Quotes of the day

posted at 8:31 pm on July 7, 2012 by Allahpundit

As the Obama campaign and its allies continue to spend millions of dollars casting Mitt Romney as an “outsourcing pioneer” — a message that could cut to the very core of his record as a businessman — some Republicans are beginning to grumble that their nominee is making the classic mistake of modern politics in letting the attacks go unanswered

The Romney campaign’s response so far has been muted. The campaign has pushed back against Obama’s attacks largely through press releases and dismissive comments, but they have yet to invest serious ad money to directly combat the hardening narrative.

It’s a move that has left some in the Republican elite, already displeased with the campaign’s flat-footed response to the Obamacare ruling, confused. Several have noted that this is how John Kerry lost in 2004 — by waiting too long to start debunking an opposition message that undermined a key part of his record (in his case, his status as a Vietnam veteran).

***

Romney can’t change his record, and Obamacare won’t stop being an issue. But could Romney at least partially reconcile the two by admitting that Romneycare was a bad idea?

It would certainly make Romney’s case more consistent; he could promise to end Obamacare without also having to explain himself. He would also bring his position in line with that of most Republican voters. But it might also be an unmitigated disaster, the most damaging flip-flop ever for a candidate known to change positions.

In the end, it’s almost impossible to imagine Romney would do it. When he talks about health care, there’s always a certain bravado — he has said he just can’t wait to engage Barack Obama in one-on-one debate over health care — that conceals the weakness of his position. He’s come too far to back down now, and odds are he will win or lose without ever admitting that Romneycare was the wrong thing to do.

***

[W]hat are voters to think when they hear the GOP nominee say, as he did yesterday to CBS’s Jan Crawford, “As long as I continue to speak about the economy, I’m going to win”? That they’re dopes who don’t know the economy’s bad, but as long as the Romney campaign keeps instructing them that it is bad, they’ll react correctly and vote the incumbent out of office?

The economy is of course important. But voters want to hear what Romney is going to do about the economy. He can “speak about” how bad the economy is all he wants—though Americans are already well aware of the economy’s problems—but doesn’t the content of what Romney has to say matter? What is his economic growth agenda? His deficit reform agenda? His health care reform agenda? His tax reform agenda? His replacement for Dodd-Frank? No need for any of that, I suppose the Romney campaign believes. Just need to keep on “speaking about the economy.”

***

Presidential races once measured by the hundreds of millions of dollars are now gauged by the billion. That shift has prompted hand-wringing, particularly among Obama supporters, that lackluster funding could doom the campaign. But the heavy emphasis on fundraising masks one key fact: Money means less in a presidential race than in its down-ballot cousins, at least when so much of it is sure to be spent…

“Money has a lot more impact in a race where there isn’t a lot of information out there,” said Kristen Soltis, a GOP consultant. “If I’m running against you for dogcatcher and you can outspend me 2- or 3-to-1, that’s a problem. But … it’s highly unlikely there will be many voters at the end confused about what Barack Obama believes, what Mitt Romney believes.”…

Messages also are more tightly controlled by the candidates themselves — a problem for outside groups that can’t legally coordinate with them. That dilemma could be a particular concern to Republicans, because their better-funded outside group apparatus will likely spend more on the general election than Romney himself.

***

“Obamacare cuts Medicare — cuts Medicare — by approximately $500 billion,” Mr. Romney has told audiences.

That is a reprise of Republicans’ mantra of the 2010 midterm elections, which gave them big gains at both the state and federal levels and a majority in the House. Yet the message conflicts not only with their past complaint that Democrats opposed reining in Medicare spending, but also with the fact that House Republicans have voted twice since 2010 for the same 10-year, $500 billion savings in supporting Mr. Ryan’s annual budgets.

The result is a messaging mess, even by the standards of each party’s usual election-year attacks that the other is being insufficiently supportive of older people’s benefits.

***

Obama runs even with, or slightly ahead of, Republican rival Mitt Romney in poll after poll. Campaign strategists debate the reasons.

They might include Obama’s personal likability, gaps in Romney’s strategy or Americans’ grudging acceptance of a new normal in which millions of jobs are gone for good and no single person is responsible.

If high unemployment “was a killer, he’d already be dead,” said Republican pollster and consultant Mike McKenna. “The survey data tells you he’s not dead.”

