Quotes of the Day

posted at 8:01 pm on July 14, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

A new Obama campaign ad hits Mitt Romney on a familiar theme — the presumptive GOP nominee’s tenure in private equity and his offshore accounts — but this time appears to make a pointed jab at Romney’s patriotism.

How?

By featuring footage of Romney singing “America the Beautiful” — and overlaying it with excerpts from news reports on Romney’s Swiss bank account, the sending of jobs overseas by firms related to Bain Capital and Romney’s record as Massachusetts governor.

***

***

So, just in case some of your friends or neighbors or, you know, Uncle Jim, who’s a little stubborn and been watching Fox News, you know, and he thinks that somehow I raised taxes, let’s just be clear. We’ve lowered taxes for middle-class families since I came into office.

***

Every day, President Obama hits a new low. It is sad and shameful that President Obama would mock America the Beautiful.  But sadly, it’s not surprising for the man who launched his presidency with an apology tour. The ‘Uncle Jims’ of our country – as he condescendingly calls middle-class Americans – don’t believe in mocking America the Beautiful and don’t believe in apologizing for America.

***

I’m getting the feeling that Romney thinks he is above the level of accountability required in a presidential candidate or even in an average ethical businessman. He seems genuinely offended to be directly challenged with facts – which he still won’t address or rebut in detail. So he simply huffs and puffs and uses words like “disgusting” for a perfectly valid charge in the big boy world of presidential politics.

This does not seem to me to be like a candidate ready for prime time.

***

For him to do well, the R next to his name has to stand for more than just for Republican, it has to stand for reformer. We got significant swing votes, independents, even some discerning Democrats voting for me … because they like someone who’s willing to take on the tough issues facing our state. I think those are the same sorts of voters that Gov. Romney at least has a shot with. …

I think they don’t see a lot right now. I think they need to see more of him, they need to hear more of that. What he needs to be most aggressive about is point out the fact that the president doesn’t have a record to run on.

***

What does any of this have to do with running for president? Not much, frankly. Whether Mitt Romney wins or loses, private equity firms will continue to press for more profitability — and in the tough economy of the 2010s, the quest for profitability leads to wage squeezes and job cuts. Whether Barack Obama loses or wins, the likely economic outlook for the bottom 60%-80% of the American workforce will remain grim.

***

MITT ROMNEY: They announced early on, one of their insiders said that they — their — their campaign was going to be based upon the strategy of — quote — “kill Romney,” end of quote. That’s what they’re doing. It’s disgusting. It’s demeaning. It’s something which I think the president should take responsibility for and stop.

JIM ACOSTA, CNN: And do you believe you’re being swiftboated in this campaign?

***

Over the past 33 months, his job approval has been lower than George W. Bush’s at a comparable time in his presidency for all but one week. Bush averaged above 50 percent in the quarter before his successful reelection campaign, while Obama has been stuck in the 46-48 percent range for months. And the famous “wrong track” measure now stands at 63 percent, versus 55 percent in the days preceding the vote in 2004. If these two numbers don’t improve for Obama, his presidency will be in jeopardy. And they probably won’t—unless the economy perks up noticeably.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 7 8 9

Oh that is just ridiculous. What are we 10?

Bmore on July 15, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Terrye on July 15, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Romney’s strategy, to date, has been to attack ALL cponservatives running for POTUS, and to treat with kid gloves the liberals like himself.

Would you like to read the articles reporting on that? I’ve got the links.

Like it or not, Scott Walker has it right while you keep hoping for pie in the sky:

Shades of McLame!

DannoJyd on July 15, 2012 at 10:20 AM

* … but the nominee is Romney. Hacking on Romney is probably unwise if you prefer Romney over Obama.

You can’t have what you want, so will have to make do with what you have. That would be pragmatic.

lol — why would an idealist choose that nick? :)

Axe on July 15, 2012 at 10:17 AM

pragmatic is not defined as ‘cowardly wimp’….JINDAL/WEST 2012…do you think that GOP voters would still choose romney if given a real choice?

Remember…America needs conservatives in charge for a change.

Pragmatic on July 15, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Thanks guys. As I said last night, he was the last of my surviving uncles so he had lived a long life. Its awful that he had to spend his last remaining 2 months battling cancer so I’m relieved that battle is over for him.

