Connecticut governor: Those Repubs sure are unpatriotic for wanting Obama out of office

posted at 8:41 pm on July 13, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

Oh hey, check that out — another day, another Democrat redefining “patriotism” for political purposes.

At a Democratic press conference, Connecticut Governor Dan Malloy accused Republicans of uniting beneath the sole banner of defeating Barack Obama in November without any meaningful legislative ideas to back it up — most unpatriotic of them.

“To be a Republican today, you have to deny reality and embrace a message that has no other purpose than to elect their candidate as President of the United States,” Malloy said at a press conference with other Democratic governors in Williamsburg, the site of the National Governors Association annual meeting. …

“They know what they’re against, but they can’t tell you what they’re for,” he said. …

“In other times taking those positions would be described as unpatriotic, but our politics have become so distorted that to be against a jobs bill is a good thing, and to be against health reform is a good thing,” he said.

Yes, sir, but why is our biggest issue getting President Obama out of office? Because you’re right, nobody can get anything done — in the 2010 elections, the American people elected to have a divided government in order to frustrate Obama’s plans. Republicans want Obama out of office, because it’s the greatest hope we have to repealing his monstrosity of a health care tax-and-reform law, and a whole host of other damaging rules and regulations. And when it comes to meaningful, proactive ideas for health care and jobs legislation, I’m pretty sure Republicans have those in spades.

So, yeah, releasing Obama from his presidential obligations is without a doubt my biggest issue — because otherwise, we’re not going to be able to stop the tidal wave of job-killing legislation and taxes about to drown our economy even further, and it’s not like we can do much else in the meantime. I think that makes me pretty darn patriotic, and I don’t really appreciate the unsubstantive demagoguery.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Dissent is patriotic! racist and unpatriotic!

ThePrez on July 13, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Seriously – this is all they got?!!??!?!?

Harbingeing on July 13, 2012 at 8:44 PM

I guess wanting jobs for everyone is unpatriotic .

CW on July 13, 2012 at 8:46 PM

Wanting someone who is at war with the United States Constitution and with liberty out of office is unpatriotic? Dan Malloy is a sick in the head fascist.

VorDaj on July 13, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Right because what republicans should be doing is campaigning for a democrat president to make sure he get’s a second term/

I should hope the republicans want Obama out of office otherwise we only have a one party system.

Dr Evil on July 13, 2012 at 8:47 PM

I am getting so tired of Democrats talking about how extreme republicans are. First of all, I can’t think of a country today that flourishes under 1 party rule (sorry forced abortions in China is not my idea of flourishing).

With Health CAre Reform, they could have gotten a bipartisan bill through. THey just wanted the bill their way. Wyden-Bennett had a health care bill (i wasn’t a fan), but there were republicans in support of this. So why do Dems blame Republicans for the hyper partisan way they passed health care reform.

Finally, is the whole country as whacky as the readers and commenters on Yahoo news, because if they are, I am tuning out the rest of the election season– it’ll be Obama, assuming Castro is not available.

earlgrey133 on July 13, 2012 at 8:48 PM

“In other times taking those positions would be described as unpatriotic, but our politics have become so distorted that to be against a jobs bill is a good thing, and to be against health reform is a good thing,” [Connecticut Governor Dan Malloy] said.

I agree with every word he said. But I haven’t seen a legitimate “jobs bill” come from the democrat side of the aisle since the R-Congress Clinton years, and without tort reform there is no such thing as “health reform”.

“Health reform.” Why do I even respond when the premise is so ignorant. The very phrase is to laugh.

RushBaby on July 13, 2012 at 8:49 PM

A balanced budget.
Entitlement reform.
Elimination of the national debt.
Energy independence through development of American energy sources.
Elimination of Obamacare.

That’s what I want for starters.

talkingpoints on July 13, 2012 at 8:51 PM

Malloy – another lemming heard from.

GarandFan on July 13, 2012 at 8:51 PM

plus, they have cooties and eat little hamsters for lunch.

