Quotes of the day

posted at 10:01 pm on July 19, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

***

The Mitt Romney who spoke in Bowling Green, Ohio, on Wednesday wasn’t robotic or stilted. Speaking without a teleprompter, he paced the stage, jabbing at the air with an index finger, shirtsleeves rolled up, surrounded on all sides by an amped-up crowd. There seemed to be a new fire in his belly, an unaccustomed passion. For Romney’s stumbling campaign, an adrenaline injection may have come from the most unexpected precinct: the famously uninspiring candidate himself. …

“What he’s saying,” Romney told the crowd in Bowling Green, “is that if someone has succeeded, if they built something, he’s saying they didn’t really build it — no, it was the government, it was the government that takes responsibility. So for the student in school that works hard to get on the honor roll, that’s not really them — it was their teacher that did that, and the government that paid for it. And if somebody came here across the border legally and brought their family seeking a better life, their success is not due to them — no, no, they didn’t build it; the government gets credit for that. And if a person in their job says, ‘You know what, I’m going to work hard an get more skills, and I got a promotion’ — that promotion, oh by the way, that’s not yours, that’s thanks to government. That’s where this leads.”

It was the vehemence with which Romney delivered these lines that was surprising — a forcefulness usually absent from his bland recitation of a stump speech calculated first and foremost to offend as few people as possible. By (arguably) dissing free enterprise, Obama, it seems, struck at the core of Romney’s being, arousing at long last the passion beneath his buttoned-up exterior.

***

Mitt Romney made an impromptu swing by a Massachusetts body shop Thursday afternoon to again hammer President Obama over the president’s suggestion last week that the success of private enterprises in the United States were dependent on public infrastructure and programs. …

It wasn’t a gaffe. It was instead his ideology,” Romney said. …

“The president does, in fact, believe that people who build enterprises like this really aren’t responsible for it,” Romney said. “But in fact it’s a collective success of the whole society that somehow builds enterprises like this. My view, we have to celebrate people who started enterprises and employ other people.” …

“If you attack success, you’ll continue to see what we’ve seen over these past three and a half years, and that’s less success … I don’t think the president by his comments suggests an understanding of what makes America such a great nation,” Romney said.

***

I think Obama has made the gaffe of the year when he said if you created a business, you didn’t build it. That phrase, ‘you didn’t build it’ should be hung around Obama until the end of his presidency.

I read the totality of the statement and it’s worse if you read it all. Essentially, he has a view that is antithetical to view that the majority of the Americans have, which is that enterprise, initiative of the markets are what drive American wealth and excellence and achievements. Government is parasitic on that and lives off the excess wealth in the form of taxation.

Obama has view at the heart of American excellence and achievement is government. not enterprise. And I think what Romney ought to do is take the headline in today’s lead editorial in the Wall Street Journal, ‘Solyndra versus Staples.’ And he has to have a simple slogan, Romney, which is, ‘Obama and his administration gave you Solyndra, using your money incidentally. I and my colleagues in the free enterprise system gave you Staples with all the jobs and all the wealth and all the accrued wealth it gave to the foundations with the pension and the universities that invested with us in those enterprises.’

***

***

These defining moments take hold most devastatingly when they confirm what a large portion of the electorate already believes. Taken alone, it seems unfair that a single moment, an unguarded remark or a slip of the tongue can carry such weight. They’re often dismissed as “gotcha” moments, but when voters are able to nod and say, “I knew it,” these moments stick and do terrible damage. We have witnessed such a moment.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 6

Resist We Much on July 19, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Go RWM! :)

Axe on July 19, 2012 at 11:03 PM

I like Greek.

jaime on July 19, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Dude…You just scared me. I am half..headed to my big fat annual Greek family reunion tomorrow.

Opa J! :) Kick some Bouzouki.

bazil9 on July 19, 2012 at 11:04 PM

The incalculable value of TOTUS is once again shown.

Can you imagine what our POTUS says when he is stoned?

Scary.

IlikedAUH2O on July 19, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Italian

jaime on July 19, 2012 at 11:04 PM

if you made it to potus …..you did not do that by yourself.

you had many people that hate America help you.

MrMoe on July 19, 2012 at 11:05 PM

So the government invented the internet…

Who provided the computers…..IBM?
Who provided the communication cable……Belden?
Who provided the software?

Without free market…
Government couldn’t provide an innovation without private risktakers..

And what the Government came up with was not the World Wide Web for the Defense Department..

