Quotes of the day

posted at 10:43 pm on July 10, 2012 by Allahpundit

“They [Romney] will lose if they let the other side turn him into a caricature.”…

Romney’s problem isn’t just that people don’t know enough specifics about his policies, they don’t know enough about him as a person. When choosing their president, voters want more than a resume, says Devine. They want to take a real measure of the man.

Devine suggests an ad that features Romney speaking directly to camera.

“People need to look him in the eye,” he said.

***

Romney won the GOP nomination on a very tactical level. He out-fundraised, out-organized, and outmaneuvered his rivals. But even then, his story was never told. All the messaging seemed to be oriented toward selling him as the most conservative person on the planet. Now it’s just about the economy, not about him. Every week, usually on Friday, the Romney campaign launches a new ad, but these never sell him.

In the old days of politics, one of the first stages of campaign advertising was to introduce the candidate to the voters, to build the candidate up as someone worthy of the responsibilities of the job, and to create a real connection between the voters and the candidate. It’s hard to find the kind of advertising these days that makes someone say to themselves, “Wow, what an impressive person. We would be lucky to have them as our leader!” One campaign that did was Obama’s in 2008. Four years ago, Obama connected with voters on a personal level, and he won. Sure, voters were in the mood for change, the economy was awful, and Obama had more money. But he did connect on a personal level.

It isn’t clear when the Romney campaign plans to introduce its candidate to the voters, to have his sons talk about their Dad, or to have Ann Romney talk about her husband. Maybe they plan to hold off until the convention. But if I were running, every day that undecided and independent voters in swing states were getting pounded with ads portraying me as an awful person, I’d think I would want some testimony to contradict it. I’d want to have someone telling those voters what kind of person I am and why I am worthy of their support. But what do I know?

***

Despite the fact that Obama has had a pretty miserable couple of months, he has still driven the debate, and has generally maintained a slight lead in the polls (including in most of the swing states). And during that time, whether the conversation has been the Buffett Rule or the DREAM Act or extending the Bush tax cuts for everyone making less than $250,000 — Obama has defined the turf.

Even in the rare instances where conservatives have been on offense, Romney was mostly just capitalizing on gaffes (Hilary Rosen). In some cases, it was the work of third parties (such as Jim Treacher discovering a young Obama dined on man’s best friend) that turned the tide. (In fairness, Obama has the bully pulpit and much of the media, so it’s not a fair fight.) Still, this question is worth asking: If Obama is still winning now, after getting off to a rough start, why should anyone expect things to change in, say, October…

Mitt Romney has to make a choice. The rope-a-dope might work for a while, but at some point, he has to take off the gloves and deliver the metaphorical knock-out punch. No matter how much the Obama campaign may flounder, Romney’s not going to become president by default.

***

“We shouldn’t be listening to political consultants whispering in our ears, ‘Say as little as possible,’ we shouldn’t be listening to those voices that say, ‘Just use the party doctrine and don’t stray.’ We should be telling people how we think and how we feel and let them judge us up or down. [...] You can’t lead by being a mystery. You can’t lead by being an enigma. You can’t lead by being aloof. You can’t lead by being programmed. I think you have to lead by being yourself and who you are and then people will trust you. And when they trust you, they will follow you.”

***

***

***

We find ourselves in a unique situation here. We don’t have the ideal nominee. There wasn’t the ideal nominee this time around. But we do know something that trumps everything else and that is this administration must be dispatched on Election Day. We have to get rid of it. Regardless what Romney is, if Romney is less than a Reagan — of course, everyone is — if Romney is just somebody to occupy the Oval Office for four years while we put a stop to what’s going on and try to reverse the direction of the country, it’s all gonna boil down to us. (interruption) What are you saying? What’s your reaction? No, it’s not McCain, but my point is we conservatives do not have a Ronald Reagan running here. I don’t want that to make people feel negative about what our prospects are…

We’re in a single elimination tournament, so to speak, one-and-done. A Republican loss in the House or the Senate or the presidency is game, set, and match.

