Quotes of the day

posted at 10:01 pm on July 19, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

***

The Mitt Romney who spoke in Bowling Green, Ohio, on Wednesday wasn’t robotic or stilted. Speaking without a teleprompter, he paced the stage, jabbing at the air with an index finger, shirtsleeves rolled up, surrounded on all sides by an amped-up crowd. There seemed to be a new fire in his belly, an unaccustomed passion. For Romney’s stumbling campaign, an adrenaline injection may have come from the most unexpected precinct: the famously uninspiring candidate himself. …

“What he’s saying,” Romney told the crowd in Bowling Green, “is that if someone has succeeded, if they built something, he’s saying they didn’t really build it — no, it was the government, it was the government that takes responsibility. So for the student in school that works hard to get on the honor roll, that’s not really them — it was their teacher that did that, and the government that paid for it. And if somebody came here across the border legally and brought their family seeking a better life, their success is not due to them — no, no, they didn’t build it; the government gets credit for that. And if a person in their job says, ‘You know what, I’m going to work hard an get more skills, and I got a promotion’ — that promotion, oh by the way, that’s not yours, that’s thanks to government. That’s where this leads.”

It was the vehemence with which Romney delivered these lines that was surprising — a forcefulness usually absent from his bland recitation of a stump speech calculated first and foremost to offend as few people as possible. By (arguably) dissing free enterprise, Obama, it seems, struck at the core of Romney’s being, arousing at long last the passion beneath his buttoned-up exterior.

***

Mitt Romney made an impromptu swing by a Massachusetts body shop Thursday afternoon to again hammer President Obama over the president’s suggestion last week that the success of private enterprises in the United States were dependent on public infrastructure and programs. …

It wasn’t a gaffe. It was instead his ideology,” Romney said. …

“The president does, in fact, believe that people who build enterprises like this really aren’t responsible for it,” Romney said. “But in fact it’s a collective success of the whole society that somehow builds enterprises like this. My view, we have to celebrate people who started enterprises and employ other people.” …

“If you attack success, you’ll continue to see what we’ve seen over these past three and a half years, and that’s less success … I don’t think the president by his comments suggests an understanding of what makes America such a great nation,” Romney said.

***

I think Obama has made the gaffe of the year when he said if you created a business, you didn’t build it. That phrase, ‘you didn’t build it’ should be hung around Obama until the end of his presidency.

I read the totality of the statement and it’s worse if you read it all. Essentially, he has a view that is antithetical to view that the majority of the Americans have, which is that enterprise, initiative of the markets are what drive American wealth and excellence and achievements. Government is parasitic on that and lives off the excess wealth in the form of taxation.

Obama has view at the heart of American excellence and achievement is government. not enterprise. And I think what Romney ought to do is take the headline in today’s lead editorial in the Wall Street Journal, ‘Solyndra versus Staples.’ And he has to have a simple slogan, Romney, which is, ‘Obama and his administration gave you Solyndra, using your money incidentally. I and my colleagues in the free enterprise system gave you Staples with all the jobs and all the wealth and all the accrued wealth it gave to the foundations with the pension and the universities that invested with us in those enterprises.’

***

***

These defining moments take hold most devastatingly when they confirm what a large portion of the electorate already believes. Taken alone, it seems unfair that a single moment, an unguarded remark or a slip of the tongue can carry such weight. They’re often dismissed as “gotcha” moments, but when voters are able to nod and say, “I knew it,” these moments stick and do terrible damage. We have witnessed such a moment.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 6

Some people go around praising and thanking God for everything and saying they could not even have begun to have got it or done it without Him. His Royal Majesty, King Insane Hussein Obama, feels that he should have no less position and worship for himself and from everybody. This is Obama’s pathology. The man is nuts.

To Insane Hussein everything comes from the state, which is now him, and without it, and him, individuals would be nothing and have nothing, when in fact the state gets everything it has from individuals and would be nothing, and have nothing, without them.

VorDaj on July 19, 2012 at 10:04 PM

Spread the wealth around…yeah, I knew it too…four years ago.

sharrukin on July 19, 2012 at 10:06 PM

QOTD so soon?

