Dear Speaker Boehner: Not helpful

posted at 12:31 pm on July 8, 2012 by Jazz Shaw

Say… do you remember that spirited, roller coaster ride of a primary race we had earlier this year? That was really something, wasn’t it? Most of you had your own preferred candidate and you got out there and supported them as best you could. We had debates and press conferences and rallies and all the rest of the streamers and balloons that go along with such a battle. Good times.

But now it’s over, and it’s time to get on board with the final push to November. While some sour grapes may remain among a few of the faithful, party leaders know that the focus has shifted and everyone has to get on message in support of a win this fall… Right, John?

[Speaker John Boehner] made the remarks when an unidentified woman asked during a question-and-answer session: “Can you make me love Mitt Romney?”

“No,” Boehner said. “Listen, we’re just politicians. I wasn’t elected to play God. The American people probably aren’t going to fall in love with Mitt Romney. I’ll tell you this: 95 percent of the people that show up to vote in November are going to show up in that voting booth, and they are going to vote for or against Barack Obama.

“Mitt Romney has some friends, relatives and fellow Mormons … some people that are going to vote for him. But that’s not what this election is about. This election is going to be a referendum on the president’s failed economic policies.

Even if that’s what you really believe, (and it’s not like I’m calling you crazy here) surely by this time you’ve learned enough that you could put a teeny weeny smidgen of spin on it, eh? And the fact is that people always want to vote for someone or something whenever possible.

Oh, and there’s nothing sure to rally the base like saying that nobody would really be interested in voting for Mitt unless they were his personal friends or family. And… Mormons? Did you really have to toss that in there? I think we can do a little better than that, sir.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

I’m not saying that I won’t eventually end up voting for Willard. I’m just making fun of your non-logic.

casuist on July 8, 2012 at 3:40 PM

First of all, I begrudge no one for cringing at the thought of voting for Romney. When I say to someone I hope they will fight for their principles, I mean it whether or not they end up voting for Romney. I have more respect for someone who pulls the lever for Gary Johnson than for someone who posits a write-in or, even worse, stays home and does nothing.

And as for my “non-logic,” given how the obamaniacs and rombots are motivated by their respective narcissism and fear, I don’t think this is a good cycle for logic whether one is a hardcore conservative or a flaming liberal. You want to go find a hill to die on? Fine. I won’t criticize. But do something instead of nothing.

At this point in time, the safest prediction is that either Mitt Romney or Barack Obama will be elected President of the United States of America on November 6th. You don’t have to like it. God knows I don’t. It’s just the truth.

gryphon202 on July 8, 2012 at 3:59 PM

You want a leader not an executive. Reagan was a leader of men.

unseen on July 8, 2012 at 3:19 PM

I agree and Reagan had the American people behind him. If Romney is elected, it will be up to him whether that will be so.

bluefox on July 8, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Rio Linda Refugee on July 8, 2012 at 3:12 PM

I’ve never thot of President Reagan as a politician. I’ve always thot of him as an American.

bluefox on July 8, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Reagan was as skilled a politician as we have seen in the modern era…To his credit

workingclass artist on July 8, 2012 at 4:01 PM

workingclass artist on July 8, 2012 at 3:57 PM

I notice on every post you attack Palin,….

I wonder why that is?

idesign on July 8, 2012 at 4:01 PM

canopfor on July 8, 2012 at 1:54 PM

You better send out some of your undercover operatives to smackdown these lefty goons. And somebody please slap Bohner, he is not helping.

SparkPlug on July 8, 2012 at 2:01 PM

SparkPlug:Yup,Boehner always says whats on his mind…ugh,
and I do love the way Lt.Col.A West,handles these
Leftys!:)

canopfor on July 8, 2012 at 4:01 PM

this i think explains how many conservatives feel about Mitt (he is our blade of grass):

“I once saw a man hanging from a cliff,” he said slowly. “The brink was crumbling beneath his fingers, and the only thing near enough to grasp was a tuft of grass, a few long blades with roots barely clinging to the rock. The only chance he had of climbing back up on the cliff. So he grabbed it.” His abrupt chuckle held no mirth. “He had to know it would pull free.”

unseen on July 8, 2012 at 4:02 PM

Between now and November 6 we are all John Galt.

Doug Piranha on July 8, 2012 at 3:59 PM

I’ve bee ‘Galt ‘ since Oblahblah took over, some by choice, some not.

Rio Linda Refugee on July 8, 2012 at 4:02 PM

The last president was elected by those who were “in love” with him. How did that work out?

pgrossjr on July 8, 2012 at 3:20 PM

No, Obama was elected because of Race and the Democrats abandoned Hillary. Then the rest of the people of other races believed the lie of hope and change.

bluefox on July 8, 2012 at 4:02 PM

I wonder why that is?

idesign on July 8, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Because everybody hates you.

