Real talk: Allen West will not be bullied, thank you very much

posted at 4:01 pm on July 10, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

Rep. Allen West (R-Florida) came under fire last week for a few choice comments about liberal racism, as well as about President Obama actively engendering a culture of dependency.

I really feel that it is demeaning to me to think that I need some individual to justify me and my existence. Look, I went through 22 years being in the military, I rose to the rank of Lt. Colonel, I have a bachelor and 2 masters degrees. And for these white liberals to believe they can have this condescending manner toward black conservatives that we need to have approval from our quote unquote, I guess “masters”, for us to be able to speak – see that’s where the true racism really lies governor is with the white liberals who don’t want to see someone such as myself that broke away from their dependency class and is out here and able to possibly contend against them with the policies that they are promoting that’s destroying the black community. I know I’m their #1 target and it just emboldens me to speak out even stronger.

And:

“Self-esteem comes from doing esteemable things. Sitting at home and getting a check from the government is not going to help your self-esteem. What it will do is make you an economic slave to people living in a far, far, distant place,” West said on Sunday.

“He does not want you to have the self-esteem of getting up and earning and having that title of ‘American,’” the congressman said of the president. “He’d rather you be his slave and be economically dependent upon him.”

Rep. West is often criticized for being incisive, intemperate, shooting from the hip, rabble rabble rabble — but West is having none of it. He doesn’t care what the liberal media does to exacerbate and twist his words, and he doesn’t care who knows it:

“I don’t care about my critics,” Rep. Allen West (R-Fla) said about the response to his comments about slavery and liberal racism. “I understand that my country is at a very perilous situation and i’m going to use the type of words that are necessary to get the attention of the American people.”

“I want to make sure that the United States of America, that has been around for 236 years as the beacon of liberty, freedom and democracy, continues on for our subsequent generations. Our children and grandchildren. And I really don’t care about critics. I really don’t care about the liberal media,” West said.

So. Boss. Even if you don’t like what Rep. West has to say, it’s hard to help admiring the way he says it. He’s never screeching or whining — he’s always calm and measured when he’s laying out his case, and he refuses to be cowed by anyone. Sorry, but I’ll take perhaps-politically-unwise-but-straight-shootin’ real talk over carefully-planned-populist-pandering rhetoric any day of the week.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Onward and upward.

derecho on July 10, 2012 at 4:04 PM

If Mitt Romney and his entire campaign staff have 2 functional braincells amongst them all, Allen West will be Romney’s VP.

SWalker on July 10, 2012 at 4:05 PM

Won’t happen, but can you imagine the impact if West was tapped to be Romney’s running mate?

de rigueur on July 10, 2012 at 4:05 PM

NEver happen but he would be a fun VP.

joepub on July 10, 2012 at 4:06 PM

I don’t agree with him on everything.

But I sure do agree with him on this.

And I REALLY appreciate his candor.

KMC1 on July 10, 2012 at 4:06 PM

de rigueur on July 10, 2012 at 4:05 PM

Little Bammy would be cryin like a 4 year old little girl…

SWalker on July 10, 2012 at 4:06 PM

So, has there been an official announcement about MK Ham joining HA…?

d1carter on July 10, 2012 at 4:06 PM

You’d never hear Willy McDole or any of his campaign sound off with brass balls like this.

HondaV65 on July 10, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Even better than our own Scott Walker. Keep on marching over those pinheads, Colonel!!

Deano1952 on July 10, 2012 at 4:08 PM

So, has there been an official announcement about MK Ham joining HA…?

d1carter on July 10, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Not yet, but it is all the Twitter flitter…

SWalker on July 10, 2012 at 4:08 PM

My kind of man.

tdpwells on July 10, 2012 at 4:09 PM

It’s nice to know there’s still a few real men in this country.

Kataklysmic on July 10, 2012 at 4:09 PM

I’ve been answering Allen West for VP in Patrick Ismael’s polls for months. He never takes a wrong step for me.

vityas on July 10, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Now that’s a LEADER!

SMACKRUNNER on July 10, 2012 at 4:10 PM

VP WEST 2012!