There’s a problem with applying historical precedents and conventional wisdom to Obama. He sometimes defies them.

***

Click the image to watch.

***

Via the Daily Caller.

***

Via Mediaite.

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Walker on July 7, 2012 at 5:50 PM

..tangential: is “Wilderness” your blog, SW? It’s a pretty decent site. Congratulations on achieving your recent milestone!

The War Planner on July 7, 2012 at 5:55 PM

Sorry, I was off watching Doom, with the Rock…

Yup, that’s my blog, and it only took 3 years to finally reach 25,000 page views. Course, the truth is, I don’t do an article every day, I only update when something strikes my fancy. So I am a terrible blogger in that respect.

SWalker on July 7, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Romney could be building an entire narrative about Obama and the size of government and how bad it is for the country across all areas, from debt to taxes to regulation to welfare to education. He’s not doing this and doesn’t seem interested. It’s such a huge missed opportunity for conservatism. If a fire doesn’t get lit under his ass pretty soon I’m just going to tune out of this election. I’ll go vote for him, but I’m not going to watch a sickening replay of 2008. It was bad enough the first time. It will be worse the second.

Mark1971 on July 7, 2012 at 9:49 PM

the new aesthetic on July 7, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Good Night new aesthetic, Sleep Well.

Bmore on July 7, 2012 at 9:51 PM

One thing is sure, Obama will never get a court to unseal Rommey’s divorce papers.

Mini-14 on July 7, 2012 at 9:41 PM

That is the one reason I decided I could have been wrong about Romney being the nominee. It seems Obama only wins when he is able to dig up dirt on his opponent, and Romney doesn’t give much ammunition.

I do think it’s funny that the same republican media that made it inevitable that Romney would be the nominee is now beating up on his campaign.

Night Owl on July 7, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Keep the game close until the 4th quarter and then come at them with everything you have. To hell with the conservative pundits who want fresh meat everyday to keep you tuning in and reading them. Romney knows what he is doing, let him do it.

RasThavas on July 7, 2012 at 8:52 PM

This.

For pete’s sakes, it’s holiday time and no one is paying attention to anything right now except the hot weather, Tom Cruise and the price of food.

JPeterman on July 7, 2012 at 9:52 PM

JPeterman on July 7, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Enough with the facts. This place runs on memes, donchaknow?

platypus on July 7, 2012 at 9:54 PM

renalin, anecdotal to be sure, but none of my liberal friends are jazzed. And I have a few.

Bmore on July 7, 2012 at 9:33 PM

obama hasn’t hit his stride yet. you saw the beginnings the othe day when he lying about his days spent in a hojo riding a greyhound. he is a smooth talking, bible thumping, devil on the stump. he’s only going to get better. and the msm will be covering up every mistake and highlighting mitts.

your lib friends will get pumped up by election time. steven spielberg will see to that.

renalin on July 7, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Mini-14 on July 7, 2012 at 9:41 PM

I don’t know…
Donald Trump Got Obama to release his *cough* birth certificate..

Electrongod on July 7, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Enough with the facts. This place runs on memes, donchaknow?

platypus on July 7, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Yes, and it’s become old, tired and worn out.

I pity that poor horse and rented mule.

JPeterman on July 7, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Dude, does your mail come by yak up there in Siberia? We knew this in 2007. :-)

TxAnn56 on July 7, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Our yaks are faster than the average yak but their breath is atrocious.

SparkPlug on July 7, 2012 at 9:58 PM

JPeterman on July 7, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Will the Kardashians ever find true love. Don’t forget that one.

SparkPlug on July 7, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Why don’t you focus rather on Obama’s situation

I’m plenty focused on 0. My question is to early on Romney supporters. I just like to hear if they have any advice to give on, not so much 0, but Romney. York mentions a course correction possibility, just interested in their take on that aspect, does he need to own it a different way?