I just finished reading all 8 pages of this thread and I want to thank ALL of you who offered your condolences and kind words of support.

Flora Duh on July 15, 2012 at 8:46 AM

I send you my condolences too, Flora Duh.

Bizarro No. 1 on July 15, 2012 at 10:21 AM

So, I just want to make sure I have this straight. There are but two viable choices for President in this falls election. 0 or Romney, correct?

Bmore on July 15, 2012 at 10:24 AM

GOP != Conservative.

Axe on July 15, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Bunk! This is NOT AT ALL conservative:

Mitt Romney has raised taxes on as many people as Barack Obama has.

Half of RomneyCare’s new spending was financed by the federal government through the Medicaid program, which is financed through federal taxes, which fall on taxpayers in all 50 states. That means that when Romney financed half of RomneyCare’s new spending by pulling down more federal Medicaid dollars, he increased taxes on residents of all 50 states.

BTW, CATO is not the place liberals go to in order to get the chance of being in the next Green Hornet movie.

DannoJyd on July 15, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Bmore on July 15, 2012 at 9:49 AM

Excellent post my friend!..:)

Dire Straits on July 15, 2012 at 10:27 AM

You picked your name because is was ironic, right?

Cindy Munford on July 15, 2012 at 9:17 AM

LOL :)

Pragmatic is humorlessly unable to apprehend your point to the same degree s/he’s intellectually unable to understand that s/he suffers from the same kind of toxic emotional disorder that the 2 Davids, Kathleen Parker, and John and Meghan McCain do, which causes such people to unwittingly enable/abet their political enemies…they’re obliviously sick, sick, sick people.

Bizarro No. 1 on July 15, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Oh that is just ridiculous. What are we 10?

Bmore on July 15, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Your whole commenting career lives in moderation, Bmore dude. :)

Axe on July 15, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Excellent post my friend!..:)

Dire Straits on July 15, 2012 at 10:27 AM

Missed ya again last night Dire?!?! ; )

Bmore on July 15, 2012 at 10:29 AM

GOP != Conservative.

Axe on July 15, 2012 at 10:14 AM

More proof of how badly you’ve been fooled:

The inescapable paradox remains that the Obama policy most loathed by Republicans was invented by the person most likely to be the Republican presidential nominee.

DannoJyd on July 15, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Bmore on July 15, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Just putting my two cents in but I think Pragmatic would take issue with your defintion of “viable”.

I’d be cautious of confusing wanting to get rid of Obama with thinking Romney’s an ideal candidate.

Or that he got there due to popular support, Bmore.

Cleombrotus on July 15, 2012 at 10:30 AM

DannoJyd on July 15, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Apologies. The symbol “bam equal” means “not equal.”

Axe on July 15, 2012 at 10:30 AM

Your whole commenting career lives in moderation, Bmore dude. :)

Axe on July 15, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Well they certainly have parts of it. Crap its not like I have a foul mouth or something. I refuse to restate it the pc way. Maybe it will show up later. Of curse it will be too late by then to make any meaningful difference. Kinda like voting for anyone other than Romney.

Bmore on July 15, 2012 at 10:31 AM

… OK, but, I just do it to annoy stenwin77.

Axe on July 15, 2012 at 9:54 AM

lol

stenwin77, I can understand your frustration, but until the QOTD thread is officially marked as an open one, keep in mind that it actually is one, and then you shouldn’t be so frustrated! :)

Bizarro No. 1 on July 15, 2012 at 10:36 AM

pragmatism (prăg`mətĭzəm), method of philosophy in which the truth of a proposition is measured by its correspondence with experimental results and by its practical outcome. . .

ergo, Romney as GOP nominee(or as President, if he wins) is NOT the appropriate choice if America is seeking to solve its problems in a meaningful way..conservative principles are the answer and Mr. Romney is vacuous of those; therefore,he is NOT the practical choice.

JINDAL/WEST 2012 ….because America needs conservative in charge for a change!

Pragmatic on July 15, 2012 at 10:37 AM

*but I appreciate your zeal, DannoJyd, in attempting to quickly rip me a new one.

Axe on July 15, 2012 at 10:37 AM

JINDAL/WEST 2012 ….because America needs conservatives in charge for a change!

Pragmatic on July 15, 2012 at 10:38 AM

Axe on July 15, 2012 at 10:30 AM

Fair enough. Just as long as we aren’t being fooled into believing the GOP is at all conservative.

