Heart Ache. The dream of a Ron Paul presidency is “smoked”

posted at 5:01 pm on July 15, 2012 by Jazz Shaw

Lest we forget, the Republican presidential primary is still going on. Well, sort of. Technically, anyway. And even in July there were still a few details to be worked out in accordance with the arcane rules of the party for this summer’s convention. One of those was whether or not Ron Paul’s name could be placed in contention for the nomination on the convention floor, giving the Texas congressman essentially a free ticket to speak to the crowd. This weekend, while few people were paying attention, it looks like the last nail was hammered in that coffin.

It looks like Ron Paul isn’t going to be officially nominated for the presidency in Tampa.

His backers failed to win a plurality of delegate slots at the Nebraska GOP convention Saturday, leaving the Texas congressman short of the support necessary to have his name placed into contention at the national convention.

According to national party rules, a candidate needs a plurality of the delegates in at least five states to have his name presented for the nomination – by falling short in Nebraska, the last state to hold its convention, Paul came up one state short.

As you will recall, while never in serious contention for the overall nomination, Paul’s supporters were incredibly effective in a number of states. It wasn’t just their ability to get out the vote, but years of experience with the byzantine rules of the caucus states and the ability to wring every last drop of support out of the local power structure.

Nebraska was bracing for the same “chaos” as it’s described in the article, but in the end it simply didn’t materialize. It would appear that too many of the adults in the room were well aware that the race was over, that it was time to get behind the nominee, and that to allow another stunt like the ones Paul’s people had pulled before would do nothing but embarrass the GOP. At this point it’s difficult to see what role, if any, Ron Paul will play at the convention now.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

…CHOOM…!!!

KOOLAID2 on July 15, 2012 at 5:05 PM

Ron Paul’s role? I think you summed it up nicely.

embarrass the GOP

MrX on July 15, 2012 at 5:05 PM

…Oh oh!…here they come!

KOOLAID2 on July 15, 2012 at 5:06 PM

Two good news. paul isn’t running for president and here in TX he said he wouldn’t run again here either. I just hope his son Rand is not like his dad one bit!

But, maybe Mitt can find a spot for paul when he is elected?
L

letget on July 15, 2012 at 5:06 PM

KOOLAID2 on July 15, 2012 at 5:06 PM

Yep.

BallisticBob on July 15, 2012 at 5:07 PM

This was all the work of those Jooos and their filthy gold.

/s

Cicero43 on July 15, 2012 at 5:07 PM

It would be nice if we could now separate the message of constitutional conservatism from Ron Paul and his Code-Pinko, occu-pooper followers.

stefanite on July 15, 2012 at 5:08 PM

While there are things about Romney that concern me, they pale in comparison to Obama. I would like to see Paul actively support Romney.

GaltBlvnAtty on July 15, 2012 at 5:08 PM

…would have been a better thread for Quotes of the Day…they all function better in the evening!…an easy thousand comments!

KOOLAID2 on July 15, 2012 at 5:09 PM

stefanite on July 15, 2012 at 5:08 PM

it wold be even nicer if he separated them himself :-)….

jimver on July 15, 2012 at 5:10 PM

Oh my Jazz, that picture almost makes me feel sorry for the ol’ fellow.

Flora Duh on July 15, 2012 at 5:11 PM

No more Unka Jed fanatics peppering the blogs? Oh noes!!!!

Tim Zank on July 15, 2012 at 5:11 PM

One hopes that the prospect of destroying Rand’s career will keep the tinfoil hats in line.

ConservativeLA on July 15, 2012 at 5:14 PM

But, maybe Mitt can find a spot for paul when he is elected?
L

letget on July 15, 2012 at 5:06 PM

I agree. He is good on financial, banking or economy topics.

Plus, don’t insult his followers. Except for his propellers on conspiracies and foreign policy he has good ideas and is right and the two parties are as corrupt as it can be and fallable on the land’s demise, both having grabbed power and enriched themselves on the status quo.

Schadenfreude on July 15, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Welcome aboard Paul supporters, many first-timers in the process!

Congrats and welcome aboard to bring the Party back to conservatism, constitutionalism and national pride!

