Video: George W. and the warriors

posted at 11:01 am on July 8, 2012 by Jazz Shaw

The subjects of today’s story are a bit of an odd pairing. The first is Piers Morgan, who many of our readers likely don’t watch on a regular basis. He’s on CNN, for starters, seems to demonstrate some left skewing views and is most often seen interviewing celebrities or the inventor of Chapstick.

But this week he did a feature story on former president George W. Bush. This one has nothing to do with politics, which W largely stays out of anyway, but instead promotes a mountain bike race he sponsors for wounded veterans. The feature also tells the story of one of the warriors in question, how he happened to originally meet Bush, and how that led to the creation of this event.

“The W100 is a hundred kilometer mountain bike ride to honor our vets who have been wounded in combat, to thank their families, and to thank the groups that have helped them recover from serious injury,” explained the 43rd U.S. president.

“It’s important to me, because I want to stay connected to the veteran community. I’m not going to be a very public person, this is a rare interview for me,” revealed Bush. “And therefore, I’m worried that the vets will think I don’t care about them. So, this is a way for me to say that not only do I respect them, but I love them. And will continue to do so for the rest of my life.”

I highly encourage you to watch this video. (It’s not very long.)

No matter how you may have felt about W’s performance in office or his policies, whether you are Left or Right, this story may have you thinking a bit differently about the man. He has maintained a very private life since leaving office, staying largely out of the way of history, which I find admirable. And the W-100 is clearly not some sort of stunt to polish his image or put himself in the limelight. It really sounds like the only reason he agreed to do any press is to let more veterans know that this is available. And it seems to be helping them.

A tip of my hat to W this weekend. This is some good stuff.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

+ 100 to W and our fine Mean and Women serving.

Bmore on July 8, 2012 at 12:47 PM

A Demanding,and Honourary Race,and a meaning
of Perseverance and Determination of the US
Military soldier,and the story of respect to
the Cammander in Chief,George W.Bush!!

Awesome to say the least!!!

canopfor on July 8, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Mean=Men, can’t blame that one on the iPad thingy. Sorry Men.

Bmore on July 8, 2012 at 12:47 PM

+ 100 to W and our fine Mean and Women serving.

Bmore on July 8, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Bmore:What you said,I’ll add +100:)

canopfor on July 8, 2012 at 12:49 PM

The War Planner on July 8, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Now I understand your handle, lol.

/salute

Mord on July 8, 2012 at 12:49 PM

If i had any critique of the story, is that is was done on CNN AND on Piers Morgan…it should have been on a network/program so it could have gotten even wider airplay.

But i will offer a tip of the fedora to both PM & Atlanta for the story nevertheless.

BlaxPac on July 8, 2012 at 12:50 PM

And in due time…
There will be a party at the WH with photos of people flipping the bird at W’s portrait..
Obama off camera with a big smile.

Electrongod on July 8, 2012 at 12:21 PM

…ahhhhhhh…that’s where we saw a picture of ricky404!

KOOLAID2 on July 8, 2012 at 12:51 PM

Thanks for posting this, Jazz.

Dubya makes me proud.

wolly4321 on July 8, 2012 at 12:52 PM

Mord on July 8, 2012 at 12:34 PM

The sacrifices our wounded have made are only by degrees, but they are all sacrifices. Depending on where you were, there is a good chance you were MEDEVACed by a Washington State unit that my unit (1-159th) ultimately absorbed into our GSAB when we left Iraq in 06 and reorganized.

(Salutes your direction)

hawkdriver on July 8, 2012 at 12:53 PM

WARRIOR 100K RIDE

On April 26-28, 2012, nineteen servicemen and women wounded in Iraq or Afghanistan joined President George W. Bush for a 100 kilometer mountain bike ride in Palo Duro Canyon State Park.

As part of the George W. Bush Presidential Center’s Military Service Initiative, the W100 highlights the bravery and sacrifice of the warriors wounded in the global war on terror, as well as those organizations that have made continuing commitments to supporting America’s heroes.