DannoJyd on July 15, 2012 at 10:38 AM

Bmore on July 15, 2012 at 10:29 AM

I know!!..I have been busy..:)

Dire Straits on July 15, 2012 at 10:40 AM

DannoJyd on July 15, 2012 at 10:38 AM

A good friend of mine, whose insights I respect, likens the current political situation, at least at that level, to a “good cop/ bad cop” routine.

Cleombrotus on July 15, 2012 at 10:42 AM

You picked your name because is was ironic, right?

Cindy Munford on July 15, 2012 at 9:17 AM

LOL :)

Bizarro No. 1 on July 15, 2012 at 10:29 AM

…not as sick as a conservative who would vote for a democrat (i.e., mittens milquetoast romney).

JINDAL/WEST 2012 ..because America needs conservatives in charge for a change. Those of you who prefer Mr. Romney or Obama (6 of one half-dozen of the other), that’s your choice, but definitely not mine.

Pragmatic on July 15, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Axe on July 15, 2012 at 10:37 AM

LMAO! My bad, but I do get a bit worked up when nontruths appear here, or anywhere.

Apologizes, but the liberal rhetoric from the GOP insiders has me up in arms. Romney is conservative my arse! Liberalism is not what I worked for these past 10 years at the grass roots level, and the fact that the supporters of liberal Willard REFUSE to get off of their couches and get involved does nothing to cheer me up.

I had high hopes for this election cycle. I no longer hold those hopes.

DannoJyd on July 15, 2012 at 10:44 AM

Valerie Jarrett (or, as Obama knows her, “Mistress Val”), Dick Durbin, and Debbie Wasserman-Schultz all have foreign bank accounts.

Adjoran on July 15, 2012 at 6:46 AM

Mitt needs to realize, or to remember, to look at all of these inane attacks against him as invitations/opportunities to go on the attack – imo, they’re all hanging softballs which are easy to exploit.

Bizarro No. 1 on July 15, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Cleombrotus on July 15, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Your friend is showing finesse as things are not that good:

RomneyCare: Making a Fool of Every Republican It Touches Since 2006

So Romney will get rid of 0bamacare? Not at all likely!

Bad cop/worse cop is more like it.

DannoJyd on July 15, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Pragmatic on July 15, 2012 at 10:43 AM

At this point, do you really think Jindal/West is a likelihood? In the slightest?

Cleombrotus on July 15, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Pragmatic on July 15, 2012 at 10:43 AM

You really don’t prefer Romney to Obama?

Axe on July 15, 2012 at 10:50 AM

So Romney will get rid of 0bamacare? Not at all likely!

You and I are in agreement

Bad cop/worse cop is more like it.

Hmm, interesting . I’ll have to think on that one a bit.

DannoJyd on July 15, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Cleombrotus on July 15, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Pragmatic on July 15, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Where have you shown that you have much of an ability to question/challenge your own thoughts/beliefs? As it is, most of us here see that you have the wisdom/manners of a dumb KosKid who joylessly repeats her/himself like a broken record.

How old are you, anyway? Just who on the Right do you believe you are going to have a positive affect on? You’ve proven by all of your whining/negativity/humorlessness that you’re nothing more than a bad joke and an annoyance…

Bizarro No. 1 on July 15, 2012 at 10:55 AM

If this gets through, Content warning; some of the other shirts might offend.

My new favorite t-shirt.

Axe on July 15, 2012 at 10:56 AM

So Romney will get rid of 0bamacare? Not at all likely!

DannoJyd on July 15, 2012 at 10:48 AM

I’m not at the point yet of thinking that the fix is in as much as I think that the process that is moving us in a certain direction has been hardened and institutionalized by decades of precedent and is an inevitability.

Romney goves me no indication that he understands that direction and process or that he is resistant to it and its consequences.

I think he’s more like a leaf being carried on the current rather than one of those responsible for the current, like Obama and his supporters.

Cleombrotus on July 15, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Pragmatic on July 15, 2012 at 10:43 AM

You really don’t prefer Romney to Obama?

Axe on July 15, 2012 at 10:50 AM

both men are anathema to conservative principles; hence, neither is acceptable…choosing Romney would be the the equivalent of ‘appeasement’ in my book.

JINDAL/WEST 2012… America needs conservative in charge for a change.

