hear the answers.

So what did the media ask? Four questions were asked. One was on topic and another was about a potential VP pick. But two of them — Garrett Haik of NBC News and Sarah Boxer of PBS — asked about Romney releasing his tax returns.

**eyeroll**

Resist We Much on July 19, 2012 at 11:57 PM

“It wasn’t a gaffe. It was instead his ideology,” Romney said.

True….a “gaffe” doesn’t go on and on for paragraphs.

“A gaffe is when a politician tells the truth – some obvious truth he isn’t supposed to say.”

- Michael Kingsley

Resist We Much on July 20, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Gonna duck out for a while too. I have some time tonight. I’m going to work on digs for Axe. A single page, minimalist or something. Is “white on white” even possible? Resist is all inspiring. I dunno why. Best not to think too deeply. Anyway, just shout or beep or something, brb, etc.

Axe on July 20, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Romney needs to ask those voters – if Obama is so big on sharing the wealth why haven’t they received theirs, and who exactly has been the recipient of the “Obama money”.

batterup on July 19, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Yes! Ask “where’s your redistribution $?”
Most haven’t received squat, except perhaps food stamps. It’s been a scam to grow govt and enrich Obama’s friends and campaign donors.

anotherJoe on July 20, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Resist We Much on July 20, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Truth was spoken that day….
America was told to Shut The F Up….

Now Nov. will be the response…

Electrongod on July 20, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Yes! Ask “where’s your redistribution $?”

anotherJoe on July 20, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Don’t forget the free Obama cell phones for his peeps.

TxAnn56 on July 20, 2012 at 12:05 AM

More French (good video)

jaime on July 20, 2012 at 12:05 AM

I cannot help the feeling that Obama’s “You didn’t do that” statement was a more below the belt comment to Mitt than the “He’s possibly a Felon” statement.

Mitt has taken this one personally and he’s actually revealed the REAL Mitt to the public for the first time since before 1994.

If he keeps it up he may discover that he will have the same effect that Reagan did by being who he really was.

jaydee_007 on July 20, 2012 at 12:07 AM

McCain’s insistence on getting militarily involved in not just Iraq and Afcrapistan, but each and every ‘Arab Spring’ uprising, which we know have been and continue to be orchestrated by the Muslim Brotherhood, coupled with his recent vehement slams against Michelle Bachmann for her asking the State Dept. to look into Huma Abedin’s major famliy connections with the Muslim Brotherhood is really starting to reek to Allah. What the heck is going on with John McCain as the new champion for the Muslim Brotherhood???

RasThavas on July 20, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Now Nov. will be the response…

Electrongod on July 20, 2012 at 12:04 AM

I had a “Remember in November” bumpersticker leftover from 2010 and slapped that sucker on the other day. I’d like to put an uber anti-Obama one on but I have to be careful for work and I also don’t want my tires slashed.

TxAnn56 on July 20, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Axe on July 19, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Thanks Axe. You read a lot don’t you?

Bmore on July 20, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Italian

jaime on July 20, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Page not found.

JPeterman on July 19, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Try this

workingclass artist on July 20, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Later Axe.

Bmore on July 20, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Amen. Romney needs to hang this around Obama’s neck from now to Election Day. I think Romney can bury Obama with this.

BuckeyeSam on July 20, 2012 at 12:09 AM

The best radio station here in STL has a show on Sunday called Music From the Hills.

I’m certain that aside from the dj and his mother I might be one of three listeners. I love it.

tom daschle concerned on July 19, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Sounds interesting. I like to listen to music from other areas.

Spent some time last year around the Springfield area. Visited Branson and surrounding areas. I really liked it, beautiful country. The rocks that just pop up was something I’d never seen before:-) Good food too!!

bluefox on July 20, 2012 at 12:09 AM

‘Nite Axe

jaime on July 20, 2012 at 12:10 AM

but I have to be careful for work and I also don’t want my tires slashed.

TxAnn56 on July 20, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Being a small business owner….
I say,….

[Beep]

OK….

I say FUBO…

I am OK having to replace my tires….
But there is a limit….

FUBO!
And the followers..

Electrongod on July 20, 2012 at 12:11 AM

RasThavas on July 20, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Those are really good questions, too bad Hotair has been silent, especially on the Bachmann/McCain dust up.