We have to win all three, and then after that, we have to do the right things with the new power that we will have been entrusted with, or I should say they have to because we aren’t gonna be there. If we lose the House, it’s over. If we lose the Senate, it’s over. If we lose the presidency it’s over for the economy and for individual freedom. But the reality is, the truth is that the country is poised for a sweep of the series. A Scott Walker, Tea Party-style campaign is what likely voters want.

Via the Daily Rushbo.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Good Night angrymike, Sleep Well. I will work on Kool.

Bmore on July 11, 2012 at 12:51 AM

OmahaConservative on July 11, 2012 at 12:43 AM

Grass growers for Gary Johnson 2012!..:)

Dire Straits on July 11, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Nope, I’m still in Florida, I have some stuff to get done. I would love to meet in late Oct. early November. I have katy’s email. I haven’t seen her lately either but she doesn’t comment a lot but when she does, they sting.

Cindy Munford on July 11, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Cool, let me know if y’all do. Would be fun.
Bmore has my email. We can figure out something.
Yes, Katy has a quick tongue. lol
I go to Jax on Business sometimes. I can meet y’all half way or wherever. Gotta get Flora too. Be fun I think.

bazil9 on July 11, 2012 at 12:51 AM

so I’ll be voting for Gary Johnson in November and hope that anybody else who still has any principles left in their spine to join me.

FloatingRock on July 11, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Is it principled to cast a protest vote in an election of this importance? I’m no Mitt-bott, but I want O, the Destroyer in Chief, OUT of office. Yes, I will be casting my PRINCIPLED vote for our only chance this year to give O the boot.

4Grace on July 11, 2012 at 12:52 AM

They burned a lot of things. But I’m talking about wonders of the world type stuff.

Igor R. on July 11, 2012 at 12:46 AM

The Temple of Artemis was one of 7 Wonders of the Ancient World. It was up there near Ephesus. Herostratus’ burned it, but I have no idea who he was.

Link.

JPeterman on July 11, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Grass growers for Gary Johnson 2012!..:)

Dire Straits on July 11, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Big tent, don’t forget bong makers. ; )

Bmore on July 11, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Bizarro No. 1 on July 11, 2012 at 12:15 AM

George Clinton/Funkadelic and Kenny Rogers. You have broad taste.

bayview on July 11, 2012 at 12:53 AM

My family is Greek, I have read the history about the Hagia Sophia and Black Tuesday. So much has been lost and will continue.
These people love destruction. Beyond Sad.

bazil9 on July 11, 2012 at 12:43 AM

The history of the fall of Constantinople is something everyone should familiarize themselves with. And now they are active again trying to turn Hagia Sophia back into a mosque. These animals never stop, that’s why what is needed is animal control.

Igor R. on July 11, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Which head? The limp one hang’n from his neck or from between his legs? I wasnt sure.

bazil9 on July 11, 2012 at 12:46 AM

…I don’t think it even HAS a BOYARDEE noodle!

KOOLAID2 on July 11, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Big tent, don’t forget bong makers. ; )

Bmore on July 11, 2012 at 12:52 AM

ROFL

4Grace on July 11, 2012 at 12:55 AM

FloatingRock on July 11, 2012 at 12:46 AM

As I said earlier, we already have a Johnson in the WH- we dont need another.

bazil9 on July 11, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Bmore on July 11, 2012 at 12:49 AM

I’d try to meet you but I don’t know when we are going. The youngest boy wonder is getting a tooth pulled tomorrow and we are awaiting a package. We are stopping to visit Mrs. Hawk on the way up.

Cindy Munford on July 11, 2012 at 12:55 AM

4Grace on July 11, 2012 at 12:52 AM

+100

AZfederalist on July 11, 2012 at 12:56 AM

minnesoter on July 11, 2012 at 12:22 AM

I think everyone would be appalled but how could we go to war, it’s their country?

Cindy Munford on July 11, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Egypt has been a sovereign, UN-recognized, state since 1952. The Egypt of the Pharaoh’s world had a rather wider geographical boundary than the Egypt of today. The ancient ruins are under Egyptian stewardship. But if the day ever came that Egyptian muzzie radicals decided for themselves to destroy those artifacts, it would be right and proper for outside forces (namely the USA) powerful enough to halt them, to do so.

