Quotes of the day

posted at 8:31 pm on July 7, 2012 by Allahpundit

As the Obama campaign and its allies continue to spend millions of dollars casting Mitt Romney as an “outsourcing pioneer” — a message that could cut to the very core of his record as a businessman — some Republicans are beginning to grumble that their nominee is making the classic mistake of modern politics in letting the attacks go unanswered

The Romney campaign’s response so far has been muted. The campaign has pushed back against Obama’s attacks largely through press releases and dismissive comments, but they have yet to invest serious ad money to directly combat the hardening narrative.

It’s a move that has left some in the Republican elite, already displeased with the campaign’s flat-footed response to the Obamacare ruling, confused. Several have noted that this is how John Kerry lost in 2004 — by waiting too long to start debunking an opposition message that undermined a key part of his record (in his case, his status as a Vietnam veteran).

***

Romney can’t change his record, and Obamacare won’t stop being an issue. But could Romney at least partially reconcile the two by admitting that Romneycare was a bad idea?

It would certainly make Romney’s case more consistent; he could promise to end Obamacare without also having to explain himself. He would also bring his position in line with that of most Republican voters. But it might also be an unmitigated disaster, the most damaging flip-flop ever for a candidate known to change positions.

In the end, it’s almost impossible to imagine Romney would do it. When he talks about health care, there’s always a certain bravado — he has said he just can’t wait to engage Barack Obama in one-on-one debate over health care — that conceals the weakness of his position. He’s come too far to back down now, and odds are he will win or lose without ever admitting that Romneycare was the wrong thing to do.

***

[W]hat are voters to think when they hear the GOP nominee say, as he did yesterday to CBS’s Jan Crawford, “As long as I continue to speak about the economy, I’m going to win”? That they’re dopes who don’t know the economy’s bad, but as long as the Romney campaign keeps instructing them that it is bad, they’ll react correctly and vote the incumbent out of office?

The economy is of course important. But voters want to hear what Romney is going to do about the economy. He can “speak about” how bad the economy is all he wants—though Americans are already well aware of the economy’s problems—but doesn’t the content of what Romney has to say matter? What is his economic growth agenda? His deficit reform agenda? His health care reform agenda? His tax reform agenda? His replacement for Dodd-Frank? No need for any of that, I suppose the Romney campaign believes. Just need to keep on “speaking about the economy.”

***

Presidential races once measured by the hundreds of millions of dollars are now gauged by the billion. That shift has prompted hand-wringing, particularly among Obama supporters, that lackluster funding could doom the campaign. But the heavy emphasis on fundraising masks one key fact: Money means less in a presidential race than in its down-ballot cousins, at least when so much of it is sure to be spent…

“Money has a lot more impact in a race where there isn’t a lot of information out there,” said Kristen Soltis, a GOP consultant. “If I’m running against you for dogcatcher and you can outspend me 2- or 3-to-1, that’s a problem. But … it’s highly unlikely there will be many voters at the end confused about what Barack Obama believes, what Mitt Romney believes.”…

Messages also are more tightly controlled by the candidates themselves — a problem for outside groups that can’t legally coordinate with them. That dilemma could be a particular concern to Republicans, because their better-funded outside group apparatus will likely spend more on the general election than Romney himself.

***

“Obamacare cuts Medicare — cuts Medicare — by approximately $500 billion,” Mr. Romney has told audiences.

That is a reprise of Republicans’ mantra of the 2010 midterm elections, which gave them big gains at both the state and federal levels and a majority in the House. Yet the message conflicts not only with their past complaint that Democrats opposed reining in Medicare spending, but also with the fact that House Republicans have voted twice since 2010 for the same 10-year, $500 billion savings in supporting Mr. Ryan’s annual budgets.

The result is a messaging mess, even by the standards of each party’s usual election-year attacks that the other is being insufficiently supportive of older people’s benefits.

