Obama channels Elizabeth Warren

posted at 4:01 pm on July 14, 2012 by Jazz Shaw

The President decided to take pity on the blogosphere, it seems. As we struggle through a hot July weekend and a news cycle about as dry as the drought conditions outside, he decided to throw us a small bone as the transcript was released from some remarks he delivered last night at a fire station in Roanoke, Virginia.

The basic message here is that the President just wants to help. Times are tough and employers are having a hard time creating jobs. (::: cough ::: regulations ::: cough :::) But if you happen to be a business owner, the President wishes you the best. His help and good wishes, however, come with one small caveat… just remember that you didn’t build that business, so don’t get too cocky.

(You’ll have to scroll almost all the way to the end to find this gem. Emphasis mine.)

There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me — because they want to give something back. They know they didn’t — look, if you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own. You didn’t get there on your own. I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something — there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there. (Applause.)

If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.

I suppose this is the part where you remind them that when you jack up their taxes, it’s really just so you can give that money back to all the other people who actually built their business. But seriously, this is straight off the pages of Elizabeth Warren’s mind bending remarks from early this year. Those came crashing down around her ears, even in some Left leaning circles, so it’s a serious puzzler as to why Barack Obama would try to pick up that ball and run with it. Rather revealing, though.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Oddly, this reminds me of the fans who say to some artist/writer, “WE bought your music/videos/books. WE made you successful. You OWE us.” Artist/writer response, “I worked hard to make that stuff. You liked it enough to give me the money I was asking for it. You got the stuff, I got the money. THAT’S IT.”

JimC on July 14, 2012 at 6:20 PM

Actually, Obama is unintentionally partially correct. You probably got start up money from a bank or similar business or even a person with money.

William Teach on July 14, 2012 at 6:01 PM

However little it is, you are giving way too much credit.

The people who “loan” you money to finance your business expect to be paid back with interest. They are loaning it to you rather than someone else because you are a better investment than the alternatives, and you have a mutually agreed upon contract stipulating terms, conditions, and obligations. Once you have paid them back you owe them nothing more. They have no further claim whatsoever on your private property. Their only interest in “helping” you is to make as much money as possible from you. Using Obama’s simple minded Marxist logic, they must owe you something because you made money for them. You “helped” them make money.

Obama’s idiotic rhetoric implies, more or less, that the people who “help” you — who loan money to you, who work for you, who built the roads you use, etc. — are owed something beyond what was contractually agree to.

Obama flippantly disregards and discards centuries old and very successful economic and financial systems, contract laws, rules, and regulations, replacing them with his socialist/Marxist views on ownership and financial obligation.

farsighted on July 14, 2012 at 6:26 PM

“My name is B. Hussein Soetoro/Obama and I am 1/32 American.”

Pork-Chop on July 14, 2012 at 6:27 PM

JimC on July 14, 2012 at 6:20 PM

Excellent comparison.

My favorite is when the thief at their computer says It’s OK to pirate films,music or imagery created by someone else…cause I need it and they’re rich anyhow…or something like that.

Seems to be a contagion

workingclass artist on July 14, 2012 at 6:27 PM

Obama is starting to pump out Fascist dogma…the individual is nothing, the individual serves the country, the state.

The first and most important part of Fascism is the glorification of the state and the total subordination of the individual to it. The state is defined as an organic whole into which individuals must be absorbed for their own and the state’s benefit.

albill on July 14, 2012 at 6:34 PM

farsighted on July 14, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Well said Sir/Madam.

DDay on July 14, 2012 at 6:34 PM

Sounds like something somebody would say who never really worked that hard but got a lot of help from people because he had a great voice and a pleasant smile and appeared to be the archetype of a hero prince.

“You didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.”

hepcat on July 14, 2012 at 6:36 PM

I just quoted that last Obama sentence on FB and got accused of being a hater. LOL.

txhsmom on July 14, 2012 at 6:36 PM

I come from a family of entrepreneurs and small business men. I have spent twenty years building a law practice. I guarantee you that business owners bleed for their valued employees and will often go beyond what is reasonably required to prevent layoffs.

We come to work every day and look our employees and customers in the eye, listen to their stories, share dreams, and join in triumph and tragedy. Wd know who are the real public servants, and we honor them.