Pragmatic on July 15, 2012 at 10:57 AM

JINDAL/WEST 2012… America needs conservatives in charge for a change.

(it can’t be said enough times these days)

Pragmatic on July 15, 2012 at 10:58 AM

Axe on July 15, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Sorry about butting in, but I’ve been requesting reasons to support Romney over lil 0 here for overe a month and all I get is that Willard isn’t 0bama. SHEESH!

Try selling that to the people showing up at the GOP Victory HQ’s across America IF you want them to stay home this year.

RomneyCare: Making a Fool of Every Republican It Touches Since 2006

If I wasn’t all hell-bent on getting a new Senator elected from my area I would stay home too.

DannoJyd on July 15, 2012 at 10:58 AM

Cleombrotus on July 15, 2012 at 10:56 AM

You did not click on the link I supplied. If you had you would KNOW that he holds an amount of responsibility for 0bamacare.

DannoJyd on July 15, 2012 at 11:01 AM

Flora Duh on July 15, 2012 at 8:46 AM

Saw your post last evening but didn’t have a chance to respond. You have my sincere sympathies, Flora. God bless.

PatriotGal2257 on July 15, 2012 at 11:02 AM

definitely not mine.

Pragmatic on July 15, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Bizarro No. 1 on July 15, 2012 at 10:55 AM

based on your comments, your screen name is extremely apt

Pragmatic on July 15, 2012 at 11:03 AM

DannoJyd on July 15, 2012 at 11:01 AM

No, I agree that he holds some responsibility but in the sense of Lord Acton’s Maxim rather than an Alinsky accolyte like Obama and Axlerod.

Cleombrotus on July 15, 2012 at 11:04 AM

I know!!..I have been busy..:)

Dire Straits on July 15, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Busy is good. ; )

Bmore on July 15, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Or that he got there due to popular support, Bmore.

Cleombrotus on July 15, 2012 at 10:30 AM

About that, let there be no doubt, I’m as anti Romney as you need find. The reality of our situation facts not withstanding are we have a choice to make. 0 or Romney for President. One of them will be the next President. All the belly aching in the world will not change this reality. Denial has no place here. The choice is what it is. I’m not happy about it. I am willing to table my principles for the time being. 0 has absolutely got to be removed. The Republic requires it.

Bmore on July 15, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Pragmatic on July 15, 2012 at 10:37 AM

You have two choices, Romney or 0, which do you choose?

Bmore on July 15, 2012 at 11:11 AM

So Romney will get rid of 0bamacare? Not at all likely!

DannoJyd on July 15, 2012 at 10:48 AM

The question is, Will 0 get rid of 0care. Well will he?

Bmore on July 15, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Or that he got there due to popular support, Bmore.

Cleombrotus on July 15, 2012 at 10:30 AM

Bmore on July 15, 2012 at 11:09 AM

…then insist that the GOP dump mittens immediately…this is an emergency and America is calling 9111….mittens will NOT save us!
JINDAL/WEST 2012…because America needs conservatives for a change.

Pragmatic on July 15, 2012 at 11:15 AM

“I’m getting the feeling that Romney thinks he is above the level of accountability required in a presidential candidate …”

Yikes!
Someone with two brain cells to rub together actually said that in support of BHO?
“This IS the Twilight Zone”
~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on July 15, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Pragmatic on July 15, 2012 at 11:15 AM

You have two choices, Romney or 0. Who do you choose?

Bmore on July 15, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Bmore on July 15, 2012 at 11:09 AM

Well, we’re in agreement there. I just think that guys like Pragmatic and DannoJyd have an extremely important point that should not be discounted in this mix.

If Romney does actually happen to pull this off, I guarantee you that in less than two years, after Obama is forgotten and the political process is once again under way, he will disappoint you.

Cleombrotus on July 15, 2012 at 11:16 AM

DannoJyd on July 15, 2012 at 10:58 AM

I wish I had been able to save the like that someone posted on HotAir a week or so ago, but, to sum up, Romney’s actual proposal would have actually moved Massachusetts toward a free market in healthcare. Most important was the fact that the federal government had effectively mandated and socialized emergency care by forcing hospitals to treat everyone that shows up. Romney’s “mandate” was only for catastrophic care, and one could opt out by posting a $10,000 bond.
Obama care is based on the hash that the Democrats made of Romney’s proposal.

