Priebus: No one’s been invited to speak at the GOP convention yet

posted at 12:01 pm on July 19, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Has Sarah Palin been snubbed by the RNC?  Did Chris Christie get inked into the keynote slot to start the Republican convention?  Hold your horses, GOP chair Reince Priebus told Chris Stigall on CBS radio in Philadelphia this morning.  As of right now, no one’s been invited to do anything — and the schedule won’t even begin to be addressed for another two or three weeks:

STIGALL: How much of that convention are you involved with, and who calls the shots?  And the reason I ask is, there’s this big deal right now about whether Sarah Palin’s been invited by Mitt Romney to speak, that Chris Christie — we haven’t talked about that yet this morning — has been named keynote on Tuesday to speak.  Can you talk about people speaking, who’s invited, who’s not, who’s in charge?  How’s that work?

PRIEBUS: [laughs] Well, I can tell you how that works.  I mean, it’s generally a very cooperative effort between the RNC and Mitt Romney. So, between their campaign and us, most things are like a 50/50 marriage.  I mean, that’s how I would describe decisions at the convention.  There’s also another component, which is the host committee in Tampa.  So both conventions have a group of people who are charged with the responsibility of raising all the money in a 501(c)3 charitable organization that actually raises the money so that the conventions can be put on.  We actually are charged with spending the money, and then we put on the program and all of the other things that you see  at the convention.  Those decisions of programming and putting all of these things together — they’re generally made by both entities.

And so, to your question now, there is no program set by us or the Romney team.  So most of these things you hear — although these are great people you’re referring to — all these things are just rumors.  I mean, there’s just no truth to the fact that people are getting phone calls and being invited to speak right now, because the program isn’t set.  So, when you guys hear things like that, you can generally assume that it’s just talk, and there still is time for –

STIGALL: So you cannot — so you’re saying that it is not confirmed that Chris Christie is the keynote speaker of this convention?

PRIEBUS: No, I don’t think anything’s confirmed right now.  I think that’s just rumor.  Now, I mean, Chris Christie is a key guy, but I can’t tell you that there’s a confirmation that he’s speaking on Tuesday night.  I think these are decisions that, you know, us and Team Romney are going to be making over the next few weeks.

STIGALL: On that, then there’s also no truth to “Sarah Palin is not welcome at the convention”?

PRIEBUS: Of course not!

STIGALL: Okay. Do you anticipate she’ll be there, if you were to guess?

PRIEBUS: You know, I have no idea.  I have no idea based on the schedule, based on what’s going on on programming.  I just don’t know what to tell you about it, other than it’s pretty early.  I mean, these are not — these are things that people will start making final decisions on probably, you know, in the second week of August.

In other words, if your favorite politico hasn’t received a speaking slot yet … relax.

Update: Also, as a reminder, Rick Santorum — who will certainly be given a speaking slot — told ABC this week that he hadn’t received his invitation, either.  Consider that another data point in the argument that nothing has yet been decided.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Sherry…if he knew…then, why did he lie?

kingsjester on July 19, 2012 at 3:54 PM

King, because he works in politics. Is the list complete? Probably not. Do they have their keynote speakers in place? I would think so. Is the list flexible? Of course. IF Christie is slotted for keynote and IF Christie steps in it big time in the next few weeks,he will have to be removed.

So did he lie? No, he just spoke in political-ese.

sherry on July 19, 2012 at 4:31 PM

bluegill/redford sure do remind of another poster.

kingsjester on July 19, 2012 at 4:31 PM

bluegill/redford sure do remind of another poster.

kingsjester on July 19, 2012 at 4:31 PM

csdeven?

SparkPlug on July 19, 2012 at 4:32 PM

So did he lie? No, he just spoke in political-ese.

sherry on July 19, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Yeah. And I’m a blonde 22 year old Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader named Buffy.

kingsjester on July 19, 2012 at 4:32 PM

Works on Bigots too. $40 bucks will buy you three bottles. No sales tax if you buy now.