God, it’s almost midnight. Where does the time go? I have to get up at six.

minnesoter on July 11, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Link.

JPeterman on July 11, 2012 at 12:52 AM

He was Greek.

“Herostratus (Ancient Greek: Ἡρόστρατος) was a young man and arsonist; seeking notoriety, he burned down the Temple of Artemis in ancient Greece. On July 21, 356 BC, Herostratus set fire to the Temple of Artemis at Ephesus in what is now Turkey. The temple was constructed of marble and was built by King Croesus of Lydia to replace an older site destroyed during a flood, and it honoured a local goddess, conflated by the Greeks with Artemis, their goddess of the hunt, the wild, and childbirth. Measuring 130 metres long (426.5 feet) and supported by columns 18 metres high (60 feet), it was one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World.”

Igor R. on July 11, 2012 at 12:56 AM

bazil9 on July 11, 2012 at 12:51 AM

b, Cindy knows where the little place in the forrest is also. ; )

Bmore on July 11, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Is it principled to cast a protest vote in an election of this importance?

4Grace on July 11, 2012 at 12:52 AM

It’s not a protest vote, I believe Gary Johnson will be the next President of the United States. And even if it does turn out to be a protest vote, it’s a protest against Obama and Romney both, so it doesn’t change anything. For people my age Obama and Romney both represent the same thing, our own demise.

FloatingRock on July 11, 2012 at 12:57 AM

That wouldn’t stop them. They get off on being victims and dying for the cause.

sharrukin on July 11, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Then I vote for Cindy’s idea and use that bomb that kills all the people but leaves the stuff. It doesn’t seem that these people have many, if any, redeeming qualities anyway.

Night Owl on July 11, 2012 at 12:58 AM

bazil9 on July 11, 2012 at 12:51 AM

I think katy is down south and we will want to get with Key West Reader, and some gentlemen HotAirians from Florida. Some folks outside of the state said they would like too come also.

Cindy Munford on July 11, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Igor R. on July 11, 2012 at 12:53 AM

My heritage is part Greek and I have studied the history, which is fascinating. My Grandfather taught me a lot.
The history is important as it repeats itself. Your right, centuries and these animals never change.
I have no hope for the middle east.

bazil9 on July 11, 2012 at 12:59 AM

bazil9 on July 11, 2012 at 12:46 AM

…I don’t think it even HAS a BOYARDEE noodle!

KOOLAID2 on July 11, 2012 at 12:54 AM

This is the best you geezers can come up with?

minnesoter on July 11, 2012 at 12:59 AM

minnesoter on July 11, 2012 at 12:56 AM

I just don’t know if they would give any warning.

Cindy Munford on July 11, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Try it on a bar stool.

RickB on July 11, 2012 at 12:46 AM

LMFAO!

bazil9 on July 11, 2012 at 12:48 AM

For comfort try a Lazy-Boy.

RickB on July 11, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Igor R. on July 11, 2012 at 12:53 AM

I have no hope for the middle east.

bazil9 on July 11, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Soon Egypt will be running out of food. There may be a lesson there, but a lot of people some of them of the non-animal kind will get hurt in the process.

Igor R. on July 11, 2012 at 1:02 AM

FloatingRock on July 11, 2012 at 12:57 AM

What age is that? Old enough to shave? Look, pal—in order for a third party to gain traction, one party or another has to kick the bucket first. Not gonna happen in time for this election. This means ya have to choose between one party or the other to actually win.

Sekhmet on July 11, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Igor R. on July 11, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Thanks. And I have never heard about the fall of Constantinople, but I just found a book about it. My ignorance of history is pathetic.

JPeterman on July 11, 2012 at 1:02 AM

minnesoter

…fart

KOOLAID2 on July 11, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Night Owl on July 11, 2012 at 12:58 AM

A lot of people are starting to have those kinds of dark thoughts. The Muslims aren’t going out of their way to win any friends these days.

sharrukin on July 11, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Cindy Munford on July 11, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Yeah, she is S east coast. I am central, so I can pivot anyway you all decide.
Maybe I can get Mr B to come with his better half. She has been pining for some sand. ;)
It would be a great time-just let me know.

bazil9 on July 11, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Cindy Munford on July 11, 2012 at 12:59 AM

If I came down there for the get together, could I still be called Bmore? Or would I have to ID my self? I’d come down if I could just be Bmore.