We risk everything every day. We have to bear the brunt of our own idiocy. Sometimes we want to walk away because there are times that just aren’t worth it. But we stay because we have a sense of duty, honor and reponsibility.

Not for one second do we look on with envy when a competitor does better. Instead, we get better, and in the process we get better. We don’t, as people of honor, ask our neighbor to cause tjem harm; the thought of asking for a redistribution of what the other guy has is abhorrent.

Frankly, Mr. President, you don’t get us. You don’t get us because you do not have what it takes to be one of us. And we don’t have the shortage of character to be like you. Based on what I have see, I would never hire a petty, fearful man who refuses to learn. Your resume would be politefully filed away never to again to see the light of day.

In the end, Mr Obama, we part ways not so much because of disagreement, but because you have lost my respect.

Pardon typos. Fingers and phone not made for each other.

TheMagnanimousMan on July 14, 2012 at 6:38 PM

UN.F**KING.BELIEVABLE.

Erich66 on July 14, 2012 at 6:40 PM

txhsmom on July 14, 2012 at 6:36 PM

I just literally refreshed HotAir after doing the same !!
We have many self-employed bizz owners in our group, and though I expect some push-back, I sure wanted some to actually read his very words.
We try.

pambi on July 14, 2012 at 6:40 PM

txhsmom on July 14, 2012 at 6:36 PM

Forgot to add/ask… have you responded ? How ?
;-)

pambi on July 14, 2012 at 6:46 PM

I’ve owned two businesses and I MOST ASSUREDLY did build them, F you very much, Barry.

I can’t wait for this jackazz to give his concession speech.

RedNewEnglander on July 14, 2012 at 6:48 PM

This loser is channeling something much much darken than even Elizabeth Warren. Get the strait jacket ready for January–if not sooner.

stukinIL4now on July 14, 2012 at 6:49 PM

William Teach on July 14, 2012 at 6:01 PM

Some folks never get “startup money” from a bank and still start legal businesses.

Went to school with a very talented and hardworking friend whose parents legally immigrated from Mexico through sponsorship of the church before he was born. Both parents worked hard and saved their money, and paid taxes while they raised their kids. When his Dad saved enough he bought a broken sno-cone machine and he repaired it. That’s what he did on weekends and a lot of nights…make and sell sno-cones. When they finally came up for citizenship they were proud to become US citizens.

That sno-cone machine was that man’s business that enabled him through hard work to buy a house…see 5 of his kids through a high school education and settle down to work and to raise families. He worked to see his youngest son transfer from a community college because he won a scholarship to a preppy private college.

That man and his sons walked up to the registrars office to pay the $1200.00 fee (The Merit Scholarship covered the rest of tuition) and he paid fee that in sno-cone nickles.

That man and his wife were helped to get here by sponsorship of their church…But they earned everything through their own sweat and their own faith in themselves and this country. Opportunities they could not have open to them in their own country. The proudest couple that I saw at his graduation were my friends parents (I was the scholarship student who was a year behind)

They lived the American Dream and nobody did it for them.

Obama can never understand that because he’s never built anything from nothing.

workingclass artist on July 14, 2012 at 6:49 PM

Neither did Stalin, Pol Pot, Mao, Ho Chi Minh, Fidel Castro, Hugo Chavez….

Dr. ZhivBlago on July 14, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Oblamer is campaigning at fire stations now? Guess he can’t fill those 70 to 80 thousand seat arenas anymore.

Soon he’ll be making appearances at a traveling carnival right next to the bearded lady.

GrannyDee on July 14, 2012 at 6:52 PM

This loser is channeling something much much darker than even Elizabeth Warren. Get the strait jacket ready for January–if not sooner.

stukinIL4now on July 14, 2012 at 6:49 PM

Hillary Clinton “It Takes A Village”

I don’t know that I would call Hillary darker than Warren though…..they are both lawyers.

Dr Evil on July 14, 2012 at 6:55 PM

One day soon, we’re all going to be a little short on cash.

We didn’t get here on our own.

Obama did it!

