Obamateurism of the Day

posted at 8:01 am on July 13, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Allahpundit hit this one last night, but if I don’t include this in Sunday’s OOTW poll, I’ll get a bunch of grief about it in the comments.  So here we go with this week’s final entry, hat-tipped to … President Obama himself:

When I think about what we’ve done well and what we haven’t done well,” the president said, “the mistake of my first term – couple of years – was thinking that this job was just about getting the policy right. And that’s important. But the nature of this office is also to tell a story to the American people that gives them a sense of unity and purpose and optimism, especially during tough times.”…

Pressed by Rose about what he felt he needed to explain better to the American people, the president corrected that he wanted to do more “explaining, but also inspiring.”

Be sure to read last night’s post if you missed it, especially the part in which AP wrote that this sounded as lame as responding to a job interview question about what your biggest weakness is, and replying that you “try too hard.”  But there’s a subtext to this answer, especially since Obama strongly implies that all of his policy choices have been correct, and it hasn’t been enough to get his brilliance through our thick skulls.  He’s shifting blame for his unpopularity from his own performance to a shortcoming of ours — for not perceiving his awesomeness.

Personally, I’m more interested in policy and performance.  With joblessness stagnating at high levels, civilian participation in the workforce at 30-year lows, and the economy sliding back toward recession after the worst recovery in post-WWII US history, all of the storytelling in the world won’t help Obama sell his performance as a “good, solid B-plus.”

Update: Drew M at Ace’s place picks up the same it’s-your-fault-you-don’t-see-my-awesomeness message from Obama’s admission, and Slublog added it in this graphic that ties it further to my point:

Comments

gosh darn it, can’t you see how awesome I am?

cmsinaz on July 13, 2012 at 8:05 AM

Hahaha…this guy kills me. Captain Oblivious strikes again. He’s sooooo articulate and smart and personable that he hasn’t been able to sell his policies domestically or internationally. A lot of people would say that makes you a failure as a leader Mr. Preezy. In fact I think a majority of people will send you that message in just a few short months.

CitizenEgg on July 13, 2012 at 8:05 AM

It’s all about the O.

SteveInRTP on July 13, 2012 at 8:05 AM

@johnsberman “Working too hard,” “caring to much,” and now “bad storytelling!” some of best weaknesses to list at next job interview. Thx POTUS

Flora Duh on July 13, 2012 at 8:06 AM

How is this ‘Obamateurish’?

This is plain pathologically delusional. It is a clinical case.

Sir Napsalot on July 13, 2012 at 8:06 AM

In plain English ‘My lies weren’t convincing enough. I have to learn to lie better.’

meci on July 13, 2012 at 8:07 AM

bedtime with obama

cmsinaz on July 13, 2012 at 8:08 AM

Yeah that’s the problem – you haven’t talked enough.

gophergirl on July 13, 2012 at 8:09 AM

C’mon, Ed? Who on this blog would give you grief? I’ve not seen it. :)

The Obama administration’s strategy seems to be to speak the exact opposite of the truth, and hope that this country is comprised of mostly blithering idiots, and very recent coma recoverers. (E.g. Carney’s insistence on Odumbo’s transparency.)

(I hope they’re wrong, but I’m not too comforted.)

As for his “brilliant policy”, the fact that he thinks it’s the correct policy speaks wonders about his (lack of) intelligence.

RedCrow on July 13, 2012 at 8:09 AM

I can’t wait until he completely cracks up and starts beating the podium screaming “YOU HAVE PROVEN UNWORTHY OF MEEEEEE!!!!” at the camera.

wildcat72 on July 13, 2012 at 8:11 AM

you want a message people will like O?

try not raising taxes on the middle class, and avoiding delicious dog meat

Slade73 on July 13, 2012 at 8:13 AM

Hey barack, I’m unemployeed. Can you tell me a story?

Hey, barack, my health insurance costs have soared. Can you tell me a story?

Hey barry, my house is soooo far underwater that I am thinking about just walking away from it. Please help me deal with this by telling me another story.

Can you please tell me another freaking story.

Moron.

DuctTapeMyBrain on July 13, 2012 at 8:13 AM

RedCrow on July 13, 2012 at 8:09 AM

Obama constantly overestimates his own abilities and underestimates everyone else.