Does everyone have cat?

A Gaffe?

Having your mask slip is a gaffe?

Electrongod on July 19, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Add this to the attack arsenal, we had a video of this near the start of Fox Special Report (6pm EST):

Only govt can break the cycle that [sic] are crippling are economy where a lack of spending leads to lost jobs which leads to even less spending where an inability to lend and borrow stops growth and leads to even less credit.” -Barack Obama, Jan 8, 2009

anotherJoe on July 19, 2012 at 10:07 PM

They said hung and preezy in the same article.

raCCCCCCCist!

AllahsNippleHair on July 19, 2012 at 10:08 PM

QOTD so soon?

Does everyone have cat?
Electrongod on July 19, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Not as a meal….

“Does everyone have a cat?”

That’s better..

Electrongod on July 19, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Let’s hope Romney’s had his Popeye moment, although I doubt he’ll crush a spinach can with his bare hands as he utters, “that’s all I can stands and I can’t stands no more”.

TxAnn56 on July 19, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Remember Obama’s encounter with Joe the Plumber? This was no gaff – it’s his core belief.

AubieJon on July 19, 2012 at 10:10 PM

“Government is parasitic…”

Exactly.

jazzmo on July 19, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Am I to surmise that Mr. Pundit is no more?

andy85719 on July 19, 2012 at 10:11 PM

“that’s all I can stands and I can’t stands no more”.

TxAnn56 on July 19, 2012 at 10:09 PM

We The People will be saying that…

Electrongod on July 19, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Am I to surmise that Mr. Pundit is no more?

andy85719 on July 19, 2012 at 10:11 PM

There’s been a coup d’état. Erika and MKH are making the rules now. No one knows where Allah is…or if he’s even alive.

sharrukin on July 19, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Am I to surmise that Mr. Pundit is no more?

andy85719 on July 19, 2012 at 10:11 PM

vacation.

Electrongod on July 19, 2012 at 10:13 PM

AubieJon on July 19, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Back then too much of the nation was stuck in the adoration phase of the cool brother to notice or really care. Now….now there’s long line of unemployed and people notice and really really care.

Bishop on July 19, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Am I to surmise that Mr. Pundit is no more?

andy85719 on July 19, 2012 at 10:11 PM

vacation.

Electrongod on July 19, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Exactly, he is gone forever. Not returning. You can see him on one of those morning shows soon.

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 10:18 PM

What most people don’t understand when Progressive say “share the wealth” they mean grow the government & use the money to further empower and entrench their Progressive cronies.

Democrat voters are duped by “share the wealth” they think it means that Obama & the other Progressives will give them money.

Romney needs to ask those voters – if Obama is so big on sharing the wealth why haven’t they received theirs, and who exactly has been the recipient of the “Obama money”.

batterup on July 19, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Him and the cat.

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Or should that be?

He and his cat.

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Could go with.

He and the cat.

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 10:20 PM

“It wasn’t a gaffe. It was instead his ideology,” Romney said. …”

This has to pounded home day in and day out until November…

… then explain to the recently graduated what ‘ideology’ is.

Seven Percent Solution on July 19, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Really? Which one? And will he be wearing a bag or an elaborate disguise or go silhouette?

andy85719 on July 19, 2012 at 10:21 PM

I’ve run my own business for 20 years. I am not wildly successful, but I make a payroll every week and I provide for my family while serving my community. The most offensive part of the statement was not ” You didn’t build that.” The most offensive part was when he said “I get a kick out of these guys that think they’re successful because they’re smarter than everybody else, or they work harder than everybody else.” This is coming from a choom smoking Marxist, who had 1 year of experience in the private sector which he described in his own book as going “behind enemy lines.”

Eff you, President Obama. All those Saturday mornings you were golfing with lobbyists in Springfield or sleeping off a late night snorting coke, or counting tens and twenties in little brown bags from Antoin Rezko I was getting up at dawn to get to work to build my business. I’ve never been so disgusted by a politician in my life, including Blago, Ryan and the rest of them. You really are a disgusting piece of trash.