***

Obama runs even with, or slightly ahead of, Republican rival Mitt Romney in poll after poll. Campaign strategists debate the reasons.

They might include Obama’s personal likability, gaps in Romney’s strategy or Americans’ grudging acceptance of a new normal in which millions of jobs are gone for good and no single person is responsible.

If high unemployment “was a killer, he’d already be dead,” said Republican pollster and consultant Mike McKenna. “The survey data tells you he’s not dead.”

There’s a problem with applying historical precedents and conventional wisdom to Obama. He sometimes defies them.

***

Click the image to watch.

***

Via the Daily Caller.

***

Via Mediaite.

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Don’t mind if I do.

Bmore on July 7, 2012 at 9:12 PM

@2:14

John the Libertarian on July 7, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Hmmmm, adults dressin up in costumes pretending to be furry little animals, that’s a Texas thang aint it… ;p

SWalker on July 7, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Uh, pretending to be furry little animals ain’t the main purpose. It’s quite a bit sleazier than that, and if ALT reads this thread she might get royally pi$$ed off.

But that’s only if she reads the thread …

platypus on July 7, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Your point has been made..

Electrongod on July 7, 2012 at 11:23 PM

That was a “Hats off to ya” ….

It didn’t come out that way…
When I re-read it..

Electrongod on July 7, 2012 at 11:24 PM

LOL! Thanks for the clarification — I was puzzled there & would *never* have figured it out. :-)

Dark Star on July 7, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Dark Star on July 7, 2012 at 11:34 PM

LOL..

I knew you would..

It’s those trolls…
I had to be on record…

Where are they?

Electrongod on July 7, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Dark Star on July 7, 2012 at 11:34 PM

It would be OK – half the time he isn’t sure about what he writes anyway. :)

platypus on July 7, 2012 at 11:37 PM

SWalker on July 7, 2012 at 11:30 PM

ALyT’s a yankee transplant.

I will burn for that if she ever finds out.

I wish you’d get that nic link fixed. I’d like to comment.

Bmore on July 7, 2012 at 11:32 PM

I’m workin’ on it as fast as I can. Though, its not just in my hands any more.

cozmo on July 7, 2012 at 11:39 PM

I actually think Romney has to walk a fine line at this point in the campaign. Yes, it’s vacation season and a large percentage of voters are checked out (physically or politically). I don’t agree with the pundits that Mitt has to jump on every false allegation ASAP. It would become all consuming and is probably what O’s campaign desires.

I do, however, fear that enough people are paying attention (particularly in swing states) that Mitt cannot afford to allow the O team to define him. Too many polls say that voters simply do not know much about Mitt. Don’t let the enemy define you.

That said, stay on message about the economy, OCare, government spending, and buy a few strategically placed ad spots “introducing” Mitt and drawing contrasts between our Socialist in Chief and the challenger.

4Grace on July 7, 2012 at 11:42 PM

I was wondering if that LGF guy was still a fluffin nutter.

Oh yeah. Even more so than several years ago. That whole site would make some psych student a great thesis project.

No one ever mentions it.

SparkPlug on July 7, 2012 at 11:16 PM

It’s not really nice to poke fun at the insane. But, if you want to point fingers an laugh, head over to the Diary of Daedalus

AZfederalist on July 7, 2012 at 11:42 PM

It would be OK – half the time he isn’t sure about what he writes anyway. :)

platypus on July 7, 2012 at 11:37 PM

?

Electrongod on July 7, 2012 at 11:43 PM

John the Libertarian

I want to make Christmas tree ornaments out of all the Grateful Dead’s skull art.

Bmore on July 7, 2012 at 11:43 PM

ALyT’s a yankee transplant.

I will burn for that if she ever finds out.

cozmo on July 7, 2012 at 11:39 PM

You are very brave.

*waits for the wrestling match*

SparkPlug on July 7, 2012 at 11:44 PM

?

