No “gendered pronouns” please

posted at 2:31 pm on July 7, 2012 by Jazz Shaw

If you’re like me, (and aren’t you all?) I know you’ve been waiting impatiently with one question on your minds. When, oh when, will Harvard appoint a new permanent director of BGLTQ student life? (We’re going to circle back to that acronym which caught me by surprise in a few moments.) Fear not, readers, for your long wait is over. And the winner is

Vanidy M. Bailey will serve as director of Bisexual, Gay, Lesbian, Transgender, and Queer (BGLTQ) student life beginning July 16, dean of Harvard College Evelynn M. Hammonds announced this week. Bailey, who will report to the assistant dean of student life, will oversee all initiatives that support BGLTQ undergraduates.

So… we’ve got that little chore out of the way. But wait! Steyn discovers that yet another grievous social injustice has taken place even in the midst of this happy occasion.

Alas, this long overdue shattering of the BGLTQ ceiling was marred by the Harvard Crimson’s grossly insensitive coverage:

An earlier version of this article used the pronoun “she” to refer to Vanidy “Van” Bailey, the newly appointed director of bisexual, gay, lesbian, transgender, and queer student life. In fact, Bailey prefers not to be referred to by any gendered pronoun.

I’ll bet Elizabeth Warren is kicking herself for not thinking of that one.

Stop the merry-go-round, please. My head is spinning. Before I go out on the porch and begin yelling at random Harvard students to get off my lawn, let’s try to work through a couple items from this story which have once again left me alone and confused. And I would note that I only bring up these points in the interest of keeping the language in some semblance of order.

First of all, Mr.Ms. … um … “Van” doesn’t want to be referred to with a “gendered pronoun.” Not for nothing, but as wonderful as the English language is, we’re still working with a finite number of words here. Once you remove “he” and “she” from the mix, we’re pretty much left with “it.” And I’m fairly sure somebody is going to be offended by that. You’re sort of throwing a wet blanket on your future news coverage potential, pal.

Second, what’s up with this acronym BGLTQ? I’m leaving the full definition in the quoted text above because it certainly seems to come from a source which should know, but weren’t we supposed to not be using the “Q word” when referring to gay people? I thought that was pretty much verboten, at least for those not playing on that team. But now it’s part of the official public lexicon?

I only just found out this week that “oriental” is considered an offensive term. Of course, I was never entirely clear on what Oriental meant, other than a vague reference to people or things on the other side of the Pacific ocean. But apparently you’re not supposed to say that now either. I tell you, I simply can’t keep up. (By the way, are people from India “Asians?” Isn’t India in Asia?) Of course, I was recently informed that you’re not supposed to call people of the Muslim faith “Muslims” any more either, but that guy was selling pretzels on the sidewalk near my home and seemed somewhat confused, so I’m not sure how much of an authority he is. One can never be too careful, though.

But be that as it may, we’ll have to soldier on. Clearly we need an alternative to “he” and “she” for the modern era. Does it already exist? Any suggestions?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

I remember a number of years ago when the company I work for allowed formation of an LGBT “employee organization”. One of the people in my department asked at a staff meeting what that meant. When told, his reaction was priceless, “You’ve GOT to be kidding me!!!”

AZfederalist on July 7, 2012 at 3:11 PM

My computer monitor is a little out of focus. Is that person Oriental or Negro? And do we know if that person is Muslim? Just wondering…..

NOMOBO on July 7, 2012 at 3:12 PM

You can’t seriously be upset about removing “Oriental” from official federal writings from now on. It is about as dated as “colored people”.

Marcus on July 7, 2012 at 3:01 PM

so I guess you’re a BCE fan?

workingclass artist on July 7, 2012 at 3:12 PM

My high school English teacher always told us that “he” was the non-gendered pronoun.

Count to 10 on July 7, 2012 at 3:02 PM

Probably accurate until the formation of NOW. Since then it has designated a purely offensive.

Cindy Munford on July 7, 2012 at 3:13 PM

And people wonder why the cost of college keeps rising.

iconoclast on July 7, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Those languages (French, German, etc) with gendered direct articles are in big trouble.

HB3 on July 7, 2012 at 3:14 PM

another hobby besides making big lists of largely offensive stereotypes concerning individuals you clearly know nothing about?

mittens on July 7, 2012 at 3:07 PM

“I stereotype. It’s faster”
George Clooney in Up in the Air.