Pork-Chop on July 10, 2012 at 4:10 PM

I can’t believe we don’t have this man as a candidate. Can you imagine Col. West and Sarah Palin on the ticket; I don’t care in what order. If only.

texanpride on July 10, 2012 at 4:10 PM

So Allen West merely repeats conservative talking points on “culture of dependency” which is just a re-hash of Moynihan’s “culture of poverty” rhetoric and its the new hotness? *yawn* The only reason West gives you a happy is that he is a black man saying these things. He’d be a two bit congressman otherwise.

libfreeordie on July 10, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Deano1952 on July 10, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Could you imagine having those two in charge? I’m not sure my heart could handle that much joy.

tdpwells on July 10, 2012 at 4:11 PM

Obama to West: What up Uncle Tom

West to Obama: How does this knuckle sandwich taste…

SWalker on July 10, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Col. West is a good man and a Great American. Romney needs him on the ticket, but I ain’t holdin’ my breath.

kingsjester on July 10, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Allen West is definitely the right choice for vice-president.

Therefore, it will never happen.

Shump on July 10, 2012 at 4:12 PM

libfreeordie on July 10, 2012 at 4:10 PM

You keep tellin’ yourself that, sweetheart.

tdpwells on July 10, 2012 at 4:12 PM

…he is a black man…

libfreeordie on July 10, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Why do you have a problem with black men?

CurtZHP on July 10, 2012 at 4:12 PM

libfreeordie on July 10, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Intimidated, perfesser?

kingsjester on July 10, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Heh…going all Jersey on ‘em. I like it.

NJ Red on July 10, 2012 at 4:12 PM

And, again, can anyone explain to me why it is acceptable to refer to welfare as slavery but unnacceptable to refer to it as a holocaust? Is that the point of conservatives constantly harping that people should “forget slavery?” So that they can befoul the memory of people who suffered through actual enslavement, who experienced the actual physical brutality and emotional damage in order to make a provocative political claim about food stamps? Its truly disgusting.

libfreeordie on July 10, 2012 at 4:13 PM

When you’re a black conservative, they can’t call you a racist…especially when you’re a colonel in the military. He must be driving liberals up the wall!

cajunpatriot on July 10, 2012 at 4:14 PM

So, has there been an official announcement about MK Ham joining HA…?

d1carter on July 10, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Is this a permanent gig? She subbed for AP(or was it Ed?) last year for a week, didn’t she?

Doughboy on July 10, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Allen West is precisely the kind of unashamed conservative that we need to punch through the liberal media.

pedestrian on July 10, 2012 at 4:14 PM

“see that’s where the true racism really lies governor is with the white liberals who don’t want to see someone such as myself that broke away from their dependency class…”

Governor? To which Governor or former Governor is West speaking?

Steve Z on July 10, 2012 at 4:14 PM

libfreeordie on July 10, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Eh, anyone who stands up and unapologetically says the following is going to be revered on our side regardless of color.

I really don’t care about critics. I really don’t care about the liberal media

Kataklysmic on July 10, 2012 at 4:14 PM

libfreeordie on July 10, 2012 at 4:10 PM

So…. you’re a racist? I mean, you devolve INSTANTLY to skin color. What other explanation is there?

I’ll wait.

Washington Nearsider on July 10, 2012 at 4:15 PM

West’s presence on the ticket would shatter the uniformity of the black vote.

I know there’s a lot more black conservatives than people think, but many of them will not support a white conservative over a black liberal, even though the black liberal has destroyed the quality of life they had gained under Clinton and even more GW.

West’s presence would force every black voter to make a real choice: stand on your own feet like me, or float along on Barky’s coattails. Don’t think you can float once you’ve left the plantation. In this economy, leaving the faux security of the plantation might take some real courage.

rwenger43 on July 10, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Lt. Colonel West…

… More please!

Seven Percent Solution on July 10, 2012 at 4:15 PM

…He’d be a two bit congressman otherwise.

libfreeordie on July 10, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Which means, then, you’re admitting he’s better than a two-bit Congressmen like those of any race on the Dem side.

Coolness!

Liam on July 10, 2012 at 4:16 PM

libfreeordie on July 10, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Kleenex?

kingsjester on July 10, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Meanwhile……………………..