Bmore on July 7, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Am on it too (the ipad thingy :), so I commiserate :)…personally I think B York is wrong, he can’t be serious that Romney apologizing for romneycare would do him any good this far in the game…it is ridiculous, who exactly, what segment of voters would such an apology sway into his camp….besides, politicians are not in the business of apologizing very few (if any at all) do, if get it right they get elected/re-elected, if not, tough luck, but no need for excuses or apologies…think Reagan, he said that the amnesty thing was a big mistake, but did he ever apologiized for it, I don’t think so..and anyways, when he said it was a misake, his political career was not on the line anymore..besides the amnesty impacted negatively way more people than the Ma healthcare law did or will, there’ s no comparison really..the effects of Reagan amnesty are felt to this day…York is awfully wrong on this, if anyone has to apologize for anything, it’s the destructive individual in the WH and pretty sure he is not contemplating an apology any time soon…he actually said that people ‘appreciate how barc he tried”… The nerve of this man….

jimver on July 7, 2012 at 10:01 PM

renalin on July 7, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Maybe. I ain’t feeling the love. I’m hearing folks are likely Romney, they have kids to raise , bills to meet too. We’ll see. I’ll certainly let ya know if I get any evidence to the contrary.

Bmore on July 7, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Electrongod on July 7, 2012 at 8:46 PM

Terrye on July 7, 2012 at 8:48 PM

You two made the points I tried to (in my wall of text) in much pithier & entertaining ways. I bow to you both (and I really should read the thread before commenting). :-)

Dark Star on July 7, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Will the Kardashians ever find true love. Don’t forget that one.

SparkPlug on July 7, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Nope, sorry Kim Kardashian has the same problem I have, she just can’t find anyone stupid enough to fall in love with her.

SWalker on July 7, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Who’s paying attention to all these ads in July? Maybe the campaign doesn’t think these Bain attacks will stick during the get away summer.

TimeTraveler on July 7, 2012 at 10:03 PM

(and I really should read the thread before commenting). :-)

Dark Star on July 7, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Don’t be ridicules.. ;p

SWalker on July 7, 2012 at 10:05 PM

Will the Kardashians ever find true love. Don’t forget that one.

SparkPlug on July 7, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Well, there is love in air tonight.

Bawney Fwank Marries His Longtime Boyfriend

Yuk.

JPeterman on July 7, 2012 at 10:05 PM

Let’s face it. Until Romney picks a VP running mate, his election is in hover mode. Who he picks for VP will determine how aggressive he goes after Obama. If he picks a Christie or a Jindal, he has a chance to hit Obama hard. If he picks some of the other possibilities, I don’t see Obama being attacked as hard. Jindal has come out swinging lately.

maubman on July 7, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Yeah, I’m really interested in that also. Mitt has MANY good conservative men and women to choose from — from all “races” and ethnicities and such what (not that I, personally, give a crap) — all that I desire is that he selects someone who favors smaller government, greater individual rights, and a national-defense that has what it takes to protect and ensure the survival of the American people.

I think that Mitt has been working on this for many years now. He’s a smart guy. He will probably focus on a key state that will cinch him for it. Which is the standard path. But I would leap for joy if he had the guts to go for lieutenant colonel Allen West.

It would be a total cinch.

minnesoter on July 7, 2012 at 10:05 PM

Omg, my ipad is crazy..I meant to say ‘How hard he tried’ lol:)…Not how hard he barked or anything :)…though come think about, it’s rather the second :…

jimver on July 7, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Dark Star on July 7, 2012 at 10:01 PM

I still like reading your posts…
Keep it up..

Electrongod on July 7, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Some of the loons were let loose early tonight. Going to bed. G’night…

OmahaConservative on July 7, 2012 at 10:08 PM

This isn’t blogging, punditry or opinion pieces anymore, this is hand-wringing on a national scale. Designed to sell a narrative to all the amateur hand-wringers that make up the conservative movement. It’s pathetic.
Four years ago these same idiots were running cover and making excuses for the McCain campaign when he picked a complete incompetent to run on his ticket. Today they they’re selling doom and gloom for Romney because he isn’t quick enough in some game of semantics when nobody is even paying attention. It’s unreal.

lowandslow on July 7, 2012 at 10:08 PM

SWalker on July 7, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Lolz. Kate Upton is more my type but she already betrayed me. I will never stalk her again. We will see how she likes that.

SparkPlug on July 7, 2012 at 10:09 PM

SWalker on July 7, 2012 at 10:03 PM

SparkPlug on July 7, 2012 at 10:09 PM

ROTFLMAO.. Bet she’s pouting and throwing glass and ceramic stuff all around her house over it right this minute… :p

SWalker on July 7, 2012 at 10:11 PM

jimver on July 7, 2012 at 10:01 PM

My take is Romney needs to stick to the narrative they had, it’s closest to honest, and it’s been his standard. Own it the same way, if you change now it’s too late to change back, bad optics.