Electrongod on July 7, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Oh sheeesh. It was a nonsensical statement with lipstick to make it look like a deep meaning was within. Sort of like a typical drunk comment on a Saturday night.

You fell for it – sorry about that.

platypus on July 7, 2012 at 11:48 PM

AZfederalist on July 7, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Thanks for that link. Diary of Daedalus is hilarious. It must really irritate CJ’s sensitive rectal tissues to be mocked every day.

SparkPlug on July 7, 2012 at 11:52 PM

SparkPlug on July 7, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Evening. What’s the frequency, Kenneth?

4Grace on July 7, 2012 at 11:53 PM

SparkPlug on July 7, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Oh, they don’t mock Chunkels the Clown every day there, just every hour of every day… ;p

SWalker on July 7, 2012 at 11:54 PM

You fell for it – sorry about that.

platypus on July 7, 2012 at 11:48 PM

So a simple…
“?”
Means I fell for it..

I got more out of you with that simple “?”…

Electrongod on July 7, 2012 at 11:54 PM

sensitive rectal tissues

SparkPlug on July 7, 2012 at 11:52 PM

OMG that is spewing-on-the-monitor funny.

platypus on July 7, 2012 at 11:56 PM

You fell for it – sorry about that.

platypus on July 7, 2012 at 11:48 PM

So a simple…
“?”
Means I fell for it..

I got more out of you with that simple “?”…

Electrongod on July 7, 2012 at 11:54 PM

ROTFLMAO… So, who is the Bishie, and who is the Bisher… ;P

SWalker on July 7, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Remember Kevin Madden??? This move by Team Romney doesn’t make sense.

The Romney campaign is trying to give off the appearance that they are getting their camp in order to settle the stomachs of GOP donors. Perhaps elevating an individual, who is known to many base Conservatives as an under-handed, trash-talking opportunist, isn’t the best way to go about that. In fact, you might consider that a “politically dumb” move.

Fallon on July 7, 2012 at 11:57 PM

*waits for the wrestling match*

SparkPlug on July 7, 2012 at 11:44 PM

*rummages for kevlar helmet and jacket*

*pops pop-corn*

Laura in Maryland on July 7, 2012 at 11:57 PM

So, instead, the pundits turned around & ignored all they did to tear Palin down with some of the worst sexist cr*p I’ve ever seen in my life (and that was after watching what I thought was the worst sexist cr*p I had ever seen in my life get directed at Hillary Clinton during the Dem. primary) & laid the loss entirely at Palin’s feet, in a final, hypocritical, cynical “blame the woman” bit of sexist cr*p.

Dark Star on July 7, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Everyone on the Left, every Democrat, and every establishment Republican realized that Palin represented a reform movement that would end the gravy train for all of the members of the Political Class. Romney is about as establishment Republican as you can get, and the hostility toward Palin and the harboring on his campaign staff of the anti-Palin geniuses who “helped” McCain is a tell. Don’t doubt for a second that the Republican old guard hates and fears Palin and the Tea Party. If we take back the White House and the Senate, we will have another battle on our hands, and our opponents will be establishment Republicans who don’t want real change, but only to take the places of the Democrats sucking the gravy from the trough.

novaculus on July 7, 2012 at 11:57 PM

So a simple…
“?”
Means I fell for it..

I got more out of you with that simple “?”…

Electrongod on July 7, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Uh-oh. I just knew I should have stayed on the porch with the fancy dogs. Nice return – I tip my hat to you.

platypus on July 7, 2012 at 11:58 PM

The GOP will betray you!..:)
The GOPe will betray you!..For the true cons..:)

Dire Straits on July 7, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Gotta love it. Here we see “we will”, “we might”, “I pray”……surely somebody at the Mitt camp or the RNC is manning the hot line. Surely they hear the cry. Surely they have a war-room brief on how to roll out the offensive against the Democrats tomorrow.

Surely.

Shirley.