Ted Torgerson on July 19, 2012 at 10:22 PM

I knew it!

Jurisprudence on July 19, 2012 at 10:23 PM

This has to pounded home day in and day out until November…

… then explain to the recently graduated what ‘ideology’ is.

Seven Percent Solution on July 19, 2012 at 10:21 PM

THIS^^^

Bmore..
Don’t tell me about my cologne…:)

Electrongod on July 19, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Make him eat it every single day until Mittens’ inaugeration.

Laura in Maryland on July 19, 2012 at 10:24 PM

andy85719 on July 19, 2012 at 10:21 PM

I think he has opted for the digital overlay look, polychromatic. Same for the cat. I think its the one on MSNBC, but I can’t confirm.

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Don’t tell me about my cologne…:)

Electrongod on July 19, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Oh, it wasn’t for you silly.

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Dave Allah is not here.

SparkPlug on July 19, 2012 at 10:26 PM

He and his cat.

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Could go with.

He and the cat.

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Finally, a diagramming thread!!

It could be either one.
Example:
He went to the store.
His (or the) cat went to the store.

You wouldn’t say him went to the store. Well, you might if you lived in Butcher Holler.

TxAnn56 on July 19, 2012 at 10:26 PM

I was just gonna ask why these quotes are not horribly depressing as usual. Erika should do more of these.

MrX on July 19, 2012 at 10:27 PM

This horrible, horrible man should be stripped of his epaulettes, and frogmarched through the gates of the fort, to be left to his own devises in the barren desert.

Take his passport and burn it. Throw the ashes upon the lawn on The Mall – at least the national lawn will receive some benefit from Obama.

His reign of terror upon our Republic cannot end soon enough.

Tomorrow would be nice.

And good on Mr. Romney for finding his voice. May he increase exponentially towards election day and lead this great nation out of our darkness that has enveloped us these past four years.

My loathing of Barack Obama is only exceeded by his loathing of me and mine.

turfmann on July 19, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Oh, it wasn’t for you silly.

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 10:26 PM

I know…

Electrongod on July 19, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Really, come to think of it, it’s kind of surprising that Obama thinks we, his minions, actually might have also gotten what we have the same way he got his – by simply having it handed to him. He has on his own done nothing of value, built nothing lasting and never worked hard a day on his life yet has no trouble believing that what he has is his by right . I would have thought that, given his elevated opinion of himself, he would reserve that rarified sector all for his own wonderful self and would thus consign the rest of us to the role of serving him. Oh, wait. That is what he’s trying to do, isn’t it.

natasha333 on July 19, 2012 at 10:29 PM

His reign of terror upon our Republic cannot end soon enough.

Tomorrow would be nice.

My loathing of Barack Obama is only exceeded by his loathing of me and mine.

turfmann on July 19, 2012 at 10:27 PM

In days past, speaking against the ethos of society usually got one tarred and feathered.

Jurisprudence on July 19, 2012 at 10:30 PM

Molly Ball

Sounds like many of the folks here desperate to rid the land of 0 and desperate to have someone who can do it. My money is on the voters, not Romney, Romney will win by default. With that said I do wish he was better at this. All the time. Not just some of the time. Let us pray.

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Well, well. Found a not-unfamiliar soul in the machine.

Son coeur est un luth suspendu;
Sitôt qu’on le touche il rèsonne.

Not exactly. It wasn’t a slip of the tongue. But we can damn well say “I knew it.”

Axe on July 19, 2012 at 10:33 PM

TxAnn56 on July 19, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Thank you. I’m still learning, so I actually appreciate the help. ; )

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Mitt Romney made an impromptu swing by a Massachusetts body shop Thursday afternoon to again hammer President Obama over the president’s suggestion last Mitt Romney made an impromptu swing by a Massachusetts body shop Thursday afternoon to again hammer President Obama . . .