VegasRick on July 8, 2012 at 4:03 PM

workingclass artist on July 8, 2012 at 4:01 PM

while Reagan might have been a politican he was first and foremost a LEADER. which many mistake as being a skilled politican.

unseen on July 8, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Name one conservative topic that Boehner has lead the way on, instead of having been dragged there by the ring in his nose.

Difficultas_Est_Imperium on July 8, 2012 at 4:04 PM

VegasRick on July 8, 2012 at 3:40 PM

Okay. But, why is he laying back on Obama, when he attacked from the get-go during the primaries?

kingsjester on July 8, 2012 at 3:42 PM

I think he’s saving most of it for when people really pay attention…which is convention time.

Obama is already testing his attacks & Romney is being patient…rope a dope

workingclass artist on July 8, 2012 at 4:06 PM

We all better hope and pray he doesn’t lose to Obama. I really don’t want him to lose to Obama.

gryphon202 on July 8, 2012 at 3:52 PM

The lights of liberty are flickering now and if Obama wins, they’ll go dark and this great experiment in freedom, started 236 years ago, will be over. Something John Roberts didn’t even care about.

TxAnn56 on July 8, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Because everybody hates you.

VegasRick on July 8, 2012 at 4:03 PM

Yea, I saw that on an earler thread…LOL

idesign on July 8, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Something John Roberts didn’t even care about.

TxAnn56 on July 8, 2012 at 4:06 PM

no roberts cared enough about it to throw some more water on the flame to hurry its end.

unseen on July 8, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Thank you! To reiterate, I am stating my concern for Romney’s governing philosophy as a matter of fact. Don’t read too much into it, skidmarking rombots. Your fear of criticism betrays your knowledge of how weak your candidate is.

gryphon202 on July 8, 2012 at 3:30 PM

I was a Gingrich supporter from the get-go, however I would have dropped him like a hot potato had Palin decided to run.

You don’t see any rah rah Romney from me, but you also don’t see me running him down. You’ve made it clear numerous times that although you’ll vote for him you have concern for Romney’s “governing philosophy.”

What I can’t understand is why you feel it necessary to repeat it over and over, unless your purpose is to demoralize the troops, so to speak.

I’m not sure if you’re aware of it, but there’s more than just “skidmarking rombots” who read these comments. There’s dozens of first-time voters who come to Hot Air every day to become educated and informed about the politicians and the issues.

4 that I personally know of did so just last week. One of those told me that after seeing the bickering, arguing and name calling here among commenters that she has decided she’s not even going to bother to vote this November.

I’m trying to change her mind, but to an 18 yr old who is only now becoming interested in politics, first impressions are hard to erase.

Flora Duh on July 8, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Too bad we have so many to still trust them after all these years. There are either new leaders in GOP Congress or we’re dead.

riddick on July 8, 2012 at 3:27 PM

That’s why we need everyone to vote. Check out what Senate seats are up for election in your State and House as well and vote a Conservative in. That is how Boehner and McConnell can be replaced.

bluefox on July 8, 2012 at 4:11 PM

workingclass artist on July 8, 2012 at 4:01 PM

unseen on July 8, 2012 at 4:04 PM

To become an effective leader you must first hone the craft of skilled politics…otherwise your parade is a parade of few.

Principles we learned from the Greeks and the Romans.

Reagan was not from a military background (The traditional leadership training ground or a dynastic background…something Churchill used with great skill)

This makes Reagan’s political skill all the more admirable as he was a classic self made politician with natural leadership skills and governing ability.

workingclass artist on July 8, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Remember when the GOP stood for something and actually gave us reasons to vote FOR them? Rather than just “vote for us because we aren’t the other guy!”

FAIL FAIL FAIL

HondaV65 on July 8, 2012 at 3:35 PM

I vote whenever the doors are open. Local/County/State/National.
I don’t need anything to vote FOR(although that’s nice) because there are always issues to vote AGAINST!!

Hope everyone does the same.

bluefox on July 8, 2012 at 4:17 PM

workingclass artist on July 8, 2012 at 4:12 PM

disagree. Leaders draw people to their cause. politics is how a leader transforms his ideas into actions. Politics have nothing to do with getting the parade going or having people show up for it in the first place. Politics is the tool used by leaders to advance their agends once they are leading. It is not how you become a leader.

whihc is why we have these nonames like Obama and the speaker and Mitt being our leaders today. they are not and never will be leaders but they are all skilled politicians. those that can not lead learn politics much like those that can not do teach.

unseen on July 8, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Ceck this out.

Schadenfreude on July 8, 2012 at 3:21 PM

Bookmarked it, thanks

bluefox on July 8, 2012 at 4:20 PM

You want a leader not an executive. Reagan was a leader of men.

unseen on July 8, 2012 at 3:19 PM

bluefox on July 8, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Both are important.

