CBS/NYT poll shows voter enthusiasm among GOP sharply rising

posted at 10:41 am on July 18, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

After spending tens of millions of dollars trying to demonize Mitt Romney over the last two months, Barack Obama and his campaign had hoped to erode any enthusiasm for the Republican nominee.  According to the new CBS/NYT poll, not only have they failed, the effort may be backfiring:

Meantime, three and a half months before election day, Republican enthusiasm about voting this year has shot up since Mitt Romney clinched the nomination in April, from 36 percent of Republicans saying they were more enthusiastic in March to 49 percent now.

President Obama was helped to election in 2008 by a wave of voter enthusiasm among Democrats, however this year, Democratic enthusiasm is down a bit since March. Twenty-seven percent of Democrats said they were more enthusiastic about voting this year than they were in past elections, compared to 30 percent four months ago. And 48 percent of Democrats say their enthusiasm this year is the same as past elections, compared to 39 percent who answered the same question in March.

Independent voters’ enthusiasm is also up with 29 percent saying they’re more enthusiastic now from 22 percent four months ago.

Overall, voters aren’t as enthusiastic about this year’s election as they were in 2008. Just 33 percent of all registered voters said they were more enthusiastic this year than they were for past elections, compared to 41 percent in March 2008.

The CBS/NYT poll isn’t exactly known for its sample quality, so it will be interesting to see how that overall enthusiasm number relates to the D/R/I split.  If Republican enthusiasm increased by thirteen points and independents by seven points, the overall drop of only eight points seems a little low.

The big takeaway, though, is that 49% of Republicans and 29% of independents express increased enthusiasm for this election, while only 27% of Democrats say the same thing.  If Obama’s attacks are depressing enthusiasm, it’s pretty clear whose enthusiasm he’s depressing.  That was always the risk for a candidate whose main qualification for office was hope and change, and whose signature outcome has been economic stagnation.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

bluealice on July 18, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Romney has a thread here? Did he finally do something worth doing a topic about? /shock

DannoJyd on July 18, 2012 at 2:39 PM

Voting for Romney the Republican nominee, whoever it is, with a heavy heart, because no matter who wins the Presidential election, I don’t see a good outcome for the country for at least a generation. [self-censoring my long depressing essay on why]

Mary in LA on July 18, 2012 at 2:38 PM

FIFM.

Mary in LA on July 18, 2012 at 2:40 PM

Now tell us again why you’re voting for O’bama in November.

Del Dolemonte on July 18, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Because YOU CONVINCED ME TO GO VOTE FOR 0bama while you sit at home again.

DannoJyd on July 18, 2012 at 2:41 PM

News reports state that Gary’s polling numbers are increasing so don’t lose that money.

DannoJyd on July 18, 2012 at 2:37 PM

Okay, I will regret this in the morning…but *who’s* poll showing the Johnson Tidal Wave approaching?

BTW I have more than enough confidence in saying here that Johnson will be President in His (and your) mind only.

Not. Gonna. Happen.

BlaxPac on July 18, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Not. Gonna. Happen.

BlaxPac on July 18, 2012 at 2:49 PM

I’ve been giving links to lazy liberals here all day. IF you REALLY want to know what’s happening in todays rhelm of politics I’m sure you will go get that information yourself.

Or to use your own words:
Not. Gonna. Happen.

DannoJyd on July 18, 2012 at 2:52 PM

I cant wait to vote, can we vote on Labor Day?

Fleuries on July 18, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Who’s Gary Johnson?

Buttercup on July 18, 2012 at 3:04 PM

Who’s Gary Johnson?

Buttercup on July 18, 2012 at 3:04 PM

Husky guy with a ponytail. Has a nutty website. Also an avid outdoorsman and fur trapper.

slickwillie2001 on July 18, 2012 at 3:07 PM

Danno, i’ve looked at the links, and checked out Johnsons website…and i still cant agree with him on anything more than a niche issue, and he’s still unelectable to boot.

Ron Paul would garner more votes, and yet he isn’t the President either.

So whats the common denominator? Besides that they’re both suck a** candidiates?

Or to use your own words:
Not. Gonna. Happen.

DannoJyd on July 18, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Sigh: and yet, they will be the same words you’ll use in November as Gary Johnson 2012 buttons & balloons will go into the CLEARANCE aisle along with the Tsongas 1980! & LaRouche (1970′s & 1980′s) paraphernalia.

BlaxPac on July 18, 2012 at 3:12 PM

slickwillie2001 on July 18, 2012 at 3:07 PM

Oh yeah that guy. I think I saw him at a NORML convention. He was the one in a hemp toga and davy crocket hat.

Buttercup on July 18, 2012 at 3:23 PM

You can bet your sweet a$$ that this poll was taken prior to
the “Palin not speaking at the convention” controversy.

Amjean on July 18, 2012 at 3:24 PM

BlaxPac on July 18, 2012 at 3:12 PM

It is funny that you mention that. You see, I’ve still got a few McCain/Palin 4′x8′ lawn signs [I spent $200.00 to get those since the MIGOP refused to supply them for us] in my garage and I am considering buying some from the Johnson campaign this year IF ROMNEY DOES NOT GET OFF OF HIS ARSE!