Count to 10 on July 15, 2012 at 11:17 AM

I think this is close:

Cleombrotus on July 15, 2012 at 10:56 AM

… but I am more optimistic.

Obama is a pure radical who really believes every untested idea in his playbook actually works. All the ridiculous ideas the love children have been passing around their circle, he believes (he’s one of them) and tries to implement. The effects are, obviously, disaster.

I expect Romney to put adults into the bureaucratic offices. The EPA, for example. The lunatics are running it, but I expect that to change. The DOJ, for example. Romney’s government will have to repopulate all the CNC stations across the government, and the people he installs won’t come from Occidental’s faculty.

I expect the cabinet to change.

I expect the congress to finish changing hands, and for Romney to facilitate some unwinding. He isn’t a “leftest” at all, he’s a “fixer” — and he’ll sign the damn bills. The real reform we are looking for will come from the congress, as much as it comes at all. (Those offices are more important to reform!)

I expect a Romney presidency to immediately change the whole face and temperament of the government, and the coup d’état we’re currently resisting to be ended.

I plan to sleep at night.

The work will be repairing damage — restoring enumerated power and limited government. That work can’t even begin until the Obama government is removed from power.

The alternative is to allow Obama to try his very best to finish the fundamental transformation he’s started. He’ll be wrestling with a congress that can’t fix anything because of his constant grappling. The revolution will continue undefeated, and America will continue to grind and flirt with economic catastrophe.

These are my reasons for voting for Willard. And I’m actually looking forward to it. :)

Axe on July 15, 2012 at 11:18 AM

JINDAL/WEST 2012…because America needs conservatives for a change.

Pragmatic on July 15, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Ain’t gonna happen, Pragmatic.

Besides, it takes more than just the titular heads of the executive branch of government to make anythingg substantive happen.

Cleombrotus on July 15, 2012 at 11:20 AM

based on your comments, your screen name is extremely apt

Pragmatic on July 15, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Thank you for continuing to prove my point about you (I say that with the awareness that it’s not as though an uninteresting, blathering dimwit like you possesses the necessary brainpower to do anything other than that!) :)

Bizarro No. 1 on July 15, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Cleombrotus on July 15, 2012 at 11:16 AM

I expect very little from Romney. I see him as only a device to rid the land of 0. He does that and my expectations of him will have been met. I can fight the battle another day and will. O has got to be removed. Little else matters. No one will have anything but disappointment if he stays.

Bmore on July 15, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Pragmatic on July 15, 2012 at 10:37 AM

You have two choices, Romney or 0, which do you choose?

Bmore on July 15, 2012 at 11:11 AM

NONE OF THE ABOVE….BOTH ARE TOXIC TO AMERICA’S BEST INTERESTS….

JINDAL/WEST 2012…because America needs conservatives for a change.

…work to make this happen in Tampa and you’ll be doing your country a good turn….otherwise, just lay back and ‘enjoy the ride’.
lemmings are NOT my favorite creatures.
lemming: A member of a crowd with no originality or voice of his own. One who speaks or repeats only what he has been told. A tool. A cretin.

Pragmatic on July 15, 2012 at 11:20 AM

O=0

Bmore on July 15, 2012 at 11:21 AM

Pragmatic on July 15, 2012 at 11:20 AM

You sir/Ma’am are in denial. You avoid the truth of the situation, you stand to lose all, and will. Your rhetoric is not reality. You are stubborn to you own injury. You will choose to further the suffering ofd a great Nation because of your denial. I now consider you a loser. Thanks for dragging the rest of us down with you on your heIIbent tantrum. Good luck all the same. You too will suffer from your decision. Jindal will never be President, certainly not this round. He is in the Romney camp.

Bmore on July 15, 2012 at 11:25 AM

ofd=of

Bmore on July 15, 2012 at 11:25 AM

based on your comments, your screen name is extremely apt

Pragmatic on July 15, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Bizarro No. 1 on July 15, 2012 at 11:20 AM

based on your comments, your screen name is extremely apt

Pragmatic on July 15, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Count to 10 on July 15, 2012 at 11:17 AM

You might give this quiz a try:

RomneyCare & ObamaCare: Can you tell the difference?

Axe on July 15, 2012 at 11:18 AM

You do offer a lot of hope, but where is the proof of the change? Mitt remains pretty silent about it, and that is why so many Conservatives are irked at him.