Liam on July 14, 2012 at 6:56 PM

Pic of the Day: Child To Man-Child

M2RB: Eurythmics live from Sydney, Australia

Resist We Much on July 14, 2012 at 6:57 PM

workingclass artist on July 14, 2012 at 6:49 PM

A huge proportion of small businesses are started with home equity. Perhaps a majority, I can’t recall the number. When residential home values went in the crapper that alone crippled the ability of Americans to start new businesses.

slickwillie2001 on July 14, 2012 at 6:58 PM

i just wonder what American Crossroads is doing…they’ve been relatively quiet lately

barry thinks his London bombing strategy will work…maybe, just maybe, the good guys haven’t shown up yet.

r keller on July 14, 2012 at 7:06 PM

In other words, this POS is telling us “Reparations are coming” Really, they are here in the form of the Health Care mandate. What else? He really does hate white Americans

Lynken on July 14, 2012 at 7:07 PM

workingclass artist on July 14, 2012 at 6:49 PM

slickwillie2001 on July 14, 2012 at 6:58 PM

yeah.

workingclass artist on July 14, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Lynken on July 14, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Pigford

workingclass artist on July 14, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Neither did Stalin, Pol Pot, Mao, Ho Chi Minh, Fidel Castro, Hugo Chavez….

Dr. ZhivBlago on July 14, 2012 at 6:51 PM

…and I was thinking you can add…..

stukinIL4now on July 14, 2012 at 6:49 PM

Hillary Clinton “It Takes A Village”

Dr Evil on July 14, 2012 at 6:55 PM

Exactly.

98ZJUSMC on July 14, 2012 at 7:13 PM

As soon as Obiewanker was elected, we KNEW what was soon to happen to our retirement account, and withdrew it as soon as hubby was eligible. Between his election and our withdrawal it was down to a very few thousand (wonder why ??), and THAT (which WE’d BUILT UP !!) is what was used to start OUR business, Mr. Obiewanker !
NOTHING ELSE; BY NO ONE ELSE !!

In case you can’t tell, this a$$’s remarks makes me SICK !!
We’ve known that’s how he believes, but out of his mouth just makes me wanna slap him silly. Oh, he’s there, already.
Nevermind.

pambi on July 14, 2012 at 7:14 PM

kevinkristy on July 14, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Agreed, and really hope you’re right.

Dirt McGirt on July 14, 2012 at 7:16 PM

Sure sounds a lot like one A. Schicklegruber. Mr. Shicklegruber talked a lot about the evils of big business and Capitalism. All the while, pandering to them to build his better and bigger ___________.

Insert Fascist State here.

98ZJUSMC on July 14, 2012 at 7:20 PM

In other words, this POS is telling us “Reparations are coming”

Lynken on July 14, 2012 at 7:07 PM

As long as they can figure out how to channel it to the major banks somehow.

They’re sucking money out of us through our own government…”stimulus”, QE/Federal Reserve Board Inc., managed inflation, TARP, carbon credits, income taxes, social security taxes, and I’m sure many other ways.

Though I don’t like these bloated welfare boondoggles, the numbers don’t add up. They’ve shown that Federal budgets are meaningless, and I doubt that food stamps and section 8 housing are responsible for that loud sucking sound up in Washington.

Unfortunately, bashing banks makes one sound like a Communist. That and our (conservatives) love of law and order may be our eventual undoing. The first keeps us from complaining too much nor asking too many questions about where our money really goes, and the second will make us more compliant if things get out of hand.

Dr. ZhivBlago on July 14, 2012 at 7:23 PM

My kid graduated from college last May. She works 3 jobs (2 part time bartending gigs) and is teaching a stage combat class at her alma mater this summer. She’s also got her own business doing videography for local theatre companies and their productions (she started that while in school). She went to college on a Merit Scholarship and is an aspiring playwright. She will stage her first professional 3 Act play this summer at the Philadelphia Fringe Festival & raised the funds on kickstart.

She is 22 years old.

She has more smarts,grit and integrity than the current President of the United States.

I don’t worry about her because she works hard, she’s tough and can adapt…But I’m worried for this country.

workingclass artist on July 14, 2012 at 7:23 PM

“Obama channels Elizabeth Warren”

Yup. So when does Pres. Divisive get the part about his dubious lineage and bogus documentation?

locomotivebreath1901 on July 14, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Obama’s nuts.