BobMbx on July 13, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Can anyone here hack into King Obama’s Mr. Teleprompter at just the right time … … like real soon??!! Before he even realizes what he is saying, we may be free, free at last, thank God Almighty, free at last!!

Good afternoon subjects. I mean, um, ah, my fellow Muslims. I mean, um, ah, my fellow Americans. I am hereby resigning from the office of your God, I mean, um, ah your Supreme Ruler. I mean the, um, ah, Presidency. [Be sure to scratch your nose with your middle finger]. I will spend some of my remaining time on Earth trying to forgive myself for making Kenya, I mean, um, ah, Venezuela, I mean, um, ah, America worse off when I could have made, um, ah, America better off with the same effort and I will spend the rest of my life living in a hut with my half-brother whats-his-name in Kenya studying the Holy Qur’an. I mean, um, ah, studying golf, I mean, um, ah, studying horticulture. Allah willing. I mean, um, ah, God bless you. [Be sure to scratch your nose with your middle finger again]

VorDaj on July 13, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Demagogue because Dear Liar can’t run on his record.

rbj on July 13, 2012 at 8:57 PM

headline by Erika Johnsen

Gov Malloy; you’re not worthy to define patriotism.

listens2glenn on July 13, 2012 at 8:57 PM

WE are Paul Revere……….

Throw all the COMMUNIST Democrats out of office….

….all the way down the ballot, from President to Dog catcher!!!

Take your links, emails, articles, tweets and be diligent until we throw them ALL out of office!!!

PappyD61 on July 13, 2012 at 8:58 PM

Shrillary at her finest

Flange on July 13, 2012 at 8:58 PM

Says the guy who just raised every tax he could get away with and ended up collecting less taxes AND still having a deficit.

Rocks on July 13, 2012 at 8:59 PM

And I can tell you what I am for. I’m for you butting the hell out of my life!

Flange on July 13, 2012 at 8:59 PM

A dishonest Democrat like Malloy should know all about “denying reality.”

He’s been consistently lying, at least from his characterization of his time as Mayor of Stamford, and throughout his campaign for Governor. He makes Bill Clinton look like Abe Lincoln.

When Democrats elect such miscreants, and then trot them out to speak for them, what possible conclusion is there but that they are a party of people without any scruples, devoid of integrity and decency?

Adjoran on July 13, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Dissent is patriotic! racist and unpatriotic!

ThePrez on July 13, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Yep. Hillary is going to end up being the star of several Republican campaign ads.

slickwillie2001 on July 13, 2012 at 9:02 PM

How dare my opponents want their guy to win. How dare the opposing party be opposed to us.

Bill Ramey on July 13, 2012 at 9:03 PM

Cue Hillary: “I am sick and tired of being called unpatriotic …”

TXUS on July 13, 2012 at 9:04 PM

I have only one thing today. I will say it directly to the citizens of Connecticut. What in the heII is wrong with you people?

Bmore on July 13, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Projection, thy name is Democrat.

98ZJUSMC on July 13, 2012 at 9:06 PM

“They know what they’re against, but they can’t tell you what they’re for,” …

quote: Connecticut Governor Dan Malloy

I’m for individual “power/capability” freedom.

I believe this ideology put into practice by the governing authority will result in MORE wealth, health, and an all around higher standard of living for all persons within the area, that is governed as such.

listens2glenn on July 13, 2012 at 9:07 PM

today=to say, freaking iPad !

Bmore on July 13, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Generally speaking, due to our opposing platforms, ideologies, and vision for the nation, BOTH parties are desirous of getting any president who springs from the opposition party out of office and replacing him with one that springs from their own. That’s politics.

Of course, in THIS election, since the Democrats have virtually nothing positive to run on in record, thought, or deed, all they HAVE is demagoguery.

thatsafactjack on July 13, 2012 at 9:07 PM

THIS moronic douchebag doesn’t know what conservative are for because he doesn’t care to listen or THINK. What conservatives are against is huge government and by it’s existence, huge government intrusions into our private lives, property, and liberty.

