Quotes of the day

posted at 9:00 pm on July 6, 2012 by Allahpundit

President Obama, at his second campaign stop Friday following a dismal June jobs report, dropped a line from his speech in which he cited the faint job growth as a “step in the right direction.”

With the economy typically polling as the top issue in the 2012 race, Obama is now under heavy pressure to demonstrate a turnaround sometime between July and October. A cascade of weak jobs reports between now and then would not bode well for his chances, though the president so far has kept the edge over Romney in many battleground state polls.

***

No president since World War II has won re-election with a jobless rate over 7.4 percent, a figure the economy is now almost certain not to reach before November. The president is quickly running out of time to bring the jobless rate down with just four reports now remaining before the election. And Friday’s report took on added importance as it will help set impressions of the economic trend heading into the summer vacation season, when voters tend to tune out…

Obama’s approval rating on the economy—consistently rated the top issue for voters— has long been mired in dismal territory. Friday’s numbers are likely to freeze the current dynamic that doesn’t favor the White House, forcing the president to continue a harshly negative campaign seeking to frame Romney as unpalatable alternative through attacks on his business record and extensive wealth, including his money in overseas accounts…

“I don’t see where the growth is going to come from now until the election,” said Matt McDonald, a former Bush administration official now with consulting group Hamilton Place Strategies. “You have a massive European overhang and business leaders are very concerned not just with Europe, but with what is going to happen in the U.S.,” McDonald said. “I think it will continue to be a pretty rude intrusion into the president’s campaign on a monthly basis from now until the election”

***

Have voters “priced-in” bad economic news as they evaluate Pres Obama? Stubborn polling suggests answer may be yes.

***

I am not sure [today's jobs report] qualifies as a significant miss relative to the market’s expectations. Still, those expectations were quite low to begin with. These are certainly disappointing numbers as compared to what had seemed possible earlier in the year.

Before the January job numbers were released, I wrote that 150,000 jobs added per month would make Mr. Obama roughly break-even for re-election given his approval ratings at that time. Between the strong numbers in the first few months of the year and the weaker ones recently, almost exactly 150,000 jobs per month have been created so far in 2012.

However, Mr. Obama seems to have gotten the benefit of the doubt from voters. His approval ratings improved some early in the year, but have not yet declined much with recent jobs reports.

***

Steve Schmidt, the 2008 campaign manager for Senator John McCain’s presidential bid, said voter attitudes about the economy had solidified already and would not be much affected by new jobs numbers on Friday or the rest of the year.

“The shape of the playing field is largely set,” Mr. Schmidt said. “They believe it’s a very bad economy. They’re pessimistic and they’re anxious. The campaign that wins is the campaign best able to address the anxiety. It’s a comfort argument.”

So far, he added, polls show Mr. Obama making headway in swing states with his attacks on Mr. Romney’s priorities, his finances and his record at Bain…

“The arguments that campaigns put out in July and August are largely unheard by the people who will decide the election,” Mr. Schmidt said. “Both sides are putting down markers for the arguments they’ll make in the fall.”

The June numbers, then, will represent another test of Mr. Obama’s resiliency.

***

I am beginning to get the feeling that voters are shrugging their shoulders about politicians, no longer believing they can fix the economic problems. They’ve reset their expectations about how political leaders can change the dynamic. After watching basically no growth in real wages over the last decade, no real growth in private sector jobs and a stagnant unemployment rate, they don’t think that a president (or a governor, for that matter) can do much to change the situation.

They also feel that politicians making typical promises about how they are going to fix things are not realistic or to be trusted. The public seems increasingly to want to be told the truth and what to really expect. They don’t want to be sold some happy story with slogans and talking points, but instead given a real sense of where we are and what our future looks like. It seems that voters want to be included in the conversation, and asked to be part of the solution. And they think the leadership solution is a much more local one in their communities and neighborhoods.

This “reset” on the country’s economic and leadership outlook of what might be a new normal could actually benefit Obama to a small degree. If Romney tries to make too many grand promises about what he will do as president, he could be viewed as untrustworthy and a typical politician.

***

June 2012: “Therefore, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report and it is informative to consider each report in the context of other data that are becoming available.”…

June 2011: “Therefore, as the Administration always stresses, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report.”…

June 2010: “As always, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report, positive or negative.”