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 4:33 PM

SparkPlug on July 19, 2012 at 4:32 PM

Shhh! I didn’t say it.

kingsjester on July 19, 2012 at 4:33 PM

The problem with that comparison is one assertion is an objective historical fact – i.e. she did quit her job.

whatcat on July 19, 2012 at 4:30 PM

There’s a tremendous gap between “quit their job” and “disgraceful resignation”, which were the words used by the erstwhile dips**t above. So, while your statement may be historical fact, it was not at issue.

MadisonConservative on July 19, 2012 at 4:33 PM

It still seems odd to me, how the people that attack conservatism are always Romney supporters.

It makes perfect sense to me.

casuist on July 19, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Yeah. And I’m a blonde 22 year old Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader named Buffy.

kingsjester on July 19, 2012 at 4:32 PM

Cool, free later on tonight?

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 4:33 PM

You, me and everyone else on this planet knows the real reason why Palin will never get a speaking spot…….1976.

There’s no way in heck that Mitt and the gope will ever have the delegates thinking they nominated the wrong person.

tencole

Do you have to fight truthers and kos kids for tin foil at the supermarket?

Are we going to have a daily Palin thread from now until the convention?

OmahaConservative

If so, I hope the cultists have stocked up on Jergens, otherwise there’s going to be a lot of chafing.

Well, she is a woman. That might really explain a lot of it.

Buckshot Bill

You got to love it when Republicans make left wing arguments. What’s next, claiming we don’t like Obama because he’s black?

On that note, if she doesn’t get a slot at the rino-con, Palin should definitely give her own speech at her real convention, and show what a real conservative nominee would sound like.

Buckshot Bill

If she wanted to be the star of the show, she should have gotten into the race and won the primary. Then she could show us what a real conservative nominee sounds like in a way that matters.

Oh, yeahm he’s well on the road of doing just that. When he stated that “Papa John built Papa John’s pizza…”, between the 2 morons its clear both can only survive with Teleprompters.

riddick

Speaking of morons….

She’ll be there, obviously, but I don’t think she’ll do anything that would be seen as competition or trying to split the GOP. She wants Obama gone.

INC

And you’re right. Luckily Palin has more sense than many of her followers.

I think the antipathy to Palin is something deeper. It doesn’t seem tactical to me. It’s emotional.

BoxHead1

Riiiiight…..but the blind hero worship of all things Palin is based on logic, and common sense. Pffft.

xblade on July 19, 2012 at 4:36 PM

so, yeah, try a better line or argument next time, the one you came denotes laziness..

jimver on July 19, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Lol. You reiterated my point and then dissed me for it?!? That’s odd.

RedCrow on July 19, 2012 at 4:36 PM

whatcat on July 19, 2012 at 4:30 PM

MadisonConservative on July 19, 2012 at 4:33 PM

I see. Yeah, that falls into “opinion about a fact” which, by it’s nature, is subjective.

whatcat on July 19, 2012 at 4:36 PM

It would be stupid and suicidal to snub Sarah Palin and thereby piss off a large portion of the base.

TarheelBen on July 19, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Say, are you aware that one common nickname for the GOP is in fact “the Stupid Party?”

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if they did this (historically, they have quite a record- remember the immigration debacle while W. was pushing comprehensive reform, & McCain et al were very hostile to the base?)

cs89 on July 19, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Good to see you back (and in fine form).

wolfsDad on July 19, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Thanks! Been busy moving. Now DMV is all p!ssy about my eyesight. Gotta bite the bullet and get cataracts removed. Aging really sucks sometimes. )

katy the mean old lady on July 19, 2012 at 4:38 PM

I have noticed that too. They attack Palin more than Obama. The Mittenistas have been doing that for many years

SparkPlug on July 19, 2012 at 4:38 PM

If she is 100% on board with getting Romney elected, she’ll get a spot. If she isn’t, she won’t.

Rational Thought on July 19, 2012 at 2:18 PM

Anyone who can get that worked up over him should investigate getting a life.

katy the mean old lady on July 19, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Worked up? Give me a break. There is nothing in my comment to suggest being “worked up.” It is the Republican National Convention. The Republican candidate for president will be officially nominated there. His name is Mitt Romney. The people invited to speak will be there to endorse Mitt Romney. That is the purpose of the convention. Sarah Palin doesn’t seem interested in doing that, so far. Is this convention-y stuff really news to some folks?

Rational Thought on July 19, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Wow, did the Trolls just find this thread or what?