Does this not tell you what conservatives are FOR, or are you completely mentally deficient, sort of like the dumba$$es that voted you in…..

Wolfmoon on July 13, 2012 at 9:08 PM

STFU, Malloy, and you can take yourself and your chickenshit little state that’s not even the size of San Antonio and go straight to hell.

TXUS on July 13, 2012 at 9:08 PM

How many bills just waiting for the senate to vote on?
You’re as ignorant as Mike Malloy, Dan.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on July 13, 2012 at 9:09 PM

earlgrey133 on July 13, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Actually, if you read what the commenters at Yahoo News have to say, many are conservative and the majority are anti-Obama:

bw222 on July 13, 2012 at 9:11 PM

======================================

IDIOT!!!!!

I Support the Republican Troops,and its Mission….PERIOD!!

Repeal/Replace HopeyLessNess/ChangeyLessNess/12′!!!!!!!!!

canopfor on July 13, 2012 at 9:11 PM

BobMbx on July 13, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Made me laugh! Thanks!

thatsafactjack on July 13, 2012 at 9:12 PM

‘Cuz we all know how well Dems work and play with others when they’re in the majority.

antipc on July 13, 2012 at 9:14 PM

It’s not health reform it is insurance reform. Healthcare has nothing to do with it.

ctmom on July 13, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Guess mocking those unpatriotic republicans is the latest talking point handed down from the boy king.

On a campaign swing through the political battleground of Virginia, President Barack Obama on Friday mocked House Republicans for holding yet another vote against his landmark health care law. Thursday’s action was the 33rd time the president’s foes in the House of Representatives voted to repeal or defund Obamacare in whole or in part.

“I notice the House of Representatives, the Republicans in the House of Representatives, they voted to repeal it again,” Obama said at a rally in Virginia Beach.

“That was the 33rd time they’ve done that—33 votes to repeal the health care bill. All it would take is one vote to make sure that all of you don’t see your taxes go up next year. You tell me what would be a better use of time,” the president said to cheers from the rowdy crowd. Source

Flora Duh on July 13, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Let’s see, could it be because every jobs bill the government has ever had was money down a rat hole and the health care bill is already costing triple what was estimated and it hasn’t even started yet?

Typical liberal; thinks everything that proposes to “do good” should be government financed and we all should just shut up.

artman1746 on July 13, 2012 at 9:19 PM

I would think that fighting to keep the national language of the United States from becoming French, along with its economy, would be patriotic.

But, I forgot the Obama (and Democrat Party) campaign theme:

Patriotic = Letting Us (Democrats) Do Whatever We Want

If so, then I guess he’s right, I’m the opposite of that.

IndieDogg on July 13, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Typical wormy liberal . . . when they don’t get their way they pout and sulk.

rplat on July 13, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Pardon me Governor but where in hell have you been for the last four years? Making a statement like that proves to me you haven’t been in the real world much at all. i would put you in the same class as the Congressman who thinks putting 5000 troops on an island would tip the island over.

mixplix on July 13, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Cue Hillary: “I am sick and tired of being called unpatriotic …”

TXUS on July 13, 2012 at 9:04 PM

listens2glenn on July 13, 2012 at 9:22 PM

ctmom on July 13, 2012 at 9:14 PM

That’s a good observation.

listens2glenn on July 13, 2012 at 9:23 PM

So this is what the election process has come to?…depressing.

EnochCain on July 13, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Yet he could not give one reason why anyone should be for Obama…

albill on July 13, 2012 at 9:23 PM

the dems branding romney on a daily basis…outsourcer, felon, dog hater and cult member.life is pretty good in a lot of part of this country. people (republicans) very happy with their gubmint checks.

hmmm wonder who they’ll be voting for? a dour romney promising better times in 4 years, or the peppy hip-hopper-in-chief, who promise you a check now.

renalin on July 13, 2012 at 9:24 PM

“They know what they’re against, but they can’t tell you what they’re for.”