The three-day event provides an opportunity to highlight the good work of military support organizations and is sponsored by several companies and individuals that have generously contributed their time and resources to support America’s servicemen and women. The 2011 W100 was the first event for the Military Service Initiative of the Bush Center.
===================

canopfor on July 8, 2012 at 12:54 PM

I feel the same way about Bush that I do about Reagan. They would have been superior presidents if the democrats hadnt undermined them so much in their quest for power.
William Amos on July 8, 2012 at 12:02 PM

It might have helped just a little if G W had demonstrated his awareness of that last part of your statement but the fact of the matter is, comparing him to Reagan is a stretch.

Cleombrotus on July 8, 2012 at 12:58 PM

Military Service Headlines
==========================

George W. Bush to host wounded vets golf tourney

Bush to host golf tournament for war vets

President Bush To Host Warrior Open Golf Tournament

Former president accompanies injured vets on grueling bike ride

More News Stories of the 100 RACE(with Links).
==================================

canopfor on July 8, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Cleombrotus on July 8, 2012 at 12:58 PM

From the point of view of a member of the Armed Forces, it really isn’t.

hawkdriver on July 8, 2012 at 1:02 PM

hawkdriver on July 8, 2012 at 1:02 PM

In regards to his respect for our fighting men, I agree. And as a former Marine, (’69 – ’73 no, they didn’t send me) I feel qualified to comment.

Cleombrotus on July 8, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Cleombrotus on July 8, 2012 at 1:05 PM

I had the honor of serving under both. George Bush’s father too. There aren’t any better wartime presidents in our recent history.

hawkdriver on July 8, 2012 at 1:08 PM

hawkdriver on July 8, 2012 at 12:53 PM

That would be really cool, in the “it’s a small world” sense of it. Details are hazy for me you understand, but I know I left Balad a couple days into November of 2005 on an Air Force plane that was stuffed full of racks holding stretchers down the middle and lined with seats on the sides, and it was huge. Not as big as a C-5, but really the largest aircraft I remember being in. We ended up at Andrews, and proceeded on several more flights before I was dropped off in FT Riley. Sort of an ambulance/Taxi. I tried to remember the tail numbers, but Morphine is a powerful drug, heh.

Mord on July 8, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Say what you will about W but he loved the troops and supported the mission. He was a true commander and chief and I, for one, never felt like he was ignoring our nations defense. W loves this country. The weak kneed spineless empty suit snake oil salesman we have now could not punch his way out of a wet paper bag and I fear for our country and our military.

crosshugger on July 8, 2012 at 1:13 PM

hawkdriver on July 8, 2012 at 1:08 PM

I believe you. There was a time in our nation’s history when a lack of military service was almost a disqualified for that august office. Clinton began the descent and the current occupant continues the deterioration.

Cleombrotus on July 8, 2012 at 1:14 PM

ahh tears..there’s a president that truly loves our military men and women..he has more class in his pinky finger than Obama has in his whole body..i shouldn’t get political but i can’t help it..i’m tired of Bushy being a whipping boy for the Democrats

sadsushi on July 8, 2012 at 1:15 PM

hawkdriver on July 8, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Thanks for that perspective, hawkdriver. I never would have heard it if you hadn’t volunteered it, and it’s kinda worth knowing.

Axe on July 8, 2012 at 1:26 PM

it is a measure of the depth of the left’s depraved lust of power that they mounted a systematic campaign to de-legtimate W….so single minded that they formed a shadow government

r keller on July 8, 2012 at 1:29 PM

Mord on July 8, 2012 at 1:10 PM

I wouldn’t imagine you’d remember much after something like that. That unit covered the entire Balad/Baghdad region. I know unit that operated out of Camp Warhorse that would put off an op if they could when the weather wasn’t good enough for our Dustoff to launch. Back then they operated single-ship which is all but unheard of today. But those men and women were fearless.

hawkdriver on July 8, 2012 at 1:30 PM

know “a” unit

Cleombrotus on July 8, 2012 at 1:14 PM

I know. Amen brother and Semper Fi from a GI.

hawkdriver on July 8, 2012 at 1:32 PM

Then stop putting and IF in FRONT OF EVERY STORY ABOUT HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!