Buckshot Bill on July 19, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Why doesn’t she spend the 24 million she made when RNC tapped her 08?

Redford on July 19, 2012 at 4:27 PM

What should she spend her money on specifically?

cs89 on July 19, 2012 at 4:40 PM

This hero worship of Romney has to stop. Its like a cult or something. St. Mitt the Victimized and his congregation of blind followers needs to be de-programmed.

SparkPlug on July 19, 2012 at 4:41 PM

cs89 on July 19, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Shut up you disgusting Hobbit! :)

Buckshot Bill on July 19, 2012 at 4:41 PM

SparkPlug on July 19, 2012 at 4:41 PM

**snort**

kingsjester on July 19, 2012 at 4:42 PM

SparkPlug on July 19, 2012 at 4:41 PM

They’ll all disappear after November. Even if Mitt wins. They won’t want to defend him when he bails on repealing O-care.

Buckshot Bill on July 19, 2012 at 4:42 PM

It is csdeven! You can have multiple usernames here? Reminds me of Yahoo chat. Hackers will ruin this forum.

mike_NC9 on July 19, 2012 at 4:45 PM

mike_NC9 on July 19, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Well, if that’s the case, I want to start a new username as Zap_Rowsdower.

Buckshot Bill on July 19, 2012 at 4:47 PM

katy the mean old lady on July 19, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Aging really sucks most of the time. Good luck and prayers for your swift recovery.

wolfsDad on July 19, 2012 at 4:48 PM

cs89 on July 19, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Yes. The Republican Party is famous for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. I’m just hoping that in this year – of all years – they don’t do that.

TarheelBen on July 19, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Yeah. And I’m a blonde 22 year old Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader named Buffy.

kingsjester on July 19, 2012 at 4:32 PM

That might be too much information for a public blog but to each his own.

sherry on July 19, 2012 at 4:49 PM

All it takes is a rumor to start a stampede of idiots.

Adjoran on July 19, 2012 at 4:50 PM

This hero worship of Romney Palin has to stop. Its like a cult or something. St. Mitt Sarah the Victimized and his congregation of blind followers needs to be de-programmed.

SparkPlug on July 19, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Fixed for accuracy. You’re welcome.

changer1701 on July 19, 2012 at 4:50 PM

That might be too much information for a public blog but to each his own.

sherry on July 19, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Not really, there must be at least a thousand of those. Doesn’t really narrow things down much.

Buckshot Bill on July 19, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Fixed for accuracy. You’re welcome.

changer1701 on July 19, 2012 at 4:50 PM

You kind of missed the point, didn’t you?

Buckshot Bill on July 19, 2012 at 4:51 PM

cs89 on July 19, 2012 at 4:38 PM

I’ll never forget it. It was the first time that I really began to comprehend that the Republican party hates the conservative base.

Buckshot Bill on July 19, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Don’t agree. They won’t want to admit they were wrong and plus, Romney will need them to defend his policies. Remember that severla of the people who most vocally support Romney now staunchly defended Boehner & crew when they caved to the Democrats on the debt ceiling last year (as well as on numerous other issues).

Doomberg on July 19, 2012 at 4:52 PM

mike_NC9 on July 19, 2012 at 4:45 PM

One way to know for sure. Probe her musical tastes. Let me know what they are and I’ll be able to tell you for sure.

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Ah that sweet smell of bonding. Go Team!

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Or did I spill a bottle of that wonderful. “Too sexy for you” Wolly World perfume?

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 4:55 PM

No, I don’t think anything’s confirmed right now.

Spoken like a true political hack…

The question should have been…have you been in touch with any of the proposed speakers and if so, whom?

I say with the noise made, Sarah will be contacted and asked…

right2bright on July 19, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 4:54 PM

Dude check it out.
as someone use to say AHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

MontanaMmmm on July 19, 2012 at 4:57 PM

TarheelBen on July 19, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Romney never got above the low 30′s during the primary. Why alienate the base? If moderates want to vote for Obama because of the Republican base, they deserve Obama. We have the right direction for the country, no need to hide from it. Moderates by definition can’t make up their mind, but they have to. Maybe you still need to be convinced. You may not like the way Sarah says things, but Mitt is sounding more like her every day. By the time the convention gets here, the endorsement may be ringing.

mike_NC9 on July 19, 2012 at 4:57 PM

csdeven?

