Noted monitor of tax returns releases no tax returns

posted at 9:21 am on July 10, 2012 by Jazz Shaw

Democrats believe they’ve found a tasty bone to gnaw on in terms of Mitt Romney not yet releasing all of his tax returns. Given the nation’s appetite for openness about the history of presidential candidates, this may well be a debate we can have, but there might be just one tiny problem with the agent they sent out to carry the torch on this one. DNC chair Debbie Wasserman Shultz showed up for an interview on WCVB-BOS (ABC) in Boston, MA on Monday to read the riot act on Mitt. After complaining about various perceived sins of the rich and Romney’s insufficient number of released tax returns, the reporter, Janet Wu, brought up an uncomfortable point. (Transcript cleaned up for typos, original available at the link.)

WU: Are you the best attack dog on this particular issue considering you have never released your tax.

WASSERMAN SCHULTZ: Absolutely, I’m not running for president.

WU: You are a public official.

WASSERMAN SCHULTZ: I file full financial disclosure required under the law. Mitt Romney is actually the first candidate in modern history to only release one year of a tax return.

We can, as I said, have a perfectly valid public discussion about precisely how many years of tax returns or other such personal documents candidates should release when asking the voting public for their support. But in this case, we have one member of the United States Congress calling out a former governor who seeks to be President of the United States. And if I’m doing the math correctly here, the person who releases one year of tax returns has released, proportionally, more than the person who has released zero years by a factor of…

My calculator just exploded. I’ll get back to you.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Has Mitt filed full financial disclosure required by law? If so, then STFU, you rat-faced b*tch.

SKYFOX on July 10, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Makin my diet easy. Saw that mug and good bye appetite.

msupertas on July 10, 2012 at 9:26 AM

Shocking!

njrob on July 10, 2012 at 9:27 AM

Mitt’s tax returns = Look at that squirrel over there… on the Titanic

mankai on July 10, 2012 at 9:27 AM

SKYFOX on July 10, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Right with you, SKYFOX!

angrycodgr on July 10, 2012 at 9:27 AM

She sound like a transvestite to me. Her voice is the unpleasant thing.

Gotta watch that discontinuous curve in the nature of the universe. :)

Axe on July 10, 2012 at 9:27 AM

She reminds me of ex-wife #2. Incessant whining/b!@tching, and complaining, and yet, she’s the most imperfect in the room.

kingsjester on July 10, 2012 at 9:28 AM

You just can’t make this sh!t up with these people and their insane hypocrisy.

gsherin on July 10, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Somehow Mitt’s returns are going to be leaked. The IRS is in the tank for Obama.

mankai on July 10, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Romney’s tax returns sure have induced a lot of hand wringing among democrats and their water carriers in the media. Bottom line..no one cares…but keep fluking that chicken Deb.

HumpBot Salvation on July 10, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Jar Jar Wasserman Binks is the poster child for this administration: low IQ and ethics, high loyalty.

Joe Mama on July 10, 2012 at 9:29 AM

3 cheers for Wu for asking the question. I’m sure she’ll be unemployed soon, though.

dirtseller on July 10, 2012 at 9:29 AM

Perfect choice of words…

BigWyo on July 10, 2012 at 9:29 AM

Newt’s mommy always told her there were no monsters, but there are!

50sGuy on July 10, 2012 at 9:30 AM

Obama hasn’t released anything except a few forged documents. So what’s the problem here?

The Rogue Tomato on July 10, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Perfect choice of words…

BigWyo on July 10, 2012 at 9:29 AM

I don’t even think Obama would eat her.

HumpBot Salvation on July 10, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Is it possible to move to a country that doesn’t have people as doggedly dishonest and full of s**t as DWS?

MadisonConservative on July 10, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Please discontinue the practice of putting a

ToddPA on July 10, 2012 at 9:32 AM

SKYFOX on July 10, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Now you’ve done it, Sky. Rats have filed a grievance.

Yoop on July 10, 2012 at 9:32 AM

Forget about releasing tax returns Deb, how about releasing that squirrel that combs your hair every morning.

hillsoftx on July 10, 2012 at 9:32 AM

Shawa looks like someone put something up her butt in the cover picture, who me.

banzaibob on July 10, 2012 at 9:32 AM

I think Obama’s college records would be a more interesting read than Romney’s tax returns.

cartooner on July 10, 2012 at 9:33 AM

Can we please have some of Romney’s people talk about the documents that Obama didn’t release? Not only has he kept his college transcripts secret but all of his records from his time as a state senator were mysteriously “lost” if I remember correctly.