I don’t care how liblets might be offended. They sit around waiting to be offended anyway, while also claiming their offenses bear some kind of nobility, some self-presumed ‘higher thinking’ and ‘enlightenment’.

Liam on July 7, 2012 at 3:14 PM

(Oops…hit the wrong button.)

It’s not offensive, just incorrect. The Orient is a geographical area; someone can be from the Orient. There is no Oriental race.

yubley on July 7, 2012 at 2:45 PM

True, but incomplete. Remember the Christmas carol “We Three Kings”? “…of Orient are…”?

Right…they didn’t come to Bethlehem from China or Thailand, homeboys. They came from “the Orient”. I only have a clue on this because a friend is the honored and tenured professor of archaeology at The Oriental Institute at University of Chicago, which defines Orient as the near East:

The Oriental Institute Museum is a world-renowned showcase for the history, art, and archaeology of the ancient Near East. The museum displays objects recovered by Oriental Institute excavations in permanent galleries devoted to ancient Egypt, Nubia, Persia, Mesopotamia, Syria, Anatolia, and the ancient site of Megiddo…

So yeah, I guess calling a Vietnamese girl Oriental might be offensive, but mostly it’s just wrong.

Jaibones on July 7, 2012 at 3:15 PM

I just don’t really care. They are in their own little world and want to insert themselves into mainstream. I rather ignore them and give them zero publicity. I know it’s fun to poke fun at them, but that’s what they want. They create victimhood. The best defense against “hey, look at me”, is complete indifference. It kills the meme. And honestly, I really don’t care. Freaks aren’t a part of my life. On purpose. I don’t really even care to read or discuss them.

I wonder if Erika would pull weekend duty for time &1/2?

wolly4321 on July 7, 2012 at 3:15 PM

Read the book, “A Queer Thing Happened to America“, by Dr. Michael Brown for a thorough treatment of the subject from a scholarly, yet Christian perspective. Dr. Brown had to self publish because publishers were too afraid to exercise their free speech rights due to their fear of the gay activist community. And this is America, Land of the Free, Home of the Brave?

mbabbitt on July 7, 2012 at 3:15 PM

I’d add that we’re all “it” – objects that can be designated independent of gender.

The addition of a gender pronouns elevates us above non-human objects. It’s a privilege of the human condition, a condition that includes the totally arbitrary dictates of biology.

Rejecting that privilege, if the writer chooses to respect the subject’s wish at all, should result in the person/thing’s relegation to “it” by default.

HitNRun on July 7, 2012 at 3:16 PM

Pat!

29Victor on July 7, 2012 at 3:17 PM

yes alternatives exist, such as in Scandinavia and in some schools in these US (specifically kindergarten). I don’t recall them because I don’t care, and never will.

born with an innie = she

born with an outtie = he

John Kettlewell on July 7, 2012 at 3:17 PM

Do we even yet know what the definition of it is?

esnap on July 7, 2012 at 3:17 PM

yubley on July 7, 2012 at 2:45 PM

Jaibones on July 7, 2012 at 3:07 PM

There is also no African race, no white race and no black race. What’s your point?

MikeA on July 7, 2012 at 3:17 PM

And Harvard wonders why I never respond to their fundraising requests…

steebo77 on July 7, 2012 at 3:19 PM

It’s Pat….

TeresainFortWorth on July 7, 2012 at 3:19 PM

There is always he/she/it – just ignore the slashes and pronounce it as it is spelled.

RhymesWithRight on July 7, 2012 at 3:20 PM

Any suggestions?

Call her she and don’t care if she gets upset.

theperfecteconomist on July 7, 2012 at 3:21 PM

They should have written the last line, “In fact, she prefers not to be referred to by any gendered pronoun.”

Kevin M on July 7, 2012 at 3:21 PM

I don’t search out freakdom, to read about.

Right now, I search out pathways to American exceptionalism.

I’m sick of reading this nonsense.

wolly4321 on July 7, 2012 at 3:22 PM

Back in high school Van could’ve fooled me into a first date (roller skating or bowling, and no tongue!)

