Obama: You know what my problem is? Poor messaging

posted at 7:51 pm on July 12, 2012 by Allahpundit

He needs to be more “inspiring” in his second term. That’s been the big weakness so far, apparently.

“When I think about what we’ve done well and what we haven’t done well,” the president said, “the mistake of my first term – couple of years – was thinking that this job was just about getting the policy right. And that’s important. But the nature of this office is also to tell a story to the American people that gives them a sense of unity and purpose and optimism, especially during tough times.”…

Pressed by Rose about what he felt he needed to explain better to the American people, the president corrected that he wanted to do more “explaining, but also inspiring.”

Yeah. Just yesterday I was thinking, “If only he’d talked more about how awesome it is that 25-year-olds can stay on their parents’ insurance under ObamaCare, I’d totally be willing to choke on that trillion-dollar pricetag.”

This is, of course, the political equivalent of telling a recruiter during a job interview that your big “weakness” is that you “try too hard.” It’s an almost completely meaningless self-criticism: The point, as is always the case in “messaging” complaints, is to compliment yourself on the correctness of your policy choices while blaming their failure on some facile communication problems. Serious question for liberals: Do you agree? Last I checked, there are plenty of policy complaints about The One from the left. Am eager to hear someone in his base defend the idea that had his rhetoric at the time soared a bit higher, the Democrats’ failure to include the public option in the final O-Care bill would be no biggie. Being condescended to by your political leaders is fun, huh?

Exit question: What’s the “inspiring” explanation for running guns to Mexican drug cartels?

Update: Slublog’s photoshop on this is 24-karat gold.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Obama: You know what my problem is? Poor messaging I’m an idiot

Keeping it real for Barack, yo!

JohnGalt23 on July 12, 2012 at 7:53 PM

I agree. He should just shorten his message to “I suck,” instead of beating around the bush so much.

RBMN on July 12, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Yeah, that’s it.

squint on July 12, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Obama: You know what my problem is? A Poor messageing.

Fixed.

Odysseus on July 12, 2012 at 7:55 PM

You’re right that it’s like the ‘if I have a failing…’ line for job interviews. But then you’d be silly to tell an interviewer ‘my weaknesses are laziness and incompetence’ even if it’s true. Politicians always pull this one out to explain why they’re not doing better, it’s only a problem if they believe it.

SamTrev on July 12, 2012 at 7:56 PM

“the mistake of my first term……

you mean being a Marxist that’s “clean and articulate”?

DOTUS……..meet your TEANAMI 2 on November 6th.

PappyD61 on July 12, 2012 at 7:56 PM

He’s been making up stories for his entire life. Why have his narrative skills failed him now?
Maybe if we all clap and think happy thoughts, Tinkerbell will return his bardabilities. Think happy thoughts, come on, everyone. Believe once again; pretend they’re not lies.

vityas on July 12, 2012 at 7:56 PM

So why is TFGRP refusing to talk about his signature achievement?

Bishop on July 12, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Obama: You know what my problem is? Poor messaging messiahing.

FIFY Barry

Flange on July 12, 2012 at 7:57 PM

That’s a Donald Trump question, bro.

Fezzik on July 12, 2012 at 7:58 PM

“the nature of this office is also to tell a story to the American people that gives them a sense of unity and purpose and optimism, especially during tough times.”…

Yeah and he’s been soooo good at that.

tru2tx on July 12, 2012 at 7:58 PM

I killed Osama ?

burrata on July 12, 2012 at 7:59 PM

It’s his ‘bearded Spock’ universe alternate ,Ckarab Amabo, who took his place and acted like a SCOAMF for 3 1/2 years.

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on July 12, 2012 at 7:59 PM

Translation of President Pompous

I failed to sufficiently dumb down my total awesomeness to a level you retards can understand.

Scrappy on July 12, 2012 at 8:00 PM

No, the problem is that you don’t believe in a single principle that this nation was founded upon, you effing POS.

DanaLynn on July 12, 2012 at 8:00 PM

“From day one I should have put thugs armed with AK’s on every corner to make sure everyone understood my message. Say…there is an election coming up…I have an idea…”

-TFGRP

Bishop on July 12, 2012 at 8:01 PM

Just yesterday I was thinking, “If only he’d talked more

No kidding!

Cindy Munford on July 12, 2012 at 8:01 PM

You know, for a whole gang of folks that are old enough and wealthy (20%, not 1%) enough to be swing voters, this is actually a pretty big deal.