Bmore on July 11, 2012 at 1:05 AM

FloatingRock on July 11, 2012 at 12:57 AM

No, not for “people of your age.” Only a small percentage of those people believe as you do. If that’s your “principled” belief, then have at it. You’re entitled. I’m a realist and I understand that the ONLY realistic hope of dethroning Obama is to cast a vote for Romney.

4Grace on July 11, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Isn’t it the Neutron bomb that wipes out people but leaves the landscape basically intact?

Cindy Munford on July 11, 2012 at 12:38 AM

lol nice one, Cindy.

We Got The Neutron Bomb

These songs by them are better than that one, imo. The video for this is excellent! Helium Bar

You can tell here that they listened to “I Wanna Be Sedated” before they wrote it.

Happy People

Bizarro No. 1 on July 11, 2012 at 1:06 AM

JPeterman on July 11, 2012 at 1:02 AM

That’s OK. History is truly endless, especially if you want to get into details. I learn something just about every day, but it’s like a drop in the ocean. The hardest thing is generalizing with limited knowledge.

Igor R. on July 11, 2012 at 1:06 AM

This means ya have to choose between one party or the other to actually win.

Sekhmet on July 11, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Perhaps you are some sort of programmed robot, pal, that is only capable of making a binary choice, but I am a free man and I’ll be choosing the best candidate of three.

FloatingRock on July 11, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Someone is making many violent innuendo’s.

Don’t make me bayonet you.

minnesoter on July 11, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Hey! Pipe down or I’ll put you in the box.

minnesoter on July 11, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Time to baker act.

bazil9 on July 11, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Democrat.

minnesoter on July 11, 2012 at 1:06 AM

minnesoter

…fart

KOOLAID2 on July 11, 2012 at 1:02 AM

…oops sorry!

This is the best you geezers can come up with?

minnesoter on July 11, 2012 at 12:59 AM

punk fart!

KOOLAID2 on July 11, 2012 at 1:07 AM

the non-animal kind will get hurt in the process.

Igor R. on July 11, 2012 at 1:02 AM

The heart breaking thing..around the world. Not just there.
The animals have the control.

bazil9 on July 11, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Bmore on July 11, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Deal, you can be Bmore and I’ll, oddly enough, be Cindy Munford.

Cindy Munford on July 11, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Big tent, don’t forget bong makers. ; )

Bmore on July 11, 2012 at 12:52 AM

LoLz..:)

Dire Straits on July 11, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Cindy Munford on July 11, 2012 at 12:38 AM

lol nice one, Cindy.

We Got The Neutron Bomb

You can tell here that they listened to “I Wanna Be Sedated”.

Happy People

Bizarro No. 1 on July 11, 2012 at 1:08 AM

…fart

KOOLAID2 on July 11, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Brilliant!

minnesoter on July 11, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Bmore on July 11, 2012 at 1:05 AM

The Florida sun would change you into Burnedmore…

Gohawgs on July 11, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Bmore on July 11, 2012 at 1:05 AM

You will always be Bmore to me..no matter what your real name is.
;)

bazil9 on July 11, 2012 at 1:09 AM

…punk fart!

KOOLAID2 on July 11, 2012 at 1:07 AM

I think its working, you are keeping him up way past his bedtime. ; )

Bmore on July 11, 2012 at 1:09 AM

My ignorance of history is pathetic.

JPeterman on July 11, 2012 at 1:02 AM

I strongly disagree, JP. HA readers have learned much from you.

4Grace on July 11, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Gohawgs on July 11, 2012 at 1:08 AM

LOL, I will give him some 100% spf block and a hat.

bazil9 on July 11, 2012 at 1:10 AM

The Florida sun would change you into Burnedmore…

Gohawgs on July 11, 2012 at 1:08 AM

I know, I burn easy. I used to go to Aruba a good bit. Talk about burn. Ouch!

Bmore on July 11, 2012 at 1:10 AM

minnesoter

…fart

KOOLAID2 on July 11, 2012 at 1:02 AM

…oops sorry!