VorDaj on July 14, 2012 at 5:47 PM

What about them?

massrighty on July 14, 2012 at 7:29 PM

WorkingClass artistGood luck to your daughter and to all young Americans trying to pave their way by hard work!Unlike this,oh never mind I cant even type his name.

Lynken on July 14, 2012 at 7:29 PM

He had to have been off prompter again. Always amazing how he slips so comfortably into socialist ramblings when he gets off the grid.

Murf76 on July 14, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Mr. Obama’s sh*tty attitude disgusts me.

bicentennial babe on July 14, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Nine years of school and internship, a year of indentured servitude. 60-70 hour weeks. I could go on but I won’t. I’ll just say if either one of those lefty scam artists said that to me, I’d slap them so hard their ears would swap sides.

SurferDoc on July 14, 2012 at 7:50 PM

And, the business owner is always the last one paid. Employees always come first and always are cared for. The owner takes the risks; juggles the bills; pays the mortgage with a credit card, when that’s what it takes; patches the car with duct tape; stares at the ceiling through sleepless nights; and gets paid last, or not at all. In return, the owner is accused of greed and selfishness.

POTUS’s comments are deeply, deeply offensive to anyone who has ever been self-employed or run a small business. “If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.” What the heck? Can’t wait for November.

obladioblada on July 14, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Lynken on July 14, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Thanks…There are lots of solid young kids out there working their own way in this bad economy.

The Occupy Lunatics get the attention of the media…but these other kids stay focused and optimistic and realistic. They’re willing to work the long haul.

workingclass artist on July 14, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Own it liberals. In your rush to make yourselves feel better by electing the first black president, you elected an avid socialist. Kiss your party goodbye for the next 20 years.

specialkayel on July 14, 2012 at 7:54 PM

txhsmom on July 14, 2012 at 6:36 PM

Yeah, I’ve noticed the same thing. Posting direct quotes or lists of statistics gets you labelled a hater, racist or far right wing. I lost a friend who said a lot of ugly things to me after I posted stuff the day the Obamacare decision came down. He said that he has friends who are conservative, but that they don’t post stuff– in other words, shut up. We agreed to part ways, but it was done with with little emotion and no vituperation or name-calling on my part, but I can’t say the same for him.

obladioblada on July 14, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Obama’s notion – that if you’re successful, you didn’t build it; someone else made it happen – does not originate with him.

My lefty acquaintances say that all the time. It’s a sort of meme. I guess it makes sense to them: If a person is a miserable failure and it’s never his fault, then how can a person’s success ever be to that person’s credit?

Anyway, they will say about a successful person, “Well, he didn’t do it himself. He had help – roads were built for him, etc.” (Roads seem to be an essential part of this meme.)

I point out, “Well, the unsuccessful person had the same roads, too, so that’s a constant; i.e., something everyone has.”

They have no answer to that.

Another favorite meme is “privilege.” Meaning white privilege. It doesn’t matter if you came from a poor family and worked your butt off at work and school to achieve a modest middle-class existence. Or that you did without for years to scrimp and save for your education, to purchase your house, and so forth.

If you are white, none of that is to your credit. You were simply “privileged.” You got what you got because of this magic “privilege,” not through any hard work or application of your own.

And, of course, because others made all those ROADS especially for you. Must have been especially for you, since they obviously didn’t help the unsuccessful guys!

So when Obama says stuff like this, it’s no surprise to me. I’ve already heard it from leftists acquaintances. He just boneheads his way into them, because the idiot leftists around him keep spouting them. They all actually believe this crap.

Alana on July 14, 2012 at 8:09 PM

What’s disturbing is that he got applause at the fire station. Did anyone faint? At least there might have been a paralegal in attendance.

Kissmygrits on July 14, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Lynken on July 14, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Dr. ZhivBlago on July 14, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Reparations is what sells in front of a black crowd in Virginia.

I am tired of identity politics if minorities can’t figure out they are being played/used, there is little anyone can do about it.

Dr Evil on July 14, 2012 at 8:11 PM

This was my FB post:

Just an FYI to all of our self-employed business-owning friends, here. “If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.” Google it. And don’t forget it, either. Carry on.