And, given the polls that show that major portions of Obamacare — no pre-existing condition exclusions, no lifetime limits, covering your college kid… — have broad support (so broad that Republican candidates support them) the idea that his broad messaging is off actually has a little credibility.

urban elitist on July 12, 2012 at 8:01 PM

It takes a lot of talking to make abject failure look like a success.

Cicero43 on July 12, 2012 at 8:01 PM

…over three and 1/2 years of “poor messaging” you JugEarred clown!
…Daily!
…WE GOT THE MESSAGE!

KOOLAID2 on July 12, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Translation:

“I just couldn’t find enough simple words to explain to the bitter clingers with their guns and God how wonderful it would be for the government to run every aspect of their lives and to take every penny I can squeeze from them to redistribute to my interest groups.”

Wethal on July 12, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Explaining and inspiring ? Sounds like Obama-speak for
Lying and Instigating

burrata on July 12, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Yo, keep talking Barack… Mitt wins!

Marcola on July 12, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Obama: You know what my problem is? Poor messaging

Nope not quite there yet, still disconnected from reality.

canditaylor68 on July 12, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Obama, If you were a great leader and lead in the right direction..
there would be no need for messaging..

Electrongod on July 12, 2012 at 8:05 PM

little credibility.

urban elitist on July 12, 2012 at 8:01 PM

………….you do have!…^ ^ ^ ^ ^

KOOLAID2 on July 12, 2012 at 8:05 PM

urban elitist on July 12, 2012 at 8:01 PM

The thought that you actually believe that bullsqueeze if fairly depressing. It also makes you submoronic. Please don’t procreate or operate heavy machinery.

Midas on July 12, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Obama: You know what my problem is? Poor messaging I’m a limp d/ck, inept, clusterfark with no business scooping dog poop at the bark park.

Messaging? Yeah. Every time I see you massaging, I have the need to kill something and vomit at the same time.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on July 12, 2012 at 8:06 PM

I’m sorry Obama, I cannot be perfected as you wish. :(

tom daschle concerned on July 12, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Will Mitt drop the Condi bomb?

SparkPlug on July 12, 2012 at 8:07 PM

See… That question is a perfect example of what is meant by Barack’s statement that the message it the problem. Let me be clear and help you get the message…

You are not allowed to ask hard questions of the messiah.

Did we not make that clear when Joe the Plumber stuck his head up 4 years ago? Get it now?

This message brought to you by the Chicago Thug Network of Thieves.

RalphyBoy on July 12, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Bah, he never cared about messaging. He’s not even trying to sell Obamacare even now, when fellow travelers like Rachel Maddow and Eleanor Clift have admonished him too since the court decision. I think he’s lazy and indifferent. He put his signature on what he wanted and that’s all that mattered to him.

rickv404 on July 12, 2012 at 8:07 PM

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on July 12, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Any relation to WynonasBigBrownBeaver?

Midas on July 12, 2012 at 8:07 PM

mmmm mmmm mmmm.

:P

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on July 12, 2012 at 8:08 PM

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on July 12, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Any relation to WynonasBigBrownBeaver?

Midas on July 12, 2012 at 8:07 PM

My cousin.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on July 12, 2012 at 8:10 PM

This is Lakoff’s doing. He’s completely convinced liberals that they and their policies are perfect and just need better marketing. Oh and anyone who truly opposes them is mentally ill.

Keep telling yourself that, libs. Don’t change a thing.

theCork on July 12, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Anyone watching Bill O has he interviews this guy from the NAACP?? I think his last name was Sheldon. Unbelievable. I have no words.

esr1951 on July 12, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Morgan Freeman has already set the narrative on this a$$hole once he’s kicked out – We’re all racists.
Hence, we will be treated to Carteresque asides from this useless piece of sh!t for as long as he can speak.

Lanceman on July 12, 2012 at 8:12 PM

King Putt is too incompetent to succeed in realestate.
Some people are so shallow they compensate by talking all the time. Dear Liar is a prime example of this. It is also a personalty ‘tell’ of a narcissist. The amount of times you hear the pronoun ‘I’ in any of his explanations is absolutely astounding.

Missilengr on July 12, 2012 at 8:14 PM

The only way he could inspire me is if he left the remainder of his term AND left the country permanently.