tomas on July 8, 2012 at 1:37 PM

I left Balad a couple days into November of 2005 on an Air Force plane that was stuffed full of racks holding stretchers down the middle and lined with seats on the sides, and it was huge. Not as big as a C-5, but really the largest aircraft I remember being in. We ended up at Andrews Mord on July 8, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Might have been a C-141, they were still in service. Trained as an FN on that plane and love it. Thank you to all fellow Vets for service and courage.
Here’s my 2 cents: served under both Bushes, Clinton and Barky. Under W and Dad, never donned a uniform and wondered if the CinC had my back.

indyvet on July 8, 2012 at 1:47 PM

For those of you with iPad, there is an alternate browser which will play Flash. Go to the App Store and look for Photon. It’s $4.99 and will allow you to play Flash on a website. just click the lightning bolt in the upper right corner when you come to a website with Flash. A friend at work told me about it and it works like a charm.

Alia on July 8, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Thanks to our military and to GW.

CW on July 8, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Hey, let’s not say things we can’t take back. That’s asking a lot.

KillerKane on July 8, 2012 at 12:40 PM

..oh, right! I lost my head there for a moment! Thanks for setting me straight!

The War Planner on July 8, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Mord on July 8, 2012 at 1:10 PM

..probably was a C-141, Mord. I used to ride them back from Hickham to March or Norton during VN. One trip (my penultimate one) was 4 passengers and the rest coffins coming back from SEA. It was a sad and dreary (almost scary) flight.

Like the last line in the Bridges at Toko-Ri, “..where do we get such men?”

My heart breaks.

The War Planner on July 8, 2012 at 2:00 PM

indyvet on July 8, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Indyvet: Thanks for your service, but don’t forget: “Tac Evac Brings ‘em Back!”

Mr. Grump on July 8, 2012 at 2:00 PM

C17, most probably.

indyvet on July 8, 2012 at 1:47 PM

I didn’t understand this part.

hawkdriver on July 8, 2012 at 2:01 PM

Speaking as a veteran, I can honestly say that I can remember no time that I ever felt this man has either talked down to veterans, patronized us, or used us as a prop/image-enhancer/photo-op.

In short, the exact opposite of the current occupant of the White House.

PJ Emeritus on July 8, 2012 at 2:06 PM

I’m in awe of the bravery and dedication of the soldier here, going back to combat duty on a prosthetic leg. But I’m also concerned about this, because if our enemies get ahold of a man like that, instead of seeing a brave man they might see a weak country, i.e. “Look, we’re winning–America’s forces are so weakened that they’re having to press men with one good leg into service!”

radjah shelduck on July 8, 2012 at 2:07 PM

But those men and women were fearless.

hawkdriver on July 8, 2012 at 1:30 PM

I do remember enough to know that I was not picked up by a helicopter, sorry that I misunderstood you initially. Those people are indeed fearless and loved by the people on the ground.

We were less than 5 minutes from Balad, so it was faster to just put me on a stretcher, bungee-cord the rear doors of the Humvee shut (the stretchers wouldn’t fit with the doors closed, luckily we realized that early on and each truck had short bungees to keep the doors closed if anything ever happened) and split off from the rest of the convoy to head back to base. It was a memorable ride, to put it mildly, lol.

Mord on July 8, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Make them as proud of you as you are of them.

Bmore on July 8, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Your comment stopped me in my tracks. I am proud of those who have put it all on the line for my freedom. But have I made them proud of me?

I can’t help but think of what Private Ryan, as a grandfather, said to his wife.

ITguy on July 8, 2012 at 2:19 PM

radjah shelduck on July 8, 2012 at 2:07 PM

I think the opposite is the most likely scenario. “Even American cripples are killing us!”

I can’t imagine the bravery warrior ethos it takes to volunteer for combat with just one leg. Twice. I know I don’t have that kind of spirit.

Mord on July 8, 2012 at 2:20 PM

2Cr 11:13-15 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. Therefore it is not surprising if his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness, whose end will be according to their deeds.

Let these words sink in. Don’t let the politics blind you.

longfeet on July 8, 2012 at 2:24 PM

The War Planner on July 8, 2012 at 2:00 PM

“Where do we get such men?” They are everywhere. This is what makes me so confident of our future and proud to be an American. Not all of them choose to serve in the military. Those few are just the easiest to single out for praise.

