Drudge: Condi Rice near the top of Romney’s VP shortlist? Update: “No Condi”

posted at 8:56 pm on July 12, 2012 by Allahpundit

I gave you two possibilities in the update to Erika’s post, before we knew who the “surprising” new frontrunner was. Either it was a bona fide scoop or it was a red herring deliberately leaked by Team Mitt to draw the media away from today’s Bain storyline. Now that we know who the alleged surprise frontrunner is, my money’s on the second explanation.

Late Thursday evening, Mitt Romney’s presidential campaign launched a new fundraising drive, ‘Meet The VP’ — just as Romney himself has narrowed the field of candidates to a handful, sources reveal.

And a surprise name is now near the top of the list: Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice!

The timing of the announcement is now set for ‘coming weeks’.

It was Condi who received two standing ovations at Romney’s Utah retreat a few weeks ago, and everyone left with her name on their lips.

Any reason to believe there’s something to this? Arguably, yes: This piece by Bill Kristol published last Friday seemed strange and random at the time, but in light of tonight’s Drudge tease, it looks in hindsight like maybe BK got a tip from someone who’s tapped in and seized the opportunity to look prescient. Coincidentally, Rush Limbaugh mentioned her on the air yesterday too; doubly coincidentally, Peggy Noonan’s new column in the Journal tomorrow is all about how awesome Condi Rice might be as VP. I didn’t take Ann Romney seriously when she hinted that Team Mitt was considering a woman for the ticket, but the sudden Condi buzz among big-name Republicans makes me wonder if either something’s leaked or if Team Mitt is feeding this to friends who have microphones in order to try to create some advance grassroots buzz for his eventual pick.

And yet, I don’t buy it. Problem one: Bush, Bush, Bush. As I’ve said before, Jeb Bush can’t run for president because he’s related to Dubya but Dubya’s handpicked NSA-turned-Secretary-of-State is A-OK as number two? Why not double down and promise that Hank Paulson will be back at Treasury if Mitt wins? In fact, ironically, Condi may deliver the worst of both worlds. To doves, she’s a symbol of Bush’s alleged crazed hawkishness; to hawks, she’s a dove who can’t be trusted. Not sure how many foreign-policy points there are in that.

Problem two: Last I checked, Condi’s pro-choice. Admittedly, as you’ll see below, her position comes with lots of caveats, but so what? That won’t spare Romney a headache with social conservatives that he could have avoided by picking a veep from the 98 percent or so of prominent Republican officials who are pro-life. Besides, as John McCormack noted a few days ago, Romney’s already pledged not to choose a pro-choicer. Even if Condi’s had a Romney-esque “awakening” on this issue in later life and has now become pro-life, that only means that instead of having one candidate on the ticket whose reversal on abortion seems mighty opportunistic, we’ll have two.

Problem three: If Mitt’s thinking that he’ll earn huge diversity points with women and minority voters by running with Condi, I’d like to know why. Obama won a bigger share of women’s votes four years ago than Kerry, Gore, or Clinton did despite McCain having Palin on the ticket. (Reagan won women in a landslide after Mondale made Ferraro his number two.) The left will attack any woman and/or minority VP choice viciously as “inauthentic” and illegitimate in order to avoid losing any women or minority votes to the GOP. Look no further than the fervent effort today to paint Romney as some kind of racist for agreeing to speak to the NAACP and then refusing to remove his standard stump line about repealing ObamaCare to please them. There’s no one way they’re going to let a Republican candidate get even the tiniest, slipperiest foothold with a constituency they depend on for political survival. If Condi’s the pick, we’ll spend a solid three weeks hearing about her buying shoes during Katrina even though she’s since addressed that at length. That’s not to say that liberal attacks will necessarily succeed or that the prospect of them should determine Mitt’s choice, just to say that adding diversity to the ticket is by no means a slam dunk in terms of peeling away some of the Democrats’ core demographics.

Exit question: What’s the deal? Is this legit or is this a red herring being floated for political reasons? If the latter, you can already anticipate the left’s spin if/when Mitt ends up passing over Condi for boring white guy Rob Portman or Tim Pawlenty.

Update: NRO’s Robert Costa is hearing otherwise:

Top Romney source tells me “no Condi.” More: Romney wants someone more comfortable in ‘attack dog’ mode

I hear a few UT retreat attendees (donors, etc.) are stirring Condi buzz. Per people I trust, it’s not Boston-driven

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5 6

triple on July 13, 2012 at 6:50 AM

OK, then tell us why we SHOULD like him then?

Give us some of his positives. Go.

Cleombrotus on July 13, 2012 at 7:00 AM

triple on July 13, 2012 at 6:58 AM

alrighty

cmsinaz on July 13, 2012 at 7:01 AM

I can refute conservative arguments just fine. It’s not your arguments I take issue with, it’s the racist bits sprinkled in between.

Let me propose something: Do you think it’s possible to discuss politics with someone else, without mentioning the fact that Barack Obama is black, Indonesian, has a funny name, and isn’t a “real american?”

If you don’t think it’s possible to win arguments without involving his race in the discussion, maybe your arguments aren’t very good.

triple on July 13, 2012 at 7:02 AM

Considering I voted for the man twice, yes.

triple on July 13, 2012 at 6:58 AM

LOL, lefty. Go back to your scum at Kos. They’re your type over there. They love talking about all the implied racism they see everywhere. You and MoDowd and the gang. You’re too stupid and ignorant to be trying to take part in actual political talk.