Limerick on July 8, 2012 at 12:01 AM

SparkPlug on July 7, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Laura in Maryland on July 7, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Voyeurs…

I have a hard time bashing LGF. The place went nuts, but for a long time it was the place.

I’ll leave y’all with this.

cozmo on July 8, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Dire Straits on July 7, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Dave won’t betray you. He’ll just forget who you are. :)

4Grace on July 8, 2012 at 12:02 AM

The GOP will betray you!..:)
The GOPe will betray you!..For the true cons..:)

Dire Straits on July 7, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Is it just betrayal, or a total screw over?

Bmore on July 8, 2012 at 12:03 AM

platypus on July 7, 2012 at 11:58 PM

That’s all I got to say…

Electrongod on July 8, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Dave won’t betray you. He’ll just forget who you are. :)

4Grace on July 8, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Hello friend!..:)

PS..Where is Dave!..:)

Dire Straits on July 8, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Good Night cozmo, Sleep Well. Get the link fixed. I want to comment. ; )

Bmore on July 8, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Is it just betrayal, or a total screw over?

Bmore on July 8, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Depends on who you ask??..:)

Dire Straits on July 8, 2012 at 12:05 AM

The Democrats find just enough votes to put Rangel over the top!

Old Joe Kennedy and longtime Halliburton Sugar Daddy Lyndon Johnson are raising a toast…

Del Dolemonte on July 8, 2012 at 12:05 AM

John the Libertarian on July 7, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Nice Tune..:)

Dire Straits on July 8, 2012 at 12:06 AM

TxAnn56 on July 7, 2012 at 11:29 PM

We are due to get some storms coming south from Lake Erie tomorrow that will snap this heat wave in half, I hope.

This afternoon it was threatening looking, then there was a halfhearted thunderclap and about 37 seconds of rain, which did absolutely nothing to alleviate the humidity.

When it’s this hot and humid, I don’t even bother doing anything to my hair beyond toweling it dry and brushing it into place. It’s wavy enough to be annoying in any case, and it’s going to go whichever way it wants to no matter what I do. :)

PatriotGal2257 on July 8, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Bmore on July 8, 2012 at 12:05 AM

It never did have comments. And even if the new one goes big time it won’t have comments either. That stuff is hard work and I have too many other things to do.

cozmo on July 8, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Obama’s toast, not there’s anything wrong with that.

TXUS on July 8, 2012 at 12:08 AM

The GOP will betray you!..:)
The GOPe will betray you!..For the true cons..:)

Dire Straits on July 7, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Dude…Thumbs up
We are on our own…

Electrongod on July 8, 2012 at 12:08 AM

From the land of Björk:

Of Monsters and Men Little Talks.

‘Night all.

Fallon on July 8, 2012 at 12:09 AM

PS..Where is Dave!..:)

Dire Straits on July 8, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Dave’s not here man…

SWalker on July 8, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Depends on who you ask??..:)

Dire Straits on July 8, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Excellent comment. ; )

Bmore on July 8, 2012 at 12:09 AM

4Grace on July 7, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Don’t let the enemy define you.

False narratives are Axelrod’s specialty.

novaculus on July 8, 2012 at 12:10 AM

cozmo on July 7, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Van the Man

bayview on July 8, 2012 at 12:10 AM

‘Night all.

Fallon on July 8, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Take care…

Electrongod on July 8, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Conservative pundits have joined the MSM in lock-step carrying the water for BHO.

I’ve never attended a Romney speech but know he will cut taxes and regulations, repeal Obamatax and Dodd/Frank, cut spending, protect the borders, build the Keystone pipeline, protect gun rights. He wouldn’t golf every chance he gets or throw trillions down a rat hole and call it a ‘stimulus’. He won’t bow and apologize to dictators, support partial birth abortions or end religious liberty.

He’ll visit Israel. H-e-l-l-o! What are the Rhino media waiting for – a song and dance?

