The Ed Morrissey Show: Guy Benson, Mary Katharine Ham

posted at 1:38 pm on July 18, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Today on The Ed Morrissey Show (3 pm ET), we’re back from a two-day hiatus due to illness — and we’re back with HamCam! Today’s a Salem All-Stars show, starting with Townhall political editor Guy Benson, followed by our newest colleague Mary Katharine Ham on Skype.  Trust me, you don’t want to miss today’s show…

The Ed Morrissey Show and its dynamic chatroom can be seen on the permanent TEMS page — be sure to join us, and don’t forget to keep up with the debate on my Facebook page, too!

Video streaming by Ustream

Marizela Perez has been missing for a year.

Marizela’s case has a connection here at Hot Air, as she is the cousin of the Boss Emeritus, Michelle Malkin. Michelle is trying to spread the word through Facebook and Q13Fox/KCPQ in Seattle. We want to encourage prayers for Marizela’s family, and also try to reach anyone in the area who knows where Marizela might be and ask them to contact the police.

The search has its own website now, Find Marizela, for the latest in the efforts to bring Marizela home. There is also a fund for the family to keep the search efforts going. Be sure to check there and at Michelle’s site for further developments, and keep the family in your prayers.

America’s Most Wanted is now on the case, too.

Michelle had an update on the case on the one-year anniversary:

Exactly one year ago today, my 18-year-old cousin Marizela (known affectionately to her family and friends as “Emem” or “Mei”) Perez disappeared from the University of Washington campus in Seattle.

She is still missing.

Those words form on the computer screen with disembodied disbelief. But my heart is screaming:

SHE IS STILL MISSING. WHY, DEAR GOD, WHY?!!!!!

The not-knowing is every parent’s worst nightmare. It brought normal life to a standstill for Marizela’s parents, Edgar and Jasmin. And yet, they have to keep living and working and praying for their only daughter. Because that is what they must do. Their strength and dignity through all the suffering has been an inspiration to me.

There have been no new developments in Emem’s case. No word from the police or the medical examiner’s office. No activity on her bank accounts or social media accounts.

And no response from the Google legal department to our request for help in January.

Keep the prayers coming.

Comments

Love that picture.

And Mary Katharine, did I see a ring on your finger in a recent pic? What’s the scoop?

Ward Cleaver on July 18, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Hurras for MKH!

I wish I knew what to post to Michelle concerning her cousin. I just do not have the words needed to express how sorry I am about her disappearance.

DannoJyd on July 18, 2012 at 1:46 PM

The real female talent here is Erika Johnsen. There hasn’t been a more talented female writer here since Michelle Malkin.

meci on July 18, 2012 at 2:05 PM

Ward Cleaver on July 18, 2012 at 1:42 PM

MKH got married a bit over a year ago.

Karl on July 18, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Time for that Ed Guy Ham show.

Ham, your Twitter picture rocks. Gives me a case of the Chris Matthews, tingles…

swamp_yankee on July 18, 2012 at 2:11 PM

meci on July 18, 2012 at 2:05 PM

Tina?

nazo311 on July 18, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Ed, glad to see the show back up. I was worried you were leaving us. You’re not leaving us are you?

Bmore on July 18, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Feel better, if it was you that was sick Ed. You work too hard.

Bmore on July 18, 2012 at 2:15 PM

MKH got married a bit over a year ago.

Karl on July 18, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Wow, didn’t know that. Who’s the lucky guy?

Ward Cleaver on July 18, 2012 at 2:37 PM

…burning the candles at both ends Ed…
I have 5-hour ENERGY in Berry and Grape if you need some!

KOOLAID2 on July 18, 2012 at 2:42 PM

Love that picture.

Ward Cleaver on July 18, 2012 at 1:42 PM

WE’RE TELLING MOM…you’re ASKING!!!
…………………………….Wally & Beaver

KOOLAID2 on July 18, 2012 at 2:46 PM

meci on July 18, 2012 at 2:05 PM

Tina?

nazo311 on July 18, 2012 at 2:12 PM

I didn’t care much for Tina. I really like Erika’s writing style, content and sarcasm.

Buttercup on July 18, 2012 at 3:48 PM

I hope whoever was ill is fully recovered now. Welcome back !!!!

Cindy Munford on July 18, 2012 at 3:56 PM

MKHam, just a heads up: you’ll need to renew the domain registration for mkhammertime.com if you want to keep that domain name, it expired yesterday. If you were planning on dumping that domain name, then neverrrr-miiind.

whatcat on July 18, 2012 at 4:17 PM

First Hugh Hewitt, now Ed Morrisey?

Guy and MK, are you guys in a FB relationship yet?

socalcon on July 18, 2012 at 7:07 PM