SparkPlug on July 19, 2012 at 4:32 PM

I would swear csdevin is smarter. I’m tentatively operating under the assumption csdevin is joana. But that “St. Palin the Victimized” and variants is pretty suggestive …

Someone go grab a retina scanner.

Axe on July 19, 2012 at 4:58 PM

You kind of missed the point, didn’t you?

Buckshot Bill on July 19, 2012 at 4:51 PM

And what point was that? The idea that Romney has a cult of any sort is patently absurd and demonstrably false. After all, we’re constantly reminded that threads featuring him don’t garner nearly as many comments as those talking about you-know-who. If there was any hero worship going on, that wouldn’t be true.

changer1701 on July 19, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Buckshot Bill on July 19, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Doomberg on July 19, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Of course. ROmney’s not going to win, but assuming for the sake of argument that he does, and whiffs on O-Care, the blindly-worshiping ‘bot squad will be in here with their “What did the TrueCons expect??? That ANY president can overturn law and constitutional precedent????? Ignorant commie rubes…”

ddrintn on July 19, 2012 at 4:59 PM

All it takes is a rumor to start a stampede of idiots.
Adjoran on July 19, 2012 at 4:50 PM

Yup. Though HA shares in the blame in dragging out this non-story daily.

whatcat on July 19, 2012 at 5:00 PM

Yeah. And I’m a blonde 22 year old Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader named Buffy.

kingsjester on July 19, 2012 at 4:32 PM

Er … I clean up better than this, I swear.

Wait, nevermind. I’m holding out for Buffi, with an “i.”

Axe on July 19, 2012 at 5:00 PM

Mitt has been channeling Sarah Palin and Rush Limbaugh the past few days and look where it got him. Ahead in the polls!

mike_NC9 on July 19, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Fixed for accuracy. You’re welcome.

changer1701 on July 19, 2012 at 4:50 PM

They are creeping me out.

Buttercup on July 19, 2012 at 5:01 PM

MontanaMmmm on July 19, 2012 at 4:57 PM

“Let’s just say this,”

Love anything that starts with that. :)

Axe on July 19, 2012 at 5:02 PM

changer1701 on July 19, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Romney threads consist of his cultist ‘bots chest-bumping and shrieking “MOBY!!!!!!”

ddrintn on July 19, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Well, if that’s the case, I want to start a new username as Zap_Rowsdower.

Buckshot Bill on July 19, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Lol. I know that movie. I have the MST3K on DVD! :)
Man that movie stinks!

RedCrow on July 19, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Gotta bite the bullet and get cataracts removed. katy the mean old lady on July 19, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Got mine done in April. Highly recommended. Went from 20/70 to 20/25. Can read street signs just like a youngster and I don’t even wear glasses any more except for reading……plus, the night glare while driving? Gone.

a capella on July 19, 2012 at 5:03 PM

SparkPlug on July 19, 2012 at 4:41 PM

What? Mitt supporters over the top in their worship?

Never.

I for one am sick and tired of the gratuitous Mitt GQ handsome posts…if you hate good looking people I hate you!

freakin commies

windansea on January 17, 2008 at 9:11 PM

But the fact remains that the people of MA want Masscare and have given the state the right to implement it on them. Who are you to deny them the right to give up their right?

csdeven on December 28, 2011 at 7:36 PM

Mitt is very handsome, intelligent, attractive man. He looks like Matthew Fox’s, from Lost, distinguished, older brother. Plus it’s kinda sexy that he can speak French…..ooh la la!

sheryl on January 16, 2008 at 11:06 PM

BakerAllie- I say this with all sincerity- I think Romney is going to be a better president than Reagan.

drballard on October 11, 2011 at 4:52 PM

(If) Palin’s in, I keep my money out of this country, I don’t hire, and I vote for Obama. Sucks for you. Not my problem.