Government created a shared server system using dumb text terminals…
No webpages…
No Graphics…
No video..
No Audio…
Just a dumb terminal..
All that was added because of a market demand…
Something Government had no desire to pursue.

And now Government uses the WWW as it exists today..
a free market driven product..

Electrongod on July 19, 2012 at 11:05 PM

bazil9 on July 19, 2012 at 11:04 PM

OPA!

jaime on July 19, 2012 at 11:06 PM

I understand Andrea Mitchell’s lost luggage has finally been returned: Medieval Bras Discovered at Austrian Castle

slickwillie2001 on July 19, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Are you sure that they are Medieval? Andrea always got Helen Thomas’ hand-me-downs.

If there is a radiocarbon calibrator in the house, please pick up the white courtesy phone.

Resist We Much on July 19, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Thats funny, your Mother is from the opposite corner of the State, Any farther/further and she would be in Florida. Great folks down that way. I have a few friends from South GA. Reliable, durable, loyal types.

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 11:01 PM

I think of her as the best the Greatest Generation had to offer. She worked in a war plant during WWII. She and my dad passed away in 2005 and 2007, respectively, and it’s almost a blessing that they didn’t have to see this country torn asunder by an anti-American communist. He’s like Sherman and his march through the south, destroying everything in sight.

TxAnn56 on July 19, 2012 at 11:07 PM

German

jaime on July 19, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Yo B9 you sweet thang.

SparkPlug on July 19, 2012 at 10:54 PM

HAHA..flattery will and has gotten you everywhere.

I am leaving for a few days..so extra B9 dose for you. No withdrawals. You’ll drive Flora and crew crazy. ;)

Nice to see ya as always.

I hope OC is okay..I actually thought of him today when I was driving -hot as hell and it was raining.

bazil9 on July 19, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Obama has had one meeting with his full cabinet this year…hmmmm. Slow year?

d1carter on July 19, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Axe,

Did you read the letter from Steve Jobs’ “Ghostwriter” to Obama?

Want me to post it (it’s long), give you the link (has pics), or both?

Resist We Much on July 19, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Italian

jaime on July 19, 2012 at 11:04 PM

lol

Axe on July 19, 2012 at 11:09 PM

bazil9 on July 19, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Are you having that bread with the hard boiled egg in the middle?

TxAnn56 on July 19, 2012 at 11:10 PM

OPA!

jaime on July 19, 2012 at 11:06 PM

>>>> passing you some ouzo. ;)

Wheres a troll? I wanna break a dish over their head. lol

bazil9 on July 19, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Obama’s response ad, claiming it was taken out of context:

I love that the two “Top Comments” basically say:
Umm yeah dude…definitely doesn’t sound like it was taken out of context.

GOPRanknFile on July 19, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Obama, doubling down as usual. Don’t call his bluff…

Jurisprudence on July 19, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Russian

jaime on July 19, 2012 at 11:11 PM

I’m waiting for more waterfall description.

Axe on July 19, 2012 at 10:54 PM

See I knew that might be confusing. I used waterfall because sometimes when you call them drops folks get confused. Its a drop. Its the Photo of the day at the little place in the forest. 6-25-12 above the entry Heatwave.

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 11:11 PM

BOR: Obama is not a socialist, he is a social justice anti-capitalist…WTH?

d1carter on July 19, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Axe,

Did you read the letter from Steve Jobs’ “Ghostwriter” to Obama?

Want me to post it (it’s long), give you the link (has pics), or both?

Resist We Much on July 19, 2012 at 11:09 PM

I read it. :) You put that up earlier tonight, I caught it then. Resist, do make ‘shop those images yourself, or surf them out? I noticed the signature was graphic (ghost Jobs signature I mean) — stuff like that.

Axe on July 19, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Obama has had one meeting with his full cabinet this year…hmmmm. Slow year?

d1carter on July 19, 2012 at 11:09 PM

King Obama has a lot on his plate. Jay Carney told me so.

JPeterman on July 19, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Hills ‘N’ Hollers

The Hills and Hollers characterization originated some 300 years ago. It describes the tall hills called knobs in some areas and the deep valleys called “hollers” that are found at the foot of the Appalachian Mountains.

Loretta Lynn’s childhood home in Butcher Holler, KY

Flora Duh on July 19, 2012 at 11:13 PM

This the best ad I have seen so far from team ROmney…

jimver on July 19, 2012 at 11:13 PM

In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit.

malclave on July 19, 2012 at 10:54 PM

My better half says we have Faeries.