I, as a county, district and state delegate honor your work and commitment and hope you help us defeat Barrack Obama and take the Party back from the RINO herd and Bushie big spenders!

Its either that or four more years of Obama and the end of this country as we know it. Help us change the Republican RINO Big Spenders party to a conservative party, from within before they exterminate themselves!
Bush was no conservative and neither was Juan McSame!

ConcealedKerry on July 15, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Maybe President Romney could make RonPaul Ambassador to Oregon or something like that? He’d have an interesting time up there for certain.

TKindred on July 15, 2012 at 5:17 PM

Heart Ache. The dream of a Ron Paul presidency is “smoked”

He shoots….anddd misses yet again.

Awww, so sorry Paul, maybe next season.

BlaxPac on July 15, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Ron Paul always struck me as someone I really wanted to like given how many of his policies I agreed with. He just went places where I couldn’t follow on too many issues. I actually respect him more than most of the current GOP clowns because he at least believed what he was saying, even though I disagreed with some of it.

sharrukin on July 15, 2012 at 5:19 PM

ConcealedKerry on July 15, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Well said. I just hope other people take note.

Barred on July 15, 2012 at 5:21 PM

Schadenfreude on July 15, 2012 at 5:15 PM

…totally…totally…and I mean…totally agree!

KOOLAID2 on July 15, 2012 at 5:23 PM

He’s been running in the wrong party, given, the GOP should be a lot more libertarian than it is but Ron is Republican in name only and not even a modern Conservative.

If his ideology is the way to go he should be making a popular libertarian party versus the golly wobble motley crew it is now.

Speakup on July 15, 2012 at 5:23 PM

don’t insult his followers

I, myself, don’t recall ever insulting anyone who was for paul. I just know him here in TX and don’t care for him! If the paul supporters want to go with Mitt or bho, that is their choice. One hopes it is Mitt not bho though.
L

letget on July 15, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Schadenfreude on July 15, 2012 at 5:15 PM

But you see, it was mainly his followers that first clued me in that something wasn’t right, long before I knew anything about Paul.

stefanite on July 15, 2012 at 5:25 PM

I agree. He is good on financial, banking or economy topics.

He has good ideas, Schad, but they wern’t anymore radical (other than the gold standard/abolish the fed) stuff we hear a lot.

But did it make him anymore vocal about it than say a Larry Kudlow or Bob Cramer?

Plus, don’t insult his followers.

Okay, no that’s askin for alot on the first date…lmao

Schadenfreude on July 15, 2012 at 5:15 PM

And for that narrow slice of POV, again I give him credit, but is he doing more than say a Conservative commentator or talk show host? Or rather is he any more effective?

I give him some credit when due, very true. But his brand of Libertarianism isn’t palatable to the American people enough in significant numbers. As for being an outside power to the GOP like the TEA party, its a distant 3rd there too.

I thank the man for his 30 year service, but its time for him to move out the spotlight and let someone with a different take on the message take a swing. Maybe 2016 will be the time for the 3rd Party, but i won’t hold out for it.

BlaxPac on July 15, 2012 at 5:26 PM

ConcealedKerry on July 15, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Well said. I just hope other people take note.

Barred on July 15, 2012 at 5:21 PM

+++++

GaltBlvnAtty on July 15, 2012 at 5:27 PM

sharrukin on July 15, 2012 at 5:19 PM

…what I said to Schadenfreude!
(…they would have their bluegills that would make me very unsympathetic though!)

KOOLAID2 on July 15, 2012 at 5:27 PM

Que the “we waz robbed” meme…that mean ‘ole GOP and their “rules”. Whatzamadder–couldn’t game them one more time, Paulbots?

lovingmyUSA on July 15, 2012 at 5:28 PM

But…but…who will protect us from the fences?

Bishop on July 15, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Now GOP just put him on at 3 am in the morning and we will never have to see or hear him again.

William Amos on July 15, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Oh my Jazz, that picture almost makes me feel sorry for the ol’ fellow.

Flora Duh on July 15, 2012 at 5:11 PM

I take that back, I do feel sorry for him. I didn’t support Dr. Paul on his foreign policy stance, but he stuck by his guns no matter the ridicule he got for them.