AMERICA.

Jim Treacher on July 13, 2012 at 9:24 PM

“They know what they’re against, but they can’t tell you what they’re for.”

Against big government.

For small goverment.

davidk on July 13, 2012 at 9:28 PM

I am so sick of Democrats. How long did patriot Malloy spend in the military?

claudius on July 13, 2012 at 9:29 PM

Dannel Malloy, (this is not a typo, it’s the real spelling)

As a reluctant constituent, call me unpatriotic, unpatriotic to the max. Call me whatever you can conjure… Who cares? Whatever…because I surely as hell want Obama out of office!

Stick and stones…your words, like your thoughts and policies, are imbicilic.

This is a gorgeous state, but it’s a political blue wasteland.

marybel on July 13, 2012 at 9:31 PM

I want the Governor of Connecticutt out of office, too.

Call me whatever you want. Your names, epithets, and slurs matter not. You’re over.

Resist We Much on July 13, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Just another lying moronic Democrat, perpetuating the lies of their talking points.

rayra on July 13, 2012 at 9:37 PM

“They know what they’re against, but they can’t tell you what they’re for.”

We’re for the very same thing that the fine men and women of Connecticut were for at the birth of our country: Liberty from an oppressor and the freedom to exercise our God-given rights, and a government whose sole and only purpose of existence and limited authorized activities is to protect same.

Sorry, Governor, that you have so disrespected the honor of your once venerable state.

TXUS on July 13, 2012 at 9:50 PM

ctmom on July 13, 2012 at 9:14 PM

That’s a good observation.

listens2glenn on July 13, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Hell, insurance has little to do with it as well. “Freedom reform” (as in, “loss of”) is probably closer to the mark…

bofh on July 13, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Don’t blame me–as Viveca Fox said to the “First Lady” in Independence Day, I voted for the other guy.

Fact is, that election was very close, and Malloy only won because of political shenanigans in Bridgeport.

Marybel is right. CT is a beautiful state, but the Democrat-packed cities ARE a wasteland.

Meredith on July 13, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Ah, for the days of Ole’ Hickory. He’d respond to this appropriately.

Midas on July 13, 2012 at 9:56 PM

I would venture to say that being against whatever Obama is doing, is a step in the right direction.

savage24 on July 13, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Dr Evil on July 13, 2012 at 8:47 PM

…that’s what we had in 2008 and 2009…and that worked so well!

KOOLAID2 on July 13, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Bmore on July 13, 2012 at 9:06 PM

This

22044 on July 13, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Governor, you are an idiot. We want him out because he is a total failure. Period. Or don’t you read the news??? Perhaps in you cushy job plus your secure healthcare plan you are not suffering, but look around you, dude, and see what is going on in the rest of America. I am a patriot and I want him out of office, out of this country, and perhaps out of this part of the world. Away. Far, far away.

chai on July 13, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Having a legitimate vote in our own country when, according to the UN ‘one man, one vote’ is a pinnacle against colonialism and is sacrosanct, it’s somehow ‘unpatriotic’ to make a free determination of our national leadership as a free People?

Or am I missing something about our Constitution here?

Liam on July 13, 2012 at 10:23 PM

New Preamble: “We, the Democrat Party of the United States of Obama, in order to impose a more perfect Union to Our liking (hallowed be our names)…”

Someone pass me a barf bag! I think my own sarcasm and snark just got the better of me.

Liam on July 13, 2012 at 10:26 PM

“They know what they’re against, but they can’t tell you what they’re for.”

He’s actually onto something, here. We don’t talk about what legislation we want because for 30 years liberals of every party have been passing destructive, unaffordable spending bills and building a massive socialist kleptocracy in this country, and what we want is to undo it all.

So, no…I can’t tell you what new government creations I want, cause I don’t want any. I want to close the Departments of Education, Commerce, Housing and Urban Development, Energy, and Agriculture … today. Fire everyone, sell the furniture and buildings, stop giving away tax money, and let the individual decide what kind of house to buy, how to get financing, what kind of milk to sell or buy, and where to go to school.