You really are contemptible.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on July 13, 2012 at 7:02 AM

You really are contemptible.

That’s an honor, coming from you.

triple on July 13, 2012 at 7:04 AM

triple on July 13, 2012 at 7:02 AM

Oh the irony is delicious. You’ve used race in every post on this thread. Physician heal thyself…..

tommyboy on July 13, 2012 at 7:05 AM

triple on July 13, 2012 at 7:02 AM

You can’t refute jack. You see Conservative raaaciiists like others see little green men and drunks see pink elephants.

Tell me something: Is the horrible rise of black on black homicides in Memphis and Detroit the fault of white Conservatives, too?

kingsjester on July 13, 2012 at 7:06 AM

triple on July 13, 2012 at 7:02 AM

You want to talk about how Barky eats dogs to gain their spiritual power? Don’t all Americans grow up like that? Normal stuff. Or do you want to talk about how B.O. names his own dog BO – WTFFF is up with that?

Or maybe you want to talk about a guy who spews utter nonsense like “profit AND earnings ratios” which shows that he has the mathematical sophistication of a slow 8th grader? But, again, you wouldn’t understand this because you’re as dumb as a box of rocks, yourself.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on July 13, 2012 at 7:08 AM

Let me propose something:
triple on July 13, 2012 at 7:02 AM

Let me propose something.

We’ve now had 3-1/2 years to evaluate this man’s performance, character, and intentions, and political philosophy are we remain unconvinced he has America’s best interests at heart.

Tell us why we’re wrong.

Cleombrotus on July 13, 2012 at 7:08 AM

We’ve now had 3-1/2 years to evaluate this man’s performance, character, and intentions, and political philosophy are and we remain unconvinced he has America’s best interests at heart.

Tell us why we’re wrong.

Cleombrotus on July 13, 2012 at 7:09 AM

Trips may be the first poster I’ve ever seen who loses arguments against his own strawmen.

tommyboy on July 13, 2012 at 7:12 AM

tommyboy on July 13, 2012 at 7:12 AM

LOL

(sorry, Sherman, couldn’t resist)

Cleombrotus on July 13, 2012 at 7:13 AM

It’s the implied racism. Implied racism is like when someone turns on the news, showing some black kid got arrested, and they go “that figures.” It’s like when Rush says “Barack Hussein Obama”, but not “Willard Mitt Romney”. It’s like when someone feels the need to call Barack “Barky”, which I’ve already seen used elsewhere on the internet in the eloquent phrase “Darky Barky Obama”, so don’t try to explain that away, you’re not fooling anyone.

So, are conservatives racist? No. Just the ones who are racist.

triple on July 13, 2012 at 6:50 AM

“Implied” simply means you have an active imagination…obvious by your examples.

You called Rush a racist because he uses Barry’s name in a derogatory manner…well my gosh, imagine that. Did he make fun of Robert Reich, Riiiiiccccccchhhhhh…than I guess he is also a racist against white people.

Pal, you need to get out of your hole and live a little. Using an example of some blogger posting “darky” is not representative of anything but a nutty blogger…one who has an active imagination.

As far as “that figures” that’s a diss and disgust of the people like the NAACP, and other black leaders that turn their back on black crime, high drop out rates, and high single parent…”it figures” because it happens to be true, the crime in “their” communities is skyrocketing.
They once had the lowest divorce rate, the lowest birth out of wed lock, high employment, low drop out rate in school… and now with the liberals “helping” them out, it figures, they all of those honorable statistics are no longer there.

You are the racist, you just deflect by defining others actions by your feelings. People like you are the reason racism still exists, you find it every time you see a raised eyebrow…white guilt is racism at it’s worst.

right2bright on July 13, 2012 at 7:16 AM

We’ve now had 3-1/2 years to evaluate this man’s performance, character, and intentions, and political philosophy and we remain unconvinced he has America’s best interests at heart.

Or that he’s an honest soul.

Cleombrotus on July 13, 2012 at 7:17 AM

right2bright on July 13, 2012 at 7:16 AM

She’s probably more of a racialist than a racist, that is, someone who views everything through the prism of race. She probably can’t help it having been conditioned to do so by years of this stuff and probably doesn’t recognize that she’s doing it.

Sort of like a Marxist views everything through the prism of class struggle they think any criticism of the pathologies in the black community is a commentary on black people as opposed to a commentary on Liberalism which has only exacerbated the pathologies.

Cleombrotus on July 13, 2012 at 7:26 AM

Let me propose something.

Tell us why we’re wrong.

I can’t. I can’t because we don’t want the same things.

I want marriage equality. Republicans want gays to seek therapy and choose to be straight.

I want universal healthcare. Republicans think we should let them die.

I want funding for higher education. Republicans think college is for elitist know-it-alls.

I want science. Republicans want superstition.

So far, barack has delivered – for me. I don’t agree with him on everything. But the current republican party is so far backwards up its ass I couldn’t possibly support their nominee, even though I do like Mitt Romney as a person, I can’t possibly support his platform. Mitt Romney with the exception of a few things had very few differences from the Barack Obama of today when he was governor of Massachusetts. Their healthcare plans were nearly identical. But he’s running for president, and his base is just so ridiculously backwards he had to change his politics. The only thing I wonder about is, will he continue that if he actually gets elected?

triple on July 13, 2012 at 7:27 AM

Could this have been floated for political reasons, not as a deflection, but as an ill-conceived, ham-fisted, damage-controlling outreach?