Though his dream was not the same as my dream, it’s always sad to watch someone’s dream die.

Rand Paul 2020

Flora Duh on July 15, 2012 at 5:30 PM

If libertarians ever get serious they’ll pick a serious candidate that isn’t from the Aldebaran system.

Wolfmoon on July 15, 2012 at 5:30 PM

You rallied, you studied the rules, you out volunteered and you put your people in the party positions, congratulations for stepping up where before only the Good Old Boys dared tread!ConcealedKerry on July 15, 2012 at 5:15 PM

they did all that because they believed his message.why would you expect them to support romney if its the antithesis of what they believe.

renalin on July 15, 2012 at 5:31 PM

ConcealedKerry on July 15, 2012 at 5:15 PM

I’m sorry, but I don’t appreciate how they took over the primary process and stole it from the voters. And their fanaticism killed whatever respect I had for the old man. He was only in it to provide a road for his son…He was an imposter and subverted the elecion process for unethical purposes. And his most rabid followers have stated that they are not voting or will write in…I cannot respect that..

lovingmyUSA on July 15, 2012 at 5:32 PM

lovingmyUSA on July 15, 2012 at 5:32 PM

yeah thats right….kick ‘em in the head when they are down. don’t stop till you see blood. mitt 2012 his followers carry his cojones for him.

renalin on July 15, 2012 at 5:35 PM

L

letget on July 15, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Many people here on Hot Air are truly amazing in that they are willing to donate and do GOTV for Mitt to sway a handful of swing voters, and yet are willing to alienate a sizable swath of very active, if somewhat misguided, young Ron Paul supporters that practically beg to be courted. I, for one, don’t see a problem in giving some respect to a politician who is pro-life, anti-government, and wants to audit the Fed.

Archivarix on July 15, 2012 at 5:39 PM

But…but…who will protect us from the fences?

Bishop on July 15, 2012 at 5:28 PM

….ohhhh!…there’s an “n” in that word…ok never mind!

KOOLAID2 on July 15, 2012 at 5:42 PM

I think Romney might be a better President than Obama.

But then too Obama presented himself as something quite different than he had any intention of being.

Romney is just like Obama in that respect. No one here really believes the lies Romney is telling about him being a tad conservative even. No one here actually believes that Romney will get rid of Obama Care completely. Or even repeal it like he now says. We hope he will but are far from sure. Romney Care is far too similar to Obama Care.

But one thing I am convinced of Romney will do great damage to the Republican Party if elected. There is really no doubt he is more liberal than GW Bush. We know how that ended. Romney wins we can kiss goodbye to all three branches of Government in 2016.

I just hope enough Conservatives can think long term and realize that once again it is time to. . . Show the stinking Establishment Candidate the door. Boot them our of contention. Get an actual Conservative Nominee in 2016 and have all three branches of government.

With Romney as President we would assure Democratic gains in 2014 and 2016. He is proposing nothing that has any chance of fixing the ailing economy. It will all be rightfully blamed on Republicans if he wins. All of Obamas policies will be Romneys and Republicans. It is not like the Press will tell the truth nor is it like Mitt will really do anything other than stay on the same course.

Steveangell on July 15, 2012 at 5:44 PM

renalin on July 15, 2012 at 5:35 PM

Yeah it’s really smart of Romney supporters to insult the people who are the best at local organizing and getting people to the polls- it’s not like Mitt Romney could use any of their help or anything/

Dr Evil on July 15, 2012 at 5:45 PM

The Paul supporters I have talked to were/are true believers, first timers to the process, many never having voted before, we should thank Dr Paul for playing inside the tent and bringing these people in. As a first time delegate myself I was impressed by their knowledge of the system, their volunteerism and work ethic and as neighbors and friends I have and still am talking with and reaching out to them. Most are in agreement that Obama needs to go and will support the nominee. They have accomplished a lot. in IA they took 14 of 16 leadership positions and will influence the Sate Party for years to come. Some are even former Rat voters who see their Party becoming a far left, socialist, Anti American Party and want something different, something new, conservative, something based on the constitution and something exciting.
Thankyou Dr Paul for organizing them!
I hope the Good Old Boy Party has the sense to welcome them else the Good Old Boy Party will go the way of the whigs and the country will go to the Dog Eater in 2012!