:P

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on July 7, 2012 at 3:23 PM

And Harvard wonders why I never respond to their fundraising requests…

steebo77 on July 7, 2012 at 3:19 PM

Excellent. That is my reaction to solicitations from Stanford, the Harvard of the West they used to say.

GaltBlvnAtty on July 7, 2012 at 3:23 PM

Heh, what happens to the term “men”, not as many men, opposed to one man, but as ‘humankind’?

Schadenfreude on July 7, 2012 at 3:25 PM

was always taught “Oriental” referred to objects (i.e. Oriental rug, Oriental art, etc.) and Asian refers to people. Meh.

Fallon on July 7, 2012 at 3:10 PM

(also…I was told objects were Oriental [like carpets] and people were Asian)

HawaiiLwyr on July 7, 2012 at 3:10 PM

Oriental as a term in commerce for art & culture objects or cultural descriptions was used as a shortcut to market these things to the West.

The Romans considered Judaism an Oriental Religion and it is describe as such by Romans in surviving writing.

When trade to the East was expanded by the British the term Oriental was still used this way up until WWI.

Europeans developed a cultural taste for all things “oriental” that included Arabic design as well as Chinese/Japanese design that influenced Western Design.

Borrow the idea/style and adapt/improve it to market it to the West…a signature Romanesque thing to do.

workingclass artist on July 7, 2012 at 3:25 PM

Call it “Pat” and be done with it.

Cicero43 on July 7, 2012 at 3:25 PM

Whenever (non-infant, human) gender is unknown or unspecified, I always use the masculine form. That is what I was taught and I’m unimpressed by the arguments otherwise. Others’ hang-ups are not my problem.

I see no reason to use oriental to describe a person, however, unless you also use occidental. Actually, I may start using both. A bit like “Scotch”.

VerbumSap on July 7, 2012 at 3:25 PM

“Shet”. She, he, it…

blankminde on July 7, 2012 at 3:26 PM

Progress in Higher Education.

Harvard has appointed Vanidy “Van” Bailey as the College’s first permanent director of bisexual, gay, lesbian, transgender, and queer student life. Bailey, the assistant director for education at the University of California, San Diego, will assume the new position on July 16.

CORRECTION:

bayview on July 6, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Posted this last night in QOTD and did not get one reaction.

bayview on July 7, 2012 at 3:26 PM

Vaniday wishes to be addressed as @#$%^&*zx5 and will be, along with the Harvard faculty and administration, outrageously outraged by your mulish patriarchy and lack of sensitivity if you dare to pronounce it incorrectly.

Sacramento on July 7, 2012 at 3:27 PM

Heh, what happens to the term “men”…?

Schadenfreude on July 7, 2012 at 3:25 PM

‘Men’ already has an anti-gay connotation among the radical gay Left.

Liam on July 7, 2012 at 3:28 PM

The “Q” actually stands for Questioning now in most printed material that I’ve seen.

FlareCorran on July 7, 2012 at 3:29 PM

FlareCorran on July 7, 2012 at 3:29 PM

I would’ve guessed Quislings.

Flange on July 7, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Well, you’d have he and she drop out and be replaced with the plural, they (just as thou dropped off and was replaced with the plural you, which lost its – or, as Shakespeare would say, his - plural force). We’ve been using they since Anglo-Saxon times to mean “a person whose sex [sorry: gender] I don’t know”.

But there would still be an urge to distinguish singular and plural, so the erstwhile plural they, now singular, would be complemented by a new plural, like they all or something similar. (Again, like the new second person plural: y’all (American South), you lot (England), you guys (American West), you’s (Ireland and its colonies), etc. If you think about it, this last one makes the most sense.)

I’m certainly not advocating that we drop he and she - I think that’s stupid – but realistically it probably wouldn’t end in “it”. We’re just set up differently from, say, Turkish, which has a single gender.

Tzetzes on July 7, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Jaibones on July 7, 2012 at 3:15 PM

it’s not wrong.

It’s Latin.

Although what you describe historically is true…The British expanded the description in trade.

Now the use of the latin term encompasses all points east.

workingclass artist on July 7, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Simple question, what plumbing was it born with? That should pretty much settle the issue.