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 7

Vince on July 6, 2012 at 11:15 PM

I tried something I’d never tried before. I sprayed the hood of my truck with Pam and fried an egg on it. I even ate the damned thing…

OmahaConservative on July 6, 2012 at 11:18 PM

TxAnn56 on July 6, 2012 at 11:14 PM

And don’t forget how he also changes his cadence depending on the venue. He’s the Everyman, don’t ya know?

4Grace on July 6, 2012 at 11:18 PM

LevinFan on July 6, 2012 at 11:17 PM

I saw that when I was looking around. That was pretty funny, wasn’t it?

jaime on July 6, 2012 at 11:19 PM

LevinFan on July 6, 2012 at 11:07 PM

I already wrote in the SE Cupp thread, but I’m repeating here since it’s brought up but Bobby Jindal would be a complete waste in the VP spot given his background. Jindal’s my governor & I know a lot of people would like to see him as VP but the man has a bachelors in Biology and Medical Education from Brown; he’s Rhodes Scholar with Masters in Health Policy from Oxford; he was Secretary of LA Health & Hospitals Dept where he turned the LA Medicaid program from a $400+ million deficit into a $200+ million surplus & then went to work in the Dept. of HHS under Bush all before being elected to first the US House & then LA governor. If there is *anyone* else in this country who should be Secretary of HHS to deal with the mess already created by the implementation of Obamacare, replacing it & to implement the new measures a (theoretical) GOP Congress passes, I’d like to know who that is. As much as people want him for VP, I don’t think that is the appropriate spot for him in a Romney administration — the man was born to be Sec. of HHS.

I kind of feel that Ryan would also be wasted in the VP spot — although not as big of a waste as Jindal would be — because lets face it, the actual “job” of VP is pretty much a big nothing burger — even Biden can do it. Ryan seems to be one of the few energetic, hard working guys we have in the Congress right now. Having him there under a Romney presidency (and theoretical GOP House & Senate) to help with the repeal of Obamacare, designing and passing a budget, etc. would be far more valuable, IMO, ’cause he’d get the others off their duffs too.

I understand the need to excite the base, but I hate the idea of losing either one of those guys to the vague, ill-defined VP spot.

Dark Star on July 6, 2012 at 11:21 PM

TXUS on July 6, 2012 at 11:16 PM

I agree with your analysis, with one minor exception. I think that quite a few in the media DO see the warning signs. Thus, frantic stories about *gasp* Ann Romney riding horses for MS therapy. They seem to be covering O’s azz more than the usual amount and throwing some really bizarre and/or vile crap at the wall.

4Grace on July 6, 2012 at 11:23 PM

BTW, it was 107 here in St Louis today and broke another record. It’s supposed to be 107 tomorrow and then rain coming in on Sunday with a high of 94.

Vince on July 6, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Hmmm, I was wondering where our normal weather went.

SWalker on July 6, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Man are we getting HAMMERED by 0bama ads. They are spending a fortune in this market…

OmahaConservative on July 6, 2012 at 10:57 PM

…how’s your TV screen looking?

KOOLAID2 on July 6, 2012 at 11:23 PM

I’ve already checked my machines, thankfully they’re both clean.

Flora Duh on July 6, 2012 at 10:49 PM

That had to really pi$$ Pam off.

Vince on July 6, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Wait. People factor in a bad economy and still vote for the incumbent. When did this start?

JohnInCA on July 6, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Well, yeaah. When the incumbent is a failing Democrat who can’t find his @$$ from a hole in the ground. You bet the people factor in the bad economy and still plan to vote for him. The MSM wouldn’t have it any other way.

/sadly, this will probably sway a few of the soft-headed imbeciles. No insult meant to imbeciles.

AZfederalist on July 6, 2012 at 11:24 PM

…how’s your TV screen looking?

KOOLAID2 on July 6, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Lolz! I been flushing twice since you posted that…

OmahaConservative on July 6, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Vince on July 6, 2012 at 11:15 PM

OmahaConservative on July 6, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Hang, yeah !

Can’t be wasting a good egg.

listens2glenn on July 6, 2012 at 11:25 PM

jaime on July 6, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Haha. Love the song. Don’t believe I’ve seen that vid with it before. lolz

4Grace on July 6, 2012 at 11:26 PM

OmahaConservative on July 6, 2012 at 11:18 PM

That had to really pi$$ Pam off.