ConcealedKerry on July 15, 2012 at 5:47 PM

I never mean to insult Paul followers, not intentionally anyway.

I can never support someone so willing to take a big fat dump on Israel though. Some of Paul’s policies are agreeable of course, but his conspiracy crap and his hatred of Jews stopped me from considering him to be a viable any-damn-thing long ago.

Wolfmoon on July 15, 2012 at 5:50 PM

lovingmyUSA on July 15, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Is this just envy.

I mean really.

Mitt Romney stole any chance the others had by lying about them 24/7 in TV adds. Out spending them 12 to 1.

How is that somehow OK but Ron Paul organizing in Caucuses not?

I do not like the liberal Ron Paul but fair is fair.

Ron Paul deserves praise for his organizational abilities. Why stick a knife in a dead body?

Mitt Romney will lose because of just this kind of thing. He is just like Obama. Savage anyone that in any way goes against him. Even if he cuts off his nose to spite his face.

Steveangell on July 15, 2012 at 5:51 PM

Welcome aboard Paul supporters, many first-timers in the process!

Bush was no conservative and neither was Juan McSame!

ConcealedKerry on July 15, 2012 at 5:15 PM

That’s not what happened. The party locked Paul out once he started getting dangerous by literally cheating in plain-sight… Jazz Shaw, the poster, provided the following euphemism to describe the party/Romney stealing the primary to end it:

Counting on Paul supporters to fall into line after that is going to be impossible. I don’t know if Paul will run 3rd party to sabotage the Romney run, but I am sure his supporters will either not vote or vote Libertarian/3rd party.

It’s precisely by not being the adults in the room, by pulling stunts like rigging the primary and embarrassing the GOP by showing they can’t even have fair and open primaries, that the party hacks and romneyites will have ended the election, just not the one they thought they were ending.

By insisting on ending this as fast as possible, and not allowing the Paulites to have their moment, Romney and the GOP could very well have handed the election to Obama. At the very least, they deserve for that to be the case.

ebrawer on July 15, 2012 at 5:52 PM

But…but…who will protect us from the fences?

Bishop on July 15, 2012 at 5:28 PM

That was hilarious! BUT CONSIDER THIS:

Were Romney to some how convince 90% of Hispanics to vote for him, by saying his father was born there, or anyway, doesn’t matter,
can you imagine the Dog Eater and his Party NOT building a wall and arming the border against all Hispanic Romney voters TOMORROW?
BY EXECUTIVE ORDER, SECURE THAT BORDER BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY?

ConcealedKerry on July 15, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Wolfmoon on July 15, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Then you should play fair with others that feel the same way.

That will never support Mitt Romney.

Do you not see that a knife cuts both ways?

By the way no one alienated Jews more than Mitt Romney. They actually got together and wrote Salt Lake City Church Headquarters and asked them to sanction Mitt Romney.

Steveangell on July 15, 2012 at 5:55 PM

Wolfmoon on July 15, 2012 at 5:50 PM

That wasn’t what bothered me the most. Didn’t agree with it, but what bothered me far more was the naivety behind the reasoning. The idea that the Muslim’s could be our friends if not for Israel and the idea that we are the reason they attack when history demonstrates the opposite. Just too out of touch in that regard.

sharrukin on July 15, 2012 at 5:55 PM

“Smoked eh”!
______________

When your Hot your Hot,and When yur Not,yur Not!!

Where there is Smoke theres Fire!!
(sarc).

canopfor on July 15, 2012 at 6:00 PM

ebrawer on July 15, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Thats NOT how my state went down, my state elected a majority of Paul supporters as National delegates, but most I talked to then and since have expressed the opinion that Romney will be the nominee and they will support him! If that is they are not ridiculed scorned and rejected. Many are first time volunteers, new and vulnerable, very sensitive to the spotlight and name calling. The ones I talked to knew they won a great victory in my state got many additions and alterations to the Party Plank, to the leadership within the state Party where it all begins.