Hammer the president. In a body shop. Next time just go straight for the bondo.

smellthecoffee on July 19, 2012 at 10:34 PM

This is such a good video with Bill Whittle explaining why the Punk doesn’t get it. While business owners work from dawn till dusk BO’s success has been due to an odd series of miracles:

Cody1991 on July 19, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Good riddance. He came over to dinner the other night. He showed up late and he looked like he hadn’t had a shower in a week. Smelled like it, too.

He didn’t bring the wine like he was supposed to. He wanted to wash his dirty clothes at my place. I told him “no”, so he gave me an upper-decker. I found it after he left.

Bastard.

jaime on July 19, 2012 at 10:35 PM

CONFIRMED!…Barrack Insane Obama…IS NUCKING FUTS!

KOOLAID2 on July 19, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 10:32 PM

All the more reason for Romney not to screw it up; which of course means, he’s going to play it safe until he knows he has a sure strike at Obama’s underbelly. When I say he’s going to screw it up, I mean he’s going to play it too safe.

Jurisprudence on July 19, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Well, you might if you lived in Butcher Holler.

TxAnn56 on July 19, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Funny, I do live in a holler. ; )

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 10:36 PM

TxAnn56 on July 19, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Axe on July 19, 2012 at 10:36 PM

I do loves me some Marco Rubio. The man is a great defender of American exceptionalism.

bluealice on July 19, 2012 at 10:38 PM

TxAnn56 on July 19, 2012 at 10:26 PM

lol — well, screw it. I thought I had something to say, but now that I’ve wrestled the PC to the ground, I’ve forgotten it.

Axe on July 19, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Or do I? Hmmm.

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Jurisprudence on July 19, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Too safe by half could present issues. Unforced errors do seem to plague Romneys campaign from time to time. Perhaps the timing will fall his way.

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Since when do we in America believe that our society is made up of two diametrically opposed classes — one rich, one poor — both in a permanent state of conflict and neither able to get ahead except at the expense of the other? Since when do we in America accept this alien and discredited theory of social and class warfare? Since when do we in America endorse the politics of envy and division?

[snip]

We must reach out and appeal to the patriotic and fundamental ideals of average Americans who do not consider themselves “movement” people, but who respond to the same American ideals that we do. I’m not talking about some vague notion of an abstract, amorphous American mainstream. I’m talking about “Main Street” Americans in their millions. They come in all sizes, shapes and colors — blue-collar workers, blacks, Hispanics, shopkeepers, scholars, service people, housewives, and professional men and women. They are the backbone of America, and we can’t move America without moving their hearts and minds as well.

Fellow Americans, our duty is before us tonight. Let us go forward, determined to serve selflessly a vision of man with God, government for people, and humanity at peace. For it is now our task to tend and preserve, through the darkest and coldest nights, that “sacred fire of liberty” that President Washington spoke of two centuries ago, a fire that tonight remains a beacon to all the oppressed of the world, shining forth from this kindly, pleasant, greening land we call America.

Flora Duh on July 19, 2012 at 10:40 PM

jaime on July 19, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Wow. Excellent! But you know what this means — he’s off the wagon. I told him to stay out of New Orleans.

Axe on July 19, 2012 at 10:40 PM

I liked the ad.

KCB on July 19, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Has anyone kept up with the number of legacy media types trying to explain what Comrade Obama really, really meant..?

d1carter on July 19, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Hey, Ms. Ball — that “stumbling uninspiring robot” is kicking TehPrecious’s *ss.

Dark Star on July 19, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Or do I? Hmmm.

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Well, do you or do you not live in a holler?

Axe on July 19, 2012 at 10:41 PM

jaime on July 19, 2012 at 10:35 PM

I guess the only upside is he didn’t have the gilled one in tow.

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 10:41 PM

I understand Andrea Mitchell’s lost luggage has finally been returned: Medieval Bras Discovered at Austrian Castle

slickwillie2001 on July 19, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Axe on July 19, 2012 at 10:40 PM

You were absolutely correct. I thought he could handle it after the treatments.

jaime on July 19, 2012 at 10:42 PM

CONFIRMED!…Barrack Insane Obama…IS NUCKING FUTS!

KOOLAID2 on July 19, 2012 at 10:36 PM

So I smell a little Fluck?