Someone wants to start a business? Great. She doesn’t need a Department of Commerce to help her…just GTF out of her way. I want a simple, flat tax — fire 90% of the IRS agents…sell the buildings and computers…cancel the contracts.

Up yours Malloy, you pr!ck.

Jaibones on July 13, 2012 at 10:29 PM

What we’re for. Here, let me help you out…

A government that does what the Constitution says it can and nothing else.

People working instead of being forced to collect unemployment.

NOT WORKING 7 MONTHS OUT OF THE YEAR TO PAY FOR WHAT THE GOVERNMENT HAS GIVEN AWAY!!!!!

There. That’s a start.

UnderstandingisPower on July 13, 2012 at 10:34 PM

You kind of rock, Erika. Stay on the case.

wolfsDad on July 13, 2012 at 10:55 PM

I guess we have to just not criticize anyone of “color” and we must just take his lousy job and all the money he has spent (of our tax money), vacations, (on us), golf every Sunday, all the lies he tells, but we must just wait for his next 4 years to tear this country to the level of spain/france etc.
NO THANK YOU!

Bambi on July 13, 2012 at 10:57 PM

wolfsDad on July 13, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Dad? No wai.

Wolfmoon on July 13, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Named my young one after Chester Burnett.

wolfsDad on July 13, 2012 at 11:36 PM

We know what we’re for! Quit trying to speak for us.

tacodawn on July 14, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Why do I want Obama out of office?
Didn’t want a King in America; a President will do fine.

Here’s a few dictatorial examples:
- Congress did not pass Cap & Trade. So Obama puts in these provisions through the EPA
- Congress did not pass Amnesty. So through DHS 800,000 are granted amnesty
- Congress did not pass Obamacare via normal channels. It had to go to reconciliation in the Senate
- Waivers were given on a ratio of 8 to 1 (8 unions to 1 private corp)
- Bill Clinton, to his credit, signed Welfare reform in 1996. Obama issues a policy directive gutting the federal work requirements.
- Obama wiped out investors & non-union workers, & gave the Unions a present: GM
- The Obama administration basically let Corzine walk.
- Robbing the treasury with his failed solar ventures & overt cronyism.
- Fast & Furious coverup, we’ll never get answers on Brian Terry’s murder
- Our own DOJ Eric Holder held in contempt of court…not a flinch, he’ll probably add this to his resume
- With a wave of his arm, Obama gave Big Sis’s DHS more control over our personal freedoms (telephones, cellular & wireless networks) in the name of an (undefined) emergency.
- TSA, outreaching & under-reaching in granny’s & little children’s clothes
- Nationalizing healthcare & controlling 18% of the GDP
- For the first time Americans must pay a tax for not purchasing something
- Becoming the war monger in chief with never ending middle eastern imperialism.
- Increasing our National Debt by 4.939 trillion in only 4 years
& the winner is….
- we now have a liberal Supreme Court for how many future generations?
Hey, someone out there, I need some hope.

Belle on July 14, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Damn Belle.

WitchDoctor on July 14, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Hey, someone out there, I need some hope.

Belle on July 14, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Really isn’t any to be had.

Despite a President so awful that it was touted anyone could beat him, Wrongney and tired old talking points are the best the Democrats’ opponents can seem to come up with.

There really aren’t realistic solutions on either side now. And by ‘realistic’ I don’t mean if they work, I mean ‘we actually have the oomph to get them rolling’.

MelonCollie on July 14, 2012 at 1:27 AM

“They know what they’re against, but they can’t tell you what they’re for.”

They’re against Obama and for America.

Schadenfreude on July 14, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Governor Nimrod has just described the Dem Senate perfectly.

He can now earn bonus points if he uses “Reid” and “obstructionist” in the same sentence.