Vince on July 6, 2012 at 11:24 PM

That’s what I meant to do.

Vince on July 6, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Vince on July 6, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Oh my! I have a good friend who lives in the St Louis area, she does not handle the heat well, I hope she’s prepared.

I just saw a tweet that says we’re supposed to have heat indexes tomorrow that will put us well over 100. Also supposed to have some thunderstorms tomorrow, which will cool temps down – for about 30 minutes until it turns into a sauna.

I’ve lived in FL for almost 40 yrs so I can handle the heat pretty well, but the humidity since June has hit me hard this year.

Flora Duh on July 6, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Fox

“The president’s policies have clearly not been successful in re-igniting this economy,” Romney said. “It doesn’t have to be this way.”

True. If Mitt was metrosexual.

Bmore on July 6, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Bmore -

I happened onto your blog the other night after the 4th, and I want to say your fireworks photos are fantastic! Really lovely, looking out over the water.

MustLoveBlogs on July 6, 2012 at 11:30 PM

4Grace on July 6, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Yeah, I usually try for sound quality over video content. I’m usually searching for another song or version when I’m listening, so I don’t usually see too much of the video first time through. If the song makes the cut, then I watch the video to make sure it’s not too objectionable.

I like that song, too. They had a lot of interesting music in the early 60s.

jaime on July 6, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Dark Star on July 6, 2012 at 11:21 PM

…I really want him since it would be hard for the press to ignore him and demonize him…but you are right about him and Ryan.

KOOLAID2 on July 6, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Obamacare guraantees this. Ir creates a deer in the headlights employer

Because Obamacare runs on the whim of Sibelius, and can be changed on the same whims, employees are just sinkers in the catfish tank of the Democrat controlled Beltway

This will not stop voters from following normal pattern and throwing out the current leader. Obama’s only hope is the new amnesty/ motot voter

Meanwhile I heard the idiot governor in Michigan has vetoed a voter ID law

Snyder vetoed a proposal from the Republican-led legislature requiring a photo ID for absentee voting.

Snyder also vetoed proposals that would require voters to affirm their U.S. citizenship before receiving ballots and to require voter registration groups to undergo training by the secretary of state or local clerks.

I use the term ‘idiot’ with all due respect

entagor on July 6, 2012 at 11:33 PM

It has been horribly hot here in STL. I work in an unairconditioned manufacturing setting. It is typically 110 and up during the summer like this.

tom daschle concerned on July 6, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Anyone seen HornetSting lately? I always miss her, especially on weekend nights…

OmahaConservative on July 6, 2012 at 11:35 PM

MustLoveBlogs on July 6, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Well thank you kindly. Same every year. This year the better half and I decided to stay on land for them. First time since the 90′s. We enjoyed it. Glad you did also. The boat parade was lovely this year as well. ; )

Bmore on July 6, 2012 at 11:36 PM

TXUS on July 6, 2012 at 11:16 PM

4Grace on July 6, 2012 at 11:23 PM

But do you really think they see it? There was plenty of bad stuff said about Nixon in 1972 (and more deserved then the ridiculous things said about Romney & Ann — the Romneys participate in competitive sports during their family vacation – just like the Nazis!!!!!). I think the MSM is only doing it not because they actually think anyone would vote against Obama, but only because Obama/Axlerod has told them too. The reason I say this is because they think these lame, vile attacks are working when I’m pretty sure the vast majority of us out there see them for what they are: lame, vile attacks because Obama can’t run on his record.

Dark Star on July 6, 2012 at 11:38 PM

entagor on July 6, 2012 at 11:33 PM

I was saddened and angry to read about that. Why should simple laws to protect the integrity of the voting process frighten the Dems so much? (rhetorical question)

4Grace on July 6, 2012 at 11:38 PM

and I will be dancing in the streets!
…saw a couple of people with Oblahblah 2012 bumper stickers today…though I don’t see them as often as 2008…difference for me this year…is that I have to pull up next to everyone of them…get their attention…and give them ‘that look’ as I point my finger at my temple and cock the thumb!…some of them get upset!…I got a call from a police department a week or so ago…that I had ‘threatened’ the complainant… I have a dangerous finger!