The TEA Party is working to defund the 0bama administration by taking back Congress. Our biggest problem is that Romney has NO COATTAILS to assist in our effort.

ABO virtually guarenteed an 0bama defeat by 10%. That is gone today. Ever wonder why that is? I do not.

DannoJyd on July 15, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Pragmatic on July 15, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Bmore on July 15, 2012 at 11:25 AM

ROMNEY=OBAMA

America needs conservatives in charge for a change……hey GOP! pick a conservative, any conservative!

Pragmatic on July 15, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Pragmatic on July 15, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Your sentiments might be admirable but your tactics stink.

Cleombrotus on July 15, 2012 at 11:31 AM

America needs conservatives in charge for a change……hey GOP! pick a conservative, any conservative, just a conservative! PLEASE!

Pragmatic on July 15, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Pragmatic on July 15, 2012 at 11:30 AM

Suborn to ones own demise. Look it up.

Bmore on July 15, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Pragmatic on July 15, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Your sentiments might be admirable but your tactics stink.

Cleombrotus on July 15, 2012 at 11:31 AM

…and how are the GOP’s tactics?

Pragmatic on July 15, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Suborn=Stubborn, Dang ipad!

Bmore on July 15, 2012 at 11:33 AM

The question is, Will 0 get rid of 0care. Well will he?

Bmore on July 15, 2012 at 11:14 AM

I stopped asking stupid questions when I finished school, and I tip my hat to you for admitting that you cannot prove at all that Willard will end Romneycare 2.0.

ObamaCare is RomneyCare 2.0

DannoJyd on July 15, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Bmore on July 15, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Isn’t it amazing that this is what it has come down to?

Cleombrotus on July 15, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Pragmatic on July 15, 2012 at 11:32 AM

You still do not answer my question. Romney or 0, which? No other choice is available to you. Which of the two?

Bmore on July 15, 2012 at 11:35 AM

…and how are the GOP’s tactics?

Pragmatic on July 15, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Hmm. You got me there.

Cleombrotus on July 15, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Isn’t it amazing that this is what it has come down to?

Cleombrotus on July 15, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Yep. The lack of patience is aggravating. Folks think this ship to be turned on a dime. It simply doesn’t work that way in reality. The adjustments to the GOP if we are to save it will take time. If not, it will undoubtably go the way of the Whigs. Unfortunately we are about out of time for removing the largest stain to the Nation.

Bmore on July 15, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Bmore on July 15, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Well, on that we definitely agree. Obama, and all of his administration, MUST be removed from power.

THAT is the political reality of our day.

Gotta go. Good day to you, sir. Good conversing with you and all those I consider my allies.

Cleombrotus on July 15, 2012 at 11:43 AM

DannoJyd on July 15, 2012 at 11:34 AM

As you know, or should know, if you have read my comments in the past. I knew in 2008 Romney would be the nom. The establishment Republicans could not have it any other way. They are and will lose grip on the Party. They know this to be true. We have as Tea Party members been quite clear on that. No matter, I will fight them after the election. The only end all do all in the upcoming election is to rid the Nation of the stain I call 0. By not removing him our efforts will be even yet slower than had he been removed. We simply do not have the flexibility at this point because of time to fight two fronts. 0 must be removed. The Reprublic requires it of all of us to insure this happens first. You and I will fight the establishment. We will not lay down arms either way. In my estimation it simply makes more sense to insure that 0 be removed first. We know what we both want, we just disagree on how to get there. But get there we must.

Bmore on July 15, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Later Cleombrotus, good to see you as always.

Bmore on July 15, 2012 at 11:46 AM

DannoJyd on July 15, 2012 at 11:29 AM

The law as it stands in Mass. turned what Romney proposed on its head, and is really just what the Dems would have done anyway. Do try to remember that executives can only suggest legislation to legislatures, and that Romney did veto “Romneycare”.

Count to 10 on July 15, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Pragmatic on July 15, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Bmore on July 15, 2012 at 11:35 AM

“no other choice is available to you” is this facism? There are many, many choice: 1. Gary Johnson (depending on which state you live in)2. None of the above, 3) a write-in candidate

OR fight like heck in Tampa to dump mittens! (this is the preferred option but it appears that most hotair participants are not fighters.
Remember, “America needs conservatives in charge for a change”!