Carolina21 on December 28, 2011 at 12:22 PM

portlandon on July 19, 2012 at 5:08 PM

It makes perfect sense to me.

casuist on July 19, 2012 at 4:33 PM

NOT. even close to the truth…

g2825m on July 19, 2012 at 5:08 PM

ddrintn on July 19, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Most of the Moby’s that blew in from the pre-announced Jan double open registration have gotten the boot, only a few pop up every now and then to try to stir up trouble.

whatcat on July 19, 2012 at 5:08 PM

SparkPlug on July 19, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Fixed.

SparkPlug on July 19, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Yeah. And I’m a blonde 22 year old Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader named Buffy.

kingsjester on July 19, 2012 at 4:32 PM

Go Cowboys!!!

g2825m on July 19, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Yeah. And I’m a blonde 22 year old Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader named Buffy.

kingsjester on July 19, 2012 at 4:32 PM

Cool, free later on tonight?

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 4:33 PM

PALETTE CLEANSER BABY!!

ToddPA on July 19, 2012 at 5:08 PM

mike_NC9 on July 19, 2012 at 4:57 PM

Not sure what you mean. I LOVE the way Sarah says things. My opinion is that it would be stupid and suicidal for Romney and the Republican Party to snub her – and further alienate Romney from a conservative base that is already somewhat skeptical of him.

TarheelBen on July 19, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Mitt has been channeling Sarah Palin and Rush Limbaugh the past few days and look where it got him. Ahead in the polls one poll!

mike_NC9 on July 19, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Not even Rush and Sarah could stop that trainwreck.

ddrintn on July 19, 2012 at 5:09 PM

Buckshot Bill on July 19, 2012 at 4:42 PM

You know that Romney (or any president, say a President Palin) won’t be able to sit down in the oval office and simply “declare” Odumbocare repealed, right?

The only president ever allowed to “rule by decree” has been Odumbo. I wonder why that is…?

Anyway, it’s why we need to take the Senate so bad. And, I highly doubt that.

RedCrow on July 19, 2012 at 5:09 PM

portlandon on July 19, 2012 at 5:08 PM

THREAD WINNER.

EXCELLENT.

SparkPlug on July 19, 2012 at 5:10 PM

ddrintn on July 19, 2012 at 5:03 PM

ok Ten Second Tom. You haven’t had one original thought provoking comment ever. Everyones a liar! Everyones a RINO except Palin!
Grab your torch and pitch forks. Rinse Repeat.

Buttercup on July 19, 2012 at 5:11 PM

Totally OT, but this looks to be the most active threads. Hey HotAir, this needs its own thread:

Pelosi calls Romney taxes issue a distraction — after calls start growing for her and all other members of Congress to release THEIR taxes!

Ha!

Rational Thought on July 19, 2012 at 5:11 PM

whatcat on July 19, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Heck, I’ve been here since November 2008, have changed my opinions only slightly, and since a bunch of the ‘Bot Squad rolled in during the 2 open registrations have been called a Moby regularly. Not to mention a filthy commie bastard. All for refusing to kiss Romney’s ass. He doesn’t have a cult? My ass.

ddrintn on July 19, 2012 at 5:12 PM

ok Ten Second Tom. You haven’t had one original thought provoking comment ever.

Buttercup on July 19, 2012 at 5:11 PM

More than you. Nice straw man, by the way.

ddrintn on July 19, 2012 at 5:13 PM

Ha!

Rational Thought on July 19, 2012 at 5:11 PM

Lol. I’m sooo surprised that they didn’t see that coming. Normally, they anticipate things so well.

RedCrow on July 19, 2012 at 5:14 PM

by the way…I just wanted to let you know I DID get my invitation in the mail to speak at the Convention.

Though it is to speak at the Nigerian Convention after I send in my $12,500 check.

I mean this should be legit, right?

g2825m on July 19, 2012 at 5:14 PM

I want to 100% agree with those that have said that even though no OFFICIAL invitations have been sent out and the FINAL SCHEDULE hasn’t been done yet, it is laughable that PRELIMINARY discussions with politicians have not already been done with every probable speaker.

Palin knows when she had those discussions last time in 2008. Palin has likely talked with other politicians this time as to whether they have been asked yet. And she knows Romney wasn’t planning on letting her speak cause she wasn’t asked.

And their plans have blown up in their face.

KMav on July 19, 2012 at 5:14 PM

portlandon on July 19, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Always enjoyed the csdeven one the most. Funny!