This is the best you geezers can come up with?

minnesoter on July 11, 2012 at 12:59 AM

…punk fart!

KOOLAID2 on July 11, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Try not to wet yourself.

minnesoter on July 11, 2012 at 1:10 AM

FloatingRock on July 11, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Why limit yourself to being trinary? I’m sure that are others “running”, too…

Gohawgs on July 11, 2012 at 1:10 AM

The heart breaking thing..around the world. Not just there.
The animals have the control.

bazil9 on July 11, 2012 at 1:07 AM

You mix political correctness on one side with total ruthlessness and dedication on the other and that’s what you get. They are finally trying to control them in Holland, but France (maybe) and especially England look like they have permanently gone to the dark side of dhimmitude.

Igor R. on July 11, 2012 at 1:11 AM

My ignorance of history is pathetic.

JPeterman on July 11, 2012 at 1:02 AM

I strongly disagree, JP. HA readers have learned much from you.

4Grace on July 11, 2012 at 1:09 AM

I agree Gracie. J, you have a great grasp and experience. Not ignorant in the least. I like to hear your opinions.

bazil9 on July 11, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Deal, you can be Bmore and I’ll, oddly enough, be Cindy Munford.

Cindy Munford on July 11, 2012 at 1:07 AM

LOL! One of the things I have always admired about you. Fearless. ; )

Bmore on July 11, 2012 at 1:12 AM

…punk fart!

KOOLAID2 on July 11, 2012 at 1:07 AM

I think its working, you are keeping him up way past his bedtime. ; )

Bmore on July 11, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Ha! :-D You’re right. It is fun, though.

minnesoter on July 11, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Igor R. on July 11, 2012 at 1:11 AM

I have noticed from my readings.
A good friend of mine takes care of his elderly mother’s home in Norway..they have a prob there too. According to what he tells me.
They have spread out far and wide. By design.

bazil9 on July 11, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Good night pud.. Oops. I mean, boys and girls.

minnesoter on July 11, 2012 at 12:17 AM

God, it’s almost midnight. Where does the time go? I have to get up at six.

minnesoter on July 11, 2012 at 12:56 AM

…yep!…another one!…must be Dr.T’s significant other.

KOOLAID2 on July 11, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Bizarro No. 1 on July 11, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Sometimes I just have to ask, “Where was I?”. I must of been deeply immersed in young motherhood.

Cindy Munford on July 11, 2012 at 1:16 AM

GW Bush became Establishment in his second term he immediately lost us the House. He worked with Nancy Poloski and spending really shot through the roof. Then we lost everything by huge numbers.

Now here we have Mitt. Mitt is not even pretending anymore to be as conservative as GW was in his second term. It will prove an even bigger disaster if Mitt wins. Come 2016 Everyone will be saying what Republican Party. You mean the Tea Party right. The Republicans went the way of the Wigs.

It is not like the Press will not use Mitt to completely destroy the Republican Name. They will and Mitt will make it far easier for them than GW Bush did.

Wake up there actually are worse things than Obama in 2012. There is a Democrat House and Senate in 2014.

Steveangell on July 11, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Bmore on July 11, 2012 at 1:12 AM

No, stupid.

Cindy Munford on July 11, 2012 at 1:17 AM

George Clinton/Funkadelic and Kenny Rogers. You have broad taste.

bayview on July 11, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Is this kind of broad enough?

Queen – “Fat Bottomed Girls”

The B-side of that single – great song & video!

Bicycle Race

Bizarro No. 1 on July 11, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Try not to wet yourself.

minnesoter on July 11, 2012 at 1:10 AM

…oh!…you’ve been on DWS’s hair?

KOOLAID2 on July 11, 2012 at 1:17 AM

I have noticed from my readings.
They have spread out far and wide. By design.

bazil9 on July 11, 2012 at 1:14 AM

They are just not as numerous in Scandinavia so if the native population wakes up there is time. At the moment close to 100% of rapes in Scandinavia are by the animals.

England is gone for sure, and that’s a big loss for the Western Civilization. Holland is a big test case, they are trying to fight but the animals are a substantial portion of the population and heavily concentrated in several cities. They are also keeping one parliamentarian under constant, 24/7 police protection living in a safe house for criticizing the animals.