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 11:13 PM

English

jaime on July 19, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Russian

jaime on July 19, 2012 at 11:11 PM

The best radio station here in STL has a show on Sunday called Music From the Hills.

I’m certain that aside from the dj and his mother I might be one of three listeners. I love it.

tom daschle concerned on July 19, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Are you having that bread with the hard boiled egg in the middle?

TxAnn56 on July 19, 2012 at 11:10 PM

??
In my neck of the woods..thats an “egg in the basket”..good breakfast trick.
Seriously..I dont know about your question.
Isn’t that Spanish..(as in Spain?)

I would tell you what we are having..but I cant spell it all right! :)

bazil9 on July 19, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Hell, Grayson’s district..I think that says it all.

bazil9 on July 19, 2012 at 11:00 PM

LOL! He’s gone though, right?

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Resist We Much on July 19, 2012 at 10:55 PM

This is how I fall behind. I stop to read stuff. Good stuff. ; )

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 11:17 PM

>>>> passing you some ouzo. ;)

bazil9 on July 19, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Several years ago I would play a game named “bullsh!t” with my friends. The loser had to drink a shot of ouzo.

jaime on July 19, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Loretta Lynn’s childhood home in Butcher Holler, KY

Flora Duh on July 19, 2012 at 11:13 PM

I think I’ve seen Coal Miner’s Daughter about a zillion times. I never get tired of it. I’m going to segue Loretta Lynn into Obama by linking Kentucky with Obama’s hatred of coal plants. I’d think all those coal states must be red. With Obama, there’s only about two degrees of separation between him and disaster.

TxAnn56 on July 19, 2012 at 11:17 PM

I like French, too.

jaime on July 19, 2012 at 11:00 PM

A lovely change of pace.

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Russian

jaime on July 19, 2012 at 11:11 PM

You need to get in the spirit of Obama’s America.

sharrukin on July 19, 2012 at 11:18 PM

tom daschle concerned on July 19, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Still, it’s great that you have the opportunity to listen.

BTW, you can thank the government for that. They’re responsible for all good things, you know.

jaime on July 19, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Now..you know what our history books will say in years to come about the Won..
I can write it myself now.

bazil9 on July 19, 2012 at 10:55 PM

That he didn’t earn it? Oh shucks… we know if Obama loses in November, history will record those “racist” Republicans ran a “racist” campaign and won ugly. That those “evil” Republicans didn’t earn the win, or the mandate they though they had…

I should have put a sarc tag in there… but yea, we already know how the Democrats, academia, Hollywood, and ABCCBSNBCCNNMSNBC are going to portray it, and massage their views into the history books.

Still, it’s going to be fun, sit back, and eat popcorn as they declare Obama a one-term President on election night. Heads are going to explode…

Jurisprudence on July 19, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Did you read the letter from Steve Jobs’ “Ghostwriter” to Obama?

Want me to post it (it’s long), give you the link (has pics), or both?

Resist We Much on July 19, 2012 at 11:09 PM

I would like to read it, link will be fine.

Thanks

JPeterman on July 19, 2012 at 11:19 PM

I like Greek.

jaime on July 19, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Almost missed this one, pace your self, I want to listen to them. International night. Fun!

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 11:19 PM

??
In my neck of the woods..thats an “egg in the basket”..good breakfast trick.
Seriously..I dont know about your question.
Isn’t that Spanish..(as in Spain?)

I would tell you what we are having..but I cant spell it all right! :)

bazil9 on July 19, 2012 at 11:15 PM

You mentioned that you were half Greek. I think they call it Greek Easter bread, but there’s a hard boiled egg in it and it’s braided. I thought all Greeks and quasi-Greeks knew of that bread. I’m Irish and even I know about it. :-)

TxAnn56 on July 19, 2012 at 11:20 PM

sharrukin on July 19, 2012 at 11:18 PM

I see what you’re saying. That video is grim.

jaime on July 19, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Axe on July 19, 2012 at 11:12 PM

I make some and find others. I’m getting the hang of it. hehehe

I’ve written so many piece in the last 24 hours that I’ve forgotten when I post what. I get in manic writing periods at times. Coincidentally, they always occur when Obama says or does something extremely stupid. He makes it so easy. :-)

Oh, I also — finally — expanded the rebuttal to those calling for an end to corporate personhood so that you will be fully loaded the next time an Occupier brings a knife to a gun fight.

Heart you.

Resist We Much on July 19, 2012 at 11:20 PM

I am half..headed to my big fat annual Greek family reunion tomorrow.