I enjoy making the ‘socialists’ do their own research.. hehe.
Absolutely NO responses after a couple of hours.
Our bizz-owning friends are probably still in their offices,
anyway .. we’ll see.

pambi on July 14, 2012 at 8:16 PM

txhsmom on July 14, 2012 at 6:36 PM
Forgot to add/ask… have you responded ? How ?
;-)
pambi on July 14, 2012 at 6:46 PM

She posted some picture saying something about not being the jerk whisperer to haters. I usually don’t respond to her. Her life is pitiful. She’s negative all the time. She can barely keep down a job, which isn’t surprising because she hates working. It’s truly sad.

txhsmom on July 14, 2012 at 8:21 PM

pambi on July 14, 2012 at 8:16 PM

LOL. I said almost exactly the same thing, only I typed in some small bus owner friends names and linked to this story. Maybe it was seeing the Hot Air link that made her head explode.

txhsmom on July 14, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Try telling that to a liquor store/motel/gas station/mini-mart/ deli/dry cleaners/hair and nail salon/pizza store/ cab etc

While their work ethic may seem admirable, you would not believe their effort to dodge taxes in their cash focused business.

You would be surprised at how many of them keep dual books even dual cash registers to funnel off tax free cash

Robert Jensen on July 14, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Robert Jensen on July 14, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Channeling the IRS?

Dr Evil on July 14, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Right, so get ready. Obama is telling us he is about to take all we earn and redistribute it to others.

Obama is the only presidential candidate in history who is moving left into pure Marxism for the general. I’m amazed and frightened that he’s doing as well as he is in the polls.

TarheelBen on July 14, 2012 at 8:40 PM

In other words, this POS is telling us “Reparations are coming”

Lynken on July 14, 2012 at 7:07 PM

As long as they can figure out how to channel it to the major banks somehow…

They’re sucking money out of us…

Unfortunately, bashing banks makes one sound like a Communist…

Dr. ZhivBlago on July 14, 2012 at 7:23 PM

The reply to “Reparations are coming” is…those big banks will screw us and… “Unfortunately, bashing banks makes one sound like a Communist”.

Why in the world would anyone think that?

farsighted on July 14, 2012 at 8:46 PM

txhsmom on July 14, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Yes, I understand .. at least you’re only dealing with that ONE !
LOL.
Our most vocal lib’s hubby has his own business (pays taxes? not so sure) and they are both so sadly bitter against the rich. Truly sad.
Hoping that MAYBE that quote will ‘click’ ?? I try.
She was the one who’d originally posted Loony Libby’s comments, way back when, with a “Tell it, girl !”, so who knows.. LOL.

pambi on July 14, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Where are these banks who will GIVE me start-up money? I’ve known many who would SELL me money by charging interest, but never below the market rate, even. How did they GIVE me anything that I OWE them more than the timely repayment our contracts, freely entered, specified?

My teachers and professors were also under contract to the institutions they worked for, and were complying with that. I don’t recall any of them GIVING me any free after-school attention. They were paid for what they did. How do I OWE them anything 40+ years later?

No one can rationally deny now that Obama is just a socialist. No wonder he doesn’t think Chavez or Castro is a threat. No wonder he caves in to anything Putin wants.

Adjoran on July 14, 2012 at 8:52 PM

TarheelBen on July 14, 2012 at 8:40 PM

It just means his internal polling shows he’s having trouble with his base. Unemployment among black people is over 14%. How many are out of work and been foreclosed on?

Given the unemployment stats, home foreclosures, drop in American’s median income by 40%. The price of gas at the pump etc….it’s a lot to ask a cult of personality to overcome with just charm, and some hopey dopey campaign slogans.

Dr Evil on July 14, 2012 at 8:53 PM

So according to Hussein’s ( narxist-Maoist) logic,
will the Mooch tell us who are all the people who helped with the fathering of her those 2 girls she brings out for show ?

burrata on July 14, 2012 at 5:06 PM

Can you imagine growing up knowing deep down that your father was the biggest failure this country has ever known? Despite the revisionist historians, I mean.

Night Owl on July 14, 2012 at 9:10 PM

This man makes me sick. Please people, even if Romney annoys us at times, let’s get Obama out of there. Please.

I can’t take 4 more years of him, especially unleased from further reelection.

Elisa on July 14, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Elisa on July 14, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Amen.

farsighted on July 14, 2012 at 9:15 PM

That has to be Obama’s lowest moment yet. Truly despicable and dissgusting. That speech is 2012′s “Joe The Plumber Moment”. It is up to the Romney Campaign to capitalize on it.