Axe on July 13, 2012 at 7:27 AM

triple on July 13, 2012 at 7:30 AM

triple on July 13, 2012 at 7:02 AM

But you haven’t…you just create images out of your mind, that conservatives hate blacks…gee, one of our most honored people is Thomas Sowell, Condi Rice, Allen West, Clarence Thomas…oh wait, they aren’t black in your book are they?
Let me see, since the invention of TV no presidential candidate has been chosen with facial hair, yet prior most every one had facial hair at some time during their tenure or campaign…let’s see what you make of that. Hair racism sprinkled in between??
The fact is, Obama is one if not the weakest leader we have ever had in that office. He has called our military murderers, called citizens people who want to starve children, let people die in the streets, he is a leader for one segment of the population, the ones that vote for him…if that is your definition of a leader, fine, be honest.
But we want someone who leads all of the people, not just his minions.
He is a pitiful example, proven by numbers of unemployment, record costs of energy, lack of economic growth, corruption leading to the killing of hundreds of Mexican citizens and American citizens, has lied to the American people time and time again, and that is who you choose to lead, that you honor.
Well enjoy these last 116 days…it’s over for him, because he was inept, ill prepared, dishonest, the only thing he had going for him is that he told the lies of “hope and change” and you and other bought into it, and he delivered pain and suffering.

right2bright on July 13, 2012 at 7:31 AM

I can’t. I can’t because we don’t want the same things.

triple on July 13, 2012 at 7:27 AM

OK, So you admit we have different opinions about how the country should be governed.

Now, tell me how you define that as inherent racism on our part.

Cleombrotus on July 13, 2012 at 7:34 AM

right2bright, I’ve said on multiple occasions that conservative does not equal racist. I’m not equating conservatism with racism.

That said, let me ask you a few questions.

1) Do racists exist?

2) Is it possible some of them might hold a range of political beliefs, including conservatism?

I called him a racist because he’s saying racist things. Not because he believes in states rights.

triple on July 13, 2012 at 7:34 AM

Now, tell me how you define that as inherent racism on our part.

I fundamentally and unequivocally don’t, as that’s unfair and intellectually dishonest.

I called a racist a racist for saying racist things.

It just so happened it was on a conservative website. That’s all.

triple on July 13, 2012 at 7:36 AM

I can’t. I can’t because we don’t want the same things.

I want universal healthcare. Republicans think we should let them die.

I want science. Republicans want superstition.

triple on July 13, 2012 at 7:27 AM

Not to bright are you??

Yes, we want superstition…what an idiotic statement, where did you get that from?
You think Republicans want other to die? You don’t know that we have families? That Republican’s have fathers, mothers? You think Republicans live by themselves, don’t have health problems, don’t get cancer, don’t die? Really?

Republicans look for all to go to school, which is why most want school vouchers, which helps minorities more than any other system…good grief, you live in a hole surrounded by your liberal websites.

So you don’t think we have health problems, that we don’t think kids should be educated, that we don’t believe in science…oh and we don’t think that gays should be “married” just have legal unions, that’s your most pressing problem?
With record unemployment, economic bankruptcy, failing economy, record child out of wedlock, that’s your most pressing problem? 3% of the nation maybe denied what they want…good grief, no wonder Obama is such a miserable failure, look at what his followers focus on…myths.

right2bright on July 13, 2012 at 7:40 AM

triple on July 13, 2012 at 7:36 AM

Oh? So are you admitting that objections to an Obama presidency can be on the basis of a difference in political philosophy and worldview then?

Cleombrotus on July 13, 2012 at 7:42 AM

Yes, and if the original poster had cited concerns besides race and his Indonesian heritage you might have a point.

triple on July 13, 2012 at 7:43 AM

1) Do racists exist?

triple on July 13, 2012 at 7:34 AM

Certainly, look at the KKK, a democrat born group…you are equating comments, criticism of the failure of Obama as being racist, when he is just inept and a weak leader.
He is the one who ran as the first black president, his campaign touted that, he has to live with being the first failed black president, that is his standard.
He is the one who stopped school vouchers in Washington, while he made sure his kids went to the finest school…you tell me who is the racist.
Denying others what he so eagerly embraces…

right2bright on July 13, 2012 at 7:45 AM

triple on July 13, 2012 at 7:34 AM

Who is “him”? Rush? What racist things has he stated, real things not what you imagine.

right2bright on July 13, 2012 at 7:47 AM

triple on July 13, 2012 at 7:43 AM

I read that post and had they been the original post in that exchange I might have concluded the same thing but since they were not, is it possible that Obama’s race and Indonesian heritage were not the primary points the poster was making but peripheral to it and supportive of his larger claim that Obama’s interests are not fueled by nor spring from the same motivations as conservatives are?

Cleombrotus on July 13, 2012 at 7:50 AM

Robert Costa ‏@robertcostaNRO

Boston mag, which has covered Romney for years, thinks it’ll be Portman

Axe on July 13, 2012 at 7:53 AM

In the south republicans are trying to get Creationism or “Intelligent Design” into schools.

As creationism is a myth, that’s fairly accurate.

You think Republicans want other to die?

Wolf Blitzer to Ron Paul: “So we should just let them die?”