Marginalize them at your peril!
All you Hotairians should scour the commentors and ask yourself where they stand and why, because the Axeholerod trolls and paid hacks are hired for just such missions, to divide and conquer thus elect Dog Breath and destroy this country!

ConcealedKerry on July 15, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Dr Evil on July 15, 2012 at 5:45 PM

Yep, see all the whining and “but really, all we wanted to do was change the system” bullcrap. Sorry, but the more rabid Paul co-horts have damaged whatever good will I would’ve harbored for the crazy old uncle. Some of the political groups that were overrun by Paulbots became so spammed that it was impossible to have rational debates. And how they “organized” and took the delegates away from voters is NOT how to win friends. Paul did not win Iowa by popular vote, but Paulbots managed to get delegates by gaming the rules. You can call it what you will, but if the only way you can get your candidate elected is to operate as Ocluless did…then you do not have my respect. I have a few Paul friends who were always respectful and engaged in intelligent debate…the rest spent were nothing but bile and spouting how unless we were for Paul–we weren’t for the constitution.

lovingmyUSA on July 15, 2012 at 6:05 PM

How is that somehow OK but Ron Paul organizing in Caucuses not?

I do not like the liberal Ron Paul but fair is fair.

Steveangell on July 15, 2012 at 5:51 PM

I would rest my case with Steveangell..but I would like to add…HOW THE FLUKE DO YOU THINK OCLUELESS PLAYS???? WE have to have a candidate that knows how to WIN…if the other candidates did not know how to fight a fellow republican, and win–how the hell did you expect them to be able to fight Oclueless and his team????

lovingmyUSA on July 15, 2012 at 6:08 PM

lovingmyUSA on July 15, 2012 at 6:05 PM

There were a few Romney posters who were always respectful and engaged in intelligent debate…the rest spent were nothing but bile and spouting how unless we were for Romney–we were for Obama.

sharrukin on July 15, 2012 at 6:09 PM

But, but, but…

The guy had a freakin’ BLIMP, for Pete’s sake.

What more do we need?

hillbillyjim on July 15, 2012 at 6:10 PM

canopfor on July 15, 2012 at 6:00 PM

I lean Libertarian so Ron Paul carrying the fiscal conservative flag through out the republican primary was much appreciated. I don’t agree with him on his naive isolationist foreign policy though.

Just who is lined up to speak at the republican convention? Ron Paul would definitely pull in an energized demographic.

Dr Evil on July 15, 2012 at 6:10 PM

Classic Jazz…the pic is comedy gold

Guess Paul is back to hustlin’ books at BBQ’s

workingclass artist on July 15, 2012 at 6:11 PM

Mitt Romney supporters sure seem to know how to alienate those they beat in the nomination fight.

Wish they had 1/10 that venom for Obama.

Steveangell on July 15, 2012 at 6:11 PM

I just can’t feel sorry for Ron Paul. He neglected his duties as a doctor and congressman to satisfy his ego in these wasted runs for President. He did very little while he was a congressman except bring pork to his constiuents. I’m not impressed that he was able to fool alot of young people and get them to help. So do lots of people, and it isn’t necessarily a good thing. Fanaticism is always bad when it is pointless.

Deanna on July 15, 2012 at 6:16 PM

sharrukin on July 15, 2012 at 5:19 PM

That’s about how I felt. I gave him a hard look between 2010-2011, but there were too many problems with some his non-economic stances (the habit of his supporters blaming the CIA/Mossad/America for every single bad thing in the world also really turned me off).

Doomberg on July 15, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Tell Barry to fire up the Choom Wagon. Up in smoke.

Philly on July 15, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Don’t pick on Paul supporters? What about Dante?

kingsjester on July 15, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Doomberg on July 15, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Yeah. Thats where I turned off as well. It was their way of avoiding the hard choices involved with dealing in reality.

sharrukin on July 15, 2012 at 6:20 PM

That was the other thing which made me skeptical of him. In the end, he looked like one of those “conservatives” who talked the talk but didn’t walk the walk. His supporters always lamely claimed that he “had” to do this, while excoriating other Republicans for doing exactly the same thing.