Obama has been a great leader for his liberal extremists…but has no executive skills & lacks the ability to be a leader for the nation.

The POTUS governs the nation as a whole and must engage in policy that benefits the nation as a whole.

Governors understand through executive experience how to engage a legislative body that is oppositional & form policy and execute authority of the executive office. They also know how to build a competent administration.

workingclass artist on July 8, 2012 at 4:21 PM

gryphon202 on July 8, 2012 at 3:52 PM

I do not see Mitt as much different than Obama.

To me they seem very much alike. Even Mitts spokesman when he won Hawaii said. “I do not want to talk about Obama. Obama is doing a great job.”

Sorry but if you think the current Bozo in office is doing a great job I really have to question your intelligence. This man is still his spokesman. Do you think Obama is doing a great job?

I see only negatives for the Republican Party if Mitt wins this. He will be far worse than GW and GW lost both houses for us by big margins. We are better off with permanent control of the House than temporary control of the House and Presidency but no real control of the Senate. I have almost no doubt Mitt would lose the House for us in 2014. Not hardly worth it.

Obama will have neither the House or Senate and come 2016 we should be able to get both with 60 in the Senate. Then we can possibly do something worth while.

Steveangell on July 8, 2012 at 4:21 PM

workingclass artist on July 8, 2012 at 4:21 PM

And that’s how RomneyCare was born….

idesign on July 8, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Isn’t it strange that he attacked members of his own party harder than he’s attacking Obama?

Who told him to back off?

kingsjester on July 8, 2012 at 3:38 PM

Whatever group “selected” him is my guess. Rove?

bluefox on July 8, 2012 at 4:23 PM

gryphon202 on July 8, 2012 at 3:30 PM

agreed…although just for the record I was and am a Perry supporter…But will vote for Romney

workingclass artist on July 8, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Palin>Perry>Gingrich>Romney(orange can) here:-)

bluefox on July 8, 2012 at 4:25 PM

workingclass artist on July 8, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Obama hasn’t been a leader in any shape and/or form. Even his “liberal extremists” are fractured. If Obama would have been a “great leader” the marxist revolution would be complete and 2010 would never have happened. there have been good leaders and evil leader sin history. Obama doesn’t even rise from the bottom of the pack.

You want to look for a present day leader. Look at Scott Walker. And while I don’t like the man personally Christie shows some good leadership quailites.

unseen on July 8, 2012 at 4:26 PM

unseen on July 8, 2012 at 4:17 PM

To draw people to any cause…you must first persuade.

Persuasion is the foundation of the craft of politics…Leadership is the resulting position from the successful execution of skilled persuasion used with authority and confidence

workingclass artist on July 8, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Flora Duh on July 8, 2012 at 4:10 PM

It is healthy to see both sides. Though you are right the Mitt bots really should stop the name calling. I would say all should but it is really only Mitt bots that do this. They can not defend Mitt as he is indefensible so resort to name calling.

Most 18 year olds do not vote those that do rely on others they trust for guidance though they are more conservative having seen the down side of liberal policies. I think they can handle debate here quite well.

The problem is the candidate. Mitt is simply indefensible as a Republican Candidate. Mitt is the problem not any kind of a solution.

Steveangell on July 8, 2012 at 4:30 PM

And that’s how RomneyCare was born….

idesign on July 8, 2012 at 4:23 PM

rofl…so true. Leaders don’t “work with the opposition” they bring the opposition to their side. or if that is immpossible they sideline them enough so that their vocie is small and cares no weight.

unseen on July 8, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Steveangell on July 8, 2012 at 3:49 PM

Right now and until the Convention, it’s America (Romney) vs Obama Steveangell. That is your choice and no bashing Romney is going to change it. We all know he’s not a Conservative and we know his faults.

If the Media, that is our real enemy had done their job Obama would not have been elected. Ever think of that?

bluefox on July 8, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Steveangell on July 8, 2012 at 4:21 PM

By 2016 this country will be 60% on the govt bribe. It will all be over.

VegasRick on July 8, 2012 at 4:31 PM

And that’s how RomneyCare was born….

idesign on July 8, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Yes and folks in Mass wanted it.

I live in Texas…and Texans voted for instate tuition.

But we didn’t cram it down any other state’s throat…that would Calfornia & New York’s job.

Obama et,al. seized an opportunity to exploit Romneycare when they could with swimcoach Teddy cheering them from his hospital bed…no big surprise there.

workingclass artist on July 8, 2012 at 4:32 PM

So we’re mad at Boehner for being honest?

For once, he’s dead on.

newtopia on July 8, 2012 at 12:41 PM

He had to be about this, tho? ;)

kim roy on July 8, 2012 at 4:32 PM

Are you sure about that? She had/has a hard time keeping the Tea Party Caucus that she herself set up in line. She named herself Chair and many are not pleased with her over that.

bluefox on July 8, 2012 at 3:22 PM

…that takes ba11s doesn’t it?