Electrongod on July 19, 2012 at 10:43 PM

And for the love of all that is good & holy — yes he was “off TOTUS” but it wasn’t a “slip of the tongue” or a gaffe — it was part of the planned speech — all the lead in about not doing it because you were “smart” or “hardworking” — it was his *main point* — instead of cribbing from Deval Patrick, like in 2008, he’s cribbing from Elizabeth Warren.

Dark Star on July 19, 2012 at 10:45 PM

I guess the only upside is he didn’t have the gilled one in tow.

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Sometimes you’re just too subtle for me.

Are you talking about that dead fish Upperfleascratch?

jaime on July 19, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Well, do you or do you not live in a holler?

Axe on July 19, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Well I have always referred to it as the hole. Is holler the same thing. Like where my house is is next to the waterfall kinda up the side of the mountain back in a natural shelf created by the rock. Folks around my parts have always called the holes. I looked up holler because I though holler was the same as hole. But the noun version apparently means hollow. I am not familiar with that use in describing where I live. Are holler, hollow, hole the same thing? You should know this one. Its what you do, right?

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 10:46 PM

ganggill

Axe on July 19, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Obama didn’t earn his position on the Harvard Law Review, other people did…

malclave on July 19, 2012 at 10:47 PM

? , them

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 10:47 PM

VorDaj on July 19, 2012 at 10:04 PM

L’etat, c’est moi.

Dark Star on July 19, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Or do I? Hmmm.

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 10:38 PM
Well, do you or do you not live in a holler?

Axe on July 19, 2012 at 10:41 PM

I’m a little rusty on my geography, but I think West Virginia, Kentucky and Arkansas are the states with the majority of “hollers”. I don’t think we have any hollers in Texas.

TxAnn56 on July 19, 2012 at 10:48 PM

jaime on July 19, 2012 at 10:46 PM

No the gilled one refers to the one the has the stench of rotting fish about her. bluegill

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Today’s N.S.Sherlock article: Kennedy Family Acting Like Crime Clan After Kerry’s Alleged Drugged-Driving Crash: Cops

They’re playing by mob rules.

The Kennedy clan’s ramped-up reaction to Kerry Kennedy’s alleged drugged-driving smashup has upstate authorities likening the brood to a bunch of wiseguys, sources said yesterday.

“The family is so aggressive, they act like some organized-crime family,” said a law-enforcement source familiar with the case.

“They come right out playing hardball with bare knuckles — they don’t even know the facts.”

slickwillie2001 on July 19, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Could go with.

He and the cat.

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Or he and the cat in a striped hat. ;)

(For Munford LOL)
I am Dr. B Suess.

bazil9 on July 19, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Taking Obama off TOTUS was supposed to be some cool new strategery wasn’t it? Make him seem warmer, more human. Less aloof. Bet his a$$ is back on it soon.

KCB on July 19, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Screw the words man — you live in some strange woodland paradise with a waterfall?

Axe on July 19, 2012 at 10:49 PM

hollow:

2: a depressed or low part of a surface; especially : a small valley or basin.

jaime on July 19, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Am I to surmise that Mr. Pundit is no more?

andy85719 on July 19, 2012 at 10:11 PM

One could only hope.

The Notorious G.O.P on July 19, 2012 at 10:49 PM

TxAnn56 on July 19, 2012 at 10:48 PM

In my part of Ga we refer to them as holes.

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Are you talking about that dead fish Upperfleascratch?

jaime on July 19, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Bluegill

I actually gave her a twinkles up on the last thread..

She said something that made sense.,..

Bmore reminded me on who posted it..

Electrongod on July 19, 2012 at 10:51 PM

bluegill

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 10:48 PM

OK. I ignored it the entire year. I just assumed it was csdeven’s sock puppet.

jaime on July 19, 2012 at 10:51 PM

I am Dr. B Suess.

bazil9 on July 19, 2012 at 10:49 PM

LOL! Sure but do you live in a hole, holler or hollow?

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 10:51 PM

You should know this one. Its what you do, right?