Obama clearly doesn’t “get” it. He clearly doesn’t “get” what America is all about. Only a foreigner who wasn’t born & raised in America could make such a breathtakingly stupid blunder, exposing his naivete about the American way of life and our God-given right to life, right to liberty and right to pursue happiness.

CatchAll on July 14, 2012 at 9:15 PM

To all you entrepreneurs out there who have worked hard.

You have earned what you have and earned respect and the thanks from the employees who you provide livelihoods for and who help you in return.

No gifts either way. Food on the table, hard work and self-respect are their own rewards.

My future son-in-law has worked very hard on his new invention, Tension Toner. He is a great person, smart guy and a hard worker.

If you know of anyone interested in this kind of thing, please, pass these links on to them.

Thanks.

Tension Toner at Indiegogo:

Tension Toner Website:

Elisa on July 14, 2012 at 9:19 PM

I started reading these comments and then I had to leave to go to the grocery store. I saw the most amazing thing (for being in the middle of nowhere, I mean). A Hummer Limo. That thing was so long it had about 8-10 side windows. You gotta love a country where someone is successful enough to buy one of those! Screw Obama. We will outlast him and we will fix the damage.

Night Owl on July 14, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Robert Jensen on July 14, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Do you have any clue about their profit margins ?
They are not drug pushers or welfare parasites with multiple IDs .
For communists, profit is a 4 letter word.
For hard working Americans, LOSS is a 4 letter word.

burrata on July 14, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Mr. Obama’s sh*tty attitude disgusts me.

bicentennial babe
on July 14, 2012 at 7:40 PM

My list certainly includes him, but it doesn’t begin or end with him.

listens2glenn on July 14, 2012 at 9:30 PM

All the world’s successful people had help getting to where they are today.

- Terrianne Small

Seixon on July 14, 2012 at 9:34 PM

CatchAll on July 14, 2012 at 9:15 PM

I think they will and tie it into Obama trying to smear Romney on Bain…Obama can’t stand American Success & that’s why the economy still sucks.

Obama is bad for business

workingclass artist on July 14, 2012 at 9:35 PM

farsighted on July 14, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Obama is attempting to demonize individual success, thereby demonizing Romney.

GaltBlvnAtty on July 14, 2012 at 9:45 PM

This is straight-out Socialism. Der Kommisar-in-chief is showing his true colors again.

Theophile on July 14, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Wow, Obama tells people they didn’t earn what they have. Is this his new argument for redistributing wealth?

Dollayo on July 14, 2012 at 10:00 PM

El Senor Community Organizer de la Socialista weighing in with zero credibility and he gets a round of applause from the union fire house…pretty much all you need to know..

hillsoftx on July 14, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Of all the things he’s ever said I think this pissed me off the most.

He’s an incompetent fraud and a pathological liar and so far in over his head it’s frightening. If you’ve ever wondered what an intern would like as President of the US and a clown side kick as Vice President, look no further than Obama/ Biden.

I used to think only the lunatic fringe felt this way about him. Now, I think the lunatic fringe are the ones who don’t.

Fish on July 14, 2012 at 10:11 PM

This person is a fraud imposed on us by the media. We need to pay them back. Hard.

drunyan8315 on July 14, 2012 at 10:27 PM

My favorite “Dan Quail” part, for which The Won will NEVER be ridiculed:

THE PRESIDENT: Now, before I finish, can I say, by the way, that some of you have been standing for a while and I see a couple folks slumping down a little bit. Make sure you’re drinking water. Bend your knees. Don’t stand up too straight. The paralegals will be — the paralegals? (Laughter.) You don’t need lawyers. (Laughter.) The paramedics will be coming by, so just give folks a little bit of room, they’ll be fine. This happens at every event.

AUDIENCE MEMBER: We love you, Obama!

First reaction to medical emergency — legal, not medical.

And a very well-deserved “We love you, Obama!”

fred5678 on July 14, 2012 at 10:31 PM

So this week, I called on Congress to immediately extend income tax cuts on the first $250,000 of income.

Extend existing tax cuts? And who made those tax cuts that Obama wants to EXTEND?