Doomberg on July 15, 2012 at 6:21 PM

why would any pro life voter vote for a romney pro choice ticket. I’m glad you guys feel that you see the bigger picture, but for some of us, its the small things that count.renalin on July 15, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Telling the truth is not a small thing. In fact for you it’s impossibly big. Describing Romney as pro choice is a Despicable Lie.

Basilsbest on July 15, 2012 at 6:21 PM

lovingmyUSA on July 15, 2012 at 6:05 PM

Paul managed to get delegates NOT by gaming the rules but by using the rules and out organizing the Good Old Boys who set up the rules such that their folks always had the upper hand! Ron Paul OUTORGANIIZED, his people VOLUNTEERED in droves and won the day fair and square and the Establishement bitches and moans and cries that they were denied. I was there every step of the way as a Newt supporter. i don’t know if you were, but if you were we saw this two entirely different ways.

No less than Sarah Palin said, at the beginning of the season, that these people are motivated, organized, enthusiastic and we should welcome tham in rather than drive them against us!

lovingmyUSA on July 15, 2012 at 6:08 PM

You are all over the board here I don’t get your gripe!

ConcealedKerry on July 15, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Mitt Supporters sure seem to like to help Obama win.

Attack everyone in the Party. Then tell them they must vote for Mitt.

Well to quote a Movie. “hell no I am not going to take it anymore”

Steveangell on July 15, 2012 at 6:23 PM

But, but, but…

The guy had a freakin’ BLIMP, for Pete’s sake.

What more do we need?

hillbillyjim on July 15, 2012 at 6:10 PM

Man, I still miss the blimp… :(

JohnGalt23 on July 15, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Wish they had 1/10 that venom for Obama.

Steveangell on July 15, 2012 at 6:11 PM

What a joke you are and always have been, Steve. Almost every single comment you post here cheerfully predicts an Obama win in November and bashes Romney, the one person we must elect in order to get rid of Obama.

Steve, your previously displayed anti-Mormon bigotry and your frequent crackpot tendency to claim that Mitt is in league with Satan was bad enough. Now, this hypocrisy leaves know doubt in my mind that you are, as has been suggested by many on this site, nothing but an Obama-supporting internet troll.

Those who know that Obama can and must defeated ARE ROMNEY SUPPORTERS. Anyone not supporting Romney at this point is simply contributing to Obama’s reelection. For you to constantly campaign for Obama and against our nominee says it all.

bluegill on July 15, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Describing Romney as pro choice is a Despicable Lie.

Basilsbest on July 15, 2012 at 6:21 PM

I believe that abortion should be safe and legal in this country. I have since the time that my mom took that position when she ran in 1970 as a US Senate candidate. I believe that since Roe v. Wade has been the law for 20 years we should sustain and support it. – Mitt Romney

sharrukin on July 15, 2012 at 6:24 PM

sharrukin on July 15, 2012 at 6:20 PM

From a party that stood by and cheered when GWB spoke of American policy now being to democratize the Middle East and end tyranny across the globe, that’s amusing, to say the least.

JohnGalt23 on July 15, 2012 at 6:26 PM

sharrukin on July 15, 2012 at 6:20 PM

JohnGalt23 on July 15, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Touché.

sharrukin on July 15, 2012 at 6:28 PM

Ron Paul was this close to winning it. Just a little bit of moderation in his libertarian economics, and a trustable foreign policy, and he would have won. In the (near?) future, expect a new version of Ron Paul to rise, form a new majority of conservative and general election voters, crack up the standard two party system as it exists now, and win it all. Maybe Rand Paul. 2016?

anotherJoe on July 15, 2012 at 6:30 PM

Describing Romney as pro choice is a Despicable Lie.

Basilsbest on July 15, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Yes, it is.

The Mitt-bashing fake conservatives here are simply desperate Obama supporters. Lying about Mitt is all they have.

bluegill on July 15, 2012 at 6:32 PM

OT: Haven’t seen libfreeordie lately…

OmahaConservative on July 15, 2012 at 6:33 PM

OmahaConservative on July 15, 2012 at 6:33 PM

He/she/it banned itself earlier in the week on the Allen West Thread, when someone used the clues given to find its identity as a college professor at a mid-Atlantic University.

kingsjester on July 15, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Mitt Supporters sure seem to like to help Obama win.