Republican primary debate audience: *cheers*

Obviously republicans have fathers, mothers, people who get cancer.

So when one of those people you love gets cancer and can afford to keep up treatments thanks to the insurance companies not blacklisting them, remember who it was that wanted to end that: You.

Republicans have long wanted to gut or outright eliminate the DOE and things like Pell Grants. Vouchers I got no problem with.

oh and we don’t think that gays should be “married” just have legal unions

Yeah, that’s a big problem. You’re the first people to talk about how great America is because of it’s “Freedom!”, but you’re the first to take away freedom from anyone you deem immoral due to your religion.

In short, yeah, we don’t agree.

triple on July 13, 2012 at 7:54 AM

In short, yeah, we don’t agree.

triple on July 13, 2012 at 7:54 AM

I can’t speak for Republicans, but I wish you’d stop trying to force me to recognize as a marriage something that isn’t, stripping away my right to think for myself in the name of freedom. The issue has nothing whatever to do with religion or immorality. The nature of marriage is embedded in the world of physics, not ethics. And if I’m wrong in my assessment, I’ll correct myself — assuming you’ll allow me even that much freedom to think.

Axe on July 13, 2012 at 8:05 AM

I called a racist a racist for saying racist things.

It just so happened it was on a conservative website. That’s all.

triple on July 13, 2012 at 7:36 AM

You have the market cornered on intellectual dishonesty. I suggest you start by dropping the logical fallacies.

Dante on July 13, 2012 at 8:06 AM

In short, yeah, we don’t agree.

triple on July 13, 2012 at 7:54 AM

What a post…are you sure you aren’t on drugs or something…take this for example, one of your brilliant arguments.

Wolf Blitzer to Ron Paul: “So we should just let them die?”

A liberal journalist asks a ridiculous question, and that’s your argument? Before ObamaCare did we just “let them die”? What did we do for the last 100 years before ObamaCare? Did we “just let them die”? Really, you think 10 years ago we had dead people in the streets?

right2bright on July 13, 2012 at 8:06 AM

Another media distraction from the horrible economy?

Wagthatdog on July 13, 2012 at 8:14 AM

As creationism is a myth, that’s fairly accurate.

In short, yeah, we don’t agree.

triple on July 13, 2012 at 7:54 AM

And the rest of the “science” you believe in are theories also, correct?
The point is, all “theories” that are part of a culture should be explored, funny how you end with “but you’re the first to take away freedom from anyone you deem immoral due to your religion”, and you use the creationism as an example of what you don’t believe, therefore that freedom should be taken away.

And of course, since creationism is embraced by many (both left and right), you believe that conservative don’t believe in any science at all…good grief, you do exaggerate and create quite a world built around your active imagination…let’s see, some people in the south want creationism in schools, therefore all conservative don’t believe in science, yeah, you are real logical.

Let’s see, Wolf Blitzer asks an inane question, and that means we want people to die in the streets…like they have been for the past 50 years, why we have had to literally hire people to pick up the bodies and bury them daily.
You have quite an imagination, you should try to actually use some facts…

right2bright on July 13, 2012 at 8:15 AM

Dante on July 13, 2012 at 8:06 AM

triple, you’re getting some good advice here. I’d suggest you take advantage of it and expand your perspective. You might learn something you hadn’t considered before.

Gotta run, Work calls.

Cleombrotus on July 13, 2012 at 8:16 AM

And the rest of the “science” you believe in are theories also, correct?

Evolution is a theory.

Creationism is a hypothesis.

triple on July 13, 2012 at 8:31 AM

You have quite an imagination, you should try to actually use some facts…

I’m the one who doesn’t believe in the magical sky person and I need to use some facts. Okay.

triple on July 13, 2012 at 8:33 AM

triple on July 13, 2012 at 8:33 AM

Just stopped back on my way out the door. It’s worse than I thought.

Cleombrotus on July 13, 2012 at 8:36 AM

triple on July 13, 2012 at 8:33 AM

Another example of a logical fallacy. You have been deficient in the facts department, regardless of whether you or someone else personally believes in god or not.

Dante on July 13, 2012 at 8:38 AM

Thought experiment:

Picture Rice debating Biden on foreign policy.

BWAH HAAAAAAA HAAAA HA HA haaaaa.

Now picture Romney debating Obama on economics.

BWAH HAAAAA HAAAA HA HA HA HA aaaaaaaaa.

I think Condi would be a great choice and a major *get* for team Mittens. However, I don’t think it will happen. My read on Rice is that she does not want any part of electoral politics. I am sure she would be happy to have a cabinet position again, but she will never run in an election. If she wanted to run for an office, she could easily be at the top of the ticket.

bitsy on July 13, 2012 at 8:59 AM

triple on July 13, 2012 at 8:33 AM

So your are part of the 10% who don’t believe…okay, and you stated “but you’re the first to take away freedom from anyone you deem immoral due to your religion”…
You are one of the few that argue with themselves and lose…

Young man or woman, you need to get an education, live a little, and than you will be able to discern and understand what you are writing, instead of just repeating and quoting what someone else has written and tells you to write…in 10 or 15 years you should be there.

right2bright on July 13, 2012 at 9:00 AM

Picture Rice debating Biden on foreign policy.

BWAH HAAAAAAA HAAAA HA HA haaaaa.

Now picture Romney debating Obama on economics.