Difficultas_Est_Imperium on July 14, 2012 at 1:49 AM

Connecticut is just California but smaller. Without Federal handouts, this State is bankrupt in 10 minutes. Crime, poverty, failed industry…what is there not to like? And it is ruled by elitists that believe everything is just fine.

pat on July 14, 2012 at 2:15 AM

wolfsDad on July 13, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Sadly, not my Dad(lost him in 94). The only bright side of that is he didn’t live to see the country he fought for elect 0bama.

Wolftech on July 14, 2012 at 3:42 AM

“They know what they’re against, but they can’t tell you what they’re for.”

How unfortunate that he is right about that. I’ve yet to get an coherent answer to the question of Why vote for Romney.

Is it? Is it really? Does putting the person that formulated 0bamacare in the White House really give you cause to believe it will be repealed, OR are we in for MittCare part deux?

DannoJyd on July 14, 2012 at 6:58 AM

Blue states and cities are in social and financial decline. Red states and cities are prospering. Anybody see where I’m going with this?

Socialists are the cancers of any society.

cajunpatriot on July 14, 2012 at 7:10 AM

Rocks on July 13, 2012 at 8:59 PM

Not only that, but they made at least one of those taxes RETROACTIVE!

I had to move to Connecticut back in 2006 to take a job in my chosen profession. That job went away last year. You can’t imagine how happy I am to have found a job in Texas and made the move down here.

Mitoch55 on July 14, 2012 at 7:12 AM

DannoJyd on July 14, 2012 at 6:58 AM

This is wrong on its face. Mitt Romney did not formulate Obamacare..that is a flat out lie.

And why vote for him? Well if you actually are not a concern troll or a moby you would understand that.

Mitt Romney is a competent, intelligent, successful man who has organized and run a huge company, the Olympics and he was Governor in a blue state where 85% of the legislature was actually in the other party. In spite of that he cut spending. He took a huge budget deficit and turned it into a surplus. He championed charter schools. He refused to support any pro choice legislation.

As for the health care law…the law passed in Mass was a state law that was supported by the people of that state. It did not effect more than 6% of the population. It did not effect medicare or medicaid. It was also supported by conservatives like Jim Demint and the Heritage Foundation helped write it. Romney vetoed 8 major provisions of that bill, but the vetoes were over ridden.

Now, maybe the entire concept of states rights goes right over your head…but if you bother to read the Constitution it becomes plain that states are sovereign and they make their own decisions about certain things and those policies are not national.

Romney has said he will get rid of Obamacare and Obama has promised he won’t. That right there is reason to vote for Romney.

If you want to sit home with your thumb your butt..fine, but don’t pretend there is no difference between these men.

Terrye on July 14, 2012 at 7:19 AM

Lower taxes and smaller government. How’s that for starters sparky? We’re definitely FOR those!

Oldnuke on July 14, 2012 at 7:29 AM

When I grew up in Connecticut it was the home of the real Connecticut Yankees–no nonsense practical people. Republican. Conservatives. Wary of outsiders.
Then we got inundated by all those New Yorkers etc looking for cheap land, suburban homes, the American dream.
Which they proceeded to kill just like the locusts they are.
Ruined the state.
You see what it’s like now.
Rosa de Lauro? Is she even compos mentis??

vityas on July 14, 2012 at 7:40 AM

DannoJyd on July 14, 2012 at 6:58 AM

Hey, I gots one:

CAUSE HE’S NOT A MARXIST TRYING TO DESTROY THE U.S. ECONOMY AND THE CONSTITUTION IN FOUR YEARS.

Coherent enough?

BigAlSouth on July 14, 2012 at 7:45 AM

It’s the same old belief they’ve always had. Why don’t you guys compromise your principles, do what we want and be more like us. Things will be so much easier if you just go to sleep and we exchange your body for one of ours. The left sure does stick to the program, tho.