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 5:15 PM

RedCrow on July 19, 2012 at 5:09 PM

ROFL…see my comment above. They’ve started early. B-b-b-but Mitt PROMISED that on Day One ™ he’d repeal or something! His ‘bots told me so!

ddrintn on July 19, 2012 at 5:15 PM

g2825m on July 19, 2012 at 5:14 PM

I don’t know, can you bring a couple million supporters with you?

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 5:16 PM

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Hey there, B.
Need floss?

RedCrow on July 19, 2012 at 5:16 PM

Love anything that starts with that. :)

Axe on July 19, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Thanks for noticing, this is one of the hags that mocked my churches president regarding the contraception mandate.
Karmas a … well she knows who she is.

MontanaMmmm on July 19, 2012 at 5:16 PM

Yeah. And I’m a blonde 22 year old Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader named Buffy.

kingsjester on July 19, 2012 at 4:32 PM

I’m Batman!

Rio Linda Refugee on July 19, 2012 at 5:16 PM

g2825m on July 19, 2012 at 5:14 PM

I don’t know, can you bring a couple million supporters with you?

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 5:16 PM

My brochure said they were already going to be there…

g2825m on July 19, 2012 at 5:17 PM

Rio Linda Refugee on July 19, 2012 at 5:16 PM

LOL.

kingsjester on July 19, 2012 at 5:18 PM

His ‘bots told me so!

ddrintn on July 19, 2012 at 5:15 PM

What are you talking about?
Is what I said not correct?
Are you deranged?

RedCrow on July 19, 2012 at 5:18 PM

portlandon on July 19, 2012 at 5:08 PM

ROFL. That was awesome.

ddrintn on July 19, 2012 at 5:18 PM

His ‘bots told me so!

ddrintn on July 19, 2012 at 5:15 PM

What are you talking about?
Is what I said not correct?
Are you deranged?

RedCrow on July 19, 2012 at 5:18 PM

I’m talking about what the ‘bots told me. If you want to talk “deranged”, take it up with them.

ddrintn on July 19, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Hey there, B.
Need floss?

RedCrow on July 19, 2012 at 5:16 PM

; ) Nah, just getting here, Work. Looks like some more team spirit, or is that teen spirit?

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 5:19 PM

whatcat on July 19, 2012 at 5:08 PM

ddrintn

You’re just a PITA, not a Moby.
:D

But if you’re against the GOP nominee beating Obama, I have no idea why you’re here.

whatcat on July 19, 2012 at 5:20 PM

portlandon on July 19, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Always enjoyed the csdeven one the most. Funny!

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Guys you have to check out my OT comment at 4:57

MontanaMmmm on July 19, 2012 at 5:21 PM

ddrintn on July 19, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Okay, chief.
You might want to take a little break. Get some air. Have a Coke.

RedCrow on July 19, 2012 at 5:21 PM

whatcat on July 19, 2012 at 5:20 PM

This is a conservative website, not a Republican cheering squad.

Does that answer your question?

sharrukin on July 19, 2012 at 5:22 PM

whatcat on July 19, 2012 at 5:20 PM

Gee, that’s what Palin said, “ABO”..:)

idesign on July 19, 2012 at 5:23 PM

ddrintn on July 19, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Okay, chief.
You might want to take a little break. Get some air. Have a Coke.

RedCrow on July 19, 2012 at 5:21 PM

Why? Simply because I’m repeating one of the ‘bot selling points that they’ve thrown around here for months now…and suddenly I’M the one who’s deranged? LOL

You’re just a PITA, not a Moby.
:D

whatcat on July 19, 2012 at 5:20 PM

I’m a PITA because deep down you know I’m right. “Against the GOP nominee beating Obama”? No. I’m just telling you a simple fact of existence, and that is: you nominate a squish, you lose.

ddrintn on July 19, 2012 at 5:26 PM

But at least we got THREE threads that are 4+ pages long about someone that clearly no one cares about maybe not getting an invite. So there’s that.