Opa J! :) Kick some Bouzouki.

bazil9 on July 19, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Sounds fun, wish I could go. : (

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 11:21 PM

LOL! He’s gone though, right?

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Oh yes..he is gone. Came in during the Won’s election (voter turn out me thinks) got the boot swift last election.

Gee..another NYC/Harvard/law effer here.
God..he made me ill..literally. We got rid of a few that rode the Won’s wave here.
The trickle down affect of all the loons voting in mass- 09.

bazil9 on July 19, 2012 at 11:21 PM

BOR: Obama is not a socialist, he is a social justice anti-capitalist…WTH?

d1carter on July 19, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Po-Tay-Toe, Po-Tah-Doe…

If it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck…

Jurisprudence on July 19, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Grimes

tom daschle concerned on July 19, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Okey-Dokey

jaime on July 19, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Sand that is, Wisconsin Gold: Shale Boom Creates Sand Millionaires

slickwillie2001 on July 19, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 11:11 PM

OMG

Bmore, you live in a hollow, and it’s beautiful. And that’s a little waterfall. God loves you, Bmore dude. I dunno why — but he does.

I need to replot that trip from LA to VA to make it go through GA — I had no idea.

Axe on July 19, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Spanish

jaime on July 19, 2012 at 11:24 PM

TxAnn56 on July 19, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Same for me kinda, I was telling War Planner about my Mom just the other evening. Served as a Wave WWII, Pearl. Dad too. Both Sailors. Mom is still living 93. Got her in the Women’s War Memorial a couple of years back. Great folks there.

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Resist We Much on July 19, 2012 at 11:20 PM

I noticed. :) I’m like that. Wait, Shakespeare excuse:

ROSALIND

Good my complexion! dost thou think, though I am
caparisoned like a man, I have a doublet and hose in
my disposition? One inch of delay more is a
South-sea of discovery; I prithee, tell me who is it
quickly, and speak apace. I would thou couldst
stammer, that thou mightst pour this concealed man
out of thy mouth, as wine comes out of a narrow-
mouthed bottle, either too much at once, or none at
all. I prithee, take the cork out of thy mouth that
may drink thy tidings.

(like the bottle)

Axe on July 19, 2012 at 11:26 PM

JPeterman on July 19, 2012 at 11:19 PM

The Late Steve Jobs Has A Few Words For Mr No-Jobs

M2RB: Simple Minds, Live Aid, Philadelphia, 13 July 1985
You might like these, too:

Obama: “You Are Nothing Without Government!!”

M2RB: Olive
Corporations Aren’t People, But Trees Are!

M2RB: Depeche Mode, Wembley Stadium, 1986

Resist We Much on July 19, 2012 at 11:26 PM

BOR: Obama is not a socialist, he is a social justice anti-capitalist…WTH?

d1carter on July 19, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Yep. BOR spends ten minutes analyzing little Bammie and declares with finality what his complete political worldview is.

Isn’t that just so like BOR?

In tomorrow’s show, in the 8:12 to 8:19 block, he promises a complete solution to the palestinian question.

slickwillie2001 on July 19, 2012 at 11:27 PM

As an African-American woman people think I need to vote for Obama because he’s black. Well, I’ve been black a long time and he won’t get my vote.”

- Renee Amoore, PA, owner of The Amoore Group

I <3 Renee Amoore.

Dark Star on July 19, 2012 at 11:28 PM

TxAnn56 on July 19, 2012 at 11:20 PM

haha..I am a quarter Irish.
I dont really eat sweets. Very good..Greek Easter bread. (Greek Easter is also celebrated on a different day then we do-they use the old calendar) We have a reunion once a year in a small town Greeks came to back in the early 1900′s here. My Fam helped build it. Tourist attraction know but cool..feel like your on a Greek Island or something.
My Yia Yia (Greek for Grandmother) didnt make Greek Easter Bread. Other pastries and sweets yes.
This weekend is the savory not sweet dishes and fam recipes. A lot of seafood dishes as well. Lots of grilled octopus. ;) The best…

I hear the gags ..

bazil9 on July 19, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Axe,

Did you read the letter from Steve Jobs’ “Ghostwriter” to Obama?

Want me to post it (it’s long), give you the link (has pics), or both?

Resist We Much on July 19, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Went to your pge and checked it out. Nice, especially th P.S.

KCB on July 19, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Axe on July 19, 2012 at 11:22 PM

*not to stalk Bmore — lol — just to see that pretty country.