Bmore on July 7, 2012 at 10:11 PM

I still like reading your posts…
Keep it up..

Electrongod on July 7, 2012 at 10:06 PM

You’re too kind — but I’ll take it. Thank you.

Dark Star on July 7, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Obama misspelled “Beating” in his slogan “Betting on America”.

VorDaj on July 7, 2012 at 8:49 PM

No, the LSM just never finished Obambi’s full quote: “Betting on America… to lose.”

RoadRunner on July 7, 2012 at 9:04 PM

They tried a more truthful slogan, but “Shorting America” didn’t poll well.

AZfederalist on July 7, 2012 at 10:13 PM

lowandslow on July 7, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Look, it’s Steve Schmidt..:)

idesign on July 7, 2012 at 10:14 PM

lowandslow on July 7, 2012 at 10:08 PM

quit bashing Palin. save your ammo for obama, big guy. phfftttttt.

renalin on July 7, 2012 at 10:16 PM

lowandslow on July 7, 2012 at 10:08 PM

You do realize that “complete incompetent” was the only thing that almost dragged McCain’s sorry ass over the finish line, don’t you? Yeah, keep beating that media meme, the only strong conservative in years is incompetent. Keep letting the MSM shape your opinion, by November, Romney will be evil incarnate in your eyes.

AZfederalist on July 7, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Good one AZ. How is it over your way?

Bmore on July 7, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Omg, my ipad is crazy..

jimver on July 7, 2012 at 10:06 PM

You are just now figuring that out?

cozmo on July 7, 2012 at 10:20 PM

lowandslow on July 7, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Four months ago they were saying Romney is awesome. Romney should start some TV blitz in certain states. I live in VA and haven’t seen squat from Romney. Ive seen plenty of Obama ads and a few Super PAC ads.

I hopeRomney crushes Obama. I’m just not yet convinced.

Spliff Menendez on July 7, 2012 at 10:23 PM

You are just now figuring that out?

cozmo on July 7, 2012 at 10:20 PM

In all fairness, Boss, I have to mention . HA is part of the issue. Something in the code makes copying unnecessarily difficult. Plus you’re right, iPad thingy has issues. I should know, it took me a half hour to post this to you.

Bmore on July 7, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Good one AZ. How is it over your way?

Bmore on July 7, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Good here, unseasonably cool and comfortable for July. Only hit 100 today.

You?

AZfederalist on July 7, 2012 at 10:25 PM

First of all, it is way too early for Romney to lay out specifics.
Obama will either start using the ideas himself in order to look competent as a campaign strategy, use the ideas in debate prep
against Romney or ridicule the ideas by twisting the facts around in his campaign ads.

Palin and a Fox
News host (can’t think of his name)had a television special on
energy and Obama used some of their ideas (the Fox host was
talking about this on a radio show and I heard only part of it -
so don’t have any specifics). Since one knows that Obama doesn’t
want the US to be energy independent, you know that he only implemented their strategy because it was good for his campaign.

Romney should be playing it “close to the vest” for now.
It is summer vacation – families going out of town, kids off
school, swimming, baseball, etc. Not that many are paying attention to politics.

Amjean on July 7, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Mark1971 on July 7, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Mitt is tone deaf to the kinds of conservative themes that are the lifeblood of us HotAirians.

Paul-Cincy on July 7, 2012 at 10:29 PM

I hopeRomney crushes Obama. I’m just not yet convinced.

Spliff Menendez on July 7, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Romney ought to win in a landslide, it’s still a bit early, a lot of folks aren’t even paying attention. In my mind it’s just such a gimme, of course, it doesn’t always fall my way.

Bmore on July 7, 2012 at 10:30 PM

Look, it’s Steve Schmidt..:)

idesign on July 7, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Or, Kevin Madden.

Fallon on July 7, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Bmore on July 7, 2012 at 10:24 PM

You Apples suckers, heh.