KOOLAID2 on July 6, 2012 at 11:09 PM

What surprising to me is even down in the ATL there aren’t the numbers you’d expect. I too openly mock them. ; )
No trouble so far, I’m certain that will change.

Bmore on July 6, 2012 at 11:12 PM

I’m leaving tomorrow for a week up in Lake George, NY. We got the Romney bumper sticker on the back of the SUV.

It’s not so much that I embrace Romney but more so that I hate and an commited to hating Maobama. The bumper sticker shows I’m in the game for the most important election in our lives…. and it’ll be nice to p!ss those NY libs!

LevinFan on July 6, 2012 at 11:38 PM

tom daschle concerned on July 6, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Oh, tom, my heart goes out to you. That sucks.

4Grace on July 6, 2012 at 11:39 PM

I’m down here in Dixie, and the humidity has been a killer. I walk out with the dogs, and even they turn around and beat me back inside. You can reach out and grab handsful of the humidity, it’s that heavy. And like some of you, I’m dreading the next utilities bill.

MustLoveBlogs on July 6, 2012 at 11:40 PM

SWalker on July 6, 2012 at 11:14 PM

…THAT will be on my ipod!

KOOLAID2 on July 6, 2012 at 11:41 PM

this is the grim view of this country. in the last 20 years teh socialists have won with electoral votes in the mid 300s

W won with less than 300 electoral votes. IF mitt wins, it will be close…the socialists have large swaths of this country wrapped up.

just think IL used to have a decent R party…same with CA.

there’s an excellent chance barry will win…but hopefully we’ll take the senate. that may help a little

there’s a reason the left is cocky, aside from having the media as their PR agency

r keller on July 6, 2012 at 11:41 PM

The generalizing in most MSM news is really pretty funny sometimes. Yes, everyone “tunes out” in the summer, just like “markets plunged today as worries about XYZ made traders nervous” — another doozy they’re always putting out there. Makes good headlines, I guess.

KS Rex on July 6, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Say It Isn’t So?! Jon Huntsman To Skip GOP Convention As Form Of “Protest”…

Flora Duh on July 6, 2012 at 11:39 PM

From your post….

“Get over yourself, douchebag.”

I didn’t read any further as this made since…

Electrongod on July 6, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Oh, yes, Bmore, I forgot to mention that. Some of those boats look old and well kept. Beautiful old wood, hand polished? Of course, I may be wrong about that.

MustLoveBlogs on July 6, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Oh, tom, my heart goes out to you. That sucks.

4Grace on July 6, 2012 at 11:39 PM

They are all days topside the earth. God has graced me with employment. Everyday is a miracle. :)

tom daschle concerned on July 6, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Progress in Higher Education.

Harvard has appointed Vanidy “Van” Bailey as the College’s first permanent director of bisexual, gay, lesbian, transgender, and queer student life. Bailey, the assistant director for education at the University of California, San Diego, will assume the new position on July 16.

CORRECTION:

An earlier version of this article used the pronoun “she” to refer to Vanidy “Van” Bailey, the newly appointed director of bisexual, gay, lesbian, transgender, and queer student life. In fact, Bailey prefers not to be referred to by any gendered pronoun.

bayview on July 6, 2012 at 11:43 PM

I just can’t see Jon Huntsman getting his protest on. That would just be precious.

MustLoveBlogs on July 6, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Dark Star on July 6, 2012 at 11:21 PM

I understand your concern, however, I think that Ryan as VP would still be able to push Romney in the right direction. I don’t see Ryan as the traditional figure head VP, I see him more as the active Dick Cheney type.

I think Ryan would have more influence on Romney actually being part of his administration instead of being separated from him as the Budget Chairman. As VP, it forces Romney to campaign on fixing the entitlements and the pressure will be on Romney once he’s in office to follow through. The key is not only beating Maobama, but coercing Romney into moving to the right. I think Ryan’s influence will be a big step in that direction.

LevinFan on July 6, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Dark Star on July 6, 2012 at 11:38 PM

In general? No, I don’t think they see it. But a few do. It’s probably spoken about in hushed whispers in newsroom corridors and cocktail parties. But I do believe that the vast majority do NOT see it, or willfully ignore it. They simply are incapable of imagining that anyone could think differently than themselves.

4Grace on July 6, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Made my first ever political donation to a candidate today.