Do we blame Bush for that, also????

fred5678 on July 14, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Obama lies………Brian Terry and Mexicans die!!!

Our blessed Ruling Class……and our Great Ruler da WON!!!!

PappyD61 on July 14, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Dollayo on July 14, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Yes, exactly. Those people didn’t do it on their own. They did it because somebody else helped them/did it for them.

Therefore, they have no moral right to that money.

Alana on July 14, 2012 at 11:14 PM

My son worked construction for 10 years, spending all his spare money on tools & equipment. When we started our contracting business we started with tools and know how we had, doing what we had to do, borrowing $0. After 10 years of building a reputation, working 80 hour weeks, and investing every spare penny back into the business. If we did not build the business, then who? The state of California, doing their damnedest to regulate us into bankruptcy? or the feds, pilfering every cent they can lay a finger on? Maybe the local governments, with building inspectors constantly making up new “rules” to justify more inspections, and protect their jobs?

DonP on July 14, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Someone needs to find quotes from Stalin, Mao, Che and other well known commies and put them into an ad with Obama saying the exact same thing.

ReaganWasRight on July 14, 2012 at 11:36 PM

The questions that this leads me to …

A) Why do people call him ‘smart?’ This is one of the most retarded things I’ve heard anyone say. If he believes it, he’s an idiot. If he said it and doesn’t believe it, he’s evil… and stupid.

B) How can this not lead the news and be shredded by every single commentator? It is farcically insane.

C) Isn’t this a sort of dumbed down expression of communism? Am I missing something here?

WashingtonsWake on July 14, 2012 at 11:38 PM

I believe Barry has it exactly bass ackwards. Since most businesses di not get their start up money from the government, since the government has no money except the peoples money, the government cannot give to you anything until it takes from someone else. How did the government build the roads and bridges and pay teachers and build fire stations etc, etc, etc? The government cannot do anything except make laws and stand in the way of a business being successful, without any money from those business or the people. You could say what came first the chicken or the egg, but in reality, the business owner did not take from the government what he has not paid for.

j bo on July 14, 2012 at 11:51 PM

I loathe the presidency of Mr. Obama, but I’ll cut him slack here. Despite the media which anointed him a great speaker, he is an awful one. I think he meant. “Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that (meaning the roads and bridges.) Somebody else made that happen.”

It is an old chestnut of the left, that conservatives hate everything government does.

Sheerq on July 15, 2012 at 12:20 AM

In the old Soviet Union and today’s China, the state owns everything, including intellectual property such as patents. No one gets credited for the work they do because it’s “patriotic” and benefits the state. That’s exactly the mindset our illustrious president maintains. Why would he acknowledge the hard work and perseverance of the small business owners in creating their livelihoods? It’s too capitalistic for him to understand!

Boats48 on July 15, 2012 at 6:09 AM

Just because you work hard doesn’t mean that you are actually any good at what you do. Hard work can be its own reward, but liberty requires that your work product be subject to the scrutiny of others to see if what you are doing is of any value to them. Just having a passion to be a businessman, be it a tinker, a tailor or candlestick maker, doesn’t mean you actually do well at those things, know how to manage money, know what the value of your work product is… if you have a passion for the work, itself, you just might be good at it, but if you lack the ability, time or want to do more than just the work you tend to be someone who is employed by others.

The USSR valued work for its own sake and had cruddy quality control, lowered productivity and a low work ethic. ‘We pretend to work and they pretend to pay us’ was the byline of paying everyone for hard work. The USSR and the Eastern Bloc are an object lesson in why the ‘just because you work hard you deserve to make more’ concept doesn’t really work, at all. Those things known as quality, quantity, craftsmanship… those fall by the wayside when only work is rewarded. Rewarding more than just work requires skill, patience, dedication and understanding that what you do will have a variable value over time which will hopefully go up as those other things beyond just hard work are improved. A pay raise or ‘equal pay’ is no indication of how good you actually do something and it is the mendacity of the Left that refuses to recognize that liberty is more than just work, itself. Work is a requirement, a necessary part of the process, but not the entire process at all – it is necessary but not sufficient to get a higher valuation in anything that is done.