JPeterman on July 20, 2012 at 12:12 AM

jaydee_007 on July 20, 2012 at 12:07 AM

I’m hoping that the One’s “you didn’t build that” will have the reverse effect of Reagan’s “I’m paying for this microphone” moment. Reagan’s was a game changer. This may be 2012′s.

TxAnn56 on July 20, 2012 at 12:13 AM

German

jaime on July 20, 2012 at 12:14 AM

How long before someone/group “hacks” the obamanation’s personal crackberry?…

Gohawgs on July 20, 2012 at 12:14 AM

‘Nite all. Pleasant dreams. Keep up the good fight et déchirer les têtes des bâtards!!!

Resist We Much on July 20, 2012 at 12:16 AM

How long before someone/group “hacks” the obamanation’s personal crackberry?…

Gohawgs on July 20, 2012 at 12:14 AM

No one wants anything to do with his crack [barry]

Well…

There is Hollywood…

Electrongod on July 20, 2012 at 12:16 AM

WHATEVER the reason for Romney’s hair being on fire, I sure hope it lasts into November…

Gohawgs on July 20, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Resist We Much on July 20, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Take care..

See you in the fields tomorrow..

Electrongod on July 20, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Axe on July 20, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Somebody mentioned liking Russian (I’m assuming Pre-Stanlinist) Art

So I had to post that…Malevich did this…and it’s a classic of Constructivism

Stalin banned his art…Stalin was a murderous bastard

workingclass artist on July 20, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Resist We Much on July 20, 2012 at 12:16 AM

‘Nite Resist We Much

jaime on July 20, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Electrongod on July 20, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Other than Sinclair and Bwany Fwank, me neither. However, his blackberry (racist?) could be a treasure trove of information…

Gohawgs on July 20, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Good Night Resist We Much , Pleasant Dreams.

Bmore on July 20, 2012 at 12:19 AM

However, his blackberry (racist?) could be a treasure trove of information…

Gohawgs on July 20, 2012 at 12:18 AM

So…
Private sector….
Produces sling…

Give them more rope I say..

Electrongod on July 20, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Greek

jaime on July 20, 2012 at 12:21 AM

batterup on July 19, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Some PAC in MI is running ads here pointing out that Obama’s stimulus money has been going to all of the Green Energy companies who are run by Obama bundlers.

I think we are going to be very entertained by these outside groups this year.

karenhasfreedom on July 20, 2012 at 12:22 AM

How long before someone/group “hacks” the obamanation’s personal crackberry?…

Gohawgs on July 20, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Done.

“Reggie, M’s asleep, snoring, OMG. Mt at pool. Nothing on. Bring blow.”

TXUS on July 20, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Russian

jaime on July 20, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Russian

jaime on July 20, 2012 at 12:27 AM

I’m finally caught up.; )

Bmore on July 20, 2012 at 12:29 AM

According to John Nolte:

No, of course not. The media doesn’t want to hear the answers.

**eyeroll**

Resist We Much on July 19, 2012 at 11:57 PM

So out of touch. No compassion or empathy. You are right, they don’t want to hear the answers because they really don’t even care.
The more they support B.O., the more they become like him.

bluefox on July 20, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Give them more rope I say..

Electrongod on July 20, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Normally I would load a Clash tune to go with that comment. Its International Night so I’ll hold off. Although they are English. ; )

Bmore on July 20, 2012 at 12:32 AM

I’m finally caught up.; )

Bmore on July 20, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Alright! I hope you enjoyed them.

We haven’t heard from bazil9 for an hour. Did she leave without saying good night? Or did I just miss it?

jaime on July 20, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Justin Sink

“It wasn’t a gaffe. It was instead his ideology,”

A multifaceted attack. This plus six other main topics. Stay on topic Romney. Its not about you, its about him and the devastation he has caused. He is the amateur.

Bmore on July 20, 2012 at 12:35 AM

I think Obama has made the gaffe of the year when he said if you created a business, you didn’t build it. That phrase, ‘you didn’t build it’ should be hung around Obama until the end of his presidency life.

Hoodini and RobbingHood, all in one, s/b mocked so long as he lives.

Schadenfreude on July 20, 2012 at 12:36 AM

jaime on July 20, 2012 at 12:34 AM

I have enjoyed them very much indeed. A wonderful change of pace. bazil9 is still around I think. She may be getting ready for her reunion and such.