Video, Transcript: Rep. Allen West Stands By ‘Slave’ Comments
12:51 pm ET July 10, 2012
*************************

canopfor on July 10, 2012 at 4:16 PM

libfreeordie on July 10, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Like our two bit state senator now sitting in the White House?

pedestrian on July 10, 2012 at 4:16 PM

I have admired his chutzpah for a few years now. My dream team
to clean up this country’s mess would be Palin/West.

Alas, as they say(Jack Nicholson did say it in a movie), Americans can’t handle the truth!

Could you imagine! The White House laying out everything they
do and plan on implementing concisely, bills posted online, The White House and Congress dialoguing with the people, trying to resolve issues in a sanely, no legalspeak, adhering to the constitution, balanced budget, waste done away with,corruption halted. The “NO BS” administration. A team that believes in
state rights and limited federal government.

My fantasy will never come true, however, I can still dream!

Amjean on July 10, 2012 at 4:16 PM

we need an army of Wests….to combat the hate.

here’s the latest hate from the left. It is interesting to see who is signing up to broadcast the hate:

According to a news release, The Message said it plans to use videos to “say things that Democrats are afraid to say, connect with young voters-many of whom are alienated by today’s political climate, and give smart and insightful voices an opportunity to contribute to the debate.

The group is directed by Razor & Tie co-founder Cliff Chenfeld, former Media Matters for America president Eric Burns, former AOL chief creative officer and co-founder of theknot.com Michael Wolfson, and former New York Times journalist Andrew Zipern. “The Message’s unique mix of entertainment experience, political and messaging savvy, online creativity and distribution expertise, and a journalist’s eye makes it the platform Democrats and progressives need to lift their voices above the Republicans and have a cultural conversation that molds this election cycle and beyond,” added the release

just satire, of course…lifting voices and all

r keller on July 10, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Mr. West amuses me no end. That said, I don’t think he is VP material.

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on July 10, 2012 at 4:17 PM

texanpride on July 10, 2012 at 4:10 PM

texanpride:Oh gawd,a Political Nuclear Combo!:)

canopfor on July 10, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Ah, yes, Alan West … voice of government who once told you, citizen, to shut your mouth and don’t criticize the government.

Alan West, who voted to raise the debt ceiling.

Good ol’ Alan. More of the same and fooling people who want to be fooled.

Dante on July 10, 2012 at 4:17 PM

I’ll wait.

Washington Nearsider on July 10, 2012 at 4:15 PM

You don’t understand the meaning of racism. Racism is not the act of saying “race influences x or y situation/opinion.” Which is what I’m doing when I argue that West’s fame within the conservative movement is principally due to his race.

libfreeordie on July 10, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Kataklysmic on July 10, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Clearly libfree hasn’t yet met Governor Christie……

tdpwells on July 10, 2012 at 4:18 PM

“So. Boss. Even if you don’t like what Rep. West has to say…”

Erika…

… Who’s Boss doesn’t like what Rep. West has to say?

Seven Percent Solution on July 10, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Why do you have a problem with black men?

CurtZHP on July 10, 2012 at 4:12 PM

He doesn’t have a problem with black men he just prefers to date white ones.

CorporatePiggy on July 10, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Well, this is good news:

Kudos: Fox News commentator Mary Katharine Ham joins Hot Air as editor-at-large

the new aesthetic on July 10, 2012 at 4:18 PM

libfreeordie on July 10, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Jealous?

kingsjester on July 10, 2012 at 4:19 PM

libfreeordie on July 10, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Chris Christie and Sarah Palin are black too?

pedestrian on July 10, 2012 at 4:19 PM

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)
REP. ALLEN WEST, R-FLA.: He does not want you to have the self- esteem of getting up and earning and having that title of American. He’d rather you be his slave and be economically dependent upon him.
====================================================================

True Dat!!

canopfor on July 10, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Like our two bit state senator now sitting in the White House?

pedestrian on July 10, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Any Democrat would have won in 2008. But there’s no question that a lot of people felt better about themselves because they were voting for the first black President. Duh….

libfreeordie on July 10, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Dante on July 10, 2012 at 4:17 PM

You are aware Dr. Paul dropped out, aren’t you?

kingsjester on July 10, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Well, this is good news:

Kudos: Fox News commentator Mary Katharine Ham joins Hot Air as editor-at-large

the new aesthetic on July 10, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Meh… She only did that so she could stalk me… ;p