Mord on July 8, 2012 at 2:25 PM

Mord on July 8, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Glad you’re here to tell us about it.

hawkdriver on July 8, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Really liked W’s slam on Obama: “When dealt a tough hand, he didn’t fold.” Ha.

BKeyser on July 8, 2012 at 2:29 PM

hawkdriver on July 8, 2012 at 2:01 PM: IMHO, under Clinton and Obama, you never knew what was coming next (DADT, forbidding use of GWOT term, changes to ROE, even now with totally out of proportion budget cuts). Constant stab in military’s back, or stick in the eye.

indyvet on July 8, 2012 at 2:35 PM

The love and respect between W and our veterans is something the Usurper cannot steal and the left cannot understand. I have no doubt that his commitment to these men will ultimately define his post-Presidential life.

God bless him and the veterans for that.

Jaibones on July 8, 2012 at 2:38 PM

“Tac Evac Brings ‘em Back!” Mr. Grump on July 8, 2012 at 2:00 PM

Roger that and thanks!

indyvet on July 8, 2012 at 2:41 PM

indyvet on July 8, 2012 at 2:35 PM

Very true.

hawkdriver on July 8, 2012 at 2:44 PM

“Bunch of potential terrorists” — Janet Napolitano, Obama’s ‘dog’.

Schadenfreude on July 8, 2012 at 2:45 PM

longfeet on July 8, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Surely you’re not talking about George Bush?

hawkdriver on July 8, 2012 at 2:45 PM

hawkdriver on July 8, 2012 at 2:45 PM

I was wondering that myself. Very odd.

cozmo on July 8, 2012 at 2:48 PM

hawkdriver on July 8, 2012 at 2:45 PM

I was wondering that myself. Very odd.

cozmo on July 8, 2012 at 2:48 PM

Very odd indeed.

hawkdriver on July 8, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Why do Republican Presidents show class when they leave office, Democrats not so much?

Regards

SPIFF1669 on July 8, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Mega kudos to President Bush (whom I cast my first vote ever for in 2004 at 18) on his work with wounded vets, however I can’t help but be extremely irritated by the fact that he could have prevented many of these stories from happening in the first place by executing a much better thought out war strategy and not nation-building in the middle of a giant tribal sandbox.

SgtSVJones on July 8, 2012 at 2:58 PM

The picture Drudge had up on his home page of “W” holding a child in Africa made it clear that while he was not a great president, at times he was a very good one. His post-presidency actions, so far, put him on the path towards being a great former president.

(Does that make sense?)

Fallon on July 8, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Let these words sink in. Don’t let the politics blind you.

longfeet on July 8, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Not blinded at all. Obama is a demon, either the real one, or the manipulated one. May all his followers spontaneously combust, you fools.

Schadenfreude on July 8, 2012 at 3:05 PM

My book, he was a great president, period. People don’t consider what position the country might be in if Gore was CinC and simply decided to do nothing about our enemies. Much of what I give him credit for are things that simply were never allowed to occur.

hawkdriver on July 8, 2012 at 3:06 PM

President Bush did more for Africa, and continues to do so, than Obama ever will.

Schadenfreude on July 8, 2012 at 3:07 PM

hawkdriver on July 8, 2012 at 3:06 PM

A good man in a tough situation. He saw the war on terror for what it was while politicians on both sides of the isle used it to their advantage. W took many hits to keep the war going.

Yeah, I am partial to W.

cozmo on July 8, 2012 at 3:09 PM

Schadenfreude on July 8, 2012 at 3:07 PM

so true, even that imbecile, Bono has bowed to W and commended him for his work on Africa….

jimver on July 8, 2012 at 3:22 PM

Yeah, I am partial to W.

cozmo on July 8, 2012 at 3:09 PM

a class act and a decent man, with his heart in the right place…

jimver on July 8, 2012 at 3:23 PM

2Cr 11:13-15

Let these words sink in. Don’t let the politics blind you.

longfeet on July 8, 2012 at 2:24 PM

The problem is that those words seem to be vaguely, generally applicable to the political landscape — but they don’t seem to have any particular application to the subject at hand.

i.e., who are you talking about?

i.e., “Huh?”