KOOLAID2 on July 8, 2012 at 3:54 PM

My point of view is that it took EGO and lot’s of it. I don’t want my Rep answering to Bachmann and or her Tea Party Caucus since she tries to have them vote her way. The House Reps answers to their Constituents. She brought in the Tea Party Patriots to meet with her behind closed doors. Why?

bluefox on July 8, 2012 at 4:36 PM

To draw people to any cause…you must first persuade.

workingclass artist on July 8, 2012 at 4:26 PM

disagree. To draw people to a cause you must LEAD. Thus the term LEADER. to get your cause enacted you must be a skilled politician. But being a leader and leadership has nothing to do with getting your agenda enacted nor using “skilled persuasion with authority and confidence” Leadership is being confident of your ideaolgy. Of knowing what you want and where you want to take the nation/state/group. It is having a vision and the charisma to gather the people into your vision and make ity their vision.

What you are describing is what the Chief of Staff does or should be doing. For chief of Staff you was a CEO for President you want a leader.

unseen on July 8, 2012 at 4:37 PM

bluefox on July 8, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Think I am being clear.

Romney is simply a horrible choice and would do far more harm than good to the Republican Party.

A short time Yea we beat him but long time problems for the Party as a whole.

Fact is Romney can not possibly pass what is needed in 2012 any way. If Republicans stuck it out they could even force Obama to get rid of Obama Care by refusing any Debt limit increase or Budget without getting rid of it.

Fact is it is very unlikely Romney would get rid of Obama Care. Even if he did he would replace it with something just as bad. I see nothing good coming from a Romney Presidency and a lot of bad. We would lose the House and Senate in 2014 with him. With out him we increase majorities in both 2014 and 2016.

Steveangell on July 8, 2012 at 4:40 PM

bluefox on July 8, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Were he not a politician he never would have been able to accomplish the things that he did. Of course the communists that he had to deal with were not in Congress.

Rio Linda Refugee on July 8, 2012 at 3:59 PM

Oh, I know what you mean. I just meant that to me he was an American first and entered politics for a just cause. Unlike many today:-) Unjust motives result in unjust actions.

bluefox on July 8, 2012 at 4:41 PM

workingclass artist on July 8, 2012 at 4:21 PM

unseen on July 8, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Really?

I’m not confusing leadership with partisan preferences or quality.

I am stating a fact.

Obama was able to marshal the vote and turn voters against the only popular president the other side had…Clinton.

This is a fact.

His party is fracturing because his leadership abilities are limited to campaigning…not governing.

I didn’t say he was an effective leader for his side…in fact he will likely destroy his own party.

Maybe that is leading from behind…Bill Clinton sees it.

workingclass artist on July 8, 2012 at 4:42 PM

unseen on July 8, 2012 at 4:37 PM

You say Tomahto…and I say tomato

workingclass artist on July 8, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Oh? The whole “it doesn’t matter, they’ll vote for him anyway” doesn’t bother you in the least, eh? To be written off as a statistical blip? It is precisely this kind of attitude coming from a presidential campaign and its supporters and surrogates that causes me to worry about what Mitt Romney may do after he achieves the presidency.

gryphon202

I really don’t know what you are getting at? You are projecting the idea that I don’t care how Romney will govern. I never said that. Weird. My whole point was to address the situation that Boehner found himself in. I don’t like people who love politicians or want to love them. SHeesh.

JAM on July 8, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Difficultas_Est_Imperium on July 8, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Exactly. Boehner and McConnell need to GO !!

Rand Paul or Tom Coburn for Majority Leader.

Paul Ryan or Alan West for Speaker.

other suggestions?

KenInIL on July 8, 2012 at 4:46 PM

I live in Texas…and Texans voted for instate tuition.

workingclass artist on July 8, 2012 at 4:32 PM

Bad example.

Yes you do cram it down our throats.

Perry called us heartless for disagreeing. It lost him the nomination. Now Romney is trying to cram it down our throats.

Once again we will just say NO. HELL NO.

One more reason Mitt has no chance of winning.

Steveangell on July 8, 2012 at 4:47 PM

I live in Texas…and Texans voted for instate tuition.

workingclass artist on July 8, 2012 at 4:32 PM

Actually it was passed in the cover of darkness by the legislature and people didn’t vote for it or have a say in it.

TxAnn56 on July 8, 2012 at 4:48 PM

TxAnn56 on July 8, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Thanks thanks for that clarification…:)

idesign on July 8, 2012 at 4:54 PM

I don’t like people who love politicians or want to love them. SHeesh.

JAM on July 8, 2012 at 4:46 PM

No matter who Romney is…He will govern better than Obama.