He thinks that just because a fawning media and a pathetic opponent swept him into office in 2008 that everything is that easy. He is completely unable to notice that his pathetic, bumbling presidency has caused his side to lose practically everything else since…

wildcat72 on July 13, 2012 at 8:14 AM

“I’m just sooooooo brilliant that you rubes and bitter clingers just don’t get it!!”

–Giggles, the benevolent god-king

crazy_legs on July 13, 2012 at 8:15 AM

Obama strongly implies that all of his policy choices have been correct, and it hasn’t been enough to get his brilliance through our thick skulls. He’s shifting blame for his unpopularity from his own performance to a shortcoming of ours — for not perceiving his awesomeness.

That’s exactly what he’s doing, petty little narcissist that he is. He can’t admit to himself that the dogs don’t like the dog food, so he blames the dogs for being too dumb to appreciate it.

The more I hear it repeated on FNC, the angrier it makes me.

petefrt on July 13, 2012 at 8:15 AM

What the Story-Teller-in-Chief meant to say: My con didn’t entirely succeed. I blame TOTUS.

Buy Danish on July 13, 2012 at 8:15 AM

you want a message people will like O?

try not raising taxes on the middle class, and avoiding delicious dog meat

Slade73 on July 13, 2012 at 8:13 AM

I scream at the TV every time Obama’s “magnanimous” proposal to hold off increasing taxes on those <$200K for one more year because NO ONE mentions that Obama's proposal increases taxes on EVERYONE who pays taxes by 2014!

wildcat72 on July 13, 2012 at 8:15 AM

TFGRP should have made it simpler for all you dumb flyover hicks.

What he should have done is create an easy slogan for you such as: “Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Führer”.

Bishop on July 13, 2012 at 8:15 AM

Yeah..Obama…
Do a better job explaining your yourself as a private citizen..

Electrongod on July 13, 2012 at 8:16 AM

try not blaming unemployment on ATMs and airport kiosks.

Slade73 on July 13, 2012 at 8:16 AM

try not killing 300 Mexicans

Slade73 on July 13, 2012 at 8:18 AM

This is plain pathologically delusional. It is a clinical case.

Sir Napsalot on July 13, 2012 at 8:06 AM

It’s also a building block of despotism.

petefrt on July 13, 2012 at 8:19 AM

The one thing about President Obama that I’ve NEVER seen, since he’s been in office, is proof that he believes he’s president of ALL the people. He thinks he got the policy right and didn’t get one Republican vote. That’s more of a problem than anything else. If he’d looked to get 10 or so Republicans in his stimulus package, he might have gotten something that worked. If he’d have tried for 20 Republicans on the Obamacare bill, he might not be having the problems he’s having now.

SO, he didn’t get the policy right and he still doesn’t understand the office, yet all you’re going to here is he didn’t get his message out.

bflat879 on July 13, 2012 at 8:19 AM

The spinmeister says he needs to up the RPM’s.

JimK on July 13, 2012 at 8:19 AM

You just know that Michelle whispers in his every night as they lay in bed, “Don’t you worry, Barky, we’re too smart for all these racists.”

Bishop on July 13, 2012 at 8:19 AM

try not invoking Executive Privilege to protect Bush, because obviously he’s the one who killed 300 Mexicans.

Slade73 on July 13, 2012 at 8:20 AM

“Daddy, do I have to make my bed on January 20th?”

Electrongod on July 13, 2012 at 8:20 AM

We have a sociopath in the WH.

onlineanalyst on July 13, 2012 at 8:20 AM

To avoid Godwin’s Law, let me say that at the very end of his rule, Pol Pot said (in his kind, grandfatherly way), that he’d done what he thought was right for the country. Without any sense of irony or that he might have made some mistakes, after being responsible for millions of deaths.

No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.

— Francois De La Rochefoucauld

Paul-Cincy on July 13, 2012 at 8:21 AM

oh daddy! read to me …read stories to me…. that same one again and again and again daddy!./

ted c on July 13, 2012 at 8:21 AM

I’m actually encouraged!

We’ve found a job Obama could actually do, with a bit of training: Story Time at Barnes & Noble!