It’s not his messaging, it’s the message. It’s not even the message as much as it is the poorness of the candidate, the man. He’s a piss poor excuse for a man, period.

He’s lame, he’s a liberal progressive socialist, marxist, an opportunist, a racist, and I’ll bet he’s a pretty shabby husband and father too. What marxist COULD be a good hubby and dad? Answer; none, because he likely would claim it takes a village anyway, and he isn’t a village even though his wife’s butt could probably qualify.

They need to retire, go away, sit back and pick the lice out of each other’s hair and leave America to those that still believe in America.

Wolfmoon on July 12, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Out: BS 1.0

In: BS 2.0

faraway on July 12, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Wolfmoon on July 12, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Maybe Moochele will feed him eggs and butter…

Lanceman on July 12, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Drop the ‘ing’ and you have it in a nut shell. Wait til he comes out with the poor message where he wants to sign the UN gun treaty and sends someone to our front doors to collect them. I’m sure protecting the kids in Chicago will be a great selling point.

Kissmygrits on July 12, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Maybe Moochele will feed him eggs and butter…

Lanceman on July 12, 2012 at 8:15 PM

The second I read that so many raunchy things came to my head to write, but I think I rode the line as it was, HA!

Well maybe just one thing…..Moochelle just has to squeeze her cheeks together and the butter will roll down the border line, right into his mouth.

*urp…..

Wolfmoon on July 12, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Lanceman at 8:12 … now that is forcasting my worst nightmare. I am going to be depressed for a while now. Damn. Hope I can locate some Boodles Gin to help this fade away.

Missilengr on July 12, 2012 at 8:19 PM

I agree. He should just shorten his message to “I suck,” instead of beating around the bBush so much.

RBMN on July 12, 2012 at 7:54 PM

I see what you did there…

pain train on July 12, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Hey Hussein, next time,
try autotuning your ” message”
;-)
for your worshippers

burrata on July 12, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Too good to be true. Granted some down and out libs will agree with him and feel sorry for the rest of us – because we do not have the depth to appreciate & love him.

Truly an epic day.

sdbatboy on July 12, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Obama knows exactly waht he is doing, its called ‘ One World Order” First he must bankrupt the country, then with all the rest of the nations in trouble, bingo, “One World Bank” “One World Order” and “One world religion”… It is all right there in front of us. He doesn’t care one flip about the blacks or the poor or even health care as long as he destroys this country. No one can be this stupid, nor can the socialist in congress. It is all be design…

Shain1611 on July 12, 2012 at 8:24 PM

Too bad “O” couldn’t get any help from the media, huh? LOL

THAT my friends is the definition of incompetent…when you have the media in your pocket, and cannot get your message out. What a dumbmass.

You should also ck out “Intellectual Frog Legs”

Awesome Video to ENRAGE the DEMS……
“Christians can’t vote Democrat – THE MOVIE”

deedtrader on July 12, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Lanceman on July 12, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Well, we’ll get the latter whether he’s fired in November or not and, as for me, the sooner he’s catapulted into Carter mode the better.

I’m ready to give him TOMORROW a golden hammer so he can join Jimmah in the habitat for humanity construction business.

TXUS on July 12, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Translation: Those dumb-a$$ voters just don’t understand what I’m trying to tell them for their own good. Maybe I should use shorter words or something.

farsighted on July 12, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Your problem is that you are a socialist numbskull.

Philly on July 12, 2012 at 8:25 PM

esr1951 on July 12, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Hillary Shelton I believe, and yes, he was just lying his damn face off about what Governor Romney said. BOR to his credit practically called him a liar.

It’s going to get much worse, we have months to go.

Shelton needs to be in the QOTD.

slickwillie2001 on July 12, 2012 at 8:25 PM

How many more times are the Obamunists going to re-run this excuse?

rayra on July 12, 2012 at 8:26 PM

Poor messaging is also why the majority of this country hates Obamacare, right?

Philly on July 12, 2012 at 8:26 PM

Obama: You know what my problem is? Poor messaging

Nope the problem is you take advice from Valerie Jarrett.

Dr Evil on July 12, 2012 at 8:27 PM

I think your message is perfect Barky. And the crease in your pants is dreamy.

The only challenges you might want to address are your work ethic, your choice of friends and…your entire world view…

CorporatePiggy on July 12, 2012 at 8:28 PM

slickwillie2001 on July 12, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Yep. That’s the guy. Thanks.

esr1951 on July 12, 2012 at 8:29 PM

*urp…..