AZfederalist on July 7, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Go with Mike Hunt but say it real fast.

docflash on July 7, 2012 at 3:36 PM

If the gays are going to be queer now can they return to proper usage the term gay which used to mean happy.

workingclass artist on July 7, 2012 at 3:38 PM

weirdo douchebag not to be confused with queen of the a$$holes has a nice ring to it! LMAO!!!!

sonnyspats1 on July 7, 2012 at 3:39 PM

If only her parent had named her Leqweesha.

ndanielson on July 7, 2012 at 3:40 PM

“Bailey doesn’t want Bailey to be referred to with the use of pronouns that would operate to describe Bailey.”

“I guess Bailey’s like any other male, since Bailey puts Bailey’s pants on one leg at a time.”

What a moron.

TXUS on July 7, 2012 at 3:40 PM

Simple question – do we have to pay for a breast exam or a pap smear?

If so, then “Van” is a “she”.

If “Van” doesn’t want us to use a “gendered” pronoun, then “Van” doesn’t get to have any gender-specific healthcare….

TeresainFortWorth on July 7, 2012 at 3:41 PM

By the look of “its” grill, “it” and Strahan must have the same dentist.

BallisticBob on July 7, 2012 at 3:41 PM

Thanks for that pic. You see, I’ve been sleeping too well recently.

EddieC on July 7, 2012 at 3:41 PM

Orwell is laughing at us right now. He was so right…

nobar on July 7, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Yes. people from India are Asians.

cheetah2 on July 7, 2012 at 3:42 PM

I learned ‘oriental’ was racist in 2001.

Thanks Minnesota.

WeekendAtBernankes on July 7, 2012 at 3:42 PM

it’s a composite

Slade73 on July 7, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Where does this fit into the war on women?

tom daschle concerned on July 7, 2012 at 3:43 PM

Simple question – do we have to pay for a breast exam or a pap smear?

If so, then “Van” is a “she”.

It must be so confused on its right to choose.

ndanielson on July 7, 2012 at 3:44 PM

I think I’ll ignore the attempts by those in the LGBT community who see the entire world through that singular lens to self segregate and continue to afford each of them the human dignity of being referenced by the standard usage of pronouns in the English language. The only thing, the singular issue, that separates those in the LGBT community from the general culture is their sexuality. In all other aspects they are part of our general culture.

Once the relatively new openess of the LGBT community sinks in, I’m fairly certain that foolishness like this gender specific pronoun issue will fade away. The LGBT community cannot try to make the case one one hand that they are a part of the general culture and simultaneously attempt to prosecute a war on the general culture and assign themselves a position that’s tantamount to segregation from that culture. It destroys their credibility.

As to the “Queer” part of the Harvard acronym, I encountered that at University of California a few years ago. I asked Dr.Greg Bredbeck, who taught “Queer Studies” as a culture class, about the usage of ‘queer’ because, like Jazz, I was confused about when or whether usage of the term might be appropriate and didn’t wish to be offensive inadvertently. He said that it was an effort to ‘own’ the term with an eye toward detoxifying it in the general culture as well as the LGBT culture. I guess Harvard is just a little behind the curve on that one.

thatsafactjack on July 7, 2012 at 3:44 PM

Turkish, which has a single gender.

Tzetzes on July 7, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Good one, no comment!

Schadenfreude on July 7, 2012 at 3:45 PM

I say let’s call them sandwich .
It a cool word . Besides BGLTQ sounds
like a sandwich .

Lucano on July 7, 2012 at 3:47 PM

So “Van” prefers to be called “it”?

GarandFan on July 7, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Oriental means “from the East”, literally “from the land of the Rising Sun” (sol oriens, solis orientis – remind you of any nation’s flag?). Occidental (the name of a well-known stepping-stone to Columbia) means “from the land of the setting sun” (sol occidens, solis occidentis).

Greek does it the same way (Δύση καὶ Ἀνατολή and their derivative adjectives). In German, besides the words der Westen and der Osten, you have das Morgenland and das Abendland: literally Morningland and Even(ing)land, and synonyms to “eastern/oriental” and “western/occidental” are “eveninglandish” and “morninglandish”.

(Cool, eh? One ancient Hebrew way of saying the West is yam (ים), “the Sea.” Same in Old Norwegian, while in Iceland it was the opposite. Makes sense to sailing nations.)

But I s’pose the above isn’t of much interest to a Director of BGLTQ Student Life, though I’m glad there are still a few holdouts at Oxford and Chicago.