Axe on July 8, 2012 at 3:44 PM

Let these words sink in. Don’t let the politics blind you.

longfeet on July 8, 2012 at 2:24 PM

I apply that to Obama. I don’t know if Obama is a Muslim, or just an atheist who wants the Muslim world to believe that he is a Muslim, but one thing for certain is that he is not a Christian. A Christian would rather become a martyr than to deny Jesus by confessing the Shahada. Obama has publicly confessed the words that one confesses to convert to Islam… Obama has publicly confessed the Shahada in Arabic. For him to simultaneously claim that he is a Christian is deception in the highest degree.

HotAir’s own Jazz Shaw understands enough about Islam to know that the “opening lines of the Arabic call to prayer” are the Shahada, the Muslim confession of faith, and if a person chooses to speak those words in Arabic,

POOF! You’re a Muslim!

If that’s true for Jeff on the TLC show, and for Muslims world-wide, why wouldn’t it be true for Barack Hussein Obama?

And guess what? In 2007, Barack Hussein Obama has publicly confessed the Shahada in Arabic.

He once got in trouble for making faces during Koran study classes in his elementary school, but a president is less likely to stereotype Muslims as fanatics — and more likely to be aware of their nationalism — if he once studied the Koran with them. Mr. Obama recalled the opening lines of the Arabic call to prayer, reciting them with a first-rate accent. In a remark that seemed delightfully uncalculated (it’ll give Alabama voters heart attacks), Mr. Obama described the call to prayer as “one of the prettiest sounds on Earth at sunset.”

Whether he believes it or not, he said it, and Barack Hussein Obama knows that the Muslim world views him as a Muslim because he recited the Shahada in Arabic.

What he truly believes is anyone’s guess, but Obama deliberately wants Christians to think that he is a Christian, and Muslims to think that he is a Muslim. Again, I don’t know if Obama is a Muslim, or just an atheist who wants the Muslim world to believe that he is a Muslim, but one thing for certain is that he is not a Christian. I believe that a Christian would rather become a martyr than to deny Jesus by confessing the Shahada.

ITguy on July 8, 2012 at 3:47 PM

Not sure which is more pathetic; that more poeple aren’t already well aware of this old news, or that Hot Air’s readership, authors are brought to this awareness via that simpering douchebag AND CNN.

Hell this was heavily reported four years ago during the last Olympics. He was already riding with amputee veterans back then.
And here’s his announcment of the 100km version, nearly a year ago

rayra on July 8, 2012 at 4:08 PM

last week during a rangers game tom grieve was interviewing nolan and there beside him in his old seat was W. his face was busted up a little which nolan mentioned was due to a bike wreck earlier that day. on the dorba.org forums people post all the time when he shows up at a trail to ride, plenty of pix and socializing with the riders. he seems to favor northshore which is one of the more technical trails here in DFW.

chasdal on July 8, 2012 at 4:16 PM

I’m now 66. I served in the Marine Corps for 21 years and spent three years in combat.

I would give everything I own to have had a President like George W. Bush as President during Vietnam–instead of the weasel LBJ.

BMF on July 8, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Saw that a couple months ago so it’s not new news, but thanks for posting. It’s nice to be reminded of the good work he’s been doing here and in Africa. He and his wife have always been great supporters of our Veterans, not just showing up for a photo op and a handshake, they genuinely care.

scalleywag on July 8, 2012 at 4:41 PM

thanks for posting this. I think I am going to try to volunteer to go help out at this next year.

ted c on July 8, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Saw that a couple months ago so it’s not new news…

scalleywag on July 8, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Especially locally. He does a lot of stuff that doesn’t make the national news.

cozmo on July 8, 2012 at 4:49 PM

rayra on July 8, 2012 at 4:08 PM

it’s good news.

take a pill wouldya?

ted c on July 8, 2012 at 4:55 PM

ted c on July 8, 2012 at 4:55 PM

I for one wasn’t sure what the point the commenter was making, good to know pills were involved, certainly makes understanding their point easier. ; )

Bmore on July 8, 2012 at 5:11 PM

I miss George. I’ve missed him since January 20, 2009.