You see, I didn’t work my arse off in 2008 to give 0bama the win, and if Romney supporters who stayed at home won’t get busy this year I might as well work to elect the real Conservative.

BTW, how many of those McCain signs would you like to buy? I’ll sell them cheap and pay for the shipping. /s

DannoJyd on July 18, 2012 at 3:29 PM

BlaxPac on July 18, 2012 at 3:12 PM

Frack it! I’m getting DISGUSTED with all of the piss poor Romney news, so I decided to get some links for you:

Gary Johnson: It’s not just a two-man race

and:

NM: Johnson doubles ranking in presidential poll

Note that both articles are less than a week old.

DannoJyd on July 18, 2012 at 3:35 PM

Hate to do this to you, but NO Libertarian Candidate has cracked 1% of the vote, certainly not in 20-plus years…Gary will get fewer votes than Jill Stein of the Green Party…and the other link is GARY JOHNSON proclaiming it’s not a two man race….ksorry it still is.

JFKY on July 18, 2012 at 3:44 PM

You can bet your sweet a$$ that this poll was taken prior to
the “Palin not speaking at the convention” controversy.

Amjean on July 18, 2012 at 3:24 PM

Yeah, like te independnts give a shite about Palin…

jimver on July 18, 2012 at 3:47 PM

DannoJyd on July 18, 2012 at 3:35 PM

You’re talking about the latest JZ Analytics(John Zogby)/Washington Times poll. Johnson moving up 2% (from 2% to 4%) in a poll with an MOE of 3.5% is not statistically significant (in the technical sense of the term). Not much has happened in the last month except in some of the underlying dynamics (a drop in Obama enthusiasm that is well outside the MOE, for example).

What is interesting to me (and not from this particular poll, but others that I recently saw) is that after a month of relentless attacks on Romney by the Obama campaign, his (Romney’s) favorables have actually increased and his unfavorables decreased, slightly outside the MOE.

HTL on July 18, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Now tell us again why you’re voting for O’bama in November.

Del Dolemonte on July 18, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Because YOU CONVINCED ME TO GO VOTE FOR 0bama while you sit at home again.

DannoJyd on July 18, 2012 at 2:41 PM

I voted in 2008. For the Republican candidate.

Now shouldn’t you and Gary Johnson be frying up some squirrels for dinner or something?

Del Dolemonte on July 18, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Del Dolemonte on July 18, 2012 at 4:01 PM

YOU WIN! YOU PUT THE IDEA IN MY HEAD TO GO VOTE FOR 0BAMA, SO I WILL!

GO TAKE YOUR BOW!!!!

DannoJyd on July 18, 2012 at 4:07 PM

HTL on July 18, 2012 at 3:55 PM

I’m not actually ‘talking’ about anything here, and that Romney poll is not statistically significant (in the technical sense of the term). Not much has happened in the last month except in some of the underlying dynamics.

Did you know that Romney is trying to keep Johnson off of the ballot in Michigan? The coward will fail and THAT IS significant.

DannoJyd on July 18, 2012 at 4:11 PM

YOU WIN! YOU PUT THE IDEA IN MY HEAD TO GO VOTE FOR 0BAMA, SO I WILL!

GO TAKE YOUR BOW!!!!

DannoJyd on July 18, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Man you’re easy.

Buttercup on July 18, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Buttercup on July 18, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Hey! If the liberal supporters of RINO Romney can compromise their integrity so can I. I’ll go ahead and vote for the real thing instead of 0bama White. /smug

DannoJyd on July 18, 2012 at 4:23 PM

DannoJyd on July 18, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Geez. What do you want us to say? Most of us were for other people and are NOT thrilled with Romney, but realize the importance of getting rid of Obama to give us another four years to continue the fight.

All you are doing is irritating people with your silliness. It’s really too bad you missed the tribal wars during the early primary as you would have seen that Romney was not in the top 10 for most people here.

Just stop. All you are doing is beclowning yourself and showing that you have no idea of how people got to this point.

kim roy on July 18, 2012 at 4:38 PM

“Promised”? That wasn’t the word I used. Squishes don’t promise. They just wave vague carroty things. And don’t hand me the line of shit that no one said Romney isn’t going to win back these blue states. You know it’s not true.

So I ask again, what was the rationale for nominating Romney? ANY of those GOP candidates could’ve won the states McCain did. Any of them.

ddrintn on July 18, 2012 at 2:37 PM

Here’s your quote again:

No, not only my expectation. Romney was sold as Mr Electable. Why, he was even going to turn states like NH, VA, IA, CO, PA and MI red.

ddrintn on July 18, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Who said he was going to turn all those states red?

Chuck Schick on July 18, 2012 at 4:40 PM

DannoJyd on July 18, 2012 at 2:37 PM

Link?

Chuck Schick on July 18, 2012 at 4:41 PM

You can bet your sweet a$$ that this poll was taken prior to
the “Palin not speaking at the convention” controversy.

Amjean on July 18, 2012 at 3:24 PM

Yeah, like te independnts give a shite about Palin…

jimver on July 18, 2012 at 3:47 PM

Conservatives care about Palin. Whacko libs, not so much.
What are you? No, wait….don’t answer. I already guessed.