Wolfmoon on July 12, 2012 at 8:18 PM

MIND BLEACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sasha List on July 12, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Obama: You know what my problem is?

…your rectum is rotten?

KOOLAID2 on July 12, 2012 at 8:30 PM

I’m tired of your f’ing STORIES!!

We want the truth, you little MAGGOT!

Sasha List on July 12, 2012 at 8:31 PM

TXUS on July 12, 2012 at 8:25 PM

You honestly think that lazy sack of crap gives two sh!ts about anything but himself?
Never accomplished anything in his life on his own or with legitimacy.
I look at that high school picture of Axeldouchebag and realize what a pussy weasel he was and is. Got this prick elected on the culture of black worship and nothing more.
Add to that the sycophancy and cuckoldry of the media and here we are.
Absolute sadness that America chose to put its eggs in this basket.

Lanceman on July 12, 2012 at 8:31 PM

If he wants to keep on listening to George Lakoff, that’s fine with me!

Lakoff is the guy who first fronted the idea Progressives should always blame ‘poor messaging’ when they lose:

manofaiki on July 12, 2012 at 8:32 PM

urban elitist on July 12, 2012 at 8:01 PM

I support looking like George Clooney, you up for paying for my plastic surgeon…..

hillsoftx on July 12, 2012 at 8:32 PM

“The Smartest Man in the World” can’t fathom that people have heard his message, understand it AND REJECT IT! Not surprising Barry doesn’t get it. He’s used to talking his way out of all his past failures and having people either buy his excuses, or help him make some up.

GarandFan on July 12, 2012 at 8:33 PM

TXUS on July 12, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Do you think Obama knows which end of the hammer to use?

What a picture – I’d pay big money to see him using one.

tru2tx on July 12, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Update: Slublog’s photoshop on this is 24-karat gold

Bad link? Or am I missing something?

Oxymoron on July 12, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Poor messaging–just think what it would look like if you didn’t have the free press you get from every 3-letter network fool.

hillsoftx on July 12, 2012 at 8:34 PM

A Democrat has an awful record, has problems getting traction and the cause is? Poor messaging!

The shiny object strategy is a symptom of this.

ajacksonian on July 12, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Saw this in the comments on another thread recently.I thought it was very funny.

A factory Foreman was laying-off an African American worker.

Worker: Your’re laying me off because I’m black!
Foreman: No, we hired you because you were black. We’re firing
you because you’re useless.

Fits nicely.

elintex on July 12, 2012 at 8:35 PM

The Lightworker failed to lower the seas and heal the planet. Who could foresee that?

obladioblada on July 12, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Yep, “poor messaging” is definitely the problem here. So I have a few suggestions for the new and improved “messaging”. How about some better messaging on your college records, your health records, Fast and Furious documents that are being withheld, all of that promised “transparency”… on second thought, give me a few minutes; it will be easier to come up with a shorter list of things that do not need better “messaging”.

ghostwalker1 on July 12, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Obama: You know what my problem is?

Your lies are getting busted on an hourly basis ?

burrata on July 12, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Update: Mitt Romney responds in an official statement:

President Obama believes that millions of Americans have lost their homes, their jobs and their livelihood because he failed to tell a good story. Being president is not about telling stories. Being president is about leading, and President Obama has failed to lead. No wonder Americans are losing faith in his presidency.

CoffeeLover on July 12, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Obama: You know what my problem is? Poor messaging

This can only be rationally interpreted as Obama thinking he needs to tell even more and ev en bigger lies and tell them even more often.

VorDaj on July 12, 2012 at 8:38 PM

Actually his new campaign slogan, “Beating on America” is not the best.

VorDaj on July 12, 2012 at 8:40 PM

Do you think Obama knows which end of the hammer to use?

What a picture – I’d pay big money to see him using one.

tru2tx on July 12, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Well, being the ultimate community organizer and Nobel Prize winner, I’m sure he could assemble a racially diverse panel of university experts who could meet and then go into break out sessions to discuss the issue and then return with their 2,000-page recommendations.

I mean, is there any other way to learn how to use a hammer or a screw driver, for that matter?

TXUS on July 12, 2012 at 8:40 PM

Obama: You know what my problem is?

Let me guess: Colo-Rectal Infarction

SparkPlug on July 12, 2012 at 8:41 PM

Obama: You know what my problem is?