Dopenstrange on July 8, 2012 at 5:23 PM

BMF on July 8, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Thank you for your service and OORAH! on behalf of our son.

indyvet on July 8, 2012 at 5:26 PM

BMF on July 8, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Salutes!

hawkdriver on July 8, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Obama is a Muslim period. Islam does not allow you to defect and leave Islam. There is no fatwa on him thus he is a Muslim. After all he did change his name from Barry Soterro to Barack Hussine Obama as an adult. That is three very important Islamic names.

But GW is in my opinion the worst President in the last 50 years. He handed the Democrats a veto proof Senate the House and the Senate. He was great for the Democrats but horrible for the Republicans. His second term was an unmitigated disaster. Huge spending and the Great Recession we are still in. Obama should thank GW first if he wins reelection. GW will have done the most for Obama if he wins.

Hope there is more to his repentance than just this. Though this may help him if he also gives God the credit.

Steveangell on July 8, 2012 at 5:51 PM

a class act and a decent man, with his heart in the right place.

jimver on July 8, 2012 at 3:23 PM

Amen.

And a heartfelt thank you and salute to all the veterans here.

PatriotGal2257 on July 8, 2012 at 6:33 PM

Steveangell on July 8, 2012 at 5:51 PM

Freaking sick of your comments. I save this for special occasions but you’re just an idiot. A provocative idiot who will say anything under the sun to get a rise.

Just go post somewhere else, would you?

hawkdriver on July 8, 2012 at 6:36 PM

But GW is in my opinion the worst President in the last 50 years.

Steveangell on July 8, 2012 at 5:51 PM

You’re Boring.

And totally wrong.

1962 was 50 years ago.

Since that time, we’ve had one Democrat President (LBJ) who was in bed with Halliburton even more than Dick Cheney was, and also got over 50,000 Americans killed in his War of Choice. That war was ended by the subsequent Republican President.

The next Democrat President will lose his title of Worst President Ever when O’bama loses this fall.

And the Democrat President who left Bush 9/11 was elected by a Democrat Media on a total lie, namely that “It was the Economy, Stupid”. In fact, according to the Fed the economic recovery that Clinton claimed credit for actually began 18 months before the 1992 election. But the Democrat Media never reported that recovery, solely to force Pappy Bush out.

BTW, in 1998, Democrat Historian Richard Goodwin, who was an aide to JFK and LBJ, concluded in a scathing op-ed piece in the NY Times-owned Boston Globe that Bill Clinton’s Presidency had in fact been a complete failure. And he didn’t even mention the al Qaeda threat that Clinton left his successor, simply because he was too scared to jeopardize his poll numbers.

Ron Paul is God! Thanks for playing.

Del Dolemonte on July 8, 2012 at 7:08 PM

President and Mrs. Bush,
Thanks for your support!

exhelodrvr on July 8, 2012 at 7:16 PM

I love that man. Literally. I feel about him the way I hope my daughter one day feels about me. I love and respect him beyond words. And miss him terribly.

This is what leadership is supposed to look like and feel like.

And however you may feel about his presidency, I submit to you that he’s the best former President in generations.

This stuff is why I still read HotAir after all this time.

———–

And I have to add: he speaks amazingly well without a teleprompter. Strange, isn’t it?

As for Chris … well, he’s a hero, of course. But its been my privilege to know so many like him that I frankly expect nothing less. Our military – especially our NCO’s, especially our special forces – are all like this.

Which is part of why I can never fully embrace all the doom and gloom I constantly read. As long as men like this exist, and leaders like George W. Bush are around to lead them … I really don’t worry much about our future.

Bah. I gotta go wipe my eyes and have drink.

Thanks.

Professor Blather on July 8, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Really liked W’s slam on Obama: “When dealt a tough hand, he didn’t fold.” Ha.

BKeyser on July 8, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Obama reminds me of that scene in Casino when Nicky is losing at the blackjack table and he responds by blaming the dealer.

SlimyBill on July 8, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Someone should forward this to Jimmy Carter with a note that says “THIS is how ex-presidents are supposed to conduct themselves.”

alchemist19 on July 8, 2012 at 9:33 PM

George Bush is a class act. But no more than Chris Self. And Morgan has always supported the troops regardless of his other lib tendencies. Cheers to them all and to all the troops who keep us free.