AubieJon on July 13, 2012 at 8:21 AM

I’m sure Obama will do alright in private life. In fact I think he’s a shoe in to get a gig as a game show host. That role plays to all his strengths (such as they are). What show do you think would best suit him? Liar’s Poker? Family Feud (the class warfare edition)? Maybe he could start out as the center square on that show where contestants have to figure out if you’re lying or not.

CitizenEgg on July 13, 2012 at 8:22 AM

“Telling a story” has been his greatest achievement…especially as a candidate, but continuing with his distortions and empty promises during the last 3-1/2 years. He’s told us lots of stories…all fiction, of course, but lots of stories.

And, BTW, he’s going to have to leave the “inspiring” to his surrogates. President Cold Fish is about as inspiring as, well, cold fish.

Dee2008 on July 13, 2012 at 8:22 AM

does this mean we all need to go flog ourselves?

–get back to me on that…

ted c on July 13, 2012 at 8:23 AM

The pacific mask crumbles when the narcissist has become convinced that the very people he purported to speak for, his constituency, his grassroots fans, the prime sources of his narcissistic supply – have turned against him. At first, in a desperate effort to maintain the fiction underlying his chaotic personality, the narcissist strives to explain away the sudden reversal of sentiment. “The people are being duped by (the media, big industry, the military, the elite, etc.)”, “they don’t really know what they are doing”, “following a rude awakening, they will revert to form”, etc.

When these flimsy attempts to patch a tattered personal mythology fail – the narcissist is injured. Narcissistic injury inevitably leads to narcissistic rage and to a terrifying display of unbridled aggression. The pent-up frustration and hurt translate into devaluation. That which was previously idealized – is now discarded with contempt and hatred. Source

Flora Duh on July 13, 2012 at 8:23 AM

If my inability to perceive awesomeness lasts >4years, should I see an ObamaCareTax doctor for that….???

ted c on July 13, 2012 at 8:24 AM

Pssst, Bishop on July 13, 2012 at 8:15 AM

Where can I find the definition of TFGRP? It is not found in Urban Dictionary.

Sir Napsalot on July 13, 2012 at 8:25 AM

ted c on July 13, 2012 at 8:24 AM

stuff I would tweet if I was up on them twitters….

ted c on July 13, 2012 at 8:25 AM

I mean, how else can I stay as pure as the wind driven snow unless my sins are projected upon the masses?

/stuff that emporers ask themselves whilst gazing into the mirror

ted c on July 13, 2012 at 8:26 AM

I’ve got it! The perfect story: evil banksters who contributed to my campaign in record numbers in 2008 ate my homework!

Slade73 on July 13, 2012 at 8:26 AM

I’m actually encouraged!

AubieJon on July 13, 2012 at 8:21 AM

No, not even that. The only story he can tell is about himself and 51% of the words are “I, me, mine”.

wildcat72 on July 13, 2012 at 8:27 AM

wildcat72 on July 13, 2012 at 8:14 AM

I’m entirely with you on his overestimation of himself. He has to be the most narsicistic person I’ve ever witnessed.

Not too sure about the “everyone else” part, though. He did get elected in ’08–yes, with an in-the-tank media.

I worry about whether the majority of this country still has any sense. If we lose…it’s curtains.

RedCrow on July 13, 2012 at 8:27 AM

The American people will send a very clear message on Nov. 6th.

hillsoftx on July 13, 2012 at 8:28 AM

A related aside – Yesterday afternoon, my daughter took her daughter to a local clinic that offers low-cost immunization shots run by the county. She said the waiting room had many children’s books and pamphlets that either had Obama in them, on them or were themed in ObamaSpeak™. Books like “Yes, We Can! A Salute To Children From President Obama’s Victory Speech” and pamphlets simply entitled, “Yes, We Can” about various health programs. She felt like she was in his campaign office.

But the nature of this office is also to tell a story to the American people…

Amazon offers 282 children’s books on Obama. The actually have baby “board books” for the very young. He is getting “his story” out there and in the most insidious way, through the children.

Fallon on July 13, 2012 at 8:28 AM

it has come to this….. Ed Morrissey has to engage in defensive OOTD posting in order to keep his front porch free of the peasantry bearing good tidings of pitchforks and firearms….///

ted c on July 13, 2012 at 8:29 AM

“Mitt Romney wants you to show your papers, but he won’t show you his!”