SWalker on July 10, 2012 at 4:20 PM

libfreeordie on July 10, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Then explain the fervent cheering for Christie whenever he calls liberals on the carpet for their idiotic notions about fiscal/personal responsibility.

tdpwells on July 10, 2012 at 4:20 PM

the new aesthetic on July 10, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Hammertime! This election keeps getting better and better.

pedestrian on July 10, 2012 at 4:20 PM

tdpwells on July 10, 2012 at 4:20 PM

Oh, and also Scott Walker. Explain that as well.

tdpwells on July 10, 2012 at 4:20 PM

WEST: Well, I think when the American people see a plan for our economic security, they will react as the voters did in Wisconsin, and I think that that’s what we have to do.
==========================================

So,go’s the Nation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

canopfor on July 10, 2012 at 4:20 PM

This! I don’t know why so many of you think he’s not on the list of possible VPs.

txhsmom on July 10, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Dante on July 10, 2012 at 4:17 PM

You are aware Dr. Paul dropped out, aren’t you?

kingsjester on July 10, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Damn it, now you’ve done it, he’ll be desperately ransacking his mom’s kitchen for the next hour trying to figure out where she hid the tin-foil…

SWalker on July 10, 2012 at 4:22 PM

I think MKH becoming editor-at-large at Hot Gas is good enough of a reason to bring out the humpbot!

the new aesthetic on July 10, 2012 at 4:22 PM

The first real black man on a national ticket? Yeah, that would drive the democratics absolutely nuts.

He would work well as the attack-dog role of a VP candidate, but I don’t know if he will be seen as ready to step into the president’s shoes at a moment’s notice. Of course Joke Biden isn’t either, but the old media doesn’t much notice that.

slickwillie2001 on July 10, 2012 at 4:23 PM

SWalker on July 10, 2012 at 4:22 PM

I just figured that he hadn’t heard, and that’s why he was still around here, complaining about Lincoln.

kingsjester on July 10, 2012 at 4:23 PM

He’s not clean and articulate and nobody knows if he can affect a ‘negro dialect’.

/Harry Reid

CorporatePiggy on July 10, 2012 at 4:23 PM

One thing,I do like about Lt.Col.Allen West,
is,he is not afraid to speak his mind,tell
it like it is factually,

and takes it to the Left,on ways they do not want to
hear!!

canopfor on July 10, 2012 at 4:24 PM

libfreeordie on July 10, 2012 at 4:13 PM

American slavery ended in the 1860′s. Only Dems and liberals like yourself want to keep it “alive” to promote your careers and agendas!

Deano1952 on July 10, 2012 at 4:25 PM

Chris Christie and Sarah Palin are black too?

pedestrian on July 10, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Sarah Palin is a woman (some say an attractive woman, but you know chacon a son gout) that is a huge part of her appeal. Christie allows people to imagine what would happen if Rambo had eaten a ton of donuts and run for political office. Yes, any conservative star has *something* that makes them special, but this blog post is specifically in response to West’s “controversial” statement about social security and other forms of welfare as “slavery.”

Now look how Erika covered it. She could have very easily pointed out that all West said was basic conservative boilerplate. Turn on Rush Limbaugh in 1993 and you’d hear something very similar to what West said. But the “story” yesterday was that West said it…and he’s black! Which pissed off those liberals who equate blackness with liberalism (while not knowing many black people) and excited conservatives who have another (in a small stable) of black voices willing to make that offensive “blacks are on a Dem plantation” style arguments that they so enjoy making. So yes, the sturm and drang surrounding Allen West on both sides is related to his race. Pretending otherwise makes you look like a fool.

libfreeordie on July 10, 2012 at 4:25 PM

libfreeordie on July 10, 2012 at 4:17 PM

And your disdain for him is primarily because of his race. If he was white, you wouldn’t bat an eye, because he’d be just another conservative. But, because he’s wandered off the liberal plantation, he especially chaps your hide. After all, nobody invited you to this thread.

CurtZHP on July 10, 2012 at 4:25 PM

You are aware Dr. Paul dropped out, aren’t you?

kingsjester

Oooh but he still loves them! With all his heartsies~!

chimney sweep on July 10, 2012 at 4:25 PM

Dang it,should read (in ways),not (on ways)!

canopfor on July 10, 2012 at 4:25 PM

OT: WAT? Looks like 0bama’s ratcheting his war on Texas and Arizona even further!