Igor R. on July 11, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Try not to wet yourself.

minnesoter on July 11, 2012 at 1:10 AM

…oh!…you’ve been on DWS’s hair?…(getting tired)…forgot to tell you it’s time for you to go to mom’s basement and wet the bed.

KOOLAID2 on July 11, 2012 at 1:20 AM

For comfort try a Lazy-Boy.

RickB on July 11, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Ha!
I learn something crazy here every time I come to qotd.

I gotta tell angry mike to watch out for those to- or he will be running them down in his 4×4. ;)

bazil9 on July 11, 2012 at 1:20 AM

They have spread out far and wide. By design.

bazil9 on July 11, 2012 at 1:14 AM

“By design” is correct. High birth rate, high migration rate, build up a presence in a country, then go about demanding “protections.” Sharia law in their communities, leniency from airline security, whatever. It’s planned and it’s insidious.

4Grace on July 11, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Steveangell on July 11, 2012 at 1:17 AM

You are full of sh*t.

Igor R. on July 11, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Uh, I think Romney is punching away and will continue to do so. So the premise is false. But even if he did just stand up there smiling like an incredibly successful CEO, I think he would indeed defeat the-worst-president-ever by “default” — not that he’s doing that; on the contrary, he has been running a methodical campaign from the get-go.

minnesoter on July 11, 2012 at 1:22 AM

FloatingRock on July 11, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Ah, the dewey eyed optimism of the youth. Hate to break it to you but he will be lucky to get 0.5% of the vote.

karenhasfreedom on July 11, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Steveangell on July 11, 2012 at 1:17 AM

The fact that you would even type that first sentence tells me all I need to know. There is no reasoning with someone who thinks as you do.

4Grace on July 11, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Bizarro No. 1 on July 11, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Nice tunes!..:)

Dire Straits on July 11, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Try not to wet yourself.

minnesoter on July 11, 2012 at 1:10 AM

…oh!…you’ve been on DWS’s hair?

KOOLAID2 on July 11, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Sorry, I’m not one of the kool kids. I have no idea what you’re jabbering about.

minnesoter on July 11, 2012 at 1:24 AM

bazil9 on July 11, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Thanks,but I feel totally lost when it comes to most historical events because it just wasn’t taught where I came from. When it was determined that I had a knack with language skills and the ability to draw, most other doors were closed to me except basic math skills, and a little science here and there.

JPeterman on July 11, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Okay, I’m tired. Goodnight everyone, sweet dreams.

Cindy Munford on July 11, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Bizarro No. 1 on July 11, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Queen!!..Now we are talkig!!..:)

Dire Straits on July 11, 2012 at 1:25 AM

4Grace on July 11, 2012 at 1:21 AM

It’s not just their “design”. A lot of Eurocrats are now accusing even England of violating “laws of humanity” or whatever for trying to have any sort of non-open borders and not accepting every animal that comes along. Not very different from what O has been doing esp. in the last month by his decrees and today clothing border stations in Texas.

Igor R. on July 11, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Igor R. on July 11, 2012 at 1:20 AM

So I have read..re: Holland,England and France.
They are like bacteria.

Maj Hassan should have been a wake up call for us. I hope it was. The PC garbage will land us in the same place one day. I pray not.

bazil9 on July 11, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Queen – “Fat Bottomed Girls”

Bizarro No. 1 on July 11, 2012 at 1:17 AM

The gang from The View played that song when Hillary walked on.

bayview on July 11, 2012 at 1:26 AM

4Grace on July 11, 2012 at 1:24 AM

+ 100..”kook” territory for sure!..:)

Dire Straits on July 11, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Good Night Cindy, Pleasant Dreams.

Bmore on July 11, 2012 at 1:27 AM

JPeterman on July 11, 2012 at 1:25 AM

History is so interesting that at least you will enjoy filling in the blanks.

Cindy Munford on July 11, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Bizarro No. 1 on July 11, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Queen!!..Now we are talking!!..:)

Dire Straits on July 11, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Fixed..:)

Dire Straits on July 11, 2012 at 1:27 AM

karenhasfreedom on July 11, 2012 at 1:24 AM

He may get up to 4 and has some statistical chance of giving the election to Obama.