HellCat on July 8, 2012 at 12:11 AM

novaculus on July 7, 2012 at 11:57 PM

This.

There is no doubt that we absolutely must win the White House, keep the House, and win the Senate in 2012; the very survival of the Republic depends upon it, and that is not hyperbole but stone cold truth.

However, although Romney is the guy who will take the White House, the right cannot sleep, he will have to be watched, prodded, and pushed every day. The right is not his natural state and we need to remember that. We don’t want another Harriet Meyers nomination or John Roberts appointment. We won’t be able to rest easy with Romney in the White House, but at least we will be able to rest secure knowing Romney is not going to be deliberately attempting to destroy the country.

AZfederalist on July 8, 2012 at 12:11 AM

cozmo on July 8, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Oh, thats okay, I don’t care if you read them. ; )

Bmore on July 8, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Good Night Fallon, Pleasant Dreams.

Bmore on July 8, 2012 at 12:12 AM

PatriotGal2257 on July 8, 2012 at 12:06 AM

My ex-wife had hair like that and it got me so hot & bothered I’d crawl and beg.

platypus on July 8, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Obama’s toast, not there’s anything wrong with that.

TXUS on July 8, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Nope, nothing wrong with that at all. :)

4Grace on July 8, 2012 at 12:13 AM

We are on our own…

Electrongod on July 8, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Yes we and Romney must break thru!!

Dire Straits on July 8, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Today’s Rock Trivia:

The lyrics were:

Good by Groovy Tuesday
Who could hang a name on you?

But Dave owned the rights to the word Groovy so Mic Jagger had to change it to Ruby.

True story. Dave hung a name on him.

SparkPlug on July 8, 2012 at 12:14 AM

by bye

SparkPlug on July 8, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Tasty, Bmore. This was the first album of theirs I heard as a kid and the first song when I got “it”.

p.s., Coulter is a huge deadhead.

John the Libertarian on July 8, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Krauthammer is right..If Romney can’t convince the voters the economy is Obie’s fault then he does not deserve to win!..:)

That is a fact!..:)

Dire Straits on July 8, 2012 at 12:17 AM

SparkPlug on July 8, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Yeah, that Dave is a bit like Forrest Gump. He seems to have been involved in a lot of important historical events.

4Grace on July 8, 2012 at 12:17 AM

This thread needs some serious flavor enhancement.

A-1 sauce or Worcestershire?

Both rock.

So True.

SparkPlug on July 8, 2012 at 12:19 AM

by bye

SparkPlug on July 8, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Bye.

Bmore on July 8, 2012 at 12:20 AM

This thread needs some serious flavor enhancement.

Flavor enhancement.

de rigueur on July 8, 2012 at 12:20 AM

SWalker on July 8, 2012 at 12:09 AM

LoLz..:)

Dire Straits on July 8, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Yea, I know everybody gets the gag, but, ya know, sometimes the opening is just sooo…

SWalker on July 8, 2012 at 12:20 AM

4Grace on July 8, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Dave says he taught Elvis to dance..Not Forrest Gump!!..:)

Dire Straits on July 8, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Flavor enhancement.

de rigueur on July 8, 2012 at 12:20 AM

That tune is a keeper. Simply Beautiful. Thanks.

Watch out for 4Grace. She is tricky.

Sincerely – Moby Grape.

SparkPlug on July 8, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Dire Straits on July 8, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Bwaahhhhh. OMG I’m dying. So funny.

SparkPlug on July 8, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Dave says he taught Elvis to dance..Not Forrest Gump!!..:)

Dire Straits on July 8, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Haha. I believe it. Have you seen Dave dance??? He can bust a slow-mo move like no one I’ve ever seen before, or since.

4Grace on July 8, 2012 at 12:24 AM

bayview on July 8, 2012 at 12:19 AM

Very nice..:)

PS..I thought Val Kilmer looked just like Jim Morrison in the movie The Doors..Did you think so??..:)

Dire Straits on July 8, 2012 at 12:25 AM

John the Libertarian on July 8, 2012 at 12:16 AM

bayview on July 8, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Watch out for 4Grace. She is tricky.