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 10:46 PM

The reader’s digest version is that if you have all of your teeth, you live in a hollow. If you’re missing more than one tooth and are married to your second cousin, you live in a holler.

TxAnn56 on July 19, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Obama’s response ad, claiming it was taken out of context:

I love that the two “Top Comments” basically say:
Umm yeah dude…definitely doesn’t sound like it was taken out of context.

GOPRanknFile on July 19, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Hopefully “You didn’t build that,” will be 2012′s version of “I actually did vote for the $87 billion dollars, before I voted against it.”

Rogue on July 19, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Obama has spent over $100 million dollars in trying to define Mitt Romney in the past 2 months.

Obama defined himself in less than 1 minute. We all knew it, but now the rest of the world knows it.

JPeterman on July 19, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Bluegill

I actually gave her a twinkles up on the last thread..

She said something that made sense.,..

Bmore reminded me on who posted it..

Electrongod on July 19, 2012 at 10:51 PM

If bluegill is csdeven he is usually only psychopathic about one subject; Romney. Otherwise tolerable.

jaime on July 19, 2012 at 10:54 PM

In my part of Ga we refer to them as holes.

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 10:50 PM

My mother was from Thomasville GA, home of the Campbell’s soup factory and Joanne Woodward. You must be good folks.

TxAnn56 on July 19, 2012 at 10:54 PM

hollow:

2: a depressed or low part of a surface; especially : a small valley or basin.

jaime on July 19, 2012 at 10:49 PM

So my place could qualify as that. Which means it can also qualify as a holler. Good deal jaime, thanks, say you’re a very helpful fellow. What are we listening too? Last night was 80′s. Pressure is on pick something interesting. ; )

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Where is an article on all the attacks on Michele Bachmann by the necrotics like McCain and Boehner and Flake in the Republican party?

Thanks to the Islamonaifs and potential Islamoinfiltrators GB was surrounded with as advisors,…Condi Rice, Grover Norquist, Gen. Petraeus…I’m sure there are more…the necrotics in the Republican party completely trashed Michele Bachmann the past couple days for her request of the State Department to look into Huma Abedin’s influence over Hillary Clinton when Huma’s mother, father (now deceased), and brother are part of the Muslim Brotherhood. All the protestations from our own guys about how this is McCarthyesque played right into the Islamoinfiltrator’s hands.

And why did the terrorist who just murdered the Israelis have a drivers license, real or forged, from Michigan? Is this just a strange coincidence that Dearbornistan is in Michigan? What were this guy’s whereabouts since Sweden received and then released him? It wouldn’t be so strange that he slipped back into our country for any sort of nefarious reason..we’ve had Hillary’s and Huma’s State Department allowing Islamic terrorist visits to the White House after all, and Obama and Janet allowing illegal Muslims through our southern and northern borders. The murderer could have used a Michigan license to implicate Americans. Or as an operations signal to all his brethren in Dearbornistan. It’s some anniversary for some inspirational Islamic martyrdom somewhere, isn’t it? Or in the next few days or weeks. It’s becoming quite the full Islamic anniversary calendar to be “celebrated” in that special Islamic way.

VorDaj on July 19, 2012 at 10:54 PM

I am Dr. B Suess.

bazil9 on July 19, 2012 at 10:49 PM

LOL! Sure but do you live in a hole, holler or hollow?

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 10:51 PM

In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit.

malclave on July 19, 2012 at 10:54 PM

bazil9 on July 19, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Yo B9 you sweet thang.

SparkPlug on July 19, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Yes. But you might have a narrower connotation for “Hole” — I don’t know about that. :)

I’m waiting for more waterfall description.

Axe on July 19, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Make him eat it every single day until Mittens’ inaugeration.

Laura in Maryland on July 19, 2012 at 10:24 PM

And after!

Now..you know what our history books will say in years to come about the Won..
I can write it myself now.

bazil9 on July 19, 2012 at 10:55 PM

“In reference to what the President said the other day, if all it took to have a successful business, as the President suggested, was a road in front of your house and an Internet connection, then everyone would have a small business — but they don’t. It takes more than that. It takes hard work. It takes smarts. But most of all it takes something he left out in his comments — it takes sacrifice. And that’s something I don’t think this President knows anything about. The American dream is about seeing a need in the free market and deciding to risk everything you have now and in the future to fill that need in an innovative way with the hopes of profiting in the future.”