Your lies are getting busted on an hourly basis ?

burrata on July 12, 2012 at 8:37 PM

That and all the things Moocherrele has been throwing at him since he left her a note saying, “No more lavish vacations until after the election”.

VorDaj on July 12, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Obama: You know what my problem is?

Your lies are getting busted on an hourly basis ?

burrata on July 12, 2012 at 8:37 PM

See little Bammie expected an affirmative action program for the truth websites like politifact and his political opponents. He is shocked that anyone would call him a liar even though he lies all day every day.

slickwillie2001 on July 12, 2012 at 8:46 PM

TXUS on July 12, 2012 at 8:40 PM

Remember when he did all these panels and break out sessions in early 2009? It seems like eons ago.

esr1951 on July 12, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Ted Bundy emails to say, “This Obama guy’s a bit of a sociopath, huh?”

Mr. Wednesday Night on July 12, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Good Lord, how many speeches has this guy given and he can’t get a story right? Then stop with the speeches!

scalleywag on July 12, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Obama is worse than Carter on Bath Salts.

SparkPlug on July 12, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Obama: You know what my problem is?

A deep, demented, unabiding hate of all things American and Western combined with a room temperature IQ.

An America-Hating Malevolent Retard

And America had better figure this out very soon and put this dangerous, miserable piece of sh!t away where he belongs.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on July 12, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Actual unemployment “with better stories”.

Goebbels is soooo proud of this oaf.

It is racist to expect so little of the first black president.
It’s also ridiculous beyond anything ever experienced in all of history.

Schadenfreude on July 12, 2012 at 8:51 PM

But the nature of [the Presidency] is also to t sell a story to the American people that gives them a sense of unity and purpose and optimism, especially during tough times.

Shouldn’t be hard, Barry, it’s how you got elected in the first place.

Mr. Arkadin on July 12, 2012 at 8:51 PM

This says the “smartest man of the world to ever run for president, the Messiah, the One”?

God, thank you so for my nom.

Schadenfreude on July 12, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Wait a sec! I thought this guy was supposed to be the “great communicator”. What happened?

Browncoatone on July 12, 2012 at 8:55 PM

awww, Obama’s policies caught a fever and the antidote is more/better messaging/packaging :-)…

jimver on July 12, 2012 at 8:58 PM

Calling George Lackoff, the One needs another chapter in The Little Blue Book.

Ufdaubet on July 12, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Browncoatone on July 12, 2012 at 8:55 PM

telepromptectomy :-)…

jimver on July 12, 2012 at 9:00 PM

and failure.

Chuck Schick on July 12, 2012 at 9:01 PM

Typical Dem always blaming the messenger instead of the message.

JimK on July 12, 2012 at 9:03 PM

Update: Slublog’s photoshop on this is 24-karat gold.

Awesome. Also, the Weekly Standard link has an update with Romney response to the Yarn Spinner in Chief.

Update: Mitt Romney responds in an official statement:

Buy Danish on July 12, 2012 at 9:03 PM

But the nature of this office is also to tell a story to the American people …

The President isn’t supposed to be a story-teller. Well, not to anyone who doesn’t take the idiocy of Black Liberation Theology or the offensive stupidity of Critical Race Theory seriously. “Poor messaging” explaining his poor messaging. LOL.

I hope everyone who ever thought this guy had a brain (you know who you are) atones for their grave sin by calling this idiot an “idiot” every time they speak about him or his retarded, un-American, intellectually offensive mental diarrhea.

BTW, Harvard and its chief Critical Race Theorist joke of a professor taught an “Understanding Obama” course. ROFLMAO! It was BYO-Crayons.

How a nation can let these retards into “the elite” is just mind-boggling. We are going to be the all-time historical laughing stock of the future. Dumbest people to ever walk the planet …

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on July 12, 2012 at 9:04 PM

Bad link? Or am I missing something?

Oxymoron on July 12, 2012 at 8:34 PM

Try this direct link to the image in question, maybe it will help.

Difficultas_Est_Imperium on July 12, 2012 at 9:07 PM

“But the nature of this office is also to tell a story to the American people that gives them a sense of unity and purpose and optimism, especially during tough times.”…

If only Zero had all the little children in re-education camps this summer. I can just see them chanting their motto: Unity, purpose and optimism (that Marxism will prevail at long last).

Buy Danish on July 12, 2012 at 9:09 PM