Obama hates the history of the American Nation & this is a fundamental character flaw (One of many) that distorts every single decision he makes.

Obama exploits this to divide Americans at every level.

No matter how I disagree with Romney he does not have this particular character flaw in his makeup & that alone will be better than what is happening and has been happening in this country.

workingclass artist on July 8, 2012 at 4:55 PM

You want a leader not an executive. Reagan was a leader of men.

unseen on July 8, 2012 at 3:19 PM

bluefox on July 8, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Both are important.

workingclass artist on July 8, 2012 at 4:21 PM

I agree with all you say EXCEPT Obama is not a leader. He does what he is told and says what he is told. That he has no “executive” experience is an understatement:-) An actor from Hollywood could put on a better performance and wouldn’t need a Teleprompter. These are my opinions of course.

bluefox on July 8, 2012 at 4:55 PM

This is a fact.

workingclass artist on July 8, 2012 at 4:42 PM

You are not entitled to your own facts.

Obama did not do this. Someone set Obama up because he was the only Black man available and they had tried a War Hero and a Man of God to win and both times lost. So first Black was the only way they saw that would possibly work.

Obama was simply in the right place at the right time. He deserves no credit for this what so ever.

Steveangell on July 8, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Willard paid for the entire party, which is why you have establishment figures like Boehner issuing such ringing endorsements for the non-movement non-leader with a non-base, neither a regional base as Romney cannot carry the state he was said to govern, nor an ideological base as the 2 principal ideological formations of the GOP coalition are lukewarm to his candidacy.

Cue the gibbering Willardists to remind me of the existential fact that Romney is not Obama, or to call me names and stuff.

casuist on July 8, 2012 at 3:36 PM

All true.

riddick on July 8, 2012 at 4:56 PM

TxAnn56 on July 8, 2012 at 4:48 PM

OK.

It’s also up for discussion in the next session I think?

workingclass artist on July 8, 2012 at 4:58 PM

bluefox on July 8, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Because she’s just as bad as Boehner and Co. Funny how she kept agreeing with Romney in all the debates, no doubt hopeful that she is going to get a cabinet post out of that. Have no idea how any freshmen House members even talk to her about TEA Party, she is far from representing anything about it.

riddick on July 8, 2012 at 5:00 PM

You want a leader not an executive. Reagan was a leader of men.

unseen on July 8, 2012 at 3:19 PM

Yea, that’s working out real well right now. No business experience is NOT the way to go. Geez.

VegasRick on July 8, 2012 at 3:22 PM

I agree with you Vegas Rick.

Romney has a lot to prove with a lot of posters here. He takes a strong stand about something and everyone says,”man he isn’t a mccain!” Then a couple of weeks later he is the devil incarnate.

I believe Romney has a lot of people looking at him and I don’t think he will let them down.

I’ve never heard that he was a bully or not engaged when he was gov of mass. Not an excuse but having a 85% or 95% dem congress must have been hard.

Bambi on July 8, 2012 at 5:01 PM

I’m not confusing leadership with partisan preferences or quality.

I am stating a fact.

This is a fact.

Maybe that is leading from behind…Bill Clinton sees it.

workingclass artist on July 8, 2012 at 4:42 PM

you make no sense at all first you say he was a great leader then you say Obama isn’t a great leader. It’s an either/or not both. Obama failed as POTUS because he didn’t lead “his party” in the defeat of Clinton. He won because he was the “not clinton candidate” Where many saw that Clinton and Bush were about the same as far as policies go. Sure he hoodwinked some people with his speeches but he never offered a vision to those people. He allowed the voters to believe and see in him what they wanted to see in him. that is not leading that is not bringing people to your cause. that is simply giving them hope and change. He never got people behind him. He simply was able to give people an oppurtunity to paint him as they wanted to paint him. Once he got elected that rosy self imposed imagine on voters minds vanished in a heartbeat and people started to see him by his actions. A crappy leader that gave a decent speech. Nothing more nothing less.

You then say he was a great campaigner or in other words a skilled politican but his leadership quailites wasn’t there which pretty much wins my argument. A skilled politican is totally different skill set from a great leader.

chamberlain was a skilled politican Churchhill was a great leader. Clinton was a skilled politican but he was unable to get over 50% of the people to follow him. Obama was a good speaker but could lead sheep to water. Bush was neither a skilled politician nor great leader and his terms will be not be remembered within 2 generations much like his father’s term is rarely remembered now only 25 years later.

unseen on July 8, 2012 at 5:01 PM

bluefox on July 8, 2012 at 4:55 PM

You are not entitled to your own facts.

Steveangell on July 8, 2012 at 4:55 PM

OK…How about we agree on this…

Obama is a colossal Pr*ck with no discernible admirable qualities who must be absolutely routed in November?