Tzetzes on July 7, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Obama/Bailey 2012!

WhatSlushfund on July 7, 2012 at 3:50 PM

“In fact, Bailey prefers not to be referred to by any gendered pronoun…”

What’s listed on “it’s” Harvard application…

…. 1/32 female?

Seven Percent Solution on July 7, 2012 at 3:50 PM

To welcome Van, will the Harvard Drama Dept. be putting on a revival of ‘Bi Bi Birdie‘?

:P

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on July 7, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Actually Jazz I am a bit better looking than you. :)

Call her “ugly”. The truth hurts dear! Who cares about her response.

I am so sick of freaks, f@gs and attention whores! Ignore them!

Bubba Redneck on July 7, 2012 at 3:52 PM

So “Van” prefers to be called “it”?

Does “it” beat “she” for that? That is the question…

ndanielson on July 7, 2012 at 3:52 PM

:P

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on July 7, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Actually, according to many gays, bi-sexuals are looked down on and considered to be getting a free ride.

Liam on July 7, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Tzetzes on July 7, 2012 at 3:48 PM

When a language dies, so dies the culture of the land.

See Germany, for one blatant example. Every 3rd word is English…and not for computer terms either. But you know this already.

Schadenfreude on July 7, 2012 at 3:54 PM

I can’t top what’s already been said! lol But yeah, IT’s cool with “it” right?

cicerone on July 7, 2012 at 3:54 PM

VerbumSap on July 7, 2012 at 3:25 PM

Our culture is described as the culture of the west.

West is a german term.
Vepser is also a latin term for West. Both were used and are roots for the term West but the german variation became the common term we use in english today and eastern cultures use to describe us.

Latin occidental survives in french and spanish

workingclass artist on July 7, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Wow – It’s resume is almost as impressive as Obama’s:

Harvard really is lowering their standards….
I wonder how much they are paying this clown to cater to such a small number of students?

Did the money come from a Federal Grant?

TeresainFortWorth on July 7, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Does anyone here, know anyone like this person in real life? I don’t. Sure, they exist. Maybe if you live in NYC or SanFran.

Breaking news: freaks exist in urban utopia.

wolly4321 on July 7, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Thanks for that pic. You see, I’ve been sleeping too well recently.

EddieC on July 7, 2012 at 3:41 PM

*snicker*

workingclass artist on July 7, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Breaking news: freaks exist in urban utopia.

wolly4321 on July 7, 2012 at 3:57 PM

hehe. lol*

SparkPlug on July 7, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Liam on July 7, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Free ride because of who they ride.

;)

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on July 7, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Actually Jazz I am a bit better looking than you. :)

Bubba Redneck on July 7, 2012 at 3:52 PM

BANNED!

Jazz Shaw on July 7, 2012 at 3:59 PM

Its cousin will have to call it Cousin It. Too Funny.

SparkPlug on July 7, 2012 at 3:59 PM

We will never be able to NOT offend the perpetually offended, so I suggest that we stop referring to them at all. Am I still allowed to say “them”?

RebeccaH on July 7, 2012 at 3:59 PM

My suggestion to replace “him, her, he, or she” is as follows. Obviously this is not a complete list.

Dolt, Dummy, Dunce, Dimwit, Moron, and of course, Fool.

These should be acceptable since they are not gender specific.

Snake307 on July 7, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Tzetzes on July 7, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Yeah…language & history are cool

workingclass artist on July 7, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Jazz Shaw on July 7, 2012 at 3:59 PM

You are prettier than me.

Now that’s how you score points folks. BTW I think Jazz and AP are awesome bloggers like Jedi Knights of the blog world. And Ed too. He is a dynamo.

I don’t have to kiss up to Tina anymore since she is like Dave, not here.

SparkPlug on July 7, 2012 at 4:02 PM

There is a non-gendered pronoun in the English language, separate from “he” and “she”.

It’s “comrade.”

solatic on July 7, 2012 at 4:03 PM

S/he is already taken, but it seems to employ both genders rather than being gender neutral. How about s/h/it?

JS on July 7, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Dolt, Dummy, Dunce, Dimwit, Moron, and of course, Fool.

These should be acceptable since they are not gender specific.