Jay Mac on July 10, 2012 at 9:34 AM

kingsjester on July 10, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Are you pulling our leg or admitting to suffering from the Limbaugh curse of poorly choosing a wife?

SKYFOX on July 10, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Noted cheerleader for Government Motors also drives an Infiniti (designed and manufactured in…Japan…)

CorporatePiggy on July 10, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Perfect choice of words…

BigWyo on July 10, 2012 at 9:29 AM

I don’t even think Obama would eat her.

HumpBot Salvation on July 10, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Breaking: film at… OH, GOD, NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yoop on July 10, 2012 at 9:35 AM

SKYFOX on July 10, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Oh, it’s true, but, I finally got it right the 3rd time around. I traded up.

kingsjester on July 10, 2012 at 9:36 AM

HumpBot Salvation on July 10, 2012 at 9:28 AM

GOP rivals did the same hand wringing during the primary… Bottom line… no one cared then either. That chicken is way over-fluked.

rhombus on July 10, 2012 at 9:37 AM

She has a d next to her name….. no worries

cmsinaz on July 10, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Bow-wow. Wuff wuff wuff.

petefrt on July 10, 2012 at 9:37 AM

cartooner on July 10, 2012 at 9:33 AM

Batty’s medical record? (not really a typo)

bayview on July 10, 2012 at 9:37 AM

I don’t even think Obama would eat her.

HumpBot Salvation on July 10, 2012 at 9:31 AM

OK, that’s funny right thar.

search4truth on July 10, 2012 at 9:38 AM

DWS – Dancing With Stupid

xdwall on July 10, 2012 at 9:39 AM

MSLSD broadcast images of Thurston Howell III from Gilligan’s Island in the background of the Ed Schultz show last night. This is all the Dems have? Pathetic. Like I said on another post, if the Republicans can’t beat the misterable little scrote in November, the party deserves to die.

RobertE on July 10, 2012 at 9:39 AM

I think it’s more likely that it’s Rush’s ex-wives poor choice of husbands.

lol

gerrym51 on July 10, 2012 at 9:40 AM

Do as we say, not as we do.

-Democrats

Good Lt on July 10, 2012 at 9:40 AM

Jay Mac on July 10, 2012 at 9:34 AM

I expect Mitt is keeping some of his powder dry. It’s a few months yet before this gets really nasty.

beatcanvas on July 10, 2012 at 9:40 AM

Agree jay mac

cmsinaz on July 10, 2012 at 9:40 AM

cartooner on July 10, 2012 at 9:33 AM

Not really into the idea of prying through Romney’s and Mrs. Romney’s checkbooks. Maybe it’s important, and I’m just not feeling it.

I’d tell ‘em they were on one of my yachts, but I forgot where I parked it, and then bust out with a wide-eyed, staring, pointing laugh.

… probably couldn’t get elected, though. :)

Axe on July 10, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Was that some actual journalism going on there?

forest on July 10, 2012 at 9:42 AM

SKYFOX on July 10, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Oh, it’s true, but, I finally got it right the 3rd time around. I traded up.

kingsjester on July 10, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Ooh ooh you mean it “does get better”?? So you got some of that completely-normal-but-completely-contrary-to-evolution-or-intelligent-design same-sex marriage???

Nutstuyu on July 10, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Six years of Mitt’s tax returns traded for six years of Barry’s college transcripts.
Also, full disclosure of the Rezko real estate “transaction”.
Do we have a deal SCOAMF?

Metal Head on July 10, 2012 at 9:43 AM

/sarc

Nutstuyu on July 10, 2012 at 9:43 AM

Jazz, if a formula in Excel divides by 0, the formula returns “#num” (pronounced “poundnum”). Sounds like a pretty good description of Ms Whazzername Shultz, no?

Upstreamer on July 10, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Please stop focusing on my gross hypocrisy and get back to resenting Romney for his success. You need to understand that what Romney does with his money should concern you far more than what Obama does with your money.

Next question?

morganfrost on July 10, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Romney should release his tax returns along with his transcripts and demand 0bama do the same.

Sticky Wicket on July 10, 2012 at 9:46 AM

Nutstuyu on July 10, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Actually, I am a male lesbian. I like women.

And I’ve got a very special 25 yr old daughter to prove it.

kingsjester on July 10, 2012 at 9:47 AM

DWS Reminds me of a mish-mash of the characters Rosanne Conner, Judith from Two and a Half Men, and Peggy Bundy.

Who cares how much Mitt made in 1972, 2011, or any other year(s) the liblets demand? I don’t care how much money he might have banked offshore. I also don’t care about DWS’s finances.