Axe on July 19, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Axe on July 19, 2012 at 11:22 PM

You’re welcomed anytime. Just let me know. Roy the caretaker don’t cotton to strangers to well. Just look for the big red gate with the gold dollar emblem on it. Oh, you’ll know Roy when you see him. Trust me no problem realizing who his.

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 11:29 PM

German

jaime on July 19, 2012 at 11:08 PM

I like German.

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Opa J! :) Kick some Bouzouki.

bazil9 on July 19, 2012 at 11:04 PM

LOL! Γεια σας! Ήξερα ότι σας άρεσε!

Dark Star on July 19, 2012 at 11:31 PM

bazil9 on July 19, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Ok.

Flora, Grace and Katy will keep me busy until you return. BMore and I will make sure OC gets a slurpy so he stays cool. Don’t worry about us. Take care of your arm and enjoy your time away.

Cindy will protect us from certain trolls.

SparkPlug on July 19, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Jurisprudence on July 19, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Yep, and this came from the “No Spin Zone” no less…

d1carter on July 19, 2012 at 11:32 PM

@Veruca72 If you look back at your business’s history & only see one set of footprints in the sand, know that those were the times Obama carried you.

Flora Duh on July 19, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Wow. You’re lucky that she’s still here. If you haven’t already, get her life story on video. I did that for my dad when he turned 80 and wish I had done it for my mother. He and his 3 brothers were all WWII vets (3 Army 1 Air Force) and I wanted to be able to pass his story in his words down to his grandchildren.

TxAnn56 on July 19, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 11:29 PM

You’re pretty safe anyway.

“I’m looking for a hollow –”

“A what now?”

“A hollow. There’s a road –”

“You said a hollow?”

“Yes. No! I mean a hole!”

“O! What didnja say so. OK, and?”

“There’s a watefall nearby, and –”

“A what now?”

Axe on July 19, 2012 at 11:33 PM

bazil9 on July 19, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Jurisprudence on July 19, 2012 at 11:19 PM

I think you about covered it. Well..of course we could add much more..
I concur..I am waiting for the heads to roll. My nephew will be learning from me..not just the propaganda in his future.
Heres to u Juris- passing you some Jiffy and a Coke.

bazil9 on July 19, 2012 at 11:33 PM

- Renee Amoore, PA, owner of The Amoore Group

ROFL

Rombo/Renee 2012

Bishop on July 19, 2012 at 11:35 PM

LOL!

RRRRRoooaaddsszzzz!@ and BBBBBBrrrrriddgesszzzzzz!!!!!

tom daschle concerned on July 19, 2012 at 11:35 PM

The trickle down affect of all the loons voting in mass- 09.

bazil9 on July 19, 2012 at 11:21 PM

He’s one I knew I didn’t like first time I saw him. Even I got that one right. ; )

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Obama’s response ad, claiming it was taken out of context:

I love that the two “Top Comments” basically say:
Umm yeah dude…definitely doesn’t sound like it was taken out of context.

GOPRanknFile on July 19, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Obama, doubling down as usual. Don’t call his bluff…

Jurisprudence on July 19, 2012 at 11:11 PM

That Obama ad is lame.

Team Romney is on a roll

Newt on Leno the other day, said that for any american under the age of 73…This is the worst economic recovery in their lifetime and that Obama was asking for 4 more years of that. The audience experiencing a sudden onset of mass cognitive dissonance was silent as that began to sink in.

workingclass artist on July 19, 2012 at 11:35 PM

TxAnn56 on July 19, 2012 at 11:20 PM

The Greek name for it (phonetically with English alphabet) is Tsoureki — but it is OK to call it Greek Easter Bread.

And the egg is always dyed blood red — all Greek Easter eggs are dyed red only (for the blood of Christ).

And I happen to be 1/4 Irish on my dad’s side as well, so cheers!

Dark Star on July 19, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Went to your pge and checked it out. Nice, especially th P.S.

KCB on July 19, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Thx.

PS: The Rebirthed Steve Jobs told me to tell you this:

“Er, not only did you “not build that” Peace Prize, you didn’t even earn or deserve it, Mr Drone Man.”

hehehe

Resist We Much on July 19, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Spread the wealth around…yeah, I knew it too…four years ago.

sharrukin on July 19, 2012 at 10:06 PM

That’s exactly what I was thinking as well except that Romney seems to have a bit more on the ball than McCain (yeah faint praise) and hopefully will treat this as the albatross around Obama’s neck. Unlike McCain who seemed to just ignore the “wealth” comment.