Lower the potential speaking fees of the lightbringer through an epic landslide and force him into a shameful obscurity?

workingclass artist on July 8, 2012 at 5:03 PM

You are not entitled to your own facts.

Steveangell on July 8, 2012 at 4:55 PM

But you are?

Fact is it is very unlikely Romney would get rid of Obama Care.

Steveangell on July 8, 2012 at 4:40 PM

A fact is not a “fact” until has been proven true or false.

Flora Duh on July 8, 2012 at 5:04 PM

I am looking past 2012 and fact is Romney would make it far worse in 2014 and 2016. Steveangell on July 8, 2012 at 4:40 PM

That is your problem, not looking at 2012!!

Can you understand if we don’t defeat Obama in 2012, there may not be a 2014/2016???????????????????????????????????

2012 is this Country’s only chance.

You don’t know what Romney can do or will do at this point. So there is no reason in trying to forecast the future about Obamacare.

bluefox on July 8, 2012 at 5:06 PM

unseen on July 8, 2012 at 5:01 PM

A great leader leads a nation…not just a faction.

That is what I meant & I never meant to imply Obama was a great leader, just that whatever “leadership skills” he had were limited to his 2008 primary campaign against Hillary Clinton.

But I’m done…you win…I suck

I will still vote for Romney & conservatives at every level.

workingclass artist on July 8, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Flora Duh on July 8, 2012 at 5:04 PM

I would say the hope is the more we get Mitt to run on the repeal of obamacare the more chance he will follow through on his promise. Breaking one of you major campaign promises in the first 100 days of your term is a sure way to get you the boot the next election.

unseen on July 8, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Fact is it is very unlikely Romney would get rid of Obama Care.

Steveangell on July 8, 2012 at 4:40 PM

A fact is not a “fact” until has been proven true or false.

Flora Duh on July 8, 2012 at 5:04 PM

It is unlikely. Romney has said regarding Obamacare…”So some similarities, some differences, and I hope we’re ultimately able to eliminate some of the differences, repeal the bad and keep the good.” Romney advisors have said they won’t repeal Obamacare and GOP leaders have said it will be very difficult to repeal.

Unlikely.

sharrukin on July 8, 2012 at 5:10 PM

bluefox on July 8, 2012 at 5:06 PM

I agree with that…Sometimes the office makes the man.

workingclass artist on July 8, 2012 at 5:10 PM

It would be nice to see some evidence that Romney, Boehner, and McConnell will talk to each other and try to agree on a coherent message.

Nomas on July 8, 2012 at 5:12 PM

Flora Duh on July 8, 2012 at 5:04 PM

unseen on July 8, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Conservative pressure from wins in both houses of congress,Governorships & state legislatures will help with that.

workingclass artist on July 8, 2012 at 5:12 PM

bluefox on July 8, 2012 at 4:36 PM

riddick on July 8, 2012 at 5:00 PM

Yes, I remember her being Romney’s attack dog in the debates. Regarding the Tea Party, she thought she would try to be the TP Queen on the back of all of the other local TP’s work. Sarah Palin has always been the leader of the Tea Party movement if anyone was.
MB was jealous of Palin and repaid Palin’s fundraising for her in Minnesota by allowing her Campaign Manager to bash Palin.

bluefox on July 8, 2012 at 5:15 PM

unseen on July 8, 2012 at 5:08 PM

I agree and he’ll be hearing from me weekly, if not daily, to make sure he remembers this.

Flora Duh on July 8, 2012 at 5:18 PM

No matter who Romney is…He will govern better than Obama.

Obama exploits this to divide Americans at every level.

workingclass artist on July 8, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Obama would deny this with a passion of course. But it is true.

In so far as Romney I see nothing that would make me think he would be better. His father was a huge fan of Saul Alinsky a Communist Sympathizer at a minimum. He loved North Vietnam saying we should just give them the South. They eventually got it and in short ordered murdered millions. He also sang the praises of the USSR. Mitt was his spokesman and interpreter so very much involved. Mitt put his fathers picture on his 2008 buss.

Mitt is also a Mormon. Joseph Smith tried to make Communism the law of the land twice calling it God’s United Order. Both times it failed but many in that church think it was just the wrong time. So it is possible Mitt Romney would see communism as an improvement for America.

But the real point is. Mitt is giving no clue what he would actually do. He just uses focus group driven items to try to guide us like sheep into voting for him. He says nothing of substance. So it is faith based on almost nothing to think he wants the old America back. He is not a Republican like most of us. If he even is a real Republican he is an ultra liberal one. I prefer to think of him as a Democrat posing as a Republican. It matches actions with words.