Bmore on July 20, 2012 at 12:37 AM

I’m going to stick this one in just for fun.

jaime on July 20, 2012 at 12:37 AM

It was not a gaffe. It’s his belief, or his malintent toward the stupid masses, with the media supporting such deceit and charlatanry.

Schadenfreude on July 20, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Theos an einai

sharrukin on July 20, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Hoodini and RobbingHood, all in one, s/b mocked so long as he lives.

Schadenfreude on July 20, 2012 at 12:36 AM

I will have no thought of him, once he is gone, he will not enter my mind again. He will have no more of it.

Bmore on July 20, 2012 at 12:39 AM

I’m going to stick this one in just for fun.

jaime on July 20, 2012 at 12:37 AM

One evening you should think about doing primitive. Drums and such.

Bmore on July 20, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Union Break Time.

Bmore on July 20, 2012 at 12:42 AM

RasThavas on July 20, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Surely not. I have it on good authority he was endorsed in his re-election bid by a much loved former VP candidate. He must be squeaky clean.

a capella on July 20, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Hello all
So you guys think the new Romney will bury,Bari??????
Nope, Bari is burying himself ……hehe………;-D

angrymike on July 20, 2012 at 12:47 AM

CHARLES KRAUTHAMMER

Don’t have to read or watch this. Kraut is correct. Biggest gaff of the season. Sure it 0 though and through, but the first go round they were better at concealing it. The mask is completely off. This one statement will prove to be his ultimate undoing. 0 is done! No if ands or buts. It will happen. The American people don”t like this one bit.

Bmore on July 20, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Bmore
What was the union joke for ……huh, I’m gonna sick Bishop’s pals on ya……..;-)

angrymike on July 20, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Angrymike!

So you guys think the new Romney will bury,Bari??????
Nope, Bari is burying himself ……hehe………;-D

A rotting fish samich could dang near beat him at this point. Its less a Romney win then it is a 0 loss.

Bmore on July 20, 2012 at 12:49 AM

One evening you should think about doing primitive. Drums and such.

Bmore on July 20, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Yeah, they have them on youtube. Maybe I will.

Tonight I tried to stick to European folk songs that some people might recognize. I put a couple of ringers in, like the first Italian and the second Greek, and then the last Irish, which I think all originated fairly recently in the U.S. The last Italian song may be more of a children’s song, but recognizable. I liked them so I just stuck them in.

Here’s my last link for tonight – English.

‘Nite, All

jaime on July 20, 2012 at 12:50 AM

What was the union joke for ……huh, I’m gonna sick Bishop’s pals on ya……..;-)

angrymike on July 20, 2012 at 12:48 AM

I have always said that when I break. I know it sounds like I’m picking, I’m not. It has more to do with structure. I must have a break. LOL!

Bmore on July 20, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Good Night jaime, Sleep Well. I enjoyed the Euro International Night. ; )

Bmore on July 20, 2012 at 12:52 AM

B @ 12:48
Lord I hope so, but this may be just hilarious as it closer to the election ……….

angrymike on July 20, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Its amazing that the President actually believes that he can win by proposing the same ideology that produced, enslaved and destroyed the monster we knew as the USSR.

The President of the United States of America, is proposing that the land of the free and the home of the brave, follow him down that path.

Speakup on July 20, 2012 at 12:53 AM

angrymike on July 20, 2012 at 12:52 AM

HeIIfire angrymike, we couldn’t make this crap up if we wanted to. Its pitiful now, it will only get more so as deep desperation sets in. Good Times!

Bmore on July 20, 2012 at 12:55 AM

B
just playin about union break…… the union that I belong to hit me so hard last year I’ll be walk-in bowlegged for the next twenty years………….

angrymike on July 20, 2012 at 12:55 AM

The worse part for me, and I have said this since I signed on here, is that a Romney nom was predetermined. So here we are with a Romney. We could have had a true star. Next time. Just have to rid the land of 0 and be happy to have done that for the Great Nation. ; )

Bmore on July 20, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Dang Split Wink. ; )

Bmore on July 20, 2012 at 12:57 AM

angrymike on July 20, 2012 at 12:55 AM

You’ll be out of the game soon enough my brother. ; )

Bmore on July 20, 2012 at 12:58 AM

The land of O
now that there is just funny………….;-D

angrymike on July 20, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Schadenfreude on July 20, 2012 at 12:38 AM

The MSM is not going to WORM their way out of this one.