Plus, Obama doesn’t have the “historical” aspect to fall back on. He’s insulted small business owners, of whom most people have an awareness of, even the moochers either know or have seen the work involved in a small business.

The worst part is the insult to those that have had a business failure. Where was the government when someone lost their savings or house?

If all goes as it should, this should be the beginning of the end.

kim roy on July 19, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Resist We Much on July 19, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Thanks, I’m reading it now and didn’t realize that King Obama made that speech on Friday the 13th.

Do we have any more Friday the 13th’s before the election????

JPeterman on July 19, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Okey-Dokey

jaime on July 19, 2012 at 11:21 PM
I just finished Russian. I know I probably shouldn’t say this, but, I like Russian art and music. Russian men it has been my experience are cranky azzhats. No offense cranky azzhats.

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Resist We Much on July 19, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Thanks for posting those. I think all Americans feel the same way. What an insult to our Country and it’s people that B.O. made. Perhaps Romney needs to see these comments. On second thought, as many other Americans as possible need to see them. Talk radio could make good use of them also.

bluefox on July 19, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Polish

jaime on July 19, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Dark Star on July 19, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Thanks, I didn’t realize that about the red egg. It’s amazing what one can learn with QOTD.

TxAnn56 on July 19, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Goodnight all.

bazil9 hope you have a blast at your family reunion. We’ll miss ya.

Flora Duh on July 19, 2012 at 11:41 PM

kim roy on July 19, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Well that’s YOUR own damn fault.

Now see here, killing Bin Laden belongs exclusively to TFGRP, but when that chopper got shot down later and killed those 30 SEALS and crewmen, well that was THEIR fault and TFGRP had nothing to do with it.

You need to think in douchebag. Call inthemiddle, he has a doctorate in douchebaggery.

Bishop on July 19, 2012 at 11:42 PM

– Renee Amoore, PA, owner of The Amoore Group

I <3 Renee Amoore.

Dark Star on July 19, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Amen.

This is common sense…It’s the economy…Folks need jobs to put food on the table & Americans take pride in a job well done. That is the American Spirit.

That is who we are…

workingclass artist on July 19, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Flora Duh on July 19, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Sleep tight!

KCB on July 19, 2012 at 11:43 PM

workingclass artist on July 19, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Page not found.

JPeterman on July 19, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Irish

jaime on July 19, 2012 at 11:43 PM

That is who we are…

workingclass artist on July 19, 2012 at 11:42 PM

At least, that’s who the 50% of us that pay taxes are. The other 50%, not so much.

TxAnn56 on July 19, 2012 at 11:44 PM

TxAnn56 on July 19, 2012 at 11:32 PM

I have been very good to do just that. I am fortunate there are a ton of photos and such. I wanted her to use one of those digital recorders to record her stories on. She, being a depression baby is stubborn. She wrote much of it down. Now I’m sorry to say her writing abilities are not good. She does however live unassisted on her own. I worry.

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 11:45 PM

I’m going to take a little break. Be back in a few.

jaime on July 19, 2012 at 11:45 PM

LOL! Γεια σας! Ήξερα ότι σας άρεσε!

Dark Star on July 19, 2012 at 11:31 PM

bazil — I’m guessing from your latter posts that you don’t speak Greek (especially as you call *their* (non-Orthodox) Easter, “our Easter”), so my post above missed the mark.

I just wanted to tell you Yasou! (Hello) I knew I liked you.

(I’m half Greek too — mom’s side).

Dark Star on July 19, 2012 at 11:45 PM

A mind is a terrible thing to waist…
But to subsidize it?

Utopia!

Electrongod on July 19, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Good night Flora Duh!

Dark Star on July 19, 2012 at 11:46 PM

“A what now?”

Axe on July 19, 2012 at 11:33 PM

LOL!

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Waist…
Waste..

EBT!

Electrongod on July 19, 2012 at 11:46 PM

If all goes as it should, this should be the beginning of the end.

kim roy on July 19, 2012 at 11:37 PM

I really, really hope so. I am just unwilling to believe that as readily as some because I recall the same optimism, Democratic over sampling of polls canard, and the non existent Republican surge that was going to sweep McCain to victory.

sharrukin on July 19, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Albatros

MontanaMmmm on July 19, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Loretta Lynn’s childhood home in Butcher Holler, KY

Flora Duh on July 19, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Thanks. I’ve heard a lot about her home, but first time to see a pic of it.

bluefox on July 19, 2012 at 11:51 PM