- Kyle Koehler, OH, owner of KK Tool

“When the President says that in basically my hometown, I don’t think he understands that 100% of every dollar that the government receives comes from business activity…not 99% — 100%…mostly through payroll taxes, but taxes on business directly also. So I feel like I’ve built those roads and I feel like I’ve built those bridges and I feel I have a right to use them to try and make a better life for myself and my employees. And I want the current employees I have [45-50] to be able to have a better paycheck. … And I’m very scared that once I cross that 50 employee threshold I’m going to be penalized [by the government] for trying to grow my business. So do I shrink it back down to 25?”

- David Napier, VA, owner of White House Catering

“When President Obama makes a comment that somebody else helped us in business, I find that highly insulting and highly arrogant. He has absolutely no idea what it takes to start a business and to have a dream of building it for the future. He is very bad for our country. When I started [building my business with just a desk in 1976] there was never a community organizer that stepped forward to help me or anybody else.”

- Jerry Pierce, FL, owner of Restaurant Equipment World

“I have over 50 employees and have been in business for about sixteen years now and I am happy to say that we have been blessed because of sacrifice. When the president made his comments last Friday about, “If you got a business you didn’t build that,” I don’t where the heck he got that from. And to me, it was a reprehensible statement and he doesn’t know what the heck is going on in this country. President Obama’s comments reflect just how unqualified he is to lead this economic recovery. He really doesn’t understand what it’s about. … As an African-American woman people think I need to vote for Obama because he’s black. Well, I’ve been black a long time and he won’t get my vote.”

- Renee Amoore, PA, owner of The Amoore Group

Resist We Much on July 19, 2012 at 10:55 PM

OK. I ignored it the entire year. I just assumed it was csdeven’s sock puppet.

jaime on July 19, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Many folks think that to be the case.

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 10:55 PM

A hollow is just the place where hills, or swells in the ground if nothing more, meet at the bottom. A “Holler” is a mispronounced hollow. A hole is apparently a regional identification for a hollow.

Now please describe the hollow some more?

Axe on July 19, 2012 at 10:57 PM

TxAnn56 on July 19, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Then I sure as hell don’t live in a holler. lol

I appreciate the definition..I thought I was dumb for a sec.

bazil9 on July 19, 2012 at 10:58 PM

I like Greek.

jaime on July 19, 2012 at 10:59 PM

I am Dr. B Suess.

bazil9 on July 19, 2012 at 10:49 PM

LOL! Sure but do you live in a hole, holler or hollow?

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 10:51 PM

I live in a urban hat, surrounded by Rats (Dimirats) ;)

Hell, Grayson’s district..I think that says it all.

bazil9 on July 19, 2012 at 11:00 PM

I like French, too.

jaime on July 19, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Freedom has never been so fragile, so close to slipping from our grasp…

…Recognize that government invasion of public power is eventually an assault upon your own business. If some among you fear taking a stand because you are afraid of reprisals from customers, clients, or even government, recognize that you are just feeding the crocodile hoping he’ll eat you last.

If all of this seems like a great deal of trouble, think what’s at stake. We are faced with the most evil enemy mankind has known in his long climb from the swamp to the stars.

Flora Duh on July 19, 2012 at 11:00 PM

- David Napier, VA, owner of White House Catering

Go Dave!

Axe on July 19, 2012 at 11:01 PM

TxAnn56 on July 19, 2012 at 10:52 PM

I have everyone of my teeth and they seem to be holding up well. My wife of 28 years is not kin. She is a yankee. Daughter of the American Revolutionary War. Its why I put up with her antics. That and the pies. ; )

TxAnn56 on July 19, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Thats funny, your Mother is from the opposite corner of the State, Any farther/further and she would be in Florida. Great folks down that way. I have a few friends from South GA. Reliable, durable, loyal types.

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 11:01 PM