WORM = What Obama Really Meant.

If got this from another blog.

SparkPlug on July 20, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Nikita Kruschev, once smiling at his success (the obamanation’s election), has to be banging his shoe on a podium somewhere over how badly his success story has bollocksed the follow-on…

Gohawgs on July 20, 2012 at 1:01 AM

I sure want Mitts to win but I checked out RCP’s electoral map and it look like an uphill battle for him. BO starts out with 221 and MR 181…270 to win. Mitt’s gotta pick up 89 votes meaning he’s gotta pick up FL, NC, VA, OH, MI to push him over the top, or maybe lose MI and pick up IA and MO. It’s gonna be so hard to win even if everything goes mostly his way. I’m really nervous.

gracie on July 20, 2012 at 1:03 AM

a capella on July 20, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Maybe he was clean when Palin endorsed him,
then later on,
he decided he really needed to help out O’jihady.
I’d like to know what did he get in return for openly supporting jihad against America ?

burrata on July 20, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Sparkplug
III like it, its put down in my little memory …………

angrymike on July 20, 2012 at 1:05 AM

gracie on July 20, 2012 at 1:03 AM

This is a more thoughtful projection.

cpaulus on July 20, 2012 at 1:07 AM

The worst part is the insult to those that have had a business failure. Where was the government when someone lost their savings or house?

kim roy on July 19, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Well that’s YOUR own damn fault.

Now see here, killing Bin Laden belongs exclusively to TFGRP, but when that chopper got shot down later and killed those 30 SEALS and crewmen, well that was THEIR fault and TFGRP had nothing to do with it.

You need to think in douchebag. Call inthemiddle, he has a doctorate in douchebaggery.

Bishop on July 19, 2012 at 11:42 PM

I’m not sure if you are with me on this or I’m confused and misread, but it seems you think that I think the government needs to be involved when a business fails. I don’t.

I’m looking at this as the other side of the “your success is my success” Obama coin. Then your failure is our failure if one is to remain consistent.

Obama doesn’t want to talk to the failures, only take credit and loot the proceeds.

If I misread the whole thing, my apologies. It’s been one of those days. :)

kim roy on July 20, 2012 at 1:07 AM

I’m not sure if you are with me on this or I’m confused and misread…

kim roy on July 20, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Bishop likes to yank people’s chain.

sharrukin on July 20, 2012 at 1:11 AM

kim roy, Bishop is the snarkmeister who squishes leftists like gnats.

—————
gracie on July 20, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Don’t let the starting numbers bother you – they are so high due to NY and CA, two retarded states.

Schadenfreude on July 20, 2012 at 1:13 AM

B
I just sent you an email, Hitler finds out he didn’t build the Nazi party, PLEASE link it for all of H/A to see…………..I’m gonna go check it out………..THANK YOU ……IRISH………;-D

angrymike on July 20, 2012 at 1:14 AM

If all goes as it should, this should be the beginning of the end.

kim roy on July 19, 2012 at 11:37 PM

I really, really hope so. I am just unwilling to believe that as readily as some because I recall the same optimism, Democratic over sampling of polls canard, and the non existent Republican surge that was going to sweep McCain to victory.

sharrukin on July 19, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Me too. I try to think that Romney is not as inept as McCain and that we are more ready for the inevitable slime-fest from the LSM.

Thank Breitbart that there are other outlets to find out what’s going on and people know they’re out there. It’s the very important first step into putting the LSM into irrelevancy.

But yeah, “goes as it should”, just in case it doesn’t. ;)

kim roy on July 20, 2012 at 1:14 AM

gracie on July 20, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Its not going to be easy and it is something of an uphill battle as you say. There are other ways to win.