Kissmygrits on July 14, 2012 at 7:48 AM

To borrow a line from Fawlty Towers, “I’m so sorry, he’s from Connecticut.”

jakev on July 14, 2012 at 7:53 AM

Oldnuke on July 14, 2012 at 7:29 AM

I am also FOR politicians who understand the Constitution and the limits that document places on the govt.

I am FOR pols who understand that it is not the role of government to pass ‘jobs bills’. It is their responsibility to keep out of the way as much as possible.

Sporty1946 on July 14, 2012 at 7:57 AM

“To be a Republican DEMOCRAT today, you have to deny reality and embrace a message that has no other purpose than to elect their candidate as President of the United States..”

Seems to make more sense, don’t you think?

pilamaye on July 14, 2012 at 8:00 AM

Dan Malloy = Perfect example of why I no longer live in CT.
Too bad my dad is still being brainwashed by the union thugs up there.

bicentennial babe on July 14, 2012 at 8:08 AM

GObama! Just go; please! Go back to Chi town, Hawaii, or where ever else you’ve claimed to come from and please take “Moochelle” and “I’m just Joe” with you. Oh and don’t let the screen door hit you in the butt on your way out.

Robbin Hood on July 14, 2012 at 8:12 AM

“They know what they’re against but they can’t tell you what they’re for”, he said…

Oh, as if you’d listen if they did.

Cleombrotus on July 14, 2012 at 8:14 AM

TXUS on July 13, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Don’t think the size of your state has anything to the size of your intelligence.

Wade on July 14, 2012 at 8:56 AM

it’s the GOP’S fault for putting up such a wuss as nomineee….couldn’t they find any conservatives interested in saving America?

JINDAL/WEST 2012
…because America can’t afford another Democrat in the White House (both mittens and the current resident are Democrats)

Pragmatic on July 14, 2012 at 9:04 AM

That’s my Gov!!!///

We certainly pick winners around here. The politics and business climate are as bad as anywhere, but if you can make it work for yourself, it’s a gorgeous state to live in.

CTSherman on July 14, 2012 at 9:06 AM

pat on July 14, 2012 at 2:15 AM

Sadly most of New England is like that. However Industry did not fail it was put out of business because of the taxes and regulations imposed by the liberal elitists.

We need to be grateful for States like Texas who has leaders and voters who have wisdom to understand that jobs and freedom are mainstay of their State and not unions and government.

Wade on July 14, 2012 at 9:06 AM

Why would anyone care what this moron has to say ?

He is heading up the effort to put CT squarely in last place in this country in virtually any measure by raising taxes, enacting an idiotic progressive agenda (mandatory paid sick time) and driving anyone with half a brain out of his state.

Denying reality ? How about the dozen or more jobs bill the REPUBLICAN HOUSE has passed that the Senate will not even consider ? How do they not know what they are FOR when they’ve passed over a dozen jobs bills ?

Dumbass

deadrody on July 14, 2012 at 9:08 AM

Pragmatic on July 14, 2012 at 9:04 AM

Do you live in Ct?

Wade on July 14, 2012 at 9:09 AM

Malloy is as good a Democrat foot soldier as the DNC could like:

Use executive order to expand unions? CHECK

Stampede his own party into passing bad legislation? CHECK

Go to Texas and decry Voter ID laws while Connecticut has had voter ID for generations? CHECK

But he’s honest… on his inauguration day he said that Connecticut is a ‘high tax’ state and will always be a high tax state.

darkpixel on July 14, 2012 at 9:13 AM

How many jobs bills has the house sent to the do-nothing senate, jagazz?

15 Real Jobs Bills Stalled in the Senate

Akzed on July 14, 2012 at 9:34 AM

He would have to first close his mouth long enough to listen. But Dems these days are better at giving orders than they are at taking advice or listening to the people who elected them.

EdmundBurke247 on July 14, 2012 at 9:35 AM

We know what we’re for, you just can’t hear it standing there with your fingers in your ears shouting “LA LA LA LA LA”. It’s morons like you that made me leave Connecticut 18 years ago.

subsonic on July 14, 2012 at 9:58 AM