I heard that about a thousand times in the past two days at WaPo and other lefty sites. Question: is it possible for a proglodyte to think independently of the tribe?

Slade73 on July 13, 2012 at 8:30 AM

ted c on July 13, 2012 at 8:29 AM

Nah.

But I have to say, Washington, DC could certainly use the occasional pitchforks and torches protest to remind them who is supposed to be in charge…

wildcat72 on July 13, 2012 at 8:30 AM

Fallon on July 13, 2012 at 8:28 AM

Our own “dear leader”. Funny how that appellation sounds so much like the opening of a love letter. Too bad he’s not President for Life. He’s so well-positioned to pull that off.

Paul-Cincy on July 13, 2012 at 8:31 AM

Flora Duh on July 13, 2012 at 8:23 AM

Dollar to donut says it’s coming.

petefrt on July 13, 2012 at 8:33 AM

Paul-Cincy on July 13, 2012 at 8:31 AM

Not really. He’s our Commodus (see the movie “Gladiator”)

wildcat72 on July 13, 2012 at 8:35 AM

Where can I find the definition of TFGRP? It is not found in Urban Dictionary.

Sir Napsalot on July 13, 2012 at 8:25 AM

I think it’s “The first gay real president” but I’m not 100% sure.

gophergirl on July 13, 2012 at 8:35 AM

I wonder the dollar value of all the free and glowing MS press O has received in the last four years. I’ll bet it makes Mitt’s fortune look like a drop in the proverbial bucket.

Slade73 on July 13, 2012 at 8:35 AM

You can cancel the Sunday contest.

Dingbat63 on July 13, 2012 at 8:36 AM

“Harry, I have a gift.”

HumpBot Salvation on July 13, 2012 at 8:36 AM

Where can I find the definition of TFGRP? It is not found in Urban Dictionary.

Sir Napsalot on July 13, 2012 at 8:25 AM

TF always stands for The First and the P always stands for Preezy President. Then Bishop gets creative with what’s in the middle. In this case GR, I was told, stands for Gun Running.

Fallon on July 13, 2012 at 8:37 AM

“I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy,” Biden said. “I mean, that’s a storybook, man.”

HumpBot Salvation on July 13, 2012 at 8:37 AM

Slade73 on July 13, 2012 at 8:35 AM

It actually has a negative value. Remember back in 2009-10 when the O insisted on shoving his “reality TV” show down our throats constantly, and the ratings went down every time?

The LSM has beclowed itself by it’s incestual relations with this clown.

wildcat72 on July 13, 2012 at 8:37 AM

Dollar to donut says it’s coming.

petefrt on July 13, 2012 at 8:33 AM

I’m thinking the first debate.

gophergirl on July 13, 2012 at 8:38 AM

He has to be the most narsicistic person I’ve ever witnessed.

RedCrow on July 13, 2012 at 8:27 AM

Read the source I linked to at 8:23 AM. It was written before Obama got elected in 2008, but the signs of narcissism were already obvious. The way they have manifested themselves during the past 4 yrs will blow you away.

Flora Duh on July 13, 2012 at 8:38 AM

wildcat72 on July 13, 2012 at 8:11 AM

November 7, 2012

joated on July 13, 2012 at 8:38 AM

He went to Cairo…
He got the Nobel thingy…
Children sang songs about him around the world..
There are statues of Him…

And you tell me…
He has more to say?

Electrongod on July 13, 2012 at 8:38 AM

gophergirl on July 13, 2012 at 8:35 AM

Fallon on July 13, 2012 at 8:37 AM

Thanks very much.

Sir Napsalot on July 13, 2012 at 8:41 AM

it’s pretty obvious he has one message and one only – Bush did it.

well I’ve got news for ya pal: Bush didn’t eat delicious puppies

Slade73 on July 13, 2012 at 8:42 AM

I’m going to second Dingbat’s recommendation on canceling sunday’s contest. Let’s give Ed Sunday am off and just get our work done on friday, eh?

whos’ up for it?