This website lets you mess around and see whats possible

sharrukin on July 20, 2012 at 1:16 AM

But yeah, “goes as it should”, just in case it doesn’t. ;)

kim roy on July 20, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Yeah. I still cannot understand how 52% actually voted for him in 2008, so I can’t really trust in the collective common sense when it didn’t work before.

sharrukin on July 20, 2012 at 1:19 AM

kim roy on July 20, 2012 at 1:14 AM

kim roy and sharrukin, the celebrating can NOT begin until the night of Nov. 6. Nothing, nada, is to be taken for granted. The goons and thugs know how much power they will lose, for a looooong time. They know how much damage they have inflicted, and how far they’ve yet to go.

Schadenfreude on July 20, 2012 at 1:19 AM

I’m not sure if you are with me on this or I’m confused and misread…

kim roy on July 20, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Bishop likes to yank people’s chain.

sharrukin on July 20, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Yeah… like I said, I’ve been more alert. ;)

Schadenfreude on July 20, 2012 at 1:13 AM

I thought it was obvious I wasn’t a leftist! It seems that I’m being told it’s bedtime. That’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it.

G’night all!

kim roy on July 20, 2012 at 1:20 AM

angrymike on July 20, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Will do, say angrymike if you run across a commenter by the nic riddick, enjoy! Fancies himself to be a real interweb tough guy. Lol!

Bmore on July 20, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Good night kim roy, pleasant dreams.

Bmore on July 20, 2012 at 1:23 AM

“You didn’t build that” images

Schadenfreude on July 20, 2012 at 1:24 AM

B
you know I love keyboard tough guys………lmao……;-D

angrymike on July 20, 2012 at 1:25 AM

kim roy on July 20, 2012 at 1:20 AM

You misunderstood. No, we know you’re not. Bishop mocks them. He is well known around here and doesn’t need any snakr symbols.

Nothing at all meant by him/self/others against you.

Schadenfreude on July 20, 2012 at 1:25 AM

gracie on July 20, 2012 at 1:03 AM

There’s a cure for that. ; )

Bmore on July 20, 2012 at 1:26 AM

This website lets you mess around and see whats possible

Take your pick, he needs one.

cpaulus on July 20, 2012 at 1:26 AM

I’m glad to see Romney is almost halfway as fired up as he needs to be.

I would like to see him hammer all Barry’s sealed records whenever his tax returns come up.

Dan_Yul on July 20, 2012 at 1:26 AM

sharrukin on July 20, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Some weren’t paying attention and Obama sounded good. Some got caught up in the “historic moment”, like Gene Simmons admitted and should know better. Then there’s always the base – the about 38-40% of moochers and libs.

Then, of course, there was the absolutely horrific campaign from McCain and the LSM’s BS.

Which brings me to:

Schadenfreude on July 20, 2012 at 1:19 AM

+1000. I know this and know that it could turn on a dime. If they are already calling Romney a felon in July, can you imagine what it will look like in October?

We have to keep working, be prepared and keep a sharp eye out.

And never doubt the stupidity of the low information voter. ;)

Now. Goodnight! ;)

kim roy on July 20, 2012 at 1:27 AM

angrymike, take a look at the link Schadenfreude just put up. Some fun stuff for your neck of the woods. ; )

Bmore on July 20, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Austria.

Gelsomina on July 20, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Take your pick, he needs one.

cpaulus on July 20, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Romney has to win Wisconsin, Ohio, Nevada, Colorado, Iowa and Virginia for that map to be accurate. That’s asking a lot given how things currently stand.

sharrukin on July 20, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Austria.

Gelsomina on July 20, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Very nice. ; )

Bmore on July 20, 2012 at 1:33 AM

sharrukin on July 20, 2012 at 1:31 AM

I don’t have it in front of me, but I have Romney figured for a minimum, 285.

Bmore on July 20, 2012 at 1:35 AM

sharrukin on July 20, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Yeah, but I have a hard time seeing NV, VA, CO, and VA going blue this time around. Iowa I should have had as a toss up. I think he wins Wisconsin with his VP pick (which I think is going to be Ryan).

Though this could happen too

In that case I think Romney still wins because he won a majority of the states, but it could come down to popular vote too, which is scary. That scenario is why Obama is focusing on Omaha so much.

This is actually what I expect the map to look like though:

52-46.

cpaulus on July 20, 2012 at 1:35 AM

Not lived unless experienced Seiji Osawa, live.

Schadenfreude on July 20, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Schadenfreude, very nice, you really should cue up more tunes. You always play such great selections.

Bmore on July 20, 2012 at 1:43 AM