AZfederalist on July 7, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Mid 70′s all afternoon, I got a chill in the breeze going outside earlier.

cozmo on July 7, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Yahoo News/ABC News changed the headline of its article posted today:

Obama ad doesn’t stand up to the facts

The president’s campaign accuses Mitt Romney of outsourcing jobs, although the claim has been debunked.”

to

“Obama ad calls Romney ‘the problem’ with job losses to China”

Wish someone has screen shot the original headline, although it still stands as the former in Yahoo News. Cannot believe MSM would let slip their all out effort to re-elect Barry/

bayview on July 7, 2012 at 10:33 PM

The Republicans have no interst in winning the presidential election, nor does Romney.mit was his turn and the deals were already made for 2016 with the dems. Jen Bush will have his turn, that is how the country club, establishment republicans do elections. The dems have their turn, then our turn.

Conservative4ev on July 7, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Mid 70′s all afternoon, I got a chill in the breeze going outside earlier.

cozmo on July 7, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Where are you at cozmo?

AZfederalist on July 7, 2012 at 10:34 PM

AZfederalist on July 7, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Every thing is good, favorite time of year, flawless weather. High 82, low 65, perfection for me. Enjoyed the holiday! Still am. ; )

Bmore on July 7, 2012 at 10:35 PM

JPeterman on July 7, 2012 at 9:52 PM

I was at Target today and I swear some things when up a quarter since I was there last week.

gophergirl on July 7, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Mid 70′s all afternoon, I got a chill in the breeze going outside earlier.

cozmo on July 7, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Nice.

Bmore on July 7, 2012 at 10:37 PM

when = went

OOPS

gophergirl on July 7, 2012 at 10:38 PM

It’s such a huge missed opportunity for conservatism.

Mark1971 on July 7, 2012 at 9:49 PM

That tends to happen when the nominee’s not, um, conservative. Just sayin’.

HeckOnWheels on July 7, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Mid 70′s all afternoon, I got a chill in the breeze going outside earlier.

cozmo on July 7, 2012 at 10:31 PM

I hate you. Nothin’ personal.

Bmore on July 7, 2012 at 10:35 PM

You too, Bucko!

*sweats*

Laura in Maryland on July 7, 2012 at 10:40 PM

AZfederalist on July 7, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Just east of downtown Dallas.

Though it went to the mid seventies in the span of about 10 minutes, from 101-ish.

cozmo on July 7, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Laura in Maryland on July 7, 2012 at 10:40 PM

I’m in Minnesota and our heat broke last night. It’s on the way – hang in there.

gophergirl on July 7, 2012 at 10:42 PM

gophergirl on July 7, 2012 at 10:37 PM

It’s too hot to eat.

JPeterman on July 7, 2012 at 10:43 PM

some Republicans are beginning to grumble that their nominee is making the classic mistake of modern politics in letting the attacks go unanswered…

How blinking hard is it to have an ad or two that explains big debt equals big disaster? Mittens, seriously – if you can’t grow a pair, I’ll lend you mine.

Laura in Maryland on July 7, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Laura in Maryland on July 7, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Heh, but y’all yankees call us dumb for living down here in the frying pan. Remember that this winter when we Texans are freezing while y’all get the mild winters.

Yeah, I’m mean.

cozmo on July 7, 2012 at 10:44 PM

I saw this commercial on TVLand and History Channel today.

Get to work Mitt & Crew!

tacodawn on July 7, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Laura in Maryland on July 7, 2012 at 10:40 PM

I heard things are hot up your way. At least you have been getting some rain. I trust none of the storms got you, did they?

Bmore on July 7, 2012 at 10:45 PM

cozmo on July 7, 2012 at 10:42 PM

ooooooh! Okay, I like you fine then.

gophergirl on July 7, 2012 at 10:42 PM

That makes my day. It has been unreal for almost two weeks. The humidity is ungodly awful. I walked out of the grocery store at 10pm, and the air felt like soup.

Laura in Maryland on July 7, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Just east of downtown Dallas.

cozmo on July 7, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Used to live in the Lewisville/Flower Mound area. That’s pretty unusual weather for this time of year. Usually if it’s 101 at 3 in the afternoon, it’s 98 at 10 at night. Glad to hear it’s comfortable.

AZfederalist on July 7, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Laura in Maryland on July 7, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Friday it was 96 with a 75 degree dewpoint. You could barely breathe.

Today was beautiful

gophergirl on July 7, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Glad to hear it’s comfortable.

AZfederalist on July 7, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Yeah, the high pressure system that sits over Texas/Oklahoma every year decided to take up residence farther east this year.

I ain’t complainin’.

cozmo on July 7, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Used to live in the Lewisville/Flower Mound area.