BWAH HAAAAA HAAAA HA HA HA HA aaaaaaaaa.

bitsy on July 13, 2012 at 8:59 AM

We need a different foreign policy than any that Rice or Biden would argue. Same goes for economics in regards to Romney and Obama. Each one occupies the same place on the spectrum. You’re not going to get radically differing views from any one of them.

Dante on July 13, 2012 at 9:05 AM

triple on July 13, 2012 at 8:31 AM

dunning-kruger

tom daschle concerned on July 13, 2012 at 9:11 AM

God, it’s like dealing with children telling you santa is real. They’re so sure of it!

Unfortunately it’s worse as children aren’t taken seriously, :ugh:

triple on July 13, 2012 at 9:19 AM

Oh and I said God as an expression, like “God, this weather is horrible.” I wasn’t actually acknowledging any sort of existence. Just a heads up, I mean I gotta remember who I’m dealing with.

triple on July 13, 2012 at 9:20 AM

Unfortunately it’s worse as children aren’t taken seriously, :ugh:

triple on July 13, 2012 at 9:19 AM

No one is trying to convince you that god exists. Certainly not me since I don’t believe in god. But you are neither as smart nor as clever as you think you are. You haven’t presented anything resembling sound reasoning, facts, or logic. The only thing you have offered is logical fallacy after fallacy after fallacy.

Dante on July 13, 2012 at 9:25 AM

dunning-kruger

tom daschle concerned on July 13, 2012 at 9:11 AM

You are blogging to a person who thinks dead bodies were piling up in the streets before ObamaCare, and that because we don’t want ObamaCare we want the bodies to continue to pile up…in other words, the poster lives in a fantasy world and creates a world to fit their belief.

right2bright on July 13, 2012 at 9:32 AM

smells like the Rove/TX/establishment pushing this. fresh out of the cheney fundraiser. the Tx wing of the party establishment trying to exercise some control over the eastern elitist establishment wing.

t8stlikchkn on July 13, 2012 at 9:43 AM

right2bright on July 13, 2012 at 9:32 AM

thats all they’ve got. these are the people that are going to have a great deal of cognitive dissonance coming. they may be dangerous; menatally unbalanced. avoid them.

t8stlikchkn on July 13, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Condi Rice is a poor choice. Not because I personally dislike her. Although I’m not always on board with her centrist policy ideologies.

Main reason Rice is a poor choice is the so-called African American community doesn’t like her because she’s a Republican and because she refuses to toe-their-race-party-line.

Do I think she would be a great V.P.? As good as anybody else on the short-list.

If Romney is using Rice to go after the independent swing-voter who are primarily non-African-American, then maybe she is a good choice. But then any of the white male candidates could accomplish the same thing.

So, picking Rice because you like her politics/ideologies (which by her own admission she hates politics). Don’t pick her simply because of her gender or race.

Lawrence on July 13, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Wait, am I reading this right? Condi is not qualified?

Dude, she’s more qualified to run for president than Mitt is.

triple on July 13, 2012 at 1:29 AM

You must be new here.
I’m not a ‘dude’-I’m a chick.
condi is a squish on islam/not exactly pro-israel and sees EVERYTHING through the prism of her childhood.
She’s also a social lefty.
She is NOT qualified.

annoyinglittletwerp on July 13, 2012 at 10:04 AM

She is NOT qualified.

annoyinglittletwerp on July 13, 2012 at 10:04 AM

You mean she doesn’t fit your qualifications…she is qualified, just not my choice either.
But it would be great to see her debate Biden, that alone may be worth it.

right2bright on July 13, 2012 at 10:12 AM

not exactly pro-israel

annoyinglittletwerp on July 13, 2012 at 10:04 AM

There you go again, putting another country ahead of America and its citizens.

Dante on July 13, 2012 at 10:12 AM

But it would be great to see her debate Biden, that alone may be worth it.

right2bright on July 13, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Why? They’re on the same page.

Dante on July 13, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Audio Exclusive: The Speech That Landed Condi On Romney’s List
A call to “storm Washington D.C.” Speculation in Park City that “she wants to be Vice President.”

Dr Evil on July 13, 2012 at 10:17 AM

There’s a storm coming….

Dr Evil on July 13, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Dante on July 13, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Go f**k yourself with a chainsaw you worthless Jew-hating piece of smegma. It is possible to be a patriot AND support Israel!

annoyinglittletwerp on July 13, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Why? They’re on the same page.

Dante on July 13, 2012 at 10:13 AM

Really, you actually think that?
You don’t know much about Biden or Condi, that’s pretty obvious.

As stated, she would not be my choice, although her intellect and experience is obvious, but she is no where near Biden in policy, and certainly he is no where, not the same page, book, or even library when it comes to intellect.

The choice actually would make sense, since a President is a leader of all the people, not just the ones who voted for him. So he has to have someone that appeals to other segments than his strength.

I will say this, if it is Condi, it will be the two most intelligent people to occupy the White House is over a hundred years…and I mean intelligent is more than just “learn’in”.

right2bright on July 13, 2012 at 10:28 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on July 13, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Ah, the struggle of a feeble mind trying to express itself.

Because I point out the immorality of my wealth seized at the point of a gun by government and handed over to a foreign nation, that means I’m a Jew-hater. It is odd that you used the word “and,” because clearly in your tiny mind one cannot be a patriot and not support Israel. This coming from the person who answered “Depends” when asked who she would support if the US and Israel were at war with each other.