DrAllecon on July 19, 2012 at 5:28 PM

as someone use to say AHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

MontanaMmmm on July 19, 2012 at 4:57 PM

Funny! A ringing endorsement of The 0 Economy, then the trouble for her begins. She/they are coming unhinged. Funny! Thanks for that, I needed a good laugh. ; )

Bmore on July 19, 2012 at 5:29 PM

ddrintn on July 19, 2012 at 5:26 PM

ddrintn…I may be a “Bot” to you, who knows, but I have always predicted that Romney will by 5-7%. Obama is NOT going to be currying all those votes he did last time from all the so-called Special interest groups…

He also just revealed himself AGAIN on who he truly is and I believe this time people will see it because early on in his administration they WANTED to give him the benefit of the doubt but after 3 1/2 yrs with a track record they realize “Rush is right” that “I hope he fails” should have been followed. :o)

g2825m on July 19, 2012 at 5:32 PM

ddrintn on July 19, 2012 at 5:12 PM

I’ve been here since 2006 when Hotair first started and I’m still optimistic in spite of those of you that dwell on the negative. It’s almost as if you want to dampen someone spirits just because you can. Are you from Vermont?

mike_NC9 on July 19, 2012 at 5:37 PM

g2825m on July 19, 2012 at 5:32 PM

A 5-7% win by Romney would probably mean he gets 300+ electoral votes. Sorry, that’s just not happening,

ddrintn on July 19, 2012 at 5:38 PM

whatcat on July 19, 2012 at 5:20 PM

This is a conservative website, not a Republican cheering squad.
sharrukin on July 19, 2012 at 5:22 PM

I see – in your world, HA exists to try to take down the GOP candidate for President. I daresay that’s a novel take on things.

whatcat on July 19, 2012 at 5:44 PM

This is a conservative website, not a Republican cheering squad.
sharrukin on July 19, 2012 at 5:22 PM

This place hasn’t been a conservative website for some time now.

Rio Linda Refugee on July 19, 2012 at 5:48 PM

g2825m on July 19, 2012 at 5:32 PM

ddrintn on July 19, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Watch and see, my friend! at LEAST a win by 5% The tidal wave will start from the East Coast and work its way westward so that by the time you get to states like Iowa, CO, NV, etc that Obama would think he’ll win the western half of the country will see the wave coming and vote along with the wave. :o)

g2825m on July 19, 2012 at 5:49 PM

whatcat on July 19, 2012 at 5:44 PM

I have a suggestion for you. Go back in the archives here from January 2008 on and compare the editorial stance here toward John McCain with the stance toward Romney now. This advertises itself as a conservative site, not as MittRomneyCentral II or The Voice of the GOPe.

ddrintn on July 19, 2012 at 5:51 PM

SparkPlug on July 19, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Off with your head, you moron…you should be ashamed of yourself, using Mitt Romney’s name in vain…thou ought to lose thine headith.

And when Mitt gets his own world…you will regret what you have said as you slave for his glory, oh man of little faith.

right2bright on July 19, 2012 at 5:51 PM

This is a conservative website, not a Republican cheering squad.
sharrukin on July 19, 2012 at 5:22 PM

whatcat on July 19, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Well at least you are admitting that conservatism has very little to do with Romney, the GOP candidate for president.

sharrukin on July 19, 2012 at 5:53 PM

This place hasn’t been a conservative website for some time now.

Rio Linda Refugee on July 19, 2012 at 5:48 PM

It’s not what it was, that’s certain, but it hasn’t totally gone Rino.

sharrukin on July 19, 2012 at 5:55 PM

I just needed to clear the air here and make a lighthearted observation that the picture of Reince on this post makes me think he was an absolutely adorable child.

Good thing, too, given that his parents saddled him with such an awful name.

chelie on July 19, 2012 at 5:59 PM

whatcat on July 19, 2012 at 5:44 PM

sharrukin on July 19, 2012 at 5:53 PM

Your fantasies aren’t very exciting but, as I said, in their own way they’re special nonetheless. Carry on.

whatcat on July 19, 2012 at 5:59 PM

whatcat on July 19, 2012 at 5:20 PM

Funny, you wrote that. Many conservative enthusiasts like me are starting to forget this site.

It used to be a hallmark of conservative idealism. Nowadays, it is already of a net of elitist cats, in the mold of Anne Coulter.

Sad that it’s no longer owned by Michelle M.

TheAlamos on July 19, 2012 at 5:59 PM