FREE ED MORRISSEY’S SUNDAY MORNING!

ted c on July 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM

He has told us way too many stories already.

txsurveyor on July 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM

GG can you imagine…. they’ll give dear leader plenty of time to answer questions and give mitt 30 seconds….the softballs that will be thrown

cmsinaz on July 13, 2012 at 8:44 AM

Flashback: Obama chooses a book about himself to read to kids

visions on July 13, 2012 at 8:45 AM

Fallon on July 13, 2012 at 8:28 AM

Let’s not forget:

“Barack Hussein Obama, mmm, mmmm ,mmmmmm.”

Difficultas_Est_Imperium on July 13, 2012 at 8:46 AM

I’m thinking the first debate.

gophergirl on July 13, 2012 at 8:38 AM

We should be so lucky. I’m thinking it’ll be after the election.

petefrt on July 13, 2012 at 8:46 AM

CitizenEgg on July 13, 2012 at 8:22 AM

Hahahahah!! Eggcellent!!

115 Days!

Sue Doenim on July 13, 2012 at 8:47 AM

Flora Duh on July 13, 2012 at 8:38 AM

Yes. Thanks, Flora. I’ve read it before, as you (and I think a couple other posters) have posted it before.

And, yes, it was surprising how well he fit(s) the clinical definition. Lol–we’ve heard he’s our first black president. Maybe he’s our first mentally ill president, as well?

RedCrow on July 13, 2012 at 8:50 AM

wildcat72 on July 13, 2012 at 8:11 AM

More likely he will be banging his shoe on the lectern yelling “I will bury you!”

Difficultas_Est_Imperium on July 13, 2012 at 8:51 AM

I’m thinking the first debate.

gophergirl on July 13, 2012 at 8:38 AM

I expect to be thoroughly disappointed by any debates they have. People thought Romney at the NAACP was entering the lion’s den?

RedCrow on July 13, 2012 at 8:53 AM

He is such a classic example of what I call an incompetent narcissist. BSed his way up the ladder, no real accomplishmant, always blaming others for failures.

“I just didn’t get support from management!”

“They didn’t give me enough staff/budget!”

“They set me up to fail.”

“This organization just isn’t a good fit for someone with my vision. I am surrounded by small thinkers.”

People like this fail upward, until they reach a level where their lack of competence is obvious and they get fired.

rockmom on July 13, 2012 at 8:55 AM

and they get fired.

rockmom on July 13, 2012 at 8:55 AM

Fingers and toes crossed.

RedCrow on July 13, 2012 at 8:56 AM

Is there anyone who doubts, after reading the trolls here, that Obama voters really are people who pick their Presidents base on who delivers a better Story Time?

I’m not going to rag on our stuttering crook for this one. All he’s doing is expressing how well he knows his voter base.

MNHawk on July 13, 2012 at 8:56 AM

One thing is for sure, Obama is a fools fool.

RWRFAN on July 13, 2012 at 9:10 AM

…the media has made sure that JugEars is Ssss-plaining things to us day after day after day after day after day after day…and they never have any questions!
After 3 years of sss-plaining, from the most articulate and most intelligent man to ever hold the office…everything must be good…not?

KOOLAID2 on July 13, 2012 at 9:12 AM

…the nature of this office is also to tell a story to the American people…

…So Obama thinks that this guy would make a better president.

Well, he’s half right. ANYBODY else would be an improvement.

This piece also gives added credence to those who contend that the Obama Administration is acting like “Nazis”: the “big lie” was one of the main tools of the Nazis.

landlines on July 13, 2012 at 9:14 AM

Once Upon a Time in the USA………

docflash on July 13, 2012 at 9:19 AM

rockmom on July 13, 2012 at 8:55 AM

Failing upward into the ultimate job….twice…would say things about our country that I don’t want to imagine.

Cindy Munford on July 13, 2012 at 9:24 AM

Hans Christian Kardashian !

Sandybourne on July 13, 2012 at 9:25 AM

wildcat72 on July 13, 2012 at 8:11 AM

God willing, that will happen on Nov 7, 2012.