Amjean on July 18, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Link?

Chuck Schick on July 18, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Since the increasingly unhinged Gary Johnson supporter known as DannoJyd will only give you links to thir party links referring to the poll while desperately spinning it for Johnson (including one from Johnson himself), here is a link to the actual poll results. By the way, JZ stands for John Zogby.

Note that the sample size is 893 and that means Johnson is getting about 44 people who say they would vote for him. Now here’s the money quote from Zogby:

Subsets of the data have a larger margin of error than the whole data set. As a rule we do not rely on the validity of very small subsets of the data especially sets smaller than 50-75 respondents.

So Johnson’s support remains, statistically, indistinguishable from zero.

HTL on July 18, 2012 at 5:00 PM

Here’s your quote again:

ddrintn on July 18, 2012 at 1:28 PM

Who said he was going to turn all those states red?

Chuck Schick on July 18, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Oh, give me a break. You think you’re being really clever. So tell me, was the rationale for Romney’s nomination that he could win the states McCain won in 2008? Rick Perry would’ve had an easier time at that. Of COURSE Romney’s been sold all along as the guy who could pick up blue states here and there. But it’s not happening.

ddrintn on July 18, 2012 at 5:03 PM

ddrintn on July 18, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Who said everything you’re saying was said?

Why can’t you answer a simple, straightforward question?

Chuck Schick on July 18, 2012 at 5:06 PM

HTL on July 18, 2012 at 5:00 PM

Doesn’t it bother you that this elected delegate/GOP grass roots volunteer/TEA Party Patriot has become unhinged by the Romney supporters? Well, it should. It should SCARE YOU INTO SIGNING UP AS A VOLUNTEER TODAY!!!

I would ask you if you had the courage of your convictions but we both know how silly that would be. /smug

DannoJyd on July 18, 2012 at 5:06 PM

All you are doing is irritating people with your silliness.

kim roy on July 18, 2012 at 4:38 PM

GOOD! I hope I put a bug right up where you sit since I AM IRRATED by the Romney supporters who think they can keep their lousy threadbare lazyboy recliners warm while people like I get stuck doing all of the hard work for them!!!

I’ve been uncomfortable every day I worked at the grass roots level. May you have as many uncomfortable days as I have.

DannoJyd on July 18, 2012 at 5:10 PM

ddrintn on July 18, 2012 at 5:03 PM

Actually, every state on that list, plus a few more (MI) are listed on RCP as in the “tossup” category, so your statement that “it’s not happening” is false on the face of it. Your smug attitude about it all just makes your distortions and endless repetition thereof all the more irritating.

If you are what passes for a Palin supporter these days, then I feel sorry for her. With a few more fans like you out winning the hearts and minds of America, pretty soon she’ll need to tie a pork chop to her leg just to get the puppy to play with her.

HTL on July 18, 2012 at 5:11 PM

Link?

Chuck Schick on July 18, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Here is your link. Enjoy it. /smug

DannoJyd on July 18, 2012 at 5:12 PM

HTL on July 18, 2012 at 5:11 PM

Since you are what poses as a Romney supporter I almost feel sorry for your beloved liberal. You see, Palin supporters are 20 times as more likely to get involved in grass roots efforts than are the LAZY Ron Me couch warmers.

DannoJyd on July 18, 2012 at 5:16 PM

The polls we read are really not that significant, they are for public consumption and used to sell articles and newspapers.
The internals, that the candidates pay for are what is important, and we will never see those…but we have an indication by how the candidates react, how they change their message.
Mitt, obviously, see him hurt a bit by Obama’s attacks, so he is counter attacking, the people want to elect a fighter. It is more of a strategy, than poll driven. Obama wants to get personal, so Mitt says, let’s get personal.

Obama is flailing away at everything personal, but nothing is sticking, he is bouncing from attack to another attack…a sign of panic. Desperate when you call one of the “cleanest” men in politics a possible felon.

Meanwhile, Pelosi is bailing out of the convention, she smells defeat, tough times in retaining any seats, she sees no coattails from Obama, definitively a sign of trouble for Obama.

Reid is talking about taking a “poison pill” he is so desperate, another sign the internals are not going their way.

And the campaign is still young, the conventions haven’t even begun…will the DNC cut way back or non at all to save money for the campaign? If so, they are desperate, like pulling the goalie out to tie the game.

No. the polls we see are not much use, except for trends…but what we don’t see, that is what we really see. And Obama is in trouble.

right2bright on July 18, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Here is your link. Enjoy it. /smug

DannoJyd on July 18, 2012 at 5:12 PM

At least you didn’t disprove yourself with that one, technically speaking. So did you go let the fumes out of the garage like I told you?

Chuck Schick on July 18, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Chuck Schick on July 18, 2012 at 5:19 PM

WOW! Just wow. You still think you were right and that Romney was THE generic candidate in those polls? ROTFLMAO!

A mind is such a terrible thing to waste. /smug

DannoJyd on July 18, 2012 at 5:27 PM

right2bright on July 18, 2012 at 5:19 PM

I seem to remember sentiments like that before …

OH YEAH! That a lot like what people were saying when I was busting arse to get McLame elected.