Steveangell on July 8, 2012 at 5:19 PM

bluefox on July 8, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Yep, I see it the same way.

idesign on July 8, 2012 at 5:20 PM

A great leader leads a nation…not just a faction.

workingclass artist on July 8, 2012 at 5:08 PM

a skilled politician breaks up a nation into several factions and sets them against each other in order to retain power.

unseen on July 8, 2012 at 5:20 PM

unseen on July 8, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Flora Duh on July 8, 2012 at 5:18 PM

He’ll be a little more likely to care than Obama.

CW on July 8, 2012 at 5:21 PM

unseen on July 8, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Flora Duh on July 8, 2012 at 5:18 PM

I doubt Mitt wants a second term.

One was enough in Mass.

Steveangell on July 8, 2012 at 5:22 PM

unseen on July 8, 2012 at 5:01 PM

You don’t talk to many bluedogs do you? Yes they do exist.

workingclass artist on July 8, 2012 at 5:22 PM

But the real point is. Mitt is giving no clue what he would actually do.
Steveangell on July 8, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Well according to your post he sure does. He will use Alinsky tactics to impose communism on the United States of America.

You really should go have a cracker Polly.

CW on July 8, 2012 at 5:23 PM

JAM on July 8, 2012 at 4:46 PM

No matter who Romney is…He will govern better than Obama.

Obama exploits this to divide Americans at every level.

workingclass artist on July 8, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Absolutely!! This division with class warfare, fair share economics is just a few of the things Romney would not do. It takes a lot of courage to run for President in today’s environment and I applaud all that do just for that reason alone.

bluefox on July 8, 2012 at 5:24 PM

workingclass artist on July 8, 2012 at 5:03 PM

LOL. I’m paying too many taxes here:-)

bluefox on July 8, 2012 at 5:26 PM

Steveangell on July 8, 2012 at 5:19 PM

And yet here we are.

2 choices.

Obama or Romney

workingclass artist on July 8, 2012 at 5:26 PM

I doubt Mitt wants a second term.

One was enough in Mass.

Steveangell on July 8, 2012 at 5:22 PM

If you don’t mind me saying so, I care very little about what you say, considering you’ve called something that hasn’t even happened yet a “fact.”

Flora Duh on July 8, 2012 at 5:27 PM

bluefox on July 8, 2012 at 5:06 PM

Time will stop. Funny.

No it is not Romney I know what the press will do to make sure the Republicans lose seats with a Republican President.

There is no way on Gods green earth Romney will keep them from assuring big Republican losses. The base hates Romney and he is not even reaching out to them he is just like Obama. I WON now vote for me or I will call you names.

Trust me in 2014 and 2016 it will matter. We will make it till then and with Obama as President we will pick up more seats in each election.

Steveangell on July 8, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Come on, don’t start picking on details.

Boehner got it 100% right in the core of his message: this election is about Obama.

99% don’t care who his opponent is as long as we get rid of Obama.

huntingmoose on July 8, 2012 at 5:29 PM

unseen on July 8, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Flora Duh on July 8, 2012 at 5:18 PM

I doubt if they would have the nerve to not repeal Obamacare & do everything in their power to do so.

They would have Tea Party buses/trains/airplanes landing in D.C.:-)

bluefox on July 8, 2012 at 5:30 PM

Flora Duh on July 8, 2012 at 5:27 PM

Fine.

You already got shot down on this but once again every word matters.

Fact is it is unlikely. Remains true even if the unlikely event happens.

You do not even argue that is is likely Romney will fully end Obama Care because you know that he will not do so. Thus it is unlikely as I said.

Steveangell on July 8, 2012 at 5:32 PM

unseen on July 8, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Flora Duh on July 8, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Ha-Ha (my tax bill is increasing by the “other”) I don’t mean to brag but I run a very mean Fax machine/phone/email protest:-)
We’ll have a blog just for that and join forces!!

bluefox on July 8, 2012 at 5:35 PM

99% don’t care who his opponent is as long as we get rid of Obama.

huntingmoose on July 8, 2012 at 5:29 PM

He is 70% wrong at best.

Most people I talk to that even want Obama gone want him replaced with someone who will stop the reckless spending that is killing us. Only 9% approve of Congress.

Your 99% figure is just silly.

Steveangell on July 8, 2012 at 5:35 PM

Boehner is right although could have said it more artfully. 2010 was a rejection election. I don’t care why anybody pulls the lever for Romney. Basically it’s for the same reason you push the flush lever.

bluesdoc70 on July 8, 2012 at 5:36 PM

Steveangell on July 8, 2012 at 5:28 PM

And by then if not stopped in 2013 it will be too late and the damage will be too extreme.

CW on July 8, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Fine.

You already got shot down on this but once again every word matters.

Fact is it is unlikely. Remains true even if the unlikely event happens.

Steveangell on July 8, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Fact is I deal in reality, not what ifs or what might happen. Until something has been proven to be true or false, it is not a fact, just an assumption/opinion.