Snake307 on July 7, 2012 at 4:00 PM

Right there with ya…In classical terms the romans borrowed the greek to perfect the word idiot.

works for me.

workingclass artist on July 7, 2012 at 4:04 PM

So I guess referring to “it” as a “shim” is out of the question?

2L8 on July 7, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Does anyone here, know anyone like this person in real life?

wolly4321 on July 7, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Yep. When I was a kid, a friend’s mom was a “Bull Dagger“. And met gheys of all sorts in the Army.

Ladysmith CulchaVulcha on July 7, 2012 at 4:07 PM

All kidding aside I really admire good blogger/writers like Ed, AP and Jazz. And Munford too.

SparkPlug on July 7, 2012 at 4:07 PM

What will the feminists say since “it” is an object…and I thought we weren’t supposed to objectify persons…oh never mind…

workingclass artist on July 7, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Wow – It’s resume is almost as impressive as Obama’s:

Harvard really is lowering their standards….

Did the money come from a Federal Grant?

She looks a bit like a community organizer…interesting…that one of her favorite movies is, “Default: The Student loan”. Gosh. Those community organizers bring such good to the community, don’t they?

ndanielson on July 7, 2012 at 4:08 PM

She-he-it as one syllable.

Hening on July 7, 2012 at 4:08 PM

This whole topic is so 11th grade.

*snicker*

wolly4321 on July 7, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Turkish, which has a single gender.

Tzetzes on July 7, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Good one, no comment!

Schadenfreude on July 7, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Not meant as a knock against my Turkish friends. Just a different grammar.

(I mentioned singular and plural above. Proto-Indo-European and several of her daughters (I mean, its offspring), along with most Semitic languages today, had/have the dual: yom (יום)”a day”, yomaim (יומים) “two days”, yamim (ימים) “more than two days”. Some languages – I think in Melanesia (sorry: the Islands of Color) – have singular, paucal and plural, for one thing, a few things, or a bunch of things.)

Tzetzes on July 7, 2012 at 4:10 PM

No gender (personal) pronouns? Might have to use demonstratives like THAT or THIS. THIS person is confused and wants to make sure everyone else is too.

underdog on July 7, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Isn’t it redundant to use Queer along with the BGLT designations? Back when I grew up, Queer said it all.

Dingbat63 on July 7, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Sparkplug- Erika writes well, too.

Plus she’s hot as all get out.

wolly4321 on July 7, 2012 at 4:15 PM

She + he + it.

jhffmn on July 7, 2012 at 4:19 PM

BGLTQ = DDFON*

*Depraved Degenerate Freaks of Nature

TeaPartyNation on July 7, 2012 at 4:19 PM

C’mon now, everyone. Lez be friends… *L*

Liam on July 7, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Didn’t we go through this crap already in the 1970′s?

LooseCannon on July 7, 2012 at 4:24 PM

You had a good run, America.

God help us.

LukeinNE on July 7, 2012 at 4:24 PM

underdog on July 7, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Might have to ixnay that word person….since it’s derived from a european root (can’t have that)…english derived from…gasp….those pesky Romans speaking Latin again.

Aaaand since Latin is both horrible (oops! used it again) imperialism speak..it’s also the universal & historical written language for the largest Christian denomination in the world..those pesky roman catholics…arrrgh!

re-inventing all of western history is kinda hard and well complicated for liberals

workingclass artist on July 7, 2012 at 4:25 PM

Didn’t we go through this crap already in the 1970′s?

LooseCannon on July 7, 2012 at 4:24 PM

has it ever ended?

workingclass artist on July 7, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Shim or Herm work
Shim for born girls who want to be men.
Herm for born boys who want to be women.

I saw herm today, Ronda seems to be doing well

I heard that Mary was dating shim.

Um yea I’ll need one of these /s

Gwillie on July 7, 2012 at 4:29 PM

*rolls eyes*

Well, when she invents a new word for “pretentious douchebag” I’ll be happy to call her that.

And, really, there ware getting to be way too many letters. “Gay” pretty much says it all, but I can get adding the LBT part. The rest? Just let it go, guys. Breaking yourself down into an even smaller “minority” doesn’t make you more special tat the rest of us that are just happy being gay, or, even better, just people.

Cyhort on July 7, 2012 at 4:30 PM