I really wish I had your faith.

DannoJyd on July 18, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Chuck Schick on July 18, 2012 at 5:19 PM

A mind is such a terrible thing to waste. /smug

DannoJyd on July 18, 2012 at 5:27 PM

Shorter DannoJyd: “No, I didn’t.”

HTL on July 18, 2012 at 5:31 PM

HTL on July 18, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Oh uninformed couch warmer, you missed the conversation where Chucky thought a poll I gave him a link to proved that Romney was ahead. It didn’t. That old poll showed the GENERIC Republican candidate beating 0bama by 6.

What ever happened to ABO? Romney happened.

DannoJyd on July 18, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Some eye candy for the liberal couch warmner:

As Gary Johnson’s campaign has gained steam and while his polling numbers were increasing, suddenly the media and polling doors have closed for the Johnson campaign. Johnson was polling as much as 9% in national polls (up from 2.4%), however as the time creeps closer to qualify for the national Presidential Debates which requires a minimum of 15% national polling, the rug has been pulled from under Johnson by not even allowing his name to be mentioned in any recent polling or during newscasts in the same sentence as Mitt Romney or Barack Obama. The only polling organization including Johnson’s name in their polling is Zogby.

The liberals are doing a pretty good job of leading the sheeple this year. /smug

DannoJyd on July 18, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Lets see, Romney is still out there, his campain and the PAC’s are collecting money & volunteers. He’s going after Obama on the economy, the war, etc.

So, as far as I can see, Romney is actually acting like he wants the job. Maybe he isn’t doing it the way I want down the line, but he’s doing it; and I might add, he’s doing it a lot more than McCain did in 2008.

Cripes you really pretzel yourself on this one. I am assuming of course you supported the 3rd party candidate in 08 because you didn’t agree with Obama or with McCain. So how did that 3rd party race work out?

If that “Real Conservative” was Paul or thereabout, then you’ve proven yet again that Paul can’t win, and that it the 3rd party whiners can’t put up a reasonable electable candidate.

DannoJyd on July 18, 2012 at 3:29 PM

Keep the sign, old son. After going into hock for the Johnson 2012 campaign that you are so obviously in the satchel for, I’m afraid you’ll need those signs to make a good hovel for you to dwell in.

BlaxPac on July 18, 2012 at 5:40 PM

A mind is such a terrible thing to waste. /smug

DannoJyd on July 18, 2012 at 5:27 PM

You’re back on the fumes. Go back and read your own post, Jethro.

Chuck Schick on July 18, 2012 at 5:41 PM

More polling news:

“It could spell trouble for Obama,” Zogby said. “Over the years, young voters haven’t been critical to national elections. But they’ve been critical as of late, certainly to Obama. They were essential in 2008 because their turnout increased dramatically, and he got their support by a factor of two to one. So it was a bigger pie in general, and Obama got a bigger piece of it.”

“But flip over to 2012,” he said, “and what you see is a lack of enthusiasm and a lack of confidence, not only in Obama, but in everybody, in everything. And so instead of Obama getting 66 percent of the young vote, the poll I did in May had him at 46 percent, and if that keeps up it could be disastrous.”

Young voters won’t go for Romney, Zogby said. But it is possible that some could be siphoned off by Gary Johnson, the Libertarian Party presidential candidate.

Yeah, Johnson will go nowhere all right. /s

DannoJyd on July 18, 2012 at 5:43 PM

Chuck Schick on July 18, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Relevance has never been your strong suit, eh?

DannoJyd on July 18, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Relevance has never been your strong suit, eh?

DannoJyd on July 18, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Here you go

Chuck Schick on July 18, 2012 at 5:49 PM

What ever happened to ABO? Romney happened.

DannoJyd on July 18, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Apparently you have lost track of the thread yourself. At 4:41 pm, Chuck was asking for you a link to the poll supporting your claim that “News reports state that Gary’s polling numbers are increasing…”

In reply, you helpfully directed him to a completely non sequitur article on RightWingNews talking about Mark Levin and Ann Coulter discussing Chris Christie. Which led to his comment that you didn’t actually disprove yourself, but inquiring if you let the fumes out of the garage.

BTW, I actually took the time to hunt down the actual poll behind your pro-Johnson spin, and demonstrated that it doesn’t show any statistically significant improvement for Johnson at all, and cited Zogby’s own words to prove it.

HTL on July 18, 2012 at 5:49 PM

Yeah, Johnson will go nowhere all right. /s

DannoJyd on July 18, 2012 at 5:43 PM

Johnson doesn’t have to go nowhere…he’s already living there. With a lovely mailbox to get all his rejection letters in.

Relevance has never been your strong suit, eh?

DannoJyd on July 18, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Says the supporter of a candidate that won’t even break double digits in a national election.

I know your dying to prove me and the other 95% of the electorate wrong by somehow making Johnson President, but really…dude, you are delusional, if you think it’s gonna happen.

BlaxPac on July 18, 2012 at 5:50 PM

BlaxPac on July 18, 2012 at 5:40 PM

We managed to bring in the vote for McLame in my county thanks to Sarah Palin’s appeal. Yes, he won in my neck of the woods but then again people over here aren’t as lazy as those in the rest of the country.