Attack everyone in the Party. Then tell them they must vote for Mitt.

Well to quote a Movie. “hell no I am not going to take it anymore”

Steveangell on July 15, 2012 at 6:23 PM

The line is “I’m mad as hell and I’m not going to take it anymore!”

And it’s a lame movie.

thebrokenrattle on July 15, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Do you not see that a knife cuts both ways?

Steveangell on July 15, 2012 at 5:55 PM

To be fair I’m still not sure exactly how Mitt feels about Jews. That said, he’s the presumptive nominee. Nobody else has a chance against obumbo at this point and I want that sonofabytch out of the white house, if not out of the country for good.

I’ll have to read up more on what Romney’s opinion and policy is/will be toward Israel, but that isn’t my biggest concern with Romney as it was a large concern with Paul.

The way I see it we have 3 choices that aren’t much of a choice at all;

Vote for commiebama
Vote for Mitt
Don’t vote at all (same as 3rd party or write in)

There’s only one choice there that will get rid of ozombiethecommie. Can you guess which it is?

A cookie to the first correct answer.

Wolfmoon on July 15, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Ron Paul was this close to winning it.

That close? If he was any further off, you’d need the Hubble to see him.

He was no closer this time out, in *spite* of Obama, than he was the last 2 times prior.

That bit more moderation would have meant a 180 spin from what he was going on about prior. Ditto on the Foreign Policy issue.

You think a Ron Paul Presidency would be more hospitable to Israel than this crowd?

Not likely: or at least, not in the time frame a push in a 3rd party system would have to make into the mainstream for it to truly be a threat to the “Establishment”.

Look at the TEA Party. Will they make inroads? Yes, and have in a short span of time (way more than the Libertarian Party has, I might add). But I still wouldn’t expect a candidate from there to make a impression for at least 2 more election cycles, at the Federal Level.

Maybe Rand Paul. 2016?

anotherJoe on July 15, 2012 at 6:30 PM

Maybe. Lets hear more from him, before we pin 2016 on a preselected candidate.

BlaxPac on July 15, 2012 at 6:43 PM

One very good thing that came from the RP candidacy was that, at the gathering of local precincts in caucus (here in the heart of the liberal-wacko leviathan that is the Peoples Republic of Seattle), the majority of attendees under 30 were there for RP. Some may have come because of libertarian ideas like legal weed, but those I spoke with were there out of concern for the ever greater debt burden and the need to address fiscal and economic realities. While their contemporaries were peeing in the alleys (and worse) with the Occupy crowd, these kids were learning the ropes of grass roots politics. I for one am hopeful that as they learn and grow, they will embrace the best and leave behind the worst. I also hope that the GOP will have a place to bring them into, and provide leadership on the issues that brought out the kids for RP.

ugottabekiddingme on July 15, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Oh my Jazz, that picture almost makes me feel sorry for the ol’ fellow.

Flora Duh on July 15, 2012 at 5:11 PM

I have 0 pity for Dr. Paul or his supporters,. He acted in the capacity as a spoiler at the behest of an establishment he preaches contempt for. He is a small little man. He worked against Conservatism in order to insure a Romney nomination. He did this knowing and willfully. I wish him no pleasantries. He is nothing more than another politician and should be treated as such.

Rand Paul 2020

Flora Duh on July 15, 2012 at 5:30 PM

He will not be available to act as a spoiler again.

Bmore on July 15, 2012 at 6:46 PM

OT: Haven’t seen libfreeordie lately…

OmahaConservative on July 15, 2012 at 6:33 PM

No work on Sunday?

Bmore on July 15, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Oh and Jazz, I’d like a 8 x 10 of the picture. Love it!