What I am tired of are Obama, Democrats, and their MSM lapdogs always harping about everything except what is important to the country: jobs, the economy, the pitiful state of education, etc.

What a lying bunch of sandbox socialists, limousine liberals, and crybabies!

Pfft!

Liam on July 10, 2012 at 9:47 AM

If I were Romney, I’d suggest to poddle-head, that he will agree to release all of his tax returns if Obama releases his college transcripts, all documents related to Fast & furious, and his original birth certificate.

cajunpatriot on July 10, 2012 at 9:47 AM

Whenever I see Deb’s mug pop up on HotAir…I wait for the autolauch of a Massengill advert.

She just screams that “not so fresh feeling”.

HumpBot Salvation on July 10, 2012 at 9:48 AM

Yo Mitt….

Release your tax returns when Barry releases his College Transcripts

roflmao

donabernathy on July 10, 2012 at 9:48 AM

Romney should say,”Okay. I’ll release my tax records when Obama releases his college transcripts and the video tape from the LA Times featuring the banquet for his old Muslim college benefactor.”

kingsjester on July 10, 2012 at 9:49 AM

MadisonConservative on July 10, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Planning on heading to a place without politics, are you?

How about Fantasyland?

JohnGalt23 on July 10, 2012 at 9:49 AM

Nicely played by Janet Wu.

Mitt should turn this issue around though and say that this is nothing more than democrats trying to make the class war argument. And then say, “yes, I am rich, and so is Barack Obama. Neither of us should apologize about that. Yet, the difference between the two of us is that I want to get back to a system where innovation is rewarded and more Americans can become like me and President Obama, while President Obama wants to prevent others from joining us by taxing job creators, and seeking to impose new taxes on job creators, just so that he can give people more government benefits.”

Romney can so easily stop this line of attack by making it a debate about the job market and American greatness. Yet, he refuses to do that because Republicans themselves made him tentaive about not apologizing for his success.

milcus on July 10, 2012 at 9:49 AM

DNC Chief Called on to Release Tax Returns

Democratic National Committee chief Debbie Wasserman Schultz has been called on to release her personal income tax returns. The request was made by her congressional opponent, Republican Karen Harrington of Florida.

[snip]

There are no records of Wasserman Schultz having ever released her personal income tax returns, though, as the Harrington campaign states, members of Congress are required to disclose assets, holdings, and various other financial information.

Flora Duh on July 10, 2012 at 9:50 AM

mankai on July 10, 2012 at 9:28 AM

They won’t dare. As things are now they likely count on Mitt’s reputation as centrist to survive. But if they go full partisan and Romney still wins, a lot of senior heads in IRS will roll and lot of department budgets will be cut – all to a thunderous applause of the GOP dominated Congress and Tea Party.

Archivarix on July 10, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Makin my diet easy. Saw that mug and good bye appetite.

msupertas on July 10, 2012 at 9:26 AM

It’s the Wasserman-Schultz diet! Side effects include nausea and creeping socialism.

Mini-14 on July 10, 2012 at 9:59 AM

but Palin and Bachman are bat shit crazy? Come on…

Wagthatdog on July 10, 2012 at 10:01 AM

“The economy is dying before your eyes but we demand to see Romney’s tax returns to prove…PROVE!…that he uh, that he made…uh…money! Yes that’s it! Mitt Romney earned money during his life and this is an outrage!”

Bishop on July 10, 2012 at 10:04 AM

My calculator just exploded. I’ll get back to you.

…well hey!…I just opened the window on my screen…saw pubic hair on a head and a face that could have been a fagina…and puked!…so there!

KOOLAID2 on July 10, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Mitt can resolve this issue in one sentence. “I will release my tax returns, all of them, if the Obumbler will release his College records…All of them! Any more questions?” CHIRP…CHIRP…

Tbone McGraw on July 10, 2012 at 10:05 AM

I don’t even think Obama would eat her.

HumpBot Salvation on July 10, 2012 at 9:31 AM

…ah..ok…I ain’t going there!

KOOLAID2 on July 10, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Debbie isn’t the sharpest tool in the shed.

GarandFan on July 10, 2012 at 10:10 AM

KOOLAID2 on July 10, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Good, because I just invited Romney’s spokesman, Ryan Williams, to this thread to read some of the “suggestions” recommended to counter this bs by DWS and the Dems.

Flora Duh on July 10, 2012 at 10:12 AM

DWS somehow manages to take the concept of being a moron to a level once thought unreachable!

pilamaye on July 10, 2012 at 10:13 AM

WASSERMAN SCHULTZ: Absolutely, I’m not running for president.

Attack dogs all over the country are outraged at being associated with Sgt Schultz.