We must drag Mitt over the line in Nov. or this country is going to enter a darkness that none of us can fathom.

tom daschle concerned on July 6, 2012 at 11:44 PM

MustLoveBlogs, 20′s through 50′s Garwoods and CristCrafts. We used to have a HackerCraft that was my fav. It’s my favorite time of the year. Nothing can get to me and get me down. It’s all about enjoyment and tradition for us.

Bmore on July 6, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Electrongod on July 6, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Yup, Helena Huntsman sure thinks highly of himself, doesn’t he?

Just saw this on Twitter:

@ReaganWorld Michael Reagan

If my Father were alive today what would be his rallying cry? It would be “Holy Shit”

Goodnight all.

Flora Duh on July 6, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Goodnight all.

Flora Duh on July 6, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Take care…
It’s free…ya know…

Electrongod on July 6, 2012 at 11:48 PM

r keller on July 6, 2012 at 11:41 PM

While I want to take the Senate, that is not enough. Under normal presidencies, it would suffice. Even if we have both houses, O is still able to dictate by fiat (with a little help from his agency heads).

4Grace on July 6, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Good Night Flora, Pleasant Dreams.

Bmore on July 6, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Say It Isn’t So?! Jon Huntsman To Skip GOP Convention As Form Of “Protest”…

Flora Duh on July 6, 2012 at 11:39 PM

What is the InTrade line on the bet that “The Dog That Won’t” Huntsman will give a speech at the DNC Convention?

bayview on July 6, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Say It Isn’t So?! Jon Huntsman To Skip GOP Convention As Form Of “Protest”…

Flora Duh on July 6, 2012 at 11:39 PM

LOL! That was in the headlines earlier. I said if he hadn’t announced he wasn’t going, no one would know he wasn’t there. What a dweeb.

Night Owl on July 6, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Made my first ever political donation to a candidate today.

tom daschle concerned on July 6, 2012 at 11:44 PM

You’re a good man!!

My first ever donation was to Cain last November.

I donated again to Romney in May and plan to donate more.

LevinFan on July 6, 2012 at 11:49 PM

No trouble so far, I’m certain that will change.

Bmore on July 6, 2012 at 11:12 PM

…yes Atlanta is as surprising as Detroit…but the “Burbs” and the city proper are probably 2 different stories…I would never put my finger to my temple and cock my thumb on a Detroit street…the other driver there would pull out the real thing…and put a hole where MY finger was!

KOOLAID2 on July 6, 2012 at 11:50 PM

Obama is now under heavy pressure

Rest assured…it’s the
End of the Line

lynncgb on July 6, 2012 at 11:50 PM

You know it’s funny, I hadn’t even thought of Randy Huntsman once, until just now.

Bmore on July 6, 2012 at 11:50 PM

tom daschle concerned on July 6, 2012 at 11:42 PM

4Grace on July 6, 2012 at 11:50 PM

4Grace on July 6, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Good point, and perhaps they are seeing the writing on the wall, but in the end they, to protect their jobs and status in the newsrooms, and while personally devastated, will be writing their articles and doing their TV bits about how there was no way Obama could’ve won anyway because of the economy that he inherited from Bush, and that the voters in desperation decided to roll the dice … blah, blah, blah.

But, it’s a good sign, indeed, that we’re seeing them so soon in exaggerated Obama protection mode. They’re smelling loss way earlier than normally one would expect.

TXUS on July 6, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Flora Duh on July 6, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Oh, and I won’t be there either. Florida is way to humid for my hair. I hope they’ll think it through next time, if they want me to participate!

Night Owl on July 6, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Kool, when I’m in that hellhole, I’m downtown. ; )

Bmore on July 6, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Say It Isn’t So?! Jon Huntsman To Skip GOP Convention As Form Of “Protest”…

Flora Duh on July 6, 2012 at 11:39 PM

….it’s ok…we’ll see enough dresses there!

KOOLAID2 on July 6, 2012 at 11:52 PM

I get all the great arguments for Ryan being so valuable where he is at. He is…But isn’t he termed out there? I thought I read that somewhere. Seeing him debate amtrak joe would be priceless.

wolly4321 on July 6, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Night, Flora Duh.