Bmore on July 15, 2012 at 6:49 PM

kingsjester on July 15, 2012 at 6:35 PM

?????? Do tell

Rio Linda Refugee on July 15, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Now if only Judge Nap will fade away on FOX

KBird on July 15, 2012 at 6:50 PM

lovingmyUSA on July 15, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Amen, Sistah!
To quote the Dixie Twits ‘I’m not ready to make nice.’

annoyinglittletwerp on July 15, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Now if only Judge Nap will fade away on FOX

KBird on July 15, 2012 at 6:50 PM

SECONDED!

annoyinglittletwerp on July 15, 2012 at 6:52 PM

sharrukin on July 15, 2012 at 5:19 PM

I’m not convinced he really believed any of it. He never showed any real effort to mAke them realities. He seemed more talk and less action than many. It’s easy to talk about ideals, much harder to actually do something about them. JMO

Deanna on July 15, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Deanna on July 15, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Well I haven’t seen much in the way of action from any of the GOP so there isn’t a great deal to compare it to. I know guys like Boehner and McConnell would do a thing even when given the chance.

sharrukin on July 15, 2012 at 6:57 PM

OT: Haven’t seen libfreeordie lately…

OmahaConservative on July 15, 2012 at 6:33 PM

No work on Sunday?

Bmore on July 15, 2012 at 6:47 PM

kingsjester on July 15, 2012 at 6:35 PM

?????? Do tell

Rio Linda Refugee on July 15, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Humpbot got banned as he posted libfree’s personal info from his college as well as his twitter page. Libfree complained to Ed and Libfree “banned” itself though I did see him in here yesterday making a quick appearance.

CW on July 15, 2012 at 6:58 PM

would wouldn’t

sharrukin on July 15, 2012 at 6:58 PM

sharrukin on July 15, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Well, if they would at least try not to jump at every shadow on the wall….

Get tough boys: still got 4 years to unf**k this country.

BlaxPac on July 15, 2012 at 7:01 PM

CW on July 15, 2012 at 6:58 PM

Shame ’bout Humpbot-but there are some things you just don’t do. That was one of them.

annoyinglittletwerp on July 15, 2012 at 7:01 PM

He will not be available to act as a spoiler again.

Bmore on July 15, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Why, is he going somewhere?

Flora Duh on July 15, 2012 at 7:03 PM

CW on July 15, 2012 at 6:58 PM

Heh.

BallisticBob on July 15, 2012 at 7:04 PM

CW on July 15, 2012 at 6:58 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on July 15, 2012 at 7:01 PM

According to who? Last time i checked there was no privacy law concerning anonymous internet profiles.

ClassicCon on July 15, 2012 at 7:06 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on July 15, 2012 at 7:01 PM

ClassicCon on July 15, 2012 at 7:06 PM

According to the folks who run this website.

sharrukin on July 15, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Well shoot then. We are really stuck with Romney?

shar61 on July 15, 2012 at 7:08 PM

sharrukin on July 15, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Remember the problems I had last fall with the commentor who was trying to ‘out’ my Walmart. That stunt got him banned-as it should have.

annoyinglittletwerp on July 15, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Did you know Ron Paul won every state primary and caucus but was screwed over by rigged elections? At least that is what everyone over on the Ron Paul forums believe.

Paulbost are the kings of delusions of grandeur. They think their numbers are so large and that they are so powerful that they can’t be stopped…you know unless it comes to a vote.

The Notorious G.O.P on July 15, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Steveangell on July 15, 2012 at 5:44 PM

This is what a lot of us have been trying to tell you during your rants and screeds. Most of us are not thrilled with Romney and hold ABSOLUTELY NO illusion that he is anything but a RINO.

Most of us are wanting another four years to clean out the GOP, get rid of the corrupt, morons and RINOs and find some good conservative people. That will not happen with Obama in office for another four years and if the best we are getting is the status quo, it will at least give us time. We won’t have that time with Obama.

Glad to finally have you on board.

kim roy on July 15, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Well shoot then. We are really stuck with Romney?

shar61 on July 15, 2012 at 7:08 PM

We’ve been ‘stuck’ with Romney ever since Santorum got drubbed.

Doesn’t matter. Anyone But obama (ABO, I know, but I can NOT bring myself to capitalize that pigs name in any form)

Wolfmoon on July 15, 2012 at 7:14 PM