Go in hock? LMAO! I never said I would spend THOUSANDS. Just some pocket change. Say about $200.00. I will admit that I have considered opening up a Johnson Campaign HQ here though. I could easily afford to spend a few thousand.

The bottom line remains that I will work to defeat 0bama, and I refuse to vote for liberal 0bama White.

Do you know what I hate about those McLame signs? The darn things are laminated so they won’t absorb engine oil.

DannoJyd on July 18, 2012 at 5:51 PM

DannoJyd on July 18, 2012 at 5:51 PM

You are familiar with how elections work, right?

Chuck Schick on July 18, 2012 at 5:54 PM

HTL on July 18, 2012 at 5:49 PM

ROTFLMAO! YOU are about a day late and 10 dollars short. The conversation we had was MUCH earlier, the last link I gave him was to cheer up the lazy liberal, but of course you are the liberal expert on all things you aren’t involved with.

If you put 1% of your effort of trying to get my goat into trying to get Romney elected… never mind! You would have to get off of your couch to do that. /smug

DannoJyd on July 18, 2012 at 5:55 PM

You are familiar with how elections work, right?

Chuck Schick on July 18, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Let’s see. Worked at grass roots for over a decade, several stints as a poll watcher, assisted in 2 vote recounts, elected as a delegate and went to the MIGOP Convention in Detroit… I think I know more about elections than you couch potatoes think you think you know. LMAO!

DannoJyd on July 18, 2012 at 5:58 PM

So you want a medal? More than a few people voted for McCain because Palin was on the ticket. Some probably did regardless who was running on the GOP side because they saw Obama as the worse of the two choices.

You didn’t do anything more than anyone else did in 2008, so why act as if you did?

Then you don’t have the courage of your convictions if you didn’t already. If you truly believe that Johnson is the person to save the country, then you should be going into it as much as possible. Otherwise you’re being kinda lazy, no?

Which is nice, as is your right as a citizen. But that doesn’t always mean that the candidate you want is what everyone else wants. If Johnson is meant to be, then he’ll win…if he doesn’t win, then what does that say about Johnson?

DannoJyd on July 18, 2012 at 5:51 PM

Then don’t keep them. Write Johnson’s name on it and give them away. You’re supposed to be giving the public a reason to vote for your candidate, not a reason to avoid him because his supports are lunatics.

BlaxPac on July 18, 2012 at 6:00 PM

DannoJyd on July 18, 2012 at 5:55 PM

Go back and read Chuck’s post at 4:41 pm, where he quotes you and asks, very specifically, for a link to your claim about Gary Johnson’s fabulous polling numbers. To which you replied with a non sequitur link, citing his 4:41 post in your reply, at 5:12 pm, prompting his 5:19 pm comment about garage fumes. I really can’t make it any clearer for you at this point. You did have an earlier exchange about the “generic Republican” with him, but have been off topic and in the weeds ever since.

HTL on July 18, 2012 at 6:04 PM

BlaxPac on July 18, 2012 at 6:00 PM

So you want a medal? No, but you lazy couch potatoes should feel free to kiss my …

I guess you too worked as a poll watcher, worked as a meeter and greeter at your local GOP Victory HQ, and spent your own money to get lawn signs for McCain, right? BTW, what is the one thing a poll watcher is PROHIBITED from doing?
Then you don’t have the courage of your convictions if you didn’t already. Wrong again! I’m merely biding my time so as to save a few bucks and get a better feel for how badly Romney will be doing in September. You see, the real election happens in the last 2 months, but couch potatoes don’t realize that.
Then don’t keep them. I PAID FOR THOSE, and hope to shove them right up the @#$ of a few lousy couch potatoes who allowed 0bama to win in 2008.

Why aren’t you getting signed up, or working at your GOP Victory HQ? Never mind! We both know the answer to that. /smug

DannoJyd on July 18, 2012 at 6:10 PM

HTL on July 18, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Couch potato, start reading HERE so you can stop embarrassing yourself, then go sign up as a GOP Volunteer since you are in SUCH a desperate need of a hobby.

DannoJyd on July 18, 2012 at 6:13 PM

But the Donks have decided to let Willard erode it himself by dissing Palin.

SparkPlug on July 18, 2012 at 6:18 PM

You Goofy Johnson fans can’t turn the smug on and off with a slash. It seems to be your nature.

slickwillie2001 on July 18, 2012 at 6:21 PM

DannoJyd on July 18, 2012 at 2:37 PM

Link?

Chuck Schick on July 18, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Since you won’t go back and look it up for yourself, I’ve put the entire 4:41 post, with Chuck’s request for a link to your assertion about GJ’s polling numbers, right at the top of this post. Note that at this point the discussion with Chuck changed from your earlier exchanges about the mythical beast Republicanus Genericus to a new topic, so your continuing references to posts earlier in the thread are either moot or just plain wacky.

HTL on July 18, 2012 at 6:27 PM

No, but you lazy couch potatoes should feel free to kiss my …

If you pulled your head out of Gary Johnson’s nether region, you can stay bent over and kiss your own, buttercup.