AZfederalist on July 7, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Small world. We lived in Bridlewood a number of years ago.

Fallon on July 7, 2012 at 10:55 PM

I don’t think we need to write in obits now. Only weirdos who hang around reading blogs care this early on.

Cindy Munford on July 7, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Yep. The average voter has an attention span of a gnat. Why waste important information now. Just let Obama run around shooting himself in the foot.

As for using John Kerry as an example, John Kerry is a DB and he was dishonest regarding his military career and using it to further himself. Most people have no clue how the outsourcing/offshoring works and their eyes glaze over. They do, however, get a sick feeling over some DB playing fast and loose with his military achievements (or lack thereof) and that’s harder to overcome.

I’ll be more concerned at the end of August if Romney shows no signs of moving it along, but not now.

kim roy on July 7, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Bmore on July 7, 2012 at 10:45 PM

We haven’t seen much rain, but we did get nailed with the storm. The electric stayed on, so we were grateful on that count. Some have been without for a week.

Laura in Maryland on July 7, 2012 at 10:57 PM

lowandslow on July 7, 2012 at 10:08 PM

A self-described “low and slow” person calling Palin incompetent.

Makes total sense.

MadisonConservative on July 7, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Today was beautiful

gophergirl on July 7, 2012 at 10:53 PM

After butt-ugly heat, you deserve a break.

Laura in Maryland on July 7, 2012 at 11:00 PM

lowandslow on July 7, 2012 at 10:08 PM

O_o

Bishop on July 7, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Yeah, I’m mean.

cozmo on July 7, 2012 at 10:44 PM

yeah, but I like that about you.

Laura in Maryland on July 7, 2012 at 11:02 PM

lowandslow on July 7, 2012 at 10:08 PM

AZfederalist on July 7, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Exactly, AZ.

Study shows Palin treated differently by media as vice presidential candidate than Biden

Governor Palin’s Executive Accomplishments

Green eyed Lady on July 7, 2012 at 11:03 PM

yeah, but I like that about you.

Laura in Maryland on July 7, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Dangit, I was shootin’ for hated and feared.

cozmo on July 7, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Not surprising, that Lisa’s number #1 supporter, even after she has continuously undermined any GOP initiatives, to the extent, that Begich is sometimes more reliable,

narciso on July 7, 2012 at 11:09 PM

After butt-ugly heat, you deserve a break.

Laura in Maryland on July 7, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Only 105 here North of Boise, ID…
Dry heat though…

Like I haven’t seen it before…..Moore.

Electrongod on July 7, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Or is that Gore…

Electrongod on July 7, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Or is that Goore…

*an extra “O” to make pass moderation*

Electrongod on July 7, 2012 at 11:11 PM

In keeping with the Todd Rundgren theme. :)

PatriotGal2257 on July 7, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Oh…

Guess it made it after all…

Electrongod on July 7, 2012 at 11:11 PM

lowandslow on July 7, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Look, it’s Steve Schmidt..:)

idesign on July 7, 2012 at 10:14 PM

It could be Nichole Wallace. Haha.

SparkPlug on July 7, 2012 at 11:12 PM

First of all, it is way too early for Romney to lay out specifics.

Palin and a Fox
News host (can’t think of his name)had a television special on
energy and Obama used some of their ideas (the Fox host was
talking about this on a radio show and I heard only part of it -
so don’t have any specifics). Since one knows that Obama doesn’t

Romney should be playing it “close to the vest” for now.
It is summer vacation – families going out of town, kids off

Amjean on July 7, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Great post Amjean. With the way Barry is flinging class envy things at walls to see what sticks, now is the time to see what he’s going to try and do in his efforts to remain the Sultan he has styled himse;f to be.

ManWithNoParty on July 7, 2012 at 11:12 PM

I was wondering if that LGF guy was still a fluffin nutter.

No one ever mentions it.