Sekhmet on July 10, 2012 at 4:25 PM

libfreeordie on July 10, 2012 at 4:25 PM

You are jealous at the attention he’s getting, aren’t you?

kingsjester on July 10, 2012 at 4:26 PM

This is a man that has the courage to speak what he thinks. While I don’t always agree, I respect a man of principle that actually *horrors* says what he believes and not what he thinks everyone wants to hear. *cough* Boehner *cough*

search4truth on July 10, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Deano1952 on July 10, 2012 at 4:25 PM

I have no interest in keeping slavery alive. What I find offensive is the casual use of slave imagery and rhetoric to describe contemporary politics. It should offend anyone who’s familiar with what enslavement was actually like for black people in this country, as well as British/French Carribean, Spanish and Portuguese colonies. But again, if we “forget” what slavery was it becomes easy to call it up in contemporary political arguments. And what’s really offensive is that in calling up images of “slavery” and “the plantation” conservatives are conceding that these things were horrible, and then in the same breath devalue them by comparing them to contemporary political disagreements. If you have any moral center, it should offend you.

libfreeordie on July 10, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Years ago, Bob Filner a local wack job congressman from the San Diego area (now running for our mayor- oh g-d)was on a local talk show. He flipped out when I likened many social program promoted by democrats as being no different than a pusher dealing heroin. Both want you addicted to their stuff so you can’t function without them. He hung up on the interview w/ the host.

I agree with Allen West.. democrats want Amercians to be slaves to the democratic policies that addict to their programs thus always vote to sustain the addiction

theblacksheepwasright on July 10, 2012 at 4:28 PM

In a parallel universe…

Allen West is not Mitt Romney’s VP choice.

He’s Sarah Palin’s VP choice.

Unfortunately, that’s not the ticket.

If smart and bold, Romney should choose West. The only question is, would West choose Romney? Doubtful, methinks.

IndieDogg on July 10, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Lt. Colonel West…

… More please!

Seven Percent Solution on July 10, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Seven Percent Solution:)

*********************** Hooaahh *******************************!!

canopfor on July 10, 2012 at 4:29 PM

libfreeordie on July 10, 2012 at 4:28 PM

The Liberals are the ones who brought up slavery as a political tool to begin with, in an effort to win Black votes, you sanctimonious hypocrite.

kingsjester on July 10, 2012 at 4:30 PM

libfreeordie on July 10, 2012 at 4:17 PM

You don’t understand the man. It has nothing to do with race. It has everything to do with his service to this country, his character, his principles, and living them.

He is a man who said he’d run thru hell with gasoline cans if it would save his men while in Iraq.

Race? Get real.

VietVet_Dave on July 10, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Be honest please. I have criticized conservative usage of slave-imagery in contemporary political debates on numerous threads on Hot Air and primarily used it against other posters (perhaps you are all non-white, who knows). That issue, regardless of who does it is one of my major pet peeves about conservatives (and the greatest evidence that you all don’t actually care about ever winning over a significant chunk of black citizens) and I’ve said so numerous times. But now, because West has said it, and West is black its a main page topic on Hot Air. Which sort of proves my point.

libfreeordie on July 10, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Liberals are Raaaaaaaaccccccist for thinking he’s about a huge moron. But gosh he sure is a complete moron huh.

I know I’m their #1 target and it just emboldens me to speak out even stronger

Dude, liberals are loving you. Keep it up and Barry has Fla by 5.

Real talk-R Kelly hates all of you btw.

tommyhawk on July 10, 2012 at 4:30 PM

keep shooting from the hip and not the teleprompter, its the difference between speaking the truth from the heart or deceptive lies

burserker on July 10, 2012 at 4:31 PM

libfreeordie on July 10, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Good job proving Deano’s point.

CurtZHP on July 10, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Dude, liberals are loving you. Keep it up and Barry has Fla by 5.

Real talk-R Kelly hates all of you btw.

tommyhawk on July 10, 2012 at 4:30 PM

But he likes teeny-boppers.