Pragmatic on July 15, 2012 at 11:53 AM

Pragmatic on July 15, 2012 at 11:53 AM

Fight the fight friend with your over the top rhetoric all you care to. You will affect no change. Good luck. You will lose. Reality will set in. Reality always does, just look around. Your refusal to not answer a simple question is telling indeed. Have it your way P.S. Your additional options are nothing more then a loss any way you try to spin it.

Bmore on July 15, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Bmore on July 15, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Bmore on July 15, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Our most basic disagreement is you think Willard can defeat 0bama. I do not, and the reason for that is their belief set is too close, thus I’m keeping an eye open for an alternate route.

Even if 0bama does win we can make him a neutered POTUS IF we put out the effort to elect enough Senators. That is one pretty big IF though with so many Romney supporters refusing to get at all involved.

DannoJyd on July 15, 2012 at 12:03 PM

Bmore on July 15, 2012 at 12:01 PM

lol

Axe on July 15, 2012 at 12:03 PM

Count to 10 on July 15, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Yet Willard TRUSTED the democrats enough to sign that into law.

See what happens when you trust liberals? Willard does not.

DannoJyd on July 15, 2012 at 12:05 PM

DannoJyd on July 15, 2012 at 12:03 PM

Nah. I see what you are thinking now. I think Romney’s got it.

I suppose we’ll have to see.

I don’t understand this part. Romney supporters are refusing to be involved in the Senate races?

Axe on July 15, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Pragmatic on July 15, 2012 at 11:53 AM

Bmore on July 15, 2012 at 12:00 PM

good luck with willard!

Pragmatic on July 15, 2012 at 12:14 PM

Axe on July 15, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Last week we opened GOP Victory Centers across Michigan, and I met NO NEW PEOPLE at ours, indeed the event attracted less people than usual, thus it would appear that Romney supporters will again be staying home while I again do the work Real Americans refuse to do, so again, what do I tell people to get them excited enough to go vote for Romney when they show up this year?

A positive message is what voters will be looking for. Got one?

DannoJyd on July 15, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Yet Willard TRUSTED the democrats enough to sign that into law.

See what happens when you trust liberals? Willard does not.

DannoJyd on July 15, 2012 at 12:05 PM

What trust? The Dems passed a law, Romney signed some of it into law while vetoing pretty much all the parts of it that you object to, and the Dems overrode the veto. Basically, Mitt was a bystander for “Romneycare”, except for possibly making it somewhat less disastrous than had a a Dem been governor. What would you have done?

Count to 10 on July 15, 2012 at 12:25 PM

A positive message is what voters will be looking for. Got one?

DannoJyd on July 15, 2012 at 12:17 PM

… but some of this might be more a matter of July than Peggy Noonan’s ennui. Grasping for some normal in a place where the news stories now actually include Zombie murderers.

Speaking of July and normal, I’m going to go compliment my old truck on it’s great looks, and explain to it my plans for it (they involve carbon fiber — very exciting). I may even have my second beer this year.

*yawn*

Just sayin’.

Axe on July 15, 2012 at 12:28 PM

Bmore on July 15, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Reality cannot set into Pragmatic, who has the same brain-to-body mass ratio as a stegosaurus, because her/his brain is filled to its miniscule capacity, with nonsense & BS, already.

Related to what you pointed out about it’s refusal to answer simple questions, look as how I easily I was able to put that laughably puny brain into “repeat” status regarding myself! :)

Bizarro No. 1 on July 15, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Our most basic disagreement is you think Willard can defeat 0bama.

DannoJyd on July 15, 2012 at 12:03 PM

Nope. Romney has to beat 0. No if and or buts about it. We are out of options

DannoJyd on July 15, 2012 at 12:03 PM

Nope. Nice Strawman though.

Bmore on July 15, 2012 at 12:57 PM

The message is clear:
Yes, we know Obama’s record is one of dismal failure, but nothing will get better under Romney so you might as well not change horses in mid-stream. Vote Obama. Embrace the suck.

SKYFOX on July 15, 2012 at 1:23 PM

SKYFOX on July 15, 2012 at 1:23 PM

The most epic ridiculous assertion on the thread yet. You deserve to be mocked and ridiculed. I will certainly do my part. You embrace the suck. The rest of the serious Republic loving folks will attempt to dislodge the epic suck from office. Enjoy your suck. Twit.