VelvetElvis on July 10, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Debbie isn’t the sharpest tool in the shed.

GarandFan on July 10, 2012 at 10:10 AM

No, she’s not. But she is the one that makes the most annoying sound.

Flora Duh on July 10, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Flora Duh on July 10, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Now I have to find a tie. Thanks for nothin’!

Bishop on July 10, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Gee Jazz, thanks for posting her picture AGAIN. I was supposed to donate sperm in a couple of hours. I’ll have to call and cancel.

DaveDief on July 10, 2012 at 10:17 AM

She disclosed what? How much, how open and detailed, and to whom or what precise legal authority? Wasserman etc was waitng for this one, she had her dodge all lined up, the reporter should have jumped all over her. Typical, maybe she consults with Timothy Geithner on tax evasion, another big overnment altruist. These people are so twisted it defies belief.

arand on July 10, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Now I have to find a tie. Thanks for nothin’!

Bishop on July 10, 2012 at 10:14 AM

I wore a tie for Tina Korbe. I ain’t wearing no tie for Ryan Williams.

I’ll put some pants on or something, but that’s it.

Axe on July 10, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Now I have to find a tie. Thanks for nothin’!

Bishop on July 10, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Forget the tie. Just follow Axe’s lead and put on some pants.

Flora Duh on July 10, 2012 at 10:32 AM

She is a real person?

All this time I thought she was a mop with a nose which the Dems were using as a really cool retro puppet.You know, like Lionel or Kapish from 50s and 60s showsSoupy Sales.

IlikedAUH2O on July 10, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Is there a more despicable creature?

bob77 on July 10, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Flora Duh on July 10, 2012 at 10:12 AM

…I was gonna shower anyway after seeing DWS…I felt as I had E coli all over my pores!

KOOLAID2 on July 10, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Is there a more despicable creature?

bob77 on July 10, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Nancy Pelosi..?

affenhauer on July 10, 2012 at 10:49 AM

All right.

(sigh)

I could walk into a room of the most envious, class-warfare oriented people on earth, and turn them around in an hour with a motivational speech about success, and how they can achieve it. The lasting-power would vary, but that’s not the point. The political populism, the bad kind, plays to their envy; but deeper than their envy is their desire to succeed. They would have no envy if they had not wanted to do better in the first place.

Romney should speak to their desire to succeed, and be careful not to play to their envy. If he speaks to their desire to succeed, he will be speaking to everyone at once — the opposition that was looking at him hatefully, and his own base, and people that are on the fence, waiting for a leader’s voice to call them down.

The more people he can give hope to, the more people he can convince to have hope that things can change, the less resonance “BE RICH IN PUBLIC, RICHIE MCRICHES-A-LOT” attacks will have (which is all “Show me your tax returns” really is).

No Obama supporter wanted to see Obama’s tax returns. No Obama supporter cared about what was on them.

Happy Florida? :)

I tried to give thoughtful and meaningful advice.

Axe on July 10, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Axe on July 10, 2012 at 10:53 AM

You never fail to impress. :-)

Flora Duh on July 10, 2012 at 10:55 AM

DWS can’t help that she hit every branch when she fell out of the ugly tree, but if we have to be subjected to her mug, then could she not at least do us the courtesy of telling the truth oh, say, once in a blue moon? Failing that, perhaps a new ‘do and some orthodontics would be acceptable. (Oh, and lipo those thunder thighs while you’re at it.)

natasha333 on July 10, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Forget the tie. Just follow Axe’s lead and put on some pants.

Flora Duh on July 10, 2012 at 10:32 AM

Will trunks work? Ties aren’t great for swimming.

Bmore on July 10, 2012 at 10:56 AM

mankai on July 10, 2012 at 9:28 AM

At this point who gives a crap? Is there anyone anywhere that doesn’t know Mitt Romney is wealthy? C’mon what are his tax returns going to tell us? That he gave more to charity than all the Democrats in congress. I know that without seeing his returns. This is a pretty big non-issue IMHO. Let’s get back to bashing DWS, that’s a lot more fun.

Oldnuke on July 10, 2012 at 10:57 AM

That face could make a train take a dirt road.

Stu Gotts on July 10, 2012 at 11:17 AM

She sound like a transvestite to me. Her voice is the unpleasant thing…

Axe on July 10, 2012 at 9:27 AM

Tranny? Hmm. Anyone checked for high school yearbook pictures? Can’t be worse than the present.

slickwillie2001 on July 10, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Mitt cut someone’s hair! Mitt rode his dog on top of the car! Mitt has an elevator in his garage! Mitt has a Swiss bank account! Mitt has a lot of money! Mitt won’t show us his tax returns! Sheesh, I don’t know who is more pathetic, the idiotic, spoiled brat whiner Dems and their media lapdogs or the mindless, unhappy whiners that they are selling this stuff to.