Cronyism is trying to get rewarded for who you know, not what you know or how well you do something, which is why it is despised by Americans and beloved by our political elites who want to be in the ‘who you must know to get something done’ category. It is easier to know someone than to acquire the skills necessary to succeed in the world, and that doesn’t matter if it is someone working out in a field, tilling the soil, or the head of a large multinational corporation. Once you don’t have to be paid for how well you do something, and only who you know, then what you do begins to deteriorate as those people who you know protect you from vibrant competition. That protection makes things worse, not better, for society and better for the huge and inefficient to fail than to be put on a lifeline of cash from a government of men, not of laws.

ajacksonian on July 15, 2012 at 6:26 AM

Wow, shark jumped.

Lots of good ad material there Barack. Thanks. I guess if you let Obama speak long enough without a teleprompter he will eventually tell you what he REALLY thinks.

This kind of talk is doing 2 things: Motivating the 20% of Americans who consider themselves “liberals”, and pissing the rest of us off and motivating us to give like mad to the Romney campaign.

mitchellvii on July 15, 2012 at 7:05 AM

Anyone else notice there isn’t a single liberal trolling this thread? Even they are too embarrassed by this. How can anyone defend Obama’s comments here.

mitchellvii on July 15, 2012 at 7:10 AM

“If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.”—-Obama

Did someone get this quote on tape? Romney’s staff needs to be on this.

Dollayo on July 15, 2012 at 7:27 AM

His comment also reminds me of the last Harry Potter book and the goblin-made sword. Goblins disregard contracts too. The sword of Gryffindor didn’t belong to the wizard who bought it.

Ergo, Obama is a goblin.

Did I get that about right?

CrimsonFisted on July 15, 2012 at 7:55 AM

Some days, when I hear juvenile claptrap like this, I relapse into disbelief that an incompetent fraud like Øbama could ever be elected president.

petefrt on July 15, 2012 at 8:04 AM

It’s really getting impossibl;e to bear having a president who know absolutely nothing.

curved space on July 15, 2012 at 8:18 AM

This is for the President.

This is how you give back if a teacher at your private school helped you. Write a check. They will be very appreciative, no school has enough money to do all the nice things they want to do. You can specify for scholarships, and put all kinds of rules on your gift if they really want it.

Thanks in Advance,
The Development office.

Fleuries on July 15, 2012 at 8:29 AM

AP article a few hours ago about how Obama has already spent 100 Million dollars on anti-Romney ad campaigns in the last few weeks..

we should try and figure out how much cash on hand he has left- then time to counter attack in every battleground state!

keep the pressure on the Marxist!

AirForceCane on July 15, 2012 at 8:45 AM

keep the pressure on the Marxist!

AirForceCane on July 15, 2012 at 8:45 AM

They better get the cash in advance…O’Bummer is still payin off 2008 after leaving them hangin for 4 years.

workingclass artist on July 15, 2012 at 8:56 AM

Oh, really? Does this statement apply only to small business owners or can it be applied to His Excellency as well? Because according to OJesus, he got bin Laden all on his own, without any help.

I didn’t think it was possible to despise this dimwit any more than I already do, but it is a new day and he is still banging his stupid gums.

FirstBoot on July 15, 2012 at 9:04 AM

stukinIL4now on July 14, 2012 at 6:49 PM

You’re right – going by what 0bamessiah said, people are non-entities.

Not only is that worse than socialism, it’s truly worse than Marxism even – Marx didn’t go so far to deny that people had basic rights/needs as 0bamessiah just did…

eh, if obama keeps this up, lots of heads in hot air are going to pop! it like he knows how to hit the right buttons to make the hot arians go mad!

nathor on July 14, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Bill Gates doesn’t deserve any credit for Microsoft’s existence, does he? That’s why Steve Jobs’, and all other living persons’ names on the planet at the time it began, are associated with it! Let’s remove Louis Pasteur’s name from “pasteurization”, too, shall we, because Louis is not the person responsible for the idea, somebody (everybody!) else is, right?!

Are you smart enough to understand what “create”, “invent”, and “build” mean, and the impact the meaning of those words carries in the real world? If you can’t/won’t walk back from your childish, selfish, idiotic commentary, and deal precisely with why 0bamessiah’s comments here are legitimately called “insane” and “offensive” by reasonable people, you prove yourself to be an idiot of the first order.

Bizarro No. 1 on July 15, 2012 at 9:05 AM