WTF are you calling lazy? You don’t know who did what, or when during 2008, and I daresay, you telling us you are Karl Rove of the Motor City on the internet, don’t necessarily make it true.

Well here’s the thing: I never claimed to be a poll watcher OR a meeter/greeter for my GOP local office.

I will say I *have* given money to local GOP candidate, donated time and material (computer skills & supplies) to “get out the vote” grass-roots campaigns.

So again, don’t act as if you’re doing anything special, assuming you are telling the truth on here. Lots of people campaign for their candidate, some more than others. It doesn’t necessarily translate into a better candidate.

What in the name of Khan are you going on about? Yes, election matter *most* in Nov, especially in polls, but you cant not sit there and say with a straight face that Johnson will surge in those last 2 months because of …what again? Why is Johnson a better choice?

Whatever you’re growing to smoke, that is some wicked stuff, man

Okay so you didn’t support a 3rd party then. You supported McCain, and he lost. But now, you want to support a 3rd party of a virtual unknown fringe candidate and expect that to carry the day?

Stunning.

DannoJyd on July 18, 2012 at 6:10 PM

Well for one thing…you have no clue on why im not working for a “Victory HQ”, genuis.

Maybe because I am looking for work? Or going to school? Or working 2 part time jobs?

You see you have no clue. OTOH, that doesn’t mean i don’t make my pleasure or lack thereof known to my Party honchos, nor does it mean i don’t donate to candidate that are more spirited fighters than other. Even if it means withholding money from the Nation party, local candidate will get my support.

Did you know how many Likes and or Linked candidate like Jindal or West i have to my FB or Twitter account?

How about blogs? Do you even know if i blog or not, and who’s linked to my pages?

No, because you always come off sounding like one of those smug nit-noys that the DNC are full of…and always full of something.

BlaxPac on July 18, 2012 at 6:33 PM

BlaxPac on July 18, 2012 at 6:33 PM

I’ll see your Star Trek 2 reference, and raise you one:

“Don’t mince words, BlaxPac. What do you really think?”

HTL on July 18, 2012 at 6:39 PM

I’ll see your Star Trek 2 reference, and raise you one:

“Don’t mince words, BlaxPac. What do you really think?”

HTL on July 18, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Trust me, you DON’T want that…

:o)

BlaxPac on July 18, 2012 at 6:44 PM

BlaxPac on July 18, 2012 at 6:33 PM

Well! Thanks for proving me right then proving me right again. You see, I DO know you as you couch potatoes are like liberals with your excuses, false premises, disenginuous statements, and silly notions of how you are really really helping to get any candidate elected.

I won’t go into detail of my own obstacles I have/had to overcome to work in 2008 and 2010 at the grass roots level, but I have you beat hands down. I DO have a life, a family, and while my boss was a bit pissed at my demanding to be free so I could open our GOP Center for TWO MONTHS he allowed it because I am that necessary to his business. I refused to use him as an excuse or let him get in the way of taking back my country.

I WANT to come across as a smug, self assured SOB so that people like you will also want earn the right to demand more from voters, but I guess those durn couches keep getting in the way. I hope I really, REALLY get your goat. Maybe you could channel some of that anger into getting rid of 0bama. /smug

DannoJyd on July 18, 2012 at 6:47 PM

HTL on July 18, 2012 at 6:27 PM

DAYUMN! You are as THICK as Chucky! I’ll bet that YOU ARE CHUCKY!

Look closely, couch potato. Below is the relevant link, silly liberal:

With supporters like you Romney is certain to lose by double digits.

DannoJyd on July 18, 2012 at 6:50 PM

slickwillie2001 on July 18, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Did you sign up as a GOP volunteer yet or did your couch get in the way again. /smug

DannoJyd on July 18, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Danno, you’ve proven *nothing*, other than I am the typical Right Winger voter this cycle. I’ve donated cash and when I can, time, even if its just ringing doorbells. Deal with it.

Well, that’s a nice story, Danno, but some of us don’t have that luxury. Most companies, be you Management or Labor don’t care per se whom you campaign for, but they aren’t that generous about giving time off to their workers to do so.

Again, thats Bully for You, but most people here don’t have that flexability, and i would be suprised if 5 others could say thier boss would let them take that kind of time off.

You call it a excuse, my boss would call that prioritizing your life. A campaign isn’t that important vs family or a sick relative to be taken care of.

DannoJyd on July 18, 2012 at 6:47 PM

So again, without any support of facts, you call non-supporters of *your* choice “lazy couch potatoes” so they’ll get riled up enough to vote for *your* guy?

After you finish unfcuking that train of thought, tell me again how you know what I demand from voters?

As for using the /smug tag? SMUGNESS only works when you have a credible reason.

For example, I can say, smugly without a doubt that Gary Johnson will only be President in your fevered S&M dreams of him…

OTOH, I’m am cautiously smug that Romney will win the Presidency.

I’m willing to bet, how about you, Tingles, Jr?

BlaxPac on July 18, 2012 at 7:08 PM

BlaxPac on July 18, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Danno, you’ve proven *nothing*, other than I am the typical Right Winger voter this cycle. More like the typical right wing couch potato, many of whom stayed home in 2008 and gave 0bama the vote.