4Grace on July 6, 2012 at 11:53 PM

KOOLAID2 on July 6, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Thanks for the validation! It’s not that Jindal is “over qualified” for VP so much as with the mess Obama has made, we need everyone in their *right* spot where they can be most valuable. For me, Jindal as Sec. of HHS is a no-brainer.

LevinFan on July 6, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Hmm, I hadn’t thought of Ryan as VP as being any more influential on Romney than Ryan as head of the House Budget Committee. Maybe you’re right, although I do think Romney would certainly be more apt to listen to the head of the Budget Committee than King Obama is. But, my concern about someone being “wasted” in VP slot is more so with Jindal than with Ryan.

4Grace on July 6, 2012 at 11:44 PM

I’m with you 100% on your take here.

Dark Star on July 6, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Here’s what I want to hear January 2013 as Jugears and Moochelle head back to Chicago: Away wit’ ya’

AZfederalist on July 6, 2012 at 11:54 PM

But first, November 7, the voters are going to be saying this

AZfederalist on July 6, 2012 at 11:56 PM

AZfederalist on July 6, 2012 at 11:54 PM

You may have a hard time hearin’ that song over my boos and hisses..

And cussin’….mostly cussin’

Electrongod on July 6, 2012 at 11:57 PM

But first, November 7, the voters are going to be saying this

AZfederalist on July 6, 2012 at 11:56 PM

My aunt had that record when it came out. I played it to death. Singing along and probably dancing around in my white go-go boots. lol

4Grace on July 6, 2012 at 11:59 PM

But first, November 7, the voters are going to be saying this

AZfederalist on July 6, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Dang..

I like that one…

Electrongod on July 6, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Sweet dreams all. I will do my best to send this rain further East.

gophergirl on July 7, 2012 at 12:00 AM

wolly4321 on July 6, 2012 at 11:52 PM

There are no term limits for the Federal Congress — maybe you are confusing it with state congresses? There was a movement in the early 90s to Amend the Constitution to put in term limits for both US Reps & US Senate, but it didn’t get the 2/3 majority needed. Also, around that same time some states tried to impose term limits on their federal Reps & Senators (as a way of getting around Constitutional Amend requirement), but the SCOTUS ruled that unconstitutional.

Dark Star on July 7, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Sweet dreams all. I will do my best to send this rain further East.

gophergirl on July 7, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Via Idaho….

Electrongod on July 7, 2012 at 12:01 AM

4Grace, any pictures? I know a place that’s always in the hunt for good pictures. ; )

Bmore on July 7, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Say It Isn’t So?! Jon Huntsman To Skip GOP Convention As Form Of “Protest”…

Flora Duh on July 6, 2012 at 11:39 PM

lol

4Grace mentioned 0bamessiah’s comical changes in cadence above – Huntsman’s, during his speech after the NH primary, which I had never see him display before, was hilariously bizarre, and worth checking out. If someone else doesn’t, I’ll get a link to it…

Bizarro No. 1 on July 7, 2012 at 12:02 AM

The GOP will betray you!..:)
The GOPe will betray you..for the true cons..:)

Dire Straits on July 7, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Sweet dreams all. I will do my best to send this rain further East.

gophergirl on July 7, 2012 at 12:00 AM

NOOOOO, send it to me instead…

OmahaConservative on July 7, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Good Night gg, Pleasant Dreams.

Bmore on July 7, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Dire, funny I don’t feel betrayed./

Bmore on July 7, 2012 at 12:04 AM

NOOOOO, send it to me instead…

OmahaConservative on July 7, 2012 at 12:02 AM

I have a ??? for you..:)

Dire Straits on July 7, 2012 at 12:04 AM

1964

I’m looking forward to the fun, fun, fun we’re going to have in November.

jaime on July 7, 2012 at 12:05 AM

The GOP will betray you!..:)
The GOPe will betray you..for the true cons..:)

Dire Straits on July 7, 2012 at 12:02 AM

I don’t know…now…

Obama has muddied the playing field..

With his mud..

Obama has betrayed…

From sea to shining sea…

Electrongod on July 7, 2012 at 12:05 AM

are ipads all they are cracked up to be? Easy to formulate posts here?

Because I’m trying to do it on an android and it don’t work.

wolly4321 on July 7, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Good night all.