Flora Duh on July 8, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Steveangell on July 8, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Romney said Repeal and replace Obamacare in his speech.

What we don’t know is whether this is campaign rhetoric to entice independents…or actual policy intention.

workingclass artist on July 8, 2012 at 5:37 PM

bluefox on July 8, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Yep, I see it the same way.

idesign on July 8, 2012 at 5:20 PM

I think all Palin supporters understand better than others what really went on:-)

bluefox on July 8, 2012 at 5:37 PM

We’ll have a blog just for that and join forces!!

bluefox on July 8, 2012 at 5:35 PM

I look forward to it.

Flora Duh on July 8, 2012 at 5:38 PM

unseen on July 8, 2012 at 5:01 PM

You don’t talk to many bluedogs do you? Yes they do exist.

workingclass artist on July 8, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Blue dogs? When I was working with a group against Obamacare, we called them Red Dogs:-) They were Pelosi’s pets. Not many left which is a good thing.

bluefox on July 8, 2012 at 5:40 PM

You really should go have a cracker Polly.

CW on July 8, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Ha-Ha I think he’s confused:-)

bluefox on July 8, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Come on, don’t start picking on details.

99% don’t care who his opponent is as long as we get rid of Obama.

huntingmoose on July 8, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Maybe so, but Boehner is still a pest. He talks a lot, but never walks his talk. He’s a “Speaker’ allright:-) What we need is a Mover and a Shaker!!

bluefox on July 8, 2012 at 5:45 PM

bluefox on July 8, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Yep, I see it the same way.

idesign on July 8, 2012 at 5:20 PM

I remember when Palin and her supporters trashed the governor of Texas when he jumped in the race…and he’s never said anything but kind and respectful things about her & was one of the first prominent republican politicians (Leader of the RGA) to defend her in an interview (called her the face of the republican party) after she quit the governorship of Alaska.

See how that works?

Sheeeesh!

workingclass artist on July 8, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Romney said Repeal and replace Obamacare in his speech.

workingclass artist on July 8, 2012 at 5:37 PM

I doubt angell will read it because it probably doesn’t support his fact, but included in this article are some of the steps Romney says he plans to do about healthcare.

Regardless of what angell says, we won’t know them to be “fact” until he’s elected and either does them or not. I do know that I’d rather take the chance that he will repeal the Obamatax, than get stuck with the boy king again who has already stated that as far as he’s concerned, it’s here to stay.

Flora Duh on July 8, 2012 at 5:47 PM

By 2016 this country will be 60% on the govt bribe. It will all be over.

VegasRick on July 8, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Yeah; honestly, I think it’s already over and well too late, but 2016 is *well* beyond the point of no return.

Midas on July 8, 2012 at 5:50 PM

99% don’t care who his opponent is as long as we get rid of Obama.

huntingmoose on July 8, 2012 at 5:29 PM

I understand this – and on another level it scares the hell outta me.

Midas on July 8, 2012 at 5:53 PM

Steveangell on July 8, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Fact is you are not supporting either, Romney or 0. Or have the facts changed yet again?

Bmore on July 8, 2012 at 5:55 PM

We’ll have a blog just for that and join forces!!

bluefox on July 8, 2012 at 5:35 PM

I look forward to it.

Flora Duh on July 8, 2012 at 5:38 PM

We’ll have to think of a good name. Our Military serves abroad and we Patriots need to serve at home. I probably have copies of what we sent that is larger than the Obamacare bill!! I was full time on two separate blogs. Greta had one that I was on, but she disbanded it.

bluefox on July 8, 2012 at 5:57 PM

Romney said Repeal and replace Obamacare in his speech.

workingclass artist on July 8, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Yes and Romney never ever lies.

Only got money from two agencies for the Olympics. Yet in 2002 he made it clear he got money from every agency even a million from the Department of Education.

Sure you got that Clinton tax cut. The Obama deficit reduction by 50%.

Most do not feel repeal is even possible on his first day. His adviser made it clear that was not going to happen and got fired. Yet Romney hired a man that specializes in implementing Obama Care for his staff. His actions speak clearly he has no intention of repealing Obama Care. Yet if he says this he loses any chance of winning thus he lies about it. Pay attention to all his actions they speak louder than his words and they speak loudly. I will not repeal Obama Care unless forced to. I will not be forced to.

Steveangell on July 8, 2012 at 5:59 PM

DUMP MITT IN TAMPA !!!!!

Eph on July 8, 2012 at 6:00 PM

workingclass artist on July 8, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Funny, I googled Palin trashes Perry and nothing comes up..:)

Link?

idesign on July 8, 2012 at 6:01 PM

When you surround yourself with “Jazz Show-ish” and “Athiest-pundit-ish” type staffers people are going to say these things about you. Even coming from your own party. Once a RINO always a RINO.

Eph on July 8, 2012 at 6:02 PM