Sincerely – Moby Grape.

SparkPlug on July 8, 2012 at 12:23 AM

LOL. As tempting as it is, SparkPlug fits you too well. Maybe we’ll save the Moby Grape songs for one of our trolls.

4Grace on July 8, 2012 at 12:28 AM

4Grace on July 8, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Dave said he was in that video with Elvis but I didn’t see him..:)

PS..To the King!..:)

Dire Straits on July 8, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Dire Straits on July 8, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Val Kilmer was almost a dead ringer for Jim Morrison in that movie.

bayview on July 8, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Dave says he taught Elvis to dance..Not Forrest Gump!!..:)

Dire Straits on July 8, 2012 at 12:21 AM

Good Grief, and Elvis paid Dave for that?

SWalker on July 8, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Val Kilmer was almost a dead ringer for Jim Morrison in that movie.

bayview on July 8, 2012 at 12:28 AM

I agree!..:)

Dire Straits on July 8, 2012 at 12:31 AM

More white lightnin’.

de rigueur on July 8, 2012 at 12:32 AM

To the King!..:)

Dire Straits on July 8, 2012 at 12:28 AM

bayview on July 8, 2012 at 12:33 AM

Dave said he was in that video with Elvis but I didn’t see him..:)

PS..To the King!..:)

Dire Straits on July 8, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Wait a minute. What was that smoke coming from behind the drums??

(Good tune!)

4Grace on July 8, 2012 at 12:33 AM

novaculus on July 7, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Oh, I don’t doubt any of that. I’ve always believed the heart of Palin Derangement Syndrome (from the left & right) is an elitist class issue, not entirely nor necessarily a sexist thing. The sexist stuff was used though because it is easier & more effective.

For all the talk (at the time) of what a “break from the status quo” electing an AA as POTUS would be, that was just another in the long string of mythology spun about TehOnce. Obama, half black, has lived a very cushy life, attending expensive prep schools, raised by his white grandparents, attending Occidental, then Columbia & Harvard without having to work any sort of job to help pay for that education. He then went on to be an attorney, “community organizer” and adjunct Constitutional law instructor as well as marrying a politically well-connected woman (an Ivy League grad herself) who introduced him to the who’s who of the Dem. pols in Chicago. Obama is more “status quo” than Palin — female, attended 5 different colleges (including community college) before obtaining her degree because she had to stop to earn money to continue her studies & who actually worked in blue collar jobs her entire life before becoming Mayor of Wasilla & then Governor by her own hard work & chutzpah, not political connections — could ever hope to be.

Dark Star on July 8, 2012 at 12:33 AM

platypus on July 8, 2012 at 12:12 AM

ROFLMAO!

My hubby is partial to it, too. ;)

PatriotGal2257 on July 8, 2012 at 12:34 AM

bayview on July 8, 2012 at 12:33 AM

Nice one.

4Grace on July 8, 2012 at 12:36 AM

SWalker on July 8, 2012 at 12:29 AM

I like this Elvis to..:)

PS..Here is a good tune..imho..:)

Dire Straits on July 8, 2012 at 12:36 AM

The Democrats find just enough votes to put Rangel over the top!

Del Dolemonte on July 8, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Hispanics and blacks fighting over a democratic party district!

Expect more of this, as ‘hispanics’ are becoming the principal catered-to minority.

It’s a point of hilarity, because a black person brought to the USA centuries ago is still a black person, but a black person that made a stop in Central America before coming to the USA is now ‘hispanic’.

We should all just claim to be some different race or ethnicity and totally mess up the quota whores.

slickwillie2001 on July 8, 2012 at 12:36 AM

Last tribute to Nascar and done. A real lip smacker.

de rigueur on July 8, 2012 at 12:36 AM

bayview on July 8, 2012 at 12:33 AM

Nice one.