Dark Star on July 7, 2012 at 12:07 AM

4Grace on July 6, 2012 at 11:48 PM

me too. we have to work hard…but the left has the big Mo and the organization and the left-wing hack press

i still cling to the belief that most people, if they knew how leftist barry is…and how the h/c is going to be royally screwed, most would opt for the R

but i don’t know…the ssdi numbers are shocking. i bet that barry has lowered the barriers to ssdi..but that is permanent payments

we are in shockingly bad shape as a country. no one cares..not barry, not the ‘press’…they are happy with the narrative that people are used to getting crumbs

and then there’s this

r keller on July 7, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Do you ever wonder if the MSM squawking heads have to wash the ick off of them at the end of a long day of lying for this skinny urkel looking marxist wrecking ball of filth?

Is there any soap that can do such a dirty job?

Key West Reader on July 7, 2012 at 12:08 AM

I love my iPad, I must say. I do, however, have the wireless keyboard, which is essential to good typing, I think. I own 3, and I really like using them.

MustLoveBlogs on July 7, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Bmore on July 7, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Hey, B. I did not take a single pic. Karate belt test, family in town for a week….
I might be able to pass on a paragraph or two about our most awesome 4th, though. Parade, Fair on the Square, fireworks, all in my small little American town. Very cool and uplifting. :)

4Grace on July 7, 2012 at 12:09 AM

By the method unemployment was measured during Jimmy Carter it is at 22.5% today.

Most of those people will also go into the booths and say “am I better off than I was 4 years ago?” and they will vote, against Obama. They won’t care about his charlanry nor his color.

Schadenfreude on July 7, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Electrongod on July 7, 2012 at 12:10 AM

charlatanry

Schadenfreude on July 7, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Dire Straits on July 7, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Evening, Dire!

4Grace on July 7, 2012 at 12:10 AM

wolly4321, iPads do have an additional effort that needs to be applied when commenting here at HA. You can’t always see all the videos either. When folks load tunes, if they aren’t the correct version YouTube, vids they won’t play. When you copy someone to quote them, the copy feature has trouble, something to do with the code here at the comment section and the iPad. Laptop or tower, still the ways to go here.

Bmore on July 7, 2012 at 12:12 AM

4Grace on July 7, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Hello 4Grace..Just fixing to put out an APB on you..Good to see you!..:)

Dire Straits on July 7, 2012 at 12:12 AM

4Grace, glad to hear you had a lovely 4th, nice to see you.

Bmore on July 7, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Electrongod on July 7, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Well sometimes you have to get down in the mud!..:)

Dire Straits on July 7, 2012 at 12:14 AM

I’m looking forward to the fun, fun, fun we’re going to have in November.

jaime on July 7, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Yes, I look forward to the election with anticipation.

4Grace on July 7, 2012 at 12:14 AM

charlatanry

Schadenfreude on July 7, 2012 at 12:10 AM

chicanery:
chi·can·er·y

[ shi káynəree ]

1.cheating or deception: deception or trickery, especially by the clever manipulation of language

Key West Reader on July 7, 2012 at 12:15 AM

1964

The way the left media and democratics go on about Bain, I wonder how they would describe Mary Poppins.

jaime on July 7, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Good night all.

Dark Star on July 7, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Night, Dark Star.

4Grace on July 7, 2012 at 12:15 AM

Schadenfreude on July 7, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Bittersweet..:)

Dire Straits on July 7, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Bmore on July 6, 2012 at 11:46 PM

…you like old boats…the pictures you have of the Mackinaw Bridge…about 20 minutes east of there toward Drummond Island is the village of Hessel at the start of the Les Cheneaux Islands (37 little grouped islands)…they have an antique wooden boat show once a year…and I think the Chris Craft dealer there is the oldest in the U.S.- you would love it!

KOOLAID2 on July 7, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Feet Don’t Fail Me Now

Ugly on July 6, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Good choice!

Rundgren is often a dweeb when it comes to political commentary, but he’s been involved in a lot of great musical creations.

Bizarro No. 1 on July 7, 2012 at 12:17 AM

1964

I’m looking forward to the fun, fun, fun we’re going to have in November.

jaime on July 7, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Isn’t that an old video? youtube says it was uploaded in ’08.

Del Dolemonte on July 7, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Night all.

Electrongod on July 7, 2012 at 12:10 AM

…bout time you went to bed! (RedCrow got up!)

KOOLAID2 on July 7, 2012 at 12:18 AM