You lack intelligence, but that was evident in your resorting to profanity.

Dante on July 13, 2012 at 10:31 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on July 13, 2012 at 10:22 AM

So you are stating that you don’t agree with dante? I didn’t quite understand your response it was so meek…/s

The post from dante was strange, I didn’t see where you were putting Israel ahead of America…funny how people read into things that are not there, a sign of not being too bright I suppose.
After all, he thinks Biden and Condi are “on the same page”…I chalk it up to not being very well read.

right2bright on July 13, 2012 at 10:31 AM

Really, you actually think that?

right2bright on July 13, 2012 at 10:28 AM

I do not think it, I know it.

Dante on July 13, 2012 at 10:32 AM

You lack intelligence, but that was evident in your resorting to profanity.

Dante on July 13, 2012 at 10:31 AM

And she was putting Israel ahead of America where??? Speaking of intelligence.
ooops, you kind of stepped in it…better to have just apologized for taking her remarks out of context and twisting them.
But your kind never apologizes…you just attack.

right2bright on July 13, 2012 at 10:33 AM

In short, yeah, we don’t agree.

triple on July 13, 2012 at 7:54 AM

Axe on July 13, 2012 at 8:05 AM

Disgusting lefties…scream “gay marriage, an equal right! Sqwack!!!” Yet these selfsame monsters are the first to bring up in a degrogatory manner, Mitt’s polygamist ancestors (and mine also, by the way)…I am certainly not condoning polygamy in any way, but if these idiots want gay marriage, they shouldn’t have a problem with polygamy..or even the sheep herder marrying his “montana blond” named Dolly. Lefties..let me make it clear, if you call marriage between anyone who want to married in spite of their sex, then I don’t want to hear anything from you all but blessings for polygamist marriages.

norm1111 on July 13, 2012 at 10:37 AM

I do not think it, I know it.

Dante on July 13, 2012 at 10:32 AM

Great, what is her view on ObamaCare? The same as Biden’s?

How about energy, the same as Biden’s?

How about government takeover of GM, the same as Biden’s?

right2bright on July 13, 2012 at 10:40 AM

But you are neither as smart nor as clever as you think you are.

Dante on July 13, 2012 at 9:25 AM

You’re drowning us in irony.

MadisonConservative on July 13, 2012 at 10:42 AM

right2bright on July 13, 2012 at 10:31 AM

EVERY TIME Dante and Golembythehudson comment on the same thread-Dante ‘asks’ gbth if he’s a US citizen. EVERY. TIME.
Dante does it because Dante is a Jew-hater and in his dark. decaying Jew-hating mind one can NOT possibly be supportive of Israel w/o being disloyal to the US.

annoyinglittletwerp on July 13, 2012 at 10:42 AM

And she was putting Israel ahead of America where??? Speaking of intelligence.
But your kind never apologizes…you just attack.

right2bright on July 13, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Nothing was taken out of context nor twisted.

Dante on July 13, 2012 at 10:44 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on July 13, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Yep. It’s even more annoying that he keeps that crap so well hidden while attacking others as being unreasonable or profane. He takes passive-aggression to the height of trolling excellence.

MadisonConservative on July 13, 2012 at 10:45 AM

Nothing was taken out of context nor twisted.

Dante on July 13, 2012 at 10:44 AM

All she said was pro-Israel. You equate being pro-Israel with being “Israel First”. Go ahead and say it, troll. You’re not fooling anyone.

MadisonConservative on July 13, 2012 at 10:46 AM

Great, what is her view on ObamaCare? The same as Biden’s?

How about energy, the same as Biden’s?

How about government takeover of GM, the same as Biden’s?

right2bright on July 13, 2012 at 10:40 AM

She is a statist, the same as Biden. While there may be slight differences in opinion or votes, nothing changes the core.

Dante on July 13, 2012 at 10:49 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on July 13, 2012 at 10:42 AM

This isn’t the way to prove you don’t lack intelligence.

Dante on July 13, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Nothing was taken out of context nor twisted.

Dante on July 13, 2012 at 10:44 AM

There you go again, putting another country ahead of America and its citizens.

Dante on July 13, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Great, so you can show us where she was putting Israel ahead of America by stating that Condi is a squish on Islam, not exactly a pro-Israel stance, is putting Israel ahead of America.

condi is a squish on islam/not exactly pro-israel…

annoyinglittletwerp on July 13, 2012 at 10:04 AM

You can clear this up by showing us where atw was putting Israel ahead of America…you seem to not be able to separate what you may think you posted with what you did post.

right2bright on July 13, 2012 at 10:51 AM

triple personifies the left. Make it up without a basis and then push it on others while you complain the right tells you how to live. triple could not polish Condi’s shoes if he can find his hand in front of his face.

democratsarefools on July 13, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Rice’s forceful and surprisingly partisan 13-minute address — audio of which has been obtained by BuzzFeed — won her two standing ovations from the gathering of big-money donors and GOP elite. It was widely considered the highlight of the weekend, several people present told BuzzFeed.
The standout performance took several people in Romney’s orbit by surprise. One surrogate said he was surprised by the red meat rhetoric employed by Rice, who has largely eschewed the political arena in recent years, devoting her time instead to an academic career at Stanford.
“She’s either very worried about a socialist threat to America, or she wants to be Vice President,” the surrogate said.