Christian Conservative on July 8, 2012 at 9:38 PM

I don’t blame GW for the W-100, I admire him for it. Wtg Mr. President.

jake49 on July 8, 2012 at 9:44 PM

My C-in-C’s were Nixon, Ford, Carter, and Reagan. Really ran the gamut there. Constantly had to apologize for the fact that Carter was a Navy man (but he was a bubblehead, so that didn’t really count to us skimmers). I would have loved to have had W as a C-in-C. Talk about somebody who had your six…

Moose Drool on July 8, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Steveangell on July 8, 2012 at 5:51 PM

Just go post somewhere else, would you?

hawkdriver on July 8, 2012 at 6:36 PM

Why don’t you post somewhere else? He is dead on about Bush. As long as there are the likes of you and others posting on this thread, declaring their love for the tyrant Bush, the Republican party will go on betraying freedom, counting on the likes of you to support them, regardless.

rickv404 on July 8, 2012 at 10:27 PM

rickv404 on July 8, 2012 at 10:27 PM

I’d call you a douchebag, but douchebags serve a useful purpose. Veterans such as hawkdriver, myself, and many more on this thread would love to have you spew your trash to us face to face. On Veteran’s Day, at the local VFW or American Legion post. But that’ll never happen, will it?

Moose Drool on July 8, 2012 at 10:37 PM

rickv404 on July 8, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Go take a long walk off a short pier.

Fighton03 on July 8, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Steveangell on July 8, 2012 at 5:51 PM

your opinion has been noted….and discarded for the tripe it is. Good night.

Fighton03 on July 8, 2012 at 11:43 PM

I am thankful to W for his patriotism, decency and class. In regard to those qualities, he is ten thousand times the man that Obama is.

In terms of his presidency and the role he played in leading our country to its current crisis and potential ruin, that’s another story entirely, but no one can deny W his better qualities.

Burke on July 8, 2012 at 11:45 PM

BMF on July 8, 2012 at 4:22 PM

You and me both.

Solaratov on July 9, 2012 at 12:43 AM

rickv404 on July 8, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Ricky, you’re an ass.

If you don’t like Republicans…vote democrat (again). You’re trying everything you can to re-elect your obamassiah — but it ain’t gonna work.
You and your pal could both go post elsewhere and we wouldn’t miss you.

Solaratov on July 9, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Ricky, you’re an ass.

You and your pal could both go post elsewhere and we wouldn’t miss you.

Solaratov on July 9, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Never voted Democrat. Romney will be the equivalent of Bush. Nothing changes, unfortunately. Again, the Republican party can always count on dupes like you for support, while they go on colluding with Democrats to ruin this country. There’s another answer, and it will come, eventually.

rickv404 on July 9, 2012 at 8:16 AM

Moose Drool on July 8, 2012 at 10:37 PM

No wonder Bush got elected, twice, with boneheads like you in tow.

rickv404 on July 9, 2012 at 8:22 AM

George Bush may be mountain bike king but the sap was no conservative and he gave us Obama.

You damned Bushes, you!

Sherman1864 on July 9, 2012 at 8:48 AM

Poor president.

Very, very good man whom I admire and respect.

MadisonConservative on July 9, 2012 at 9:43 AM

I also want to say thank you to hawk, Mord, and all the rest of our HA veterans for your service. I look up you to folks with awe and intense admiration.

MadisonConservative on July 9, 2012 at 9:50 AM

rickv404 on July 8, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Nitwit,
You keep calling Bush a dictator and a tyrant. What did he do that made him a dictator?
Was it all the times he didn’t “go around” Congress and issue presidential edicts when they wouldn’t pass the laws he wanted passed?
Was it that he didn’t take it upon himself to conduct bombing campaigns in open defiance of the War Powers Act like Clinton did in Serbia and Obama did in Libya?
Or was it the time he went to Congress and asked for permission to destroy the terrorist networks in Afghanistan and Iraq in compliance with Article I, Section 7 of the U.S. Constitution?

single stack on July 9, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Bah. I gotta go wipe my eyes and have drink.

Thanks.

Professor Blather on July 8, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Blather!

Good to see you.

TexasDan on July 9, 2012 at 10:48 AM

W 200 anyone?

Bmore on July 9, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Don’t mind if I do. W 200 !

Bmore on July 9, 2012 at 10:55 AM