And before you ask, i will state i am Middle Management in my career, and have been a District Manager for past 10 with Company-wide (greater than 10k employees) responsibilities. And by golly you REALLY DESERVE that spare time you spend warming that couch!

You call it a excuse, my boss would call that prioritizing your life We’ll just call it allowing the corrupt-o-crats to ride rough shod on your @$$.

You keep that threadbare couch warm and soak up all that liberal propaganda like a good puppet should. You seem to have a knack for that. I’ll keep working to get REAL CONSERVATIVES elected and enjoy looking down on the little people like you. /VERY smug

DannoJyd on July 18, 2012 at 7:17 PM

But the Donks have decided to let Willard erode it himself by dissing Palin.

SparkPlug on July 18, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Good point, but the liberal Romney supporters don’t care as long as there is a couch they can warm.

DannoJyd on July 18, 2012 at 7:19 PM

ROTFLMAO! The GOP just robo-called me to BEG ME TO VOLUNTEER! HAHAhahaha…

Yep! Romney has all of the grass roots support he needs. [snicker]

DannoJyd on July 18, 2012 at 7:29 PM

ROTFLMAO! The GOP just robo-called me to BEG ME TO VOLUNTEER! HAHAhahaha…

Yep! Romney has all of the grass roots support he needs. [snicker]

DannoJyd on July 18, 2012 at 7:29 PM

I’m sure you were just excited that someone called you.

Chuck Schick on July 18, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Man, i know you will beat this horse to death and through the Afterlife, but did ever think than Obabam won because he was able to smooze the public better than McCain?

I voted for McCain, because of Palin, but people aren’t voting for President via the Veep. McCain wasn’t exciting or innovative enough to make it, and Obama with the help of the MSM covered his butt. I don’t have to like it it happened, same way it did with Clinton.

I again say, move on. This is 2012.

And by golly you REALLY DESERVE that spare time you spend warming that couch!

That’s right sport, I do and did. Just like i have the Right to decide to add another hour or 2 to my busy 70+ hour workweek, which unlike yours, required me to be reasonably on call at any time, barring Family emergency or Vacation.

Which for a lot of people that is the reality. You say you boss was understandable, as I said before, good for you. But since you don’t pay my bills or keep a roof over my head, I am better off for the time being, to obey my employers wishes.

We’ll just call it allowing the corrupt-o-crats to ride rough shod on your @$$.

True or not, until I am indecently wealthy via hard work, marriage or winning the Lottery. That’s a reality I share with a lot of folks.

DannoJyd on July 18, 2012 at 7:17 PM

Shrug, Like I said, you keep posting about how you’ll get REAL CONSERVATIVES elected, so back it up.

I am willing to bet reasonably that Gary Johnson won’t win the Presidency of 2012. Not saying who *will*, but I am saying hewon’t.

And the sad thing? Once the Convention is over, and you are standing there wondering why he isn’t the nominee…I guarantee you the reason you’ll give is because “the Establishment held him back!” and not that he’s as sharp as a bowling ball.

BlaxPac on July 18, 2012 at 7:50 PM

DAYUMN! You are as THICK as Chucky! I’ll bet that YOU ARE CHUCKY!

Look closely, couch potato. Below is the relevant link, silly liberal:

With supporters like you Romney is certain to lose by double digits.

DannoJyd on July 18, 2012 at 6:50 PM

I think you picked the wrong day to stop smoking/drinking/sniffing glue/huffing car fumes.

HTL on July 18, 2012 at 7:54 PM

HTL on July 18, 2012 at 7:54 PM

You could grind up Keith Richards and smoke him in a joint the size of a eclair and you still couldn’t be high enough to believe Gary Johnszzzzz will be President…

…But for Danno, that may be just enough….lol

BlaxPac on July 18, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Did not read through all the comments. Was it noted that Romney is +1 over Barry, in a CBS/NYT poll.

bayview on July 18, 2012 at 8:10 PM

BlaxPac on July 18, 2012 at 8:00 PM

My pledge to you: from here on out, every reply I direct to our common interlocutor will include at least one movie reference.

HTL on July 18, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Gee, I wondered why they were waiting until tonight to release this poll in its entirety, though I had my suspicions…and I was right! Romney is ahead 47-46 — and they’ve weighted the poll to be +7 democrats! So they’ve got their thumb waaaay hard on the scale, and Romney leads barack.

It gets worse…

barack unfavorable? 48%
Romney unfavorable? 36%

And Romney beats Obama on the economy, taxes, the deficit, and illegal immigration.
baack wins on…social issues.

And barack’s overall approval rating in this CBS/NYT poll with +7 democrats? 44%. That, folks, is not enough to win re-election.

I smell toast. Burning.

Rational Thought on July 18, 2012 at 8:10 PM

HTL on July 18, 2012 at 8:10 PM

LOL

BlaxPac on July 18, 2012 at 8:16 PM

Just one or two a most a day.

With Gary Johnson/Obama supporters we’ll run out of movies before we run of of stuff to make fun of.

BlaxPac on July 18, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Just one or two a most a day.

BlaxPac on July 18, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Ah. I see. I was just talking about this thread, but you are obviously a Big Picture Man. I agree. We should husband our resources for the long haul.