Dr Evil on July 13, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Dante on July 13, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Lemmee guess-that isn’t you. The Bilderbergers actually stole your HA identity and are posting crap like that in order to make a patriot like you look bad
Oh wait…you make yourself look bad alll by your lonesome.

annoyinglittletwerp on July 13, 2012 at 10:54 AM

She sounded other hawkish themes as well, condemning Obama for allowing America to be “governed by the lowest common denominator collective will of the so-called international community of the United Nations.” And she Romney’s absolute belief in “American exceptionalism.”
But the first moment that brought the crowd to its feet came when she moved from foreign to domestic policy, blasting the president for pitting the rich against the poor.
“It is a narrative that is being pushed by our current president, that ‘I’m doing poorly because you’re doing well,’” she said. “That has never been the American narrative. Ours has never been a narrative of aggrievement, and ours has never been a narrative of entitlement.”
And then, moments later, she received her second standing ovation by declaring, “It is time for all of us, in any way we can, to mobilize, get our act together, and storm Washington D.C.”

There’s a storm coming…..

Dr Evil on July 13, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Dante on July 13, 2012 at 10:49 AM

So you make up words, but when confronted with actual facts it confuses you?
So she is not on the same page, but is? She doesn’t support what Biden supports but does?
And she is a “statist”, what policy’s does she support where she thinks the government should control the economy or should control the social values.
We know Biden does, I pointed out a few very distinct and pertinent points where they disagree…and now you can give be specifics where they do agree. Or do you just use a term “statist” because it sounds cool and you read it somewhere.
As I stated, she isn’t my choice, but she is no Biden, let alone “on the same page”.

right2bright on July 13, 2012 at 10:57 AM

This isn’t the way to prove you don’t lack intelligence.

Dante on July 13, 2012 at 10:50 AM

What exactly do you think you’re proving with your endless posts insulting everyone on this site, including the people that make the site available to you?

MadisonConservative on July 13, 2012 at 10:58 AM

right2bright on July 13, 2012 at 10:57 AM

I see Dante you have difficulty defending your position…of course you do, Condi and Biden have few common policies.
As you grow and learn, you will be able to develop a better understanding of politics, it’s good that you participate, you will learn. And we don’t mind teaching people like you.
Your welcome…

right2bright on July 13, 2012 at 11:06 AM

MadisonConservative on July 13, 2012 at 10:58 AM

He’s learning, trying to find his way, he is just confused and doesn’t understand what he is posting, it just fly out and hasn’t learned discipline, and how to connect different thought into a cognitive organized belief. He is just flaying about, it’s kind of like a bird being pushed out of the next, it just is happy to be in the air, but can’t control where it is going.
In a few years, he will learn…meanwhile we can have fun and laugh at his antics.

right2bright on July 13, 2012 at 11:10 AM

I am not surprised that Condi Rice was making a red meat speech in front of GOP campaign donors. Dr Rice has got to be tired of hearing how everything is George W Bush’s fault, she was a member of his cabinet for both terms in office.

Dr Evil on July 13, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Regardless of whether or not Romney picks Rice (heh) he should always do this, ie, run a choice up the flagpole, etc.

Knott Buyinit on July 13, 2012 at 11:14 AM

right2bright on July 13, 2012 at 11:10 AM

He knows perfectly well what he’s posting. Notice he doesn’t respond to me at all. He has no argument for the fact that he attacks EVERYONE on this site. That’s because he is the very definition of a troll, even more so than someone like libfreeordie every was. He is only interested in drawing reactions in anger. Sure, he puts up the pretense of offense, but it’s his ultimate goal in commenting, because it makes him feel superior to remain calm while his objectively antagonistic statements draw the appropriate reaction from many of our members.

MadisonConservative on July 13, 2012 at 11:24 AM

triple on July 13, 2012 at 7:02 AM

As a refuge from USSR and really familiar with progressive socialism/communist views, way and means to demoralize people, exterminate them when they don’t agree with your principles and suppress their viewpoints by any means necessary I will be more than happy to debate your idiot, COMMUNIST AT HEART, liar and cheat nobody sitting in the WH. Without ever mentioning his Muslim roots, skin color or name, I will simply point out, step by step, how he is using a well developed and tried out manual so well used by the communists in USSR. Everything he does, absolutely everything, is based on what they have done. And where it took them roughly 10 years to get the point of applying physical intimidation and extermination to suppress people’s freedom (roughly the year Ayn Rand left Soviet Union for USA) to begin their vicious practices your idiot leader in WH has achieved way more than they did in less than 4 years.

Are you game? Bring any and all communist social studies and history professors you feel like, I’ll feel happy to teach them on subjects they should know well.

riddick on July 13, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Conservative women don’t vote based on race or gender, they vote for conservatives. Personally, I could care less who Romney picks as VP. He’s already got my anti-Obama vote, and if he wins, I imagine he will serve two terms. Has Condi ever run for public office or been elected? It would not be a good fit for her.

lea on July 13, 2012 at 11:29 AM

So you make up words, but when confronted with actual facts it confuses you?

right2bright on July 13, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Make up words??? What is that supposed to mean?

I said each one, Rice, Biden, Obama, Romney, occupy the same place on the political spectrum. There may be slight differences of opinion or votes, but that does not change their core ideologies. Do you think you’ll get differing views on Iran from Rice or Biden? Of course not.