One thing is for certain; we are never going to confuse or refute liberals with facts and/or logic because they simply aren’t having it!

Now, on to the fun stuff: Again – Debbie Ramenhair Schultz, a lilting voice like broken glass and gravel in a blender and a face like a bulldog chewing a wasp. How would you like to feel like this non-gender-specific pronoun person looks?

ghostwalker1 on July 10, 2012 at 11:18 AM

With so many convicted, corrupt relatives in Ms. Hyphen’s family tree, it’s no wonder our poodle-permed warrior passes on releasing her own.

MNHawk on July 10, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Dog. Kinda funny, I know we should avoid the personal attacks when there is just so much wrong with her argument here, but her mane does remind me a well groomed Cocker Spaniel’s.

FineasFinn on July 10, 2012 at 11:19 AM

Ok. I admit to being envious of the rich. I wish I had enough money so as to never have to worry about money again. But I also admit that the reasons I am not rich are largely because I personally have not done what it takes to get rich and I sure don’t expect someone who has — heck, not even someone who just fell into money — to give their money to me or to anyone else. If I did I’d be a democrat and I’d be easily swayed by their pernicious “hate the rich” blather and settle into a state of perpetual powerless self-imposed victimhood waiting for my next handout.

natasha333 on July 10, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Oldnuke on July 10, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Yeah, I honestly don’t get why he hasn’t just released them. I could see him doing it to make a point, but that doesn’t appear to be his style. Would be interesting though if he countered that he would as soon as Obama turned over the F&F documents.

Esthier on July 10, 2012 at 11:28 AM

When will the “most transparent president ever” release his records?
Washerwoman filthy greasy hair Schultz is a joke. We’re worried about what Obama is doing with our money, not how much Romney worked and earned.

jqc1970 on July 10, 2012 at 11:39 AM

I loath and despise these cretins so much I can’t even stand to hear their voices anymore and therefore cannot click on that video. It never used to be that bad. Sure, Clinton annoyed me and a disagreed with his policies a lot and he often angered me but I never reached the level of… well, I’ll just say it… hate, that I have for this Administration and their policies, double standards and hypocrisy. If their intent isn’t deliberately malicious and nefarious then they are so incompetent it’s criminal.

Yakko77 on July 10, 2012 at 12:24 PM

natasha333 on July 10, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Exactly. My family wasn’t wealthy and even though my parents worked hard and made upper middle class status, they spent it all on us kids. Unfortunately I’m too lazy to work that hard and when I have gotten to a level of greater wealth, I spend it on my family too. I have collected unemployment once, company screwed up big time. But I looked for a job and found one…not as good as the original but okay.
I would never expect someone else to just hand over their money…well…maybe my kids. LOL
As for the Dems, what’s really ironic is their biggest icons were the Kennedys.

Deanna on July 10, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Mayonaise head. She has her head stuck so far up Botox Pelosi’s rear end, it sticks out of her mouth.

tmgrant on July 10, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Time for her clipping and a nice flea-dip.

Tim_CA on July 10, 2012 at 1:02 PM

I think it is clear now that DWS passes the test. She is as reprehensible as Pelosi, and thus qualified to be the new leader of the congressional democrats.

paul1149 on July 10, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Time for her clipping and a nice flea-dip.

Tim_CA on July 10, 2012 at 1:02 PM

Yea. Her hair reminds me of those cases on Animal Planet where a long-haired abandoned dog is picked up and their coat is so matted that it has to be shaved clean.

slickwillie2001 on July 10, 2012 at 1:11 PM

SKYFOX on July 10, 2012 at 9:25 AM

I second all of that :-)…

jimver on July 10, 2012 at 1:24 PM

She’s the Surreality Witch, but perfect for the left, along with Carney. May God keep them, for the rest of the year.

Schadenfreude on July 10, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Even being pedantic and not counting Romney’s 2011 estimated tax liability that he disclosed in January & saying that he only disclosed 1 tax return (2010) like she is, getting lost in all of this is that no candidate — including one for POTUS — is *required* to disclose *any* tax returns.

But adding to the hypocrisy is the fact that it turns out DWS has investments in Swiss banks, Foreign Drug Companies and the State Bank of India:

Dark Star on July 10, 2012 at 1:38 PM

We averaged 5% unemployment when Republicans ran things, why would anybody NOT want that?

Wagthatdog on July 10, 2012 at 1:42 PM