Put down the pipe, kid.

kingsjester on July 10, 2012 at 4:31 PM

IndieDogg on July 10, 2012 at 4:28 PM

IndieDogg:Yup,I think,a much better fit is,

Palin/West!!!!

canopfor on July 10, 2012 at 4:32 PM

libfreeordie on July 10, 2012 at 4:28 PM

What offends me is people like you walling off certain words from usage by anyone but yourself.

Liberals never seem to have a problem using Nazi imagery and words to describe Republicans and conservative policies.

rockmom on July 10, 2012 at 4:32 PM

libfreeordie on July 10, 2012 at 4:25 PM

Sexism, fat-shaming, and racism all in one reply. Well done, you. A veritable trifecta of liberalism.

tdpwells on July 10, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Good job proving Deano’s point.

CurtZHP on July 10, 2012 at 4:31 PM

LOL! If that’s what you think that sentence does you need to go back to remedial reading comprehension my dear.

libfreeordie on July 10, 2012 at 4:33 PM

You don’t understand the meaning of racism. Racism is not…

libfreeordie on July 10, 2012 at 4:17 PM

More racism. The idea that only liberals or black liberals get to define what “racism” is as racist as it gets. Not even an “idea.” Pure racist propaganda.

de rigueur on July 10, 2012 at 4:33 PM

tommyhawk on July 10, 2012 at 4:30 PM

What language was this written in? Pennsylvania Dutch?

strictnein on July 10, 2012 at 4:33 PM

libfreeordie on July 10, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Not the first time he’s been featured on HotAir. You knew that when you got here. You’re angry because he’s left your bigoted leftist plantation where he’d be expected to be nothing more than a cog in a monolithic vote generating machine.

CurtZHP on July 10, 2012 at 4:34 PM

rockmom on July 10, 2012 at 4:32 PM

Not all liberals do that. But those that do should be ashamed of themselves. If you disagree with the use of Nazi imagery why *don’t* you disagree with the use of slavery imagery?

libfreeordie on July 10, 2012 at 4:34 PM

libfreeordie on July 10, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Wrong-o.

West’s fame within the conservative mainstream is principally due to his courage. Now if you want to suggest that his courage is remarkable principally due to his race, then you’ve opened a new topic of discourse. And you’d have to explain why libs of any ethnicity lack courage.

But you won’t do that, because you also lack courage. It’s a liberal thing, not a black/white thing.

rwenger43 on July 10, 2012 at 4:34 PM

So [Barack Obama] merely repeats [liberal/socialist] talking points on [“fairness”] which is just a re-hash of [Marxist] rhetoric and its the new hotness? *yawn* The only reason [Obama] gives you a happy is that he is a black man saying these things. He’d be a two bit [state senator] otherwise.

libfreeordie on July 10, 2012 at 4:10 PM

FIFY.

Nutstuyu on July 10, 2012 at 4:34 PM

libfreeordie on July 10, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Because freedom from slavery is assuming responsibility for taking the risk of providing for yourself.

“Slaves” is probably too harsh a term. “Serfs” would be a better comparison.

Liberals desire for serfs to work their means of production, confiscating their output, under the guise of providing for their needs and distributing excess “fairly”. This is economic slavery (serfdom).

You fixate too much on the carnal aspect of past slavery, and not enough on the serf/master dependency relationship and confiscation of production output.

dominigan on July 10, 2012 at 4:34 PM

What language was this written in? Pennsylvania Dutch?

strictnein on July 10, 2012 at 4:33 PM

It was writen in Mom’s Basement.

kingsjester on July 10, 2012 at 4:35 PM

No need to apologize. I agree and still would love to see him as the VP choice.

Yakko77 on July 10, 2012 at 4:36 PM

libfreeordie on July 10, 2012 at 4:28 PM

You must have been really riled up from 2001 to 2008 with all that Nazi and Hitler rhetoric then, right?

strictnein on July 10, 2012 at 4:36 PM

de rigueur on July 10, 2012 at 4:33 PM

You don’t think there’s any need to distinguish between these two statements:

1. I believe x or y race is inferior/superior to others.

2. Centuries of anti-black stereotypes continue to influence how many Americans (of all races, including black people) respond to African Americans.

No matter what you think about those two statements, they are doing two fundamentally different things. Yet you would have us believe that both are “racism” Uh, OK.

libfreeordie on July 10, 2012 at 4:37 PM