SparkPlug on July 7, 2012 at 11:16 PM

The truth is — which is something none of the pundits (left, right or center) want to admit because they all swooned over Obama like 12 year old girls at a Justin Bieber concert — that the McCain/Palin ticket was leading Obama until the October market crash and that lead prior to the October crash had A LOT to do with Palin (and, to be fair, Rev. Wright). It was only then, after the crash — despite Obama outspending McCain 3 to 1 & all the covering the MSM was doing for him — that Obama pulled ahead in a year where a cardboard cut out with a (D) after it’s name would have won — and won by more than the 7 points Obama eventually got. But, of course, admitting that would interfere with the whole “historic, wonderful, perfectly creased pants-wearing, Obamamessiah” meme they were selling us. So, instead, the pundits turned around & ignored all they did to tear Palin down with some of the worst sexist cr*p I’ve ever seen in my life (and that was after watching what I thought was the worst sexist cr*p I had ever seen in my life get directed at Hillary Clinton during the Dem. primary) & laid the loss entirely at Palin’s feet, in a final, hypocritical, cynical “blame the woman” bit of sexist cr*p.

Dark Star on July 7, 2012 at 11:18 PM

If y’all are are gonna’ do Todd Rundgren, you might as well throw in
Van Morrison

and

America

cozmo on July 7, 2012 at 11:19 PM

You’re thinking of Eric Bolling, who was previously an energy analyst, the notion of raising the margins, does tend to reduce
the energy speculation to a degree, of course, not implementing
more QEs, would do more.

narciso on July 7, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Dark Star on July 7, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Preach it brother. Spot on analysis.

SparkPlug on July 7, 2012 at 11:20 PM

SparkPlug on July 7, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Possibly because he so thoroughly jumped the shark nobody pays attention any more. Too bad, it was fun while it lasted.

cozmo on July 7, 2012 at 11:21 PM

America

cozmo on July 7, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Where do you find those…

Electrongod on July 7, 2012 at 11:21 PM

If y’all are are gonna’ do Todd Rundgren, you might as well throw in
Van Morrison

and

America

cozmo on July 7, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Might as well throw in some T-Rex as well.

SWalker on July 7, 2012 at 11:21 PM

And some ‘putatively’ on our side, like Murphy, Madden, and Brian Jones, collaborated in the demolition,

narciso on July 7, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Dark Star on July 7, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Back…Up above…..

When you where humble about a post I posted…

This one you just posted…

Dude….

Your point has been made..

Electrongod on July 7, 2012 at 11:23 PM

cozmo on July 7, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Where is Twerpy? She said its way hot in TX.

OC was telling us about a drought.

SparkPlug on July 7, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Your point has been made..

Electrongod on July 7, 2012 at 11:23 PM

That was a “Hats off to ya” ….

It didn’t come out that way…
When I re-read it..

Electrongod on July 7, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Only 105 here North of Boise, ID…
Dry heat though…

Like I haven’t seen it before…..Moore.

Electrongod on July 7, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Have you been to Craters of the Moon NM&P? If so, do you think it’s worth going out of a person’s way to visit?

Bizarro No. 1 on July 7, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Where is Twerpy?

SparkPlug on July 7, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Its Lubbock, its always hot there. Except when its really cold there.

Its Saturday night, most likely bunny suit time.

cozmo on July 7, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Where is Twerpy? She said its way hot in TX.

OC was telling us about a drought.

SparkPlug on July 7, 2012 at 11:23 PM

It’s either hot or not as hot depending on where you live. ALT lives in the panhandle and gets snow. I live right outside of houston and a cool day in the summer is about 85. Throw in the humidity factor and there’s a not a flat iron in the world that can straighten your hair.

TxAnn56 on July 7, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Its Lubbock, its always hot there. Except when its really cold there.

Its Saturday night, most likely bunny suit time.

cozmo on July 7, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Hmmmm, adults dressin up in costumes pretending to be furry little animals, that’s a Texas thang aint it… ;p

SWalker on July 7, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Bizarro No. 1 on July 7, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Yes…but…
Today…
Gatorade…

Electrongod on July 7, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Well, there is love in air tonight.

Bawney Fwank Marries His Longtime Boyfriend

Yuk.

JPeterman on July 7, 2012 at 10:05 PM

Probably married him so he can’t be forced to testify against Barn. Another hidden feature of gay marriage.

slickwillie2001 on July 7, 2012 at 11:32 PM

cozmo on July 7, 2012 at 11:21 PM

I wish you’d get that nic link fixed. I’d like to comment.

Bmore on July 7, 2012 at 11:32 PM

TxAnn56 on July 7, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Wow. I heard houston was humid. So is the big easy. I always have a bad hair day when it’s humid unless I ply a heavy coat of lacquer.

SparkPlug on July 7, 2012 at 11:34 PM