Bmore on July 15, 2012 at 1:38 PM

Sorry about the Twit part. Thought I had deleted that thought before posting. I see that I didn’t. Correction: You suck!

Bmore on July 15, 2012 at 1:42 PM

This does not seem to me to be like a candidate ready for prime time.

Andrew Sullivan, I’m surprised you are able to tie your shoes in the morning. Good grief.

Myron Falwell on July 15, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Team SCOAMF is flailing. If Mitt-meister unloads on this commie douche-nozzle like he did on his opponents in the primaries, I think he’s in. Every other attack has failed miserably and even backfired.

But who the hell knows, right?

Rixon on July 14, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Doesn’t matter if he does or doesn’t…the LSM will ignore, attack and/or downplay anything that negatively affects Obama (remember Sarah Palin? Joe the Plumber? Reverend Wright? The birth certificate? Missing college transcripts? and so on ad nauseum). Hell, even Joe Biden’s dumbass statements year after year mean nothing. Quayle didn’t get away with that.

Obama’s cool, and hip, but yet in a kind of nerdy way , but that’s just because he’s so damn smart and besides that’s endearing (yeah, I don’t get it, either) in millions of Americans eyes.

I’m still rather shocked that we haven’t had a President Gore or a President Kerry before now. Lord knows the LSM did their part. Fortunately, George Bush had just enough charisma to get him over the hump. Romney doesn’t have whatever it is that attracted swing voters as with Nixon, Reagan, or George Bush Jr. (Sr. got lucky with Dukakis’s buffoonery).

But, as you said, ‘who the hell knows’?

Dr. ZhivBlago on July 15, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Nope. Nice Strawman though.

Bmore on July 15, 2012 at 12:57 PM

So you are all signed up as a volunteer, right?

Strawman my 0bama.

DannoJyd on July 15, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Just sayin’.

Axe on July 15, 2012 at 12:28 PM

You’re still saying and I’m still waiting for that POSITIVE MESSAGE that will excite the base.

Axe, let’s put you in my shoes. Go sign up as a GOP volunteer this year so you can personally deliver that message to voters at your local GOP Victory HQ. You should be excited by the prospect of being a Romney representative, so I’m sure you will rush right out on Monday to do it, right?

If not you, who?

DannoJyd on July 15, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Count to 10 on July 15, 2012 at 12:25 PM

1) I would NEVER put MY NAME on ANY socialist bill because I, the AWE inspiring Danno Man KNOWS that Socialism never works. I offer you the USSR and Europe as prime examples, and Mitt’s signature is not a mere ornament.

2) So Mitt doesn’t push the Individual MANDATE? BTW, where is there any freedom in ANY MANDATE?

Why Did Gov. Romney Support The Individual Mandate?

The next day, before top hospital, insurance and legislative executives, Romney talked about the individual mandate as a matter of individual responsibility. After the speech, Romney told reporters the mandate was the “ultimate conservative idea.”

“I think it’s a growing recognition,” Romney said, “particularly among conservative think tanks, that the idea of having large numbers of individuals who can afford health care, but chose instead to make the taxpayers pay, that that doesn’t work, that people have to have personal responsibility.”

Romney sold it. Romney signed it. Romney OWNS IT!

Conservative Romney my 0bama.

DannoJyd on July 15, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Pissy pant tantrum voters. You’ll not move the ball forward at all. All you’ll accomplish is getting 0 re elected. Enjoy, the rest of us are going to try and unseat him. When we have, we will lend no thanks to you. You accomplish little. You assist those who would have 0 stay.

Bmore on July 16, 2012 at 2:34 AM

I am so depressed by this coming election. Either outcome is not going to be good especially if Romney becomes the face and future of the republican party. And extremely small consolation that he’s supposedly better than Obama… One step forward and 2 steps backwards. But the passionate conservatives on here do pick up the spirits and it’s good to read that we haven’t all been demoralized or silenced yet. Especially since no matter the outcome, both sides will still try to slander the conservatives and blame them. And if it’s Romney and depending on who he picks for his VP we will still have a lot of work to do to make sure he doesn’t cave to the democrats like he did in Massachusetts. We’ll be his “spine” and “backbone”.

mozalf on July 16, 2012 at 8:21 AM