GeorgiaBuckeye on July 13, 2012 at 9:39 AM

He’s been telling stories for years. About his composite white girlfriends who can’t understand black people. About his typical white grandmother who made him cringe, while she took him cross-country in a Greyhound bus while paying for private school in Hawaii. About his dreamy father who inspired him SOOOO much in one visit since he was two years old. About his coming to Jesus and learning the Audacity of Hope in a church where they preach “God d@mn AmeriKKKa”. About the Cambridge cops who acted stupidly. About how his wonderful stimulus will keep unemployment below 8%, if only we throw more money at it. About the wonderful investments in green energy that will provide thousands of jobs…in Mexico and Finland. About how he provided healthcare for 47 million uninsured by telling Congress it’s a penalty and the Supreme Court that it’s a tax. About how the same money could be spent to pay for ObamaCare and Medicare without pushing Grandma off the cliff. About how the new President will stop the seas from rising, except off the coast of Japan.

Oh, and then his FAVORITE story, about the “poor” little black boy from Hawaii/Kenya/Indonesia/Chicago who grew up to be President! Yes we can! Tell us that one again! Don’t worry, he will! Over and over, till he runs out of breath!

But the American people are tired of your stories. Tell us the TRUTH!!!

Steve Z on July 13, 2012 at 9:50 AM

This is the same speech/whine he gave after the mid-terms.

Gus Bailey on July 13, 2012 at 9:55 AM

What a crazy man…IT IS about getting policy right Mr.President…you just haven’t done it!!!

But the nature of this office is also to tell a story to the American people

Wrong again, but no surprise. Tall tales and stories is what got you elected, as actual facts and truths, unfortunately, exceeded the curiosity of far too many. You now have a record of failure, and all the fiction you can dream up will not keep you hidden from it.

lynncgb on July 13, 2012 at 10:01 AM

Yeah that’s the problem – you haven’t talked enough.

gophergirl on July 13, 2012 at 8:09 AM

Good one. He could blame the teleprompter.

SparkPlug on July 13, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Only those with the most refined sensibilities can perceive the fineness of his majesty’s raiment.

spivey on July 13, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Messaging?! His entire Presidency has been Kabuki Theater, nothing more than a 4 year campaign. It has only been messaging. He holds the record for addresses to joint sessions to Congress. He has speechified to more groups than all other Presidents combined. His messaging was so over the top that America began referring to the Teleprompter in Chief. Messaging?

Flyovercountry on July 13, 2012 at 10:31 AM

The problem at the Little Big Horn was that Custer did not tell the right story to properly inspire his troops.

KW64 on July 13, 2012 at 10:38 AM

SOLID B+ SCOAMF, solid B+.

jukin3 on July 13, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Obowma is so concerned with that three letter word; j o b s, that he is out campaigning.

We should appreciate ALL Obowma has accomplished for us:

14.9% unemployment U6 number, which is depression era numbers, record food stamp use, record debt, record deficits ,U3 unemployment above 8% for a record length, record losses in private equity, record home foreclosures, black children under 25 unemployment at 39%, record losses in home equity, record numbers claiming disability with more on disability than jobs gained this month, failed stimulus, failures in green energy, failed leadership…….

Gee thanks Obowma.

dthorny on July 13, 2012 at 11:22 AM

“The most important thing is sincerity.
Once I can fake that, I’ve got it made.”

Dexter_Alarius on July 13, 2012 at 11:23 AM

Bitchin’ Barry….he’s so awesomely awesome….

just ask him.

Tim_CA on July 13, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Real unemployment rate, with or without his lies and bullcaca.

“The White House is now urging Americans not to ‘read too much’ into last week’s jobs report. In fact, they said it would be best if you didn’t read it at all.” — Jay Leno

Schadenfreude on July 13, 2012 at 12:32 PM

Good God. I read books for the story. I watch TV or movies for the story. I make up stories in my head when I’m bored.

I DON’T WANT MY PRESIDENT TELLING ME STORIES! I want a President to do his damn job and not run the country into the ground, blame everybody else for it, and tell freakin’ STORIES about it.

RebeccaH on July 13, 2012 at 3:14 PM

Obowma:

” Once upon a time there was pain and suffering throughout all the land.
Then, I arrived with hopeandchange slogans, empty promises and flat out lies to all the people.
Bolstered by a gullible media and foolish belief in an empty suit, I was elected supreme leader.

All is well now that I’m in charge, and remember, a free puppy to all that vote for me.”

dthorny on July 13, 2012 at 3:53 PM

dthorny on July 13, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Better check it for teeth marks.

Tim_CA on July 13, 2012 at 4:25 PM