Yes, I have lost track of the number of times Rice, Biden, Romney, and Obama have each said we must end the Fed, end this fiat money nonsense, and return to the gold standard.

Dante on July 13, 2012 at 11:33 AM

She’s also a social lefty.
She is NOT qualified.

Qualified does not mean “agrees with me on everything”.

Ph.D. in political science
A Stanford professor in Polisci, later made Provost
Bush’s National Security Advisor and Secretary of State

Yeah, she’s qualified.

Mitt ran Massachusetts, a few companies, and the olympics. He also makes ridiculous amounts of money. He never had to deal with presenting daily reports to the president during the immediate aftermath of September 2001, nor did he deal with foreign policy when we were in the middle of two wars. Of course, it could be argued we shouldn’t have been in so many wars in the first place, but that’s not what I’m getting at. My point is, she’s more qualified than most, so I’m giving the edge to condi.

triple on July 13, 2012 at 11:34 AM

MadisonConservative on July 13, 2012 at 11:24 AM

But we laugh at him…how can that make him feel superior? He may feel that way, but he sees us laugh and tear him apart.
He’s just a kid trying to be noticed, he will eventually commit poster suicide and make a comment to get him banned because we won’t take him serious unless he gets more and more outrageous…you have seen this played out many times.
Laugh and enjoy his short time here…he is a pathetically funny poster, we have seen his kind all too often, and it always ends the same way.
And no, his kind never changes any ones mind, it does quite the opposite no one wants to be compared to someone like him.

right2bright on July 13, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Wow, that’s pretty impressive!

From possibly RINO Rice to that pathetic group of RINO squishes!

Portman would be worst than RICE! He has no name recognition and can just as easily be tied to Bush!!

LevinFan on July 13, 2012 at 11:37 AM

riddick on July 13, 2012 at 11:25 AM

First question: Define communism.

Second question: Look up communism on wikipedia, how does the widely accepted definition of communism differ from yours?

Third question: What policies has Obama enacted (I want bill numbers) that come anywhere close to what communism was?

If you can come up with something he’s done that is literally communism, go for it. Spotlights on you. I have an open mind here.

triple on July 13, 2012 at 11:39 AM

right2bright on July 13, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Some people inevitably, and understandably, get angry at his most despicable of statements, whether it be suggesting that US soldiers do not deserve respect, or that any support of Israel represents the placement of Israel above America. Then, of course, it’s all marinated in his everyday line of “if you don’t agree with me on everything I believe, then you are not conservative.” It’s sickening, but that’s exactly what he intends. No person possessed of integrity and honesty ever tries to claim that they are the standard by which an ideology should be defined, unless they themselves invented said ideology.

MadisonConservative on July 13, 2012 at 11:41 AM

Dante on July 13, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Pal, better get your learning cap on, their views on Iran the Middle East are hugely different, just listen to her latest speech, and learn…funny you have not come up with one example where they are “on the same page”…so where is the “statist” policy? You didn’t come up with one, not one…typical of someone who throws out a statement, and can’t back it up. Next time, don’t quote something you don’t understand.
You are a young fool without much knowledge, are you sure you even know what the “gold standard” is??? Do you even know how that transfer would even take place? I doubt it, but I am sure one of your websites would know…don’t tell me, a Ron Paul supporter?

right2bright on July 13, 2012 at 11:42 AM

triple on July 13, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Yesterday the Obama administration gutted those federal work rules, ignoring the will of Congress

Gee, that was easy, we have an example almost every day of him imposing his standards over the will of the people and laws of congress…next question?

And I doubt you have an “open mind”…unless you mean one where you turn your head and all common sense falls out…

right2bright on July 13, 2012 at 11:46 AM

He’s just a kid trying to be noticed,
right2bright on July 13, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Exactly. Typical teen or college student who thinks everything will be fine if we just all hold hands and sing Kumbaya and if you don’t agree you’re evil and other despicable adjectives.
Yeah I remember those types from the 60s. LOL Of course they also created Bill Ayers, Timothy Leary, Charles Manson, H Rap Brown, etc. Innocence can lead to ignorance if a person refuses to be open and is easily swayed. Seems to be our little Triple’s problem.

Deanna on July 13, 2012 at 11:47 AM

For Problem 3, I would say Romney does not understand the new world of politics. There was an article this week that said that and I think it is exactly right. He doesn’t get that the Dems will do anything to win. And who cares if she is black or female. Conservatives may like that she is pretty conservative, but the liberals hate her because she is a black woman and she wandered off the liberal plantation and there fore must die at all costs.

jeffn21 on July 13, 2012 at 11:57 AM

right2bright on July 13, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Really? They both favor an aggressive, militaristic foreign policy against Iran and in the ME at large. You think one of them is pushing for diplomacy and noninterventionism???

There has been no change of policy in regards to the MidEast for at least – at least – 50 years

Dante on July 13, 2012 at 11:59 AM

right2bright on July 13, 2012 at 11:46 AM

That wasn’t an example of communism, nor is “imposing his standards over the will of the people and laws of congress” an example of, or indicative of communism.

Dante on July 13, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Dante on July 13, 2012 at 11:59 AM

Hey Paulbot:

So the latest report says that Iran could have nukes that can hit the US in 3 years.

Should we still just allow Iran to whatever they want, to say that they deserve the right to get nukes just like we do as RuPaul says??

LevinFan on July 13, 2012 at 12:10 PM