4Grace on July 8, 2012 at 12:36 AM

What she said!..:):)

Dire Straits on July 8, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Never in the polling history have people lied more.

Schadenfreude on July 8, 2012 at 12:38 AM

4Grace on July 8, 2012 at 12:33 AM

LoLz..I think a couple on my aunts thought Elvis could walk on water!..:)

Dire Straits on July 8, 2012 at 12:40 AM

I like this Elvis to..:)

PS..Here is a good tune..imho..:)

Dire Straits on July 8, 2012 at 12:36 AM

Unfortunately , a much clearer video from YouTube was pulled

bayview on July 8, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Never in the polling history have people lied more.

Schadenfreude on July 8, 2012 at 12:38 AM

I agree with you that Obie has serious problems but I do not think he is “dead”..:)

Dire Straits on July 8, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Dave tried to warn JFK about the Bay of Pigs. When the CIA returned his call he wasn’t there. Oh well.

SparkPlug on July 8, 2012 at 12:45 AM

SparkPlug on July 8, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Absolutely. And when Dave was the first man to walk on the moon, he uttered the now famous line: That’s a mean first step, man.

4Grace on July 8, 2012 at 12:50 AM

novaculus on July 7, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Dark Star on July 8, 2012 at 12:33 AM

Both of you … your comments are excellent.

Here’s a very cool song that was #5 in 1966 that I heard for the first time several months ago on one of our local oldies stations.

PatriotGal2257 on July 8, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Never in the polling history have people lied more.

Schadenfreude on July 8, 2012 at 12:38 AM

87.4% of Hot Gassers polled agree with you.

HellCat on July 8, 2012 at 12:56 AM

PatriotGal2257 on July 8, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Great song. Haven’t heard that in ages.

4Grace on July 8, 2012 at 12:57 AM

4Grace on July 8, 2012 at 12:50 AM

I hear this today on the radio..Remember it?..:)

Dire Straits on July 8, 2012 at 12:58 AM

4Grace on July 8, 2012 at 12:50 AM

I hear this today on the radio..Remember this?..:)

Dire Straits on July 8, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Sorry forgot to link it!..:)

Dire Straits on July 8, 2012 at 1:00 AM

I offered Mitt the perfect defense and contrast between RomneyCare and ObamaCare back in the primaries – for FREE – but he paid no attention.

First of all, FORGET the argument that the Democrats changed it, refused to allow premiums to rise with costs, and made it a different plan. Too far in the weeds, only the wonks care.

BUT the voters of Massachusetts still like the plan. And there is the key. When challenged, Mitt should say, “Yes, my plan had many similarities. The difference is my plan was what Massachusetts WANTED. ObamaCare was shoved down America’s throats, and a majority of citizens still oppose it. In a democracy, the people decide in the final analysis – else we have dictatorship.”

Obama has no comeback for that.

Adjoran on July 8, 2012 at 1:01 AM

bayview on July 8, 2012 at 12:26 AM

back atcha

John the Libertarian on July 8, 2012 at 1:03 AM

SparkPlug on July 8, 2012 at 12:45 AM

LoLz..:)

Dire Straits on July 8, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Dire Straits on July 8, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Ah, yes. I DO remember it.
(I always get a chuckle out of the glam rock hair.)

4Grace on July 8, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Great song. Haven’t heard that in ages.

4Grace on July 8, 2012 at 12:57 AM

I was on my way home from work when I heard it and I almost pulled off the road to listen, I was so wowed by it.

I had it pegged as a 60s song, but as for the singer, that was difficult. All I could think of was Glen Campbell, and I think he did a version as well, but I never would have guessed Bob Lind. I’d never heard of him. Later, I read that Lind wanted this as the B side of the single he released and the producers and music directors basically ignored him and played it as the hit anyway.

PatriotGal2257 on July 8, 2012 at 1:05 AM