HTL on July 18, 2012 at 8:24 PM

Finally, some more Palin threads they can post 100 times each in.

Moesart on July 18, 2012 at 1:20 PM

Well you know the number of comments racked up is directly related to a persons relevance in the world or something.

Buttercup on July 18, 2012 at 1:31 PM

If anyone should know it would be you two.

Amjean on July 18, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Chuck Schick on July 18, 2012 at 7:41 PM

BlaxPac on July 18, 2012 at 8:00 PM

HTL on July 18, 2012 at 7:54 PM

I AM certain that YOU ALL will be delighted to learn that I, the AWE inspiring Danno Man, and elected delegate, WILL be attending the NEXT MIGOP Convention, to be held at DeVos Place in Grand Rapids on 9-7 through 9-8 where we elected delegates [not YOU] will elect 16 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTORS. I PROMISE to ABSOLUTELY NOT represent ANY OF YOU LIBERALS there, so you go enjoy that couch warming while I prepare to go make your decisions for you.

Just remember that when I’m not here posting I am doing the work you refuse to do. Again!

DannoJyd on July 18, 2012 at 10:03 PM

DannoJyd on July 18, 2012 at 10:03 PM

“GOP”. You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

P.S. My state already had its convention. Ron Paul got 5 out of 43 delegates. Good luck with that Gary Johnson thing.

P.P.S. “RINO”. See my comment regarding “GOP”, supra.

HTL on July 18, 2012 at 10:29 PM

HTL on July 18, 2012 at 10:29 PM

You THINK that Ron Paul only got 5 out of 43 delegates. You don’t KNOW for certain what any of those delegates have on their minds today.

These people got smart. They’ve been infiltrating the GOP across the country this year. In fact they impress the heck out of me, and I fully expect for there to be a big commotion at the National Convention this year.

I may even assist a few of them with that task this year. I wouldn’t mind watching them stick it to the RINO’s even a little bit, and perhaps I can put the bug in their ear about Johnson. HMMM!

DannoJyd on July 18, 2012 at 11:34 PM

If 4 seemingly identical posts of mine appear here do not blame me. Hot Air went all 0bama on me so I guess they are stuck in the moderation clique.

DannoJyd on July 18, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Well, if they are following their playbook from the last few times Paul ran for President, I got a feeling they’re thinking “Not this guy again”.

If it was Gary Johnszzz, it’ll be “Who’s this guy again”?

So basically they’ll “infiltrate” the grassroots to do what? Skew the results in a way they want?

They’s gonna to have to be a pretty big skew. Whole states in the Union would have to go for Paul and 5 or not, 5 isn’t going to make him President.

DannoJyd on July 18, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Knock yerself out, Playboy. You’re basically admitting to helping the opponents of your Junior High School crush, Gary Johnson. Does this mean you don’t want him to win?

And before you put a bug in his ear, try taking your tongue out of it first…

BlaxPac on July 19, 2012 at 12:06 AM

BlaxPac on July 18, 2012 at 3:12 PM

You forgot Anderson (1980) who got 6.6%, a number Gary can only dream of.

Difficultas_Est_Imperium on July 19, 2012 at 12:50 AM

You forgot Anderson (1980) who got 6.6%, a number Gary can only dream of.

Difficultas_Est_Imperium on July 19, 2012 at 12:50 AM

You got me there: I’m going by from what I remember when i was politically active.

Ironically enough. The last 3rd Party candidate to win with a large margin and actually make a dent in the RNC/DNC election was…Ross Perot.

Who also had, btw more name recognition than Gary Snoozer…and a better chance of being President now.

BlaxPac on July 19, 2012 at 1:07 AM

DannoJyd on July 18, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Go easy on the livestock.

Chuck Schick on July 19, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Go easy on the livestock.

Chuck Schick on July 19, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Smoking livestock is in now?

Explains some, not everything though.

BlaxPac on July 19, 2012 at 1:34 AM

bayview on July 18, 2012 at 8:10 PM

That seems to be lost in all the trolling. As well as the big margins Romney has on the economy and national debt. This poll was very bad for Team O.

strictnein on July 19, 2012 at 3:55 AM

What happens when the GOP supports a liberal for POTUS? THIS happens:

Congressional Republicans Conspiring With Liberals Behind Closed Doors to Raise Taxes

To the Romney supporters, Told Ya So!

DannoJyd on July 20, 2012 at 9:41 AM

Go easy on the livestock.

Chuck Schick on July 19, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Smoking livestock is in now?

Explains some, not everything though.

BlaxPac on July 19, 2012 at 1:34 AM

That is not very nice when taking inot account how I stuck up for one of you guys yesterday. You see, I came across a group that SWORE you were doing unspeakable things to dead road kill the other day. It was a dead donkey supposedly. [EWW!]

WELL, I, the AWE inspiring Danno Man, went out on a limb and told them they were all blatant liars [I hope I was right]. I told them I KNEW they were liars and I could prove it.

I told them I saw it get up and walk away when you were though.

DannoJyd on July 20, 2012 at 10:15 AM

CBS/NYT poll puts Romney up one over Obama

What a difference a single day makes.

Expected.