Igor R. on July 11, 2012 at 1:27 AM

If anyone here, especially country music fans from TX, needs more reason to dislike minnesoter, I want to tell y’all he told me that he thinks of these songs anytime TX and/or country music is mentioned – I swear to 0bamessiah that I’m speaking the truth! :)

Texas Funeral

Mr. Egyption

Bizarro No. 1 on July 11, 2012 at 1:28 AM

You are full of sh*t.

Igor R. on July 11, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Talk about getting back into the swing of things quickly. LOL!

Bmore on July 11, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Night, Cindy!

4Grace on July 11, 2012 at 1:29 AM

4Grace on July 11, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Thats my take- you nailed it.

The man I spoke of earlier and his mothers home in Norway-tried to explain this to me years ago when I was in my early 20′s. At the time-I had no idea what he was talking about.
You laid it out Gracie.

bazil9 on July 11, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Sweet dreams Cindy!

bazil9 on July 11, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Igor R. on July 11, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Doubt Johnson can break two.

bayview on July 11, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Bizarro No. 1 on July 11, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Another very famous “B” side hit!..:)

Dire Straits on July 11, 2012 at 1:31 AM

History is so interesting that at least you will enjoy filling in the blanks.

Cindy Munford on July 11, 2012 at 1:27 AM

I will be at it until I’m dead.

Good night Ms.Munford.

JPeterman on July 11, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Igor R. on July 11, 2012 at 1:25 AM

This. And this is by design as well. La Raza baby!!!

bazil9 on July 11, 2012 at 1:32 AM

So I have read..re: Holland,England and France.
They are like bacteria.

bazil9 on July 11, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Maj. Hassan has not been a wake up call with Obozo in the White House. The slow pace of his case has been truly pathetic. The FBI has purged all anti-animal materials from their training. The animals have also penetrated the conservative movement. Grover Norquist who is great on taxes, is an animal apologist and fifth columnist of the first order. To a lesser degree so is Chris Christie, and to some degree so is Karl Rove. The animals buy everybody with Saudi cash.

Igor R. on July 11, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Ha!
I learn something crazy here every time I come to qotd.

bazil9 on July 11, 2012 at 1:20 AM

When in Texas don’t try it on a horse.

RickB on July 11, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Talk about getting back into the swing of things quickly. LOL!

Bmore on July 11, 2012 at 1:29 AM

It’s like riding a bike! :)

Igor R. on July 11, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Igor R. on July 11, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Wha???? Sorry, been out most of the day and evening. Do you have a link to that? I need to read that.

4Grace on July 11, 2012 at 1:34 AM

Goodnight, AllahP. Thank you for the updates to this less-than-useless attempt to get Romney to see things your way. Nighty night, puddin’ cups. Thanks for the wisdom, as usual.

minnesoter on July 11, 2012 at 1:34 AM

Doubt Johnson can break two.

bayview on July 11, 2012 at 1:30 AM

You are probably right, but I saw a poll to this effect today.

Igor R. on July 11, 2012 at 1:35 AM

Why limit yourself to being trinary? I’m sure that are others “running”, too…

Gohawgs on July 11, 2012 at 1:10 AM

The only three that I’m familiar with that will be on every ballot in November are Gary Johnson and the two tax hiking statists.

FloatingRock on July 11, 2012 at 1:36 AM

JPeterman on July 11, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Just because you were not “taught at an early age” does not mean you still cannot learn and you have. Your passion is clear.
You also have lived some experiences that we have not..only read about. That is valuable. I appreciate it. Dont be hard on yourself. You probably know more then 60% of this country as far as history goes.

bazil9 on July 11, 2012 at 1:36 AM

4Grace on July 11, 2012 at 1:34 AM

Igor R. on July 11, 2012 at 1:38 AM

4Grace on July 11, 2012 at 1:34 AM

Here you go. HA has been a little slow lately.

Report: Obama Regime Set to Close Nine Border Patrol Stations Across Four States

JPeterman on July 11, 2012 at 1:38 AM